Hell, and the Atheist..

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (138 posts)
  1. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 12 years ago

Please watch this video from beginning to end before you post a comment.

Since there is such a debate about Hell, it's worth you checking this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vj0qKth … re=related

1. kess profile image60
      kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He has had a strong delusion that he believes a lie.....

Not that there is no Truth to the story, but since most cannot differentiate the difference then the Lie will rule ultimately....

Christian rejoices but this one will make more disciple for hell than the atheist on the Street.....

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This individual just proves how one cannot escape their own mind and it also shows how they mistakenly attribute something they don't understand to something else, just so they can feel stable about themselves. wink

3. Slarty O'Brian profile image82
      Slarty O'Brianposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If what he says is true, doesn't that make god one sick bastard? lol... It does it for me. The question is, you believe in this thing?  Why? How could you worship what amounts to a demon by all accounts? Are you sure you aren't worshiping the devil? He's a tricky bugger. Probably convince anyone that he's god. wink It sure looks that way to me. Any god as cruel and sick as yours wouldn't be worth worship even it was real.

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The idea of a god needing worship is the least logical thing I can think of. smile

1. Slarty O'Brian profile image82

And demanding it on pain of unimaginable eternal torture if you don't?  If that ain't Satan I don't know who is.

Of course the Christians have forgotten why god's need worship. The Greeks tell us it is their food.

I say starve the bunch of them to death. They have always behttp://hubpages.com/forum/topic/76989#en more trouble than they were worth. wink

aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You sure are angry about a god that is just a myth, then.
            I feel more pity for you than you ever will for me.

Virus?   lol lol lol
            That's a new one! You sure are creative.
            Was that discovered in a lab somewhere?  lol lol lol

What you never heard of memes? Yup. Christianity is a virus of the mind. You are even told to spread it, infecting others.

You show me a sick god, tell me it is all about love and then tell me if I don't believe in it I will go to hell to be tortured for eternity.

It's not about me being angry. It's about you needing mental help if you believe it.  wink

So you ARE angry.
                You also freely diagnosed me, to boot.

Thanks for helping me out.

I will have to find an anti viral pill to cure me.
                I think there's one on the market called the Goss-pill. lol lol lol

No, wait, that will just make me worse. sad

Oh well, I'm doomed to Eternity in Heaven. big_smile

You are doomed.. to wishful thinking and delusion. wink No charge.

2. getitrite profile image71
                getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.  Religion is simply a mental disorder.

As opposed to WHAT, order?
                  3D Thinking?
                  If you say so! lol

1. getitrite profile image71

The fact that you really believe that you are in a relationship with the creator of the umiverse, because you read a 2000 year old book, is proof that religion is insanity.  You know absolutely NOTHING...NOTHING about the creator of the umiverse.
                    lol lol

4. heavenbound5511 profile image64
      heavenbound5511posted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is a great testimony of God interceding in his life to save him. There are many testimonies of hell and heaven- because God has revealed it to them.

God bless you!

Do you have the opinion that if others see this crap often enough they will become like the loser in the video? lol

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

That was an interesting video. Thanks for sharing it.

3. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 12 years ago

How many times have we seen, or heard of some delusional person, converting from non-believer to believer, because of some 'out-of-body experience?'

Years ago, this happened to one of my best friends. He went from being an atheist to a believer, instantly, because of an out-of-body experience...however, I consider him to be completely delusional and in need of psychological help.  I had to severe the relationship.

These idiotic stories are, now, a dime a dozen.

My brother-inlaw did the same. Then gave up his business and destroyed his relationship with his entire family. It happens. smile

4. aka-dj profile image65

Thanks for your replies.
    I see (most of) you truly DO KNOW EVERYTHING!

There could not POSSIBLY be a true and real conversion experience in ANYONES life.
    They are merely delusional! I LOVE it! lol

Jesus (nor God) doesn't exist, so how could there possibly be any kind of relationship between He, and a human being? It MUST be delusion!

Looked to me like he was as "normal" as any of you, but then I haven't "seen" any of you. hmm

As the  guy said, if you truly cared to know (Him), all you'd need to do is ASK Him to show Himself real to you (personally). But, since you are your own "gods", you are already complete and in need of nothing.

