Which Hubber you like most and why?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (52 posts)
  1. Lgali profile image58
    Lgaliposted 15 years ago

I like most is quicksand, he always productive comments on my all hubs

2. dingdong profile image56
    dingdongposted 15 years ago

Many to say, I'll start with Maddie Ruud. I like her profile description, hubs and huge number of fans. I also read somewhere in forum that she's got a hub which has the largest number of comments. How great!!! smile

3. Lgali profile image58
    Lgaliposted 15 years ago

thanks for the info

4. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

I am sorry to say this but I find this question to be impossible to answer, there are many hubbers I admire for many different reasons and hubpages has such a diverse group of authors that i couldn't single out any of them.....jimmy

5. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 15 years ago

I feel a bit like Jimmy.  My favourite Hubber changes over time, because many of the best Hubbers range across a variety of subjects, some of which interest me and some don't. 

A perennial favourite is Veronica.   And I always check out Lissie's Hubs about making money online - I love the way she cuts through all the bu((s#)t.  Eric Graudins has had some good ones along that line too.  And - oh but now the list is getting too long...

1. Jerrico Usher profile image55
      Jerrico Usherposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sweetie Pie is my favorite hubber... I like her attitude as well as her hubs

Marissa is an amazing hub writer, and has a brilliant mind in many areas (I like her interview hubs)

Jimmythejock has ALOT of good hubs, and many of them will crack you up.. great sense of humor

Shadesbreath's cat hub had me rolling!

Julie-ann amos - has some interresting stuff, even off the wall stuff that makes you double take

When I need a good video fix DJ Functual is the resource to "put the needle on the record" while I blog sometimes I use his hubs as a jukebox

Lissie is my resource for "making money online" and resource links... also a proficient writer with an entertaining style... and like Marissa said, she cuts to the point smile

SamurWriter is a good hubber with a great cause, he only has a few hubs but I hear he has another account with over 120 more smile

and many more...

Jerrico

1. SweetiePie profile image82
        SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Jerrico!  Your are also one of my favorite hubbers.  I like your enthusiasm smile.

6. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

I must also mention marisuewrites, constant walker, compu-smart, paraglider, sixtyorso, ripplemaker, and many of the other positive hubbers.

7. rockinjoe profile image88
    rockinjoeposted 15 years ago

I really enjoy hubs from most of you. I'm proud to be associated with a talented group of individuals. I like me, best, though. I'm definitely my favorite hubber.

8. countrywomen profile image60
    countrywomenposted 15 years ago

I like SweetiePie, Misty, MightyMOM, Christoph, Agvulpes, Shades, GwendyMOM, ripplemaker, sixtyorso, Paraglider, ConstantWalker, Misha, ShaliniKagal, FelineProphet, ajcor, Jewels, quicksand, livelonger and so many more I just can't list all of them.

1. SweetiePie profile image82
      SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.  You are a great hubber Countrywomen.  Insightful and respectful to many different views expressed here at HubPages.

9. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

I'm partial to hubbers with hawt chick avatars, which eliminate the need to read.  Somtimes I will read hubs with ideas and stuff, but those take time and have lots of words, so, I'm not going to glorify people who do that here and thus encourage that sort of thing.

1. sixtyorso profile image70
      sixtyorsoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ah ha my Pair of Kings trumps your pair of Queens! I see you are a fan of Agvulpes and myself and we both have avatars of eldery men!

1. agvulpes profile image85
        agvulpesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

yeah sixty shades only reads us for the "articles". wink

1. Rochelle Frank profile image92
          Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I must be attracted to elderly men.

Thank you (I think) Are you doing anything later?

1. sixtyorso profile image70
              sixtyorsoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Me or Rochelle?

Well Rochelle hasn't replied so, are you free? We could slip down and have an ale or three. cool

1. Lissie profile image75
                  Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Agvulpes I turn my back on you for a second and look at your behavour in the forums! I thought you and I had come to an ANZAC agreement - I am devastated :-(

OOps sprung, err sorry Lizzie, while you where off gallivanting around in the  /hub/Kununurra-Australia  I thought I would go through my 70 year itch. Did you mention ANZAC biscuits, love one thanks.

