Un-official Hublove thread

Jump to Last Post 101-150 of 274 discussions (360 posts)
  1. Blogger Mom profile image59
    Blogger Momposted 16 years ago

I've been really impressed with how everyone has done over the past week.  Neither of my answers today really made any sense - I think I was just over anxious and wanted to get an answer in as quickly as possible.  Tomorrow I'll think before hitting "send". wink

2. robie2 profile image78
    robie2posted 16 years ago

Hey guys--you are all awesome and all winners.Kudos to you all--I didn't even try and am sitting the contest out-- still focussed on reading and writing hubs and trying to figure out the joys of digg and stumbleupon. You've all been very prolific and produced some great material. Just thought I'd let you know you have an appreciative audience< see me clapping and cheering> smile

3. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

Who's excited about today's topic?

ME!
    :-D

I'm opening several now. I hope to finish them tonight. I'm just so excited!

4. gamergirl profile image86
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

Here's to hoping one of the clues involves roleplaying games or mmorpgs or computer games.

Then I'll have enough to write about to make ten hubs.

Until then, I'm falling behind because I just can't see writing ten hubs about things that I don't personally know about.  It just seems like cheating to go google something just so I can write contest entries about it.

Suck.

1. profile image0
      Hovalisposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I've had that trouble as well, and that's the reason I've only ended up with two hubs for the contest overall. With the ones I've written I've ended up having to do a lot of research anyway, just to check facts and fill in the things I didn't know. There's no way I could churn out 10 hubs a day anyway, because I'm a slow writer.

I'm having more fun watching the prolific and much better writers than I go for it full pelt. It's wonderful watching how they can find so many different angles to write from. That's just as much fun IMO.

5. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

Have fun Whitney, this is your cup of tea.

Gamergirl, you can definitely write about your experiences with your puppy, right?  I know what you mean about the google thing.  If I do online research for a topic, it is something I at least have a basic interest/knowledge of.
    For the football topic, my dad gave me tons of ideas...but it meant quickly studying up on something I didn't know about or care to learn.  So, I tried to figure out how football relates to my interests...let's see...football...football in movies...I like movies.  Hm, are there any funny football movies?
    Same thing with the China topic.  Some of my favorite games as a child were the Chinese jump rope, Chinese checkers (which aren't really from China), and the Chinese fingertrap.  So, I could at least draw from personal experience and memory, somewhat, and then do a bit of research to round off the edges.
    However, I wouldn't feel at all comfortable writing about ancient Chinese art because...I know nothing about it!  It would be too weird to quickly read up on it and regurgitate a bunch of stuff.

Hm.  This is getting long. 

Have fun hubbing!

6. Whitney05 profile image82

Thanks Stacie. I just wrote one- pets for small kids- but I have to say it's a little biased. Although, I did mention pets to consider but I wouldn't. I don't know. It was easy to write.

Most of these will be off my head an no research. :-D

I agree with you Stacie with other topics, try to see how you can relate them to things you like. For instance, the investing topic, I wrote about me investing in my reptile hobby business.

Charlotte- definitely write about your new puppy- first week with a new puppy, how you prepared for your new puppy, silly antics of your puppy.

I'm glad I've slacked up. I can now enjoy the topics better.

7. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68

Whitney, I love the pictures in your Pets for Small Kids hub!  The Bearded Dragon ones are too cute.

8. profile image0
    helenathegreatposted 16 years ago

I am SO psyched about the topic of pets!  I knew it (or something like it) was coming, so I've been pushing ideas into the back of my mind for days now.  Time to write!  smile

9. Whitney05 profile image82

Helena, I figured something like it was coming, too. I didn't know what expect though. I'm just going to have fun with it.

10. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68

My longest hubs are the ones that are easiest to write.  Probably because I'm so interested and into the topic that I have a ton to ramble on about. I have one right now that is at 1200, and I'm not done yet.  It is simply something I'm interested in.

11. gamergirl profile image86

I dunno, I think I came into the contest with the wrong motivation.  That digital camera is so amazing I want to weep, but I'm wearing myself out trying to keep up and keep it quality.

Stacie, you're totally going to win this thing, I feel it in my bones.  Share?

