Got my first Adsense check :)

Jump to Last Post 1-48 of 48 discussions (60 posts)
  1. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Just a couple of minutes ago, I got my first Adsense check. I reached the pay out amount last December. It's not much in US dollars - $130 but if you translate it to local currency, that's equivalent to a one - month minimum salary / wage here! So I'm celebrating, and it's a wonderful post - Valentine gift for me big_smile.

1. Pamela99 profile image89
      Pamela99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!  That is fantastic.

2. yoshi97 profile image55
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You sent the check to me, right? haha!

Seriously, congratulations! Keep up the good work! smile

emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Yoshi, I'll send you a virtual check big_smile. Thanks for the congrats!

3. Karina S. profile image60
      Karina S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, emievil! Enjoi!

4. Madison22 profile image61
      Madison22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Woohoo!! Congratulations!!

5. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats and well deserved...

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aww Emi that is so cool! You really deserve it too smile. I hope you are out on one mother of a shopping trip now lol

2. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's brilliant - congrats.  In my country, Adsense payout is enough for a nice meal out for two with drinks!

3. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good for you. big_smile

6. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Emie!

Yay! smile

7. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 14 years ago

One month salary?

That's fantastic!

Here's to an increase in your traffic so you hit the Adsense threshold on a regular basis. Cheers!

8. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

emie this is fantastic!  It is a terrific accomplishment.  And thanks for putting it in perspective.  It doesn't compare to US salaries, but I plan to celebrate it in some way that I will long remember.

9. EFPotter profile image61
      EFPotterposted 14 years ago

Wow! Congratulations! How great does it feel to get paid for something you enjoy?

emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Feels great smile. Especially when you are holding the actual check. Now that's awesome smile

10. emievil profile image67

Thanks Pamela and Cagsil!

DS, yup, it's really something to receive the first Google check smile. Thanks for the good luck.

RMCrayne, it is fantastic! If I didn't need the money, I'll frame this, check and all big_smile. But maybe I'll just settle with getting a copy of it before actually depositing it smile.

11. Ohma profile image60
      Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Great Job. Congradulations!

12. profile image0
      lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

That is awesome!

13. KCC Big Country profile image85
      KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Awesome news! Congrats! Here's hoping you have many, many more!

14. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Oooooooooo superdupercalilistic

15. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image60
      I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years ago

Congrats!! and hey, great to be in a place where it goes so far! smile

16. Flightkeeper profile image66
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Emie, you worked so hard and so glad to hear you got your first check. Woohooo!

17. seanorjohn profile image72
      seanorjohnposted 14 years ago

well done emievel. I was reading an old thread where you posted"I made $0.26 from adsense today" and you correctly saw it as a beginning.

1. Kidgas profile image63
        Kidgasposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats.  It just goes to show that sticking with it will ultimately yield good results.  Here's to many more such checks.

18. Arren123 profile image59
      Arren123posted 14 years ago

Congratulations, well done, keep up the good work

19. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Way to go!!!  It's a nice feeling, huh?  $130 is certainly nothing to scoff at.

20. emievil profile image67

Thanks everyone! This is a great community and I love every minute of my time here smile.

21. bheem profile image66
      bheemposted 14 years ago

congrats for your first success

22. CuzzoShizzo profile image56
      CuzzoShizzoposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Emievil! I look forward to getting my first Adsense check one day, but for now I will celebrate yours!

23. allN1spot profile image59
      allN1spotposted 14 years ago

That is so great!  Congratulations!  I can't wait until I can post the same thing!  That must be a good feeling, knowing you could make it happen~ Kudos!

24. charanjeet kaur profile image61
      charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

Congratulations, first one really feels special and cheers for many more..

25. myownworld profile image72
      myownworldposted 14 years ago

That's wonderful Emie...! No price for the kind of hubs you write....but it's always good to get a check! wink Well done and keep going strong....

