End of month earnings - How'd you do?

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (67 posts)
  1. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I know that Nelle posted a message like this a month or so ago and I looked to see if there was one for this month. I couldn't find one, so forgive me if there is!

How were your monthly earnings?

This was definitely my best month yet! I made just enough to cover my car payment, and the minimum payment on three credit cards. (I was really proud to tell my parents that I didn't need them to pay for my car note this month!)

All in all, I really didn't do much work. I wanted to do 30 hubs in 30 days and utilize spring break but ended up traveling and relaxing, instead. The 'set it and forget it' aspect of HP is so nice!

Hopefully you all had a great month, too!

1. alexandriaruthk profile image70
      alexandriaruthkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

congratulations girly girl! That is good to hear!

2. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Unbelievable month for both Adsense and Amazon...  I am completely thrilled, to say the least.  Record month by a long shot, but I keep making more each month.  It's so true it just takes a little time, huh?

Congrats on your great month, too.

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yay! Congrats - I see that you have a ton of new hubs I'll have to check out!

It really is unbelievable how earnings increase here with time!

3. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Earnings are also improving. Just need to up the traffic by optimizing some of my rubbish hubpages!

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Well, I hit payout again this month from AdSense. Still haven't reached $25 on Amazon.

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice!

I put Amazon capsules in every hub, no matter what. I think it is what helps because I constantly sell things that I didn't write about. (sold items yesterday about the dominatrix lifestyle hahaha)

All that really matters is getting them to Amazon with your tracker - Amazon will do the rest and convert them for you! big_smile

5. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 14 years ago

Over $300 this month! (Adsense. I make very little via Amazon & eBay)

My biggest earner was a Hub inspired by a friend's question that I had to dig through a messy forum to find a decent answer to (and which took me about 15 minutes to put together). I really should take her out to dinner. big_smile

True about the 'set it and forget it' aspect. I didn't even publish any hubs this month.

6. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Well done GG. smile
    Earnings much better for me this month. Hit payout and some. Seems as it's rightly said, this grows with time. Also working on my zero views hubs to see if i can make something better of them.
    Amazon is trickling in, nowhere near payout. But i'm hopeful - maybe in 9 months. lol

7. PackSecure profile image59
    PackSecureposted 14 years ago

I made $.01, but hey I just started. smile

1. starme77 profile image76
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice lol  lol those pennies always keep showin up here and there - I'm just playin with ya - it'll get way better fer ya I promise, keep writin and keep chattin smile

8. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Congrats everyone, I had my best month so far! smile

9. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Not quite tripled last months earnings, but the best month yet!

10. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 14 years ago

I actually did suprisingly well given I have really not been writing hubs , or doing mmuch with hub pages , I was totally surprised to see so much $$$$ in there smile totally rocks with only 17 hubs smile Like mcdonalds "I'm lovin it"

11. Mieka profile image61
    Miekaposted 14 years ago

I made a fortune!

28 dollar cents on Amazon and 68 eurocents on Adsense! I guess it can only go up from here...

smile

1. Mieka profile image61
      Miekaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ow I stand corrected, it was 69 cents with adsense, got one more click in the last few hours of March smile

12. ladyjane1 profile image70
    ladyjane1posted 14 years ago

I have a question once a person hits their payout do the months get better from there? I mean do you have months after that where you don't hit payout? Some of this is hard to understand and I have read everything but was just wondering and thought I would ask those who have already hit their payout, thanks.
    Ladyjane1

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The payouts tend to get closer together once you hit the first payout. My 1st took over 18 months, the 2nd was about 6 months and then the third about 3 months.Keep writing and the payouts will follow.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
        Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That sounds like the timetable I am following. (I hope Nelle isn't reading this-- or if she is, maybe she is giggling all the way to the bank.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think I've ever seen anyone go backwards in earnings.  Once you hit your first payout, it tends to go upwards faster.

I missed payout last month by a lousy dollar.  My next payout will be at least $250.

3. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For the most part, I've seen a consistent increase each month; although in the first year I had a few times when one month would be less than the a couple of the previous ones.  It looks to me as if Hubs that earn well keep earning better, Hubs that earn some earn a little more, and Hubs that weren't earning at all start earning the tiniest bit (and, of course, there are the "Big Zero" hubs - but let's not worry about them right now  hmm  )

13. flread45 profile image58
    flread45posted 14 years ago

I made 5000 this month

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

dollars? yikes

wow that is amazing...

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe he means page views???  yikes

2. flread45 profile image58
        flread45posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wish smile

14. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 14 years ago

Well I am kind of bummed.  I planned on seeing what I made then consider multiplying it by certain number of hubs to get to $1000 a month.  Well I made big fat $0.  So anything times 0 is still 0.  I am inspired by the stories though.  Dont believe the $5000 dude but who knows.  \

Totally be stoked if I could see some screen shots of the earnings.  Come on put your hub money where your mouth is and get me inspired.

