Take the Misha Challenge - I am

Jump to Last Post 51-100 of 125 discussions (239 posts)
  1. jenblacksheep profile image67
    jenblacksheepposted 13 years ago

This didn't seem worth starting a new thread on, so I thought I'd share my minor celebration here: 2 or 3 weeks ago I wrote a hub that went straight onto the first page of Google, had one click then disappeared the next day, and yesterday I noticed it was back there on the first page !! woohoo! ..... not sure how long it's been there but I haven't had any clicks or much traffic, presumably thats just because it doesn't have high traffic keywords? Right?

Also, how many backlinks do you reckon you need for your hubs to rank well on Google, or bring traffic or make money etc. How many will you use for this challenge? Just curious whether I'm on the right lines or if I need to do more.

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's easy to rank in teh number one spot in google, teh hard part is ranking number one in google for keywords that people are searching for!

Also remember to check your website rankings using a site such as http://www.scroogle.org since Google caches pages you visit as more relevant to your interests, so it might artificially place your page on Google.

1. jenblacksheep profile image67
        jenblacksheepposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just checked, it's the same position on Scroogle. I think that the topic is just not very widely searched, so ye, the keywords are ranking high, but people aren't really searching for those keywords.

1. Research Analyst profile image73
          Research Analystposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have been using scroogle too it seems to give a more accurate ranking result.

1. Research Analyst profile image73
            Research Analystposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just found out Scroogle is gone, not available anymore.

1. sunforged profile image71
              sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this
              1. travelespresso profile image69
                travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Gosh - I clicked on the link.  That is one UGLY site!  I didn't even want to hang around to find out its mission in life!

1. sunforged profile image71
                  sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol - not all tools are pretty

2. Kidgas profile image62
    Kidgasposted 13 years ago

Nelle,
    As you know from reading my blog, it has always been my goal to achieve $3000 per month ($100 per day) online.  I am not so concerned that it come from one Hub or many sources.  In essence, I have always been part of this challenge.  Unfortunately, it has taken a while to figure out exactly what may be required.

In the spirit of Misha, I have come to believe that backlinking is probably of paramount importance in achieving such a goal.  The most wonderful content will earn nothing if not read.  While I will continue to develop content, I need to spend more time linking and driving traffic.  Too bad it is not as much fun as other online activities, but is a necessary task.

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

Yeah I've decided that backlinking is also a necessary evil. I stopped doing it as much after some hubbers said they make good money without it. Wow, when I stopped my traffic tanked. So I'm back to backlinking.

1. KeithTax profile image73
      KeithTaxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the Misha plan is to focus on a small number of hubs and link them hard.

I also fell for the old "I don't backlink and make lotsa money," line. My traffic increases the same day I start linking hard. Just my experience. So I have started linking again with results slowly showing up.

4. profile image0

I know Keith. I just want to try to play in a different ballgame for a while. So I'm trying for a very competitive word, worth at least $5 to $10/click, that gets searched a lot. I figure we'll all do it a bit differently and see how it goes.

5. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Good luck everybody! There are so many hubbers taking the challenge already that it would be impractical to wish good luck to every one in person - but this does not mean I don't. I wish you all make it, the sooner the better! smile

1. Jule Romans profile image96
      Jule Romansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you could just wish ME good luck.  hehe.

6. GarfieldGates profile image78
    GarfieldGatesposted 13 years ago

Alright...Ya got me Nelle.

Count me in too.

7. Ign Andy profile image57
    Ign Andyposted 13 years ago

This will be a long journey. I'm a newbie, I hope I learn a lot from this. Count me in.
    My first milestone will be in Dec 2010.

8. profile image0

Welcome Andy, Garfield and everyone else.

I just finished my $100 Hub and have provided two backlinks from two of my websites. I'll report back at the first sign of google traffic.

How about the rest of you? Did you write a new hub or pick an existing one. Remember unlike the other challenges, I do think discretion is important, so I wouldn't recommend sharing keywords, hub names or anything that would identify it to others.

Thanks for the encouragement Misha! Let us know how your journey to $200/day is going!

1. englightenedsoul profile image58
      englightenedsoulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's really great Nelle.  I might publish my $100 a day hub tomorrow may be under different identity to keep it anonymous.  And I will follow your approach and keep reporting my organic traffic here.

