Have You Ever Experienced the Favor of God?

Jump to Last Post 1-47 of 47 discussions (218 posts)
  1. Properous profile image60
    Properousposted 14 years ago

Have you ever experienced the favor of God in you life?  If so please share.

I can definitely say I have being a single/divorced parent with 3 children. God has touch mens' hearts on my behalf on several occasions.  After all, we are created to win and be on top.  Our God always causes us to triumph.

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I have. My son was born to my wife who was unable to have children. I have many times been handed money from otu of n owhere simply becauser it was needed and not because I asked for it.

Properousposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can definitely relate.  Our God is faithful and His Word is Truth.  Despite the circumstance, if you believe God no matter what.  He will bring it to pass.

I really appreciate your comment it is a blessing and encouragement to me as well as others.

2. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tens of thousands of children who starve to death every day have experienced the favor of your god as they draw their last breaths in agony and despair.

We're still trying to determine what that favor comprises, exactly.

1. GoGranny profile image59
        GoGrannyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can't blame God for acts of man.

3. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess your God just didn't give a damn about the plight of our ancestors.

4. Davidsonofjesie profile image59
      Davidsonofjesieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

GOD has blessed me my whole life,I will be 51 on 3-14 I have good health,never been unemployed or on wellfare not that anything is wrong with that stuff.I love what I do.I married my childhood sweatheart.I have had many bad times in my life and the LORD has helped us through them,one of our kids when very young had a liver desease and friends helped with prayer and when we took her back for more test it was gone.I praise GOD and thank him for being part of my life

That's what I'm talkin' about!

1. profile image54

Willis!

5. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe every Christian experiences His favor every day.
      Humans deserve nothing, really;  yet look what He has given us and how He cares for us.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

roll

2. C.V.Rajan profile image59
        C.V.Rajanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You mean to say non-christians will not have such favors?!!!

1. Jerami profile image58
          Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

God has many children. I think that a Christian recieves favors from Christ only.  The God of Abraham has a number of faces. I have two boys and two diffrent sets of expectations. one for one child and another for the other. They both also have diffrent expectations of me.
             I am the same father but they each see me diffrently.

I thing it goes "something like" that with the God Of Abraham.

2. profile image0
          china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi - sorry you seem to have been ignored by the babblers and their opposition - the answer to your question, in my opinion, is yes they do mean you will not go to their heaven if you do not believe their version of a fairy story.

6. Hokey profile image59
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your God?

7. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what God ?!!
      Pleaaassee !!
      Your god is great and other gods not so ???
      Give me a break !!

8. nikki1 profile image61
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I see Gods favors every day.. when we have beautiful days. Or rain,.

2. cluense profile image69
    cluenseposted 14 years ago

I have been favored by God so much! I could not even know where to begin! God's 's watching over me!

1. blondepoet profile image66
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know I have angels watching over me, they have saved my life so many times.

2. Properous profile image60

I feel ya. 
      Thank God that he sends his angels to protect us from dangers seen an unseen.  I know that the angels of the Most High God respond to the Word of God.  So wherever the Word is being spoken or operated in they work on our behalfs.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So - you must be much more special than all them dead Hatians and Chileans.

Any advice for those drowned slowly in mud by God?

What did they do wrong to deserve that?

1. Cedar Cove Farm profile image61
          Cedar Cove Farmposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What makes you think that God did that?

2. profile image53
          jeanc1121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

suffering is a mystery.  I don't believe that God "decides" to send an earthquake here, a mudslide there, to give one person cancer and not another.  God is loving.  If I couldn't do it because I wouldn't want to cause harm to someone netiher can God.
          'just because I don't understand how the world works doesn't mean I don't believe in God.  I do believe God in His compassion is with the suffering - and apparently so do alot of Haitians who continued to pray and sing to God in their loss. 
          It was Jesus Christ who inspired Mother Teresa to work with the dying and the poorest of the poor - so don't go Christianity bashing.

I think (emphasis "think", "guess" propose) that God started the world in motion, evolution occurred, the human race evolved, Jesus had an incredible understanding of what it means to be Godlike and demonstrated that to us.  I think now, God has given the world what it needs to exist, but it's up to us to learn how to live cooperatively and share our goods, our food, etc - as we try to with humanitarian and diplomatic measures and to establish
          "the kingdom of God" here on Earth - we are but a speck - so who knows how long it will take - but there has been some progress. Women's rights, strides toward racial equality, strides toward equal rights for gays.  Obviously, there's a long way to go and some countries are obviously in need of basic human rights.

Rubbish. Now you are lying and changing your tune.

These things you speak of do not come from a god. Your god is not there.

1. aguasilver profile image70
              aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't feed the trolls....

3. Davidsonofjesie profile image59

nothing!!!they just live in the wrong place

3. elayne001 profile image77
    elayne001posted 14 years ago

God has been very good to me throughout my life. I feel like He has led me through many trials and helped me raise my children with light and love. Through prayer, reading the scriptures, attending church and trying to live the commandments, I become closer to Him. I continue to feel his influence and acceptance in my senior years and I look forward to the time I can see Him again.

I look forward to seeing him again also.  I appreciate your testimony of the good of Lord.

I tell ya.  I don't have any sad stories to tell either.  The blunders of my life have been my own and they did not line up with the Word of God. I am so thankful though that His Word has brought me out.

