Ladies - why are you going against the word of god?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 118 discussions (696 posts)
  1. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

I see we have a bunch of female religionists preaching what we should be doing, but I am confused. God made it pretty clear that women were to be seen and not heard - they are, after all, subservient to men and should do as their husbands tell them. They are expressly forbidden from teaching and preaching:

"Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says. And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church, for Adam was formed first, then Eve." 1 Corinthians 14:34-36

"Unto the woman He said: your desire shall be to your husband, and he shall rule over you."Genesis 3:16

"Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence For Adam was first formed, then Eve."1 Timothy 2:11-13

So - why do you go against the word of god and seek to teach men what they should do?

big_smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As usual you have taken the lesson out of context,and I thought you were pretty clued up on cultures Mark
      disappointing ,but what would you say -oh well lol

1. darkside profile image66
        darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Please put them in context for us.

2. profile image52
        danny heimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow, that's a trip, who are you dude?

Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess you could call me a "militant atheist," asking why the female religionists pushing their brand of salvation are not following the word of their god. Who are you?

Dude.

3. RKHenry profile image64
        RKHenryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Has he really?  All I see here is the man quoting scripture accurately.  So what's the matter, don't like what the bible truly says?  He didn't take nothing out of context.  Maybe, its just that you don't actually want to follow the Christian bible honestly.

2. nicomp profile image61
      nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Theology from an atheist. I love HubPages!

3. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

how am I supposed to answer this silently?

You are not. You either answer and go against the word of god. Or shut up and do as you are told. Simple no? big_smile

4. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am just gonna guess, because religion is originally "mans idea", if a woman starts to act like a man, play man games, do manly things then she it is expected that she will also be treated like a man. 

Plus the bible also says that woman are the "rock" of their households, even though the man is the head of the house, guess what?  If his wife disagrees with good reason, the man is also expected to listen to his wife.

I forget which story it comes from but it says something to the effect of God saying, "why didn't listen to your wife when she told you...?"  I do believe that these things were to free woman of the same oppressions that had taken men.

- now do you believe that woman are still equal to men? (in this context of course) I mean, do you believe that if a woman hits a man and the man hits her back, is the man wrong to do it?

- they use to not allow women to serve in military front lines because women physically are less capable and it was viewed as wrong to allow woman to be shot up in "mans" war but woman complained, we want to be treated as equals, we want to also fight in these wars, we want to also work etc...

But happened?  Woman got there way, they want to be viewed as equals and while I can understand the freedom to work if you want to, go to school etc... those things, I for one do not believe that woman are equal to men, in our civil rights yes we are but physically and emotionally no.

Physically men are stronger and emotionally (no matter how much emotion we tend to show) woman are emotionally stronger then men.  Women have something like a 20% greater pain threshold then men... anyways I'll stop before I start an argument, which I may have already, sorry. 

Woman and men equal and different.  I do not want to be treated like a man and I don't think any man wants to be treated like a woman. big_smile

5. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG.  lol  Well, you know, it's just a bunch of manuscripts, the way I see it, written by people who lived a thousand years ago or so and put their own slant on things - women didn't live very long; men were the one's who could write.  (I probably would have offed myself, lol, or ran away and become part of a traveling group of performers or something.)

Yeah, frightening.

Or become a nun. wink

1. profile image0
          Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, they did live longer.  And got to read and write.  smile lol

6. Alexander Mark profile image80
      Alexander Markposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mark, you're on target, although I know your aim in presenting this hypocrisy, I appreciate you bringing it up. It is true that women are not to preach. But it is more a matter of form and how the man / woman relationship represents God's relationship with us.

We all recognize that men and women are flawed, but in trying to reach a state more resembling Godliness, we must try and keep things in order, and God made it clear how he wanted it.

But it does not mean that men are so supposed to abuse their wives. In fact, the Bible has a lot to say about how husbands are supposed to treat their wives, and we have a lot more to be responsible for than just: "woman, where's mah dinner." Both parties have roles to play, and one of them is respect for each other.

Although to you and other atheists this seems like two sides of the same coin, I will clarify that the woman is supposed to defer to the man, not be his slave.

When I get married, I want someone who will make me think and keep me on my toes - but I will wear the pants in the family, even if she wears them too :-)

1. Everyday Miracles profile image86
        Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very nicely put. Thank you for this.

It was nicely put - but has little to do with the original question - which got lost in the morass of religionist anti-freemason paranoid delusions. LOL

I was hoping our resident female preachers would stop by and explain why they are going against the word of god. wink

1. usmanali81 profile image60
            usmanali81posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

7. usmanali81 profile image60

But ISLAM encourages women to become educated.

According to Sahih Bukhari, the women were very enthusiastic to acquire knowledge, and they once told the Prophet… ‘You are usually surrounded by men - why do not you give us  one particular day so that we too can ask you questions’ - And the Prophet agreed. 

Beside he himself going, he sent many other of his Sahabas to the women, to give them education.

We have examples of several Muslim women who are scholars 
      And the best example I can give you is of Bibi Ayaisha (may Allah be pleased with her), who was the daughter of Hazrat Abubaker, the first Khalifa of Islam, (may Allah be pleased with him), and the wife of our beloved Prophet Muhammed (may peace be upon him) 

She gave guidance even to the Sahabas (companions of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)) and to the Khalifas - One of  her famous student Urwah-Ibn-Zubair

She said that… ‘I have not seen a greater scholar than Ayaisha in the field of learning of the Qur’an, in obligatory duties, in lawful and unlawful matters, in literature and poetry, in Arab history’   

She was not only expert in the Religious field, she had profound knowledge of medicine - Whenever the foreign delegates came to the Prophet and discussed, she used to memorize the remedies. She was well versed in the field of math, and many times the companions came to her to ask problems of ‘Mirath’ that is, ‘Inheritance’. She is said to have guided all the four Khalifas, including the companions.

1. nyliram profile image59
        nyliramposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is true, Islam produces  fine surgeons, lawyers. The wearing of a traditional Head scarf is no different,and does little to affect that persons ability.  than many Western religions such as the Exclusive Brethren, it is a Headscarf. It is sad that Western perceptions of Islam are so biased.

They created mass propaganda against ISLAM

8. profile image50
      CORBETTLEEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

this i beleaveis a first for me so if i mess up forgive please more of a question than a reply have you read the book of Ruth

9. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Who speaks against? I believe it was the ironclad Angels and woman's rights that allowed us to speak. mmmmm....interesting question to defend. smile

I don't believe that it was meant to be submissive, it was meant not to argue with them in a public forum. It was meant to speak with them behind closed doors and to make decisions. Today there are more women in the work force then men, and our World would not completely function without us. If were not for women speaking many things would not have been accomplished.

Eph: 5:25 Husbands, love your wives even as Christ loved the church and gave himself for it.
      Col: 3:19 Husbands, love your wives and be not bitter against them.
      Eph: 5:28 So  ought men to love there wives as there own bodies. He that loveth his wife, love himself.
      1Peter 3:7 Likewise ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honor unto his wife.....

Husbands as well are to show honor to their wives as they know she is the weaker sex, therefore he is to shower her and love her and protect her. So in the Bible we are also equal. We should respect our husbands as they respect us. smile

Hey - I did not write this BS - just asking how come it only applies in certain circumstances. lol

1. AEvans profile image72

God only knows. big_smile

I must be God then. wink

1. AEvans profile image72

Aren't you funny?big_smile

No - honest.

2. Carrie Bradshaw profile image61
            Carrie Bradshawposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Remember the phrase in there "as the law also says".  There is no law today like this.  In fact, with salvation through Jesus Christ, the Word says "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female", that we are one in Christ Jesus (Galatians 3:28).  Also, the Word says, "In the last days, I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your DAUGHTERS shall prophesy" (Acts 2:17).  And in the entire passage of wives submitting to their husbands, look at verse 32 in Ephesians 5 "I speak concerning Christ and the church."

