Hub of the day about dorm cooking by nochance

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (63 posts)
  1. John Jason Hosac profile image61
    John Jason Hosacposted 10 years ago

Did anyone else look at this garbage? It is not original by any means and does not deserve Hub of the Day. What are your thoughts?

1. janderson99 profile image54
      janderson99posted 10 years agoin reply to this

It was published 8 months ago !!!! August 2012!!!
      Something weird is going on.

1. Kathryn Stratford profile image90
        Kathryn Stratfordposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Janderson, most HOTD awards are for articles that are not brand new. It is not unusual.

2. Reality Bytes profile image73
      Reality Bytesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTc1TWz0Ie5gy3QlCZEsR8YgI2S9zAT9ZQIauWymWD4FIxmW_4a

1. HollieT profile image81
        HollieTposted 10 years agoin reply to this

2. baja2013 profile image60
    baja2013posted 10 years ago

Maybe it's not your life style. I think hub is ok.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

I probably wouldn't have bothered reading it if it weren't for this forum post, but  now that I have read it... what's the big deal? I haven't been in college for a very long time so it's not exactly something I can "relate" to anymore, but it was a nice enough read in and of itself, certainly better than your average "Engrish" Hub from some guy in Bangladesh rambling about iPhone apps or Bollywood movies.

I'm astounded at all the hate for the Hub and its author in the comments section. Sounds to me like a lot of people have a case of sour grapes cuz they've never had a Hub of the Day.

4. chimatim profile image52
    chimatimposted 10 years ago

Well the writer actually "fooled" them. No names mentioned

5. spartucusjones profile image90
    spartucusjonesposted 10 years ago

I also wouldn't of read it if it wasn't for this forum post. So you have succeeded in helping to generate traffic for a hub that you don't care for. If you really don't like it, why can't you just ignore it. I really don't understand the hateful comments that the hub generated. It doesn't seem to be justified.

1. sholland10 profile image84
      sholland10posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.  Negative comments do nothing but give the source a bad reputation.

6. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Great, now I have to read it.

7. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Luckily I wasn't intelligent enough to be able to find it. It shall forever remain a mystery for me.

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You can find the archive here:

http://hubpages.com/hubs/oftheday/

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Simey!
        So to sum up a hub in 7 words... raman noodles, soup, mac n cheese and cocoa. Got it! wink

1. SimeyC profile image88
          SimeyCposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Takes me back many years big_smile

1. profile image0
            Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I barely attended college. I was busy having babies.

8. ComfortB profile image87
    ComfortBposted 10 years ago

I read it yesterday, and voted on it. for one, it relates to the audience it was intended for, the college, on-campus audience. I have two teens who will be heading that way soon, and I kind of got a few ideas on what to shop for as far as their groceries. It may not be all put together well, but it had valid points and it's worthy of the HOTD.

9. e-five profile image94
    e-fiveposted 10 years ago

The very first sentence of the hub description has a homophone error ("to" instead of "too"), so I didn't even bother to read it.  I thought about writing to Simone Smith, who appears to be responsible for picking the Hub of the Day, but then I realized I was just going to do it because I felt some of my hubs were more deserving.  So I just gave up.

10. cornwall_UK profile image70
    cornwall_UKposted 10 years ago

I think there's a lot of old rot in the Hub of the Day .... my stuff's not that great a lot of the time, but I do cringe at the quality of a lot of the Hubs of the Day when I know there are some truly brilliant writers out there.

Who does the picking??

1. ThelmaC profile image92
      ThelmaCposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's not as much a question of who does the picking as what criteria do they use to select HOD?

11. Daughter Of Maat profile image94
    Daughter Of Maatposted 10 years ago

I have to admit, this hub is one of the poorer choices HP has made for HOTD. The images are horrible, and the article itself, well... I honestly just glanced over it because of the error in the first sentence.

I have nothing against the author (for whoever said something about hate toward nochance), but this hub is clearly not the quality of content that HP has been constantly telling us about. In fact, this is the type of article that the HP apprenticeship tells writers to avoid. I'm very surprised that this somehow made the cut.

