I`m Leaving The Hubs Too.

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 89 discussions (314 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Rick Marlowposted 14 years ago

I found hubs several months ago in hopes of making some money. I laid brick for 38 years of my life and my heart valves were destroyed with 2 heart attacks,so it left me dis-abled.
       I got involved in the forums hoping to make friends and exchange lifes views with like mannered people. Having been a believer in Christ all my life I thought the forums Religion and Beliefs would be a good starting place.Over the last couple months I`ve exchanged thoughts and sentiments with some here and found it pleasant but for the most part,it`s become tiresome and distasteful. I`ve never had a desire to go to other forums as my interest and background have always been religion.But I wish to say that I have never seen such disrespect for God anywhere in my life.Never have I seen or heard such hate and filth spewed at the God who reigns on high.
        You unbelievers and atheists know who I am talking to and there are several believers on here who should examine themselves as to your relationship.
        I`m sure no one will care and it will be a big laugh after I`m gone but what`s sad is that in the end, when it`s all said and done,if you`ve made the wrong choice it`s too late and your mocking laughter will be turned to anguish. I hope some of you wise up and realize you are not your own little god in charge of your life to do and mock as you see fit.You were created by a God who will hold you responsible for your deeds.
        I no longer think I need to be a part of something so Anti-Christ.I`m pulling the plug tomorrow . Good luck to you all,we will meet in eternity.Rick Marlow

1. glendoncaba profile image74
      glendoncabaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Rick:

Or you could accept the reality:

1.  Religion forum is really an international ecumenical gathering and not a Christian convention.  That truth hit me early.  Plus the dominance of nonbelievers.

2.  Many of us who are used to a conservative Christian culture find it hard to deal with the forum hubber who is typically secular postmodern professional with militant atheism and liberal views on alternative lifestyles.  He does go off on a defensive tangent sometimes but we Christians could learn a lot from the bold but always researched Make Money, the Roman Catholic apologist (we dont see eye to eye but what the heck, the guy is tenacious and stands up for his faith).

3.  Several of the believers here are existentialists; quite happy to just live and let live.  Those who survive in the forums are the nice people who are content with the world as it is.  No evangelism, no persuasion to try to change others.  No bible study.  Either you will be laughed to scorn, or sooner or later someone is going to accuse you of being patronizing and hateful. 

4.  Then there are the extreme religionists who spew blood and fire on everyone else.

Quite a mix!!!  It's a place to sharpen your faith if you are very tolerant, but can turn out to be a waste of time.

Dont be an exile.  Just reduce your participation.  Holy Spirit will guide you as to how and when to add your tuppence worth.

How about you bloom where you are planted in your own town, family, church.

1. Bovine Currency profile image60
        Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said.

2. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

From onr Rick to another Rick, they are the losers they miss out on a chance to be involved with good people and no one has too many friends. Don't let them turn you around but be prepared for very little success promoting your religious convictions. We can't let them get their way unchallenged or we'll be ruled by tyrants! Hang in there brother.

3. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I, for one, do care. It isn't that hard to stay out of the forums. The best way to make friends is to comment on other's hubs.

4. yoshi97 profile image56
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Rick ... You're one of the guys that gives God a *good* name, unlike those who tear it down by making believers look like zealot fruitcakes.

Interestingly enough, its these zealots that get the non-believers going and it's as much as a bating from both sides, with each tearing apart any chance at a real religious conversation.

Does the Bible discuss evolution vs, creationism? Does the Bible discuss how old the Earth is?

These are issues brought forward by zealots and non-believers to create a battleground where one doesn't belong.

I don't blame you for walking away from the religion forum Rick ... I all but walked away from it myself. But I'll not allow myself to be extricated altogether.

My friends exist throughout the site ... and I chose to ignore those I see as just goading me for material to get my goat.

So, go if you must ... or stay and have your presence be known. I, for one, enjoy having you around. smile

5. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like you are in a position to adjust your attitude towards hubages (meaning you don't work ft) and see it for perhaps what it really is:  a way, it you try, to make some $$.

The forums (all of them, basically), of late aren't very serious or containing substantial debate.  Just a bunch of attackers (not everybody, but many), really.

If I were you, I'd just limit my participation in those and aim to look at writing here as more of a job.  Nelle Hoxie, just recently (and quite a few others) have had excellent success at turning a real amount of money.  Take a look at what they have to say.

Don't let the trolls and silliness get you down.  It isn't worth it.  Turn this into something favorable for you...write about your experiences in a hub, for example.

smile

6. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sad

as a "non believer" who posts in the religious forums, i have had my wings singed many times (butterfly wings, not angel wings wink

a couple of times it really upset me, but when that happened, i avoided the religion forums. i went back this weekend and same story, but i'm not going to let a handful of people make me leave something that is important to me. the religion forum is not HubPages, just as any one forum here is not HubPages. just avoid the religion forums and write hubs, maybe, but don't take this away from yourself.

7. ANTI-CRUSADER profile image57
      ANTI-CRUSADERposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeh, you are very right. Hubpages team does not even take notice of reporting such kind of ignorant folks.

1. Make  Money profile image67
        Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You got that right AC.  Sometimes I wonder if there is anyone even administering these forums at all.

The church doesn't judge, only God is the final judge so there is a good possibility that Rick might meet his brother again in the future.

If you happen to read this Rick then take care of your health, have a nice Christmas and God bless.

