What's the strangest thing you've ever done in your sleep?

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (63 posts)
  1. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Driving home in the rain today, listening to the radio, I heard them talking about this very thing and they were telling the story of some 44 year old woman who apparently sent three very bizarre emails in her sleep.  As a child I used to sleepwalk, but I can't think of anything really strange I've done.  I guess, probably because I was asleep and don't know what I did.  Do any of you do strange things in your sleep?

1. Ivorwen profile image64
      Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've heard that story. 

The craziest thing I've done is talk in my sleep in a room full of people, while at a ladies retreat.

2. profile image52
      Wendy preciousposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I and my mom once traveled to france people there were always telling me bonjour and merci all the time when i went to sleep i said this in my sleep
      :you are burying me in courtesy, this is maybe the funniest thing i said in my sleep

2. Jerilee Wei profile image69
    Jerilee Weiposted 14 years ago

As a young mother, I read a book one evening that I didn't like.  Sleep walking in my birthday suit, my husband followed me to the balcony of our apartment overlooking a mall and watched me throw the book over the rail page by page.  Must have gotten it out of my system as I haven't had any incidents since.  P.S. Real glad we didn't have cell phones with cameras back then as he thought it hilarious.  Told me that was what I got for reading too much.

3. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

My now ex-hubby loved motorcycles. He had been Harley shopping for a while and was just waiting for the spring to come before purchasing. One night, I heard the strangest noises and woke to see him still under the covers, but sitting straight up in bed with his arms out in front of him pretending to ride a motorcycle. He was making the noises and everything, moving his hands and swaying back and forth just like he was riding. And he was dead sound asleep!

1. fortunerep profile image68
      fortunerepposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I bet yo wish u had a camera! lol

4. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I read an article about a man who said his infidelity was due to Ambien. That he had slept with another woman while actually asleep. You be the judge big_smile

As far as me, I laugh in my sleep alllll the time. I've also been known to sleep walk, but I never get very far.

5. fortunerep profile image68
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

A couple of years ago I was on some medication called Ambien for sleep.  I do not recommend it.  When I started taking this medication I started getting up about 4 hours later and eating.  I had to go downstairs, fix a bowl of cereal (I guess my food of choice) walk back upstairs and sit at the top and eat my cereal, leave my bowl there and go back to bed.  This went on for about 5 months once or twice a week.  I always blamed my daughters until they caught me and said they had a full conversation with me.  That is when I stopped taking it.  Walking down stairs in your sleep and eating is bad enough but when you start talking to your teens in your sleep, something had to change.
    dori

6. fortunerep profile image68
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

I just read yours about Ambien, yes I believe it.

dori

7. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I rolled over and started hitting my husband repeadly, then went back to sleep. lol

1. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll bet there's a marriage counselor out there that would love to discuss that one with you!  smile

1. kmackey32 profile image64
        kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yea, im afraid I may do something to him in my sleep and not remember it.... Strange, Guess he should be nicer to me. lol

8. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

grabbed my side table and threw it to the ground.

9. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Baked a cake

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sweet!

2. Ivorwen profile image64
      Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How did it turn out?

1. blondepoet profile image66
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMAO well put it this way you had to drink it with a spoon xox

10. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

I made a sandwich in my sleep....but my pump action butter squirter made the sandwich taste funny!!

11. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

I cant remember if Ive ever done anything (at least not out of the unordinary) lol

But my sister did ,years ago, she was only 13yrs old. She walked out of the house around midnight ,in her nightgown , knocked on the nieghbors door and said..."Can my dad have the potatoes back that you borrowed"  lol (luckily my dad went to check who  was up n wandering about)

To this day ,if anyone in the family runs into that neighbor she always asks after that particular sister...hahaha

12. AsherKade profile image57
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

drool....

13. kmackey32 profile image64

I do some weird things on my sleep. Just the other night I sat up while I was sleeping and i guess i looked at him and asked, "Who are you"?

1. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

At least you didn't call him by another guys name! smile

14. jobear90 profile image59
    jobear90posted 14 years ago

When I was only a little one (my mom remembers I must have been about 3 or 4 years old), I would get up at night to use the restroom.  But instead of going to the bathroom I would go to the back door and when I couldn't get it open because it was locked I would start to pull my pants down and go right there at the back door.  My mom, who would be up and talking on the phone to my aunt would stand there and watch.  Back then it was believed you should never wake someone up when they were sleep walking because it would cause psychological problems (or something lke that).  Fortunately, I would wake up before I actually made a mess at the back door.

1. curiozities profile image60
      curiozitiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've never done anything unusual in my sleep, just snore or drool, but when we were kids, I caught my brother--on two separate occasions--peeing in the garbage can in the kitchen.

15. crazybeanrider profile image86
    crazybeanriderposted 14 years ago

Not to long ago I moved with my GF into her parents house. Her brother also lived there as well. We  had rooms on the second floor. Her parents had the ground floor. The basement was neutral ground. They always had company over, the other brothers and sisters. Somebody was always going to work or coming to work. Or hanging out. I was always kind of shy about living there. So I basically kind of hung out in my room.

I used to sleepwalk since  childhood, but rarely in adulthood. I took out the air conditioner on the 2nd floor and started to climb out the window. But I was stopped by the police driving by on patrol. This was in a Detroit neighborhood. Sirens and flashing lights helped wake me up. It was very scarey.

16. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

I don't remember a thing, but I use to have full conversations with my room mate.  Maybe it's a good thing I didn't remember... lol

17. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

Things I can't mention on this site.

1. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You may whisper them in my ear if you like! smile

1. Davinagirl3 profile image59
        Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I may be able to say the best parts... randomly.

18. cindyvine profile image69

My kids and I were all sharing a room on holiday in Thailand, my eldest daughter came home in the early hours, having been out and about and was shocked to hear my son, other daughter and myself having a threeway conversation in our sleep.  Answering each other and everything!

19. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

I punched the wall so hard the pictures fell off it.  My hand swelled up like nobody's business.

20. cindyvine profile image69

Someone must have annoyed you during the day!

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It was Christmas Eve, and I was dreaming about my Boy Scout leader.  Boy, did she piss me off.

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Uh, you were a Boy Scout, Maddie?  BTW, I'm a boy scout leader.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
          Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Venture Scout.  (A division of Boy Scouts of America where there's no mention of having to be male in the rules.  We also wrote into our crew's bylaws that we wouldn't discriminate based on religion or sexual orientation and nearly got ourselves kicked out.)

1. profile image0
            wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, yeah.  I've heard of that, actually.  You have to be 21 and under, right.  Very cool, not surprised you stirred up some controversy there.  smile

21. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

Eating the left over ribs from the barbeque I had, must have been still hungry.

22. cindyvine profile image69

Yeah strange, many people eat and cook in their sleep.

23. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

I'm not into cooking and eating in my sleep.  But I, on the other hand, apparently enjoy holding my arm straight up in the air and ticking it.  As per my husband.

24. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Allegedly... I Strangled 2 wives and 5 goldfish in my sleep big_smile

I am also aware that Cindy used to mow her lawns in her sleep! smile

25. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Sleep walked into someone elses bed.

1. Jodi Hoeksel profile image60
      Jodi Hoekselposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL... excuses, excuses!!! smile

hahahahha

26. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Wow.  You people do do some interesting things.   All I've ever done is that yelling thing where you think no sound is coming out, so you keep yelling louder and louder - only to wake up and realize you've been bellowing at the top of your lungs (in a moronic tone) and there HAS been sound "in real life".   smile

27. Jarn profile image60
    Jarnposted 14 years ago

Engaged in close quarters hand-to-hand combat with a wall. The plaster was in pretty poor shape come the morning.

1. Christa Dovel profile image69
      Christa Dovelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ouch!

28. profile image0
    sbeakrposted 14 years ago

i've been told i have conversations with other people who are also asleep...as witnessed by those who are awake.  but my favorite story came from my dad: he told me that at age six, i walked into my parents room and straight up to him as he was reading in bed, to inform him that my wings wouldn't open up.  he played along for a bit and then sent me back to bed somewhat recommitted to humanity.   smile 

i think i had watched 'Barbarella' that night and thought i was Pygar.  why on earth was that movie on tv where a six-year-old could see it??

