It is better to do a real world business for earning

Jump to Last Post 1-48 of 48 discussions (75 posts)
  1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image61
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

Yes, I have joined hubpages out of curiosity and found that no one is earning here.I suggest every body to go for a real business to earn something.Here u work hard for nothing or few cents.
    If u wish to start a real business I can help u as I am in a real one.

1. SunSeven profile image62
      SunSevenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Got any proof for that?

1. weblog profile image57
        weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ditto smile

Come on Jyoti wink

2. Trsmd profile image58
        Trsmdposted 15 years agoin reply to this

But I found my earning is coming down after 3 months of successive climb..

1. dingdong profile image57
          dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Jyoti and Trsmd -

Hubpages is not for quick money making and I believe they don't promise anything like that smile

2. Rik Ravado profile image86
      Rik Ravadoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This isn't a very inspiring pitch for your business skills.  You are in a real what exactly?  Anyway people here do earn money but more importantly we enjoy writing and being a community.  HubPages isn't intended to be a 'get rich quick' scheme.

3. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Bye!

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

+1 big_smile

4. profile image0
      shinujohn2008posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Is this meant for promoting your business to all parts of the world using hubbers.

I don't want to Rise Up a Morning and see that all hubbers have started doing Jewelry Business.

5. starme77 profile image76
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

People are making $$$ here maybe its just that its not the business for you

6. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm pretty much paying my rent from what I earn here, so I have to say I disagree with you.  I think that what you write about and what market you are trying to reach has a lot to do with it.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that would be nice, relache.  I'm sure it took some time and hard work to get there.

2. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

Jyoti I don' tsee why particularly for you it has be an either/ or - you are in the jewellery business: why don't you write hubs about buying jewellery - how to buy jewellery in Jaipur market comes to mind - and yes I have been to that beautiful town. 
    You also don't need to be earning the sort of money that many of us do to live because India is a low cost country. 
    At one level you are right - I don't think you can make enough money to earn a full time income in Australia or the US from hubpages.  People definitly do it from online businesses though - of which hubpages can be a part - but isnt the whole answer

3. patnamohan profile image57
    patnamohanposted 15 years ago

Hi Jyoti!! My profession is related to your profession in real world.smile This is only suggestion, i can give you.....keep working with us in hub club...very soon you will realize the power of internet income...............In your bad days or old days when you will be not in position to work in real world ...your internet money will keep on producing good money........think logically for more then hours...you will find good reason to be with us in hub page......enjoy... big_smile

4. guidebaba profile image56
    guidebabaposted 15 years ago

Hi Jyoti. I can understand your frustration. It takes time+Creativity+Consistency to make money online. It needs to develop ideas that can attract more visitors and clicks (to adsense+e-bay+amazone+Kontera). Have a look at some of the Hubs of SunSeven, Mr. Mark Knowles, Maddie, patty etc. Their Hubs are a result of excellent RESEARCH. Many of their Hubs are on the first pages of search engines. I am sure they are making money. Even I am making money but not upto to my expectations (I was looking forward to having a New Car this year...But....Maybe Next Year). Most of my Online Income is coming from my Blog and Website. My share of Online Income from HP is around 10% but I still consider it to be good. Yes, I do have a Fixed Job and earn a Fixed Salary. Yes, just depending on this Online Business for living would not be a good idea. cool

5. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

I heard somewhere it takes about 2 years to be able to make a living writing on the internet, and that is being consistent at it. I've given myself a year, and I expect by that time to be able to have a nice supplemental income from writing, but I still expect to be working at other things too. For me this is residual income, a great place to be creative and do what I love- write- and I love the people here, they are great and I enjoy it.
    If I were only here for the money then it wouldn't work out. Hubpages is not a get rich quick scheme.

6. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image61

I have started this topic yesterday and found that people r very much interested in. These r my views in reply to fellow hubbers.