So men, if you are saved, you are the bride of Christ and must submit to HIM as we women do.  In this, the two are one in marriage and are EQUALLY yoked.  AMEN.

These kind of statements can be traced to an utterance of Paul found in his books of Corinthians, Phillipians, Galatians, Thessolanians, etc., in the Bible. As against the teaching of the Master (Jesus) that salvation only comes through keeping of the commandments (Mathew 19:16-17), Paul nails the law and the commandments to the cross (Colossians 2:14) and claims that salvation can only be obtained through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ:-

"If Christ be not risen from the dead, then our preaching is vain, and your faith is also vain."

(1 Corinthians 15:14)

1. earnestshub profile image80
                earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In that case you're well out of luck..

2. Make  Money profile image67
                Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Never mind Mark, usmanali81 has the second reading right here for us. smile

That's right, Paul was telling the Corinthians that his preaching and their faith was not in vain because Jesus Christ died and was resurrected to fulfill the Mosaic Law.  In Romans 13, Luke 18 and Matthew 19 Jesus repeats the ten commandments for us.  Salvation comes through Jesus Christ.

No. You are interpreting it to mean that. He clearly states that there was no one coming back from the dead, and therefore your irrational beliefs and hypocritical preaching are, in the words of Paul himself, "in vain." Too bad.

2. usmanali81 profile image60

According to Jesus (peace be upon him), salvation is through commandments but according to Paul, salvation is through the death and resurrection of Jesus (pbuh). Why Paul is against Jesus (pbuh)???

1. profile image0

sounds like the only one being "saved" here is Jesus. big_smile

Hi usmanali81.  Does the Quaran have the story of the valley of the dry bones in it like the Jewish and Christian Bibles do?

The story of the valley of the dry bones is in Ezechiel 37.  Verse 13 says this "And you shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall have opened your sepulchres, and shall have brought you out of your graves, O my people".

Well 1 Corinthians 15 is saying the same as Ezechiel 37.  Note the similarities between Ezechiel 37 and 1 Corinthians 15 that speaks of not only the resurrection of Jesus Christ but also the resurrection of "they that are of Christ".

1 Corinthians 15:20 "But now Christ is risen from the dead, the firstfruits of them that sleep: 21 For by a man came death, and by a man the resurrection of the dead. 22 And as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But every one in his own order: the firstfruits Christ, then they that are of Christ, who have believed in his coming."

Salvation is through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ but we also have to follow the 10 commandments that Jesus reminds us of in Romans 13, Luke 18 and Matthew 19.

I hope that helps you understand this usmanali81.  You too Sandra.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74

It applies in all circumstances ,all occassions, for all men and all women.
          I believe its called Freedom of Speech ,but Christ liberated women way before mankind did.

That is why I found this thread so silly.

To not understand why advice ,commandments were written or advised for certain occassions is ignorance.

Every situation in our lives has formalities , protocols etc ,what to say ,who to say it do , whos in charge ,who is not in charge etc ,we dont question that ,so why all the fuss about Paul instructing why it was best that women stay silent in church.

( they had a habit of talking to their family, girl-friends across ,back and in front , while the speaker was trying  to preach)...
          Anyway just a shame that people could see the common sense aspect in scripture and not feel threatened by it.

Happy Birthday America!!!, time to make a cake smile

10. profile image0
      blueraven6posted 14 years agoin reply to this
      1. profile image0

I see - so these rules are not the word of god then?

Although I was hoping one of the female preachers would enlighten me. wink

Not really sure what Jesus having sexual relations has got to do with anything either. Care to add a quote from Jesus where he says that only some of the earlier rules are to be followed and others are to be discarded.

1. profile image0

lol This does not refer to sexual relations?:

"I'm reminded of a complaint made against Christ because he often kissed Myriam the Magdalene on her lips. "Why do you love her more than us?" The question was asked.

Christ replied: "Should I not love her differently than you?" I can almost see him smile as he says this."

So Genesis and the ten commandments are rubbish and to be discarded. Interesting. I am not really interested in studying your book any further than I already have.

May your invisible super being inspire you to be a tad less condescending. And perhaps even learn how to use the "quote" facility. wink

1. Lady Guinevere profile image67
                Lady Guinevereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mark, Somehwere in that Bible it does say that the old is not good anymore.  Jesus says that the only law is "Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You".  He also said that the laws are in the minds and hearts of men (mankind), so we already know the laws and can never forget them.  He also said that everything you could ever want or need and all the answers are Within You.  Now there are those who do use this against others like a sword to hurt them and make them like them or their religions.  You know this.

11. Andrew0208 profile image57
      Andrew0208posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The law of the Spirit of Life has made us(male & female) free from the law of the spirit of sin and death. If you did understand what the first Scripture you quoted, in the Hebrew context, women were not allowed to argue on matters in the church rather should ask their husbands when they get home. These are they days of the Spirit not empty religions that take man for law instead of law for man. God has poured out His Spirit on all flesh including women to witness and preach the gospel in Churches and to the ends of the earth. We're in the New era of God through Christ Who abides and lives in us(believers).
      Religion and religious men will blindly argue this without holding on the relevation of the present move of God thru the Holy Ghost at work in a believer. In fact women are choice anointed ministers of God to the glory of God, this election of the Holy Spirit do not make them husbands but co-labourers with Christ.

Ah - interesting - so this stuff written in the bible is completely open to interpretation to mean whatever you want it to mean and you should not follow these rules. Excellent - thank you - silly me for thinking it was the word of god.

"women are choice anointed ministers of God to the glory of God"

Please provide specific quotes from your book to support this. wink

1. Andrew0208 profile image57

Have you received the Holy Ghost? If you've Him in you, you will know and understand by His Spirit the purpose of Christ and the law. A time came when Jesus told them that they words He spoke to them were Spirit and Life. Find out why? He made that statement in John 6:63. Look, Christianity is more than a mere stinking religion and quoting the Scriptures. It's a Faith and Spirit walk beyond critical reasoning of sensory perception

Sorry sweetheart - that is all it is. And my question was specifically addressed to the women who do nothing but quote Scripture and "stinking religion" to tell me why I am a bad person. Hypocrites all - not one of them answered my question. wink

And how do you know I do not speak for Him?

Mark, you're, remember what I told you earlier last year when I started that life changing thread "Who Is A Christian?" You'll be a tool in God's hand for the gospel despite your present strong profession of atheism. Time will tell. All you see is not all there's, the Spirit rules the physical.

big_smile

No - sorry - using a photo of a non-existent dead guy as your avatar will only perpetuate the religiosity. People see what they want to see. No getting away from it. wink

Anyway, what counts to me in that avatar is the resurrection power of Christ. Believing is a choice and unbelief is not non existence of a truth. Ignorance is not an excuse.

Unfortunately - you do not see the contradiction in your words - nor are you prepared to accept the religiosity of claiming a god that exists outside of yourself. Believe what you will. Learning for yourself is far more productive.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image67

That works both ways!!  Christ would not like to be reminded of the way they put him to death--would you?  Rome was a VERY awful place in that day if you car to research your history.  What do you think all those people wanted the most--to get out!
                    Christ was not the only one on a cross --there were thousands of people on crosses and some were burned on those crosses.  Christ was not descriminated against--he ws descriminated becaseu he had a better, more loving way and Rome did not like that--period.  Anyone who spoke or even thought against that was put on a cross.  Hell was the pit that Rome HAD to bury them in and burn their dead bodies for "sanitation" reasons.  Go research that.  Being ignorant of the facts is just plain ignorant and calling others ignorant because they do the research is just plain ignorant.  It works both ways.

3. Randy Godwin profile image58
                    Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cool!  I never expected an avatar to have the power to resurrect anyone.  This makes my avatar seem weak in comparison.  Don't you worry about using Jesus's image to lend credibility to your own ideas about God?  Why do you feel you know better than others?

