what do you think is the average age of the hubbers?

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (71 posts)
  1. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

i say 26...no reason

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I'd say closer to 36.

3. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I'd say late twenties, early thirties.  I feel generally old here smile

4. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I would say somewhere in the thirties....

I feel a little young here, but thats all good...

5. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

My Guess: Early to mid thirties.

It's a shame you can't use the poll capsule in forums.

6. Amanda Severn profile image95
    Amanda Severnposted 14 years ago

I'd say 35 to 45, mainly because I know that there's quite a few more senior hubbers, and an average is an average.

7. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 14 years ago

Maybe Team HP could do an anonymous survey.  It's a good question.  I think the average age might be higher than the average for sites like twitter, facebook, and myspace, and higher than we imagine here.

8. Lisa HW profile image60
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

My guess is from nothing other than the impression I'm under, but I think I've seen a lot of people in their forties on here.   It seems to me as if there are more early-twenties showing up recently.

9. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

I'm 65.  Sorry to mess up your averages! big_smile

1. JonTutor profile image60
      JonTutorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm gonna be 21.... we're even now. lol

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
        Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope not necessarily-- I'm older than Ghost. :-)

1. Lisa HW profile image60
          Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've seen more than a few people older than you, two, so - who knows - you and Ghost may actually be more average than you'd guess.  smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
            Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh heck-- I was hoping to be above average in something.... and  then someone mentioned that God was here. I suppose that would make all averages irrelevant.

Maybe we need to revise the question to "human mortal ages"... but then what about reincarnation??

2. profile image0
        mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now we are balanced...I am mid 40's

10. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

The Artist formerly known as God is ageless.  How does that affect the average?

1. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It doesnt, that guy isnt on hubpages...

11. blue dog profile image59
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

depends on the forum.  over in religion it's a safe bet to say pre-teen is the average.

12. Lisa HW profile image60

Rochelle, in order to figure out how to make you above average we first need to figure out what's average - and from there I'm sure someone could mess with some figures, specify that ages must be human/Earth years, and maybe even place you in the "above average" department.   smile  Of course (no disrespect intended to God, by any means); but we need to know if Jack Frost, Santa Claus, Father Time or Larry King are on here (because if they are that would need to be addressed too.  smile  )   (Just a note:  I'm not very far behind you in the age department, which is why I didn't think the references to ages-old "beings" would be offensive.)

13. HubChief profile image72
    HubChiefposted 14 years ago

this is a third question in the row. May I ask you all to fill in my age survey hub and I can help answering this question as much statistical accuracy.

For FAQs, and questions from other hubbers, I am brining my forum response live

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You didn't post the link so here it is:

http://hubpages.com/hub/What-age-are-you

It will be interesting to see the result!

14. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

1. alekhouse profile image73
      alekhouseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with this estimate

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gee thanks. I'm smart huh? LOL

15. AsherKade profile image59
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

25-35

1. Ladybird33 profile image67
      Ladybird33posted 14 years agoin reply to this

My answer is the same as AsherKade...and I within the age group NOT! smile

1. profile image0

nor am i...

16. finsofts profile image40
    finsoftsposted 14 years ago

i would say its between 28 to 45 in average..

17. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

like an average is in a median or average as in a combined age of all hubbers divided by the number of hubbers? 

Well I will just guess... 38

1. Drew Breezzy profile image62
      Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow thats what I was gunna guess

18. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Does it matter?

Maybe it does.
    The minimum age for participants here is supposed to be 18-- though I have seen some great comments and contribution from many who have identified themselves as younger.

I would guess the average as about 40, maybe more. I know there a lot of 20 and 30 somethings, but there are a few of us who really pull up on the average.

I wrote a hub about being 50 when I was a sub teacher in a blind class. For some reason they thought they could guess my age and missed it by only -15 years.

This would not have happened if they could have seen me, but I was sitting on the floor with them sharing silly riddles. This may have influenced their literal perception. So how old was I , really?

19. Lisa HW profile image60

50 is the new 40 - no, the new 35.  So that sounds about right.  wink

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How awesome, Lisa, that will make my 55 a super duper 37.5...I can live with that... the only problem, if I'm 37.5 how do I explain my 35 year old son, my 31 and 19 year old daughters??????
      hmmmmmm I got's-to  put some thoughts into that one.

1. Lisa HW profile image60
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's the beauty of it - you don't have to explain any of the figures!   lol     In not all that many years my son will be passing my "36"  (which doesn't translate exactly to my unmentionable age, but it's close).  He and I have laughed about it, know it will happen one day, and apparently have decided it's how aging works sometimes.   lol  (This method of calculating age is a little less evil that just lying about age.  It's "re-figuring" - which is a-whole-nother thing.  smile  )

20. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

around 30 to 35.

21. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

29 like me ! Its been hard years

22. HubChief profile image72
    HubChiefposted 14 years ago

Thank you so much marissa posting the link.

