Does Anybody Here Want To Live Abroad?

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (67 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

If so, where? And why? Permanently or just for a while?

I would seriously consider living in New Zealand, if they let me in, potentially permanently.

I would like to live in the US, Canada and Australia for a year a piece. In other words I would have no interest in a permanent visa, but I would like to experience the culture.

In addition I would like to live a nomadic lifestyle around Europe for a couple of years, perhaps just working in bars and stuff in major cities and coastal resorts, Spain, Italy, France, Germany. I would never live permanently in another country without a willingness to learn the language though, irrespective of how many British people live there already.

Where have you always wanted to head off too?

1. profile image0
      china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Get your @ss to China - why hang around bars in Europe that are just like bars in the UK ??

Contact me directly and I will get you an easy teaching job in China for March that comes with accomodation and enough money to live well on within China.

The difference in culture and the high regard that good western teachers attract make it a fantastic year or few.

The 16 to 24 hour week and 3+ months holiday per year give loads of time to carry on the hubbing also.

1. saleheensblog profile image61
        saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting. If you could give me a job I would love to spend few years there. But who is going to take a second ESL learner as a ESL teacher? Do you need a Bengali teacher? lol

1. profile image0

Yep that is an issue - the requirement is for english speaking as a model mostly, the teaching is almost secondary. So they always stipulate native english speaker - sorry !  The day will come when Bengali is offered as a second or third langauage here as China spreads its influence around Asia generally, after all it is only around 3 to 400 years ago that Asia was the biggest trading bloc in the world, and had been for a thousand years or more,. looks like the balance is swinging back that way.

2. warchild75 profile image63
      warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ive been to australia and loved it,plus both me and my wife have famly out there plus with the job i do i'd have a job in no time,yes could certainly see myself in the sun!!

1. Right On Time profile image59
        Right On Timeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes you definitely want to come to Australia, it's beautiful (except for Queensland with the floodings now).

3. iamalegend profile image60
      iamalegendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't want to leave India. I love my country

4. zippot profile image59
      zippotposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I live in spain but go to work in europe for the summer every year, south of France last year, Venice the year before. This year thinking of going to nova Scotia Canada. I had a one year work visa for Australia that was the best. what i would like to do is have a online income and work from where ever I could plug in my laptop.
      I also found that Mexico was very cheap to live a couple of years ago.
      Im originally from the uk but cant cope with the damp weather.

5. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

bars in Europe are different to bars in the UK,  but there is definitely nothing wrong with broadening your horizons.

I have to admit I am loving the Texas weather right now, but I am looking forward to moving to central America for a year, before we finally start making our way back to England.

(Sorry America, but no national health care = no go for me, especially when it comes to having kids.)

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
        prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that is very important when planning to have children thisisoli, I have a health insurance for my baby and I find the new health care law ok here in the US as it guides you and choose well what is best for you - but then they will repeal it.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have thought of moving back to Scotland, I have been here since I was 12. But I would have to be independently wealthy first. But I would also like to live somewhere like Bermuda...somewhere it doesn't snow.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How wealthy? The biggest expense facing British people is their mortgage and their rent, if you can live rent or mortgage free in the UK then living is easy.

I love rural Scotland, but there are plenty of rough areas. I wouldn't live in Glasgow, put it that way, murder capital of Europe and plenty of religious hatred!

I have seen some amazing properties in the Scottish Highlands with plenty of land at a low cost, problem is that is where you would expect to see snow pretty consistantly each and every winter.

I wish that I was the person who won this 8 acre private Island for £65000! http://www.privateislandsonline.com/cra … otland.htm

You would need a boat though, for supplies.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Most of my family lives in Glasgow and I don't think I'd enjoy living there:) It's way too hilly anyway. But some are now in Edinburgh. Maybe I could move back to the town my mother grew up in near Aberdeen.

7. Shinkicker profile image52
      Shinkickerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Definitely Ryan

I've just completed a TEFL course and want to get away somewhere in the world after the summer.

I love to travel, I stayed in Italy for 6 months in 2009. Terrific place

8. vox vocis profile image81
      vox vocisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Italy for a longer period of time (Rome) and America  for a short time...yet, I ended up living in Germany...so, my only hope is to come back home one day - before I grow old, that is!!!

2. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 13 years ago

I was fortunate to live in Turkey and Germany.  I miss the travel, but I would not want to be more than a couple hundred miles from my naturopath now!  Not something I thought about when I lived overseas in my 30s.

