Is anyone still on Bubblews?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Solaras profile image96
    Solarasposted 8 years ago

I got a wild hair, and went to see what the latest missive from Arvind Dixit regarding the current state of affairs was, and discovered that he is no longer on the site either.  Seems like 2 months since he posted anything. Some engineering types are promising big changes...

Does anyone get paid by them anymore? Does anyone write and read over there now?

1. Thelma Alberts profile image90
      Thelma Albertsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I just came from there checking. Nothing change. It seems a dead site.

2. csmiravite-blogs profile image75
      csmiravite-blogsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am still taking down some of my posts. I still have 150 left. Some of them were ranked highly by Google, but no movement in earnings. It's stuck at $3 the last 5 mos. I am surprised that there are still writers there. It's eerily quiet  and the views, pitiable.

Solarasposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well, I think your post answers the question: they do not pay for outside views, and don't let you see them to get pissed off about it. Short sighted - no wonder it is a ghost town over there.

2. paradigm search profile image54
    paradigm searchposted 8 years ago

I'd likewise be interested in what that corpse is doing. I haven't been near there in like forever. And those <snipped> still owe me $80. lol

Last time I was over there it was around New Year's, and Arvind was promising a new site just for mobile devices. I assume so that people could split their time between both, and never, ever make payout again.

However I did take a peak at his final post where he promises to publish a free ebook with his thoughts as they flow stream of consciousness into a gift dedicated to his loyal followers. It something about what he has learned in this life 26 years strong. I liked the responses he received.

From &Xenonlit, "I am stunned at such narcissistic ability to ramble endlessly and pointlessly, while promises are being broken, the place is neglected, and the regulating agencies are sniffing around. The grandiose and relentless promises of some ill-defined future improvement are irritating and sickening."

Maybe sentiments like that are the reason he abandoned the site.

1. paradigm search profile image54
        paradigm searchposted 8 years agoin reply to this

He'll either be rich or dead (suicide) by 30. I shall not prognosticate odds as to which.

3. NateB11 profile image89
    NateB11posted 8 years ago

I go on there once in awhile. A few days ago, their head engineer announced major changes to the site. Others there say they've been paid recently. My earnings are slow, so I won't be close to payout for a long time. I hardly go on there anymore, working on other projects.

I am $4.87 away from payout. Which I think is more than it was in January. lol

1. NateB11 profile image89
        NateB11posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'll post once in awhile, the post will make a few cents and then my bank halts until I post again (this is how I know there is no search engine traffic anymore and not passive income either). Once in a big while I might make about 20 cents, more or less, for a post, because for some reason a lot of people decide to read it.

A person would have to be on there for hours to make any money, or maybe have a significant following in social media who are willing to look at their Bubblews posts.

When they took away the view counter, some thought that they also stopped paying for guest views. No one could know without the view counter. I think they no longer pay for likes or comments either.

I peeked at my connections and saw that one of them was still posting 4 times a day.She might be making 25 cents per post; it seems you would have to be very active to get people to consistently read your posts.

2. kbdressman profile image59
        kbdressmanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Its too bad I can't transfer my measly $5.90 to you so you could cash out.  It's not like I'll ever make the necessary $44.10 to get there again!

That is a shame, I'd be happy to split the payout with you! I don't think I could write enough there to ever cash out on my own again.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

I stopped by there around New Years too....just long enough to take down all of my posts. They can bite the curb for all I care.

1. paradigm search profile image54
      paradigm searchposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Took down my posts as well. They are now gradually showing up on my websites.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
        FatFreddysCatposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I used a few of them as the basis for new hubs. Dunno what I'll do with the rest. Probably just let sleeping dogs lie.

5. colorfulone profile image77
    colorfuloneposted 8 years ago

I stopped by to say hello to a friend on Bubblews yesterday. I talked to her on Facebook and she said she is earning about .25 per post. She writes interesting articles and enjoys the social aspect. But, yes people are getting paid on Bubblews now.

6. lyoness913 profile image78
    lyoness913posted 8 years ago

I wrote so much for them but I am gradually taking down my posts.  I've been at $2.00 for about 5 months now.  I used to rake in over $150/month easily.  I knew there was no way they could keep up those payments.  Too bad, but glad I (as well as others) capitalized on it while we could!

7. lovebuglena profile image86
    lovebuglenaposted 8 years ago

I am taking down some posts and publishing them on either Daily Two Cents, Writedge or HP. The bank is not moving at all. Been stuck on same amount for many months. If it moved only by a few pennies. I don't see my posts ever on the home page when I publish them and hardly any likes or comments on my posts now. Wasn't the case before. And since views are not displayed don't even know if anyone is viewing my posts or not. Not a fan of the site anymore. Gonna keep moving more of my posts elsewhere.

