Do you have a tattoo?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 50 discussions (88 posts)
  1. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 13 years ago

Getting a tattoo is something I thought I would never do....
                          BUT  I DID IT!!!!

On the nape of my neck I got a bladder cancer ribbon with the word "survivor" on it smile It was a way for me to stand against a life threatening disease.

Do you have a tattoo? Where and why did you get it? And would you get another one? Friends tell me it is like an addiction, but I can't see getting another!
    Thanks, Holly smile

1. gsburgess profile image59
      gsburgessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't have a tattoo, but I like your taste. 

Getting a meaningful tattoo that isn't a lover's name or something involving barbed wire and/or snakes is usually a positive in my opinion.  Having something that stands for a cause is great; either way, you have good stories now.

h.a.borcichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

For me it is definately a positive. Even my carcas can scream survivor now!

My son has a few tattoos - part of the "I am 18 and can do what I want" phase. We went together and he also got a new tattoo...a bladder csncer ribbon on his calf with "for Mom" on it.
        The ribbons are yellow which is also the ribbon for support our troops. He is a veteran so I feel the tattoos have double meaning:)

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
          SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

..i think that is great!....feels good every time you look at it I bet!

2. Attention Getter profile image61
      Attention Getterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a great reason to get a tattoo!

I had mine done at the age of 18 by a guy who did 'homemade tattoos' who I also was dating at the time! I thought I was being cool and being like my boyfriend - before I had a mind of my own!

But anywase, he was at least good enough to make me get something that meant something to me at the time so I have cupid (because I was so in love with him and I saw it in a horoscope book) on my thigh. I still feel kind of cool with it - I'm 32 now - but the meaning is obviously lost...

3. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will be getting one soon in memory of my sister...it will be a Tuscan Guinness and I do not know the location yet smile

4. deezers profile image60
      deezersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have 5 tattoos and I'm addicted however it gets expensive but I can't wait to get my next one. I'm nearly 38 so the tattoos I choose are not just random things that I'm going to be over in 6 months time but things that having meaning to me

5. profile image50
      SincerelySamuelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the best piece i could ever give to anyone getting a tattoo get it coz u want it whatever the reason dont be coersed or pressured into it  i have 2 one displays my faith and my favourite animal to symbolise indepence  the other is 3 vivid blue stars with a hollow circle in the misddle of each i am getting a 3rd tattoo for my 21st with an important quote being held in the tallons of a phoenix to inspire me to follow my dream if it matters to you when you get the tattoo it allways will because youll remeember why it matters every time you look at it smile

6. funkyfan profile image59
      funkyfanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No , I think the tattoo is not elegant and noble. The most important is that make tatto is hurt so bad.

7. waverly walker profile image59
      waverly walkerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Though i do not have a tatoo, I appreciate it. I have a dream that I want to get a tatoo between my forefinger and middle finger. I think it is cool!

2. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years ago

whoo hoo!!! congrats on the first tat, and (more importantly) being a survivor.  smile

You think you don't want another,(I didn't after my first one) but one day...something will come along and you will think..that's perfect, I want that for my next tattoo. I now have four... and (sorry gsburgess), one of them has my lover's name hidden in the details, it actually means quite a lot to me.

Thank you.
      I thought the tattoo process hurt like heck! I cannot imagine being so motivated to repeat the pain!!
      Do you have any pics of the tats? Hope that wasn't too forward - I am just curious smile Be well, Holly

1. profile image0
        DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I have some pics somewhere..Ill see what I can do about changing my profile for ya! And on your neck hurts more then other places. And you've had kids. Nothing hurts more than that!!! Or at least in my life nothing has hurt more..and the pain doesn't always stop ya from wanting more.  smile Like I said, I got one and thought ..NEVER AGAIN but over time the memory of the pain fades, and you find some other thing you just have to have on you.

3. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 13 years ago

Congrats on the tattoo.

I have three.
    1. a tattoo on my wrist of a paw print and 'chance,' which is the name of an APBT I had that was stolen. The word also represents the ideal that sometimes in life you have to take a chance on something, as I took a chance with him. He had a stage 4 bi-lateral heart murmur.
    2. a Pit Bull on my back left shoulder blade, which not only represents one of my favorite dog breeds, but the ideal of protection, loyalty, respect, and love
    3. three stars on my waist, which represents Orion's belt, a safeguard in the sky. Also, the love that cannot be obtained. (In one story Orion and Artemis-the virgin goddess- where getting really close, and Zeus was worried that she would not retain the title of the virgin goddess, so he and Apollo- her twin brother- developed a plan. Basically Apollo told Orion to stand in a spot because Artemis wanted to meet him, but in the meantime, he bet Artemis that he could out bow her. Apollo bet her that she couldn't shoot her bow to hit a spot in the distance, well when she took the bet, the spot was Orion, as soon as she realized it the arrow got him. Artemis placed Orion in the sky to live eternally.)