3. CDL Career Coach profile image64
    CDL Career Coachposted 13 years ago

I think it would be a lot of fun.  I seriously looked at teaching English in Korea or Japan a couple years ago. I'm a single mom though and it's not a good job when you consider the costs of child care/school compared to your salary.  I was also looking into volunteer vacations in Asia and South America. I'd still like to do that someday.

4. emievil profile image66
    emievilposted 13 years ago

Lots of countries (I even wrote a hub about it) but to start off, I'd like to go to the U. S. just for a one - month vacation. Then work for a while in Canada and / or Australia then travel around Europe, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Hong Kong.

5. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 13 years ago

I've lived in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Canada and the UK. I just got back to NZ from a 2 month trip and its OK to be home - but just OK.

Think carefully before moving to NZ - we do have better climate than the UK - but only slightly - if you want sun and warmth  - don't come here LOL

On the other hand is one of the easiest places in the world to run an online business and the tax system is fair and transparent - in fact the general lack of corruption is probably our biggest selling point.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I moved to the UK for marriage from the US. Hubby and I want to immigrate to NZ now. I am not that worried about the climate, so long as it is somewhat stable. What is attractive is the outdoors you got there. We both love camping and climbing and mountaineering and have some good gear for all three already. I would love to be able to earn online from NZ, tho I think I need to get the earning online bit up to scratch first tho! It is happening but slowly sad

Well we will see what happens. I do worry that NZ is going to tighten up its boarders and make it harder to move there?

6. accofranco profile image79
    accofrancoposted 13 years ago

i would prefer China if i had the chance for a permanent stay and a job to complement...for a couple of years, let's say 4 to 6 years max...malaysia. omg i forgot...my number one nation: the states...just for an MBA or a masters in engineering...then Japan, if i am opportuned to. and i must visit cuba and israel for a vac...nice thread...

7. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

I want to travel all over the world but I don't have a wish to live abroad permanently. I have a lot of work to do for my poor country. smile

What a wonderfully socially responsible thing to say! I do hope that you have the success you seek for yourself and for your ability to help the poor of your country.

Brain drain has been a great problem for my country. 99.99% of our talented students go to abroad for higher education and never come back. I don't blame them as we don't have ability to provide them with what they deserve. We are the most densely populated country of the world but we make the lest use of our human resource. Unemployment, terrorism, corruption everywhere and hardly any one to take a step to change the scenario. It has always hurt me and made me think. I denied the elite job of Bangladesh army after being selected as a second lieutenant to start my career only at the age of 18 as I thought it would restrict my ability to take big steps toward change. I have been working for children for a while but that's nothing worth the need because of financial and infrastructure crisis. Now I have a big plan in my mind. First I want to learn as much as possible about making a living through online writing then I will try to make it popular in my country as a full time profession. This way we can decrease our unemployment without establishing big companies to provide jobs. I have a plan to establish a school to teach about online earning in future. But of course, I need to learn very well first.

Big dreams, big plans. If I don't succeed I would at least be able to say that I had tried to build the Bangladesh for what we had to face war for freedom, war for own language, 30 lacks martyrdom, lives of all our intellectuals and 2 lacks women to be raped.

I can see you feel passionate and with good reason! I do hope that you will find real success, enough that you can take the time to teach others another way of earning a good living. To be able to have the time to do charity work regularly would be great! If this earning online stuff can be built up to that point I can see a lot of internet marketers also doing lots of great charity work smile

How cool would that be? big_smile

Now your getting me feeling all positive and jazzed lol

2. travelespresso profile image68
          travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Amazing dreams Saleheen. 

Your country has Mohammad Younus and his dream has helped many.  I'm in awe of his program to help the poor help themselves both there and around the world.

My father has worked in Grammen Bank for 14 years and he is one of them who have contributed a lot for the success of Grameen Bank. But the irony of fate is that the main model of micro credit has changed now because of some greedy NGOs. Micro credit institutions are non profit organizations but now a day many a institutions don't follow the model of Grammen Bank and make much profit cheating the poor people. India and Bangladesh need to change their governing policy to prevent these firms.

1. travelespresso profile image68

I know - its shocking and I hope they do change them.  The original model is amazing.  How amazing that your father worked for Grammen - thanks for sharing that.

3. thisisoli profile image70
          thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Believe it or not but what you are doing is making a big difference, if there were more people like you otu there your country would become musch safer, and more prosperous.

