YouSayToo is so hot right now with Google

Jump to Last Post 1-45 of 45 discussions (99 posts)
  1. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago

I signed up to YouSayToo over two years ago but did nothing with it. I heard recently that they're getting a lot of Google love.

I'm about to publish a few posts and link through to some of my existing capstone hubs. I'll see how long it takes to index a new published page.

Also, YouSayToo has Adsense impression sharing, 50/50.

1. profile image0
      Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand what exactly Google love is.

darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

'Google love' is when Google quickly finds and indexes your newly published content.

Twenty minutes ago I published something on Roman Emperor Claudius and I've been checking back to see if Google has found it, and just prior to replying to your post it indeed has.

How well it ranks is another matter, but Google still has to find you first.

1. profile image0
          Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I see. Thanks.

2. jennasbigbras profile image57
      jennasbigbrasposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Always great to find more revenue sharing sites with do follow links!

3. viryabo profile image93
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for this info darkside. smile Im off to check it out.

4. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thank you !!!

5. Lady_E profile image61
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cheers

Just a thought - how about posting your profile or referral details on yousaytoo, so people can sign up under you.... if they choose to.

Anyway, whatever you decide - thanks for letting us know.

I think any URL within my account picks up the referral. I *think* that when I'm surfing around the site and being tracked it automatically switches off my Adsense Publisher ID on the adsense ads. Which is a good safety measure. I checked the source code a few times to check if my Adsense Publisher ID was being used. I'll experiment with that a few more times before I'll 100% vouch for that (I haven't seen it mentioned in any faq)

I think this would be a direct sign-up referral: http://www.yousaytoo.com/account/signup?669

But according to my 'Invite Friends' page this is my ref code: http://www.yousaytoo.com/Slappy/?669 which will take a person to my profile page. And if they click on "Join now and start getting revenue!" the referral I shall get.

1. arthriticknee profile image67
          arthritickneeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Come on you lot. All who have not yet signed up, get on board with Darkside's referral link above. You know you want to.

2. darkside profile image65

Snap. I published it a few minutes before posting this thread (36 minutes ago) and the post was indexed 32 minutes ago.

1. Neil Ashworth profile image41
      Neil Ashworthposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Darkside - good info as always!

3. blue dog profile image59
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

thanks for the info.  you guys (and gals) keep me in the overwhelmed mode.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I just joined up smile Thanks for letting us know...

5. darkside profile image65

Apparently you can import your other blogs, but I'm just using their blogging feature. Which is really cool, you can quickly set up multiple blogs categories. I first starting playing around with one about dogs. And now I'm doing a couple of ancient history blogs: Long Dead Greeks and Long Dead Romans.

I'll be using those for backlinks to my Greek Philosophy and Roman Emperor capstone hubs.

6. Himitsu Shugisha profile image72
    Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years ago

It seems I need to look into this.

7. LRobbins profile image45
    LRobbinsposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the tip, I'm signing up as I write this.  I've never heard of it before.

8. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

I looked at the site, but I am unclear on if you can post only blogs or links?
    Can you use it for just backlinks?

Not sure if there's a bookmarking component to it. But you can pepper your blog posts with tasteful on-topic links.

9. mcbean profile image67
    mcbeanposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the tip 'Slappy'

Be sure to friend me up if you join the site.

1. travelespresso profile image68
        travelespressoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the heads up Darkside.  I went over to check it out and it looks great.  I will be sure to go via you when I sign up.

10. oderog profile image47
    oderogposted 14 years ago

Great Darkside, I will sign up for back linking purpose actually am on backlinkig mission this month

11. Ultimate Hubber profile image70
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Seems like they are currently having a downtime.
    "Oops! This link appears to be broken." smile

Hmmmm, they're all working for me.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image70
        Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yup now they are back. I had to view Google's cached copy of them previously.

12. Ultimate Hubber profile image70
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

And BTW, thank you for informing us about this site.

13. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

I am seeing no follow links.

Two outta three ain't bad big_smile (1. Adsense revenue 2. Quick indexing... if the blog posts themselves can get indexed and hopefully rank well, then there's nothing stopping the human traffic from clicking through)

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
        Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it does look like a very nice site.  It will be great for the short, random things that I could write on and have topics for, but don't want to make into hubs yet.