I too have and am experiencing His goodness.  I live the revelation that  "every good and perfect gift comes from above from the Father of Lights and with Him there is not changing in any situation"

4. profile image0
    china manposted 14 years ago

My life has been a constant amazement of good stuff from my first memories to now. None of them have anything to do with god they are all to do with luck and taking my own chances in life. As a child this was given to me by my parents and others around me, now I get it all by myself.  I do not believe in your god but I am pleased you get comfort in the idea. My reason for posting here is to point out the balance - if there is a god then he gives you little angels BUT others he takes away.

5. h.a.borcich profile image61
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

To me Gods favor is the permeating peace He gives to each of us to get through all things. Sadly there are many who resist His calling to everlasting peace, they choose to become cynical and and promote spiritual desolatation at every turn. God Bless, Holly

1. profile image54

He gives pain and disease to the starving before they die.

1. Cedar Cove Farm profile image61

Perhaps a little time studying before commenting is in order?

1. profile image54

Said the pot to the kettle?

2. Davidsonofjesie profile image59

no that is a gift of man !!! there is more than enough food and medician for all,its the greed of man that keeps it from people!!!

2. profile image0

I don't see much peace permeating out through the crying mouths of starving children, what did they do to deserve such treatment from such a wonderful being, Oh wait - it is the Christian west that keeps them hungry through their protectionist so called fair trade agreements, Oh - that will be you then sitting comfortably bathed in the blessings of god.

1. Davidsonofjesie profile image59

somebody needs a hug!!!

3. tantrum profile image61

like babies and handicapped children. They're very cynical and promote spiritual desolation, I'm sure !
      yikes

6. h.a.borcich profile image61

I am not suprised my words have been twisted. Nor am I suprised by those unable to comprhend the concept of everlasting peace.
    Life is difficult for many people for many reasons. The hardships are many and varied, but all can choose to trust in His peace and eternity. The cynicism and spiritual desolation is not born of innocent children.
    Again, my life is not charmed by any means.
    I know my words will be further twisted, but it will not change the truth of the matter.
      God Bless, Holly

1. profile image54

Your words were as plain as the day is long, they were not twisted, they were followed through with logic.

That would be the everlasting peace the starving find when they leave this life?

You don't have the same hardships as the starving who live their short meager lives in abject poverty while your god attends to your needs. So, it's very easy for you to "trust in His peace and eternity" but that's not the same kind of trust the starving have in your god.

You are absolutely correct about that, the truth will not change despite your beliefs, Holly. Not until you and your ilk begin to understand the truth.

1. Davidsonofjesie profile image59

hi mr. q,what do you know about truth?

7. h.a.borcich profile image61

Whatever. Be as snide as you will, it doesn't matter.
       I posted to a forum thread my thoughts, and it bothered you. Whatever.
       We have always disagreed, and we always will. Are you able to grasp that Q? Yet you still pick it apart. Evolve for Gods sake to something less hostile. God Bless, Holly

1. profile image54

When someone shares their thoughts on a forum and others follow it through with logic to ultimate ends, it does not become a matter of being snide or being bothered, it is a matter of demonstrating to the author of the post the existence of false justification and hypocrisy within the content.

If the author chooses to ignore the critiques, remain stubborn and ignorant and accuse others of twisting their words, they probably shouldn't share those thoughts. Or, at the very least try to understand the critiques rather than just wishing them away.

Hostility will arise when you try to explain away and justify your hypocrisy with ignorance and magic, especially when it comes to the realities of our world and the horrors many are forced to live with every day of their lives while the rest of us live pampered and slothful, comparatively speaking.

No Holly, your god doesn't bless, that's exactly the point many have tried to explain to you as you gleefully continue to believe such things.

It's just one of the many undying questions you and every other believer will never be able to answer without magical justification and hypocrisy.

But at least Holly answered the question posted. If you couldn't address this question the way the author intended then possibly you could have skipped it. It isn't right to badger someone because of believing in God. Some people do, some don't. The question referred to God's favor, not yours!

1. profile image54

It isn't right for those who believe in god to cram it down our throats and force us to provide respect for such insane beliefs. Keep your beliefs behind closed doors where they belong and you won't hear a peek from anyone.

I think that this is good advice concerning many issues ..But   does it apply to BOTH sides of every issue?

But Jerami - you are choosing to ignore the fact that - If you guys did not promote your beliefs - those of us who do not - would have no reason to say we do not believe.

None.

In this instance it is very clear which came first. No believers crowing about the invisible super being - no rational people telling you you are deluded. Simple. I am not going to go around saying I do not believe in god if you guys shut up about it am I?

You don't see me going around saying I am not a tree - because no one is telling me I am a friggin' tree. lol

They are - on the other hand - telling me I am not saved because I do not believe the garbage you believe.

So - you stop telling people you think there is a god - I shut the hell up  - deal?  wink

What if I said that I was a tree?
                   I believe that I have the right to believe/pretend that I   am anything that I want to be. 
                   And If I find someone else that believes/pretends that they are a tree we should be able to discuss the sublect undisturbed.

Here is the problem as I see it.  When a tree stalks you attempting to brainwash you into believing that you should be a tree also, then it would be oversteping its boundaries; and I could expect for you to get your chain saw out.
                  BUT you should only cut "THAT" tree down, not the whole forest.   
                   I love Oak trees in my yard and in my neighbors yard.
                If a limb on his tree intruded upon my house I have the right to cut that limb off at my property line. Not the whole tree.

I think that too many people are going too far beyond their property boundaries.

Yes - I see a lot of christians pointing out that no matter how many other people believe in god and do bad things in his name - no matter how often those other people knock on your door.

That does not matter. You should be allowed to do that as well and we should not respond. Infact - I should ignore all those other hundreds of peopel telling me there is a god.

