Get Ready for the Money Grows on Hubs Contest!

Jump to Last Post 51-82 of 82 discussions (226 posts)
  1. sid_candid profile image57
    sid_candidposted 13 years ago

I want to participate in the January contest. I have never participated in the previous contests organized by hubpages. I am writing hubs and keeping them unpublished will publish them when the contest starts. Is there anything else I need to do to be eligible to participate. One more question is that the contest logo says contests starts on January 1st while we have topics from 3rd January, so what is the actual start day for the contest.

1. soni2006 profile image76
      soni2006posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The contest will start from Jan 3rd. You are doing it alright. Write more hubs and keep them unpublished. Best of luck sid.

2. Simone Smith profile image88
      Simone Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep- soni2006 is right - the first submission deadline is January 3rd.  And to qualify, Hubs must...
      • Be categorized within the Personal Finance Category
      • Be a minimum of 300 words
      • Contain completely original content

2. Midnight Oil profile image84
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

I am going to have a bash at the January contest, simply as I work in the finance industry, as does my wife.  One in Banking and the other in Insurance/Investments. 

Be prepared for the truth, be prepared for to be surprised, and be prepared to be entertained (as much as you can with finance)...All written in my own unique style or tone of voice as they call it in the finance industry !! smile

David

Excellent. I agree you will rock the contest. Waiting to read your hubs Midnight Oil.

2. Simone Smith profile image88

Wow, Midnight Oil - you'll really have a leg up! Good luck in the contest!!  I can't wait to read your entries!

3. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 13 years ago

Okay friends, now I have got 33 unpublished top secret hubs in my Santa bag. I will not discuss more about them as I want to keep them secret.

4. ChuckHuckaby profile image41
    ChuckHuckabyposted 13 years ago

Cool. I just got started 9 days ago and I'll be thinking what I can do to create an awesome Personal Finance hub that stands a chance at winning some cash!

5. petertheknight profile image64
    petertheknightposted 13 years ago

I would love to do this.  I'm just not sure my financial knowledge is that vast, but I think it would be a good way to educate myself.  I've been wanting to learn some new things and improve my finances.

1. Simone Smith profile image88

That's exactly the point of the contest! I hope you learn some very useful new things - and benefit from sharing your findings!

6. MissKarolaina profile image41
    MissKarolainaposted 13 years ago

It's so cool wink
    I just entered this site. :> It's so amazing. I know it's very hard to earn money here but I just love doing that so I don't really care about all money :>.
    I'm here like 2 days and I already have 5 hubkarma 5 hubs and 2 followers.
    It's super amazing!

Welcome to HubPages, MissKarolaina!

7. soni2006 profile image76

Okay friends. Completed my 34 unpublished hubs.

8. soni2006 profile image76

Written 35 unpublished hubs for personal finance contest.

1. prairieprincess profile image91
      prairieprincessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Talk about motivated! Great job.

Thanks friend.

9. Michael Jay profile image61
    Michael Jayposted 13 years ago

Wow! You're fantastic, soni2006! Maybe, I should now start writing my hubs for the contest. smile

Best of luck Michael. Don't be so surprised with this brother as I have not written a single hub for December month this time. My page visits and earnings are going down a bit, but you know we need to sacrifice something to gain something.

1. englightenedsoul profile image58
        englightenedsoulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you really have shown patience.And you wil reap the benefits in the contest.And 35 is a very good number to start with,i am sure you will reach 100 hubs for contest soon.And yea,i have completed 2 hubs for the contest.

Congratulations for completing two hubs. I wish you best of luck for the 100 mark. By the way, I have written two more - total 37 unpublished hubs eagerly waiting for their dates to get published. Still I need to cover several topics.

1. travelespresso profile image68
            travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good for you Soni. That's an impressive list of hubs you have sitting there waiting to publish.  I'm in awe!

10. profile image0
    cookingdivaposted 13 years ago

I like to join but I am not sure if I can write every day. How about if I write a few on topic, can I still join?

You can join in the contest by doing just one hub cookingdiva.  Just select a topic you want to write about and if you publish it on the "correct day" for that topic then you get a chance(s) to win a prize.  Click on the link to read all the rules.

Good luck.

1. profile image0
        cookingdivaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you travelespresso, will look in to rules.

Yes- do so, and know that so long as your Hub is within the Personal Finance category, it gets an entry in the Daily Drawing and is up for the Staff Pick prize of that day.  Publishing on a special topic only gives you EXTRA entries in the Daily Drawing. big_smile

11. wqs2946 profile image60
    wqs2946posted 13 years ago

Thanks for the contest, I am still a new member here and I don't think I could participate in this contest!