8. mobilephone guide profile image61
      mobilephone guideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey man, take it easy.

9. Paraglider profile image87
      Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Rick - I am not a believer but I don't recall ever being rude or aggressive towards you. I'll happily wish you the best of luck in whatever you choose to do next. But I could wish that your final message to the company here had not taken the form of a threat of 'anguish'. That was unbecoming.

and again.

10. oderog profile image47
      oderogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Peace

11. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How Sad that you feel the need to make an excuse in the form of blaming others for a decision you have made in a moment of madness!  You choose to fail by your own volition... Don't pass your crumpled buck to the rest of us!
      BTW.. I actually thought you were a well balanced mind!
      Clearly I was wrong again!!! - Who can I blame for that I wonder? hmm
      Good Luck in your life.... a side effect of depression is often anger!

12. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You dont need to leave.  Life brings its challenges and if you can inspire one person, then it is all worth it.  You need to be non effectual and spread love.  Love is the only worthy thing during the lives that we live, whilst we are here.  I hope you reassess and spread the love, rather than allow the rage to grow. xx

13. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the kind parting words. big_smile

I have never mocked god in my life. I mock his fan club regularly of course. Why not? I think you need to rethink the whole "hate" thing though. Just because some of us do not subscribe to your world view - this is not the same as hating your imaginary friend.

I personally will be sorry to see you go. I can see you have had some tough things to deal with recently - but sorry to say - aggressive religionism will never be the answer to that.

I have seen a lot of people get aggressively religious when things are going wrong in their life - and I genuinely think this is detrimental to your health and prevents you from dealing with the issue.

But - I am glad of an opportunity to use my new catch phrase, for which I thank you.

I am not anti-Christ.
      I just don't like lies. wink

Go in peace.

14. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
      GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh sorry to hear that from you my good old friend and feel your sentiments... That's life here... smile

But someway somehow I still be able to stand on my ground and protect my principles and beliefs amid the ridicule and scorn whipped out by some individuals here...

Good luck to you brother, there are a lot of people here that shares your own beliefs they just afraid to go out in the forums to give their views though... smile

I am impressed with this post you have here I hope I can keep and touch with you... wait my email... smile

15. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope you will reconsider and think more about it, maybe it will help if you take a break for awhile..

16. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

And, never in scriptures have I read such hate and filth spewed at those who don't believe in your god. Nor, have I ever seen so much blood spilled for your god over the last 20 centuries.

1. profile image0
        thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really?

50 million killed by Joseph Stalin

11 million killed by Adolf Hitler who used evolution to justify his killings

2 million killed by Pol Pot

Plus the millions of other Christians martyred and persecuted annually

All of the above used evolutionary thinking to “cleanse” the human race and thought removing God would speed up evolution and solve the worlds problems(sound familiar), but does it ever work? No, and it never will, because sin is the problem, and God is the solution.

To be fair I’ll list some of the things I always get:

The Crusades- 300,000 killed

The Salem Witches Trials- 18 killed

1. profile image54

You would have to be fair, first. You were not.

1. profile image0

How so? Does the truth hurt!

1. profile image54

I saw no truth in your post. Sorry pal.

1. profile image0

Blind!

1. profile image54

Not really, you're just making it up as you go along, anyone can see that.

2. tksensei profile image59
          tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You left out the 40 million or so who died under Mao.

1. profile image0

Oh yes, thanks

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60
          Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jerry Falwell

4. pylos26 profile image70
          pylos26posted 14 years agoin reply to this

by god...now thats a lot of dead christians!

17. profile image54

Btw, does your god agree that you're trying to make money off him?

18. Sa Toya profile image83
      Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I too am religious/spiritual and a believer in God. I suppose I'm more of a laid back open minded believer.

I believe everyone is free to believe as they wish but must respect other beliefs. However I do not believe you have shown much respect here as your words are harsh and somewhat judgemental.My intention is not to offend you but you do make some rash, self righteous and condescending statements here that's all.

God also makes the point that we should look at our own issues before others.

I am sorry it has come down to you making the decision to leave. It is disheartening considering I've only joined 2 weeks ago and to know people are leaving I don't feel very hopeful for my own hubs.
      I do think if you took the time and spoke more with those that do not share your beliefs you can find common ground. Religion shouldn't hinder from making friends or sharing thoughts.

I do think you should stick around for a bit. It just might be worth it. However if you feel there is no other alternative- I get it and GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS

19. Himitsu Shugisha profile image72
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you believe in Him, as you say you do, then wouldn't that give you reason to stay and have your point of view read?

20. juliereneephelan profile image59
      juliereneephelanposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    21. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Rick, I think you need to take a deep breath and get some perspective.  You're not going to find a site where there are NO atheists.  You may find a site where religion isn't discussed, but that's not the same thing. 

Just because there is a small section of the HubPages forums where religion is discussed and which generates a lot of ill-feeling doesn't mean you have to leave HubPages, because

YOU DON'T HAVE TO JOIN IN THE FORUMS TO WRITE HUBS.

It's perfectly possible to make money without ever going near the Forums, because other Hubbers are not your paying audience. 
      In fact getting bogged down in the forums can harm your earnings, because you'll spend time writing posts instead of writing Hubs.

I rarely join the religious debates because I don't need to.  I stick to the Hub-related threads, where strictly Hub-related matters are discussed.  You would have been well advised to do the same.  There are plenty of Christians on the site, happily going about their business and leaving the children to have their silly arguments.