I get it. You are not responsible. You should be allowed to spread your beliefs unhindered. And any one who tells you this is nonsense hates god and is hate filled. I get it.

Total and absolute lack of accountability or prepared to concede the perfectly valid point that I made.

You stop telling me there is a god - I stop telling you that is garbage.

But - you are not going to do that are you? Because you need to spread the word. No matter the conflict caused. wink

You have never heard me attempting to convert any Atheist.
                    And no one should....

It is the same issue regardless of the subject matter...
                    Atheists. Theists....   Streight.. Homosexuals ... 
                    KKK  anti KKK,   Lumber companies . tree huggers,   
                       Moderates . extreemests   
                      They should all have boundaries
                      They all have a reasonable expectation to express their opinions. 

Who gets to play  GOD   and restrict all other opinions other than their own?

you wont to know about GOD or you would not even be here!!!

2. GoGranny profile image59

Oh That is so unfair...you came here on your own...nobody forced you to read anything here...you're just looking for a fight! The question didn't ask "Can you tell Christians how wrong they are for believing in God"? Now did it? Believing in God is a personal choice. The question was intended for those who wanted to share a testimony...period!

mr.q is that the best you got to tell us to keep it in closet,are you for real!!! tell us about your beliefs,what has GOD done to make you hate so bad?

2. profile image54

The question was addressed. Your god does nothing to feed the starving but does innocuous favors for you and yours. See the hypocrisy?

You are clueless. It is because of naysayers like this that this world is going to crap. Everyone wants to fight over my God, your god, my land, your land, mine, mine, mine. Naysayers want to blame God for the bad things in the world but actually the Devil is having his way for sure...this bickering and unrest is making him stronger everyday. People just can't live and let live and respect each others' differences. All I can do is pray for you. And at least be intelligent enough to know that your bashing WILL NOT change those who believe! Just as I know what I am saying won't change any of you who felt so compelled to put your unwanted two cents on this forum page.

mr.q you are an expert on hypocrisy it is all that you know!!!your god has taught you well

way to go granny

8. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Very well said !

9. h.a.borcich profile image61

It appears your hostility is more likely your inability to tolerate a differing opinion. How sad you feel the need to denigrate anything that is not congruent with your thinking. Do you really think the OP started this thread just for you to pick apart? Whatever, and God Bless, Holly

1. tantrum profile image61

the inability to tolerate a differing opinion is yours. You're the one disturbed ! I'm merely giving my opinion! LOLOL!!
      And any hubber starting a thread , has to cope with all kinds of comments. If not why open it ?
      lol

1. h.a.borcich profile image61
        h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Reread my posts....I never said your opinion was good, bad or indifferent. Your right to an opinion does not remove my right to my opinion. And if you reread the posts, you may figure out I was discussing this with Q - not you. It is disturbing that you assume it is all about you. God Bless, Holly

If you post after me , I assume you're posting for me. and every word of yours matched exactly my comment.
          so It's not that I think everything is about me !LOL
          !!
          Just answering you  lol
          I think I'm entiled to do that ??
          Your funny!

So if you post on a thread before I do, you'll assume it is to you even if I name the hubber I am addressing?
            Yes, you are entitled to answer a thread, yes you can think what you will, but I am also entitled to my opinion.
            I used to think you were at times funny, but not so much anymore.
            God Bless, Holly

LOL
              you didn't named anybody

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/37688?page=2#post862351

It seems you don't remember your own posts. LOL!

Check again...My post was inbetween two posts by Q and I had his name "Q" in there....Learn to read.

Hi China, I come to the forums as I am mostly housebound by cancer. I enjoy interacting with other adults. The varying views are interesting until the attacking gets pathetic. The usual crew with the usual garbage is expected, but I usually focus on the OP. It is the juvenile chiding and demand for the attention on them that stinks and gets old.
                I also agree with your issue - plenty of people abdicate their responsibilities to society by attributing all on God. However, I do know of many whose faith in God gives them the power to try harder for their fellow man.
                God Bless, Holly

lol
                  And do you think  I'll find your words offensive ?
                  Well,  I don't. I know where they come from.
                  You always try  to offend and then blame other for offending you. That's what gets old .

1. profile image57
                    foreignpressposted 14 years agoin reply to this

People! Please! Can we forego the incessant bickering and lay down the weaponry??! This started out as a delightful hub of experiencing the favor of God. It has since degenerated into a slew of vapid insults. I was going to add my contribution: That God has indeed intervened on my behalf. And has done so that I may serve a better purpose. But now I'm not so sure.

2. profile image0

Yes you are - and just because you get attacked does not mean you are being denied it.  I have some sympathy with your position, I have sisters with deep religious convictions - but they do not come onto forums like this where there is a good mix of people and an already heated debate going on between the two poles.

My issue, or argument, is that by attributing everything to a god we avoid taking responsibility for ourselves and the actions of our society.

2. getitrite profile image71

Rational thinkers are merely trying to point out the abject nonsense in your reasoning, but your absurd beliefs will not allow you to perceive anything rational on the subject of your delusional faith.

But it is our right! You cannot take that away!

1. getitrite profile image71

You are right, you have the right to be delusional.  You could, however, do something more sensible with your life, but you're right, you have the right to waste your life on pure nonsense!
          What a shame.

3. Cedar Cove Farm profile image61

Now that's showing tolerance h.a. borich!

4. profile image54

We aren't tolerating your opinions, Holly. We are forced to tolerate the doctrines of your religion which has nothing at all to do with you.