Thanks for the rec! smile

14. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Woohoo! thank you DS smile I must say that you have always let a 'secret' out now and again wink is wonderful to see someone give a helping hand now and again. Thank you! I would hug you but a high 5 will do lol ^5 big_smile

15. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Jioned.
    Now to start figuring out what to do. Takes me a little while to master these things.

Takes everyone a while, even me.

I'd be going through and making friend connections but there is a problem with some URLs and I can't find you guys, yet.

1. viryabo profile image93

I added you as a friend darkside (still figuring out what to do). Thanks for this tip. Maybe i can finally do something about my backlinks. smile

16. wrenfrost56 profile image58
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Thanks for the info darkside, will check it out. (slappy?!) smile

17. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

thanks darkside for the information

18. Jai Warren profile image70
    Jai Warrenposted 14 years ago

Thanks darkside, I'm adding my blogs today. LOOKS GREAT!

19. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

I can't really imagine you as 'Slappy', Darkside. Is there a dimension to your character that we don't know about?

Slappy sounds happy doesn't it.

For the record, Darkside does smile.

big_smile

20. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Thanks for mentioning it.  Maybe besides friending you people on this thread could also friend others here?  (I'm going to look at the site now.)

21. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Im trying to post a blog on yousaytoo but I get this message...

Your blog RSS/Atom feed seems to be short. Please set your feed to full and

what does it mean?  What do i need to do?

x

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What I did was create an RSS feed through feed burner since it didn't accept my Blogger one.

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ummm.. getting more complicated.. feed burner? Oh my.... educate meeeeeeee! x

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
          Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Go to Feedburner.com and they will show you how smile If you have a Google account you use that log in.

2. Lady_E profile image61
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, Shazwellyn, you didn't hang about. lol. Will check out your profile there. I'm split b/w a few Writing websites now, but will defo check later.
      Good Luck. smile

1. Lisa HW profile image63
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Go to your settings on your blog, find "feeds", and check "full" (not "short").

22. Lisa HW profile image63

I'm up and running (a bunch of blogs already on there) on the site.  I don't know how to find/make friends, though.  I'll have to figure that out later. 

One question I couldn't find the answer to (maybe because it shouldn't be a question); but can we add our HubPages profile pages, or do they have to be "official blogs"?

This looks like a really neat, fun, site.  I like its appearance.  (I'm under Lisa_HW - they don't let you have spaces there.)  I need to think what I'm going to do with the blog on that site, though.

23. Uninvited Writer profile image80

By the way, my user name is Uninvitedwri smile I got cut off.

Wanna be "yousaytoo" friends?  lol  I just invited you.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

let us know how it goes. I'm 'computered' out now, so taking a break the rest of the day. sounds like a fun site. I did see DS's Slappy, nice, and the pug article. adorable.

2. viryabo profile image93

Great site YST. Thanks for friend-ing me UW. Now to figure out how to use it.
      I'm also using my same user name (viryabo) as i use here.

24. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

I believe you are already on the front page at yousaytoo. Very impressive. I'm going to have to investigate more, but I have to address some music deadlines first. Might have to wait till after Christmas.

Thanks, DS.

I hadn't even noticed that! Thanks for the heads up!

Being more of a social site with blogging rather than a publishing site with a forum I'll be wanting to friend up every single Hubber that joins YouSayToo.

hmm, maybe I could post my blogs from my old website ... the one that is down?

That'll be a problem solved!

I like how different blogs can be set up on yousaytoo.

NICE! I will definitely take a closer look. I looked at yours and they look good! nice concept with slappy's blog.  smile

25. Uninvited Writer profile image80

I am having trouble linking to my Wordpress blog. It keeps saying to set my RSS to full but I don't know how to do that.

1. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

add this to your wordpress address

your domain here<------/wp-admin/options-reading.php

or find the reading settings in your site..you will see options for For each article in a feed, show

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sunforged, thanks for this tip.  Can you see any downsides to publishing your blog posts on this site?  Duplicate content?

Not sure about utilising the RSS feature, which I haven't looked into, but I'm using it to publish fresh content.

2. sunforged profile image70

Absolutely a duplicate content possibility.

But, as we point out a lot, the duplicate content myth is way overblown, one post will rank over the other...but will only be hidden if they are on the SAME domain i.e. if you have an original blogpost page and an archive page of the same content, only one of those pages should appear in results.