Statistically I got 17 people on vote so far, not a big sample.

the median age for 17 hubbers is 42,  i.e. about 8 hubbers are 42 or less and 9 are more than 42, assuming data is true

Weighted average is 45.

the variation in the median estaimtes can be +/- 3 years based upon the class sample.

23. Gennifer profile image54
    Genniferposted 14 years ago

They all are very different... But in average I guess about 35-40...

24. Gin Delloway profile image34
    Gin Dellowayposted 14 years ago

I don't know exactly, but I think it should be about 30 years old.

P.S. Though statistics in Marisa's hub shows another picture.

25. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

i actually think a lot of us are a lot older than we wish we were.  However when on hub pages, because we are accepted by everyone, it relaxes us, we become as youth with all the experience.... i am 21 on here, 52 away from here help..... i have 7 grandchildren.... in my head though i am in my 30's...... does it matter what age we are.... does it really matter....... not on line anyway.... there you have my views.... did you realise i was an old woman... my grandson beside me is 12.... he thinks i am ancient... ha ha

26. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Frankly I am pretty happy with my almost 50 smile

27. profile image0
    Writer Riderposted 14 years ago

what do you think is the average age of the hubbers?

28. mcbean profile image67
    mcbeanposted 14 years ago

I would say the average age of those who have been around for a while on hubpages is greater than the average newcomer. It seems patience is a trait lacking in many of the younger hubbers and there must be a significant drop out rate.

29. profile image0

you have to be mature to understand just what hub pages has to offer in my opinion..... the young ones will probably be back......... maybe when they are older, and we are dead and buried......  xxxxx

1. profile image0
      Writer Riderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

God! Can't believe people take this place so seriously! Not to offend hubpages because they're actually great, but seriously, this should be a fun place to post blogs. A person shouldn't have to worry if they're endangered of being thrown under the bus. I mean, seriously!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, it's not a place to post blogs at all smile

1. profile image0

But you do it all the time. It's called hubs.

1. profile image0

Don't mean to be rude. I'm just a matter of fact type of person.

30. profile image0

well it is a fun place of course.... that is the thing about hub pages..... it can just be a fun place.... but for some it is their work......

If i was younger, it would not appeal to me on all the levels it does, but i would nip in and out of it every  now and again. I do take hub pages far too seriously as it has been a life line for me through some horrible times.

Maybe when i don't need it soooo much that will be good for me and everyone else..... it is a fun place though it really is

1. profile image0

I respect that. But that's still no reason for others to make it as unpleasant as they do. Some people should learn to behave.

1. profile image0
        \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why not name and shame.....

31. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I never will tongue

1. profile image0

Really, well I haven't seen you behaving poorly so that was in vain.

32. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL Then I have no idea what you are talking about - I am one of the most misbehaving people here smile

1. profile image0
      \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

reallly, i think not

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, but i know I am. smile I often challenge people core beliefs, either intentionally or not, and many people don't take this lightly smile

2. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, really, he is... total shi* disturber. smile

1. Misha profile image62

LOL I never heard such words from you before. Must be my bad influence big_smile

33. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Yeah, Misha.  You make me feel bad, deviant. 

Actually, the second my kids go to bed I'm cussing like a truck driver.  And, it feels GOOD.

1. profile image0

Australia?

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

United States.  Night owl and insomniac.

1. profile image0

The same

2. Misha profile image62

LOL This adds some very nutty spicy tones to your lovely image. smile

34. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Oh this post reminded me of chat days lol

a/s/l?

Indian guys if soon as they could figure how to use voice went something like this..

allo..(pause) allo..(pause) allo..pause

as soon as they heard the first static noise coming from voice connecting it went from allo to:

you pretty lady ...(pause) allo..allo..pause

lol lol lol

my sis and I ,spoke once and soon we had the whole village online, was hilarious, now I think its full of wierdo's, n wacko's creepy stuff.

35. sirrot profile image61
    sirrotposted 14 years ago

Who wants to be averaged!!!  You know what that means...I am as old as dirt!  So does that make the average 40?

b

36. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

ok - adding the numbers presented here, adding ranges (each end point was added) estimating based on some responses...here are the counts for each age grouping (sorry if any response is left out).  36 is the average age of responses

Whoever responds after this has to re-add:)

25 - 35
    28 - 45
    30's
    30 - 35 (2)
    35 - 40
    35 - 45
    38 (2)
    40's
    40 (2)
    45 (2)
    51.3 (2)
    65+

1. HubChief profile image72
      HubChiefposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Got 22 users response on my age profile hub .

The range of answers still seem to be inclined to 40+...

37. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I'm good aren't I? smile That's what I guessed, 36.

1. profile image0

yes i guess you are - see you at the 1 yr party forum:)

38. profile image0
    Writer Riderposted 14 years ago

I'm in my 30s, and I'm hoping to stay that way for a long time. Maybe if I use those rules I'll be 21.

39. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Age is a number. It's OK to be unlisted.

40. Kmadhav profile image59
    Kmadhavposted 14 years ago

40- 45 yrs

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)