Your religion has nothing to do with thinking and everything to do with indoctrinated beliefs that foster hatred and intolerance, Holly.

It's a discussion forum, Holly. Duh.

You chose to enter this forum thread - did you forget that? So if religion is being crammed down your throat - you are doing it to yourself.
        As stated so many times before - which you apparently forget - you are clueless as to what I believe as far as doctrine. Your psychotic delusion of knowing what I believe is not possible.
        A discussion is something you know little about. It is not just telling the other participants they are stupid. Your notion of tolerance is a joke.
        God Bless, Holly

1. profile image54

You say the silliest things, Holly.

I only know what you post, Holly.

The doctrines of your religion are there for all to see, if you don't abide by those doctrines, then you aren't a Christian. Simple, really.

Did I tell you or anyone else they were stupid, Holly? Why do you make stuff up?

Just because the hypocrisy of your posts is placed in front of you exposed, you bitch and complain about others being intolerant. The fact of the matter is Holly, it is you who knows nothing about discussion.

How cleverly my words get twisted. Discussing a topic with your participation is fruitless and beyond frustration. Take comfort in knowing I have made a donation to the missions of our church in honor of you. You have helped me see how dangerous the myth of tolerance really is. Again, God Bless, Holly

1. profile image54

I suspect that's another fabrication, Holly. Don't waste your money. smile

lol lol

10. TheGlassSpider profile image64
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Here's a question:

Why do some people choose reason over emotion and others emotion over reason? Isn't there value in both of them? I would suggest that HUMAN responses require a healthy dose of each.

Your thoughts?

I think that most people finds that emotion has been the driving force behind their behaveior first before they choose to/or not  to use some degree of logic to influence the direction in which their lives are headed.
         As to why we choose one over the other has something to do with following the course of least resistance.(I think)
         On an individual basis... a person should find a balance between the two that seems to work for them. 
          I would like to think that about half of the world has done this.  The other half of the population has found themselves on one side of the fence or the other.
         It seems that this is necessary for the world to function.
         I could be wrong. But that is the way it seems to me.

11. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Q said...It's just one of the many undying questions you and every other believer will never be able to answer without magical justification and hypocrisy.

You seem to have a very wide brush stroke.. "EVERYONE??"
      I like that....Lets do it together..

"EVERYONE" seems to think that they have absolute knowledge.
    and everyone else is wrong.
      "EVERYONE" seems to be guilty of their own accusations.

"EVERYONE" Does Have A Degree Of Truth.
       "WE"  are ALL hypocrites ("EVERYONE") to some degree on some issue.
       "EVERYONE" wants to talk about the faults of others.
       "Everyone"  don't like it when THEY focus us.

WE "may" be able to convince others that we "could" be correct in our assumptions when we explain them tactfully.

You do not realy believe that you can cram your beliefs down my throat any better than I can mine down yours .. do you?
       We are all guilty to some degree in some respect of those faults that we are so quick to recognize in others.
       We just paint them with diffrent colors or keep them in a diffrent kind of box..

12. kess profile image60
    kessposted 14 years ago

The blessings of God has very little to do with things that sustain and maintain the longevity and comfort of the fleshly body.

These things serve as the primary distraction from and the substitute for "God  True blessings"

God's True blessing is this-
    That One comes to the true knowledge of Himself, to know His origin, purpose and destiny.

13. Pandoras Box profile image59
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

The "favor of god" is a delusional, egotistical, false concept.

14. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Have you ever experienced the favor of God?

Should you experience anything, for which, you give credit to a supposed "GOD", shows a lack of understanding of life and/or even the teachings of your own religion.

The question itself is conjecture, simply because when reviewed, examined, studied and understood...the same self-realization comes to pass.

There is no god.

15. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

I cried to my Gods for help, when life became hell due to my partner being an alcoholic. I was guided to an article site (not HP), which had a question about comparing two medications. The research I did for that article led me to another programme. My partner agreed to try. I asked my Gods for help to find a practitioner; there are not many using this method in the UK. We found one. My partner has now not been drunk for two months while on this method. Previously, he was dead drunk several times a week. I see this as an answer. As you can see already from the plural term I use, my Gods are not of the Christian path. They have answered me, and I am grateful to Them.

I'm happy for you !
      You were able to draw your Gods favours unto you ! big_smile

1. WriteAngled profile image75
        WriteAngledposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The original worshippers of my Gods had a particular method of dealing with Them. Prayers, petitions and offerings were fine. However, if They did not answer, the follower would curse Them, declare that if They refused to listen, They would be ignored, Their temples left to disintegrate into dust.

It's a curious relationship, but one that I find most human and therefore attractive. smile

It means they thought Gods were at Man's service, not all the way around ! lol

If humans were not in existence to worship the gods and care for their temples, it would be as if the gods did not exist.

The operative word is mutuality smile

2. profile image0

Isn't that to do with having a totem ?   where you carve in your symbols and give your god a face and then hang all kinds of symbolic and personal stuff on it - then ask it for 'blessings' - like rain for your cabbage patch etc, then when it doesn't ante up you kick the shit out of it ??  LOL

Nothing at all to do with totems.

I have a totem animal, but that is quite a different matter.

I was referring to bona fide "gods", who were once part of a state religion. They are not taken notice of very much now, but are very much alive and when someone approaches, oh boy, do They take notice.

This is not an isolated example. I have a habit of making libation to the Gods of the place, wherever I happen to travel. I have had many beautiful experiences in response to this.

You see, I accept deity in all manifestations.

