Single, Married, Engaged, Separated..Are You Happy?!.

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (49 posts)
  1. dayzeebee profile image68
    dayzeebeeposted 15 years ago

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn219/dyzbee/hvalgreeting.gif

We're Celebrating Singlehood this Valentine's Day! We're dancing and  singing to the rhythm of single blessedness. LOL. Join us now and share with us the joy of being single or being married or engaged or separated or whatever during this day.

Here goes,,,,

the joy of being single on valentine's day is....spending the day doing exactly what I want, when I want, however I want and loving every minute of it!

your turn.......

1. ripplemaker profile image76
      ripplemakerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha  Loved the customized greeting photo lol  Happy Valentines Dayzeebee! 

I greeted Mom today and she asked me the dreaded question, "Do you have a date?"
      I said, "yes" emphatically.
      Who?"
      I said, "God!"
      lol
      She didn't pursue the question anymore.  Hahaha

2. compu-smart profile image90
      compu-smartposted 15 years agoin reply to this

An absolute ditto!!

Thanks for the smiles:)

2. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

I agree very much with this sentiment as a single lady by choice on Valentine's Day.  Happy V Day Dayzee and Michelle!  I love being able to buy myself a box of chocolates on Valentine's Day.

Hi SweetiePie, here's a box of chocolates coming from Daisy and me.  lol  It would be fun to eat it with you. hehehe

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o208/DRSAICO/Chocolates.jpg

1. SweetiePie profile image82
        SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That was a visually enticing picture of chocolate and I wish we could share a box in real life too.  I especially loved some Norwegian chocolate my pen pal sent me once, it was very yummy!

2. sassychic profile image61
      sassychicposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Heck yeah! that's so fun!
      Then you know exactly what you want and then you can pig out by yourself and not count how many you eat! BRING IT ON! SISTER!

3. profile image0
    C. C. Riterposted 15 years ago

I just love your dancing image of you and ripplemaker.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l194/never_love_again/smileys/Dancing.gif

I see C.C.Riter dancing with us!  Yeah! Cool...

4. guidebaba profile image57
    guidebabaposted 15 years ago

I am HAPPY smile ALL ALONE and SINGLE.

Will go to the Beer Bar Tonight .... All Alone.

cool

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/nicoleskudlarek/Smileys/drinking.gif

Enjoy your beer...sending you a buddy to drink with you. smile

5. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

OH and I have been living in sin for 11.5 years, and are very happy. We both think Valentine's Day is a con, and ignore it all together.

I enjoy your happiness for 11.5 years...wow!  And love celebrated on Valentines day and all the other days for that matter is what counts the most.  Happy hearts day London Girl. smile

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll165/TheHomelessPoet/Love%20Pictures/FairyTaleCouple1.jpg

6. Cris A profile image59
    Cris Aposted 15 years ago

Hey is there a room for a swinger? A single that mingles? LOL Of course I jest! I'm doubly happy or happily double or whatever but that's a secret! cool

Hi Cris, I can keep a secret!  Tell me...tell me...hehe 
      http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u207/Jackie_1947/Smileyshadeswinking.gif

Enjoy your valentines day smile

2. Julie-Ann Amos profile image63
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That depends.  Are you a swingle or a mingler?

7. Teresa McGurk profile image60
    Teresa McGurkposted 15 years ago

For the first time in my life I'm contented and happy and really glad to be single after years of nonsense in relationships of lust, mistaken feelings, and convenience.  Hooray.  (P.S. I don't regret a second of it, though!)

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r248/leahm83/13626_14313L.jpg

Hi Teresa, contented and happy is great!  Sending you a love bug to buzz around with you today lol

8. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 15 years ago

Love this outpouring of HubLove and support! I'm delighted to have the day to myself to do as I wish (HubCrawl or maybe even write one). Then my Hubby will be home tonight and we'll celebrate quietly.
    V-Day wishes to all. Hope you all get to feel love today:D

Happy Valentines day Mighty Mom! big_smile

9. JKSophie profile image71
    JKSophieposted 15 years ago

I'm very much happy and in love smile  Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy valentines day JkSophie! smile  Happy and in love...that is great!

10. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

Ugg.  Valentine's Day just means client dinners where I'm supposed to be happy about it or something.  A big con anyway.

I've also been living in sin for about 4 years now.  That, a pretty happy arrangement.

11. sheenarobins profile image61
    sheenarobinsposted 15 years ago

I am celebrating with you guys! Hi dayzeebee and ripplemaker! My homegirls! I am single and never been happy about it. What makes me happy is my attitude towars it. I used to be sad everytime this day of hearts comes around. I thought it was for people with partners. Then, I became mature. L.O.L

I love it! I love it!