Matt Cutts of google explains this better

http://www.google.com/search?q=duplicat … =firefox-a

But, Do i want to risk outranking my own blog where I get 100% ad revenue in exchange for a service like yousaytoo where i only get 50%..No

So what is it good for?

personally,i set up my wordpress.com site and an old myspace blog to post to yousaytoo, since neither of those sources allow me to monetize properly (my wordpress.com site was actually pulled for use of affilaite links, i had to remove all aff links..then they republished for me) I hoped it would read the feed than republish all the content...it doesnt, it simply will mirror any future posts...since I dont write new posts, other than backlink blurbs to wordpress.com at those sites, the feature has no use to me.

If I can figure out a way to quickly edit or mark a post as new so it is mirrored at yousaytoo, i will be happy.

Perhaps, exporting the wordpress site as a backup, starting a new wordpress site and than connecting the new one to yousaytoo, than importing the backup to create a bunch of new articles would work?

just thinking out loud..ive been trying to think of a way to use yousaytoo since darkisde reminded me i had an account w/ his post

sorry for the muddied rambling..i think i answered?

got our first printed sonogram today a few hours ago and its a bit hard to sit still..11 weeks!

1. profile image0
            R.G. San Ramonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly. As darkside said, he's delivering fresh content.

yes..hope those two different opportunities dont get mixed up by casual readers of this thread, I was only responding to the ability to mirror other blogs within the yousaytoo format

There's a good chance of it outranking ones own content published on other blogs. But that's from the results of just one test that I've done.

1. profile image0
                  R.G. San Ramonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gah... sad

That can be used for your advantage. If you have any articles that have fallen out of favour with Google.

Otherwise, just publish fresh articles, they don't have to be long. 200 to 300 words, and then link one of the appropriate keywords to a hub (or blog post) that you have that is related in topic.

26. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Okay, I'm stupid. For the URL, do I just copy and paste the one from my HP profile page? What do I put for RSS feed?

I was trying to figure out the same thing.  I have my own blogs all up and all set, but I didn't know what to do about my HubPages profile.  (I tried a few things but seemed to keep mucking up.)

27. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

Okay, I finally signed up.  I'm SevenSix there if anyone wants to friend me.  I just friended everyone who posted their username here, but it will be a day or two before I get blogs set up and whatnot.  So busy with other things ATM.  Thanks again Darkside!

28. Laura du Toit profile image73
    Laura du Toitposted 14 years ago

Thanks Darkside - Will have a look - still need to find time to write on Infobarrel but I need backlinks to improve my traffic so am busy on all the sites building baclinks.

Will sign up via your link. smile

29. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Ta Darkside. Been, seen and joined - through you I'm told. I was thanked very nicely too smile

Now published two *whatever they are called* which amounts to two pages of green glee.

I'm having fun doing it too. A very quick and easy to use site. So far anyway.

30. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Well I'd say the site is sharp. Or google likes it. Or something because they do index fast. Both mine are indexed and one's on page four of google within a matter of a few hours.

Good stuff smile

*off to drum up more articles*

31. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I joined tonight via Darkside's referral link.  Added a couple of folks I could recognize.  I'm KCC there.

32. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback, Sunforged and Darkside.  I joined, but am unlikely to post any new articles in a hurry.  My instant reaction was to add my blogs, and I'm sure a lot of other people would too - but it doesn't sound like the best idea.

33. slayer23 profile image58
    slayer23posted 14 years ago

First, congratulation darkside for getting so many referrals smile

I've been a yousaytoo member for a long time. I have to say they've really improved the site over the last few months. I'm getting more from adsense than I did before.

I'm also very pleased with adding my blog there. Even thou my blog traffic didn't change I started earning more from adsense. My  guess is that yousaytoo improved their SEO that's why the entries there are getting Google love.

Sometimes my yousaytoo entries rank higher in searches than my blog entries and sometimes my blog entries are in the lead. It's hard to determine how google ranks them but I don't really care as long as I'm earning more.

Adding hubs or hubpages profiles to yousaytoo won't work because HP's feed isn't full.

Your entries get loads of links at yousaytoo. I'm guessing that's a big bonus for quick indexing.