1. flread45 profile image58

Just kidding and I would never post anything with adsense involved,too risky.smile

15. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

oh haha... well i was going to start rummaging through your hubs to discover your secret wink

hello WordScribe.

1. flread45 profile image58

I rummage all day and haven't found the hidden gold piece yet.
      But I make a little here and there.smile

2. profile image0

Howdy, cosette.  What up?

16. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

About $18 -- my best month ever! but then, I do nothing about keywords SEO or backlinks.
    I barely know what those things are, and at this point I don't really care. It's more for fun.
    (Oh, and also I have sold a couple of books.)

1. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good on you Rochelle. smile smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
        Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks BP-- and yes I'm just a few bucks shy of my second payout-- a lot quicker than the first.

17. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Things are looking great it is taking so much faster to next payout than before.

18. gamergirl profile image86
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

I missed payout this month by $10.  sad

BUT!  It's a good sign that I'm on my way to a payout check every month.  Hubby has written some articles, I've written some (that I need to publish.. LOL) and I've tweaked some hubs, things just keep getting better.

Now if only Amazon would let people in my state be Affiliates again. sad

19. Falsor Wing profile image60
    Falsor Wingposted 14 years ago

11 cents baby.

20. The10DollarMark profile image61
    The10DollarMarkposted 14 years ago

Amazon: 2.39
    Adsense: 3.01

I'm satisfied. My hubs are fairly new, they'll earn more as they become older.

21. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

My best month yet on HP! About $175 from adsense and Amazon combined here on HP. I sold two articles on Helium for $80 each and earned about $50 in pageviews there. I also sold several articles to other publishers.

Update: I just checked my HP earnings, and I've made almost $200 this month!

22. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

I made my usual .05 cents I am certain

23. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 14 years ago

Ok well I have now lost all faith.  Habee has 481 hubs and only makes $175.  I gotta find a better way to make money on the internet.

1. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't use me as an example! Many of my hubs were written  just for fun, and I do little backlinking. I'm a computer dummy! People with far fewer hubs are making a lot more than I am on HP!

2. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't lose all faith.  (Don't quit your day job, of course, but don't lose all faith.)  Everyone is different, puts in different amounts and kinds of effort or time.    If you follow the advice to write about something people will search for (and at least a some Hubs of that variety) you should earn.   It can take time, but as time goes on and your Hubs build up you'll probably be glad they're up and earning for you.  There can also be a "snowballing thing" when it comes to both your earning and what you learn.

24. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

Post pictures of Indian women! smile

25. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

I've been here a little over a year and really didn't publish much for the first 3 or 4 months. I didn't have Adsense or Amazon on my first hubs because I didn't know how everything worked here.

But after being disenchanted with other writing sites, I began to spend more time here and learning the ropes in the process.  I still do not have a lot of hubs, but if this month is any indication of future earnings I will make monthly payouts from Adsense with no problem.

I am not saying everyone will be successful if they write here, or anywhere else for that matter.  We all have different writing styles and different information we like to share in our hubs.  It all depends on what people are looking for and how much competition you face in your particular areas of expertise.

I learn something new here almost every day and have a blast doing so.  It's like making money doing something I enjoy doing anyway.  I'm sure I'm not alone.

1. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What he said!

2. Art 4 Life profile image60
      Art 4 Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have no clue how to make money here....I almost gave up writing hubs, and didnt do any for awhile...can someone please enlighten me? I finally published another one, just today actually...only because I had 200 followers... I am illiterate on the computer, and can barely get my pictures on the hubs I have published....anyone game to explain all of this to me?

1. profile image0

Check out some of Yoshi's, Sunforged's and Darkside's hubs, that will help a lot.  Keyword research is key, so you need to begin there if you want to earn money.  It takes a while though, so patience is a virtue here.

1. Art 4 Life profile image60
          Art 4 Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks...wordscribe41, I'll go and check them out....appreciate it~

26. N. Ramius profile image73
    N. Ramiusposted 14 years ago

I'll just say my best month yet, but still minuscule earnings. I'll be an old man by the time I make payout.

27. figment profile image74
    figmentposted 14 years ago

41 cents... I'm rich with faith and hope.

1. tony0724 profile image61
      tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

figment please share the secret of your success. That is some serious coin ! Help a Brotha out please !

28. Christene profile image59
    Christeneposted 14 years ago

Here?
    AdSense: $1.34
    Amazon: $0.00
    and eBay won't accept me hmm

Thankfully I do better elsewhere. LOL

29. calicoaster profile image76
    calicoasterposted 14 years ago

Yeah..the best month for me so far:

1) I joined hubpages this month
    2) My google adsense account got approved 12 days back
    3) I already have $1.16 in my adsense account.
    4) I love to read the hubs here, and browsing through forums is so much fun........
    5) My writing has definitely improved a lot, and I am learning tonnes of stuffs every day
    6) One of my hubs comes at number 1 on Google Search engine...for the phrase search "law of attraction and adsense"!! yayee big_smile big_smile

You all guys are so wonderful!! HP Rocks!!!

30. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

I wrote my first hub 26 Aug, got my AdSense account confirmed 11 Nov, and made my first payout 22 Mar.  March has been a great month.  IF my AdSense earnings continue at the March rate, I would make my second payout in 2 months.  I’m really hoping to hit payout monthly by my 1 year anniversary.

31. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Hi, Rose Mary!

32. rmcrayne profile image90

Hi-ya Holle.  I don't think I made a single forum entry except HubMob threads during the entire 28 days of the Healthy Hubs contest. Did I miss anything juicy?

AND I was woefully negligent in reading hubs too.  How have you been?

33. englightenedsoul profile image57
    englightenedsoulposted 14 years ago

I joined hubpages in December '09, got adsense approval from Google in the last week of December and have made $49.28 till date.  Though march has not been a good month for me comparatively and have only made a few dollars.  But I am very happy with my performance considering the fact that my online journey began 4 months ago and hubpages was the first site I signed up for.  Still trying to learn SEO basics and hopefully one day I will do better at it.  And those having trouble with what to write, check the hubmob topics.  They are popular topics and will get you instant traffic(internal and external).  Couple of my best performing hubs are the ones which I wrote for the hubmob hub.  Though my only problem is I still dont know how to perform with amazon??  Can anyone suggest a good hub on it?

34. rmcrayne profile image90

enlightened, Nelle Hoxie is one of the Amazon gurus. 

I agree with you on HubMob.  A couple of my most viewed hubs are HubMob hubs on topics I would otherwise not have written on.

1. englightenedsoul profile image57
      englightenedsoulposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I second that Rose.  My best viewed hubs are those which I would not have written on my own.  And I am off to read Nelle's hub, I hope I can figure out the amazon thing as I don't have the option of using Ebay and Kontera is not a viable option for me as I don't have that kind of traffic to earn some decent money from kontera.  Thanks for the help.  You always help me out.

35. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

Well I can't say I wrote all that many hubs over the last so month so earnings are just kinda stable. I hope to get some more hubs up with more time on my hands atm. I did have my highest adsense day this months tho, 2 clicks worth about £1.50ish from the same hub. Someday I would like to see that kind of cpc daily but adsense is a tricky mistress it seems. I do tend to focus more on amazon as I have had a few sales to get me excited and one hub made a sale with in days of publishing it, who knows mighta made a sale or 2 for HP as well. So HP guys, the lobsters on me! lol

36. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I have been very happy with the earnings this month.  Not the highest month for me, but some of my hubs are starting to pay off.  I finally sold more than 7 things on Amazon.  That made a difference! AdSense has been good too.  I am encouraged to keep experimenting.

37. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Ebay is reporting late results for 30th and 31st - without them I am up 37% from last month. (But that was February, a short month), so I broke $2,700 - Ebay and Amazon contributed the most.

We added about 100 hubs in lots of different categories. Nelle and her sisters decded that we needed some spice, so we invited the crazy Italian cousins over to join us. (Wine at staff meetings makes for some interestig hub topic selections.)

1. Mieka profile image61
      Miekaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Schizophrenia, anyone??? big_smile

Congrats on the earnings Nelle! I tried to send you an email the other day, but you turned off the option. Too many shady hubbers asking you to be their mentor in the money making department? smile

38. lakeerieartists profile image63
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

Good for you Nelle.  I am working to get into your earnings category.  I wrote and published 34 hubs this month, and hit my first $100 month on Adsense.  About $102 for March almost doubling February, and Ebay waiting to hear, but looks like will come close to doubling my February there too.  Amazon doesn't convert for me as well.

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree that ebay converts a lot better. I think the product inventory is amazing and the 7 day cookie doesn't hurt either.

39. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Since there are only 3.5 hours left in my earning month, Ill chime in with ...Yeahhh!!!!!..Im going to disneyland.

Out of the 5 main networks I use, I have reached payout in all. Only Amazon has a payout level below a $100.

I wrote 40 something hubs this month which is around a 25% increase in web real estate, so Im pretty excited to see how they will turn out after some aging and backlinking.

Im really excited by eBay and will be focusing much more on it...my earnings compared to total amount sold was 9.5% ...so i dont see any reason to focus on amazon and its 8%, previously, i felt amazon had more trust with some crowds.

...and I really am going to disneyland smile...leaving next weekend from Ny to Socal for a 3 day breather

40. princess g profile image61
    princess gposted 14 years ago

I got 4 bucks. I'm happy, its more than i thought i would get.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)