I'm going to have to start reading all the HOTDs to see if this was just a fluke.

12. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 10 years ago

I saw the errors but I still stand back from attacking another hubber.

Nochance wrote a hub. It was not perfect but she made a bloody good attempt compared to some I have read (and some HOTDs that I have read).

Then out of the blue it was picked for HOTD. She must have been thrilled!

Come on folks, she is one of us. She does not deserve to be attacked in this way.

+1, and who here is not guilty of a few typos? Haven't we all at some point, written a piece that, on reflection, could have been better? I don' t care how long you've been writing or what your credentials are, if you seriously believe that your work is perfect and beyond improvement, then you're away with the fairies.

2. profile image0
      summerberrieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well said.

3. AliciaC profile image93
      AliciaCposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1
      If someone has an issue with a hub of the day they should discuss it privately with the HP team or, if they want to bring it up in the forums, discuss the whole topic of hub of the day in general terms without identifying individual writers. In my opinion, the idea of naming a specific hub of the day writer and criticizing their hub on a forum as has been done here is completely unacceptable.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm with those that are agreeing with IzzyM.  The hub was not perfect, but was better than most on HP including some of my own.  It just does not deserve the criticism it has gotten here.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
          Rochelle Frankposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree! -- I mean, not that some of yours were worse, but some of mine were.
          It  was not outstanding, but not terrible either, and it certainly has an audience. May it live long and prosper.
          (I really try to eat healthy-- but I love ramen noodles.)

4. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree.

13. aa lite profile image86
    aa liteposted 10 years ago

I went to the hub prepared to be disgusted with HP, but actually I don't think that hub is bad at all!  It's written with humour and obviously authentic. I have read quite a few coma-inducing HoTDs, this wasn't one of them. 

I do actually think that HP doesn't choose HoTDs well, but this thread, singling out a particular hub, which really wasn't that bad, is in very poor taste.

14. Kathryn Stratford profile image90
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 10 years ago

I am happy for anyone who is recognized here on HubPages, even if I can't identify with their article. Everyone makes mistakes, and although I notice them, I wouldn't insult them for it. Every writer here is at a different point in their writing, and some may not notice their typos as easily as others. I didn't see the article, but it seems like a pretty useful, novel topic to me.
    Also, HOTD doesn't have to be a new article. Many times it is months old. That is very normal.

15. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 10 years ago

I wouldn't worry about HOTD selections creating a bad impression of the site and deterring people from using HubPages.  Visitors who arrive via search engines land on article pages.  Once there, they either click on an ad, a link to another article, or leave the site.  I doubt non-contributors ever go to the main page.

But that's not the point, the point is whether it's fair to single out, criticize and generally bully some writer because they've been awarded HOTD and the critics haven't.

1. profile image0
        calculus-geometryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh I understand perfectly the point of the thread and am simply making a different point. I didn't read the article and haven't read other HOTDs so I can't say if this one is good or bad compared to the others, but it's not worth wasting mental energy on either way.

And yes, I too think we should all mind our own business and not criticize each other's writing.  Certainly been on the receiving end of that when someone called me a Satanist for writing a math article about a certain number, lol.

16. directorslounge profile image60
    directorsloungeposted 10 years ago

I will gladly state that I don't read every HOTD and hadn't read this one until this discussion came up.  After reading it, I can see where some might think the article doesn't provide exciting or eye-catching content, and seems somewhat general for someone with a creative writing degree.  However, I don't know what the requirements of HOTD are nor do I concern myself with it.

After all this, I read a few more of nochance's hubs to see what their style was like.  There are other higher quality writings in nochance's 53 other hubs, so maybe this isn't their strongest niche.  Either way, I saw nothing that would disqualify it from being a "HOTD" or receiving a little more attention.  Which makes me have to consider this a possible ploy to direct traffic to a specific hub... or maybe even draw attention to one's own hubpage.