Let's see if anyone can achieve this feat before Misha achieves $200 a day. That is my deadline, might be a very short one though;)

2. Ign Andy profile image57
      Ign Andyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Nelle, I plan to write a few related hubs.
      Just finished the keywords research and start writing.

9. gracenotes profile image89
    gracenotesposted 13 years ago

I haven't found the ticket, but I'll keep working on a set of keywords that would be worthy of such an exercise.

I may be one of the few people who doesn't mind backlinking.  It's sort of mindless, but I think you have to be in the right mood to sit down and do it.

I believe that the hot summer months are a good time to do lots of backlinking.  My brain doesn't work as well when it's stifling hot in Texas.  I think my creativity takes a nosedive right about then.

10. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 13 years ago

Wow this is great, with so many hubbers participating it will be a fun experience, I will be looking forward to finding out what tips and techniques are discovered.

11. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

In the event that anyone is fairly fresh to this or isn't but is unsure about how to go about it in order to enhance the possibility of earning the magic $100 per hub you:

1. Research for a keyword/keyphrase - thoroughly. Check the competition, analyse it's potential for future earnings: don't just take a stab in the dark!
    2. Write it - making sure you've optimized your hub on-page SEO wise.
    3. Backlink. Backlink. Backlink.

Alternatively if you've already written a hub that has potential, use/promote that one instead - just head for #3 if everything else about the hub is great already big_smile

And so that the above is better explained, Misha's hubs:

Misha's: Backlink Tool On A Budget and Google Keyword Tool Redefined.

12. TerryGl profile image57
    TerryGlposted 13 years ago

You can count me in too. I have commented in the past about my dismal earnings on Hubpages and I am so now inspired to change all that so I want to become a part of this.

I have chosen the topic I want to hub on. Of course it is - woman's stuff - as I can see thousands of keywords I can go for. I do not mind telling you, (besides, all you have to do is look at my profile for latest hubs and you will see what I am up to), so it is no secret.

I chose this criteria as a personal challenge. It is my crash or burn approach. I will target huge search engine competition, reasonable cpc and huge visitor numbers from the adwords traffic tool. I will use the keyword tool to find the highest cpc with the most traffic and will write on that keyword.

I will make this a break it or bust it approach. I will rely on the power of Hubpages to get high search engine rankings and deep link each new hub on woman's stuff.

I am sure, no I am positive, if I write enough hubs, then surely I will hit that one, that one gem that will make me succeed in Misha's challenge.

1. TerryGl profile image57
      TerryGlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought I might start things off my saying what I plan to do for my hubpages and trying to get traffic to each one. Maybe others could share their techniques.

I will take my hubpage url's one by one and submit them to one social bookmark a day. That is I will submit one page to Fave It on day 1 and then my other hubpage to Dropjack on day 1 etc..

I will rotate the social bookmark sites each day so I do not leave any footprints and can keep on top of changing the descriptions and times in a day I have bookmarked.

That to me seems totally natural human behaviour. I will also bookmark other pages so there is no pattern of the author name in my hubs. Say, I submit one of my hubpages and bookmark 2 to 3 other urls not related.

I think that might help for link building and maybe some visitors.

I just want to add I will upload my own photos to flickr and see if I can get Google image search traffic as well.

13. KeithTax profile image73
    KeithTaxposted 13 years ago

I got serious over the weekend and set 18 backlinks from PR5 and higher blogs, newspapers, and other websites. I focused on 5 hubs, a blog, and one of my websites. Too many to really work well for the time I have available.

Results: My traffic yesterday (Sunday) was the highest Sunday volume I've ever had.

Comments on high PR blogs and newspapers made the difference I think. Google volume is also up over the weekend, a very unusual event for the kind of hubs I write.

Note: I did not write a new hub for this challenge. I want to promote the heck out a few good hubs already written and cash in on them. I'll write more later, but links will become my new passion for a while.

Good luck everyone.

14. skyfire profile image77
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

I agree with terry on this one.

In short, i'm in.

15. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 13 years ago

OK, I'll give this a go, but under a different user name.

Just a suggestion to everyone trying to do this.

You could have squillions of visitors, but get very few clicks.

When you are choosing something to write about, try to find a topic where your visitor is really motivated to find out more about a topic, and preferably is willing to spend some money doing so.