So all this sounds like a commune.  If you have Christ in you then you must exhibit totall happiness and not ask questions of others nor get them to realize they don't have him in you?  Sounds suspicious to me and I know and I know Mark knows dear one.  God doesn't work that way and he isn't some kind of drugged euphoria when he comes to you.  Could it possibly occur to you to mean that those who do know the true Christ... ask questions to get others to know Christ and it has nothing to do with doctrination or brainwashing or telling others they are sinners nor putting them on guilt trips ro reading some book about a people's history.

MEN don't choose who Christ truly reveals himslef too.  Those who say they can are liars and have agendas that are not of Christ.  Christ is already in EVERYBODY and he does not descriminate nore use sex as a tool--as in sex descrimination.  If you can't see that you rae not ready to and Christ has really not called you.  The chruch has and the chruch is not of Crhist these days or when Christ was alive.
        He did not like what the clergy were doing in his time and he would never condone what they are doing now.  Chruch and religion descriminate in a BIG way.

12. profile image53
      afuaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Women aresupposed to be submissive to their husbands,that is very biblical.However I don't see anything wrong with women preaching. After all the woman at the well went back into her town and told everybody about Jesus. That is a form of preaching.

1. Randy Godwin profile image58
        Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not exactly, if Satan had been at the well spinning his spell and the women reported this, would this have been considered preaching also?  Reporting events and pushing agendas are two different things.  Unless of course you are speaking about preaching in a non-religious context.

Satan is a myth propgated by the church to keep their flocks in check.
          There were women preacher in the days of Christ and before.  Go back and read the things that Jacobbldder wrote on the Bible and the customs.  No that wouldn't be a form of preaching, that be witnessing and that is all Jesus told us to do. Everyone.

2. Jewels profile image80
        Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lillith would not agree with that, but if you feel you must be submissive, then I won't stand in your way.

13. Paper Moon profile image80
      Paper Moonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was ready to come in and raise caine, but now I see what you were getting at.  LOL.  (paraglider nailed it from the get go)
      Great title.

14. Jane@CM profile image59
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yikes! I am a Christian.  I read the Bible, but am not good at memorizing.  My husband is the person who introduced me to Christ and I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior.

I believe the God created me with a brain and I should be using it!

If I submitted to my husband in a sexual manner as often as he'd like, I'd be in bed, naked the entire time he is home.  While that is comforting after 21 years of marriage, I can't imagine how sore I'd be each day smile

While my husband is in upper management, the "He shall rule over me" would never fly.  The guy can't make a decision to save his life on the home front.  Bills would go unpaid, children would never get to the doctor, my husband would never get to the doctor, our bank accounts would be a mess, I could go on forever.  Point being, God gave me a brain for good reason, HE knew I'd marry a man who does not have good decision making skills (snicker).

If I didn't have authority here at home...I might as well wonder around in a mist of clouds.

I tried the whole submissive wife thing when we first got married.  Trust me, it didn't work.

I did that too and we ended up in a Debt Counseling Service!

You are right on.  The passage in 1 Cor 14:34-36 includes the phrase, "as the law also says" and women in those days were not educated in any manner.  Upon salvation in Christ Jesus, the Word says in Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus."  We are set free from the curse given to Eve back in the Garden of Eden! 

Also, the Word says in Acts 2:17 "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:"  Daughters will indeed prophesy, which is to speak forth the Word of God.  Praise God!

The submission passage in Ephesians 5 must be taken in context with verse 32: "This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church."  Everyone, including men, who gets saved becomes the Bride of Christ and must submit to HIM.  AMEN.

These passages are great!  Now why do you still think that there are othrs who are not saved or not of Jesus or God?  This makes no sense.

1. Carrie Bradshaw profile image61

We have the choice to serve God or not.  Not ALL are saved.  The gift is there for ALL who will receive it.  AMEN.

1. profile image0

So it says that Jesus fasted in the wilderness for 40 days and was tempted by Satan.  When Satan offered Jesus the world if only Jesus would worship Satan, Jesus refused, right?

Okay so 2000 years later this is the scene... Jesus:  I promise you the world if you worship me. big_smile

You don't see the problem with this???

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

Awesome ! I agree - we can drop the 10 commandments at will - Yay!

Or do you think there are some parts god wanted us to keep?

And you happen to know the parts he wants us to keep by any chance? lol

ZZZZZZZ. Rewrite it to your heart's content. I agree with you - we should discard the bits we do not agree with and go with the bits we like.

Same as everyone else. God's word . lol

Thanks.........

3. Mark Knowles profile image58

I see - so you have rewritten the entire thing to suit what you want. Excellent. I don't blame you one bit - I never listen to this BS either. Just do not tell me you are speaking the word of god.

Just your word - which bears no relation to what it says in the bible.

Good for you - I think it is garbage also.

Get over yourself, you male cheauvanist pig!  Yes, I rebuke you in Jesus' name!  Read 'em and weep!
          The passage in 1 Cor 14:34-36 includes the phrase, "as the law also says" and women in those days were not educated in any manner.  Upon salvation in Christ Jesus, the Word says in Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus."  We are set free from the curse given to Eve back in the Garden of Eden! 

Also, the Word says in Acts 2:17 "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:"  Daughters will indeed prophesy, which is to speak forth the Word of God.  Praise God!

The passage in Ephesians 5 that speaks of submission of the bride, read it in context ~ verse 32: "This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church."  If you're saved, you as the bride of Christ must submit to HIM!  How do you feel about that?!

Male chauvenist pig? lol

You have obviously never read a word I have written......

Oh well, you have god speaking into your head so.........

The passage in Ephesians 5 regarding submission of the bride must be taken as proof in its context as well: Look at verse 32 "This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church."  If you claim to be saved, you are the bride of Christ and YOU must submit to HIM!  How do you feel about that?

1. profile image0

Save you from His fire right?

How do I feel? Hmmmm - I guess I am laughing at your religionist crap that goes against what it says in the bible. To suit yourself.

"Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence For Adam was first formed, then Eve."1 Timothy 2:11-13

Not a lot of room for interpretation here. Sorry. You are subservient - says it right there. wink

Again, your quoting the curse of Eve, which we are set free of!  Get your head out of your behind!

You go girl lol
                    Non-believers just love to get nasty,you just maybe the only action they get ...in the written form.
                    And I wouldnt be too worried about your spelling ,specially rich coming from ms spellcheck herself..lol

2. Misha profile image62
            Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bva-ha-ha-ha-ha

It sounds even better than condescending vagina, right Mark? wink

1. profile image0

Wha????? The vagina speaks? big_smile

You make your cheauvanistic spirit more evident with every stroke of your keyboard!

1. Misha profile image62
                  Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

L@@K Sandy, now you are male chauvinist yikes

Carrie, please note the correct spelling lol

1. profile image0

Penis envy I guess.  lol

2. profile image0

Jesus was chauvinistic too!  He loved women big_smile

Yes, chivalry is not dead in Christ Jesus!  He gave Himself for us and set us free, praise God!  Romans 7:6 "But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter."  2 Corinthians 3:6 "Who also made us sufficient as ministers of a new covenant; not of the letter [of the law], but of the spirit: for the letter [of the law] killeth, but the spirit giveth life."  AMEN!

At least she didn't write a hub...........

You make your cheauvanistic spirit more evident with every stroke of your keyboard!

15. TrinaLynne profile image70
      TrinaLynneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No woman is subservient to any man. We cannot preach and teach to men but we can help other women. This just proves your insecurities.

I'm actually not going to say anything more because Mark your views can be rather offensive and self centered.

1. profile image0

So your saying that woman are stupid and not self sufficient so they need to be helped or taught? 

You sound pretty chauvinist too.

1. TrinaLynne profile image70

No. I'm saying that we can help one another as women. Who said women were stupid. Everyone needs help and to be taught. We don't know everything you know. How are you going to learn if you don't learn from a book (written by someone), a website (also written by someone), a friend. So your comment was just really baseless because you took the wrong out of it and I can't even see where you got it from.