22. Bredavies profile image60
      Bredaviesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey everyone has their own views. Not everyone is going to beileve in what you beileve in. But should you really quit something you enjoy because people have different beiliefs? The world is full of people who don't beileve..So are you going to lock your self inside your house because of it? Maybe it is wrong for people to go all nuts about it and be like "I hate god and hes not real and you are dumb for thinking he is" But it is also wrong to push religion down the throats of others. People will beileve in what they want to beileve in..Thats how it is

I hope you don't leave because of this..

23. VAMPGYRL420 profile image73
      VAMPGYRL420posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think anyone's God wished for us to place judgement on others. If good Christian people would step forth without attacking other's points of view, I think some us would be willing to be a bit more tolerant...Like attracts like; Tolerance attracts tolerance. I wish you the best, Rick...Adios!!!

Love & Light,
      Windy Grace

1. Bredavies profile image60

I agree!!! Like does attract like! learned that in the secret!

24. profile image0
      James Agbogunposted 14 years agoin reply to this

1. That you are quitting-for the above reason-is a surrender.
      2. You should have done more by publishing some Articles to convince other men on why your faith is attractive.
      3.Zero hubs, over 200 posts, over two months? Have you been too engaged in Arguements?
      4.Am not naive to infer that there are no Extreme Antagonists. But tolerance is very essential.
      5.There are diversed religious views in this forum.
      6. Why are you a Christian?
      7.Have you examined your own view point?
      8.How do you expect to make the money by just posting on the forum?
      9.Are you leaving in defeat?
      10.I wish you come back to make some corrections and enjoy yourself. Perhaps, eventually, you will get to your ultimate target.

25. Rhianni32 profile image70
      Rhianni32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

So someone disagrees with your beliefs and instead of leaving peacefully and turning the other cheek like you are instructed to by Jesus you delete your hubs and leave with a spiteful hateful post.
      And people wonder why nonbelievers are so frustrated with so called christains.
      It is an honest pleasure to meet and talk with a true Christian who tries to live his life and not live other peoples.

26. wsp2469 profile image60
      wsp2469posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Look, you really need to not take anything on the internet so seriously. Some people here who give others shit would be afraid to do so in real life.
      Do what you want but don't let others make the decision for you.
      Besides, you have to know that God has a sense of humor.  So you should, too.  These people have up until their dead to change their minds so don't expect miracles. . .yet anyway.

27. pylos26 profile image70

No reason to put off until tomorrow what one can do today. So..."sympathy seeker"...why not go ahead on and pull that plug today.

28. Friendlyword profile image61
      Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Consider this: A lot of good people who love God and Christ have to defend themselve from Christians. I'm not Anti-Christ. I love God. I just happen to be a Gay Man. Here is an example of what I have to defend myself against.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqNq5ICpF4&NR=1

Just because you have a smile on your face and you are quoting from the Bible; you are attacking people, and they have a right to defend themselves. You are not the injured party in most cases.

29. profile image0
      khmohsinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Irrespective of the fact that who follows what religion, to show disrespect for anything is highly unethical. Being an atheist does not give any one a warrant to criticize anyone else's religion or God.
      If we want to "Live, and let live" then we should adopt patience and civilized manners or otherwise we have already made a whole mess of this world.

Give it up.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

According to my god - people of your color need to be sterilized.

Please report to a clinic on Monday morning for the procedure.

Thank you for tolerating my beliefs. wink

3. Make  Money profile image67

Well said khmohsin.  You have my respect whether you are an atheist or not.

1. tantrum profile image60
          tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Something you should LEARN make money !

BTW Thank you for the laughs ! lol
          About what Pylos wrote about you, of course !! lol  lol

2. profile image0

Agreed.

I can believe that from you Lita but by and large, that just isn't true on here or in reality elsewhere.  Religion is founded on intolerance.

1. profile image0
              pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I'm not sure I agree, even though usually Lita and I are on the same page.

If someone is espousing religious principles that denigrate others or seem harsh or delusional or both, and they are  doing it in a public forum, they open themselves up to critical analysis of their beliefs. I've seen to many 'religious' people here say abhorrent things about others then scream bloody murder when anyone disagrees or calls them out on it.

Religion should not be a free pass to bully and promote ignorance.

1. profile image0

I agree with you, too, Pam, wink.  But then again, you can be counted on to generally give "critical analysis," rather than raw vitriol.

I'm just finding Hubpage forums are more and more lacking in seriousness...  And it might be that 'elitist' in me, ohhhhh, I don't know, but I'd also say it isn't very interesting to me.  And I'd rather take part or read something a little less prosaic.  Most of the stuff here doesn't cut it at this time.  On occasion, someone from the old crew, or a new forum writer will appear with something interesting to say, but that is like finding a diamond in a haystack, so to speak.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

I agree Lita.  Most of the forums seem to be either aggressive and rude, or Twitteresque and trivial.  Sometimes you'll see a whole string of posts of one or two so-called "clever" lines.  Can't see the point, myself.  But, each to their own - I simply ignore the vast majority of threads these days.

3. Mark Knowles profile image58

LOLOL

Tell us about the respect you have for women who choose an abortion Make Money.

Tell us about the respect you have for those of us respect scientific knowledge.