1. colorfulone profile image77
      colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

There is also Persona Paper.  smile

8. lovebuglena profile image86
    lovebuglenaposted 8 years ago

I am still owed money from the time they had that glitch or whatever back in Jun-July.

1. mary615 profile image82
      mary615posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Me, too!!  Guess they can just keep it.  I've taken all of mine down except for four!

9. mary615 profile image82
    mary615posted 8 years ago

You know what curiosity did to the cat, right?  I just went over to check B. out after reading this thread.  There is a new missile from Tyler promising all these wonderful new changes.  It jut amazes me that any "writers" are still there.  Oh, well.....not me!

If they can afford engineers to make updates to the platform, and Arvind still gets a salary, then I suspect that 95% of the income goes to them, and 5% to the writers. They owe me about $100.00 that I will never see.

10. earner profile image80
    earnerposted 8 years ago

I logged in last week, two months since I'd written anything and the bank had increased by $0.14 since just prior to that post.

Glad I managed to pocket a shed load of fast cash in early/mid 2014, but the boat sailed and that's it.

Still got $29 in the bank though, which is annoying ...and over $300 not paid out and never will be.

Maybe my project for June should be to remove relevant posts and stick them on some other site.  Not many relevant posts though as too many were just low level, low quality, posts not suitable for a wider audience.

11. Good Guy profile image84
    Good Guyposted 8 years ago

Good excuse to vent my anger here on this empty bubble, after so many months.  They owed me 3 "payments".  I knew all along it's a scam, so I just wrote one-para rubbish over there.  So now I don't have to do any transfer.  Likewise for infobarrel.  Now I give 100% to this wonderful site Hubpages.

12. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

I still have my account.  I've never really known what to be doing on there, and for the last couple/few months I've done more reading (and maybe commenting) than posting. I just do "whatever" on there.  If they improve the site or if it closes down I don't really care.  I don't plan to write anything that I can't whip up off the top of my head, or that I care at all about; because I'm not going to "act as a writer" on a site that requires socializing and tit-for-tat liking.  I don't mind whipping up stuff if I'm in the mood to post something that I don't care about.  As I said, I've done far more reading and commenting over the last two/few months than posting.  With no posts newer than a couple/three months old there's only so much "liking" those other people can do.  I don't care, though, because I don't want people "liking" or commenting on my stuff just because I did the same on theirs.  Then again, I don't do "the social lthing" online, and it's nice to have one site where, if I'm in the mood, I can do that.

Last night I decided to do some posting mainly because I wanted to post something somewhere, and I actually did start to see the bank move fairly quickly (considering).  As is now, on here I've got this particular account in a big mess that I don't feel like dealing with, or else can't for some reason.  I'm transitioning from this pen name to my own name on here, but because I can't deal with the mess I've made of this account, I'm not in a frame of mind to try to think up something useful and of quality that's going get traffic.  With my other online, more casual, writing I've got a giant, giant, mess of stuff that I've mostly set on "private" until I figure out what I'm doing with any of it.  I'm not "pinterested" in Pinterest -at all.  I've got other stuff that I'm working on or dealing with.  Bubblews is an easy place to write post that "whatever" that I feel like posting (of course).  I just don't care.  Besides, I'm waiting to see what changes they do make.  Maybe I'll take that account more seriously than I've done in the past..

I have copies of every piece of "whatever" that I've ever posted on there.  If they close down, fine.  Doesn't matter.  These days, and with my online/casual stuff, I'm down to this site and Bubblews as far as posting anything more than a few words or a picture goes.  (Oh - and that giant mess of partially developed blogs and whatever else I have.)    I won't post anything that I don't think is welcome on anyone else's site.  Other than that, I don't care that much.  I'm not a burner of bridges when it comes to something like someone else's site.  Other than that, I'm just seeing where things go on here or with Bubblews.  Seeing people refer to contributors on Bubblews as "writers", though, suggests its a writing platform; and - I'm sorry - I don't see it as that.  I suppose it's because I don't see that site as "for writers" and instead see as the social lthing that it's aimed to be (for as long as its still up and running), that's why I don't take any of it all that seriously.

Needed to vent for my own reasons.  Could have turned this into another post on Bubblews, I suppose.  As I said, I don't care.  Wha'ts the vent about anyway?   No half-decent writer expects his/her stuff welcomed by every publisher/site without the reasonable expectation of guidelines; but no half-decent has to care all that much beyond that if his/her stuff doesn't belong on someone else's site for one reason or another either.  I don't know what is or isn't going on with Bubblews behind the scenes these days, but I haven't completely written them off (obviously) as a site where people who just want to relax and write without worries, and/or do a little socializing without a whole big deal, may find appealing.  (That is if they make a few improvements with some the ways they treat those who produce the posts.   As it is now, I don't think a lot of people want to post anything other than "whatever" because no half-decent writer wants to put a lot of effort into a site in which they have little confidence and little expectation of being rewarded for quality of material.- which is a big reason, I think, so many half-decent writers/contributors just can't/don't care very much any more, or at least  right at this time in the evolution of online writing.      hmm   hmm   )

(In the meantime, I tried signing onto the forums under my real name  and got the warning about the rules and all that and having one's account closed for not going by them.  This has been my "main" account, and I'd like to phase away from it to the other one as a "main" one instead.  The other account is over five years old now.  So, not wanting to chance having one or both accounts closed I just signed back in under this one.  If anyone know what has gone on with my personal life he would understand exactly the significance of my saying how bloody impossible it seems to be, in this world, for a person to freaking move out of the past and into the future.    mad   mad

1. earner profile image80
      earnerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

...and BREATHE smile

It's good to get it out!

