Who were you on Squidoo?

Jump to Last Post 51-100 of 104 discussions (155 posts)
  1. DrBillSmithWriter profile image65
    DrBillSmithWriterposted 9 years ago

All 157 lenses transferred with just 14 red skulls, which were easily handled, I think. Deleted a few, fixed the others. What fun. Now, need to upgrade the rest. Very well done, transition team!! ;-)

DrBillSmithWriterposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This is my transfer name, was DrBilltellsexcitingstories at Squidoo. I've been here, awhile, writing my historical fiction, family saga, stories, as Homeplace Series, and as DrBill-WmL-Smith. Great place to write.

1. kerbev profile image83
        kerbevposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Boohoo!

I will miss your old name.  It always made me smile.....because I believe I always read it wrong.
        Dr. Bill, Tell Sexciting Stories!

2. jeffryv profile image63
    jeffryvposted 9 years ago

Who were you on Squidoo?

Me smile

3. Tim Bader profile image70
    Tim Baderposted 9 years ago

I was tim-bader-982 on Squidoo.

I'm now simply "Tim Bader" here on HubPages.

4. Deborah Swain profile image82
    Deborah Swainposted 9 years ago

I was Debs on Squidoo

5. MerylV profile image80
    MerylVposted 9 years ago

I was merylvdm

6. profile image0
    Colin323posted 9 years ago

Colin323 there, here, everywhere.

7. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 9 years ago

I started as relache on Squidoo on April 10, 2006.

I started as relache on HubPages on July 31, 2006.

For my biggest account transfer (yes, I had multiples), I went with schwarz so that my profile page now reads "Schwarz, Rae Schwarz" when you view it.  That's where you will find the content that you remember me for from Squidoo.

I think I'm going to just put different hair-colors for my avatars.  Also, due to rules about multiple profiles and posting (you can only be one persona in the forums), this is the one I will be using.

8. pkmcruk profile image69
    pkmcrukposted 9 years ago

pkmcr on Squidoo and already had an account here in that name so have added UK to become pkmcruk

9. LisaMarieGabriel profile image86
    LisaMarieGabrielposted 9 years ago

LisamarieGabriel here, I was Photahsiamirabel on Squidoo. Still waiting for my pages big_smile

10. Richard-H profile image84
    Richard-Hposted 9 years ago

waxing-lyrical at Squidoo and I will be looking after my late wife's ex- account: justbon-crochet-designs...

11. kerbev profile image83
    kerbevposted 9 years ago

I was kab.  Sometimes KAB!  :-)

12. profile image0
    DreyaBposted 9 years ago

DreyaB both here and there! ;0)

13. smine27 profile image70
    smine27posted 9 years ago

Great idea. I'm was smine27 over at Squidoo and here as well. Glad to see many familiar faces over here.

1. TJHousel profile image87
      TJHouselposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Smine!

14. Ahdilarum profile image60
    Ahdilarumposted 9 years ago

I am ahdilarum in squidoo and now in hubpages..

15. aidenw profile image67
    aidenwposted 9 years ago

I am aidenw both on Squidoo and here.

16. tazzytamar profile image81
    tazzytamarposted 9 years ago

I was Anna-Hofman-98 nice to see a fellow squidoo user smile

17. Titia profile image92
    Titiaposted 9 years ago

Kept my real name on both: Titia

I'm gonna bookmark this thread so I can link my newborn lambs of the last years to their namesakes on HP if they're still here.

18. aka-rms profile image61
    aka-rmsposted 9 years ago

I was rms on Squidoo.

19. Cari Kay 11 profile image87
    Cari Kay 11posted 9 years ago

Titia, did you ever get a photo of grown Cianna?  smile

20. PippiDust profile image78
    PippiDustposted 9 years ago

Hi. I was Pippi2011 on Squidoo and I'm PippiDust here.

21. LPerry60 profile image74
    LPerry60posted 9 years ago

Hello everyone. It's nice to connect with other Squidoo wagon trainers.

I was LPerry on Squidoo and here I am LPerry60. I kept the same avatar because I just can't part with it.