My next tattoo is the South Korean flag on my left shoulder, with the circle on the corner of my shoulder. My grandmother is from Seoul, South Korea.

Thanks smile
      It is cool to know how much thought people put into these things! Much deeper than I thought before :)Any chance to see pics?  Be well, Holly

4. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

I would have to be in the army or something, or it would have to be really, really symbolic.

5. ar.colton profile image80
    ar.coltonposted 13 years ago

Getting one tattoo often does lead to getting a lot more. I got my first one knowing I would keep going but I know few people are really content with just one.

Congratulations on being a survivor. That's a fantastic reason for tattoo! To mark something like that in your life smile

I have two tattoos. My first one is a ship's helm on my neck, directly below my ear. I got it when I was 18 on my first trip without my parents, I was in Peru. It was a little scary as the artist and I didn't even speak the same language but I'm so glad I did it.
    The meaning has changed for me since I got it. Originally it meant that I would direct my own life and that I could go where I wanted to go. Later it became a reminder to me that no matter what I was doing I was going somewhere, so to make sure that I was headed in the right direction.
    It is also a reminder of the saying, "We cannot change the wind but we can direct our sails." which was a regriferator magnet that my mother has had since I was a child.

My second tattoo is the beginning of a sleeve on my right arm. It is a large peacock on my forearm that represents beauty. The ability to create and appreciate beauty seems to me to be something that is uniquely human. Though every culture has different ideals of beauty every culture covets and enjoys it. As Oscar Wilde said, "The secret to life is art."

6. lcg4jc profile image71
    lcg4jcposted 13 years ago

I am so blessed to hear that you are a survivor of the aweful "C"

I also think that putting the tattoo was a personal conviction that was praising your victory over death. You celebrated this in your own special way and you should smile every time you look at your tattoo.

As for me, yes I have a beautiful tattoo. It is free lance filigree looking beautiful Cross with a wonderful Sunflower in the middle of the Cross. It is on my right leg, near the ankle and about 4" tall by 2" wide. I love it. 

It is a reminder to me that just as the Sunflower follows the Sun wherever it goes throughout the day, I too will follow the SON wherever He leads me throughout the day.

After my spouse left me last year after 32 years of marriage I finally felt I was able to express myself in a way I had always wanted to but hadn't done so out of respect for my husband.

Would I want another tattoo? No, absolutely not. I knew what I wanted for years and I got it, there is nothing else I want to add to my body; this tattoo says it all and I am content.

1. lcg4jc profile image71
      lcg4jcposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi I posted earlier but I forgot to share the picture to my tattoo. Here it is, I hope you like it smile
      http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4040094_f248.jpg

7. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 13 years ago

congrats to surviving...I plan on getting a tattoo in a bit to speak out against the same cause...

8. JacFoxill profile image61
    JacFoxillposted 13 years ago

I have one so far. It's the Chinese Symbol for Dragon on the right side of my back. I got it because I love the Chinese Zodiac and happen to have been born year of the Dragon. Im now saving up money to get my Baby Girl's name tattoo but I havent decided wear yet.

9. FrankiesGirl6Yr profile image70
    FrankiesGirl6Yrposted 13 years ago

I have 3 stupid Tattoos and one I like. Unlike you, I didn't wait.. Stupid and a kid I got my 1st when I was 13yrs (needle and Ink). It is on my hip, well it was 15yrs ago. The 2nd, another home made disaster (neither of which I did to myself)I think is a very BIG ummm butterfly?? The 3rd is on my low back, a drunken mistake that happened with persuasion from a friend of my ex's name. Imagine how my now husband likes that. And the 4th, on my ankle, of an angle with my daughters name. Personaly I will not get another, until the others are removed, and considering the cost, it will be a long time.. I have only had 2 treatments on Tattoo # 3

1. JacFoxill profile image61
      JacFoxillposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://www.wreckingbalm.com/ I heard the stuff actually works and you can get it at Wal Mart!

1. lcg4jc profile image71
        lcg4jcposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for placing the information about Wrecking Ball. I have a very good and dear friend who regrets her tattoos and would like to have them removed but wasn't able to pay the exuberant amount the doctors charge, not to mention the overwhelming pain involved.
        I will definitely give her this information
        Again many thanks for your comment I believe it will be beneficial for many people who long to remove their past mistakes.
        Blessings to you,
        Lorena

1. JacFoxill profile image61
          JacFoxillposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Glad to help. I just hope its as amazing as it claims to be. But atleast you dont have to worry about a white scar outline from getting it lasered out. Ha ha!! Ouch.... I think I found what to write a new hub about!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!! And I wish your friend luck!