LOL I know I know.. probably not.. but you can't blame a girl for trying.

Whitney,

I would write about my experiences with Sierra, but I'm afraid they'd be discounted as being "too personal."

12. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68

gamer, can't you turn your personal experiences into learning opportunities?

13. gamergirl profile image86

I'm not sure.. it'd be a pretty far stretch I think.

1. Lissie profile image76
      Lissieposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Not at all my entire NZ Property investing hub was done on personal experience and 95% of the Travel money 1 too - you just generalise.  How did you decide to get a puppy - what was the decision making process. or if you he/she was an unsolicitced arrival how did you feel about that what are the issues people should think about before they give pets? Are you renting - what are the issues of having a dog on the lease?

2. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
      Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Ditto what Lissie said.

My Tips For Boarding Your Cats is 100% based off of my personal experience.  I didn't do any research while writing the hub.  I just sat and wrote it out, and it didn't take much time.

14. gamergirl profile image86

Okay.. I don't know if it worked well, but I just wrote a hub about the biggest things I've learned since Sierra came into my life, well, aside from having to learn to share my man's hugs.. grr!

15. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68

I think it is fabulous.

16. profile image0
    helenathegreatposted 16 years ago

It came out great, gamergirl.  We knew you could turn your personal experience into a super informative hub!  smile

17. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68

Where are all of the hublovers?

I'm bored at work in the first time in a long time.

18. gamergirl profile image86

I'm here!!!

I'm trying to think of another topic to write a hub about, but time is running short and that stresses me out.  So, I'll probably just have the two.. which means I may lose my number 5 spot on the rankings depending on how Patty and the others have done today. 

*falls down*

19. vreccc profile image60
    vrecccposted 16 years ago

gamegirl,

I tried to find the hub you mention but it seems the last one you did was on baby food. Is this the one you reference above?

20. gamergirl profile image86

tongue  If you click my profile you can see the last few hubs I've written.

21. amy jane profile image71
    amy janeposted 16 years ago

Hey Gamergirl,  I don't know about Patty, but I only did two today, so you don't have to worry about me catching up!
    This was the easiest topic for me, and I still couldn't push myself to do more.  Oh well. I made brownies for my girls instead smile

1. Whitney05 profile image82
      Whitney05posted 16 years agoin reply to this

I feel ya. The pets topic has been the easiest for me, and yet I only pulled out 4. The pets clue caught me on a manic day.

22. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68

Brownies are much better.  I would love some brownies right now.  Mmm.  Brownies...

23. stephhicks68 profile image86
    stephhicks68posted 16 years ago

Yum Brownies!  I only did one hub today.  I've written several in the past on babies, and I am just flat too busy with other "real life" things right now.  The Baby hubs that I have seen look excellent!  Lots of great information for parents and moms-to-be.

24. amy jane profile image71
    amy janeposted 16 years ago

Brownies with afternoon coffee smile

Real life does get in the way of hubbing sometimes. In a good way.

25. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 16 years ago

hahaha I only have one today.

I'll have fruit instead of bronwies - some nice strawberries and ice cream. smile

26. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68

I'm drooling over here.

27. gamergirl profile image86

Everyone come over to my house for fudge.

1. stephhicks68 profile image86
      stephhicks68posted 16 years agoin reply to this

Oh my gosh, I am totally drooling.  Between that and Amy Jane's reference to brownies with afternoon coffee, I feel a Starbuck's trip coming on...

28. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90

Make mine strawberry or blonde fudge; I just don't like chocolate except for 1-2 times a year..

1. Whitney05 profile image82
      Whitney05posted 16 years agoin reply to this

Blonde fudge is good!

29. gamergirl profile image86

Woo!! I can do that, Patty. big_smile

30. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90

Coooooooool.

31. gamergirl profile image86

Sheesh, what an oddball clue today.

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
      Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I was so freakin' close at the end...

32. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90

I stopped reading about the skip-sequence codes a month ago because they hurt my eyes, and forgot all about it.

33. Wendy08 profile image58
    Wendy08posted 16 years ago

oh, they had a pet clue. =/ shoot. that would of been fun to write about.