You bring foreign money IN to your country.
          Your demeanour and your work ethic give others a great impression
          You are helping others

As the opinion of a country grows, tourism increases, and the flow of money increases.  Many countries have grown rich because they encouraged tourism by making things safer.

The problems are of course cyclical, a tourist visits the country, gets their wallet stolen and never returns.  The pickpocket may have made a few hundred dollars, but the country has lost thousands.  This kind of effect can quickly build up.

By building up the reputation of your country you are helping it more than you could ever imagine.

2. Pandoras Box profile image61
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a fantastic reply.

8. accofranco profile image79
    accofrancoposted 13 years ago

@saleheensblog....i love your disposition...but you can still achieve that while abroad...for instance, i am running an NGO which i initiated while in the university out of passion and inspiration to invest in those in dire need....it is dedicated to the rehablitation of ex prison inmates and the homeless kids...Inspired Friends Foundation (IFF) is the name, i organized my friends then in school and still encouraging more of  my friends...no matter their location and job...those inspired to heal the world...to join me in making the world a better safer place for all, starting from my rich but corrupt dwindling country...i thank God things are stirring up for good. keep up the dream, God will keep your dream alive...and don't give up...we have more challenges than those from advanced honeywell nations....we all are one people though!

You are doing some great job. I am inspired. Thanks for letting us know.

9. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 13 years ago

I'm still enjoying living in the Gulf States (mainly Qatar now, but UAE and even Saudi previously). This is my eighth year out here. I'll retire back to UK eventually, but am in no rush to do it. The mix of cultures here is great. Quite warm though, at 50C in the summer, or 122F, in old money.

10. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I wanted to live abroad and so moved to Spain, but I am ready to leave..
    Saw an advert for volunteers to help out in game reserves in Namibia. I'd quite like that except I can't stand excessive heat, am terrified of insects, especially biting insects, and don't much care for lions and things either..
    Hmmm..

11. Polly C profile image90
    Polly Cposted 13 years ago

I would love to live abroad, at least for a while. I've wanted to do this for years, yet somehow never have. I've never had one particular place in mind, just somewhere with a more relaxed attitude to life and more outdoorsy. A friend of mine lives in Perth, and that looks great. I'd be all up for that, and think we would have a chance of getting in, if it wasn't for the fact that I have children and they are close to their grandparents. Don't think I could do it, I would feel far too guilty. I would love to spend some time living in another European country like Italy for a year or so, but not permanently.

12. Uzdawi profile image72
    Uzdawiposted 13 years ago

I would really like to live in French Polynesia, but just for a while.I would also like to stay few months in Bhutan and in some South Pole Station.

13. uner profile image61
    unerposted 13 years ago

this year i have a dream, that is to live in Miami.

i'm currently a Malaysian citizen, and i'm happy. but Miami is a dream, target that has been set. hopefully will be able to make it, and live there permanently

14. Right On Time profile image59
    Right On Timeposted 13 years ago

Nope. Australia's got everything and it's perfect for me big_smile

15. ocbill profile image54
    ocbillposted 13 years ago

I was in Brazil for a while. I liked it, but consider it a nice place to visit as a foreigner. Things are getting better there too

16. guy1973 profile image55
    guy1973posted 13 years ago

so far i have been to some 10 countries and the one that i likes the most was brazil and switzerland. i also love south africa.but lately i have been thinking of moving somewhere permanent, australia and europe are on top of my list.

17. Bill Manning profile image67
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I don't want to live a broad. I like being a guy,,, oh wait,, wrong question! lol

Actually yes, I want to go places and stay for a bit. Since I can work anywhere as long as I have my laptop I really should!

I'd love to check out Australia, Sweden, Romania (they have hot babes!) lots of places. Stay for a few months.

But as far as moving to stay forever, I'm not sure until I was there to see for myself. smile

18. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

I am living abroad, in Toronto, Canada. I can't say I love it, just plain survival, pretty boring.

19. Cam Anju profile image69
    Cam Anjuposted 13 years ago

I have a lot of friends in London so I may want to live there for a bit... but I really just want to travel all over the world, maybe not live there. smile

20. travelespresso profile image68
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

Doing it now!  I'm living and working in Vietnam. 

Although I love the experience and relish the opportunity I have, New Zealand's my home and I will return there soon.

21. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I am permanently living in the US, but I have 2 residential houses in the Phils, one within a city and one far flung area good for vacationing as it is near a beach which is not yet explored or developed. I will be buried there.