10. princess g profile image59
    princess gposted 13 years ago

yes, a black chinese dragon on my back

11. Raven4180 profile image60
    Raven4180posted 13 years ago

Tribal art on right arm, dragon and dagger on the back of my neck, two embracing dragons on chest over heart, and a male angel holding a female fairie on my left arm. The last one represents me and my fiance.

12. profile image57
    ocean-wideposted 13 years ago

I think tattoos are addicting I have 3 and on nov 26 I am going to get a half sleeve done but all my tattoos have a meaning there not just random. I have 2 nardical stars on my tummy and they are for all the peoe that have passed away in my life, cause I think of them as stars watching down on me. 

Then I have a jap symbol on the back of my neck which stands for "Dream" and I think of it as if you dream big you will succeed. 

My next one is my big one it's going to be a half sleeve and I got my closes family and friends to pick there favorite flower to represent our forever friendship and love I have for them, then I am going to have a banner saying live laugh love dream believe and faith going around my arm and then I am going to have my 2 sisters initials. 

I can't wait and I think people who have tattoos are beautiful and different in there own ways.

Ocean-wide

13. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

Nice one, Holly!  I had one that I got after college but it got removed/cut out when I had my reconstruction surgery.  Although it was my only one I have always wanted more and can definitely see why they say it can be addicting - even though it was one of the most painful experiences I have ever had!

I've been wanting to get a tattoo to honor/celebrate my daughters but I'm waiting to be able to afford it because I want a big one and I'm sure it'll be costly.

I also recently saw this quote from another breast cancer survivor that hit home with me and made me want to have it tattooed: "I’m beyond grateful to be here, but forever scarred and uneasy."

14. FrankiesGirl6Yr profile image70
    FrankiesGirl6Yrposted 13 years ago

My husbands addicted. So far he has one sleeve, a large part of his back and is wanting to work on the other sleeve this year.
    SEXY!!
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4052229_f248.jpg

15. beautyrose profile image61
    beautyroseposted 13 years ago

sorry but I'm afraid of the needle.

16. schoolgirlforreal profile image80
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

yea love it
    a rose on right leg above ankle

17. profile image0
    L a d y f a c eposted 13 years ago

I do! I have two. For whatever reason I can't find a picture of the butterfly on my back, but I found a pic of me with a decent view of my flowers. They're right where I want them, and they can also be covered by a short sleeve if need be.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4059946_f248.jpg

Story: For reasons, my grandmother had me about 80% of the time growing up. Because of this, I even called her mum. She passed away when I was 19, and I miss her so much.
    This is my own artwork, in memory of her. She had these growing up the side of the house my whole life. I think of her every time I look at my arm. xo

/whew! Emotional! neutral

18. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

It's a beautiful tattoo, Ladyface!  I love tattoos that have meaning.

1. profile image0
      L a d y f a c eposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Lily Rose smile I love meaningful tattoos as well. I think they should act as a road map of your life. I'm currently drawing another for the side of my back, and it's chalk full of meaning smile

19. mrscb2010 profile image68
    mrscb2010posted 13 years ago

I don't have one, but I am thinking about getting one! Do you regret it, or are you glad you got one?

Music and Love have played a huge part in my life.
    This is the one I want. What do you think?

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4217994_f248.jpg

or

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4217999.jpg

If I don't want it to be very noticeable, where's a good place to get it?

20. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 13 years ago

Mine is on the nape of my neck. It is a tender spot to get one but I have but a few places for choices. I am happy with mine and am 99.9% sure it will be my only one - no regrets!
    I think the designs are nice, just be sure they are what you want to have forever!