Call a me Hitler or Commie again because I accept evolution.

lol lol lol

Respect? - you do not know the meaning of the word. If you had your way - hubpages would shut down any one who spoke against your invisible super being. wink

1. profile image0

LOLOL lol " scientific knowledge" LOLOL lol
            I’m sorry your irrational faith in Atheism is misplaced. But you don’t need facts you have faith and pastor Dawkins. Speaking of Dawkins now I know why you won't debate your pastor forbids it.
            Got the link this morning! Thx spiderpam!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlnVe934u38

http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-cant-they-win-a-debate

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

Sorry your beliefs have been proven false - you must be very angry.

But - attacking me because science has proven them wrong is not really helping your case. In fact - I am getting a tad fed up of Christians hiding behind fake user names and attacking me. I know it is because god is too pathetic to defend himself, but still......

Rather sad don't you think?

I Will offer ryou a public debate - in fact -

I hereby challenge you to a one on one public debate here on these forums.

You must first register a new account with your own name and where you live - then I will happily debate a single point with you.

You may of course confer with your cronies - but only you may speak.

I will happily agree some ground rules and see if we can find a single point to debate.

1. profile image0

Classic evasion, I love it. You still owe your church 100 hail dawkins.
                I accept!

2. profile image0

Okay I don't a large range of email addresses(like yourself) so I will use this account. I accept your challenge!

No. You will register a new account using your real name and where you live. I am not interested debating with yet another faceless nonentity who changes user names whenever they feel like it.

You can get as many free email addresses as you need here:

http://mail.google.com/

1. GardnerOsagie profile image59
                    GardnerOsagieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Done!

2. Make  Money profile image67

Ha Ha.  The communist militant atheist Richard Dawkins is too busy to debate William Lane Craig. lol

Shhh, don't talk about the Fight Like A Girl Club. lol

Cool Hub.

Chimps and tobacco have the same number of chromosomes, 48.  Same ancestors? lol

Humans have 46.  Amoeba have 50.

Chickens and dogs both have 78.  Identical twins? lol

What do you think about that Mark?

How ... um ... logical is that? lol

30. marinealways24 profile image59
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Honestly, You are pretty weak minded to leave forums because people don't agree with you. The reason nonbelievers make more sense on the forum is because they are more logical than the believers. If you would learn something from the logical, you might actually see a point instead of crying when someone insults your emotionally driven dependent government faith.

31. cblack profile image56
      cblackposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry it was such a negative experience for you. Good luck in the future!!

2. quietnessandtrust profile image60
    quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

~Shalom Rick

3. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Is there a big exodus that I don't know about? I know Ryan Hup left for work related issues but are others leaving in a rage?

I don't think you found what you were looking for here Rick but I hope that you do. The religion forums can be brutal and there is a true distinction between this side or that and the line has been crossed many times. I hate to see you let your potential with hubpages go just because of the forum though.

Take a little time to reconsider. Maybe you just need to take a break from the threads here in the forums. If not, then best of luck to you.

4. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Well Rick, I wish you didn't come to the point you need to leave Hubpages over others viewpoints. I believe everyone can have there own view on god and religion regardless of what it is, but I think some of the arguments are stupid and stay out of them for the most part. Really, people are a lot funner in other topics as they are not looked upon so seriously.

If goodbye is what it must be than farewell!

~thranax~

5. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I'm sorry you feel that way. And I know that you are talking to me when you said about the believers needing to think about our relationship. I am comfortable with my relationship with God and my athiest friends.

So good bye!

6. UPStar profile image61
    UPStarposted 14 years ago

Although I think there are mostly serious people, it is a bummer that angry atheists successfully monopolize any true discussions about God. I am certain that is thier intent. I hate to see a true believer leave. Sorry to see you go. What will you be doing now?

7. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Please don't leave although sometimes I get lazy with commenting I have always enjoyed reading your hubs. sad

1. destiny55 profile image59
      destiny55posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i hear you, my freinds! u ar really sensible!

8. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

I don't know you very well, Rick, since I'm fairly new here, but it's nice to talk with you even if you're on your way out.

I usually end up taking a break at different times from engaging in the forums of any site I frequent.   It's sometimes necessary and usually good.  A kind of hiatus before re-entering the field, so-to-speak.

I understand how you feel;  been there, done that; and may do the same again someday.

At any rate, I wish you well, and never ever let go of the Faith!

9. profile image0
    Chopsticksposted 14 years ago

It would work well for you to not take it so seriously, God doesn't. 
    No one will be punished for not believing, none of us will end up in purgatory or hell.  A lot of people talk trash about "God" for shock value and for believers to take the bait...live and let live and peace be with you. smile

1. profile image0

There is a lot of truth here. Most of what is said is simply to get something started.

1. pennyhowington profile image59
        pennyhowingtonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with this, Rick. Choose your battles and let your work bless those it was meant to bless.

It seems they don't know how to do it !
          Maybe you can help ? lol

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now now, that's not what the Bible says.
      ...Except Satan's attempts to coax Eve....sounds very similar to that!

And so it goes.

10. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

you said:
        'You unbelievers and atheists know who I am talking to and there are several believers on here who should examine themselves as to your relationship.
        I`m sure no one will care and it will be a big laugh after I`m gone but what`s sad is that in the end, when it`s all said and done,if you`ve made the wrong choice it`s too late and your mocking laughter will be turned to anguish. I hope some of you wise up and realize you are not your own little god in charge of your life to do and mock as you see fit.You were created by a God who will hold you responsible for your deeds.
        I no longer think I need to be a part of something so Anti-Christ.I`m pulling the plug tomorrow . Good luck to you all,we will meet in eternity.Rick Marlow'.