Any hubpages member can join the contest, either new or old. You just need to follow the rules listed in the start of this thread. Best of luck.

12. prairieprincess profile image91
    prairieprincessposted 13 years ago

I'm looking forward to learning something about money! I am definitely NOT an expert! (Although I'll probably try my hand at one or two.) I am looking forward to some good, informative articles.

Write whatever you do to manage your personal finances. Who knows you are doing something extraordinary and win a good prize if selected by judges.

13. barryrutherford profile image74
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

Look forward to being involved in this.  Hopefully I will finally improve my finances..(more income required)

From the time i have started writing for the contest, my mind and my behavior towards money is turning in the right direction. I am knowing about different ways of earning money, savings, investments from my friends and family members. I have shared all the information i have learned myself and learned from others in my hubs.

14. soni2006 profile image76

Written one more today on setting up a college fund- the least written category, so have more chances of winning. Now I have total 38 unpublished hubs for the personal finance contest.

Hooooooooly cow.  I think you must be setting some kind of record with this @_@

Don't know about setting any records but I wish God to give me more courage and stamina to write more and more for the January contest. I want to rock the New Year with hubs on personal finance sharing them with my online friends on Facebook, twitter, orkut, ibibo, yahoo, and 17 other microblogging and social bookmarking sites. I thank HP to start this excellent contest.

15. soni2006 profile image76

Done two more, 40 unpublished hubs for Money Grows on Hubs Contest January 2011.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Soni don't for get to sleep, and eat, and get adequate rest, ya know!

Thank u so much for your concern. I am still learning time management.

16. kimbles profile image41
    kimblesposted 13 years ago

Hopefully I will participate and submit some hubs, I already have a few insurance ones. Even if I do not take part I am sure this will make great reading so I will be following daily.

Hi Kimbles, you are doing a great job friend. Keep it up. Personal finance hubs always show up more dollars than other categories. Best of luck.

17. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

Hope I learn something from all of this.

Best of luck to you too salt.

18. soni2006 profile image76

Written one more on common financial mistakes, total 41 now.

19. nanospeck profile image60
    nanospeckposted 13 years ago

Im excited about the Contest, Im having a vacation here and will be writing in some quality articles!

Waiting to read your stuff nanospeck. Best of luck.

20. soni2006 profile image76

Written one more, total 42 unpublished now.

21. Karanda profile image80
    Karandaposted 13 years ago

Great daily topics for the contest! Just to clarify, we don't have to answer a question for the hub to be recognised, as long as it is in the Personal Finance Category it will be included?

That's my understanding Karanda. 

But I believe that Hubnuggets will run the Finance topic so if you want it include it as part of the Hubnuggets then you need to answer the question Princessa posts. 

However, you can just enter the contest and put it in the Personal Finance Category.  This is what I'm doing as I will write many hubs for the contest and so I've several sitting in the unpublished category ready to go on January 3rd.

May 2011 be an amazing year for you and all hubbers and the HubPages team.

1. Karanda profile image80
        Karandaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for that, Travelespresso.

It has just gone midnight here on the north east coast of Australia. Happy new year to you and all the other hubbers.

2. soni2006 profile image76

Happy New Year to all of you.

22. franklopez profile image59
    franklopezposted 13 years ago

I will try for this contest! Really cool smile

23. Denise Handlon profile image84
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

Thanks for the great topic.  I am amiss that I did not pay attention to it during December!  But, here we go...

24. fresh2def05 profile image82
    fresh2def05posted 13 years ago

I'm ready. Lets do it. I wish everyone the best of luck.

25. soni2006 profile image76

Completed 43 unpublished hubs till now.

1. SEO Expert Kerala profile image57
      SEO Expert Keralaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i think that will be a great work !!!

Yes friend. One more now, total 44 now.

1. Karanda profile image80
          Karandaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Puts my measly two to shame!

Don't feel like this Karanda. Who knows one of your two hubs wins a grand prize.

26. Midnight Oil profile image84
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

In all the excitement of Christmas and all that, I forgot all about the money grows contest - I am going to have to get my butt into gear... wink

There's still plenty of time to get started - most of the contests that we have done on HubPages haven't even been publicized until the week of their debut!  We just wanted to give people extra lead time big_smile

27. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 13 years ago

OK so I just published a finance hub - do I link to Princessas question when it gets posted? This is only the second time I've entered a Hub contest!
    BTW - a great big Happy New Year to all you hub buddies!

1. Michael Jay profile image61
      Michael Jayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know if I am correct, Dorsi, but I guess the contest will only include hubs that will be published from Jan. 3  at 12NN PST.