21. nilove profile image58
    niloveposted 13 years ago

no I dont have a tatoo but I plan on getting one once i get in shape im going to get a mix bread of japanese and medieval  dragons starting on the top of my back wrapped around my contemporary waist and then my thighs... go big or go home I suppose

22. Maggie Tyler profile image61
    Maggie Tylerposted 13 years ago

I currently have 3 tattoos...the first is a yellow rose with my grandmother's initials just over my heart; the second, just above my left ankle, is Eeyore - matches my personality; the third, on my right shoulder, is a multi-colored antique style cross; eventually I would like to get back with my tattoo artists & have dogwood placed around the cross....no regrets :-)

23. profile image0
    SilentSmile08posted 13 years ago

i have currently  have six,  1st tattoo was the gate to many others to come after , lol addictive , i love it but the first was just a heart on left shoulder of my older sister's  first letter of her name in it and on her left shoulder my first letter , . 2nd was my family tattoo in kanji and it was *family  on my inner part of my left arm,  2nd was my  faith tattoo on right wrist  and then 3rd was my chest and it says' bitch 2 but the  >2 is small. you see intresting story , my group of  gf's an my sis all ahve the tattoo but  1-6 in number lol  4th tattoo is the biggest tatto on me right now its not doen yet*low on cash, but its for my grams who passed away *miss her lots,  its of her fav flower a daffodil  i got this  done  in blood line, this actually is diffrent from aregular tattoo they actually  use this to make the design pop out once it's finished healing , its really cool i love it this tattoo is on my left shoulder and my most current tattoo is a breast cancer ribbon  on the back of my neck with a daffodil  on it

24. Ellarose92 profile image60
    Ellarose92posted 13 years ago

I have a tattoo on my arm of a butterfly and hisbiscus flower when i was 17 i got the butterfly with my mom because i got good grades and she realized i had a meaning to it which was me geting out into the world on my own and surviving college and i got the hisbiscus flower as a highschool graduation gift meaning that i will always have a place to come to when i get lost but you can still be free like a butterfly is:)

25. profile image57
    rieomposted 13 years ago

I do not have a tattoo but would like to have one.  But, health wise I cannot due this due to an autoimmune illness I had called Guillian Barre.  That being said, I worked in the same office as a gastroenterologist did and he said getting a tattoo is not a good idea as many end up with hepatitis.

26. woody821 profile image60
    woody821posted 13 years ago

I wish I could get my webcam to cooperate but I cant I have a nice tat of Jim Morrison On my back and a happy shroom on my bicep

27. profile image53
    lilspellposted 13 years ago

i have 11 tattoos now,and have number 12 planed out. Have white&red rose w/key threw it above left breast,a cat wearing a pinkribbon & rosearound it above right breast.a cat hanging over my left shoulder,tiger tribal lower back,a feather w/owl on a right shoulder,vampire bite right wrist,a butterfly pink ribbon left wrist,a dreamcatcher left thigh(has a cat sleeping on top and a panther at bottom,a wolf howling at moon(with an owl in the moon)right calf,a cat w/butterfly wings left ankle, and a cat face(just eye and nose)on right foot. and love them all.
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4527244_f248.jpg

28. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

I have about 12.....

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can vouch for a couple of them. tongue

1. kmackey32 profile image64
        kmackey32posted 13 years agoin reply to this

OH REALLY????? LMAO

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4527521_f248.jpg

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4527522.jpg

Hey Kmackey, did you doubt me? lol

Hey Kmackey, where did you go?

I wanted to give you proof. lol

HAHAHAHAHA Too funny....lmao

2. kmackey32 profile image64

Yup thats me.....

And my daughter. Dont seem possable shes 17...omg im getn old.....lol My bdays tuesday...

Happy Birthday! smile

But, I was right. I could vouch for two tats. tongue

Yep, I got more done since those. my whole right arm with foot prints of my grandbaby....

cool

29. Julie2 profile image60
    Julie2posted 13 years ago

I have 7 and my eyebrows are tattooed as well.

30. kmackey32 profile image64

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4528247_f248.jpg

WOW! That's really cool. smile

Yes, they are so tiny but where the actuall size of her prints on the card from the hospital....

31. kmackey32 profile image64

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4528254.jpg

i guess i went alittle crazy...lmao ima add vine work next but after having all that done at one time, I had to wait....lol

Cool! smile big_smile

yep and i even got 2 more then whats in the pics. One on my tummy and one on my left leg....

Okay, you didn't need to get my imagination running rampant. That's just unfair. tongue

HAHAHA Too funny......lol

1. Julie2 profile image60
                Julie2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I always wanted to have a sleeve tat, my husband would freak! lol

I have 5 straight down my spine like a totum pole and one on my left arm as well as my eyebrows. I still want to get more. Each one means something to me. Thats what matters, when you get tats that actually mean something to you.

I love the one you have with the footprints, its really neat.

32. essiheart profile image68
    essiheartposted 13 years ago

I have 5 tats as of right now... debating on going for a full sleeve or not, considering a couple of them are rather large and could work with that...

I think tattoos are beautiful, and I love when there is a story behind them. Every tattoo I have means something to me smile

33. Mrs. J. B. profile image60
    Mrs. J. B.posted 13 years ago

I got my tattoo when I was 23. My Mom said that I ate nails for breakfast. You should know that I grew up in the 60's and 70's. My children now have copied my tattoo and I love it. Oh by the way it is on my hip.