I hope I will never meet you again
    You are offensive, and have the nerve to say atheists are ?!
    goodbye !

1. profile image0

lol Thanks for the laugh!!!

lol lol
        you're welcome !
        as I always say, I love to make people laugh ! big_smile

2. Bovine Currency profile image60

Also well said.

3. DogSiDaed profile image60
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

*applause* big_smile Someone who speaks true smile

11. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Petty churlish thread. Typical religionists. Because people don't agree to some outrageous claim made by you from some book, you cry foul. Pathetic!

12. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Rick, I just found your hubs a few days ago, and have enjoyed what I have read.  There is so much more to HP than the forums, and I find the religious forum to be the worst. 

I don't enjoy seeing the name of God repeatedly trashed, so I don't go there.  I find the religious forums to be some of the worst available.  However, I have met many fun, wonderful people here.

I agree with SirDent:  The best way to make friends here is to comment on peoples hubs.  The comments are not full of trolls, looking to stir up dissension.

13. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

hey, Rick, don't let the forums send you away~~ or at least don't lump all of HP into the absurdity of some of these forums.

there are more hubbers who don't participate in the forums than do.  just continue writing and read other hubs and make comments.

nobody's better than anyone else here~~~~

whatever you end up doing, I hope you're happy. smile

14. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Rick I don't know you at all from HubPages - probably because I don't go into the religion or politics forum very often - if at all.

You said that you came to make money, because you are disabled. There is indeed money to be made at Hubs, if you create hubs to sell things. And as Lita said treat it like a job. So why not join the other side of HubPages, where we encourage each other to produce hubs and make money. I think you'd see that we can be quite an encouraging bunch.

Join the 12 days of Christmas challenge or the 30 Hubs in 30 Days challenge. Or just exchange tips and encouragement with us. You might be surprised by the camaraderie of those of us who are here to "pay the bills."

15. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Don't go, Rick! Just stay away from the religion forum. I'm a Christian, and I don't like some of the words I read there, either, but I don't let them get to me. God gave us freedom of choice, so others have the choice to not believe. I choose to believe.

16. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Take care of yourself and hope things work out better for you.

It was nice to meet you. Good luck.

17. Bovine Currency profile image60
    Bovine Currencyposted 14 years ago

Rick,

If you leave hubpages, you will be missed by some, or so they say.  I will not speak for others.

What I find interesting in this thread is your anger.  This is not the first goodbye speech I have seen and I am sure there have been others and also more to come.

You have made yourself clear. 

I do not believe in your god and I find it offensive that any person wants to shove their beliefs down my throat. 

I will not go to hell and my deeds will be judged here on earth.

Perhaps the hub voice of religion needs to think about that before crying abuse about atheism.

It is a strange phenomenon that Christians on the forums are only ever called to order by the non-religious(non believers).  If Christians (or other religious faithfuls) want acceptance, it is they whom have presented the most prejudice and that should be the first place to look. 

No good to quote the bible, openly and blatantly judge others and then when faced with the opposite end of the debate, leave in a huff and the tired old, you will be judged by god.

I am usually quite a tolerant person and admittedly I fell out of order once or twice.  I was banned once and I have learnt.  Now I only argue with logic, I would find it a profound disgrace if I would be banned for that. 

If you want to believe in god, fine.  Your faith, your business but as much as non-religious hubbers have made a presence on religious forums, the problem is elsewhere and manifest by religious beliefs in gender, social, politics and other forums, those beliefs being defended with equal militant vigilance and with hurt and hate in mind, this is ego driven fanaticism, not about faith.

18. Bovine Currency profile image60

I must concur with Pearldiver, I had the same opinion, I don't have any unpleasant memory of you.  I was a little shocked by this.  Maybe you should reconsider?  I am sure we can all just forget it.  I cracked a wobbly only a few days in and people encouraged me to stay.  I am glad for that decision. 

If you don't like religion forums just stay out, there are many other ways you can relate to the community.

19. itcoll profile image61
    itcollposted 14 years ago

but why leave hubpages?you can just stop involving in the religion topic and discuss about something else.You can write hubs and comment on others hubs.

20. jacobkuttyta profile image44
    jacobkuttytaposted 14 years ago

Don't quit.  Fight till you win.

21. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

In your first sentence you said you came here to make money. Well I'd stay if I were you and just stay out of the Religion forums. I don't even go there, I don't think. It doesn't interest me, but I don't knock those who believe either. Live and let live.
    Keep your goal in mind, don't waste all that hard work you put into your hubs. You are here to make money. Stay.

excellent point about the money.

22. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Oooooops! I'm on the Religion forum now, amen't I? LOL, shows how much notice I pay; I just read the post headers not where they came from.

23. cheaptrick profile image76
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

I rarely make a serious comment here but I hate to see a good writer, and there for teacher to some of us, leave.
    I would like to point out that atheists are not the ones attacking you,its the anti theists who give us a bad name.
    True Christians are very rare these days.
    Unfortunately Christianity has become a religion of convenience and status to most.
    I spent an entire quarter taking a course whose only focus was on reading the Bible in the three original languages in context.
    That Bible made perfect sense to me.
    Christians like you are the life blood of your religion.
    Please don't leave!