1. profile image0

Cool - have you put it in a hub ?  would be interested to read a bit.

My own 'feeling' is that any idea of deity is more a state of mind rather than reality, but as I believe that we know almost nothing I am open to the idea that there is more unknown than known.

2. tantrum profile image61

I can understand that, even I call them Energies instead of Gods.

16. Danny R Hand profile image60
    Danny R Handposted 14 years ago

I keep forgetting that just because we believe in God that we are irrational, illogical, delusional, crazy, and living in a fantasy world! Sorry for taking up space and breathing air that COULD be used by a more intelligent individual. Gods favor kept me from being like you! ALL SMILES

1. profile image0

glad you reminded yourself

1. Danny R Hand profile image60
        Danny R Handposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I rest my case!

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

Just because you believe in the invisible super being? Just because? lol lol

Love the fact that you think you are taking up air that a more intelligent individual could be using. I know you believers love the martyr thing. lol lol

1. Danny R Hand profile image60

My cynical reply to others malicious statements, doesnt make me a martyr. Look who's lost now.

Yeah but you want to be. Jesus complex? lol

That is the problem with "just" believing in an invisible super being and then getting offended that others think it is laughable. wink

Don't worry - I will only ever laugh at you though. No martyrdom for you. sad

2. Danny R Hand profile image60

yada yada yada, have a BLESSED life. Later

17. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

What flavour is it?

18. h.a.borcich profile image61

I too would be very interested in a hub like that from you WriteAngled. By the way, your hub on book indexing was a good read smile Holly

19. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

Thank you, Holly smile

I don't tend to go into detail about my spirituality, except with others of a like mind. I know it would sound outrageous to others, even though it brings meaning to my life.

Hi WriteAngled,
         I can appreciate the want to keep that private. My interest is genuine and respectful. It is a priveldge when others share their spiritual journey even if it is not anything I could subscribe to. Holly

20. GoGranny profile image59
    GoGrannyposted 14 years ago

Everyone who is able to wake up in the morning has experienced the favor of God. Everyone who has lived another day without death or tragedy has experienced the merciful favor of God. Not that God is to blame for tragedy, people and nature cause tragedy. One must be thankful for every tidbit of blessing.

1. profile image54

So, god is good and nature is bad. That's the typical kind of religious nonsense that keeps mankind in the medieval ages. Clearly, you should lock yourself indoors with your bible and never venture outside.

I place blame where blame is due, that is, if your god even existed.

21. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

My life has been fine too. No sky fairy contributed to it though.
    smile

22. earnestshub profile image80

Your god and you tell every person how it is.
    You have nothing to support your crazy beliefs.
    In 2000 years, not one single piece of proof for your dillusions.
    Not one. smile

Yet you still ram this crud down people's necks as "truth"
    What a lot of neurotic nonsense!

23. GoGranny profile image59
    GoGrannyposted 14 years ago

Why is it that some people just can't respect this young lady's question? If you cannot simply answer the question as intended then skip on to the next forum topic!

Because, it would be better for everyone to let go of the foolishness of believing in the "GOD" concept, when you have absolutely no proof to back up the claim. When you talk about it, it is as if, you are lying.

It's offensive, because you don't know or understand the actual true meaning for your life and that you have to learn yours incorrectly, because religion is tainted with mythological stories, and contradictory statements.

The simple fact that the "GOD" concept initiated by religion, as done so, to control the masses and the sooner people wake up to the reality or actually try to make the doctrines of their religion work, then the better off humanity will be in the end.

Delusions and misconceptions back the christian philosophy. It's hurting the rest of the world and stunting the growth.

To me, it's easy to see, to those who religious, they cannot even see their own selfishness, for which, their own religion has beset upon them.

WOW! lol lol

1. Tyrone Smalls profile image69
        Tyrone Smallsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've been to Heaven and I've been to Hell. I was told to tell the world . . . there is a Heaven/Hell just like there's light/dark, good/bad, two sides to a coin, day/night . . . and if I didn't tell the world . . . I was going back to the dark side. To be without God is like being in the dark side. Lonesome, empty, and dark. No life.   

"Ylynd"

2. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The question assumes a god. The same god was assumed when Canada and Australia devastated whole nations of people with this same belief.
      Took away children from their parents to give them a "good christian life"
      They then did what most religions do. Sexually abused the children and used them like slaves.

I don't roll over for your psychotic fairy and nor should others.
      The religious "righteous" make me wanna puke!

3. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's a radical atheist element in the forumns. They only insult and blurt out garbage. Unfortunately they don't like happy people they want everyone as miserable as they are.sad

4. h.a.borcich profile image61

Oh my! A lik eminded person smile Glad to meet you GoGranny!
        God Bless, Holly

24. Tyrone Smalls profile image69
    Tyrone Smallsposted 14 years ago

Yesss ! ! ! I have !!! I was hit by a car going 155 mph. I got in my car at 6:25 pm. and was hit and killed by the car at 6:30 pm.. I was pronounce dead on the highway, revived, and pronounced dead in the hospital. The accident fractured both my wrist, dislocated my left shoulder, lacerated the back of my skull 5 in. (if it had been a 1/6 of an inch lower, it would have decapitated me), cracked my spine in 4 places, fractured 2 ribs, bruised my lungs, ruptured my spleen, and paralyzed me from the waist down for 4 yrs. I'm blessed to say I am completely healed today!!! God bless!!!

I would say congratulations on your healing of all that damage, but since you gave the credit to "GOD"?

I guess you obtained nothing of value, through living through the tragic event.