34. Lisa HW profile image63

I'd think it may matter whether someone's blog already gets lots of traffic or not.  I've had a "three-phase" approach to my blogs, which was to first think up the theme, second use them to "categorize" a lot of the writing I had, and third (not quite there yet) further polish them and turn them into something more than just a "dumping ground".  When I started them, though, I wasn't even thinking about aiming to get traffic (weird as they may seem to some people).  I was thinking more about tying together/organizing a bunch of loose, online, endeavors.  (So, I didn't even care about what name I gave them.)

I don't have great traffic to them; and even now that I'm considering doing a new one "the right way" right from the start; I don't have any immediate plans to take the others down right now (because over time I can shift them into something better) - so, for me, more traffic (even a little more) is better than less.  They do earn a little here and there, but taking the risk and putting them on YouSayTo doesn't mean I have a whole lot to lose.  I do like the look of the way they present your stuff, and the activity level that means everything keeps moving on there.

35. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

It seems YST has more of a social aspect to it: im there as Sunforged , put up a test post, it WAS indexed very fast, not sure how to track traffic or earnings yet though

1. viryabo profile image93

Thanks for friend-ing me sunforged. seems like a great site.

We 'friended' up? Yes?

yep..you were my first friend 

been trying to work out some technicalities before posting more test articles

I have been tracking with a URL channel in adsense...can see about 15 hits a day - so prob 30 visitors mostly hubbers, but my title wasnt researched - wanted to know if i could track at all

have old non-earning blog blog attached with rss..I can copy an old post, paste it into a new post, tweak title and rewrite content slightly and YST picks it up and autoposts it. Thats my first plan for the site since I have a year of stats for that content...want to see what YST will do with it

IS this the site you mentioned your becoming more involved with?

Actually no, Factoidz is the site. But I am taking notes on YST to eventually write a hub.

darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

An update on Factoidz: Factoidz sucks.

A lot of change have been made without consulting or even informing the members. And after requesting that my articles and profile be deleted the Site Owner, Mike Quoc, told me he could close my account, but he'd keep my articles.

In other news, YouSayToo is still feeling the Google love.

36. Laura du Toit profile image73

Does anyone else have problems with the speed of this site. I find it extremely slow and very frustrating to work on. First thought it was my PC but I do not have the same problem with other sites.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I noticed that too - very annoying.

37. Laura du Toit profile image73

Pity because it is really annoying and I want to post more articles there but its a pain!

38. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

Am I missing something -I am seeing nofollow on links on Darkside's blog e.g. http://www.yousaytoo.com/the-greek-phil … des/140927 ?

It was mentioned earlier that links are nofollow, but for me it's not the be all and end all of promotion. The posts themselves are quickly indexed, there is revenue sharing and if human traffic click through to my linked hubs then its a bonus.

39. Lisa HW profile image63

I make no secret of my ignorance here:  How can you tell if there are no-follow links?

There are plug-ins for Firefox but if you look at the source code there's a rel="nofollow" nested in my hyperlink tags.

40. Laura du Toit profile image73

Darkside do you not have problems with the speed of the site?

I'm in rural Australia and on satellite broadband so for almost half a month after I've hit my bandwidth quota I'm shaped thereafter. So I have problems with the speed of the internet in general smile

41. Laura du Toit profile image73

I find it very frustrating as it takes a few minutes to open anything on yousaytoo. Pity because I like the idea of just making shorter posts as opposed to hubs or lenses. Just to increase traffic but I find I leave the site too quickly out of frustration

42. Georgina_writes profile image79
    Georgina_writesposted 14 years ago

That's my planned afternoon gone, I'll now be playing with the site.

43. sunforged profile image70

wow, just checked the front page - pearldiver, two slappy, two lisahw...making a quick impact!

44. sunforged profile image70

just a thought...some of you have already written quite abit, might be worth grabbing your YST rss feed and sticking it into some of your related hubs

45. Lisa HW profile image63

sunforged, Ah...  I see now.  Hey - neat.  (I have a way of just tunnel-vision-muddling my way through stuff and not seeing what's right in front of my eyes on new sites.  lol )  Thanks for pointing that out.  smile   Thanks for the tip about the RSS feed/Hubs.

frogdropping, with regard to your remark about Darkside - same here.  Thanks, Darkside.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)