I have traveled to different parts of the world and I would like to visit Aus and some parts of Asia - Bangkok and Saigon plus Europe - Amsterdam, Wales, Madrid and Lourdes France again.

1. travelespresso profile image68

If you come to Vietnam PDH - add Hanoi to the list.  It has a lot more character and charm than Saigon IMO.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
        prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for that travelespresso.

22. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

yes

23. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Permanently ? Switzerland. Asia is going to be a big mess in next few years so have to think about relocating from now on.
    I'm not choosing AU/NZ because i've my relatives there already, same with UK/US. I've never seen Swiss mountains and cold weather so have to experience that.

1. profile image0

What way do you see Asia in a big mess in the next few years ?

1. skyfire profile image79
        skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think i have to be specific about countries in asia (Please read- India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka). India is going to be a total mess for sure because there are some religious and political issues that are just waiting to pop out which will create a lot of mess in future. Religious, regional and political problems are simply too irritating here to live normally. Cities like mumbai, delhi and pune where i work, travel and live are no longer safe (regular terrorist attacks, corruption, unsafe places for women and kids). It's really difficult for women to go out after 6pm in some areas in cities like delhi, pune and mumbai. Same applies for kids. Mind you, these are developed metro cities in the country and still unsafe. I can't trust cops because if you go out there to file complaint for anything then chances are there that you'll get wind up in some big mess and from this you can guess the law system in this country. Almost every govt office in india is corrupted and they don't process your work unless you give bribe to officers. People used to be very friendly in this country if i remember my childhood days but now a days humanity in this country is slowly declining. Sorry i can't be patriotic when the places where i live puts me into survival mode. I'm still giving back to society in terms of charity and will continue to but i do have to worry about safety over a long period of time. I want fresh air the next time i travel in train and go to some new places in this country.

1. profile image0

That is a bit sad, hope things improve rather than get worse but I have to say that nobody much round the world seems to be interested in helping these situations get any better.

I am in China where things could be said to be generally improving - with any luck the new strong China will deal with its own issues of corruption and find ways of moving forward in its politics. If that can be accomplished then the new stronger Asia grouping might just start to see improvements all around. Of course this would also require the US to stop attacking Islam and for that inflamed division to subside to more normal levels.

2. profile image0

Why would not live in Aus, NZ, US, UK because you already have relatives there? Surely having relatives there would be a benefit?

Not all of Switzerland is particularly cold, only in the mountain ranges during winter. Zurich for example averages -3°C to 2°C in the winter. Not exactly tropical, but not extreme.

Switzerland gets decent weather in the summer, average 13-24°C in Zurich in the summer.

1. skyfire profile image79
        skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Due to health issues of my parents (can't stand warm weather) europe is top in the list (not that we discarded US/UK completely) and we do need some excuse to travel to relatives in AU/NZ so that's why off the list. big_smile

24. brimancandy profile image79
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

I often think about just getting in my car and going from place to place until I find a place that I love. But, that place already exists in Saugatuck, Michigan. But, it is very expensive to live there, as it is a major tourist town. But, it is still unspoiled with very little crime, and most people are friendly. And, since it is a small town there is no horrible traffic to deal with, unless it is a major holiday weekend. (Parking is a bitch though)

Otherwise I think I would probably enjoy living in Provincetown. Never been there, but, I heard it's nice. I also thought about living in Chicago or San Fransisco. I have also thought about living in Canada, maybe Toronto or Montreal.

I have a friend that moves around a lot. He lives mostly out of an RV that he owns, and every time I chat with him on-line it seems that he is in a different place. He is currently in Lake Tahoe, but he was in Seattle before that. He is self employed, and he can take his work anywhere he wants. Not having to be tied down to one place with a job must be heaven.

But, mainly I would like to live in Saugatuck in the summer, and spend the winter months in a warm place. Maybe Orlando florida, or southern California. I have never been to California, so That would be nice to explore.

25. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

I always wanted to live overseas and got the chance. Came back to the UK due to circumstance. I agree with your opinion re learning the language. You can't truly absorb the culture without trying to learn the language of your host country.