1. LondonGirl profile image81
      LondonGirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Chocolate - you can all have my share, I don't like it.

hehe okay, will take it. lol

2. ripplemaker profile image76

Sheenarobins!  Happy valentines day!  Sending you lots of love today and everyday of your life. Love your new avatar! big_smile

12. Cris A profile image59
    Cris Aposted 15 years ago

Michelle (ripplemaker)

I notice you've been doing the rounds in this thread- spreading love and happiness all around! So I got this special Valentine gift for you - I asked Cupid to take off his bow and arrow and do the love dance just for you! Enjoy big_smile

http://www.geocities.com/MadisonAvenue/Boardroom/4063/babydance1.gif

lol  thanks Cris!  You are such a sweet person.  smile  C'mon let's dance along.  big_smile

13. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 15 years ago

I'm happily unattached at the moment....
    LOL big_smile

14. dayzeebee profile image68
    dayzeebeeposted 15 years ago

Wow it's great to find a number who are happily single, double, married, unattached or living in with one they love. That's the spirit. May we all find joy and happiness wherever we are with however we are and simply celebrate life and love everyday:) Be blessed everyone:)

15. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 15 years ago

I had forgotten it was Valentine's day until I saw a message at Myspace. I have been single for so many years I don't bother about such stuff anymore and find life's a lot easier that way!

16. crashcromwell profile image67
    crashcromwellposted 15 years ago

You know, in my adult life I have been single, engaged, unengaged, eternal bachelor, aspiring father, and ultimately a husband and father. There have been good days and bad days, but at the end of the day, I love my wife and kids, and I couldn't be happier!

17. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

I will admit, this past Valentine's Day was the best I've had, and I'm not a holiday/birthday person and personally believe that this holiday is the most retarded of them all.  I actually told my mom that I think I'm wired wrong because I don't like holidays... I wish it was acceptable to ignore the holiday, at least this one. Ha.

1. LondonGirl profile image81

Why not just ignore it? We do!

18. countrywomen profile image59
    countrywomenposted 15 years ago

Dayzee/Michelle- I was browsing through your profile history and saw that you both have started this wonderful thread(that personalized picture is too cute). I am glad to know that you all enjoyed and celebrated here. I am so happy and my first valentine after marriage I would remember for the rest of my life. I missed you all and hope everybody had a wonderful valentine. I was dancing with joy during this first valentine with my husband.  http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/6415/danceuk9.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_2_10.gif

1. dayzeebee profile image68
      dayzeebeeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi Countrywomen it's great to find you back, Yehey...oh I can just imagine how Valentine's Day was with your hubby! Please send those photos sooon. Can't wait to know more about your wedding. Happily waiting for your update.......
      http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh194/kkeellsseeyy6/smiley.gif

1. countrywomen profile image59
        countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The professional video/photographer would take about 2/3 weeks to arrange photos and send them along with our edited marriage video. I will send you some snaps taken with our personal camera soon. Thanks for wishing me and now I don't know whether I should have revealed about my marriage here. But thanks anyway for all the blessings and wishes. smile

2. LondonGirl profile image81

I'm confused - I thought you were meeting and not getting on with prospective husbands? Strong women, and all that?

I was so happy when I revealed about it to my friends here but now I feel maybe I shouldn't have. In emails I have communicated with some of my best friends here at hub pages about my husband and upcoming marriage earlier. Even my husband is aware of my hub pages profile and hence not sure how much about him I should reveal over here (Based on his comfort level). If needed I will send an email to you. But personally I am very happy, my family is happy and all my best friends are happy with our marriage. I don't know what you were trying to imply by mentioning about  "strong women" (even if it is based on my hub earlier). Have a good day.

1. profile image0
          Leta Sposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Different culture, CW...  You know how it is.  smile

You are back!  Did you have fun???!!!!!

2. LondonGirl profile image81

COngratulations! I hope you are very happy together.

By "strong women", I meant the hub you wrote - I couldn't remember the full title -  that gave me the idea (wrongly) that you weren't married or engaged at the moment.

There are some things I am not totally comfortable in revealing and that hub was about an experience about an year ago. Thank you very much for clarifying what you meant. Oh Yeah I am very very very happy and hopefully even my husband is happy with me wink

3. ripplemaker profile image76

Hi Countrywomen, I am very excited to hear the updates and the wedding! smile  And oh to be dancing with joy with your husband on your first valentine together...I like that news very much.  I wish you all the best and happiness ever! smile

Since you were so glad I wrote a hub about my valentine day http://hubpages.com/hub/My-Unforgettable-Valentine-Day big_smile

I'm off to read it CW! smile

19. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

Please don't feel you have to say anything you aren't happy about.

I hope you can see why it was confusing, though, with the hub about meeting men, then a husband in the offing (-:

Glad to hear you are both happy.

At least in the earlier days when I wasn't sure I didn't want to mention it in public but some of my friends here at hub pages I did email them. I guess I will send you my email address and we can communicate more freely over there. Once again thanks a lot for clarifying. smile

20. profile image0
    AngryITChickposted 15 years ago

Although I'm married the husband and I don't put much thought into the v-day thing although this year because my xbox broke he did buy me a new one on v-day.  Pretty awesome.  I always enjoy the history channel covering the St. Valentine's Day massacre, so I guess that's a plus.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)