My hubberscore is 1. what are the possible reasons for this.

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (45 posts)
  1. iamalegend profile image60
    iamalegendposted 13 years ago

please help me to find possible reasons for my hubberscore 1.I also found that broken links are not detecting in my hubs.

1. lyndre profile image60
      lyndreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To have a hubber score of 1, and over 500 followers, you really are a legend.big_smile

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Beginners section will be a good start.

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/<~~~~~~~~~~

2. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 13 years ago

If you read the FAQ, it details what not to do in your Hubs.  To get a score of 1, the lowest possible, most often many violations are occurring.

http://hubpages.com/faq/

3. sofs profile image77
    sofsposted 13 years ago

You had asked the same question in the other thread and I tried to answer it.. maybe you should read FAQ's and the answer http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/71325#post1552736

4. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

You appear to be merely copying and pasting statistics from various computer specifications =for instance

5. mdlawyer profile image44
    mdlawyerposted 13 years ago

I totally agree with Iyndre.  You are a phenominal achiever! You are a legend!!

6. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

The last hubber I saw with a score of one was because he was a rampant follower. If you did about 5,000 follows to get your 500 followers, then I’m guessing that is the cause. smile

7. NateSean profile image67
    NateSeanposted 13 years ago

All I could ask here is,

1: Is there anything in there that you didn't copy and paste from a manual? I'm agreeing with Barry. On the one hand some of it seems fairly original and unique whereas the rest of it is something I would read if I actually purchased the product and/or looked at the specifications on the side of the package.

2: I've been on for almost two years now and I don't have even a hundred, let alone five hundred followers. Most of my followers are there because of my hubs, not because I "follow" them.

3: If your google adsense account is going up, that'd be the only thing I'd stay concerned with. Otherwise, maybe write a few more original hubs.

1. NateSean profile image67
      NateSeanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh and I just wanted to add: One of the things I find helps my hubscore is participation. Answering questions, asking questions and helping out in the forums.

8. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

NateSean, I'm sure you are a nice person and your intentions are good. But I'd dare call what you are suggesting wishful thinking in the extreme. Nothing will help get out of the morasses, except perhaps to clean up the account completely.

iamalegendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

can you please point out which of my hubs are of lower quality ,substandard, and does not meet  the criteria

1. relache profile image73
        relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All of them.

all of them?

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
            Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What she said.  smile

2. PaulaHenry1 profile image65
            PaulaHenry1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice help guys..................here is an example of the problem I am seeing. Repetitive paragraphs.
            "Pokemon series are the killer titles in Nintendo ds. So we can expect pokemon in Nintendo 3ds too. Pokemon series are the traditional games for Nintendo. So, surely Pokemon will be available for Nintendo 3ds. There's no reason for Nintendo to take this game out of 3DS"

This is in 3 of your paragraphs!

Reread, rewrite- republish...good luck

Hub is degenerating in to too cutthroat a society for any real assistance to be expected.

Although, for the record, I did make a comment in one of his hubs that should be constructive enough for him to use.

2. sofs profile image77
        sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Post a few links in the Extreme makeover section and you will get constructive ideas and  you can take it from there.

3. NateSean profile image67

Well, it looks like his score is steadily rising. Whether that's from original views by the people trying to help him, or he's following advice, is hard to say.

Still, I stand by what I've said before. If you have a Google Adsense acccount, diversify. Find other venues to connect to it.

2. NateSean profile image67

Website Examiner: Be careful. If you put your tongue too far into your cheek you might actually break skin. There are statistics out there...somewhere.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for letting me know. I'll be less cryptic the next time.

9. moorebored profile image60
    mooreboredposted 13 years ago

Not that I'm experienced - but it looks to me like your stuff is substandard and copied and pasted...

10. moorebored profile image60
    mooreboredposted 13 years ago

Also, reading some of your fan mail, how many people are you following?

11. sofs profile image77
    sofsposted 13 years ago

That is an excellent point... indiscriminately following people can also cause you to be penalized, I am not suggesting that this is the only reason, it is added to the fact that hub don't have original content ...may be it will help to sort out those issues first before putting them on extreme makeover.

12. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Come on guys!  Maddie said to give them the benefit of the doubt!  lol

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

1. moorebored profile image60
        mooreboredposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm now sure of it. It is because he is following a bunch of people (he is probably following around 2-5 thousand hubbers, and around 600 decided to return the favor).

13. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Yes, maybe this link will work even better:

http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/

14. LeeWalls profile image61
    LeeWallsposted 13 years ago

I don't want to be rude but one time there was someone that was actually criticizing that saying this wasn't facebook; I follow you, you follow me. I know there are many people that have a lot of followers but I thought people followed each other because of the content not to return favors or am I wrong?

I'm fairly certain that's the case with about 90% of people who use this site.

Frankly, Hubpage should not be the primary source of your Google Adsense revenue.

2. profile image0

Concerning the OP, I think some Hubbers have concluded that he could not have nearly that many followers without having followed x times more to attract them. In my experience, this analysis seems to be correct. Even getting 100 followers isn't that easy.

The HubPages FAQs makes it clear that following people "indiscriminately" can hurt the author score. Usually, such behavior has one reason and one alone: To gain followers. It is clearly a practice that HubPages doesn't support; at least not on a big scale.

This said, I don't think that following many Hubbers will alone be nearly enough to bring someone's author score down to 1.

1. Goody5 profile image59
        Goody5posted 13 years agoin reply to this

iamalegend, Don't pay any attention to these individuals. Most of them act as though they are professionals that have been doing this on the hub pages for over 50 years. The hub pages have only been around for 4 short years, and I have a car battery that's older than that. If some changes aren't made soon, the hub pages won't be around in another 4 years just like my car battery. I believe you wrote a very good hub on that subject.  As far as the #1 on your score goes, don't worry about it, and  who cares. The reason most of  these people here have a high score is because they DON'T FOLLOW anyone in return. To have been around for a few years on the hub pages and not even have 100 followers says a lot about that individual. You can see that simply by going down their history. I wouldn't waste my time following a person like that. The fact is sometime recently the powers to be at the hub pages put in place a process that lowers the score of a hubber who THEY consider has followed too many people. Therefore those that have been here on the hub pages for a WHOLE 2,3 or 4 years weren't penalized for doing this in the past. Again, don't worry about some silly score. Don't worry about some piddly little check. If you want some extra money, then just work a little over time in the real world. Just write on the hub pages for fun, like a lot of people do, and don't get involved in the childish politics, like it appears is happening here. Stop on by this link - <snipped link> And you'll see what I mean by just having fun. Take care imalegend, and the rest of you can jump in Lake Michigan.

1. kblover profile image85
          kbloverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"To have been around for a few years on the hub pages and not even have 100 followers says a lot about that individual."

Okay, I'm curious - what does it say about me?

1. profile image0

I think this individual was saying that such people are not worthwhile following because they are unlikely to follow you back. That individual seems to think that people who have relatively few followers after a period on HubPages are likely not popular for that reason.

I believe the analysis is incorrect. I hardly follow anyone, yet I have been building a solid following simply by being active.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
              Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree, WE.  I am very selective about whom I follow - I firmly believe that following means taking an interest, and you can't possiby keep track of the work of more than a handful of Hubbers at a time. 

Originally, we didn't have "followers" we had "fans", which was a far more accurately descriptive word.  Several of us were very disappointed when it was changed to "followers", because that implies the brainless following and friending of Twitter rather than a genuine admiration for one's work.

The practice of penalising Hubbers who go on "fanning sprees" has been in place for a long time and I think it's a good thing.

15. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

spam

16. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

I'll jump into lake Ontario but later, now it's too cold in there.

17. bestreviews profile image60
    bestreviewsposted 13 years ago

Im don't have a killer hubber score, I only joined a couple of days ago, but by the sound of it you should join Twitter man!

18. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

I noticed you still have news capsule son alot of your hubs...you need to remove them to improve your score.
    i don't know why you author score is so low though...hmm

slight improvement smile

2. sunforged profile image72
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

says who? where?  Im going to go ahead and guess that a whole bunch of writers are severely lacking in the critical reading department and for good measure, the source and fact checking arena also.

a game of telephone

thanks guys. Back to 80's now

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
          Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good for you!  That's much better.. I wonder what caused your score to go down that low?  I'm probably next.. my score keeps on going down too.  oh well.. (sigh)

19. mdlawyer profile image44
    mdlawyerposted 13 years ago

Great legend.  You have come up from the pit

20. hotwebideas profile image63
    hotwebideasposted 12 years ago

Glad to see you at 84. I am just doing my thing posting hubs and just joined a week ago, so I hope to have a hubberscore like yours eventually, but guess I have to be patient.

My hub scores are not too bad after a week. I am hanging around high 60s to low 70s. Happy about that.

Bruce

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)