1. profile image0

Sure I can, I got it from you.  Someone who wrote it who learned it from someone else, who learned it from someone else... big_smile

Proof again that you dont read the Bible.  Jesus stated that people should not go by the book, but what is in your heart.  I have heard the heart is bad and evil.  So I guess you listen to that too----hmmmmm?  You have no idea where Jesus said the Word, Law or Kingdom of God is becaseu you don't sit and read that book you claim that you know.  I can assure you that all those things he talks about are not in that book!

lol

Self centered. OK - That is because you do not understand where I am coming from. Read your bible and you will understand. Maybe.

1. TrinaLynne profile image70

Daughter of a minister, granddaughter of a minister. Convert to Islam. I have read the bible. And I love the way people use it out of context to feel right. It should be used for worship, not for getting your point across sweetie.

LOL

Another religionist. One that can't make her mind up apparently. You would not be preaching to any of the muslimists I know......

You get 100 score in ignorance.

2. TrinaLynne profile image70

I'm not preaching at all hun. How do you figure I'm confused? I grew up Christian. I converted 2 years ago. Where is the confusion. Regardless of what my religion is, the bible should not be used for getting ones point across is all I'm saying.

And I've noticed something Mark. You don't like when people have a difference of opinion. Otherwise you would take other people's opinion as such instead of insulting them and their intelligence.

I have spent too much of my time on this particular thread. Everyone have a great day.

Opinion? Surely there is just the WORD of GOD?

I did not realize it was open to opinions. Apparently it is.....

Guess that makes it worthless.

Honey, Take a look in the mirror...

Oooooooo, the same goes for you tooo "sweetie".

16. Lucky120 profile image60
      Lucky120posted 14 years agoin reply to this

WOW!!! That is what it says,but if you believe that God speaks to everyone then you would know that this is how women end up preaching in the first place. My whole family are ministers. Ya know when judgement day comes God will ask " WHAT DID I TELL YOU TO DO?" When you ever ask that question again think about the question I just quoted.

But - this is what he told you to do:

"Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says. And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church, for Adam was formed first, then Eve." 1 Corinthians 14:34-36

"Unto the woman He said: your desire shall be to your husband, and he shall rule over you."Genesis 3:16

So - why do you go against the word of god and seek to teach men what they should do?

big_smile

Oh dear. You are go9ing to burn in hell.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image67

No God or Jesus does not ask you any of those kinds of questions at all.

17. Davinagirl3 profile image61
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope you are being sarcastic, but you won't hear me preach, anyway.

18. Vladimir Uhri profile image59
      Vladimir Uhriposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Mark, my friend. You are a materialist and you are not qualify to interpret the Bible. You do not have anything to do with spiritual. You just cannot see it. More you look to material things less you can see the heavens. The quotation you used was specifically to Corinthians. They had to be straight, that's all. The Bible is clear how many ladies were very special for the church and Old Covenant people. Many were prophetess. Of course there were also false prophetess (Jezabel).

Hi Vladimir - You are a fascist, religionist and therefore your opinion is worthless. Too bad. Oh well......

More you imagine there is something invisible, less you appreciate there is a real world.

See you in hell. lol

Well Mark, you've spoken one word of truth...that is your own fate.  Vladimir is a son of God, a child of God and will not see you there, except in the presence of the Lamb.  I assure you, neither of us will be laughing at your fate.  We love you and are telling you the truth, in God's love.

1. profile image0

In gods love but not your own?  Surly the Lamb will be roasting by the fire. big_smile

Yes, God's love, agape love.  Because we love God, we react to the "enemies" of God in our flesh, rather than the Spirit.  For this, God is growing me to love in His love.

1. profile image0

and that is why god said it was okay to kill people?  So it is okay to do whatever you want to yourself and others as long as god knows you love him more than anyone else right?

Regarding killing, the word "kill" in the 10 commandments is that of murder.  We kill animals for food.  God's Word says, if you do something YOU know is wrong, to YOU it is sin.  God judges the motives behind the action, so action in itself is not the sin, but the motive behind it, that comes from the heart.

1. profile image0

So when my heart is telling me that what you believe is a murderer then he is going to kill me because of it?

Ah - so "killing" doesn't mean killing. Just like "love" doesn't mean love.

lol And therein lies the problem. You say "love" everyone else hears, "you are wrong and will suffer eternally."

lol

Scum religionist. Female religionist at that - going against the word of god. I "love" you so much, I feel I must tell you - you are going to burn in hellfire for all eternity. Oh well, if only you had listened to the TRUTH. wink

Just for your own good of course................. Because I "love" you.

You mean I am not a son of god. Oh dear...... lol lol

Female religionists going against the word of god. See you in hell also..........

1. profile image0

yeah, how can you be, Jesus was a virgin. lol

LOL
                Not what I heard...........

1. profile image0

eh, wha'd you hear?  lol

The word "son" as in children of God, refers to both men and women, even children.  I'm sorry you feel you are going to hell.  God has made the way for you, if you only accept it.  It's free.

1. profile image0

so now you are a god-transvestite who sometimes accepts children who makes the way for people to go to hell?

He made hell, not the way to hell.  He made the way to prevent those who believe in Him from going there.

2. Everyday Miracles profile image86
    Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

Thank you for the reminder, Mark smile Another good reason I've been staying out of this forum! big_smile

1. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i think burkhas are a good idea,only,without a bra or panties cause that leaves something to the imagination...WOMEN are the most beutiful gift men have been given and after thousands of years of being dominated by big strong(insecure)men have developed very sharp minds as a matter of survival(i'm not forgeting adout those sweet curves)so lighten up guys cause without women we'd be having sex with each otherOHHH i just got the creeps!...feed your head...

No without women you wouldn't even exist!

You are right at this.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Mark would have us all wear burkhas next, and muzzles..

1. Paraglider profile image88
      Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No. He would have you tear up the sexist 'scriptures' and respect yourselves as freethinking human beings.

I have been compulsively researching Islam lately. I can't seem to stop myself from doing it. The more I explore, the more that I discover that Muslim women in general appear to feel that their covering (whether Hijab, Niqab, etc) brings them more freedom, at least in their individual culture.

I don't personally feel that being spiritual or religious and being free-thinking are necessarily mutually exclusive.

I honestly think that in some ways I've grown through this forum, I just haven't really allowed myself to notice the personal growth. It took me a while to learn to be confident in what I believed, but it has been in large part due to the challenges that Mark presents that I have gained confidence in my beliefs (spiritual and personal).

I respect everybody here, though there are times that I get angry. I don't want to argue about religion because I don't like the way that arguing makes me feel. And because honestly, Mark has a good point. I like being a submissive woman: for me it offers significant freedom that I have been unsuccessful finding anywhere else in my life.

But I did choose submission long before I chose Christianity smile

1. Paraglider profile image88
          Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In many Arab countries it does indeed bring them more freedom, not least because many Arab men see women who wear immodest (i.e. western) dress as whores and therefore as 'fair game'. Hijab frees women from that particular oppression. (And I know that's not the whole story, but it is certainly a part of it).

1. Eng.M profile image66
            Eng.Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

surely you worked in some Arab parts . .

how did know it's part of it ?

I think its called a human ignorance , to not understand other cultures,or at least to not attempt too.
            But it goes both ways,enlightenment. smile

2. LondonGirl profile image82
          LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In many countries, such as Iran, Saudi or Afghanistan, wearing all-over blackout kit gives you freedom, sure enough. THe freedom not to have the living daylights kicked out of you for not wearing it.

1. Barb H profile image53
            Barb Hposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good point. Very funny

If you really knew the "Spirit Of The Law" you would know that Christ has liberated women NOT as you understand it all.

No sweetheart - just practice what you preach. wink

Or as Paraglider pointed out - my real intention.

4. Everyday Miracles profile image86

Kiwi, I do wear hijab, or at least I am at the moment. At different times I tie my scarves differently, but I do keep my head covered in accordance with the Bible and where I feel that God has led me with regard to this.

It isn't for everyone, but I feel great about it!