I just don't understand why someone with as little time and experience on this site (much like myself) would lash out at someone who has been writing here for 3 years.  Regardless of what this is really about, congratulations to nochance on the accolade, well deserved in my eyes.

17. Dallas Matier profile image85
    Dallas Matierposted 10 years ago

I don't usually read Hub of the Day. On most days, I don't even think to check to see which hub won it.

But, anyway... in response to the OP.

Your concern about the actual quality of the hubs that win Hub of the Day might be justified. Honestly, I wouldn't know. But, there's a right way and a wrong way to go about expressing that concern. You chose to call out a particular hub, call it 'garbage' and, by implication, attack that hub's author as though it were somehow his/her fault that the hub was chosen. You shouldn't need to be told that that was the wrong way.

18. rebeccamealey profile image91
    rebeccamealeyposted 10 years ago

I have had one HOTD. It was totally original, and I worked really hard on it. BTW, it was my second Hub after joining the sight. I think this one is OK, it speaks to an audience that is popular. That is probably the selling point.

19. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 10 years ago

well...i must say...i would not want my hub ripped apart in this manner....it's not fair...to the OP if you have a problem...email your concerns to HP staff.....

20. Sherry Hewins profile image93
    Sherry Hewinsposted 10 years ago

This thread is just wrong. I haven't read the hub, and it doesn't matter; that's not the point. Singling out a hub, and/or a hubber for this kind of public criticism is just plain wrong.

21. Kathryn Stratford profile image90
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 10 years ago

I agree with Sherry, and many others. It is mean and rude to criticize it publicly.

22. profile image0
    delleaposted 10 years ago

I agree that singling out a hub or a hubber is wrong in most cases, but the Learning Center clearly states "The Hub of the Day program exists to showcase amazing new Hubs before both the HubPages community and casual site visitors." Notice the words "amazing" and "new". If it's not amazing and it's not new then it probably should not qualify for Hub Of The Day. I can understand the frustration of many people on this... there are a ton of very good writers here in HP and I've also seen a number of poorly written hubs that have actually gotten very good ratings and lots of traffic... I just can't comprehend why that is when the Learning Center and everything else about HP stresses the quality of content so much. In fact, while hub hopping I have seen way too many hubs that passed quality guidelines that should have never been passed in the first place... there are way too many hubs that are obviously copied or very poorly translated into English yet they fly right through the quality process and guidelines. I've also read numerous hubs in the computer categories that clearly link to sites pushing spyware and viruses, which I instantly report when I see them. On the flip-side, I'm sure that all of us have written some hubs that probably were also not worthy of passing the quality checks as well, so maybe we shouldn't be so critical when this happens.

23. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 10 years ago

It is not right to criticize other writers.  However, in the light of QAP and writers failing to even get published - it is a bit rich to then promote something that is not one of those Stellar hubs.

I have had Stellar rammed down my throat till I'm sick of it.  I have had adequate pages fail to get through QAP because some half-wit thinks they are not 'good enough'.  GOOD ENOUGH?  Good enough for what exactly?  For the dim-witted lowlifes who comprise the average internet audience?

They were perfectly good enough.  I know what level my crap is aimed at, and I know how rubbish the search results are.  I see twenty word articles ranked above mine - my supposedly 'Stellar' content.

So we have QAP, Stellar, Panda, Penguin - a steady decline and then HOTD.  Totally unfair to single it out - and my apologies - but lets forget the article and the author for now.  It is about perceived quality targets. 

Right.  Rant over.  Makes a change from looking at ever declining traffic stats and despairing.  Not happy with this game right now.

24. Melissa A Smith profile image95
    Melissa A Smithposted 10 years ago

I agree, the author didn't deserve to be called out like this because this HOTD selection isn't their fault, but I'm sick of people calling people who don't flash fabricated optimism 100% of the time "jealous" and the especially asinine term "hater". Yes, it can be extremely frustrating when you work hard on hubs yet are never recognized for them while poorer quality hubs are. That not only is insulting to those with higher quality hubs, but it brings down the grandeur of getting HOTD from the start. I generally use HOTDs for aspiration purposes, but now I know that it probably a bad idea. The criticisms are harsh, but they are valid. Some people just can't take it when people speak their minds and it isn't all happy pappy.

