Has your author score been stuck for for a number of weeks????

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (67 posts)
  1. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 10 years ago

Mine has!!!

1. davidlivermore profile image93
      davidlivermoreposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't say weeks, but I notice it hasn't changed in a week or so.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
        gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

91 for about 2 weeks or so.  However, I have not been writing any hubs lately.  I am just cruising around.  I will be doing something in September.  I am just relaxing for now.

lorlie6posted 10 years agoin reply to this

gwillams, you think that's it?

2. NateB11 profile image89
      NateB11posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think it has to do with the fact HP has changed how they determine Hubber Score; part of the determination now has to do with an aggregate of your Hub scores; so, unless scores on Hubs go up, most likely by working on them or letting them age to gain some traffic, then the Hubber score will kind of stay stuck.

3. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61
      sunilkunnoth2012posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I was in the range of 90s for a few months. But all on a sudden it started coming down and now stands at 83. It shows a tendency of decrease. This sudden development makes me worried. But I have no idea what to do. I have noticed this has affected a lot of hubbers.

Mine hit 100 a couple of times, was always in the 90's in my time here, but it's been 87 & 88 a long time.  I told myself if it hit 86, I am out of here...

1. Silva Hayes profile image77
          Silva Hayesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Same as me -- I haven't been active here for awhile, yet my hubber score remained in the high 90s for more than a year, even hitting 100.  Then it suddenly nosedived to 85, stayed there for months, then went up 1 notch last week.

2. Faith Reaper profile image84
        Faith Reaperposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I was at 97 and then dropped way down to 85, and stuck there for a long time and I know of another friend who has been stuck at 88 for weeks even after publishing, etc.  I publishing with many views and high scoring hubs, and after that, dropped down to 84, which is not good as de-indexing of hubs then.  Been going back improving titles and editing, but to no avail.  Seems like it would go up after publishing and getting many views with high scoring hubs?  It is disturbing, after doing so much work, and this happens, especially when all hubs are featured?

4. profile image0
      savvydatingposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, mine has been stuck for weeks. I am now proofreading/editing all of my hubs. This has brought my individual hub scores up, yet my author score remains stuck. Hopefully, someone in Admin will weigh in, and let us know what we can do to get our scores back up. This situation is somewhat discouraging. We all want to improve, but some clear instruction on just how to do that would be helpful, particularly when our individual hub scores are higher as a result of our editing. Well, at least we're all in this together, and most of us don't stand alone with this concern. That's some consolation, anyway.

You're awfully kind to the staff-and we Hubbers-"somewhat discouraging' is an understatement-to me, at the very least.  I mean, the situation seems insane.
        These demands are fairly ridiculous, yes ?  All this editing is crazy!!!!!!!!!
        PS:They should make a specific announcement--and SOON!
        Consolation should not be our reward! 

Too much work, I'd say,
        See ya!

1. Jlbowden profile image85
          Jlbowdenposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes mine is usually always between 97 to 100.  I have been @ 100 quite often in fact. During these past weeks, it has dropped to about 88 and has been at that score for about 2 weeks or more.  Most likely because I am not as active as I once was in the Hubpages community.  And also have not written any articles for quite some time.  So I expect my hubber score reflects my idle state for now.  Hopefully I can find time to contribute more over the next month and raise my score to what it once used to be.

5. LillyGrillzit profile image78
      LillyGrillzitposted 10 years agoin reply to this

My drop in score is from the 6 or sites or pirates, who have hacked my HP Profile, and most of my previously featured Hubs.

The hackers are making more money on my Hubs and photos than I ever dreamed of making here. I am slowly moving all of my articles and photos from here.

HP puts it all on us individually to file our own DMCA even though their entire site is hacked. They do not care to expend any effort to educate all of the Hubbers that the site is a virtual pool for worldwide hackers to steal at will.

Where I come from if a person is a guest in your house or business, and that host or owner, knows you are in danger of loss of earnings, or property, it is their duty and responsibility to make sure you are kept safe (Safe Harbor), or made whole. Not here. They want us to nurture the new writers, take care of each other, Help Them Out and Hop new Hubs for QA for them.

When we suffer the type of loss that has occurred here, it is because there is a big sign that says,  "STEAL THIS" out there on the www for HP contributions, and the host does not care.

I am in the low 80's because I am not putting out more content to be stolen. The thousands of comments I made over the three years here can be found in the Hubs hacked, where the owners are not filing DMCA's. All of my high ranking hubs are hacked, and traffic is diverted to pirated sites. I only get credit for visits and hits on lower scoring Hubs, that are not featured on HP.