24. blue dog profile image60
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

"You unbelievers and atheists know who I am talking to and there are several believers on here who should examine themselves as to your relationship."

see, this is a part of the issue.  there is obviously much good advice for you in this thread.  perhaps sift through it and find that which is relevant.  not much sifting required.

how do you associate making money on hub pages with posts in the religious forum?  when you figure that one out, let me know, as i might even take a moment to reflect on the meaning of your god

if you're paying attention to other hubbers, you'll see there are a variety of ways to make money here on hp, so they claim.  find a style that interests you and go for it.  although it's interesting that you start a discussion on leaving, as several melodramatic sorts have done here, the reality is that you should just leave.  people by nature are caught up in themselves.  in america, the missing of your presence in the religious forums, or anywhere else for that matter, will be replaced by the next event that's only a tiny bit more sensational than your announcement (like the sun will rise in two and a half hours, and i can't wait). better yet, it's 4:30 a.m. and i must go walk my dogs.

rumor has it that if you want a religious experience you should attend church on a sunday morning, or mass on a saturday evening.  at last count, fredericksburg texas, a town with a population of less than 9,000 people, has over 50 churches in the community.  pick one.  the world is full of them.  chances are that if the church were taxed, religious discussions would pipe down to the level of discussions about the weather.  what, tax your god?  i know, how unexamining of me.

that religious experience you seem to be so desperately in search of will not be found with your monitor tuned in to hubpages.

25. Laura du Toit profile image74
    Laura du Toitposted 14 years ago

Pity- I think one has to learn to differentiate between your writing and your religious beliefs. I know a minister who plays rugby. Rugby players can be pretty uncouth and we asked him one day how hw manages to play rugby and not get upset about the language used by rugby players. His answer was that when he plays rugby he is a rugby player. When he is off the field he is a  minister. That way he gets to enjoy a game of rugby and still remain true to his faith. Hubpages is first and foremost a publishing site and you could easily still write hubs and enjoy it. Hubpages is not evil and should not be made out as such just because of a handful of people who basically enjoy arguing their point. Don't join in - its not compulsory and don't leave because of people who you can choose to ignore.

26. Bovine Currency profile image60

on the note of arguing a point,

is there anything wrong with that?

like hubs, forums can be used for different reasons.

Is the point of forums not to debate?  I think some people are a little unreasonable in their desire for lack of conflict.  After all, the world would be a little boring if we were all the same.  I did something very similar to this thread but I was more dramatic, I had a real nice sook but I can live with that.  I am more proud to admit my mistakes.  It would be a damn hard way to live without admitting the fact.  We all makes mistakes. 

Humility, not humiliation.

Take some time out if you need it Rick, maybe you are still reading this thread, I don't know but a lot of what has been said here by all posters is relevant beyond this particular issue.

27. Sufidreamer profile image80
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Have to agree with some of the sentiments here, Rick - if you really want to use HP as a source of income then ignore the religion forums. Nelle and Yoshi gave great advice and it really is worth looking at Hubs by sunforged, Mark Knowles, Darkside, Nelle and many others to learn the techniques required.

Maybe you could see HP as either a place to make money or a social site - at the end of the day, if you can make a four figure income every month (as many do), is it really worth leaving due to the bickering in the forum?

I would be sorry to hear you leave - I hope that you reconsider! smile

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67

I think I like Sufi's and its great enough though... Reconsider it hehehe Rick you have awesome talent waiting to be unfurled, Sufi's ideas are great you know, just ignore the religion threads just like what I am doing... big_smile Please my good ol' bro... smile

Hi pdh...

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi GH, congrats on your articles about education!

Now I know what you are pointing to, I love you very much pdh... big_smile

I just saw last week's HubMob weekly topic hehehehe... big_smile

Hi Presigo...

28. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Rick, if you want to earn some money, I would suggest just focusing on writing hubs and articles for other sites.  If you need a forum fix, go into the forum but not the religious forum. 

Hubpages is about writing, its not about the forums, only a small percentage of hubbers use the forums.  There are some awesome writers on this site, with a good fan base, who I have never seen in the forums. 

Best of luck on your decision.

Well said Jane... big_smile

29. Presigo profile image61
    Presigoposted 14 years ago

I am glad to know there are people like Rick out there. I have been here a short while and have found that the serious articles do not get the same play as the kneejerk ones. Many do use this forum as a safe place to vent their discontent or anger, the lack of intimacy that the internet allows. I believe that the expression of opinions with a heart of love may not help others, but it helps me. I no there exists people who hate God, as well as those who are struggling to make sense of it all. So I try to endure the hatred and realize that God will do what He will do in the hearts of others, If He chooses me to help in a small way with one soul than I am truly blessede. Rick, I hope you reconsider and do stay, and perhaps getting away from these forums will help, dealing with hatred gets very hard, but Christ was emersed in it.

30. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Gee Rick...Sorry to see you pulling the plug. I see what you are talking about in the reigion forum...but I believe you could steer clear of it...and still benefit from being on Hubs...and given your "Christian" perspective on your Hubs!

31. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

just write and avoid the forums specially religious once, it only creates havoc, those forums

32. Haunty profile image74
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

I hope that by the time you come back tomorrow, you'll have changed your mind, Rick. There are many aspects of Hp as you know. If you have come to work then don't look at Hp as a religious discussion board. No one forces you into the religious forum.