1. aa lite profile image86
      aa liteposted 10 years agoin reply to this

On the other hand the staff who choose HoTD have to work with what they can use on the site.  If they can't find 'amazing' hubs to use as HoTD they have to showcase what they've got.

I know there are better hubs than that on the site, but many of them can't be HoTD because they don't make it clear that they've used the images legally.  For example I looked at a couple of your hubs and really liked them (I love animals).  However, for example your hub about pet cheetahs doesn't have the correct attributions for any of its images. 

Now it is possible that you have the legal right to use these pictures, you just haven't said so in the captions, but HP staff don't know that.  On the other hand, if you don't have the right to use them, then you have violated copyright, which is a pretty bad thing, and you can't exactly expect HP to showcase that on their front page.

I hope you don't mind me saying this, just not being all happy pappy.

1. Melissa A Smith profile image95
        Melissa A Smithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I didn't know you had to do anything more than list the source. The the photos are from the creative commons on Flickr and the licenses state that you must attribute them to the owner but they are free to use and alter, ect. However I wouldn't expect hubpages to pick this one, I have a feeling it is too controversial because many people do not like my open-mindedness to owning wild animals. I do have more neutral hubs where all the photos belong to me, and I simply state that. Is there anything else I'm supposed to do?

1. aa lite profile image86
          aa liteposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There is a learning centre entry about how you should attribute images in hubs here: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use, and creative commons has a best practice page here: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Marking/Users

According to the Creative Commons use it is your legal obligation to state the licence under which you're using the picture (CC-BY-2.0, CC-BY-SA-3.0 etc.). 

They say that it is "nice" to link to the author's profile and to the picture.  However HP wants you to provide a link to the picture (they so it is so they can check that it really is a creative commons image). 

Of course, legally, you don't have to do any of this for public domain pictures, but HP still wants you to do that, provide a link and say it's public domain.  Presumably so they can check it is true.

If they are your pictures, they want you to say that, they have no way of knowing that.

Other than the image attribution, the biggest reason the really excellent hubs don't get featured, is that they are probably not seen by the staff who choose HOTD.  I do agree that the choice of HoTD is frequently uninspired, but they can't really read everything on the site to pick the best pieces. 

Hubbers can actually suggest hubs for HoTD (other people's, not their own), so if you feel strongly about mediocre hubs being picked for HoTD, the most constructive thing you can do is to suggest hubs that you've come across, that you feel really deserve to be promoted in this way.

2. spartucusjones profile image90
      spartucusjonesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I would consider calling someone hub "garbage" to be a hateful comment. Also some of the other comments left on the hub, I would also consider hateful. So personally I don't see how using the expression hater, is asinine when it is applied to someone who makes hateful comments.

The issue in this case isn't that someone is arguing the validity of the hubs being selected for HOTD. I do feel that it is a subject for legitimate debate. But the debate can be held without signalling out a particular hubber.

The word 'hater' is a slang word used to describe jealousy. It is often applied when a successful person is criticized and another dense person accuses them of being envious of their success, making it impossible for an individual to have an opinion if they are of a certain status.
        An example-- "I think Justin Beiber has no talent". Reply: "You're just a hater because he has more money than you and will accomplish more than you can ever dream of". A person's status does not invalidate their thoughts, no, quite the opposite.

1. profile image0
          summerberrieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Pretty good analysis! I agree it is unfair to try and figure out the intent behind the OPs post or to call him names in return. On face value he seems to have a valid point. He would like for the criteria to be raised a bit on the hub of the day. This issue has been debated before in the forums. However with that said~

She didn't select herself. The honor was bestowed on her. If someone does not like the selection process then I think the best route would be to take it up with those who do the selection.  Like IzzyM says, why treat a fellow hubber this way?

