Which country do you like to spend your vacation?

Jump to Last Post 1-49 of 49 discussions (69 posts)
  1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Just in case there is no global financial crunch...

I'll probably visit hmmm...
    Australia or NZ, i love to see marsupials and nice tourist destinations there..

1. awsydney profile image60
      awsydneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

General, you have yet to drop by at my hubs. I have loads of info about what you can do in Australia. Come on, I want to see what you think !!!

2. carenmorgan9 profile image60
      carenmorgan9posted 14 years agoin reply to this

San Diego is the place for me coz its cheap and affordable yet there is alot to explore the zoo,the beaches everything is really beautiful and at the same time the hotels are also very affordable.

3. shamelabboush profile image50
      shamelabboushposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think I'd choose some remote country like the Phils or NZ...

2. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

We spent a week in Israel in late June / early July, and are going to Cornwall on Saturday for 10 days.

1. awsydney profile image60
      awsydneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

London Girl, I have heard a lot of things about Cornwall, especially how Rick Stein owns half or close to all of it?? Seen the wonderful restaurants and cafes and harvesting bamboo clams off the beach. O'm sure you'll be having a great time.

1. LondonGirl profile image82
        LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He owns a couple of restaurants there, I think - at least one in Padstow, in north Cornwall.

We're actually going to Tresco, one of the Isles of Scilly, about 40 miles west of Land's End.

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol What has Rick Stein been saying in Australia? If Gordon Ramsey bought two restaurants in Sydney, could he then say that he owns half of Sydney?

3. Sasha S profile image65
    Sasha Sposted 14 years ago

Thailand! Lived there for 2 years and have been back a fair few times since but can never get enough! So much to see, do and learn about - it's just a shame that the south has got really really touristy over the last few years.

1. kephrira profile image60
      kephriraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I spent some time in Thailands too, the beaches and islands and the full moon parties, I loved it.

4. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 14 years ago

India, of course smile

5. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

Bermuda...

6. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

Thanks all for posting you're always welcome to comeback...

I fanned you London Girl hehehe i guess it's okay with ya...

Bermuda is a very good pick, but excluding the triangle I guesss wakikik...

hahaha India is okay but I'm looking for country outside your turf...

thailand is nice place to visit, fine white beaches and truly wonderful sights and sounds abound there just like in the Philippines...

7. profile image0
    rednckwmnposted 14 years ago

I would like to go to Ireland. If I could go anywhere outside my own country.

8. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

All the ten countries I featured in one of my hubs - let's see, Greece, Italy, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan, China, USA, England and Israel. LOL I'll probably won't get to visit even one of them (except for the US) before I grow old and die but I can dream.

Seriously, Greece is my first choice.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Emi dont forget if your gonna be in Aussie,jump across the pond to New Zealand (actually its a 3hr flight) and do the dew , I mean two smile lol

1. emievil profile image67
        emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sure thing Eaglekiwi. There are a lot of Filipinos in New Zealand. Then I'll see you and maybe you can show me some more of those natives and the kiwi smile.

2. Big Brother profile image74
        Big Brotherposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    2. tksensei profile image59
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why not?

1. emievil profile image67
        emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No money sad.

9. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Europe definately ,wow or Israel scenery and history amazing smile

Israel's a great place to visit.

10. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Cornwall is a big county, so doubt that Rick Stein owns more than his few properties around Padstow.  Prince Charles is the Duke of Cornwall, so he is probably the biggest landowner.

I'm off to Australia on Friday, which is my favourite country to visit - going to the Kimberley.

I think you are right, there. The Duchy of Cornwall owns the Isles of Scilly, for example.

11. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Costa Rica!

12. Kadmiels profile image50
    Kadmielsposted 14 years ago

central america by far.. but second closest is south america i have written many hubs on those countrys in central and south america. smile

13. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 14 years ago

One week in all of them. big_smile
    Paid for by someone else of course. cool

14. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Thailand smile

15. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

New Zealand.  I'd like to go to Australia, though.

16. vancouver profile image40
    vancouverposted 14 years ago

Id have to say italy, the country side and coffee bars are wonderful, not to mention the history of the cities.

17. Gennifer profile image53
    Genniferposted 14 years ago

If somewhere close to the sea or ocean, it certainly would be Maldives!!! This country has charmed me. But if to choose a European contry - no doubt - Italy (I've been there twice and want to visit again - magic country)

18. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

This is the island we're going to - Tresco.

http://www.tresco.co.uk/default.aspx

19. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

@red --- Ireland is a nice pick... oh how i love the irish accent and the sights and sounds there is indeed awesome.