Good for you , life is about choices and when Jesus said
      I have come that you might life , in ALL its abundance' I celebrated that fact too.
      I have a voice
      I have a mind
      God expects me to use it in 'all its abundance' not to say I do as much as I should , in fact my mind has been sluggish lately.
      I do respect man in authority if he is performing according to the scriptures...As Christ is Head Of The Church...So Man Is To be Head Of His Household...
      That is the whole concept.
      Problems arise when man misquotes or uses scripture to 'tear down' Salvation and (whole) Truth.smile and EM Ive missed your prescence on HB , I wish you well.

No one is tearing anything down. You are going against the word of god and twisting to suit. Why?

"Sin began with a woman and thanks to her we all must die"Ecclesiasticus, 25:18, 19 & 33

"And I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and nets, and her hands as bands: whoso pleaseth God shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by her.Ecclesiastes 7:26

It is not open to debate or "interpretation." big_smile

Good, because the suns out and I feel like cake smile later gaters
          (EM if ya get a minute,check out my latest hub(short one) on Why Do Americans Celebrate July 4th- my first lesson as an Immigrant Alien,somethin?) lol anyway it was all because of the cake!!!)...smile..

That is cool EM.  When I was a kid most women wore a scarf at one time or another.  They look good on women.

I love the way it looks! Strange how my husband doesn't, but I'm covering up a lot of thick, curly red hair, too lol

1. Make  Money profile image67

I bet a green scarf would look good on you.

This is quite the sermon that Mark started, isn't it? wink

I wear hats quite a lot. They keep my head warm in the winter, and keep the sun off my face in the summer. And I like the way they look, too. But I only wear them outside.

3. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I covered my head for a while, but not for religious reasons.  It was interesting how people assumed I would be shy and quiet and not stick up for myself--they treated me like crap, in fact ('twas Texas)... holding a door open for a woman in front of me and then letting it slam in my face... trying to cut me in line... even making obnoxious comments to me.  Boy, were they surprised when I talked back or flipped 'em off!  Although, really, my favorite response (on my more patient days), was to say "As-Salaamu Alaykum" to them.  More often than not, that scared 'em out of their wits.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v314/102/23/505470999/n505470999_1753431_7685.jpg

For a while I chose plain dress, before I dug deeper into the Bible and was able to establish my own personal understanding of the passages that have lent themselves to it (plain dress). It was amazing to see the reactions I got when people caught sight of my wedding ring or heard me interacting with my husband! Our relationship, for being so traditional, is *very* egalitarian. No decision is made in our home without my input (or at least I can't remember one that was unless I chose to back off without making a stand for any number of reasons).

It is often amusing to see the way that people respond. I have chosen not to wear a scarf in hijab style in public just because I don't feel like dealing with the questions. I did a lot of research before I made this decision. The style I wear mostly resembles what one will see most often in traditional Jewish women more than in Christian or Muslim women. I'm happy with it, though DH prefers the Amish or Mennonite Cap. I just think it is remarkably incongruous with my normal style of dress.

lol - I bet it did. One of my ex girlfriends wore a head scarf for a long time because she had lost her hair. It was quite amazing the conclusions a lot of people jumped to.

4. usmanali81 profile image60

Sorry you are wrong, HIJAB is for everyone.

Where I live we have religious freedom, which allows us to make the choice of which religion to practice and how to practice it. I am in obedience to 1 Corinthians 11 and meant only that I wear the Hijab style. As a Christian I wear it for a different reason than Muslim women do -- for me it is as a sign of deference to my husband.

I think that wearing something over the head really means hair and to no shave it off as there were some that did that way, way, way back when these scripts were written.  We are not given the whole story though and where some of this information or MIS information becasue MAN decided what when in the bible and why it was taken our or excluded.  That is for another HUB or Forum.

We also have religious freedom in our territory but it's my humble advice to follow the religion as per the religious scripture and the related Prophets and companions. If you are wearing a scarf for differing yourself from your husband then it's not the religious theme and ultimatly you are not following your religion as a whole.

5. apeksha profile image66
      apekshaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

agreed..but the same god might had given justice to bad people..
      Now I dont believe on GOD and all that...
      sad

1 Cor 11:15 "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering."

1. apeksha profile image66

women should feel proud of long hair and her beauty.
          In India anybody said that nothing is beautiful like women..God made her with his own time and very carefully...

Amen, just know that the Bible does not require a woman to cover her head, nor a man for that matter.  In that same passage the Bible says in 1 Corinthians 11:7 "For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man."

1. apeksha profile image66

I haven't read that and I don't believe on religions...I am hindu but I respect all..I am not catholic..How come I know that line numbers...
              but thanks..n agreed to that ...

5. countrywomen profile image60
    countrywomenposted 14 years ago

Mark- Almost every religion would have some Achilles heel. It is true some folks tend to selectively pick and choose what to follow and what to conveniently ignore. I prefer common sense and understanding a better guide for improving ourselves but that is just me. I have a neighbor who insists on me to be "saved" which I find irritating sometimes. Anyway the golden rule of "live and let live" would be a good practice. smile

It's the golden rule by Freemasons, get rid of it.

1. countrywomen profile image60
        countrywomenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sir, I am an adult now and know what rules to follow and what to get rid of. FYI before joining hub pages I wasn't aware of Freemasons but the rule I mentioned "live and let live" I have been aware (and believe in practicing) since my childhood. I am not a member of any such organization. I am noticing you are trying to find issues with me even of my harmless mention of quotes(and also when they are not directed at you in the first place). If I have hurt you in the past please forgive me.

PS: I have a lot of respect for Islam and even have a hub about (Are Muslims against terrorists?). Have a good day. smile

1. LondonGirl profile image82

CW, he's an outright nutter. Don't waste brain power on him.

Dear CW,

Scriptures whether it be Qur'an or Bible are meant for adults not for toddlers. Regarding Freemasons, they are older than your parents, even grand parents.

6. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq218/aliferzwife/Smileys/Dominatrix.gif

Okay, now that is hot, darnit! LOL

I guess I haven't mentioned I like dominant women as much as dominant men wink

1. Mrvoodoo profile image57
        Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

grrrrrr, now where did I put those cuffs and gag.

A hot smilie? Who would have thought? lol

tongue The images it evokes, silly tongue

1. Raven King profile image60
            Raven Kingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where did you pick this little smilie?

7. Everyday Miracles profile image86

Hmmmm....

Not so much into the gags... Small mouth sad But we have a nice set of locking cuffs somewhere around here big_smile Custom fit, too wink

Haha, TMI!

8. Everyday Miracles profile image86

Thank you, Kiwi. I just haven't been feeling overly confident lately. Every now and again I notice just how poor my writing is and then when on top of that my keywords are garbage I tend to get a bit discouraged lol

No matter! I've been around, doing some commenting and some editing, but not so much on the forums smile I wish that edited hubs went out to fans like new ones though!

9. Everyday Miracles profile image86

Mark, good trip-up! I went straight for my Bible and not being Catholic, couldn't find your quotes! tongue

PG, that is the whole story as I can find it, which for me is frustrating. I am a (relatively) modest-dressing Christian (not plain, but modest), and I can understand how this is freeing. I, for one, am self-conscious about certain parts of my body and keeping them covered prevents me from having to worry about what other people think.

I enjoy submission for many reasons, and sexuality isn't the least of those reasons (I'm being honest here!). I tried to explore the issue more deeply in one of my hubs but I butchered it and will be doing an entire re-write on it at some point. What I would like to address is that although submission is biblical, it works for me for so many other reasons as well.

A personal choice.

lol - Yes, that is right - there is more than one version of the word of god. big_smile Odd that. Personal choice - exactly. smile

10. Everyday Miracles profile image86

Glad you made that point, Mark, because I was going to point it out if your passage from Ecclesiastes didn't match what was in my Bible. Oddly, it sounded as though it came from The Message, but I haven't been reading as much as I should (oops). And yes, it matched what mine says tongue

I want to learn how to read the original biblical languages in order to get the most out of it. Much of the reason for Christian infighting is due to the various translations (and therefore interpretations) of the Bible. Dreadful!