I don't know you, but yoshi says you're not one of the God Squad, so I hope you stay here. It's possible to make friends, it's just that you might have been trying to connect with the wrong people.

And if there is anything I dislike about those who preach religion is that they threaten. I like to think well of people, but when they threaten it kind of reveals them to me and I get disappointed.

33. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

Rick, I am sorry you feel the need to go, but as many have said, this site is not just the forums and allowing your experience on the forums to influence your overall opinion of Hubpages is just not wise. For all that you say about those who disrespect God and religion there are literally thousands of hubs that hold God high and do Christianity great service, but it requires effort and the desire to seek them out. Spending most of your time on the forums will not and is not going to make you any money neither is writing a relatively few hubs. You have got to do research and the footwork to make this site work for you, and apply yourself. Additionally you have to branch out and be willing to explore new subjects and areas of writing.

I do understand your faith and love for God, but once again its  time to be honest with yourself about why you are here, is it to make money or evangelize? Do not presume to judge other believers for their lack evangelizing and or preaching. This is a writing site developed to make money through writing articles and hubs, not the church pulpit.Many believers on this site are here to write and make a buck, just because they do not use it as a vehicle to spread the gospel in a method you approve does not make them any less of a Christian or you a greater one.

I think you need to be real with yourself and your motives. There is alot more to the hubapges experience and community then the forums. Using them however as an excuse to cover your disappointment and realization that it takes hard work and determination to become a successful writer is misleading and just immature. If you want to leave then go, if you're unsatisfied about your earnings then get with some successful writers and learn how to be more successful. I'm scaling back my involvement in HP as well especially the forums. I'm starting college and finding I have less time available. I too am disgusted at times with the behavior of people on the forums sometimes my own most of all, but I knew the nature of the beast going in as did you. Be an adult and control your own actions and efforts, don't blame your failures and disappointments on the forums or those who disagree with you. No one made you participate or engage, but you.

34. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

No sense in commenting anymore he is gone. sad

1. profile image0
      lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just bumping this so all might see Rick is gone. Sad, but true.

35. flread45 profile image59
    flread45posted 14 years ago

Hi Rick..
    My point on your veiw of making money on hubpages is;
    write more hubs and do not get into forums about religion,as you know by watching t.v.that religion is one of the biggest causes of wars.
    As for you not making any money,you will have to write more hubs and be noticed by seo's.This means your hubs will have to be informative on subjects with at least 500 words,and the joining of adsense,so you will be recognized by google.
    Some real good hubbers to learn from are aevans,ryanket,darkside,nelle,mark knowles.
    Ask and you will recieve!!))

36. spiderpam profile image74
    spiderpamposted 14 years ago

I know you're gone, but I still gotta say Goodbye and God Bless!

37. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

You're right. You can't post anything here without a personal attack. These aren't non-believers debating. It is always a put down, sneer or snide remark. They are on ever forum demanding you prove something. Yet they offer no proof.

We are all humans with feelings.

Yes - It is awful how professional writers will point out when other people steal work. Very bad form. It must be very upsetting for the thieves to be publicly accused.

Awful. sad

38. juliereneephelan profile image59
    juliereneephelanposted 14 years ago

I am so sorry you feel that way.  It must be hard especially during this time of the holiday season.  Which hub are you going to write to?  I have enjoyed your writing, thought and participation.  I wish you wouldn't leave.  Would you reconsider?

39. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I don't know you, Rick, but best wishes with the whole health thing.  It is, I think, too bad that anyone thinks what's goes on in the religious forum is what goes on on HubPages, in general.  It isn't.  I've see on other sites (Helium is one) that forums are sometimes separated into groups who "all believe the same thing" in order to avoid insults and fights.  I used to think that was a childish way to do things (as if someone wants to preserve some false sense of agreement on a forum).  These days I'm not sure that, when it comes to religion, that's not a better way to do things.  I, personally, don't go to the religion forums very much; because I don't want to be irked by other people's beliefs, and I don't want to be insulted over mine.  Half the time people just say stuff to bug everyone else in order to get some attention for themselves.  I didn't come to HubPages to get aggravated.

I, personally, think the religion forums ought to be eliminated; and then there wouldn't be confusion about whether this is a writing site where people can earn money or else a site for talking about religion.  It would still give people the option to write Hubs on their own religious beliefs, without having just about everyone of any belief be insulted at one time or another.  In the meantime, I can't see anyone leaving this site over religion - leaving a church over religious beliefs, sure; but leaving a writing site?  Why do that?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

I don't think it's necessary to get rid of the religious forums, but I would dearly like to see the forum setup put back the way it was.

These days, because the first thing you see is the "latest posts" on all forums, the religious debates really hit you in the eye.  Previously, the first thing you saw was the list of threads with the latest post in each - which is how it works on most other sites, too.

With the current forum setup, I can understand why some people think the religious forums are what HubPages is about, because it dominates the forum page.  I know you can set up your own custom page but that doesn't solve it for me - too many people won't bother to do that.

40. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Bye then...shut the door on the way out, this place is not for everyone!

41. livelonger profile image87
    livelongerposted 14 years ago

Am I missing something? How do you expect to make money on HubPages by publishing *no* Hubs and only commenting on religious matters in the Forums?

I thought He had hubs?

2. Sufidreamer profile image80
      Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He has closed his account and left us - he had quite a few Hubs.