34. gamergirl profile image86

So, what to write about when all the topics you had in mind have been thoroughly covered by one person?

35. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68

Stop reading that person's stuff, and see what you can develop on your own, from your point of view.

Try a for and against the topic hub.

How do you find out about this topic?  How do you do it (enroll in it, register?), how does it work?

36. Whitney05 profile image82

Do what Stacie said in regards to looking at it from a different perspective.

I also suggested something in my last hub that you commented on... Advantages and disadvantages. I'll even feature it at the top. ;-) I thought about doing it, but would rather focus on just the advantages.

37. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68

Hm...you bake your own bread?

How to Teach Kids to Bake Bread
    Teaching Kids to Bake Bread

Did you know some private schools do have the students bake bread?  It is supposed to be good for them to knead the dough.  Something about the hand movement takes concentration that helps develop cognitive thinking.  Then, they bake it, and get to eat their accomplishment.

Teaching Chopping Safety

38. gamergirl profile image86

Thank you Stacie.. I deleted my post just now because I don't feel it's in good spirit.. I have this horrid habit of saying just what I think and feel at the time I think and feel it.  *zips lips and goes off to watch violent movies instead*

I like your last avatar.  Just IMHO.

39. gamergirl profile image86

the one with my face?

Yes, that one!  I liked seeing the real Charlotte!

1. Lissie profile image76
        Lissieposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Yes I agree - bring back Charlotte - I scan threads by avatars and have been ignoring u for several pages because of this change !

40. Wendy08 profile image58
    Wendy08posted 16 years ago

gamergirl! What did you do???!! I liked your last avatar! sad

41. gamergirl profile image86

This is the freedom hammer!! It's from google image searches under the term "anarchist capitalist." hehehe

42. gamergirl profile image86

oops!!

Alright, lemme see if I can find the pic.. LOL

43. gamergirl profile image86

Tada! New picture of my freshly Bob-Ewing'ed head!

44. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68

Charlotte is back!  And, she's squeaky clean.

45. gamergirl profile image86

*rubs noggin, listens to the squeeeeeak*

Yep!

46. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 16 years ago

I remember a user called gamergirl. She teased me about being bald. But that couldn't be you, could it? tongue

47. gamergirl profile image86

Not me!  big_smile

okay me, but dangit, don't I look awesome with no hair?

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image71
      Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Totally awesome.

2. Wendy08 profile image58
      Wendy08posted 16 years agoin reply to this

smile We don't care, I think it looks good! smile
      Gamergirl, maybe you can take a picture with you and your huskie??? big_smile

Wow - just got up this morning and look at you, Gamergirl!  I like it.  Wendy's idea of you and your dog is good (like me and my Garrett, boy) smile

1. Wendy08 profile image58
          Wendy08posted 16 years agoin reply to this

exactly. or you can be sitting with your pup on ya! big_smile

48. Write On! profile image70
    Write On!posted 16 years ago

Who needs hair?

It takes too much time...

Okay...  I need to just say, that those of you who are able to publish so many Hubs on such a consistent basis - have my complete admiration and respect:-)

I am POOPED!  Exhausted... and lacking sleep these last few weeks:-)  I think I am starting to think strangely?

I made a goal, to use the contest as a way to improve my writing abilities...   I committed to publish one Hub - each day - on the topic assigned for the contest. Simply a personal thing.

I am hoping that this will help me learn how to write better...  (I screwed up on "pets" day and forgot the plural form - tag was "pet" and so it didn't qualify.  But I guess that doesn't matter so much...  I really like the Hub:-)

I am worried that my writing is starting to read somewhat dyslexic???  Can anyone tell me... what these symptoms mean?

Fuzzy brain...  you know?  I am taking a day off to go to the zoo and hang out tomorrow... sigh:-)

I published now... so I can breathe for a bit.  Maybe this will help... you know, just being outdoors for a while...

My great respect for many of you -- has definitely been raised, for your amazing hard work here...

Write-On!

49. gamergirl profile image86

Oooh! I should do that!

50. gamergirl profile image86

Well, Sierra likes to lay across my feet when I stand outside.  I may have my fiance take a picture of that.  big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)