Funny, you nearly came up in conversation with a (Christian) girlfriend this morning, Mark. I was thinking about your statements about the infighting I just mentioned because she and I were arguing about biblical interpretation. Made me think of you big_smile

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
      Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good luck with that, although you will still have arguments about translation with the Ancient Greek version - it is impossible to translate Greek directly into English, so you still have to add some personal interpretation.

Very impressed with that smile

Heh, that honestly wasn't my intention (to impress), but thanks.

Hebrew is interesting because it is very, very lyrical. I am hoping to have luck with Latin as someone who speaks reasonable French and a bit of Italian. As for Greek, I do know a native speaker. Not sure how much that might possibly help. You'd know better than me wink

I know you weren't - you are far too modest for that!

It will help you with the pronunciation and alphabet, but bear in mind that Ancient Greek and Modern Greek are different languages - one of my friends estimated that, if an Ancient Greek-speaking Spartan was dropped in the modern town, people would understand about 20%.

Might be as well to go straight for the Ancient, and consult with your friend. Mind you, as a native speaker, they may well have a different take. smile

Latin - beautiful language, although I have forgotten most of mine over the years. Might be best to go for that first, because the grammar will help with the Greek!

It is - to say, "I am 23 years old", for example, the literal translation is, "I am the daughter of 23 years".

But it is also, suprisingly, a very blunt and loud language, and an Israeli missing an arm has a speech impediment.

Speaking from experience, learning Hebrew is a bitch. And reading and writing is worse - they miss out all the vowels in written language, and you have to guess what they are.

11. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

AMEN....in my religion, men take the responsibility for teaching at the place of worship....  I am glad about that and I would hate to have to do it......

I dont know why people go on and on and on ranting at people it gives submissive women like me a bad name.....

I am getting to know you Mark, your bark is worse than your bite, and although you rub people up the wrong way, Some of what you say is spot on, and hey you got your bible out, more than I have done today good man...

1. Ladybird33 profile image65
      Ladybird33posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, he scares me, Mark that is smile  However, Brenda makes an excellent point, you did get out your bible and I learned something new today.

No need to be scared - they are only words. smile

@ nicomp - you assume because I do not believe in god, that I have not read and studied the bible.

2. Everyday Miracles profile image86

This may be the first time I have heard another woman (other than me) come straight up and say this. I don't know if perhaps I have been unsuccessful in articulating the way that I feel about women teaching in the church and submission, but much of it is, for me, a relief that I am not the one who is having to do it.

In the church that my family attends, we have a remarkable female pastor. She is one of the best speakers I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. Nevertheless, I disagree with the place that she takes in the church.

My husband feels that it would be disrespectful of God's gifts if she were to stop teaching. He could be right, but there are certainly places for the women to teach to other women (the Bible tells us not to prophecy to the men, but not to hold off with one another).

DH would one day like to plant a church (probably a Vinyard) and I know that he will be wanting me to help him out as much as possible. But he knows that I won't stand up and speak unless it is in a dramatic skit big_smile

1. profile image0
        \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

are there men there able to do it....

Yes, but not with the same talent and skill that she possesses. We have one (associate) pastor who is a brilliant teacher but not so much a speaker. One pastor (senior) who is a brilliant speaker but I don't always feel that his message hits the marks. The woman's husband just flops for us big time, but there are those who are huge fans of his (so I don't know what the deal is -- maybe we're too picky or something?). This one pastor is just so amazing, and she speaks well to everybody in the congregation, mature Christians, new Christians, men and women alike. Even DH liked her a lot which is saying something. He's not so sure about this church in the first place!

But you think she shouldn't execise that talent and skill, because her plumbing is wrong?

No, but I do believe that there is a time and a place for a woman to share her gifts, just as there is a time and a place for a man to do so. I *also* do not feel that it is *my* place to tell her what she can and cannot do. The Bible gives us a guidebook for life: some choose to follow what it says and others choose not to do so. I have done my best to make my preferences clear without cutting others off from their ability or right to do the same for themselves. This is clearly a decision that our lady pastor has had to make for herself. You don't see me leaving the church environment because of her, do you?

As for your other comments, I have been gifted with a relatively quick ability to learn languages provided I have a certain degree of exposure. I'm sure that I will do fine, though I fear that writing and reading might be an obstacle considering that I mostly have learned French from hearing it more than from reading or writing it (and still struggle with the latter at times).

Good for you - I'm thick as two short planks when it comes to languages. Mind you, Isaac and his Abba were having a long discussion about what to have for dinner, and I followed all of it this evening (-:

The reading and writing is very different from English. Hebrew's my other half's first language, but he's pretty slow reading and writing.

12. profile image0

no no no I did not assume that, I just thought maybe it was a long time ago when you read it .... maybe we have been putting you off is that right?????  I'd say you would read toilet paper if it had words on, whatever that is supposed to mean.....

read us some more verses the psalms are  my favourite...

1. Make  Money profile image67

Yeah some verses from the Psalms would be nice now Mark.

The second reading for today is ...

13. Lady Guinevere profile image67
    Lady Guinevereposted 14 years ago

Scriptures and what Mark points out is true and I believe I do know what Mark is telling you all.  Those who say that he is twisting the scriptures are looking in the mirror on that.  GOD didn't say any of those things--MAN did because it was MAN and HIS concept that put that Bible together.  God has nothing to do with it.  I know some of you will come crashing down around me, but remember the culture at the time of Jesus--it was MAN who ruled the world then.  Keeping us strict to those scriptures prevents growth and Jesus never said not to grow or read other things besides that Bible of yours.  There are many sexist remarks and cultural implications in the Bible and most of the things that it speaks Christians do not adhere to.  Don't go blaming it on us unbelievers, it is your rules.
    Mark has a very good point.

14. Everyday Miracles profile image86

LG -- I tried Japenese in college. I found the reading and the writing easy enough (well, perhaps a bit illegible when I wrote, but that's not the point). It was the vocab that got me hung up every single time! It was terrible! But then, Hebrew looks completely different than the Hirigana that I was using during that first year!

15. fortunerep profile image67
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

Mark, are you trying to get attacked by a bunch of women? lol

No - we have several ladies here who consistently preach to us about hell, damnation etc - and I wondered why they were choosing  to ignore these clear and simple instructions.

16. fortunerep profile image67
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

I'm gonna make like a baby and head out of this one.  Good Luck my friend.
    dori

17. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

After seeing children whipped, and women abused on TV it is little wonder that people feel that way.

What you do read is bias towards Islamic people,
      you really are quoting only the worst.
      I live in Auckland New Zealand, and have read reports of young children and beatings in domestic incidences it happens worldwide.  Mostly people just want to get on with their lives.
      You do not seem to see these acts actually being performed in the Western Countries, but nevertheless, people are arrested daily for such crimes as murder stabbings, it is really bad I think.

I agree abuse happens everywhere, but I do not see it being condoned as it is with these extremists, and our press report any abuse in western society.

I have noticed that alot here anyway gets swept under the carpet, or you may say Rug. I have a pretty good insight, into the way things are done, and it just seems, Islam is viewed in a very negative way.
          It is sad, as it is just another religion, just people wanting their Country and their lives to be the same as any other
          Problem is we get what is called fundamentalist, extremists and fanatics same as exist elsewhere. The Q'ran and the Bible were both written many many years ago, and yet bioth are still followed. Live and let live that is what I think i am trying to say.

Agreed, that's the point

We at least agree. Have agood night earnest Hub and usmanali

Yes, it's very natural but you are also aware that this Taliban thing was created by Zionists and Freemasons of USA. Osama Bin Laden had a close relationship with Bush family.

I know Bin Laden was an American product at least in part, but the taliban have had their agenda for light years before any contact with the west.

proof ???

1. mohitmisra profile image61
            mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is this war about ? How can you ask for proof don't you read the newspapers or watch the news on television?
            Thousands of American troops are there in Afghanistan and and Pakistan and you say what is the proof, Strange. Th biggest news in the world today and you say show me proof ha.