Shame - I liked the guy sad

1. livelonger profile image87
        livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah, OK. smile Thanks for the explanation.

1. Sufidreamer profile image80

No worries smile

2. Bredavies profile image60

Thats sad. sad

3. Mark Knowles profile image58

I liked him too, but he could be pretty hardcore. Anyone doubting their faith is going to be put to the test, and I know his brother killed himself recently. When you have hardcore beliefs - that is not a good thing, because God does not look kindly upon that if I remember.

1. Sufidreamer profile image80

Didn't know that - that is a very tough situation. When you wrap yourself in words of iron, it is difficult to bend and adapt without breaking something.

At least if he reads this thread, he may find some comfort in the kind words shown by the vast majority of Hubbers smile

1. Misha profile image62
            Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Sufi, I'm glad your old and tried pic is back - I like it much better smile

42. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Huh. Yeah, no hubs. Can't make money with no Hubs.

43. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

He left people. LOL not sure why people are still talking to him but he is gone.

44. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

He did? I never read any. My loss. Oh, well.

45. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years ago

I agree with what someone else above posted -- you don't have to use the forums -- just continue to write hubs and read others'

To late for that.."Rick has left the building"

1. Sa Toya profile image83
        Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He left already!
        Oh I suppose no on got through to him...Oh well!

nope. sad

2. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

He took off with Elvis. Apparently there is a better party elsewhere.

ahaa nice. smile

46. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Me too.  You people suck. mad

Well..if thats how you feel. haaha

47. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

James Rick deleted all of his hubs before he packed HubPages in.  He left in disgust, which I fully understand.  That's 2 Christians in 2 weeks that have packed HubPages in for the same reason, lack of proper administration of these forums.

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeh I get that. If someone gets sick of being told they are going to hell and replies, that needs censoring! lol

Those who pack it in are behaving like spoilt children.
      Nobody is buying my fairy tale so I'm leaving sob! lol

lol

what about paybacks, makemoney ?
        Are you rich ? lol

Yeah Madonna, why don't you put some close on. lol

1. profile image0

I second that!

Human body is God's creation.
              you believe that ,don't you?

2. pylos26 profile image70
            3. pylos26 profile image70

A predictable response and a second coming from what could be two old gays disliking natural beauty revealed as a threat to themselves.

But pylos26 you probably think that a 50 year old tattooed lady wearing a mini skirt up to her but is natural beauty. lol

I do.  Well....depends on the girl I guess but the tatts and the age doesnt matter.

2. tantrum profile image60

lol lol lol

2. tantrum profile image60

Why would I ?
            It's almost summer here ,and very hot !

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60

Very hot indeed.

1. pylos26 profile image70

Very very hot indeed!!!

very hot, isn't it ? lol

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60

If there wasn't a clear cut case against being a religious fanatic already, those two just certainly made one.  If appreciating the beauty of the female form is a sin - please send me straight to Hell.

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

who else left recently? hmm

I don't keep up in these religious threads.

JimLow was the other one rebekahELLE but looking again it wasn't in the last 2 weeks, it was in the last 4 days.  Here's Jim's thread
        http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/29135

48. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I love the threat attached to his leaving. So much like I would expect from a fundy!
    No sympathy here for this hate filled individual.

49. elayne001 profile image78
    elayne001posted 14 years ago

I used to participate in the religion forums often when I first joined. I guess a group of people so diverse will rarely agree on anything, so I just decided if the topic led to name calling and negative feelings, I would just go somewhere else. There is plenty of good here at hubpages - more positive than negative. Just need to look for it.

50. wsp2469 profile image60
    wsp2469posted 14 years ago

Just be happy you never pissed off people like I did.  A couple people didn't like me speaking my mind so they flagged some of my hubs.  Since then I have had two dozen hubs flagged and pulled "off air" mostly because of my pics.
    They managed to drop my score from as high as 89 to somewhere in the low 50s BUT they did NOT manage to make me shut up.  In fact, being on probation, I now know more about what you can and cannot get away with than most people and am now less vulnerable to a flagging attack.
    You cannot let other people silence you.

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have often wondered if someone would flag hubs when they disagree. That seems gutless and cowardly to me, and I would never do it.
      How do you know this happened? How can you tell?

1. wsp2469 profile image60
        wsp2469posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was here for months . . . literally.  Then i went into a forum and started voicing my opinion.  Shortly after that, there were 2 days--4 or 5 months apart where I had over a dozen hubs flagged for things such as over-promotion up to some of my picture choices and word choices.
        Mind you, once admin. saw some of my hubs it is highly possible that they were forced to look at more of my hubs BUT my point is someone had to point me out to them.
        So my score--which was as high as an 89--dropped into the 50s.  Still, I now know more about what you can and cannot get away with than most people--not that that's a lot since not everyone gives me specifics unless I ask very nicely.
        At any rate, now i shoot off my mouth more than ever and as I learn about the rules and limits i become less and less vulnerable to flagging.
        Plus, being on probation my hubs are approved before they are published so even if I am flagged again my newer hubs won't be pulled because they were already pre-approved.
        i was a quiet guy until someone f*cked with me.
        So be careful about pictures you use--always have potential replacements--and when you write something the least bit graphic pre-censor or be prepared to censor /rewrite it so if your hub DOES get pulled you can edit it immediately.  if you are flagged for no good reason admin might just ignore it.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)