1. I joined the community not to earn but to enjoy and enhance my writting skill.
    2. I find it continually in the forum that people are not earning much.
    3. I am not at all frustrated because I do not even in need of this little money as I have a good  business spreaded all over India and now expanding globally.
    4.My articles are well researched and some of them are about jewellery. Some of my articles are in first page of google.
    5.My conclusive submission is : it is good to be in the hub pages for knowledge and creativity but not for money.

7. profile image49
    gallen2002posted 15 years ago

I am trying to make extra money and this sure isn't getting me much. I know that you don't make big amounts of money, but this is really terrible.

8. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 15 years ago

Gallen - Maybe your earnings are terrible because you haven't written anything yet!  You've been here 67 minutes and already you are complaining.  It's a bit like saying 2009 is a lousy year.  Write a hub, wait a week or so, then start complaining (but preferably not in the forums) smile

1. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I waited until I was here for 1 whole day before I was devastated that HubPages had not become a pipeline of continuous cashflow. I don't know, kids these days just want instant gratification.

9. Karen LaVelle profile image59
    Karen LaVelleposted 15 years ago

I didn't come to hubpages to make money.  I came because I read a hub that I accidently stumbled upon...by following a link from another place, etc. and so forth.   I know that I have had quite an education about writing and writers, affilliates, search engines, and places like utube and squido and faceplates that I never heard of before.  The idea that I could make money doing something I really love doing is just getting a hold in my mind.  NOW, all I want to do is figure out how it all works so that I can look forward to making even a few cents to begin. 

My understanding is:  Do something you love doing and eventually you may make some money...if money doesn't follow...so what, you did something satisfying for yourself when all is said and done!

=o)

10. BradyBones profile image83
    BradyBonesposted 15 years ago

There are certain topics that sell and others that don't. So far I have written two hubs. One is <snipped link> Want to Become a Blogger? and the other <snipped link> How to Give Writing Feedback. These are not big money making topics because they are not specifically geared toward markets that will cause people to click on high paying links.
    I enjoyed writing them, though, so for now that's enough for me.
    If you want to make money using HubPages you should do your research. Post about new consumer devices that are popular at the time of release. Do comparison reviews on similar technologies that are hot ticket items. These are just a few things that may increase your revenue by promoting clicks on your ads.

I know I'm fairly new to HubPages, but the concepts for making money online are relatively the same across several venues. I definitely wish you the best of luck with both your jewelry business and your online presence.

11. Marian Swift profile image61
    Marian Swiftposted 15 years ago

You mean you gotta write something before you can rake in the big bucks?

Shucksy-poo ...

roll

12. gjcody profile image67
    gjcodyposted 15 years ago

I am not sure about the money thing at this point, but I do like the ranking.  It is our business to make the conversion happen.  We all would like to get better at it.  I think that is the fun of this ..for all of us hunters (just kidding about the hunter thing) who are looking for a better way.  I think it is all about the hunt!!  You know when you are on target and you finally figure it out ...although  no one will tell you all the tricks ..unless someone wants to be the "big guy" and step up to the plate.  We are all ears. :-)

13. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 15 years ago

Let me just share something then...
    In May of 2007 I was a stay at home, homeschooling mom...umm..well ..I still am..but the point is that I had not been in the workforce since I got out of the military during the Reagan Administration. Not at all. We have been totally one income.

I began to write for a network blog, and pretty soon another one..I was making about 100.00 USD a month and I was thrilled because it meant Christmas shopping, LUSH bath stuff, and other things one income families can't generally afford.
    In July my husband became disabled because of some long term things left over from his years in the Marine Corps.  He went from leg pressing 500 lbs in the gym to being in a wheel chair on so much pain medication he is not always completely lucid.  He lost his job.  We are still battling to get his disability.
    All of a sudden I had to not only take care of the kids and homeschool but I also had to make money...somehow.  I started writing here in August, and I began to take every free lance job I could get my hands on.

To say that no one makes money here is unfair.  I am not getting wealthy but the combination of my writing jobs supports the 6 kids we have at home, my husband, and myself. Google has been very good to me over this past year, as has Amazon and to a lesser extent eBay..although with the new program it is catching up.