1. ChristinS profile image40
        ChristinSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Theft is an issue I wish staff would do more to address. It gets tiresome filing DMCA complaints without any backup

Yes, I have had content stolen too.

6. soulfully profile image60
      soulfullyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Mine went up two points a few days ago. It went down by five points a few weeks ago, though.

7. Savio Dawson profile image91
      Savio Dawsonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, yes. It was stuck on 88 for one and a half month and to be honest I did not have any activity here either. Of course, just posted on the Forum once in a while. However, I wrote two articles on Wikinut and Postloop and how to earn from it and found both featured. However, my score fell to 86. Funny smile

2. lady rain profile image94
    lady rainposted 10 years ago

Not just weeks but months. I am not worried as long as it is not going down!!

3. srsddn profile image90
    srsddnposted 10 years ago

This time it did not change for a couple of weeks. Then it dropped a little, may  be because I did not contribute for about two weeks. It again came to the same position now that I have added one more Hub. But there seems to be bit of consistency in it.

1. janshares profile image94
      jansharesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1

I have seen those who have not published anything in months (anywhere from two to six months!) and their score remains the same.

4. moonlake profile image82
    moonlakeposted 10 years ago

Hasn't changed for a long while.

5. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 10 years ago

I was at 98 four weeks ago. Then within two days it came down to 88 and since then, that is almost four weeks it is stuck up at 88 only.

Yup, I've got the old 88, too.  Today....smile

1. donotfear profile image84
        donotfearposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Me too!

(Hi, lorlie.  We haven't seen much of each other the past year or so.)

6. ChristinS profile image40
    ChristinSposted 10 years ago

I have noticed they seem to be staying stationary the past couple of weeks.  I wonder if by tweaking some hubs and getting higher scores on the hubs if it will bring the hubber score up? I think it is based on an average of your hub scores in addition to activity - then again I could be wrong, who knows.

7. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 10 years ago

I think it is a little less fickle now than it used to be, as they try to make it more reflective of the quality of hubs.  I am not sure if community interaction is still a factor or if there is still a fudge factor, but maybe if they are still there, they have less importance.

8. Doodlehead profile image47
    Doodleheadposted 10 years ago

Yes.   Mine has been at 85 for about 3 weeks straight.   Neither up nor down.   Very strange.

9. Silva Hayes profile image77
    Silva Hayesposted 10 years ago

Yes, mine went down to from the high 90s to 85 and stayed there for weeks and weeks.  Finally went up -- to 86.

1. ologsinquito profile image83
      ologsinquitoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No, mine has just dropped. smile

2. lorlie6 profile image72

When mine was 86 it went all the way to 87.  What an improvement,, no?  smile

10. kashmir-ladakh profile image58
    kashmir-ladakhposted 10 years ago

Mine author score has also stuck,

11. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 10 years ago

I thought it was only me because I haven't been all that active this summer.

Doubt that.

Hi Kathleen, I have been active with high-scoring hubs and lots of views and stuck at 85 for weeks, and then it just went down another point!

12. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 10 years ago

I don' t worry about any of the nonsense here anymore, which is why I devote my time to my own sites and blogs.

Smart!

13. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Yes, but Im not complaining. At least it's not going down.

1. Faith Reaper profile image84

Yes, mine was at 85 for weeks, and then I published a couple of high-scoring hubs with a lot of views, and it dropped a point! Do not understand?

14. sereseus profile image69
    sereseusposted 10 years ago

Ya .its been the same for a week.Are there any changes made here?

15. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 10 years ago

Yeah....mine dropped quickly at the time of the google change or whatever it was.  At the same time, I had a bunch of my Hubs flagged for various reasons which unpublished them.

Boom, it dropped like a rock.

Now my Hubs are back up to speed and the traffic is slowly returning (but not near what it was a year ago).  The score has been stuck for a while.

I used to have 95 to 100 for, like, 3 years or so.

Well, whatever....the earnings part is not affected too badly but I must say, I've felt as if I was under the looking glass the past month!

16. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

The new scores have to do with the new standards HP's has set.

Yes, it is that aggregate scoring.

17. Jackie Lynnley profile image86
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 10 years ago

With everyone upset and being told everyone is going to Bubblews if not already there you would think just one person at Hp would send out some sort of email to encourage but then maybe they want rid of most of us. ?

18. NMLady profile image75
    NMLadyposted 10 years ago

Yes it has.  I am still getting new readers from my marketing endeavors and get double arrows up on certain hubs but the score is stuck.

Yes, mine are showing red double arrows up, but the score is going down!

19. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 10 years ago

I don't think they have the staff to moderate scores and figure out the complexity of the new scoring. Maybe a robot does the scoring.

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I wonder if it's the same robot from a different thread.
      If so, that would explain why no one has any time to bother with our scores.

2. Jlbowden profile image85
      Jlbowdenposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Brake:

I tend to have to agree with you.  And to add, that robot needs some serious oiling!  LoL

1. brakel2 profile image73
        brakel2posted 10 years agoin reply to this
        1. brakel2 profile image73
          brakel2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Let us hope for more staff to help them. Love your sense of humor! We need a few laughs.

20. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 10 years ago

I believe staff consists of 7 full time and 11 part time members.

21. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years ago

My Hubber score is down to 93, but do I care? No, not a jot, and nor should anyone else. It has been stated thousands of times before that hubber scores do not matter unless they are below 75, and even then that is only because it means any outgoing links in your hubs would be marked as 'no follow'.  Having a high individual score is just another tool that various sites use in order to motivate us. Google don't see them, Google don't care about them. You can be a top class writer and have a score of 75, or be a rubbish writer and have a score of 95, it is no indication of quality and it is honestly a waste of anyone's energy worrying about how low or high their score is (or if it has changed or not over however many days).

No author scores to worry about on Bubblews, just checking your 'My Bank' balance and watching it go up as you post, comment etc.

Now, they are saying under 85 is not good, just the other week in a post on a forum from HP staff.  But as you say, no really concerned, was just curious why the sudden drop in scores, as I do not write for money anyway, being I have a full-time job.  So, will  just continue to enjoy writing.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
        mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well I could suggest that the 'sudden drop in scores' is a desperate attempt by the site staff to get the writers here spurred into a flurry of activity that might bring in more hubs, more improvements etc, (in fact anything that might save the site from going under)..... Just saying!!! wink

Just one other piece of food for thought too. It is great to enjoy writing (I do too), but if HP is simply not getting the levels of traffic it used to by a long way (as is shown if you look at Quantcast) then nothing like as many people are actually reading the stuff you put so much hard work into writing. Might be better right now to put it on your own sites, or on a site with more traffic to ensure it gets seen by people and ranked in the SERPs.

Yes, good insight there.  Hmm, will have to check that out for sure and that is a good point too you have made.  It is a lot of hard work, and I was curious as to why always a score in the 90s or 97 and then ...  As far as other site, many creative writers who are well-known her and outstanding creative writers do now have their own sites or moved to such other sites.

Yes I have my own site, and many people here do now as well. What I find a little sad is how many people keep saying that they are just grateful to have a place to write on like HP as they love writing and are not so worried about making money. Surely they can see that no matter how nice and easy this platform is to write on, and no matter how much they like writing, what is the point in putting it here if so few people are going to see the results of their hard work! Those are the people who should be also starting their own web sites and putting their work on sites that have not been slapped by Google e.g. Xobba.

2. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61

Yes, till recently they said 75 is ok. I don't know what happened so sudden to increase this level to 85. all are really confused. Could you please give me the link of that notice through a forum post.

2. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61

Please write a hub on this topic with detailed information.

I am not writing further Hubs here right now, not until I see a massive change in the fortunes of HP, all my free time is spent writing on Bubblews and harvesting vegetables from my allotment (latter at least until the end of Sept). To be honest everything I said has already been explained many times on the site in various forum threads etc. I am sure a search using the search box should quickly produce results to confirm what I said in my post.

22. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 10 years ago

My score is always about the same - within a couple of points.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Same here.

23. Ky Cardinal profile image83
    Ky Cardinalposted 10 years ago

Mine is stuck.  I have only posted one new hub recently, so I have to get busy.  I am not as motivated if I don't see an upturn. I took some hubs off that weren't getting any hits. I have several ideas, just need to do it.

1. sereseus profile image69
      sereseusposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Mine is stuck and at 68 it doesn't rise though I am active lately.I am annoyed.sad

24. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 10 years ago

The scores have been less volatile ever since the score algorithm changes were introduced.  See the HP blog for details: http://blog.hubpages.com/2013/07/summer … bberscore/

25. Joseph Renne profile image48
    Joseph Renneposted 10 years ago

Mine has gone down, was 82-83 2-3 days ago. Now its at 79... I'm not sure whats going on made 2 hubs. I Probably need to spruce them up a bit To make My Hubscore Raise.

26. ThriftyBoomer profile image62
    ThriftyBoomerposted 10 years ago

Mine has been stuck at 84 for the entire summer. I guess the HP robot doesn't love crafts the way I do.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)