One of the things that annoyed me about English speakers in Portugal was how many would simply speak English, expecting the Portuguese to reply in the same vein. I lost count of the times I was approached and asked something in English (they didn't know I was btw) and on occasion I replied in Portuguese - then stood there and looked at them smile

Enjoy the dreaming about where and when - and even more - enjoy the doing. You'll have a fabulous time - I did smile

26. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

There are two reasons for this, first people are divided with religion, region, language and then mindset(politics). Nobody thinks that if any person in XYZ country gets killed or if commits crime in turn creates a problem for our own species. Second reason there are many issues because of which we prefer to stay away from social problems, for example helping someone who is getting harassed by higher authority surely puts you in trouble as well and there are some similar instances where we draw ourselves out from social problems because of safety reasons. Nothing wrong with that because we screwed up the system.

I'm sure if US stops attacking pakistan then things will improve a lot in asia. Good to hear that china is improving on social front. I guess we're hijacking ryan's thread, maybe we'll discuss this in some other thread. big_smile

27. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

I've always wanted to check out Great Britain..the lovely countrysides are so inviting ..on the Britcoms I watch anyway..wink

28. profile image0

ya, but who's the broad? smile

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would never go to live to ANY socialist country like Cuba,China etc. even if you beat me with a dirty broom! Had enough of that; and I don't like to see hungry and dirty people around, makes me upset. But Canada is way too boring, you can die from  ennui here.
      http://www.pic4ever.com/images/2023.gif

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

omg girl, I swear you are the only person I have heard say exactly how I feel

;lol
        ;  whew

good post chick [bravo I say]

pack up we're headed south somewhere

outahere

home grl

thelma and louise

hmm:

i try

2. profile image0

If you never see dirty poor people you clearly don't go around the back of your store front facade or visit anyone in your trailer parks then big_smile

3. profile image0

It won't be long until the everyday person in China is wealthier than the everyday person in the US or Canada.

Didn't you hear the news? They are pure capitalist now, there are now 128 Chinese billionaires, a decade ago there were only a handful, there are 408 American billionaires.

I would hazard a guess at there being more Chinese billionaires in twenty years than American billionaires. Gone are the days of Communism in China, it is hello capitalism and a new wave of rich middle classes.

1. profile image0

You are right about the billionaires, they have the second most billionaires in the world now after America - and living here and seeing how their economic train is running at full steam and looks set to do so for the foreseeable future (20 + years for sure) I would say your forecast of twenty years is way out there, maybe less than ten as the dollar sinks against the Yuan in irresistable response to the fact that teh US has been a net importer for over 20 years now and China's lead in how to move economically upward has shown the US trade monopoly for what it is.

29. profile image0

oh abroad I thought y'all meant some girl?

hmm:

30. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

I think it's time to provide a complete NZ Immigration Service for those hubbers who want to come live in NZ.

You can contact pearldiver @ peoplesnugglers dot com...

Permanent positions here really are not so hard if you have commercial sponsorship. That's not so hard to organize if you are IT savvy. The biggest shortcut is knowing how to apply first aid to sheep and dairy cows.. as there is a huge shortage of people who are prepared to give mouth to mouth to sheep! smile

Knowing sheep (NOT Intimately) is regarded highly by the NZIS on their points system.
    But I have to ask:
    Why would you want to move here... nobody is here!
    Let me know when you plan to visit and I'll leave the front door key under the plant on the front steps... help yourself but please feed the cat.... I'm off to Thailand. smile

If you are serious... let me know.. I'll make sure you know where to catch the best fish and leave you my fishing gear... Then Immigration may even consider you for the 'Tag and Release' program. hmm
    - Do you mind wearing a plastic tag on your forehead for a year? hmm

1. profile image0

It really isn't that difficult for a British person to move to either Australia or New Zealand, particularly when we are not in a global recession. I know plenty of people who have been accepted for holding specific skills, particularly trades and engineering, I don't know anybody yet who has been rejected.

As always, there is also a work around for anybody who can splash the cash. You can buy your way in to new zealand by depositing $2m (NZ dollars) with your government for a 5 year period. Your country effectively sells 'investment visas' to successful people in return for an interest free loan. So if a British business person wanted to sell up and move to NZ they could be there in a matter of weeks, all they would need is a 25% share in a bar and enough money to loan to your government.

I may go to NZ on a working travel visa in 2012 and go and pick kiwi fruits or something, stay in hostels, and dally around smelling slightly like travellers often do. That will probably put any ambitions that I have to live there permanently firmly to bed, I will repeat the process with Australia, US, and Canada, before concluding that the UK really isn't all that bad. The 'grass is greener' as they say.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)