jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

49 hubs and 49 cents. Yes!

1. StevieDow profile image62
    StevieDowposted 6 years ago

My daughter, Sunstreeks, got me started on writing hubs. Almost all my hubs are about fishing. I have to start with what I know. My adsense is up to 49 cents and that is a thrill. One day it will be 59 cents and that will be an even bigger thrill. I haven't a clue what I am doing as far as the money making aspects. My daughter just tells me to keep writing. She is trying to teach me this stuff but I am slow so it takes time. She tells me I need to do websites. Okay, I have some ideas. I just wish I had paid attention more in typing class 38 years ago. I still suck as far as speed. And being computer illiterate does not help. But us old guys are smart enough to listen to the young people.
    So I am working at this. A leisurely pace but it is effort expended that could otherwise be spent talking to the TV and complaining. I will get her back. I will write a hub about her.
    Neener neener neener.

1. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

a journey of a thousand dollars begins with a single hub wink

you're on your way! welcome aboard!  smile

1. trooper22 profile image60
        trooper22posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have yet to earn a single penny in nearly a year.  To be honest, I no longer write for the cash.  It's for the practice.  My best stuff goes elsewhere.

1. rmcrayne profile image93
          rmcrayneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That doesn't sound right.  Are you signed up for AdSense?  And if so, did you put in your AdSense code into HubPages?

2. drej2522 profile image87
    drej2522posted 6 years ago

It is a good feeling that's for sure! Keep it up and congrats!

3. sportyfunster profile image81
    sportyfunsterposted 6 years ago

Keep on writing and one day 59 cents becomes 69 cents and then a $1...

4. barryrutherford profile image38
    barryrutherfordposted 6 years ago

Keep this up in about three years you should accumulate around $150.00.

Good Luck !

5. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago
    1. Anolinde profile image87
      Anolindeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow .. lots of nice links.  Thanks, Cagsil smile  I still have lots to learn myself!

6. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

49 hubs in two months isn't bad going.  It took me a lot longer than that to write so many.  Keep going and the money will start rolling in!

7. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

i cofess i haven't been earning too much since i switched from adsense-targeted writing to creative writing, but that's fine for now because i'm just in this sort of mood. but when i focus i can do pretty well for myself wink

i'm going to go read you now.

8. StevieDow profile image62
    StevieDowposted 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and the links. This is good. Write for profit or for fun or practice. It is expression and keeps us thinking.

1. calicoaster profile image59
      calicoasterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Right!! Congratulations and Welcome here!! smile smile

9. Anolinde profile image87
    Anolindeposted 6 years ago

Wow .. you've been busy! Good job and keep it up!  I'll need to write more .. once my daughter starts school next week smile

10. salt profile image65
    saltposted 6 years ago

congratulations and cagsil.. what a great list!