Earlier on the Mujaheddin were supplied arms by the US to fight against the Soviet Union but today its very different.

Today, Freemasons and Zionits are providing the same stuff to Taliban for developing unrest in the territory-an old Masonic tactic just as they used in French and Italian Revolutions.

You got a serious problem with the Freemasons that's all I can see. What was it -they didn't invite you or accept you that's makes you have such hatred towards the.

You will never know the truth about them ,will you?

2. mohitmisra profile image61

You must be the first nut case in the world to say the freemasons and taliban are connected. smile

Aside from the decieving Masonic poetry based on mother nature, art, love, humanity and other rubbish stuff, pick up some celebrated history for getting enlightened. For free info, you can visit http://hubpages.com/hub/FREEMASONS-IN-A-NUTSHELL

18. profile image0

Mark did you miss my last comment, I am waiting for a reply... Because you are a man and we all have deep respect for you....And you have read the bible, how about your first forum post being a little scripture for us, no personal comments, just read a passage for us..... go on you know you'd love too

Goodness me no thank you. I rarely quote from the good book because of all the hatred and fighting it was written to invoke. Just look where this thread has gone. wink

It seems that both you and Mohit are very active Masons because you start a hot issue and Mohit injects his deviated Masonic themes in it, giving hollow messages of mother nature, love, sprituality, art, no religion bla bla bla

In that case so does the Quran smile Wonder why Muslims say "Ponder Awhile" is a better book than the Quran?

who said???

Many Muslims they cannot understand the Quran and neither can you.Everyone is not fanatical like you.

You also did not get your Hindu and Parsee scriptures who command you to obey only ONE God and follow the last and final Messenger Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) but you are doing the opposite

You dumb, stubborn human the Hindus and Parsees believe the prophet is imminent  how many god damn times do I repeat this?

If i am dumb then your scriptures are also dumb which clearly mentiones the prophecy of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in the following and you are not following it.

Bhavishya Purana, Parv 3, Khand 3, Adhaya 3, Shloka 5-8
                    “A malechha (belonging to a foreign country and speaking foreign language) spiritual teacher will appear with his companions. His name will be Mohammad. Raja (Bhoj) after giving this Maha Dev Arab (of angelic disposition) a both in the ‘Panchgavya’ and the Ganges water (i.e. purging him of all time) offered him the presents of his sincere devotion and showing him all reverence said, “I make obeisance to thee, ‘Oye! The pride of mankind, the dweller in Arabia, Ye have collected a great force to kill the Devil and you yourself have been protected from the malechha opponents.”

2. Eng.M profile image66

wonderful ..

This was only made a "hot issue" by your irrational rants. I know very little of freemasons - other than they are a secret society and every policeman in England is obliged to join. wink

instead of making useless posts 8124 times, try reading somehting SOLID like http://hubpages.com/hub/FREEMASONS-IN-A-NUTSHELL and get your facts straight. Moreover, this hub also gives detailed answer to your previous questions about humanism, materialism and evolution.

Dear oh dear - have you seen a doctor for that paranoid delusion?

after you

2. Eng.M profile image66

loool

this could be deep ~

i also respect him, he is an elderly man

19. scheinandras profile image60
    scheinandrasposted 14 years ago

Because that's how god created them:)

20. profile image0

Aw come on Mark read from the Psalms for us please

21. profile image0

now now   Mohitmisra   chill

22. Lady Guinevere profile image67

Wow what happened overnight?!  This morphed from being how Women are supposed to be and act in the Christian Bible to Binladen and the Islamic as seen in a bias way.  Oh and I can't forget the spurt of Free Masons etc....

The OP by Mark is being taken over my over zealous MEN.....LOL

Do Men think that they know what is good for everyone and every Sex and why is that so?

Scientifically men have got a large brain size as compared to women, that's the reason smile

Now now you don't want to be called the wrong kind of names do you?  Be nice and nice will come back to you.

23. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

I think that women should adore their men and work a full day to help earn money for the family, then clean the house while the husband watches TV.  They should make sure hubby is comfortable and has a cold beer.  Then they must cook dinner.  I really believe that this is every woman's duty and what we've been born for.  Of course, if hubby wants sex before and after dinner, it is our duty to meet his needs.

Cindy you are a very funny girl! That was great!

lol  lol love it. smile

Freemasons always praise illegitmate sex

When the obelisk is depicted within a circle, the Freemasons are depicting the sex act between male and female.  In Washington, D.C., the Washington Monument is sitting within a circle.  Freemasonry planned, designed, and created the Washington Monument.  The obelisk is greatly revered in Masonry.

You have a very sad sense of humor or rather no sense of humor.

3. Mark Knowles profile image58

Good old fashioned family values. big_smile

Correct - that is how it should be.

Better hope that my other half does not read this comment, or I am a dead man hmm

2. Lisa HW profile image63
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

cindyvine, don't forget too:   Even if women know more about any particular subject they should keep their knowledge/opinions to themselves.  If they happen to have a better knowledge of money management, that should be a secret.  Let their husbands blow the retirement savings.  If they happen to have a better understanding of children and child development, they should keep it to themselves.  Fathers have a right to mess up the kids if they want to.  Common sense about letting the person who is better at any one thing manage it should never, ever, be used.    smile

24. Everyday Miracles profile image86

Mark -- I know! Crazy... I had been quite enjoying the discourse because I didn't feel that it had degenerated into argumentative BS like it sometimes does in here, and then... BOOM!

NOBODY likes to be preached at, and frankly, that includes me. No thanks!

"Taught" is different than "preached at." Though you had to know that this would turn into an "Islam gives women freedom and Christianity oppresses them" argument, didn't you? wink

Lady Guin -- Starting a different thread to allow the extremists to have their argument wink

Extremeist?  I think those who say go by the Bible in exactly the way it was done way back then in another cultural cenario is exremist.  Not reading other things bsides the Bible, that is extreme and telling others that they MUST obey and worship the same GOD and believe the SAME exact things--that is extremist!

Hmmmm... Not exactly sure that's what I'm doing here, LG...

Yes, I am a Bible-believing Christian. I have also read parts of the Quran (and plan to read all of it at some point), have read religious texts from several Eastern religions and spent the majority of my life as a pagan.

I have consistently said that individuals need to make their choices. I have shared what my beliefs are, but I have not pressured others to share in those beliefs. I believe in free will and that each individual must make their choice. And I don't feel that I have preached at anyone, merely attempted to continue to share of myself freely.

If I am being an "extremist" and offensive, then I will remove myself from Hubpages again, because I genuinely am not here to offend anyone. I apologize if I have.

I didn't say you in particular, I said "THOSE, not Your name.

I apologize, I thought that was why you were quoting me smile

25. cindyvine profile image69

And weekends we should mow the lawn while hubby lies in and then make him breakfast in bed.  We can do our shopping when he goes off to watch the game, then prepare the snacks for his mates when they come over to watch the footie on TV.  During half-time, if our hubby's are excited because their team is winning, we should remove our aprons and pleasure them.

1. Amanda Severn profile image92
      Amanda Severnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Only our aprons?

Such beautiful understanding ,every woman should be like you wink

26. cindyvine profile image69

Will she pleasure you to death then, Sufi?

27. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

@cindyvine: If you can call being battered to death with a rolling pin pleasurable, then yes hmm

28. cindyvine profile image69

So LG, would you then term a Jehovah's Witness an extremist?

If they do as I stated then yes.  I don't think that I descrminated and I don't think Jesus did either.

29. cindyvine profile image69

Well Sufi, whatever floats yer boat and blows your hair back.  She might get the kitchen table ready for her man!

We actually fight over whose turn it is to cook - we both enjoy it! smile

1. Lisa HW profile image63
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If either of you is missing your opportunity to cook when it's not your turn, feel free to cook up a vegetarian dinner and forward it to my house, please.  I hate cooking.  Win/win/win.

No problem, Lisa - I baked some bread yesterday, so will pack some up with a Greek salad and spinach with rice smile

Everybody is happy!