29. Anamika S profile image67
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

I gave orders to my Executives that with only 3 days remaining for the month closure I want all of them to achieve their sales targets. My guy recorded the conversation in his cell phone and we had a hearty laugh in the morning. I realized that the pressure of Work and targets was really getting into me. However, I quit my Bank job after three months and have not talked in my sleep after that.

30. Christoph Reilly profile image68
    Christoph Reillyposted 14 years ago

I was in a town doing a show and myself and another actor were being housed in the University dorms. It was during Christmas vacation so they were mostly empty, but there were a few people here and there.  I woke up at three o'clock in the morning looking in the shower room mirror down the hall, then noticed that I was buck naked. I didn't know what to do, so I ran down the hall to my room but I had locked myself out.  So I ran back to the shower room. The head resident, who could've unlocked my door was three floors down off the main lobby so I wasn't going there. I spent a half hour in there trying to figure out what to do. There were no dirty towels to wrap myself in and no shower curtains. I looked for a bobby pin or something thinking maybe I could pick the lock. A couple of times I ran back down to my room and rammed the door as hard as I could with my shoulder, and then ran back to the shower room with a sore shoulder. I knew my window was open so I checked the ledge thinking maybe I could scooch along the ledge and get in my window, but it was only 3 inches wide and several floors up so I didn't. Finally, I gave up and crept as quietly as I could, naked, to the room where the other actor was, which wasn't so close and through a more public area.  I knocked on his door and it took me several minutes to convince him to throw me some clothes. Finally, the door opened quickly, shorts and a tee shirt came flying out, and then the door slammed. He finally let me crash on his floor.  I never slept naked again.

hahah why  did you not knock on my room I would have helped you out.

31. Christoph Reilly profile image68
    Christoph Reillyposted 14 years ago

If only you had been there, Deb. A disaster could have been changed into a night of bliss!  lol

32. cindyvine profile image69

Chris, if we knew you were naked we'd definitely have helped you!  Deb would have fetched some enemas.  We would have had fun!

1. Christoph Reilly profile image68
      Christoph Reillyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

With friends like you, who needs enemas?

Yes no no Enemas with Christoph wouldn't you prefer him coming than going, not going and never coming.....We have enough trouble with his removable head and his Ipod implants tut tut
        Hey Christoph!!!!

1. kmackey32 profile image64
          kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have access to lots of enemas at work if you need me to get you some. lol just incase you might run out. ha

Oooh yes that is a thought smile smile

33. kmackey32 profile image64

My husband tells me I do very naughty things with my hands in my sleep. We have to sleep with our bedroom door locked cuz you never know what I will be doing in there. lol

34. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I don't know I have never woken up to find out. lolllo big_smile

You are so cute AE xo

35. Lisawilliamsj profile image84
    Lisawilliamsjposted 14 years ago

when I was a child I walked into the living room sound a sleep and went straight to the vcr. My mother asked what I was doing I told her I was getting a drink. she told me to go back to bed and then when she went to check on me I had my window open and I was trting to jump out.

36. quicksand profile image82
    quicksandposted 14 years ago

The strangest thing that happened to me was, I dreamt that I fell asleep. Then I had to wake up twice. I guess I am awake right now, but I am still unsure. smile

37. Alice Clearwater profile image60
    Alice Clearwaterposted 14 years ago

According to my college roommate, I sat up in bed one morning as she was getting ready for class and yelled, "Fire! Fire! Fire!  Put it out!  Put it out!  Put it out!" and just as quickly, laid back down and continued sleeping.

When I related the story to a friend, she told me she'd once had a friend that taught her an entire song while sleeping.  Words and music.

38. crazybeanrider profile image86
    crazybeanriderposted 14 years ago

When I was younger my parents said I would take my blanket and walk up and down the street. The neighbors would holler for me to go home. They said I scared them because I just walked slow with the blanket over my head like a vampire.

We lived along a river so parents were always freaking out.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)