1. Cagsil profile image70

Nice smart a$$ comment, which is and has no basis. Everything is a broad term, in and of, itself.
      Read his face and see he is a bold face liar.
      There actually isn't a true need for the existence of a god. The need is made up from the mind of the individual.
      Well, good to know, you cannot actually tell when someone is lying. No wonder why you have the view you have. I call it "chosen ignorance".
      He(the reverend) is just spouting off, just like a normal religious individual. He has learned his craft well enough to sit in front of people and attempt to convert them. Unfortunately, his eyes and facial features, show he is a liar. Too bad, so sad.
      I have needs, but a god isn't one of them. wink

Oh, I'm pretty confident I got it right, when I said ALL.

I see you are expert at telling when someone is lying. Good for you.
        But, eben without seeing MY facial expressions, you already accuse me of being one. It goes to PROOVE you know WAY too much for a mere mortal.

This guy couldn't POSSIBLY have had a real experience, or a REAL conversion to Jesus. (Note, he didn't just become ANY religion(ist) but a Christian. Why is that? Maybe 'cause Allh, Budha and all the rest are DEAD, and have NO influence beyond the grave.

But, again, that couldn't be. That would upset your doctrine of NO GOD. PERIOD.

But thanks for making this yet another colourful thread.
        (PS NO offence intended . . . nor any take, BTW!)

I know what you said.
          Now you want to make this about me? When clearly you cannot tell that the man in the video was lying. I'm sorry you cannot.
          Actually, I didn't call you a liar. I said the man in the video was.
          Any moron can understand Jesus' true teachings, once the distortion and misinformation is gone. Unfortunately, the man in the video isn't making that claim. He is claiming to have experienced a higher power and I am saying it was in his mind, which he is attributing to something he cannot explain, so he is lying about god, so he can feel better about himself.

You are right, I read it as you said I was a liar.
            I retract that comment.

But, your last point that he's lying about God, is wrong.
            How can you call his statement a lie? (Besides the fact that you say there is NO god, so to talk about him as though he existed, would be one).

To be lying, one HAS to know their statement to be false. You cannot know what he knows to be true.

I'm impressed. You admitted a mistake. WOW!
              Actually you cannot prove I am wrong.
              By paying attention to his eyes and facial expressions, just as I said in previous post.
              As I also said- he has attributed an experience he has had, to something else, because he cannot explain it. That is not difficult to understand, when you consider reading his face and eyes. What part are you missing?

I wish some atheists would have the ba11s to do the same! (Admit they are wrong)
                But that can't be. They know everything, and their opinions are right!

You are still wrong, because you label the guy a liar, and have nothing more for evidence than his facial expressions. I remain unconvinced!

I  have told the truth (besides quoting Scripture etc) and have been accused of telling a lie. I have no idea what facial expressions they saw, but they read me wrong!

And I wish people would stop associating me with atheist, but I guess we cannot always get what we want. tongue
                  Of course you would be unconvinced. Because, you NEED to believe in a god, because you fail in understanding your own life. It's obvious.
                  You have told the truth? Maybe a stretch of the imagination, but not truth.
                  Re-play your video and watch him carefully. Watch is eyes, body language and facial expression. When he needs to make a point, he will stress it, like it matters. His tone changes, his movement changes. wink

I didn't call YOU an atheist, but rather was making a blanket statement. I know you don't call yourself one. (Apology accepted, should one be forthcoming!)

Why do you now call me a "stretcher of the imagination", in effect s liar?

Can't you take statement at face value? Forget religion for a moment, and think every day life. I have been truthful, and been accused of lying. What facial expressions did I have that caused the other person to disbelieve me?
                    They were WRONG.

So, you are NOT an atheist, but you don't allow your doctrine to consider this guy as telling the truth, simply because you don't have room in your worldview for it TO BE TRUE. Therefore he MUST be lying, and his facial expressions are all you have to go on.