I guess it was "GOD" who made you all better? And, you had nothing to do with it? roll

Please, you didn't want to die, your will kept you alive. It demonstrates the power of the human will. You were determined to get better. Your effort to push forward and continue is what healed you.

25. figment profile image76
    figmentposted 14 years ago

I feel I have had many favors, but also many fall backs.  The favors are given to me when I deserve them.

26. earnestshub profile image80

The other side of the coin. I got cancer, and while others in the ward prayed and died, I fought on, exercising all day and night, I put all my drips and drains in a pillow slip and ran up and down the hospital stairs. Eventually the oxygen count increased and the huge graft in my back stopped dying and so did I.
    In the critical ward I was in 2 people walked out alive. Me and another non-believer.smile
    So much for prayer!

1. Fluffymetal profile image76
      Fluffymetalposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have done plenty of praying and felt well deserved for at least guidance , but received nothing but harsher times and more things to pray.  I think it just helped to believe something of great power that could make life better just by acknowledging an existence of something more powerful than human intervention.

27. profile image57
    foreignpressposted 14 years ago

So anyway, as I was saying, I have experienced the favor of God. In fact, likely I'd be dead now were it not for God's impeccable timing. I'd be in the freezing cold, sleeping in the back of my truck, had not God provided a bit of unexpected money so I could afford respectable lodgings and a warm meal occasionally. Nobody said this world was perfect. In fact, it's my understanding that Satan rules this planet now. So there is supposed to be upheaval and a penchant to follow worldly ways. This planet is governed by supernatural forces. I know, because I have experienced them. I also realize that there are millions suffering for which I have no ready explanation.

I played the old elisha game; Lord if that is realy you let this rag be wet in the mornin and the next day it was so I said Lord if that realy you let this rag be dry in the mornin  kinda thang like elisha did.  Not exactly, maybe more outragious.
         When I'm listening of the sound of silence echoing off a far away mountain, a still quiet voice comes back with it.

Some might say that I'm crazy; and if so; I like it like that.  they caint bust my bubble.

...So you can't explain why there are millions suffering, but you can explain how God intervenes in your life?  So, what makes you special, while other believers suffer?  That's right you don't know!  Sounds like narcissism to me.

1. profile image57

No, this isn't narcissim. This is called fact. God's timing is perfect. And, for some unexplained reason -- because I consider myself a nondescript piece of crap, I have been hauled out of harm's way to face another day. There is no self-importance here.

You believers just don't get it!  Really!  It's staring you right in the face, but you can't see how woefully unfair and inconsistent your God is, albeit, in your favor. 

I have escaped death numerous times, but there was no invisible entity there, working magic in my favor.  BTW, when something catastrophic happens, what does that imply about God's perfect timing?

A fool and a wise man standing out on the street corner are argueing. Everyone passing by thinks that these two are both being foolish. .. I agree.

Yeah, and being the wise man, I should not engage foolishness!  Good advice.

Being the wise man that you are; I hope that you do.

I will post until I lose interest. I find it so interesting how brainwashed a large portion of the population is.  This is, simply, for my amusement.  I know that believer's minds are festered with the disease of religion.  I'm a former Pentecostal, I know, I will not change a mind controlled by such a powerful affliction.

Atheism.........  God ......... Religion

That is how it is.  Atheism and "Religion" on oposit of the fence.

2. earnestshub profile image80

I was the same, I couldn't see, feel or reason. All banned by the good book.
                    I have been a blinded religionist, probably deeper involved than many, so I say with some authority it is a crock, the lot of it! lol

2. profile image0

How many times should God save you from death before He finally says, "I give up?"

1. earnestshub profile image80

That is an easy one! Want to test it?
              Go to the top of a tall building and fall off. I will give you 100 to one no god is gonna save you even once! smile

As I said before, it was not your imaginary friend that saved my life.  Are you aware of the concept of chance[odds and probabilities]?  Yes, I could be dead now, but by CHANCE I'm alive.  Simple, ain't it?

3. profile image54

Certainly, it is one more time than he gives the starving children of the world. They get nothing from your god at all other than a turned up nose and a middle finger.

3. profile image54

Your god doesn't exist.

Notice how that simple statement explains it all quite adequately without any strings attached, whatsoever.

You're welcome, btw. smile

1. profile image0

Why do you try and force your unbeliefs down our throats?

To stop you from spreading the hatred and lies.

1. profile image0

Hypocrite!!!!

What hatred and lies am I spreading exactly Dent?

1. profile image0

You know exactly what you are doing. You are saying that believers force Jesus down your throats when you do the same about atheism. Anytime the name of Jesus is mentioned "YOU" call it forcing.

If you are going to preach atheism, then you must also live it. Stop trying to force us to not believe.

LOL

And once again you miss the obvious FACT that if you were not spreading your hatred - I would not need to say a word.

I see you all miss that. See me telling you I am not a tree?

Why is that?

1. profile image53
                    jeanc1121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

spreading what hatred?  Who used the word hate but you?

2. profile image0

Tell me something. When did you start living as a christian that you feel the need to post in the Christian Living forum?

You see this is how it is. Christians cannot have a discussion without interruptiuons from the likes of you. This is not posted in the atheist forum. It isn't just posted in religion forums. It is posted in Christian living forum.

Stop being a hypocrite and practice what you preach. Stop forcing yourself into our discussions and let us discuss as we want. You don't even have to look at it. Just because you can does not mean you have to.