2. HollieT profile image81

Obviously it shouldn't invalidate their thoughts, and I don't believe that it has. However, if you look at some of the comments on the hub, the author's work is described as lazy etc.etc. And then goaded by a commenter "dare you to approve this comment" or something similar, I'm paraphrasing. The op also describes the hub as "garbage, unoriginal" These are very personal comments and completely unnecessary.

Perhaps if Stephen King himself had made the comments they might  have some validity, after all, he's proved himself time and time again. But at the end of the day, the majority of writers here are just amateurs, I include myself in this category. So the sour grapes just sound like jealousy from an amateur who wants to draw attention to themselves, because they are full of ego and little talent. But that's their problem, I suppose.

I wouldn't care if the person never wrote a hub in their life...I agree with their opinion. I often criticize films and I would probably fail at my first time directing. However they did unnecessarily attack the hub author, mistakenly I'm sure--displaced anger. I want hubpages to honor the best hubs as it is useful for all of us amateurs to get info from.

25. Astra Nomik profile image64
    Astra Nomikposted 10 years ago

Hehehe... there is no such thing as bad publicity. This thread just proves it. smile

26. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

Well, the post is still there.  So apparently calling out someone's hub as garbage is okay.  : /

27. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 10 years ago

I remember my first dozen HOTD's and the name-calling back then.  After I had a few dozen more they shut up a bit.  It's just jealousy.  As I said at the time...

Please stop.

That seemed to do the trick.

28. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 10 years ago

I've just read the "offending" HOTD and IMO it's pretty good. There is a touch of humour in there and the advice contained therein could be very helpful to a college/uni student who's just starting out and doesn't want to blow their whole budget on Mickey D's. (Although like FatFreddy'sCat, I would have mentioned peanut butter. And fruit. Got to get your fibre/vitamins from somewhere.)

There have been HOTDs where I've thought "Really? This got chosen?" But Nochance's hub isn't one of them.

29. faythef profile image69
    faythefposted 10 years ago

I have never had a hub of the day..and now I know..if ever I get chosen..I will also be picked on by the bullies.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ah.  Please note I have never had a HOTD and never will.  No one picked on me, I was making a joke.  Second time in two days I have come unstuck.

1. janderson99 profile image54
        janderson99posted 10 years agoin reply to this

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8030274_f248.jpg

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
          Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Lol - very good.  Frightened the life out of me.

Where have your hips gone?

30. MelissaBarrett profile image59
    MelissaBarrettposted 10 years ago

After reading the OP's hubs, I must say this is a glass house scenario.

31. profile image0
    Joanne M Olivieriposted 10 years ago

I read the hub yesterday, liked it and commented on it.  If I like a hub, I comment and if I don't, I don't comment.  It's as simple as that.  It's really a shame that so many people have the need to post negative comments on this particular hub.  Negativity in my opinion doesn't belong here but respect does.

32. Reality Bytes profile image73
    Reality Bytesposted 10 years ago

WOW!!!

This thread provides absolutely no benefit to the site!  Perhaps forum privileges should be suspended for the OP for creating a hostile environment.  Good looking out for the author to approve all the negative comments.  Personally, I thought the hub was pretty good.  Rated up and shared!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdcuFQfO2U21FvFXUXG6VkEavUK43B5os48dyd-P2yadgaxderbg

33. To Start Again profile image70
    To Start Againposted 10 years ago

Moral of the story: We all have opinions and they are all different. It doesn't make one right or wrong over the other-it just makes them different. How boring it would be if we all thought and spoke the same!
    And criticism is a necessary part of life, especially when you are a writer or any type of artist for that matter. If we are never criticized (though constructive criticism is far more worthwhile than simple "this is crap" comments) than how will we ever know what we need to work on? Not one of us here is perfect and none of us should ever expect to not be criticized at some point. In fact, if you're a writer, you'd better get used to it.
    That being said- there is a fine line between constructive and degrading, helpful and pointless. We should all learn the difference and practice accordingly.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)