2. travelespresso profile image68

Dorsi, I think that the contest started on the 1st January but the specific topics (Understanding Finance is the first) begin on the 3rd January which is still some hours away.

The rules have all the details and this is my interpretation.  I've written a few for various topics and I plan to publish them on the day for the topic.  However, you don't have to publish them just on the topic day.  Simone will probably elaborate on this.

If you also want to publish them in HubNuggets (which is separate to the contest) then you have to answer the question which Princessa will publish sometime soon.

I hope this helps.

1. profile image0
        ysdataposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Contest Description
        Contest begins at 12:01 P.M. (PT) on January 3rd, 2011, and ends at 12:00 noon (PT) on January 31st, 2011 (the “Promotion Period). Cash prizes (the “Prizes”) will be awarded (the “Awarding”) to the eligible entrants with the winning entries in accordance with these Official Rules.

Thanks for that clarification.  I think the Money Doesn't Grow on Trees graphic stating it begins 1 January is confusing some people - including me!

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4358179_f248.jpg

According to me and http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=137 its past kick off time for the first topic.  Woohoo!

2. Dorsi profile image88
          Dorsiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OHHHH...I published my hub yesterday, I thought it started the beginning of Jan....do I still get the to use the hub in the contest?? EEEEKKKKK!!!!

1. Tranquilheart profile image91
            Tranquilheartposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I almost did the same thing.  I'd delete it and start over.

3. Simone Smith profile image88

Hi Dorsi - ysdata is right; the submission portion of this contest does not begin until 12:00 PT today big_smile
      Sorry for any confusion!  Yeah - the contest is a "January" contest, so it starts on that date, but we made the submission part start on the 3rd to ensure that we'd be in the office and able to monitor everything to make sure all is going well!

28. Nanalj profile image61
    Nanaljposted 13 years ago

Oh me!  This is the first time, I think, that I've gone to the forum, so I'm behind, but I'm going to try my best to catch up. I'm new, but not last!

Welcome to HubPages, Nanalj!  I hope you join in on the contest big_smile
      It would be a great starting point!

1. Nanalj profile image61
        Nanaljposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. Nice to meet you.  Yes, I believe this will be a good starting point!!

29. soni2006 profile image76

Best of luck to all of you friends.

30. englightenedsoul profile image58
    englightenedsoulposted 13 years ago

Best of luck to everyone.  The contest starts in 47 minutes.

I think there is some confusion with contest start time.

Here is what rules say, "Contest begins at 12:01 P.M. (PT) on January 3rd, 2011" right now it is 3:03 AM according to pacific time zone, so how come we can say that the "contest starts in 47 minutes."

According to me, there are still approximately 9 hours left in starting of contest.

Please confirm.

Oh Soni you are SO right.  I was completely thrown by the two dates.

Funny because just five minutes ago I went to your profile to see if you'd published anything on the topic before I published any of mine.  So thanks so much for this posting.

I'm so keen to publish some of the work I've done - indeed publish anything as it seems AGES since I've pushed the publish now button lol

Now I have to wait for another 9 hours!

Good luck with it all.  I think the start time is going to be 0300 for me so I'll wait until I wake up before publishing.

I am glad you have not published anything till now. You have got it all right now. Best of luck only 7 hours 35 minutes left for the contest now.

2. englightenedsoul profile image58
        englightenedsoulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am so sorry.  I apologize to everyone.  I just got confused between am and pm.  My bad.  May be I should get some sleep.

Sleep is GOOD!!

3. Simone Smith profile image88

The submission portion of the contest begins in a little shy of an hour.  It is currently 11:07am (PT).  The contest begins at 12:30pm.  Sorry for any confusion! We'll have a helpful countdown clock on the contest page soon.

31. sid_candid profile image57
    sid_candidposted 13 years ago

The contest starts in about 8 hours 20 minutes time. I have one question. I have a few hubs in unpublished state. I just wanted to know after I publish my hubs do I need a post a link of the same hub's url as we do in Hubmob weekly hub contest. If no how would the hubpages team and concerned judges know that I have published a hub on the daily topic for the contest. Sorry but this is my first ever contest so I am a bit confused.

Nope - though the HubMob weekly topics for the month of January correspond to the contest, all you have to do to make sure that your entries are submitted properly is to have them categorized within the Personal Finance category.

32. chechetka profile image60
    chechetkaposted 13 years ago

Wow, this sounds like a cool idea. I haven't made any money from my hubs yet, so maybe this is the way... I will definitely participate. Thanks for the initiative!

I'm so glad you will be participating!  It should be a really fun contest big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)