@emievil ---  Greece, Italy, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan, China, USA, England and Israel, wow many wonderful countries here... Greece is interesting for its glorious past, Italy is romantic, Malaysia is breathtaking, Singapore is a pocketsized Japan, Japan is powerhouse in technology (I love this nation too), USA (the star-spangled nation, a free wheeling democracy and the land of milk and honey, i have many relatives here especially in California and Illinois) and Israel (majestic, historic and the Birth place of the messiah...

@ kiwigirl --- europe is a blast, romantic and glamorous.

@ryan and Hypno --- thanks for dropping by...

@manly --- Costa Rica is an awesome place... latina Girls are really great there...

@kadmiels --- Latin countries are indeed a very nice place to visit...

@aka dj --- ROFL

@keph and misha --- thailand is indeed a great place to visit subtle and fascinating just like my country the Philippines...

@London Girl --- Israel is a very nice to visit, in fact theres a lot of people would love to go there to see historic sites...

@Gennifer --- Maldives in the Indian Ocean is a Hidden paradise...

@ vancouver --- Italy a historic country too... and nice sights and sounds abounds there as well...

@wordscribe --- i already mentioned this 2 countries... thanks for posting.

@tksensei --- hi there friend...

Thanks for posting smile

20. Herald Daily profile image60
    Herald Dailyposted 14 years ago

Hawaii, Australia, NZ, Matagi Island (Philippines), lots of warm, tropical, fun places.

1. Herald Daily profile image60
      Herald Dailyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oops, General - thought you asked where we would want to go.  I got excited, there are so many places I have yet to see.

As far as where I AM going, not this year, sadly.

21. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 14 years ago

I can hardly afford to travel in my own country of Canada, so its even more difficult to travel elsewhere, but my dream is to make it to Ireland someday.  There is something about it that I feel drawn to.  Before that though, I would love to get back to British Columbia, Canada, a beautiful province, and retour the Maritime Provinces of the East Coast.

22. Big Brother profile image74
    Big Brotherposted 14 years ago

You must visit Greece/Hellas, take a look at my Hubs, you 'll find many good staff for my place...

23. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

@ Herald --- yeah the financial crunch is indeed bothering the tourism industry, good thing Philippines is one of your choice hehehe, thanks you mention our beautiful country. Sad that you're not sprnding vacation, i hope next time you'll be able to make some trip... thanks for posting...

@megs --- dreaming is free, hehehe, wish you all the best and I knew you can still go there just persevere aand earn well hehehe as much as you can.

@ Big Bro --- thanks for dropping by, yeah the ancient Greeece is a perennial holiday destination.

@ caren --- yeah it is, US states are a force to reckon with...

you're all welcome to comeback this is a community thread...

24. Target Visibility profile image54
    Target Visibilityposted 14 years ago

If I had to choose somewhere to go on holiday - it would be somewhere hot. I cant stand the cold - why would someone fly somewhere cold? Whether it be Dubai, Tanzania, Costa Rica, New Zealand or OZ... I'd stay clear of places i need to wear more than a short sleeved cotton top and trakkie bottoms on a casual day out. smile

If you cant decide on where to go, a really good travel site i came across was [url=http://okbravo.com/].. They have a wizard that allows you to input your interests, who you're travelling with, how far you want to travel and when you want to go.. It provides you with tailor made guides. I chose to go to Costa Rica - AMAZING - and although we didn't book in advance (hate planning), we actually got a good deal on the accommodation and flights online.

25. Georgina_writes profile image81
    Georgina_writesposted 14 years ago

Only the UK seems to have the right mix of weather for us.  We've just spent a week in Cornwall, Downderry to be exact, and alternately had Sunshine, wind, drizzle and almost hail and then sun again!

26. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Another vote for Thailand from me, seems to be the most popular destination so far, it's got beauty and grime in just the right quantities, and often within a few feet of each other.

If I could retire in any country, Thailand would be it, and not just for the honeys, OK maybe a little bit for the honeys.

27. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I would love to return to France and visit more of the provinces and share their way of life~~~ also would love to visit Iceland, Greece... so much beauty and culture~~~

28. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

@Target Visibility - great picks there, I wish you could visit all of'em...
    @ Georgina_writes- yeah it is UK is a very nice place to visit too...

@Mrvoodoo- thailand is always a great pick, nice culture and warm just like the Philippines.

@shamelabboush - yeah NZ is a great country and my very Philippines too, subtle and powdery-white beaches are common here.