Some days I type for 16 to 18 hours, taking only enough time to maybe milk the goats or fix a quick dinner.  Some days I type with my five year old on my lap and read her stories between paragraphs.  I work hard but in one year I have gone from 100.00 a month to about 20 times that give or take.

Sometimes when we spend less time striving for more and more time just doing the best we can it works much better for us.

Sorry to have rambled.  Just sign me..

someone without a real job.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Who the hell wants a real job? lol

1. wandererh profile image70
        wandererhposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I second that.  smile

2. wandererh profile image70

Like you, I don't have a real job and I'm on the Internet fulltime looking to earn some good income.  I do see great potential on the net but it does take time.

I have been with HubPages for less than a month and I like it here.  This site allows me to research and write about what I like without worrying too much about it not being relevant.

But, coming back to the subject matter of this thread, I think that if you need good money fast (as in next month), the Internet is not the place to be.  Go get a real job.

But if you can wait a little, and willing to work hard and smart, the Internet can pay you much more than a real job ever could.

An analogy could be that a real job pays you $100 per day as soon as you land the job, but a business on the net pays you a mere 1 cent a day, but increases by 1% every day.

It will take some time before the net business pays you as much as the real job, but in the long term, you will earn a lot more from the net business.

Just my two cents.  smile

3. Chrissay profile image58
      Chrissayposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I'm brand new and I have not even read the welcoming email yet.  But good heavens, Marye Audet, I have been inspired just reading your post here.  My most sincere wishes for your continued success.

14. Janet21 profile image79
    Janet21posted 15 years ago

Wow, Marye, what a compelling story!    You are such a strong person and have done what you need to do to take care of your family.   You are an inspiration.  Thank you for sharing.  smile

15. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 15 years ago

thank you..

but it isn't anything that anyone else can't do... like anything else, hard work pays off. smile

16. 2patricias profile image62
    2patriciasposted 15 years ago

So glad that you have emphasised the hard work that is required to earn real money!  That is also true in the real world.  (sadly).
    There will always be a lucky few.  There will also be a dishonest few.
    At least when you earn money through hard work you can go to bed at night with a clear conscience.

17. TravelAMP profile image61
    TravelAMPposted 15 years ago

Although I don't earn money online or from HubPages, I suppose you've got to work hard and make commitment to it like a real job anyway. So bottom line if you enjoy writing and writing, HubPages is for you and the money comes second.

18. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image61

dear all,
    I am overwhelmed with responses from fellow hubbers. I admit that some (Only a few) hubbers earn money here but most of them not. it is much easier in real business to earn.
    One of fellow hubbers suggest me to write on gem and jewellery and jaipur, I have already written many.
    Hubpages is a good place for knowledge exchange and for them who love writting, but for sure it is not a good place to earn money.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
      Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think it's just absolute statements like this that got you into trouble.  It's not that HubPages isn't a good place to earn money, it's just that some people do and some people don't, and to different degrees.

2. wandererh profile image70

I don't think it's fair for you to say that it's much easier to earn in a real business.  For every example in which it is easier to earn, there is another example in which it isn't.  You have to look at it on a case by case basis and determine the merits of each.

Perhaps you are approaching Hubpages as an online business, which I think it is not.  If you want to make money online, Hubpages should only be one of your marketing strategies and not THE marketing strategies.

At least, that's my opinion.  smile

1. broalexdotinfo profile image57
        broalexdotinfoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Marketing what?  smile

1. broalexdotinfo profile image57
          broalexdotinfoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Marketing what?  smile

Uhh .. I hate Opera it messes the smileys.

1. wandererh profile image70

I wasn't referring to marketing anything in particular.

19. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image61

You may be right.

20. Rudra profile image66
    Rudraposted 15 years ago

This was never a get rich scheme. Its a slow process.

21. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 15 years ago

Working a real world business as you call it takes just as much effort as an online business, it's just that with an online business many feel that since you are writing and working online most times from home, you should be comfortable enough to bring in lots of cash from doing so, but there are lots of factors that need to be thought out first.