26. Mieka profile image62
      Miekaposted 14 years ago

Congrats!!
      Where are you from? And what are your big plans for the money? Has to be something memorable, right.
      Good luck with it, and you will make the next pay-out even faster!! (or so I've heard, I'm still waiting for my first payout smile )

27. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 14 years ago

Emi, that's super!!

28. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Hey congratulations from me too!!
      I've got a long way to go but it is uplifting to hear of others' success!

29. efeguy profile image39
      efeguyposted 14 years ago

congrat,how did u drive traffic?

30. Anamika S profile image67
      Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

Congratulations! I am happy for you.

31. emievil profile image67

Thanks everyone. Check or no check, I'll gladly hub the whole day (and night) long LOL.

@charanjeet, yep, first one is always special.

@MOW, the check is just a bonus. Getting comments like yours - they're worth more than the check smile.

@Mieka, no plans yet. Still looking at it and looking for a bank where I can deposit it LOL.

@efeguy, uhm I don't backlink much, if that's what you are asking. I just have shetoldme.com and a blogger account. That's all.

32. Jen's Solitude profile image86
      Jen's Solitudeposted 14 years ago

Hearty Congrats to you. The first time is the most fun, and knowing it will happen again is thrilling too. smile

33. ripplemaker profile image78
      ripplemakerposted 14 years ago

Congratulations!!! Yipppeee...so excited for you and happy hearts day. smile

34. harryinc profile image60
      harryincposted 14 years ago

Congrats! Nice Valentine's Gift big_smile

35. prettydarkhorse profile image55
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Hi emie, congrats and more to come. I am very happy for you and for your effort here at HP and the quality of hubs you write, you will double your earnings soon!!!
      I am proud of you!

36. Dao Hoa profile image60
      Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

Congratulations emievil! It's fantastic!

37. dinkan53 profile image70
      dinkan53posted 14 years ago

that's just fantastic feeling for you holding the check with your hands. tell me the truth, how much times you already watched it? any way congrats

38. KingDrew profile image81
      KingDrewposted 14 years ago

Congrats! Keep up the good work!

39. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Emie!
      You deserved it. smile

40. wrenfrost56 profile image57
      wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Way to go! Thats brilliant news, many congrats. smile

41. _cheryl_ profile image84
      _cheryl_posted 14 years ago

That's awesome Emie, Congratulations! smile

42. emievil profile image67

Many thanks to all.

dinkan, heck I lost count already. My husband had to hide it just so I can concentrate on my work lol

43. LRobbins profile image46
      LRobbinsposted 14 years ago

Congratulations emievil, you deserve it!

44. cloudy days profile image60
      cloudy daysposted 14 years ago

Congrat's! That first adsense check is always the best! smile

45. Shalini Kagal profile image54
      Shalini Kagalposted 14 years ago

Congrats, Emie - so well-deserved! There's nothing quite like the first time smile

46. Cris A profile image59
      Cris Aposted 14 years ago

Painom ka naman dyan! Hahaha Congrats! cool

47. bgpappa profile image77
      bgpappaposted 14 years ago

Congrats.  It is a good feeling.

48. Dena Bez profile image59
      Dena Bezposted 14 years ago

Way to go!!!

49. emievil profile image67

Thanks. Yep, first time is always the best.

Hey Cris, what do you want? I have rhum here, wine, brandy uhm tequila, vodka? lol

50. Papa Sez profile image68
      Papa Sezposted 14 years ago

Way to go emie!  You've inspired me.  Sana ako rin.  Congratulations my friend big_smile

51. cluense profile image71
      cluenseposted 14 years ago

Congratulations emievil, you deserve it!
      You were my first fan here on HubPages and I will always pray that good things come your way! WAY TO GO! smile

52. profile image0
      Mikey Carrollposted 5 years ago

Your first payment can be creative fuel to keep going!

1. theraggededge profile image97
        theraggededgeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Eight-year old thread, Mikey.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)