Pinterest Board for Great Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (47 posts)
  1. Kathleen Odenthal profile image89
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 9 years ago

Hey guys, are you on Pinterest? If so, check out my board "Hubs Worth Reading". I am currently accepting more pinners, as well as recommendations for pins! Happy hubbing smile

<link snipped>

1. ChristinS profile image41
      ChristinSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I use Pinterest a lot for promoting hubs.  Would be happy to join in.  I just followed your board.  smile

2. raymondphilippe profile image88
      raymondphilippeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Kathleen,
      Also followed you and your boards on pinterest . Also have a board dedicated to hunpages http://www.pinterest.com/iamraymondphili/hubpages/

3. marieloves profile image70
      marielovesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I would love to join. I followed you (under Marie M.) and would love a follow back.

4. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I look forward

5. The Examiner-1 profile image61
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes I am Kathleen and I am following your board.

Kathleen Odenthalposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I cant find you! :-O What is your username on pinterest?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image61

Look up Kevin G on Pinterest. I also have  link on my profile here at HP.

lots of Kevin G's! Lucky for me I saw the bird picture!

1. The Examiner-1 profile image61

I never looked it up, that bird goes with me everywhere. It was my favorite when I first started bird watching many years ago.

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
            Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm following you at P; love your boards on animals, especially the bird photos.

6. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
      LuisEGonzalezposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Glad to see the effort as every little bit  helps.

Yes! I am stoked by the fantastic support so far, I am headnig back over to the board now to make more updates smile

2. Kathleen Odenthal profile image89

Awesome smile Just added you!

1. alkanarula profile image59
      alkanarulaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hey Kathleen I followed u ...do follow me back smile

3. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image95
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 9 years ago

Just followed the board and would love to be added.  I love to pin.  Thanks.

4. Janellegems profile image60
    Janellegemsposted 9 years ago

I am on Pinterest- under Janelle Priscilla.  I do post a lot of my Hubs on various boards. I just starting following you on pinterest. Love if you followed me back. Thanks.

1. raymondphilippe profile image88
      raymondphilippeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Janelle,

Follwed you too on pinterest

5. Kathleen Odenthal profile image89

Absolutely! Ill go on now smile

6. Kathleen Odenthal profile image89

thanks guys! following and adding now smile so glad to have you all!

7. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

I checked my pages but I don't have any worth reading.  So I just put a link to piece of crap instead on my own garbage board.

Pinterest banned me a while back anyway.  Remember the nine in ten rule.

tbh Pinterest never did anything for me.  Some people do OK with it.

1. SpaceShanty profile image93
      SpaceShantyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Nine in ten rule?  Please explain.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
        Mark Ewbieposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You are supposed to post nine of other people's stuff to one of your own.  It is an unwritten standard rule for sharing - FB, Reddit, wherever.

I wish you hadn't brought me back to this thread - but as I am here...

What is the point of this post and this board?  Is it to get people playing the look-at-me-look-at-you circle?  Does that help either the writers or HP advertisers?

If it is truly 'great' hubs then presumably an editorial board would be set up and maybe select one hub per day - plus nine posts from other sites and other 'great' writers of course.

But it isn't that - is it?

In my opinion it will be another reason why Pinterest will - yet again - ban HP in a while.

There you go.  I had been trying not to come back...

Personally I loathe, detest and hate the sharing circles.  But hey - maybe it is just me.

1. SmartAndFun profile image94
          SmartAndFunposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw this thread. These things always start off with great intentions but end up getting HP banned from Pinterest, and the board gets filled up with random hubs that don't really belong together.

I hope I am wrong and this works out well, bringing in thousands of hub views for everyone joining in.

1. Ericdierker profile image45

Wow what anger and frustration. How sad.

1. SmartAndFun profile image94
              SmartAndFunposted 9 years agoin reply to this

????

2. psycheskinner profile image83
              psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Frustration at something that has already happened twice--All of Hubpages getting banned from Pinterest because of spamming.

8. Sue Adams profile image94
    Sue Adamsposted 9 years ago

Hello Kathleen,
    What a good idea. I followed you, follow me back so I can start pinning on your board. My Pintrest name is SueAdams (one word), same avatar.
    And thank you for giving us another promotion outlet.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Following you too, SueAdams! Nice variety of boards!

9. profile image0
    spahi992posted 9 years ago

Followed you, follow me back.

10. alkanarula profile image59
    alkanarulaposted 9 years ago

I am there too @Kathleen and @Sue Adams

11. Kathleen Odenthal profile image89

Hey guys! Im going on now to follow back and add new pinners. If an hour goes by, and you arent added, let me know, I am trying to make sure I got everyone!

1. profile image0
      spahi992posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the add

12. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 9 years ago

I have the same name there in Pinterest. I would love to join you Guys. Thanks for the info.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

I followed you too. smile

13. Purpose Embraced profile image84
    Purpose Embracedposted 9 years ago

I'm following your board Kathleen.

14. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

I'm on Pinterest, Kathleen, I'd love to be a part of this. Should I log on to find you or just pin one of your hubs?

1. ologsinquito profile image84
      ologsinquitoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Please feel free to follow my group board named Natural Remedies and Healthy Lifestyle, if you'd like to be invited. Sometimes the invites don't work, so if it doesn't let me know, and I'll keep trying, or I'll let you know that I had trouble.

Here's the link.

http://www.pinterest.com/ologsinquito/n … lifestyle/

Right on, I love your stuff! Thank you.

15. ologsinquito profile image84
    ologsinquitoposted 9 years ago

Eric, the invite didn't work this time. I'll try again tomorrow. If it persists, the only way around that seems to be email.

My friend it will work in time. I live each day on borrowed time and so any wait is like a time that I did not have yesterday. You do so much for our hurting cancer patient community I will follow you anywhere you breathe life. Thank you

Thanks for the kind words Eric, but I need to give all credit in this area to hubber Kelley Eidem. He's the resident expert.

16. ChristinS profile image41
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

Pinterest has a feature now where you make group boards for sharing content by topic - I think sharing favorite Hubs on this board with other hubbers hardly constitutes Spam.  What is spamming is taking ones own hubs and posting only those, or repeat posting over and over and over again to multiple different boards etc. 

I have used Pinterest successfully and I share hubs a lot - I also share a lot of other material and have well-developed boards that a significant number of people follow.  I've been on group boards before and if they are handled right and people don't abuse the rules, they shouldn't result in an HP ban.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

We shall see.
      In the past they didn't banned individual hubbers, they banned the entire Hubpages. I think it is a reasonable concern that they could do so again because they actually do treat us as if we are just one entity.

For this reason, I only pin a limited number of hubs per day, my own and others. I also do a lot of re-pinning on topics of interest.

17. Kathleen Odenthal profile image89

If spamming becomes an issue, I will cut people from the board, but right now it is working out great. I wasnt aware of the past problems with HP and pinterest

18. Kathleen Odenthal profile image89

I was unaware of previous issues between HP and Pinterest, but thank you for alerting me as I can keep an eye on what gets shared, how often it gets repinned and ensure that the board doesnt become spammy. Right now, it is working out pretty well I think

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)