I know what hub pages means to me when I write a hub page here and it is further promotion of either me as a writer/reviewer and what my own opinions count for just like everyone else here!

22. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

(((((Hugs)))) to Mary!  You're a great writer and sounds like you're a wonderful woman as well.

I'm one of those people who can definitely make more money in the real world than on the internet, because I work in a relatively high-paying job.  I would have to work ridiculous hours to make the same kind of income online. 

However, I'm lucky in that I actually quite like my work, and am able to find employment.   

For people who hate their "real life" job, or are stuck at home for one reason or another, or who are unemployed, working online is better than nothing.  And if you're good at it and are willing to work hard, it can eventually be quite lucrative.  But nothing happens for nothing - most of the people I know who have had success, have taken at least two years of hard slog to get there.

23. broalexdotinfo profile image57
    broalexdotinfoposted 15 years ago

I am amazed how some people care for the others. How would this guy know there`s nobody earning here. lol If Hubpages gets millions of monthly unique visitors that is well over 60K $ from adsense alone. Publishers get a 60% cut of these 60K $. Now things are more clear.lol

24. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image61

A total of $60k!! That means hub writers altogether earning a mere $36K. There are thousands of hub writers spending many hours in writing hubs as well as promoting them.
    You yourself has told the story how much one is earning from the hub pages.
    Still, it is a good place for knowledge exchange and to practice writing. One can take it as his hobby.
    A hobby which pays you something, may be a little!!

25. profile image54
    Aradhana08posted 15 years ago

We are not on hub pages for earning money. We are here for sharing our thoughts, gettin some good points from others point of view, way of thinking & writing.
    Definitely its true that money is important for life but there are some other things that are more important than monkey & these are knowledge, experience & true freinds.

1. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Nothings more important than the monkey lol!

26. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image61

It is true that money is important for some one and other things for some others. My submission is that hubpages are good for knowledge exchange and entertainment but not for money.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Just because you are unable to fathom the way to make money from hubpages, does not mean that other people cannot either. I make good pocket money from hubpages and I know several others who do also.

It is not making me rich, but it is a passive income that I expect to continue for a long time.

2. Reealjrd profile image60
      Reealjrdposted 15 years agoin reply to this

But i dont think so jyoti it is true.

27. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image61

Mark,
    Please do not attack personally. I have never spelled a word of what I am earning here and I have repeatedly written that I am earning a pretty good amount in my real business.
    I am talking of statistics.
    You are a very senior and top hubber, instead you can only manage your pocket money. You yourself admits that it is not making you rich. If it is with you what with the other juniors?
    I am firm in my opinion that it is a good place for knowledge exchange as highly knowledgeable people lik you are also here.
    It is good for fun and entertainment. It is good to enjoy writting as a hobby but not very good for earning money so far.

28. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

It just takes time and a little work. Earning money online and with a "real" business are both hard work, but it takes different people to be successful with either.

You can't say that no one is earning because you have not been successful. Maybe try writing something different. Write evergreen. Write in a way where you're not soliciting "give me money." I'm not saying that you are, I'm just saying in general if you write with the "I'm here to make money" attitude, you probably won't get anywhere unless you work HARD.

I just write to have fun and inform, and I really don't market my hubs. I'm sure if I spent the extra time to do so, I'd me making even more. But personally, that's just too much work for me, and I'm doing ok without it.

I came here to make money, but then pretty much just started having fun. I make enough to pay the bills (which I will admit are few) and put some away each money. I'm pretty happy with my earnings. Like Mark said, "It is not making me rich, but it is a passive income that I expect to continue for a long time."

And, I really didn't see how Mark was attacking you.. Sorry...

Statistically speaking, you really can't say that making money on the internet is crock, so to speak. You can make enough on the internet to support yourself, just like you can with a "real" business. It just takes more work than you may be willing to put forth.

I don't think anyone here is here to get rich, but to just make money.  Making money and getting rich are two different things.

29. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image61

I can not understand why you people are talking  of " if you can not make"  type . I have never told about my earnings in the hubpages.
    statistics in this thread itself describes how much average income one is getting.
    If you go personal, there is no approach of saling my hubs. I am not a traffic monger but want to spread knowledge through exchange program.
    In fact, if  the knowledge used in life one can be more happy whether rich or not. At least I believe in this philosophy.
    I keep knowledge over money, again my personal opinion.
    You may or may not agree, your personal choice.

30. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

I never said that you aren't making money, just that you may not be successful, and successful being whatever you deem as successful. If you were being successful, in your own eyes, then I don't think that you would have posted this thread to begin with. That's just how I see it... :-/ Successful is really an opinion, and what I think is successful may not be what you think, and when I used it in my previous post, I was speaking in terms of whatever you think is successful. IE you may be making $500 a month from Google alone, and to me that'd be pretty successful, but that may not be successful for you.

31. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

JK - I do not see any statistics in this thread. I see you saying that hubpages is no good for earning money.

I would disagree with that because I do make money here. As well as getting the benefits of the other features hubpages offers. One of which is how to make money online.

I know you keep telling us how sucessful you are in your offline business and I say "congratulations."

But, offline businesses go broke all the time. I make a passive income from hubpages.

I have no stock, no inventory, no staff, no payroll worries, no bank loans, no shipping worries, no rent to pay. None of the encumbrances that come with running a business.

What do you call sucessful? I make about $500 a month pocket money and I have not written a hub in months. If I continue to make that for the next three years say - that is $18,000 in passive income. That is a minor success as far as I am concerned.

If you can and are making money here, you would not be saying you cannot. You are the one who has stated unequivocally that hubpages is no good for making money, therefore I have assumed that you are not making any money.

Feel free to correct me.

32. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

Mark,

Not everyone appreciates the value of passive income.

If you invest a month of effort and have earned $112.15 from Adsense, that may seem "unsuccessful" in comparison with the $10,000 you could have earned trading your time for money in a traditional business.

However, you will continue to earn $100 or more every month forever more, whether you work or not, if you have built your Adsense article pages well - and HubPages does build them well.

If you think you will live another 100 months (8 years), then you will be better off working for the $100 per month in Adsense revenue, because you will earn more in the long run.

And the next month, if you do the same work, you will double your passive income ...

Of course, if you want a quick hit of cash for an immediate "fix", nothing beats hours-for-dollars, either as a wage or a trading profit. Problem is, you have to keep showing up somewhere to do it if you want to keep earning money! Who wants to live like that ... ?

Jenny

1. dpsusanthan profile image60
      dpsusanthanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you as passive income has a long term advantages.Even when amount of passive income at a time is low ;yet, continuous and if it is reinvested you generate a compound earnings.
      the formula and some other details about investment for passive income is available in hubpagers.com/dpsusanthan

33. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

You'd be surprised - lots of people do yikes wink

34. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Jenny - I know smile A mix of the two is also possible. lol

Misha - Just because they do it - doesn't mean they want to smile

35. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Mark, I think I disagree here. Or I did not understand at all. big_smile

My wife is working 8 to 4 and happy with it, she does not want anything else, despite of me showing her THE WAY big_smile

And I know quite a lot of people who are like her. I myself been there a mere ten years ago. tongue

36. broalexdotinfo profile image57
    broalexdotinfoposted 15 years ago

Working from 9 - 5 will never make you rich, but it is sure the way to live well. And for those that fail, a regular job will be the last option. A friend of mine went bankrupt, in two years time with an real estate agency, lost quite a lot of money and just went back sailing.

37. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image61

Passive income means a lot. However small it is. A successful businessman always have a passive income. The real businessman do not work much instead he has the art of getting work by the others. That is why I get enough time to write hubpages and discuss in the forum.
    I really believe that hubpage gives us an opurtunity of having a passive income. We posses intellectual property right.
    There is a statistics in this thread how much google made from hub pages.
    I have started this thread because many fellow hubbers had a complain in various threads that they are not earning much.
    A mix of both is  good.
    thanks to all.

38. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 15 years ago

Working for passive income is what we all strive for or at least should if you are not!

I prefer the passive income, multiple income streams, recurring income of what the internet has to offer rather than a silly real offline business were the stress of employees working under you just take the piss, of course you think about the first ever job we all started out in, probably hated it! and this pretty much reflects our real working life for the rest of our lives....no wonder working from home seems a good alternative.

My first job was stacking shelves in a supermarket and I got fed up of people asking me where the jars and tins of stuff were, even though there was huge multi coloured signs hanging above their freakin heads!!!!

Roll on the internet revolution and evolution.

39. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image61

Not everybody hates his job many of them love it.

40. mhei profile image59
    mheiposted 15 years ago

i would be a hypocrite if i'll say that im NOT after the money.  who isn't? But if you love what you're doing, then that is better than earning big bucks but feel empty inside big_smile

41. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

When you say places like HubPages give you "passive income", it's very important to take into account the amount of effort needed to get there.

For instance, whenever I criticise Helium, supporters will howl me down because they are making "good passive income".  The most successful are making $1,000 a year from 1,000 articles - which took them at least 300 hours to write and about the same promoting, rating (a requirement of the Helium site) and leapfrogging. 

In Australia, if they'd worked those 600 hours in a real job, they'd have made at least $10,000.  So their articles will have to go on earning for at least 10 years to achieve the same result - and that's not taking into account the benefit of having the money to invest this year.  Who can tell if the Helium site will last that long, or if it will still be in the same format if it does?  Anyway, articles date. 

Personally, I'd rather work the 600 hours now, get the money and invest it.  But then I have a choice, because I really don't mind office work. 

I'm not denying there are ways to earn much better income than Helium on the internet - just that I see an awful lot of people understating the hours needed upfront to create that much-vaunted passive income.

42. patnamohan profile image57
    patnamohanposted 15 years ago

I like Hub page as a passive income!

43. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

Jyoti,
    It depends on what your objectives are. My partner and I just closed our business after 14 years. It was a very very stressful business and I could certainly think of alot better ways to make money, with less stress.
    I am looking at HubPages as residual income, and and an outlet for my love of writing. I expect someday to be making decent money writing, between this and other endeavors.
    I also plan to keep my foot in the business world, but never like it used to be. Too much stress.

44. guidebaba profile image56
    guidebabaposted 15 years ago

Just consider your Time here at HP as Investment for Differed Revenue....The Benefits of which will be derived in the long run. I consider HP as a Good Platform to make some descent money. With some Research and little Hardwork, one can also make a living here.

45. blogdigz profile image57
    blogdigzposted 15 years ago

I don't get your point, Jyoti. Anyway, are you back to post reply to this thread?

46. pertibha321 profile image41
    pertibha321posted 15 years ago

Thats can be called really a good conservation byethway i were missing indians here on hubpages,were not getting indian climate but specially on this poat i saw that indian girls are rocking hubpages best of luck friends.

47. Reealjrd profile image60
    Reealjrdposted 15 years ago

Hello Friends,

I have joined this forum few months back. I am interested in forex and sharemarket. Tellme some thing how can i make money through hubpages. I have also invested in forex market and doing well.I am from india.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well Reeal, the first thing you have to do is write some Hubs - you won't make any money just posting on the forums!   

Are you interested in writing?   To make money on HubPages, you need to write articles like the ones you would see in magazines - good quality, informative, about subjects people are interested in. 

You'll see lots of Hubs about celebrities and gorgeous girls, but in spite of their popularity, they don't make good money compared to the informational Hubs.

2. mhei profile image59
      mheiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

first of all,create a hub  lol

48. Cranoo profile image60
    Cranooposted 14 years ago

You think it's bad living in Australia or the US? Try live in Ireland, it's one of the most expensive countries in the world.

It's very hard here as a 22 year old trying to get your own place etc. everything costs alot but at the same time there's great wages and record breaking social welfare.

OP if you came here to earn money you're missing the point. HP is a place to have fun and earn a little at the same time.

Some people earn quite a bit here too.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)