2. NateB11 profile image89
      NateB11posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I always wrote on Bubblews in a casual way and never treated it like a writing site. I guess people thought, because they were paying us, that it must be a writing site. And they were paying comparatively well in the beginning, so many thought they'd cash in on it with high traffic posts.

But I never saw it that way. I just went there to rant, say something funny, sometimes write something informative. Never thought of it as the continuous, evergreen money-maker.

So, I agree, when you just want to relax and write something, Bubblews is the place for it.

13. Virginia Allain profile image87
    Virginia Allainposted 8 years ago

I drop by now and then to see what my writing pals might be saying there. Too bad that the social part of the site lost traction when they killed the earnings.

14. PinoyMom profile image72
    PinoyMomposted 8 years ago

I have visited the B site to check for their updates but I no longer write for them.  I've been busy reviewing phone calls for another site.

15. Nadine May profile image72
    Nadine Mayposted 8 years ago

I must admit that this year I have hardly been back. To many other websites to work on.

16. Valeant profile image85
    Valeantposted 8 years ago

Yeah, no longer active there either.

17. wildbluefrontier profile image85
    wildbluefrontierposted 8 years ago

I'm still there occasionally. I enjoy reading the articles from a few posters that still post on the site. But I don't post there much anymore. Did make a few payouts, but now it would take a year at the rate I'm going on bubblews to make another payout.

18. Kylyssa profile image91
    Kylyssaposted 8 years ago

I haven't posted on it in a long while. The bubbles showing up in my "front page" feed were so frequently plagiarism and those that were not were so frequently word salad stuffed with keywords that I just stopped posting. If that's what staff was choosing as good, the site was obviously doomed.

I have a few bubbles I plan to remove and turn into hubs. Before anyone says I can't or that they'd make awful hubs, I must say I posted at least a few full-length articles there because I didn't quite "get" Bubblews and many other bubbles can be easily stitched together. I also know I'll just leave a bunch, the ones that were more like blog posts.

I have something else to add to the conversation that can wait until I've rescued my salvageable bubbles for use elsewhere.

19. Buildreps profile image85
    Buildrepsposted 8 years ago

Bubblews was a scam, is still a scam, and will always be a scam. If 1+1=2 isn't enough proof, what ever will be?

20. Sue Adams profile image95
    Sue Adamsposted 8 years ago

I haven't been on there for a year at least. Just checked my bank to see that I am only $8.83 away from being able to redeem. Is it worth writing a few more posts to meet the $50 threshold before removing my content, or will they not pay me anyway?

I think they may pay you now, but you will need 1000 more posts to get to the payout level these days. I don't think they pay for outside views anymore.  That was how I got lured back in last spring. I had been away for 6 months and dropped by to find I was just a few dollars from payout without having made any posts.  Then they ate that redemption. Now with another 6 months since they changed the payout scheme, it seems like my bank went in reverse a few cents.  No gains from any views since December with my last post in June.

21. Virginia Allain profile image87
    Virginia Allainposted 8 years ago

I see some friends trying to make the final few dollars to reach $50, but getting only 5 or 6 cents a day. It would take forever.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
      Jean Bakulaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I stopped going on Bubblews at the beginning of the year, or whenever it was they made the changes where they said the payment structure changed. I never wrote anything really thought provoking there anyway, just anything off the top of my head, back when they were actually paying me. I found it was too time consuming, and then it seemed groups of people were just "liking" and commenting on each other's stuff, and it was too hard to make a payout.

The manic liking and commenting was exhausting; people were making 50 cents an hour for their effort, with a few exceptions.  I enjoyed it in the beginning.  I wrote a few pieces that were somewhat personal, and it was freeing. Then all the gypping started, and the accusations that only cheaters don't get paid, and that started to piss me off.

I felt like it was part of their business model.  Dump user payments when funds get tight. I think that the server migration covering June/July 2014 redemptions was also a planned user redemption dump. They made only a ham-handed attempt to ferret out the "losses."

22. Colleen Swan profile image92
    Colleen Swanposted 8 years ago

The bubble site is dead, run by by hackers and ... as it always was. Do not post on it and if you do don't allow the upload of an image from you comp.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)