I see it as an attempt to have the religion forums removed from HubPages. I truly believe that is why you are such an ass most of the time.

http://api.ning.com/files/sTTWQYa2xsxoLztED4s0JUR9UY8dtbHnAdF7cHVVPkp3LFKr2odrr97l5pb-*ZAbcsStlAcPyK*Kl19AZb7hkl*hGzMexgRz/donkey20oatie20image1.jpg

2. GoGranny profile image59

Yes Mark,
                  That is what Sir Dent is saying! Like I was trying to say. When Properous asked the question she was just looking for like-minded people to express their blessed experiences. When you read the question - it didn't apply to you or Earnest or anyone else who doesn't believe. The question was for believers! No matter how much you barrage this forum with your opinion it won't change anything...To me it appears that you naysayers are showing a bit of mental/psychological distress because you will not win this argument. What am I saying? Oh, geez...How did a simple straight forward question turn into an argument?.....because of the outsider comments that really don't belong here!

If you post on a forum your religious beliefs you're going to get different kind of comments. I'm sure some you wouldn't like.
                    If you're not strong enough to cope with it, don't post.
                    This is a free forum. Everybody's entitled to post their views

2. Cagsil profile image70

Actually, I beg to differ. The TOPIC of the thread ask a question....

Have You Ever Experienced the Favor of God?

There are no non-believer or believer in the question.

It generalized an experience and chalking it up to the supposed "GOD" figure who Christians and many others believe is real.

So, before you jump on Mark...You might reconsider your position. It is irrelevant, what the OP statement says. The TOPIC title dictates.

Thank you for your time. wink

2. tantrum profile image61

Because you're starving for Truth

3. profile image54

SirDent, you may want to retract that statement on the grounds of sheer stupidity.

"Did I tell you or anyone else they were stupid, Holly? Why do you make stuff up?"  Quoted from Q on previous page...

You are a forgetful soul!

1. profile image54

Did you also notice that post was AFTER the one I wrote you? roll

2. profile image0

Really Q? What is stupid about it? Every time Jesus is mentioned. atheists call it forcing our beliefs down their throats. When atheists mention sky fairies, it is not forcing. When they mention God is not real, it is not forcing. Do athesits have different sets of rules?

Stop being a hypocrite, sell your computer and feed some of your starving children. Maybe the starving children aren't as important to you as being able to post insults against God.

28. earnestshub profile image80

You give credit to a psychotic invisible entity for your good fortune? What about the rest of us? You are full of it in my view, you insult the good works of others and align it all to your mad sky fairy. lol
    A top surgeon and a good hospital and my own efforts saved my life. As for the perfect timing of your god, this stuff happens to people every day. They usually see why. You just hand it over to your imaginary friend. lol

Earnest... Why do you want to burst everybody elses bubble.

It is a bubble isn't it? smile Why do you want to tell people fairy tales as truth? I object to your assumption that a fairy runs peoples lives, it is simply ridiculous!

I agree that the picture that religion paints of him is unrealistic. But because peoples discription of you is incorect does not mean that you do not exist.

There is NO Him! Jerami, that's what Earnest is saying!

2. profile image57

You say a good surgeon and hospital saved your life. Yet, for some unexplained reason, you packed your dripping tubes in a bag and started running frantically up and down steps. This is odd behavior, especially for someone dying of cancer. What logic prompted you to start running up and down steps -- which, by your own admission, saved your life? Sometimes God works in an intuitive way. At least with me it does. This is called "listening" to God and He will guide you to safety. This intuitive listening has saved my skin more times than I can count.

I run on my own tuition and use my brain. I asked questions and found my own solution. The exercise increased the oxygen count, and I would not have survived without the decision I made.

I think for myself.The nurse was honest enough to tell me the count was low, the graft would fail and I would die. I know enough about the body to know that the only way to increase oxygen levels to the graft was to do what I did.

I made another decision at the same time. I got some bacteria into my stomach so that I could eat. When in hospital they fill you with antibiotics until they feel safe from law suits. I confronted the surgeon, told him he was killing me to protect himself, and tore the drip out in front of him with a firm "No more".
        I could see in his face that he knew I was telling him the truth.
        We are not all followers.

3. Fluffymetal profile image76
      Fluffymetalposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL "imaginary friend"

29. profile image53
    probafixposted 14 years ago

Nice Reply...

30. defenestratethis profile image61
    defenestratethisposted 14 years ago

As far as im concerned, every time my foot hits the ground its reason to be grateful.

31. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

@ getitrite - Good reply. Sad but true. Although - it applies to all ethnic groups. Got to admit - the entire thing is so passive aggressive it is hard to resist.

Don't worry - life may be shit, but if you praise de Lord, you will get your just rewards in heaven - after you are dead LOLOLOLOL

I mean - it sounds like my mother - "Now - you be grateful - there are people a lot worse off than you - you could have been one of them instead of being the special person you are because the Lord is looking out for you."

Sadly ignoring the millions killed and not really asking why I am special. sad

Look at the people on this thread who feel the need to "grateful" to God - what for? Living? Not being squished like a bug?

Talk about an unspoken threat. This is why I despise this religion stuff. Passive aggressive attacks on your self esteem all the way through.