2. Eric Graudins profile image59
      Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

@Marisa:  Thanks for the mention in despaches.. big_smile

lol lol lol

@julie-Ann - You don't have to write a separate comment for every response.
      Stack them up - like I've done here.

10. trish1048 profile image66
    trish1048posted 15 years ago

I agree that there are so many to name, it would be impossible to list them all here.  Let me just say I love the hubs that make me laugh and ones that make me think.  What I greatly appreciate are the hubbers who always respond to their comments.  Nothing frustrates me more than when I come across a great hub, leave a comment, and get no acknowledgement in return.  But I also realize, everyone handles their hubs differently.  I find this a wonderful site to be a part of, because I can come here to write, to get comic relief if I need it, or, when I feel a need to think, I can always find many wonderful, thought-provoking hubs.  There is such a variety of talent here in so many areas, so, hats off to all you hubbers!  I like each and every one of you for many different reasons smile

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image62
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Trish thanks for this.  I hadn't thought of it that way - I tend NOT to respond to comments because I figure when i do it looks like I'm trying to build comments for the sake of it - so 6 comments turns into 12 with half by me!  I'd like to raise this in a separate topic if I may and ask what other people think

1. Sally's Trove profile image77
        Sally's Troveposted 15 years agoin reply to this

One of the outstanding qualities of HP is the interaction among authors.  Comments are enrichments.  I'm sure they add somehow to a Hub score, but I have no idea how.  Beyond that, they provide engagement among people.

@Trish...I share that feeling with you.  Some of my fav Hubbers never respond to my comments.  I like them just the same because they write great stuff.  However, I'd really like to engage with them through comments, because I know they would have important things to say, and I could learn from them.  So I leave comments, knowing they will not respond, but that's OK.  Someday maybe they will.  Or not.

@Julie-Ann Amos...Most on HP leave comments not because they want to up their score, but because they put time and effort into reading your words and want to tell you what they think.  True, some are spammers or are looking for a dollar advantage.  But I think most are not.  I can name scores of Hubbers that I've engaged with through comments who have become friends, have given me new ways to look at life (including flirtation, which is something I've never been good at), and have added to my culinary interests.  Please feel good about responding to the comments others leave for you.  Hubbers will love you when you respond.

11. dishyum profile image58
    dishyumposted 15 years ago

Hmmm it's really hard to mention a few while we like many here smile

12. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 15 years ago

I'm not here long enough to say, but I am saddened I've not been mentioned. I guess there aren't too many hopelessly romantic poetry fans here!

13. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

I like myself the most.

If you don't love yourself, who else will? big_smile

1. DJ Funktual profile image75
      DJ Funktualposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LOL

My favs are rockinjoe.  (1st friend on the hub)
      Mark, Steph, inspirepub, Maddie (not for their hubs mind you, but for who they are)

I FOUND SOMEONE NEW WHO'S COOL!

I WANT YOU GUYS TO CHECK OUT THIS GUY!
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Whats-That-Movie

HE'S OFFERING TO ANSWER ALL YOUR MOVIE QUESTIONS AND HE'S A REAL NICE GUY TO BOOT!   

get to know...Imadork.

1. rockinjoe profile image88
        rockinjoeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Dude, You know I don't play favorites, but yeah.....you're the man. If we weren't 1200 miles apart, we'd be in business together.

14. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

Haven't we answered something similiar to this on Gwendymom's article? I appreciate and repsect all as everyone and creative and unique in their own way. smile

1. countrywomen profile image60
      countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes we did and here is the link for those who may want to participate in that hub:

http://hubpages.com/hub/one-word

15. BDazzler profile image77
    BDazzlerposted 15 years ago

I like AEvans, Eddie Perkins, And MikeQ107 ... and OK ... deal with this everybody, I have to admit ... Mark Knowles

AEvans .. the love and respect she shows everybody.
    Eddie is flat out deserving of respect for the love he shows and his wisdom, his encouraing manners.
    MikeQ I just admire him .. his matter of fact non-religious unapplogetic faith in  and love for Jesus
    I think I like Mark the same way Lex Luther likes Superman <sniker>.  Seriously though what got my attetion was his "how to get on first page of google" hub that was great.

t.keeley gets honrable mention, he reminds me of MikeQ in a lot of ways. The raw honesty of his faith and willingness to toss out bad doctine when he finds it without throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Also, I am enjoying seeing MistyHorizon2003's quest for truth (for lack of a better term)

1. BDazzler profile image77
      BDazzlerposted 15 years agoin reply to this
      1. AEvans profile image70
        AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

BDazzler between you and Epic I am speechless , now my true colors are shining through, I had better change up big_smile just kidding thank you as well for the comment:)

16. EpicTreeHouse profile image61
    EpicTreeHouseposted 15 years ago

I think most people are morons.  With that said, Lissie and AEvans have impressed me.

That is so kind,  I feel special and were are your hubs! I thought we were competing:D

1. countrywomen profile image60
        countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It's so true one man's bread is another man's poison. AEvans feels special and the rest of us  "morons"...hehe

2. Eric Graudins profile image59
      Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I've always thought that Lissie and AEvans were pretty impressive morons too.  lol

Thank you for thinking we as well are impressive morons, my goodness what would we do without you big_smile

OOPS Last thought BIG HUGS!!!!!! big_smile

17. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

Why dont you all visit this forum post and vote for the hubpages awards......jimmy
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/9397

18. gwendymom profile image67
    gwendymomposted 15 years ago

Countrywomen, Thank you, I like you too!
    AEvans, Thanks for mentioning my hub.
    I have a lot of favorites, too many to list here. I think this is a great community and love being able to be a part of such a talented bunch of people.

19. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 15 years ago

Golly, what a hard question as there are so many on my list and I don't want to forget anyone. To give it a go my favourite hubbers are, Spryte, Shadesbreath, Christoph Reilly, Sixtyorso, Gwendymom, Lady Guinevere, Mightymom, Countrywomen, Trish, Jewels, Agvulpes, BT Evilpants, Ananta, Lazur, Misha, Ajcor, etc etc. I bet I have still missed someone important to me smile

20. trish1048 profile image66
    trish1048posted 15 years ago

Thanks for the mention Misty, ditto here!  smile

21. RGraf profile image88
    RGrafposted 15 years ago

I'm like so many out there saying that it is hard to choose who I like the most.  I guess you could say it is whoever I am a fan of since I want to keep abreast of what they are saying.  I don't just become a fan to be a fan and get more traffic.  I really like their pieces and want to know what the next one is.  I do admit that Eddie's get my attention as well as Misty's.  I love reading what everyone is saying and what they can bring to this "world".

22. Lgali profile image58
    Lgaliposted 15 years ago

lot of nice comments, thanks to all

23. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 15 years ago

I know I've posted this before (in another forum) but here's the greatest hubber. Join his fan club. He's lonely:

http://www.c-change.co.uk/jc.png

Paraglider, I will be honored to join however who is he? I will check out his hubs but saying he is JESUS is a little discerning to me. Is that you , or did you just come across him?smile

1. Paraglider profile image88
        Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely not me. I was searching for a hub I'd read and wanted to revisit, and this guy's profile came up in the search results.

2. dingdong profile image56
      dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Great Find PG lol

Isn't that interesting? Someone posing as Jesus? Beofre you know it someone will pose as an Allah, Atheist, etc. It is nuts  big_smile

24. Reg Brittain profile image59
    Reg Brittainposted 15 years ago

shailini

Her Adsense article on Xomba with a link to HubPages finally got me to be a hubber.  I now wish I had come when I first heard about the site in 2007.

also, Maddie Ruud

A shining example to those of us who want to make our living hubbing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)