1. Julie2 profile image60
      Julie2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I got my first tat at the same age! lol

My mother told me to wait until I moved out of her house before I did something like this. The same month I moved out I got it. When I went to visit her she flipped out anyway when she saw it. sad

34. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 13 years ago

I've got seven, all Monsters, demons, and zombies.

35. Mrs. J. B. profile image60
    Mrs. J. B.posted 13 years ago

I should have stated in my first reply that my tattoo is a sun that sits on a bed of clouds. I got it at Roxanne's Tattoo Parlor.

36. miszsfaboo profile image61
    miszsfabooposted 13 years ago

i have about 7 ..and they're all pretty stupid . outside of two . its very addictive which is why most are stupid lol , i just felt the need to get one. ill probably get a couple removed before the year is over.

37. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 13 years ago

I do not have a tattoo but I do have Greek letters of my fraternity branded on both arms.

38. KateWest profile image65
    KateWestposted 13 years ago

Never say never. Now I have a wolf running across my right hip and I feel fiercely protected.

39. cindi h profile image60
    cindi hposted 13 years ago

like you, I never thought I would ever get a tattoo but---  My daughter designed her own in honor of me! And I was so touched by the sentiment that I decided to honor my Dad. It's a long story if you're interested, I have a hub 'The Angel Among Us'. Anyway I have a red pegasus on my left shoulder, the 'Mobil gas horse"!  My husband and I actually got ours together, he has a dragon on his chest. Interestingly enough, my Chinese zodiac is the dragon, his is the horse, so mine has a double meaning--no need for anymore tho!

40. sylviastone29 profile image60
    sylviastone29posted 13 years ago

Nope.I am not sure which kind of icons are suitalbe for me.

1. gransareus profile image58
      gransareusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i never thought id get a tattoo but i did i got 2 home made one's in memory of my grandaughter's not the best but had meaning to me. i got a yellow rose with the name rose and a white calliy lilly and grace. then i got one on my back sholder blade of two butterflies and my 3 childrens names round it then i got one on my wrist of my partners name now im looking for my next one for my right shoulder blade of my three grandchildrens names and a picture to go with it

41. goprisca profile image39
    gopriscaposted 13 years ago

Not interested in Tattoos. I never get Tattoos.

42. Tat2dGothic profile image58
    Tat2dGothicposted 13 years ago

I, myself, have 20 tattoos and there is meaning behine each and every one of them.  I waited until I was 22 until I got my first one.  I see a lot of "I'm 18 and I want a tattoo" in my line of work and it is just said I think but that is usually what happens.

43. profile image53
    ForYourInfoposted 13 years ago

The style of tattoo is quite impressing.But it's not at all good for health.you have done it for self encouragement,its fine but usually it causes various skin diseases.So people should try to avoid it.

1. regina elaine profile image59
      regina elaineposted 12 years ago

yes, I have 13 of them. This is number 13. its 5 years old.
      http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5009431_f248.jpg

1. GVane84 profile image58
        GVane84posted 12 years agoin reply to this

13 is my lucky number since I was born on June 13 ;-)

2. GVane84 profile image58
      GVane84posted 12 years ago

Yes. I have 5 tattoos. I love three of them and the other two I just regret it all the time but I can hide the ones that I don't like. I got all my tattoos when I was 19 now that I'm almost 27 I think that I should wait a little bit longer and get more mentally mature to done it.
      http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5028711_f248.jpg

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5028736_f248.jpg

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5028764_f248.jpg

3. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

I have 7 tattoos, my favorite being two long stem yellow roses on my right thigh.  I have one for each of my daughters, they are yellow because both girls were born in Texas and they identify very strongly with that state.  Their names are written on scrolling ribbons which are tied around the roses.  I have added a small bud off of one of the roses for my little grandson.  My least favorite is the one with my ex-husband's name on it.  I was planning to have the name removed, but I might just keep it to remind me to be more cautious in the future.

4. butterflydust profile image60
      butterflydustposted 7 years ago

i don't have any yet but i seriously want some. I'm planning on getting this http://flowertattooideas.com/feather-tattoo/ simple feather on my foot.

5. Stevenrocks1 profile image61
      Stevenrocks1posted 7 years ago

No, I don't have any Tattoo yet buy I like it.

6. Kristen Howe profile image90
      Kristen Howeposted 7 years ago

No tattoo. I would love to get a henna print someday.

7. mariasophie profile image61
      mariasophieposted 3 years ago

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)