For example, a hub on ways to stop a toothache, (with tempting adsense links that lead to further information) would certainly get more clicks than a hub about how to paint a shed orange.

And re the hub that started this challenge:
    Did everyone note that Misha used the advice provided in his hub himself?
    And that the hub included links to some software?
    On which he is paid a commission if someone buys it?
    He's not just relying on adsense earnings there.

Misha isn't as silly as he looks! (He couldn't be! lol)
    He's given everyone a great plan to follow.

cheers,
    Eric G.

1. frogdropping profile image78
      frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol Eric he certainly isn't and at least he doesn't hide his affiliations. If anyone doesn't notice them then they need to step back and learn a little more about online marketing tongue

16. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I'm in too! I might even start getting $1 a day on the targetted hub. This is so bad! I've got all those hubs and I keep churning out more and NONE of them are taking off. Not really. I sent one around multiple places on the internet and it immediately gained 4 backlinks. Now they are gone again sad
    Overall traffic nosedived from the 500-600 that I had for a month down to 200-300 over the past week and no clicks, or maybe one or two low paying clicks.
    I can't seem to find popular topics. I don't know what they are. I don't know what people are searching for.

1. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Try typing interesting stuff in the Google search browser, it will come up with top ten searches for whatever you type and just write what interests you more....I do this daily and some of them are really taking off!!!!

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for that waynet! I'll maybe try that, but first before I write anything else, I think I will revisit my earliest hubs, the ones that are getting a little traffic, and see if I can't tweak them with all the things I've learned since they were written.

17. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I think the best subjects to pick for high ad clicks are products. Who buys the ads that show? Stores that sell products.

So if you write a hub about the top 5 digital cameras, your going to get ads showing those cameras. Someone who came to your hub will be,,,, looking for those cameras, so that are likely to click those ads.

Whereas just writing about "how to" stuff might show unrelated ads, or ads that will not be clicked much. Same with just general subject matter, the ads will not be that specific. smile

18. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Listen to Eric folks, he is giving a very valuable advice. Both about buying through my affiliate links and what hub topic should look like. Let alone my looks lol

Andria, thanks for the links smile

Bill, no, products never worked for me on adsense. smile

Keith, how did you figure out my CTR? Did I fail to conceal it somewhere? yikes

1. KeithTax profile image73

Misha, if you look close you can see your CTR in the images you provided.

1. Bill Manning profile image68
        Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Reminds me of the time I posted a picture on a forum of my new computer desk layout,,,,,, complete with a paper I taped on my wall of all my passwords!!!!  lol

2. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL Thanks Keith, I'll fix it shortly smile

19. profile image0

Okay I really just let the hub sit there for a few days after adding 2 backlins. Only 2 visitors from Google - time to start adding  more backlinks.

1. Spacey Gracey profile image40
      Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Even just hearing that you start out with 2 visitors helps inspire me. If you had said, published hub, got 500 visits in 24 hours, I would have been crushed - a little bit pleased for you - but mostly crushed smile.

20. profile image0
    Good Intentionsposted 13 years ago

It sounds like something very exciting is happening here.  Wish everyone luck

21. Boomer60 profile image60
    Boomer60posted 13 years ago

I would really like to join this challenge. I may still be fairly new and definitely not even earning $100 a month yet, but I know this is going to be a bit of a journey and not a sprint done in thirty days. I will be getting my hub up by the end of this weekend after I do a little more keyword research. This will definitely be a learning experience. Sounds like there are a lot of experienced hubbers here to learn from. I am excited!

22. englightenedsoul profile image58
    englightenedsoulposted 13 years ago

Susana I totally agree with you.  I just researched a few topics and I have found some keywords which have high search volume and low competition.  I mean when I checked the PR of the first 20 sites the highest PR was 4.  And many of the sites, don't have that keyword in their title.  So I think with effective promotion I can land on the first page.  I would publish that hub today under different account.  Let's see how it goes.

But I would really like to thanks Misha and also Nelle, if it weren't for these people I would have never done so much of detailed keyword research.  Previously my brain was wired to think that too much search volume is too much competition but I was so wrong!!

Best of luck everyone!!!

23. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

Me too, Ive one main hub that I am working on that I will use for this, but not until next week.

24. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Susana and Enlightened, looks like you are on the right track! Happy for you, guys! smile

1. Susana S profile image94
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well thank you Misha - for encouraging us to raise the bar smile

2. englightenedsoul profile image58
      englightenedsoulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much Misha for the encouragement.  I just hope that I be half as successful as you with my $100 hub.

25. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

What an absolutely brilliant idea for a long term goal for writing on Hubpages.

I have just finished a Hub a couple of days ago on a short term goal I had in mind for a couple of weeks. Didn't hit the goal, but didn't expect to either smile

Have been toying with a long term goal for a while and came across this thread.

One Hub to make $100 a day (One Hub To Rule Them All??? sorry could not help myself their)

To come out of income from Adsense, Amazon, Kontera, Affiliate Links, and other forms of income generation.

No time limit

Choose to report back with hints, tips, tricks and your progress and only if one wishes, without giving away the exact profile and/or Hub.

Hmmm, may even set up a new small Blogger Blog, just for record keeping progress reports.

Awesome idea Nelle,

Count me IN!

If for nothing else, I believe there will be some remarkable events occur for alot of Hubbers along the journey and many will be richer for it (no pun intended)

26. profile image0
    Hovalisposted 13 years ago

*takes a deep breath and dives in the deep end*

I've got to admit this is a challenge, as I intend to focus on Adsense, and I haven't had any real success with it so far. I know the theory, but putting that into action is really difficult.

I've written my article. The keywords get about 1600 searches a month, there's about 50,000 sites currently in competition with this keyword. The secondary keywords associated with this have much more competition and corresponding traffic (15000 a month for one of the terms), and the ads pay more. The highest ad costs $17 to buy for the primary keywords, which is pretty high paying. Micro Niche Finder tells me that I'll need roughly 32 backlinks to have a chance at the front page of Google.

I've submitted to one site, and have just joined up at Imautomator with a free account, which gives me 15 more backlinks over a 45 day period. This phrase doesn't have enough searches, I know, but I want to see if I can at least iron some of the bugs out of the way adsense articles are written and backlinked first. I hope I can get some trickle down traffic from the secondary keywords to help it along.

I think in the meantime I'll have to go back and tweak the article a bit.

How's everyone else going?

1. TerryGl profile image57
      TerryGlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hovalis, this is a great find.

Thanks for sharing..

1. profile image0
        Hovalisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It'll be a good test to see how effective it is, at the very least! If it is I may even pay for the upgraded service. But I need to test these things out first, and since they give the option, that's what I'm doing. :-)

27. Boomer60 profile image60
    Boomer60posted 13 years ago

Busy writing articles to get backlinks to my hub. I am also trying to figure out how to use BMD. It looks complicated. Hopefully I can figure this out.

28. Mutiny92 profile image66
    Mutiny92posted 13 years ago

So many forum comments and backlinks are "no follow". I see in other discussions where these won't help you. Other sites say that no-follows help a lot. Your thoughts?

1. Bill Manning profile image68
      Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All links help, unless you have a link from a site Google considers bad. There has been talk that Google is not looking at the "no follow" part anymore, so they are equal to a do follow link.

Regardless if they are or not, those links do help. So if you can get them, use them, why not?

29. Arthur Fontes profile image73
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago

I have studied Misha's hubs, which are excellent and I highly recommend them.

I have done keyword research and have a nice selection of keywords.  Fitting the keywords into my writing and making it seem natural is causing me a little frustration.

I am still learning though, this would be my first hub that I have written with income in mind.  Everything else is just self expression.

I figure I might as well learn to do both.

30. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74

OK, its been ten days since Nelle's OP for this post, is everyone on track for their plans?
    Picked a hub?
    Starting a new one?
    Starting a new account for that new hub ?
    Looking for keywords?
    etc etc

Since Ive come in after few days of the post and joined in, I have also for the first time, set up a blog, to write and keep track of this 'adventure'. Their will not be any give-aways on the hub as to; what hub it is, what account and so forth.

But I like the feel that I can come back to it, in a few months time and see how far (or not) I have progressed.

Any one else tracking similar like this or using something else?

31. Susana S profile image94
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

I've done my keyword research; picked the one I think I will have most chance with after looking at the competition; set up my new account and have started writing - but it's not published yet.