@cindy - only vegetarian food, I am afraid - you will have to cook your own sausages big_smile

30. profile image0

And if you chose not to have a hubby you should get a servant or slave to do all your work, young men are a different breed..... my boys do so many things there dad would never do....  They are trying to educate him into cooking, etc etc etc,he is experimenting, but the young women have a charmed life now......... bet this starts some discussion

31. cindyvine profile image69

Yeah Lisa, we also need to make sure all our money is paid into our hubby's bank account, and he can give us pocket money if we've fulfilled our duty and completed our chores.  Sufi, you sound like a dream man.
    LG, didn't the Jehovah witnesses say only 100 000 people will be raptured and taken up to heaven?

It is 144,000.  So I aksed them what is the rest of the population going to do.  I think this is the number in the Bible tha was used on how many souls are born or made or something like that.  It was years ago that I learned that.
      This doesn't make sense with the now over 6 Billion people on earth at this time.

That's why their busily scurrying around, knocking on doors no doubt. I assume that it's a kind of league table where the people who sign up the most get the biggest reward. A bit like tupperware parties.

Kudos in heaven LOL

2. profile image0

no you have got all that wrong

Sorry Brenda - I've no wish to offend. If you have the low-down on this, please share.

1. profile image0

hi no offense. I am a Jehovah's Witness, always have been always will be..... The good thing about hub pages is no one has judged me and decided they dont like me because I am a member of some nutty religion, as they think.   I really dont want to start posting things about my religion on here, I cannot take the abuse that I get everywhere else.  One thing I will say is that we really do  not go round trying to convert people.  We try to get people to read the bible, as we feel all the answers are in there.  People join us and start going round telling people things within a few weeks when they themselves don't really know all the facts, and sometimes get it wrong.  It does hurt a lot, when people say horrible things about my religion as though having a Jehovah's Witness in your house, street, or anywhere around you is the worst thing in the world.  That is only because I am ultra sensitive.  I really am not going to discuss my beliefs on here though.

Fair enough Brenda. All those that have ever knocked on my door have been polite, if persistant. I have my own ideas about religion, and I'm sure plenty of people here wouldn't agree with me either!

1. profile image0

wouldn't agree or would agree.....

Well that is fine if you want mis information passed around like it is and you neded to get that information correct.  We will just get that info elsewhere.
                When you spread the word of the lord in a book the book may not have the factual information and then you spread that and that gets spread out more and --well have you heard of the game children play that they tell the first person the message and by the time it gets to the last person it is not like the original message.  Oral Tradtion and also many other kinds of traditions do get messed up.  I have two hubs on the Book of Enoch that Make Money gave me some very good information and history on and why it didn't make it into the Bible.  Now questions why and what others are out there that are lost just as that book was.

1. profile image0

are you talking to me

If you said that you were a JW, then yes it is to you.  Before you get all upset like EM did in her little thread about Headressing, I assure you I am not going for an argument, just stating some facts as how people work.  I like getting people to think about what is around them, not just from them.

2. Vladimir Uhri profile image59
        Vladimir Uhriposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are guessing and not reading the Bible. 144,000 is talking about the Jewish new believes who would be rapture in the mid of tribulation. ...not or something.

Yeah right.  You just said that it was new.  How new?  I learned this way back in the 70's perhaps.  You read your own Bible.

32. cindyvine profile image69

Brenda, male slaves to keep us entertained while hubby is sleeping in on a weekend!

LOL that would be great!  My husband can sit down and within 5 minutes be sound asleep.  No kidding!  It is difficult to watch a movie with him.

33. cindyvine profile image69

Well, we have to do the pleasuring quickly before the snacks burn and his mates need us to bring them another beer.  Can only remove apron in that short time

So we can keep on our fishnets and stillettos then?

34. Everyday Miracles profile image86

I fear that "submissive" has become such a "catch word" in our modern society that we forget what it means. I share knowledge with my husband all the time. If I feel that he is making a bad decision, I speak up (and he usually changes his mind based on my input). The final decision is always his, but I do have a say and I do speak my mind.

Have a look at Ephesians 5 and please do look past "wives, submit to your husbands." There is a lot of wisdom just in the bit about marriage in this epistle and it is one of my favorite chapters of the Bible.

I personally believe that "loving your wife" means "in the way she needs to be loved." I have noticed a tendency by religious groups in general to paint everyone with the same brush and I don't think that is possible. I tend to be a very independent and even dominant-natured woman: to be painted with the brush of "doormat" wouldn't be appropriate. I couldn't be with a man who didn't love my mind -- I'm too opinionated! big_smile

35. cindyvine profile image69

Yeah LG, if you bring that up with them when they pound on your door at 8am on a saturday, they leave very quickly

36. cindyvine profile image69

Sufi, I've made bloody awesome veggie sausages

If you are happy to eat veggie food, I'm there! - your sausages are legendary smile

37. Lady Guinevere profile image67

What I almost would give to have a hubby that would cook dinner once in a while.  He used to cook very good meals when he was single--so says his two siser.  He said that he would not do that now that he has someone else to do that for him.  He is Catholic and this was never discussed prior to our wedding.  If I am sick he will go to a restaraunt and get food and bring it home.  It has been this way for the last 11 years.  I am kind of not complaining but sort of am--if you get my drift....

38. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

My partner likes to make friends - she invited a couple to the house, and they are visiting next Monday.

We have since found out that they are JW - should be interesting big_smile

39. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Excluding people tends to be a big part of a lot of religions.  Someone else can have my place in that whole rapture thing.  I'd rather my decomposed remains stay where they are.

40. cindyvine profile image69

Yes Amanda, fishnets and stilettos are fine.  Maybe we need to go commando for easy access

Sounds sensible to me, if a little draughty!

41. profile image0

who said what about jehovah's witnesses i missed it... Sufi you will have a great afternoon,

42. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

Nyliram the Islamic world is far from being free of freemasonry.  Lots of Muslims are freemasons.  There's a lot of writings on it.  Check out what this pro-masonic site says. http://www.dailygrail.com/node/5752

43. Lady Guinevere profile image67

The Masons aren't the only big Organziation.  Here is another:  http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Knights-Wife
    The Knight's of Columbus is truly a religious group that has it's presence in almost all countries and growing.

44. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

I was invited to join Job's Daughters, but I had to have my great-uncle fill out a form saying he was a mason.  After all of that my mom would not let me join because she said it was a waste of money.

your mom is briliant

45. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

That was a good 'reason' your mother gave you SweetiePie.

46. Amanda Severn profile image92
    Amanda Severnposted 14 years ago

Would and wouldn't. I used to look at the religious hubs all the time when I first joined, but I weaned myself off them. The arguments go round in circles. People don't visit the religious threads for enlightenment. They mostly come either for a bit of light-hearted fun, or because they have an agenda to promote/share.

47. profile image0

I was very surprised to see how much ranting about religion went on here, and indeed discussion, I suppose because it is from all over the world it does give a different look at things... I have learnt  a lot about others faith but am looking to discuss other more light hearted things now.....

48. Amanda Severn profile image92
    Amanda Severnposted 14 years ago

Lad G. I've always admired your religious convictions and the open way in which you discuss them, but to be fair to Brenda, I think she would have stayed silent about being a JW if I hadn't pushed her on the subject.

49. profile image0

I was never going to mention it, I did not come on here to preach at all..... I just felt like defending myself a bit, when something was said about tupperware parties.

Lady G. you spoke to me a manner I did not really like, and I actually do not have to explain anything to anyone.....

That is quite fine with me.  I wasn't expecting you the "preach" at all.  Things happen for a reason and why you did bring it up is for something or another.  I am not sorry that I asked though.
      BTW I know how you feel in your not telling and the crap you get back for posting them.  I have been there many times.

50. Irene McManman profile image56
    Irene McManmanposted 14 years ago

I’m sorry. I don’t think it was said about blondes…I’m blond by choice not by nature. Does it mean I practice exactly what I preach?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)