My 46 lenses made it through yesterday. Fourteen of them came through pre-decorated for Halloween with glowing red skulls LOL

DrBillSmithWriterposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I had 14 red skulls out of 157 transferred. Most were easy to fix. One is very persistent… does not have what it says it has, so kind of hard to fix!! So, just letting it sit! ;-)

22. profile image0
    debW07posted 9 years ago

Same as here, "DebW07"

23. PatriciaJoy profile image87
    PatriciaJoyposted 9 years ago

I was PJ_Deneen at Squidoo but I already have a HubPages account with that name.

24. marlies vaz nunes profile image82
    marlies vaz nunesposted 9 years ago

I was vazzie in SQ, and marlies vaz nunes here.

25. Dressage Husband profile image68
    Dressage Husbandposted 9 years ago

I was Stephen J Parkin at Squidoo and am Dressage Husband here having a really old account here under my real name, which I never really used.

26. greenqueen09 profile image58
    greenqueen09posted 9 years ago

Hello all, I have the same name  " greenqueen09 " here and at Squidoo.

27. Brandi Bush profile image79
    Brandi Bushposted 9 years ago

I was mamabush over at Squidoo...so happy to see so many familiar faces/names here!

28. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 9 years ago

I was relache on Squidoo, and I've been relache here for eight years too, so that's who I'll be in the forums.  My main Squidoo account is now under "schwarz" here.

And as not a newbie to HubPages, I've got some stuff posted to help people move.

29. Charito1962 profile image87
    Charito1962posted 9 years ago

My Squidoo username is still the same here on HubPages - "Charito1962".

30. mjkamrul lm profile image60
    mjkamrul lmposted 9 years ago

My squidoo name was mjkamrul and now here is mjkamrul Im though I have had my another account here for years. I'm thinking to continue both if there's no problem. Thanks all my squidoo fellow members

31. profile image0
    CoeGurlposted 9 years ago

I was Coe on Squidoo.

Now I'm CoeGurl.

1. melbel profile image93
      melbelposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's awesome. My blog is actually CodeGurl and I go my CodeGurl almost EVERYWHERE besides HubPages. Crazy stuff! tongue

1. profile image0
        CoeGurlposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that is crazy! I would have kept "Coe" for HubPages but it was taken. It took a while to come up with a new name yet keep the "Coe."

32. Marja79 profile image59
    Marja79posted 9 years ago

I was Marja79 on squidoo and still am heheh.

33. lisln profile image77
    lislnposted 9 years ago

I am also new here from squidoo I went by the name lorlinda I am now busy trying to update my hubs into being what they expect so that is taking me some time. Glad to be here, seems like an awesome site to be at.

34. profile image0
    julieannbradyposted 9 years ago

I was JaguarJulie on Squidoo - now julieannbrady on HubPages. Although I had/have an old HP account that was never used with the jaguarjulie name - probably need to delete that one.

1. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Maybe not.  It can be beneficial/useful to have multiple accounts on HP!  I would suggest just leaving it because you might want to use it some day.

35. Akitajitsu profile image82
    Akitajitsuposted 9 years ago

I'm happy to see some name I recognize!

I was akitajitsu over there too.

36. KarenTBTEN profile image74
    KarenTBTENposted 9 years ago

I was the same... KarenTBTEN. I didn't ever hit the transfer button, but today the email came telling me I'd been imported. I haven't done anything but look at a few things.

1. favored profile image62
      favoredposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Karen, glad to see you came.

1. KarenTBTEN profile image74
        KarenTBTENposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ah, another familiar avatar! Hello.

2. Margaret Schindel profile image95
      Margaret Schindelposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Karen, so glad you've joined the migration to HubPages, even inadvertently! wink

37. shellys-space profile image59
    shellys-spaceposted 9 years ago

My former user name was Cosmeticmom and my avatar had a lady in curlers. Now, I go by Shellys Space, and my real name is Shelly Sellers and the photo is really me smile

1. Nancy Hardin profile image60
      Nancy Hardinposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Shelly, glad to see you here on HP.  It's a good spot for us, I think.

38. shellys-space profile image59
    shellys-spaceposted 9 years ago

Hi Nancy! How are you doing? I think things will be better here after all the bugs are worked out.

39. takkhisa profile image65
    takkhisaposted 9 years ago

This is takkhis!

40. amkatee profile image60
    amkateeposted 9 years ago

Despite being squishy aquatic creatures, squids are so warm and fuzzy.  I'm glad to see many familiar faces.  I just had my squid birthday. I'm 6!  My profile name was amkatee.