@rebekahELLE - I love France too my friend recently went there for a training, wow he told me great stories about this wonderful country.

Thanks all for posting comeback anytime.

29. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 14 years ago

Majorca for me, perfect

Jon in Nashville

30. Haunty profile image74
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

Tasmania for me. big_smile

31. mommyfreelancer profile image74
    mommyfreelancerposted 14 years ago

Philippines, specifically, Gota Beach - where Survivor Turkey and France were (also The Beach). It's almost always close to the public because of the filmings going on. Maybe later this year...

Outside the country? I'd love to go back to Liverpool and London, perhaps with my family this time.

But Fiji seems really nice from what I've seen in Cast Away smile

GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow glad you're back mommyfreelancer, where have you been we really missed you, hehehe now carry the cudgels and lets go after 100 author score... Wow you've been to Uk already that was splendid indeed.

@Haunty - Australia's Tasmania is like the Palawan in Philippines, in abundance of flora and fauna, hehehe, the place where you can find the tasmanian devil hehehehe, a marsupial just like the kangaroo but makes a strange and frightening sound and carnivorous...

@ dutchman1951 -- hehehe Spain is romantic place...

32. mommyfreelancer profile image74
    mommyfreelancerposted 14 years ago

Hey, GH, didn't think anyone would miss me, shoulda known you'd be looking for me smile

Yes, been busy with work, too much going on. But am back! smile

GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of course I do hehehe, glad you're back show what kind of stuff Filipinas are made off hehehe, make more hubs... smile

33. garymc profile image59
    garymcposted 14 years ago

i like to las vegas!
    many attractions there that i love it.

34. GeoHoliday2009 profile image58
    GeoHoliday2009posted 14 years ago

When it comes to vacation, there are lots of places that i want to go for a vacation, on the top of my list is Africa, where I go for an adventure.

35. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 14 years ago

The Greek islands are a great place for holidays,the weather,the scenery and I like the food. If possible I love going on boat trips to see other islands while I am there. Each island is different for scenery and I would like to visit the ones I have not seen yet. 

Italy too it is always an interesting place to visit and brings back memories.The food is always good there.

36. Fresh_Flower profile image60
    Fresh_Flowerposted 14 years ago

Well if I'm just gonna be a lazy crocodile on the beach I would say Sardinia in Italy.

37. TPTravel profile image71
    TPTravelposted 14 years ago

Italy! I have been there but would love to go back and spend a week or two in a villa rental just relaxing and enjoying the food, wine, and countryside.

38. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 14 years ago

I never get tired of New York or Las Vegas.

In terms of countries, I love Croatia and Italy.

39. groupwiseinc profile image59
    groupwiseincposted 14 years ago

some were in england

40. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

My brother would tell you Thialand, he and his family go at least twice a year.  I would tell you that although I love almost every place I've been, I could spend 6 months a year in Italy and never look back but then I'm in love with art history and what better place to live and breathe art history than in Italy!

41. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I'd like to explore all of the US, that includes the possessions.

42. TimTurner profile image69
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

I haven't been there yet but I want to spend my next vacation in Rome and cities of Italy smile

43. Abs Machine profile image61
    Abs Machineposted 14 years ago

In my case it's definitely Brazil. I spent there 6 months last year, returned for vacations this year, and probably I'll be back there next year, too

44. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I have never been able to afford to travel outside the US so I'm not sure.

45. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

My last trip out of the US was to Jamaica (current profile pic was taken at Rose Hall in Montego Bay, Jamaica).  It was awesome, and we got to travel inland a good bit and experience the culture...I would love to go back. 

There are too many places to visit.  The next place/s we would like to go are Scotland, Japan, and Italy.

1. Sufidreamer profile image78
      Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Scotland is beautiful and I enjoyed Italy, although that was a long time ago.

Greece has enough to do, for now, but I would like to visit Iran (not at the present moment!), Turkey and Ethiopia smile

46. livingsta profile image92
    livingstaposted 14 years ago

Switzerland....i love to go to the Alps...

1. sannyasinman profile image59
      sannyasinmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah Switzerland - clean, efficient, reliable, everything works, trains run on time, polished pavements, beautiful lakes and mountains . . . get me back there quick, I'm getting homesick!

47. sannyasinman profile image59
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

What's a vacation?

48. steffer profile image60
    stefferposted 14 years ago

On the beautifull spanish island of Mallorca, been there twice, wanna go back again, much better than the spanish main land too.

1. sannyasinman profile image59
      sannyasinmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, wonderful climate!

49. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Australia is my number one pick...was sold on this country many years ago by some friends.  One day....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)