Be grateful you did not die of starvation and the Lord provided His bounty for some us. lol

1. profile image57

Mark Knowles and Q, A few random thoughts:
      Both of you ask questions that cannot be resolved in a forum such as this. Mankind -- especially the innocent -- have suffered since the beginning. I do know that this planet is governed by spiritual forces that we call good and evil. I also know that, as humans, we determine our own destiny. God is more concerned with everlasting life than with the day-to-day affairs of each and every individual. I also believe that evil controls this planet and the people who wield power. I often ask myself why we get up in the morning. The answer is to make money and to further our own selfish ends. In fact, our sole intent each day should be to help the children who are dying. There is a widening chasm between those who have nothing and those who are extremely rich and powerful. This, I think, is by design. It is one more piece of the larger puzzle that leads to a global holocaust that we call Armageddon. You will notice many events taking place that are leading to globalization. Millions of people are migrating to developed countries. It's as if in one voice they are saying, "Enough!" There is talk of a centralized global bank -- a sort of global, privately-funded Federal Reserve. The North American Union is taking root. The Rfid tag is being implanted on humans (in experimental form). The list is growing. Nobody understands God's plan: Except that Earth is a gateway to something else.

Mark made that reply to me. @getitrite.  I understand what he was saying, in the context of my comment.

32. Jerami profile image58

There a lot of agressive people calling others agressive.

1. skyfire profile image81
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

personal remark and being aggressive are two different things. I hope you understand how to differentiate it.

33. liswilliams profile image40
    liswilliamsposted 14 years ago

@Mark Knowles it's more of a personal thing, if you don't know God of course you gonna ask questions what are these people doing. So yeah, it's more than being grateful that you alive

34. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 14 years ago

yes every day!

35. johnasjurington profile image61
    johnasjuringtonposted 14 years ago

I'm not christian, but everyday I see things which amaze me in a way that I have to say: "There's things so divine out there that we won't ever be able to understand them."

Nature excites me, beauty excites me, but what excites me most are my friends and the people I love; they constantly surprise me and show me that there's more to life and humans than what I think I know of them.

That is all divine for me, and life as such is divine. I don't need to call it "God", "Allah" or "Jahwe" for it to be beautiful, but I'm ok with anybody who wants to call it that way.

Cool dude.

You OK with the ones that tell you God says you should not be homosexual or have sex before you are legally married as well? wink

36. Jerami profile image58

And I bet it "would" be your wifes fault "IF" you were to hit her.  If she wasn't there you couldn't get mad at her.
       People that you do not like have a right to exist. 
       You are starting to sound like the Catholic Church did during the Crucades.
        I always said that we gotta watch out for the things that we hate and the way that we go about hating them or we
    "just might" become worse than the thing that we hate.

LOL

Just not prepared to accept responsibility are you?

Perhaps it is just beyond you to grasp?

I will try once again.

You stop telling me there is a god  I stop laughing at your ridiculous belief.

Get it?

But - please - turn it all on to me once again and attacking you without provocation.

After all - that is the Christian thing to do. wink

37. waynet profile image69

Salt and vinegar flavour?

38. Jerami profile image58

Jalapino poppers salt  and a cold Bud for me.

39. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

WHOOHOO!

What's up everyone? smile

40. waynet profile image69

Smoky bacon flavour?

41. waynet profile image69

Cheese and onion flavor?

42. waynet profile image69

Spicy Tomato Flavour?

No, that one is the FSM. smile

43. earnestshub profile image80

Self explanatory. smile Apologies for adding to my post as you were replying. You are quick! smile

44. profile image57
    Jeffreyjposted 14 years ago

When God tells us to do something, I believe we must obey Him. He wants us to experience His best. A couple of years ago, He told me to "Go" to Bible College. One reason I hesitated was because of finances. He reassured me it was HIS responsibility to meet my needs and He did. The more we get to "know" God the more He reveals Himself to us. Why not trust God for His Results?

1. profile image54

Yes, trust in Gods results and his penchant for keeping vultures alive:

http://www.flatrock.org.nz/topics/odds_and_oddities/assets/wanting_a_meal.jpg

This is heartbreaking! I guess the little one did not pray hard enough. Religion turns my stomach!

1. profile image54

Notice that it looks like he was praying, probably for some of the food the good Christians here grow fat on and thank their gods for providing for them.

How much of a narcissistic ass would I be to think a God would help me find my damn car keys while ignoring the deadly plight of this child?  Seems God's priorities suck!  Religion is for the selfish!  And they still wonder why people get angry at their nonsensical conclusions.

45. marcel285 profile image63
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

2 Nights ago, i was having a terrible nightmare about a demon, that was controlling my life. The dream went on for a while, until i had had enough of feeling controlled and afraid..Starting praying in my dream, for help and protection..My heart was pulsating in my dream, as it was when i woke up as i was praying aloud..Favor of god?

No, just your preconceived belief playing tricks on you. smile

2. profile image54

Too much to eat for dinner, maybe? A bad piece of cheese, perhaps?

46. earnestshub profile image80

"Should people cheat God?  Yet you have cheated me!  "But you ask, 'What do you mean?  When did we ever cheat you?'  "You have cheated me of the tithes and offerings due to me.  You are under a curse, for your whole nation has been cheating me.  Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple.  If you do," says the LORD Almighty, "I will open the windows of heaven for you.  I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in!  Try it!  Let me prove it to you!  Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease.  Your grapes will not shrivel before they are ripe," says the LORD Almighty.   (Malachi 3:8-11 NLT)

(Doesn't it seem really stupid that an all-powerful God claims he can bring food and grapes to the masses but he can't even feed himself?)

47. Lor's Stories profile image61
    Lor's Storiesposted 14 years ago

I think God is tired of answering me. So he sends angels.
    Angels at my bed.
    Angels in my head
    Angels in my heart
    Angels sent when loved ones are apart.

1. profile image54

With all that angel activity, do you think you god might send some angels to the starving with a loaf of bread or two?

"Give us this day our daily bread"

smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)