41. JanieceTobey profile image83
    JanieceTobeyposted 9 years ago

On Squidoo I was "Janiece."  Now I'm JanieceTobey.  :-)

42. Shades-of-truth profile image82
    Shades-of-truthposted 9 years ago

It is so nice to see all of you! I am hoping that many of the other "Squidooers" come by to check in, as I have a hard time finding those familiar faces.

43. ShareTer profile image73
    ShareTerposted 9 years ago

Hello, Shades-of-truth.  This is my first time (back) to HubPages since the switch -- I really need to "unplug" from too many email addresses so I don't miss critical changes like this.  I loved Squidoo & didn't have the same warm fuzzies about HubPages but as we all know, change is the only constant...

1. Shades-of-truth profile image82
      Shades-of-truthposted 9 years agoin reply to this

How true - about change. I did love Squidoo, too, but am enjoying being on HubPages. Good to see you! (I was 4U2C on Squidoo, but as stated earlier here, that moniker was already taken.)

44. norma-holt profile image60
    norma-holtposted 9 years ago

Skiesgreen on Squidoo and Norma Holt on HP but kept the old symbol. Nice to see all the old faces and renew friendships although I have been flat out correcting lenses and removing links that no longer work etc.

Looking forward to catching up with you through your lenses once I get on top of things. Finding my way around has been rather diffucult but I am slowly getting used to it. Wish I could find a help button for contact with a monitor. Anyone got any ideas?

Hi Norma, I know the feeling about being "flat out" doing all the correcting and now fixing broken links. I had over 100 red skulls, some of which I just deleted, some of which were worth keeping. I finally got through them, to see that I have 39 broken links. (laugh, laugh!) So now I'm working on those, but I check in the Who Were You On Squidoo thread occasionally just to see if there's someone I missed. I'm already following you I'm sure, but it's good to see you posting. Glad you're here.

1. norma-holt profile image60
        norma-holtposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Nancy,

I had over 200 lenses with broken links and lots of images lost, videos not working, quizzes with answers but no questions, and heaps of other things. I only have a few red skulls and only one lens that was in some kind of trouble and was unpublished. On the whole I have ditched all advertising from most lenses and am trying to repair what has been lost. That will take months. Meanwhile I have been refreshing my domains and they are looking great. With all of that I can't seem to get time to speak to others or to visit their hubs, but that will all change once I am on top.

The greatest thing I have found here are old friends and acquaintances from Squidoo. Most of them are going ahead in leaps and bounds. Once my engine starts there will be no stopping me but the mud that keeps my wheels from turning is still rather thick and messy,

Hugs

Hugs back at you, and I SO understand what you mean. It's been an uphill struggle for a bit, but we'll get through it, one way or the other!

45. Shades-of-truth profile image82

It is SO nice to see all of you. I was never as active on Squidoo as many of my fellow Squids, but remember you all!

46. aesta1 profile image91
    aesta1posted 9 years ago

I have not changed my name and thanks to all of you who left me fan mails. It was a comfort. I wish you all the best here.

47. darciefrench profile image60
    darciefrenchposted 9 years ago

I am darciefrench, squidoopets and EpicEra - nice to see some lensmaster names I haven't seen for a real long time smile

48. Shades-of-truth profile image82

aesta1 and darciefrench - Hello to you both. Hard to see Squidoo go, but nice to see so many that we knew "over there".

49. lizstevens profile image46
    lizstevensposted 9 years ago

Can someone on the editor board contact me please.  I never did receive the e-mail on my squidoo account transfer that was under Cottagecrafts.  It doesn't look like it has transferred as I have searched the names.  I have tried to follow the instructions to get into my new account on Hub Pages but is does not accept the e-mail that is also associated with my current hub page account.  I have tried to add the LM but it says the e-mail is too long.

Please don't redirect me to another forum link about the transfer as I have already read everything.

Thanks

Liz

Hello, Liz! Try emailing them, at team at hubpages.com. That is all I can intelligently suggest, and nice to see you!

50. Linda Pogue profile image56
    Linda Pogueposted 9 years ago

My HubPages name is Linda Pogue. My Squidoo name was GrammaLinda.

Thanks!

Hello, Linda Progue/GrammaLinda, and welcome!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)