It will be interesting to see how it goes, as the actual keyphrase lends itself more to amazon than adsense. The only tracking I'm doing is keeping an eye on traffic and income!

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ahhh yes,

Spending alot of time I am on keywords, long tailed, searchs, SERPS, SEO the whole shebang. Currently have many gaps in my knowledge so will most likely spend alot of time reading hubs and asking hubbers questions to brush up my education.

I am running a spreadsheet to keep track of that future hub, keywords used, traffic in, where the traffic is coming from etc, its organic, so I will add details to monitor whats going on with it (the hub) over time.

I'm not sure long tail is the way to go with this challenge (unless you can find one with very high search volume). I think 2 or 3 word phrases are what you need to look for. The one I've picked is a 3 word phrase with 450,000 searches per month and just over a dollar potential click value.

Even if I get to number 1 on the search results, it's going to be a scrape to get $100 per day (unless I can work out how on earth Misha gets a click through rate of 22%!!)

Very interesting comment you have there Susana.

I have one hub, although its not the hub challenge one, that has almost no hits for the main keywords, yet is on the 1st page for every other long tail keyword I have, which is 12 long tailed keywords and 12, 1st page results.

But as I am now delving into the complexities of SERPS, SEO, keywords etc for the challenge, I will definitely keep it in mind.

That's really good! 12 high long tail rankings for one hub can add up to quite a bit of traffic if they are well searched for terms. I've got one like that too, though fortunately it also ranks well for the main keyphrase. But even with about 22,000 visits a month it still doesn't make anywhere near a hundred dollars a day, not even that a month. That's one reason why I've gone for something with a much higher volume.

Yup,

It surprised me actually, all those long tails being picked up, as the main keywords have tough tough competition.

With yours Susana, with 22k visits a month......hmmmm, thought it would be a good earning hub for ya...... very , very interesting.

It's my most reliable adsense hub and usually earns around $40 a month, but the CPC is very low and so is the click through. It's not one where people want more info!

32. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

I'm in...I just haven't grasped the long-tailed keyword thingy yet.  Off to find keywords.

Jane, some great details here on Wiki about the definition on long tail keywords. Hope it helps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyword_research#Long_Tail

33. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

For me to get hit by a lighting would be much more realistic. I am out!

34. ThoughtfulSpot profile image70
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 13 years ago

Alright, Unofficial $100 Hub cheeleader here!

Go! Hubbers! Go!

Barely hangin' on with classwork at the moment, but I couldn't resist popping in to see how you all were doing.  Just skimming the thread I've already learned a lot.  Can't wait until I get a chance to jump in!

35. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 13 years ago

Well I've made a start, not yet published though. Been very busy so as yet not had a lot of time. However, if by some small miracle I can pull it off, I will be sure to let you all know and say a special thanks. Good luck everyone. smile

36. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Well I've done mine. Not got any real strategy other than what Misha does - backlink all to Christmas and back. Made a start with writing articles for directories and other writing platforms and will then start hunting for potential sites to link back from.

Writing was, I suspect, the easy part smile

37. livewithrichard profile image73
    livewithrichardposted 13 years ago

I haven't been very active lately here on HP because of a big move to the suburbs and a huge increase business from my day job but this challenge sounds like something I'd be interested in.  I've had $100 days but never from just one hub.

Just finished my keyword research and found a fairly low competition highly searched longtail and claimed the HP title. I'll work on the article over the next day or two and publish it under this (my only) screen name.

Good luck to everyone else taking the challenge.

38. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that right now there is a terrific keyword research tool available, that will be pulled off the market on Saturday I believe. It automates search assist. I am having a lot of fun playing with it and getting literally hundreds of fresh ideas. Check out my latest hub on this if you are interested. Sorry I could not post earlier because of a forum ban...

Good luck to everybody smile

Banned Misha???? What naughty thing did you do???

2. KeithTax profile image73

Somebody was feeling his oats.

39. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

You had a forum ban? What on earth for?

40. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

LOL I don't really want to discuss it on this thread, cause it might get quite heated and I don't want the admins to shut this thread down smile

Oh well - if it was over in some of those other threads - that's like outta space for me lol lol - I've never been there and probably won't bother going there!!!!

1. Misha profile image62

For many people it is exactly the right thing to do smile

Well, glad you were not banned Misha, otherwise it may have been hard to ask questions and then get no responses!!!!

1. Misha profile image62

LOL I was, and some people did not get the answers they waited for, and I had to use email to let them know I am not ignoring them smile

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/21847?p … ost1070703

Thanks again Misha, didn't know that post existed. Now I have a better idea of some of the rules that make forums run (or at least the one here).

Three day time out box is a good idea. But permanent bans are never fun.

41. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

I've been looking for the Misha challenge forum, can't find it.

Interested to join. Where is it ?

Viryabo - it originated in the following forum posted by Misha - http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/45556.

Then Nelle Hoxie responded with the challenge. 
      You can see her response in the first message of this post - Take the Misha Challenge.

Hope that helps.

1. Misha profile image62

Travel, I am sorry, your link does not work. For some reason it hyperlinks any punctuation if you add it, so you need to put a space between the url and dot for your link to work, like here: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/45556 . smile

Thanks Misha.  Just trying to help.  I'm glad you picked that up and corrected it.  I've made a mental note to try harder lol

2. viryabo profile image95
        viryaboposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you travelespresso smile. I'm really interested in this.

42. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 13 years ago

well, I'll jump too.

I need to do a better job backlinking, so that's what I'm going to focus on.

big_smile

43. Dale Nelson profile image39
    Dale Nelsonposted 13 years ago

Hi All,

I missed Nelle's post by about 10 days but if its not to late Id love to join in.
    What a fantastic idea Misha and Nelle.Im going to try and do a 30 hubs worth of effort on the one hub and see what happens. Ive seen some great advice so far that really helps us undergrads to go back and tweak older hubs when we pick up new helpful hints.Thanks for sahring guys and gals
    Good luck everyone

44. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 13 years ago

Is this a good place to ask a question like this:

I've been getting views from ask.com and I can't figure out how. Or why.

Should I get more involved with this site?

1. Misha profile image62

Ask.com is mostly a search engine, like google or yahoo. If you are getting views from there, it means your hub is ranked for some keywords smile

1. wyanjen profile image70
        wyanjenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

Last fall when I was stumbling around, I used a site that was real similar to ask.com
        Can't for the life of me remember what it was though....
        I'd answer a question and then put a link to a hub.

It drives me crazy when I can't remember something! lol

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image70
          ThoughtfulSpotposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wyanjen - I occassionally answer questions on Yahoo Answers.  I've gotten a few clicks that way... and since I'm pretty low volume, its alright by me.  I'm careful about it though, and only use it if the hub I've written truly answers the persons question.

45. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 13 years ago

I'd like to focus on earning $100 a day period, and then maybe focus on one hub earning $100. Some days I get close (sort of), but I'd like the get there and maintain it first.

I have several small series I hope to work on after getting my que of 34 completed. I can't wait to get started. I did some searching on some of the topics, and just did extended series on some existing hubs that do pretty good with ebay sales.

Good luck to all who attempt this feat. Definitely let us know how you do.

46. profile image0

So far, I'm not doing so great. Low traffic volume, low sales. But I shall keep on trying.

47. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Come on Nelle, it's been less than two weeks!

48. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74

Ok a question for all you folk who are 'IN' for the long haul for this challenge.

I have a blog Ive set up on Blogger, this blog is just for the purpose of this challenge, and I will be posting my events, thoughts, findings, results, bad days, etc, etc, as this challenge goes on.

I wanted to ask if anyone is happy to provide their name (HubPages Name) and I will set up a module on the blog on the front page, that lists those involved in the challenge.

Example (this is ***not*** on the blog currently)

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll315/ninjasnake99/BloggerNameExample.jpg

Neat!
      smile

thanks for the extra motivation...
      Some of us may need it lol

wyanjen, your names not actually on the blog yet, but would you like to be listed?

Sure.

I'm already nervous!

lol don't be nervous, happy to add your name.

49. englightenedsoul profile image58
    englightenedsoulposted 13 years ago

I am happy to give my name Kangaroo_Jase.  And you have set up a nice blog!!

Thankyou,

I shall add your name to the 'Honour Roll'

50. Susana S profile image94
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

I would like a listing please smile

Thankyou,

I have also add your name to the 'Honour Roll'

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)