Of course, there is no way you can prove he is truthful or not, because what he experienced he cannot share, except by telling about it. So, you win, either way! cool

2. Slarty O'Brian profile image82

Oh yes. He had a real experience and perhaps a real conversion. Doesn't mean  he figured out what the experience actually was caused by and it doesn't mean he doesn't have confirmation bias.

Christianity is a virus with numerous traps for the mind to fall into so the virus can be efficiently spread.

But i have no doubt he experienced something and I will give him the benefit of the doubt on the conversion.

You seem to have an eternal hatred for courageous free-thinkers.
      Why is that?   Is it because you're bitter that you lack the courage to undo your indoctrination and think for yourself?

You prefer, instead, to abdicate your mind, and accept willful ignorance as truth...then insult intelligent critical thinking people. 

The man in the video is a delusional psychotic, or just a con man, but either way, he has no integrity.

Where did you get to know so much about me?
        As a free thinker, are you better that me? You sure sound condescending enough to look that way!

I'm glad you are so courageous as to tackle the like of feeble minded, indoctrinated simpletons like me. Must be tough!!
        Well done. I commend you for your courage.

3. mathsciguy profile image62
      mathsciguyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, here's the thing, aka-dj.  I can't speak for anyone else in this forum, but I think I can see where they are coming from. 
      Suppose that the man is sincere.  That seems to be your primary contention with many of the dissenters who have posted already who suppose that the man is either lying or crazy.  So, we will begin from the assumption of his sincerity and sanity.  Now, even with the assumption of sincerity and sanity, the skeptic will still not be able to accept this as proof of the existence of hell.  One reason for this is that the skeptic will not even readily accept his/her own personal experience to determine veracity of a claim, but needs to have a rigorous investigation to be peer-reviewed in order to consider it even possibly viable.  Consider that even sane people have what most people would certainly consider "crazy" dreams, bizarre illusions and moments of temporary suspension of rationality.  These are the times when shadows become monsters (even to the most rational and steadfast of us), and so if there is that alternative possibility, then the dissenter will naturally choose to believe that more likely alternative.  It isn't anything personal, it's just the way that such people's minds work.

Whatever! hmm

I just hope you either don't have such an experience, 'cause I suspect, you will be singing to a different tune! This guy IS.

As for proof of Hell, I think I know better than to offer anything as "proof". There is NO proof. It's either accepted by faith, (just as faith in God, Heaven, etc), OR, you experience something for yourself.

No-one can "prove" he has had an experience, what that was, and how "real" it was. He's a changed man as a result.

But, I'm glad you watched. You learned something.

5. mrpopo profile image71
    mrpopoposted 12 years ago

I like how the speaker says they "won't hold it against [atheists]" for being ignorant, and they follow that with background laughter.

His testimony doesn't demonstrate anything about hell existing other than in his mind.

6. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

Speaking from experience I can say there is something more after death. And I will leave it at that. You all believe what you want... but I know there is more to it than earth and worms.

1. mathsciguy profile image62
      mathsciguyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Am I to understand that you have experience with what comes after death?
      I'm really curious now as to what that could possibly entail.

7. pedrog profile image60
    pedrogposted 12 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5146598_f248.jpg

8. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

Courageous free thinkers oh c'mon ,you typed that statement from behind a computer screen and wont even show your face lol lol

Courageous-yea right!

P.S Dj doesnt have a hateful bone in his whole body! ,thats so wrong.

Thanks.
      Apparently he knows stuff about me that even I didn't know. lol

At least I have the courage to stand up to this lie that you allow yourself to be victim to.  My photo has nothing to do with this. 

And I would tell you that right to your face.
      I tell believers all the time, in person, how ridiculous and childish their beliefs are.  Your assertions are nonsense.

I know, he's just relaying the hate that God taught him. smile

What hate?

You keep making things up about me, out of thin air, and have the hide to call me hateful. Is that how far your free thinking has taken you? To be judgmental of people you don't even know?

I did not call you hateful in my last response.
          You, my friend, are reading more into the statement than what I actually said.

I merely said that "He is only relaying what God has taught him."  Isn't this what you consider to be the truth?

Where did I mention ANY hatred?

Right here;
            "You seem to have an eternal hatred for courageous free-thinkers."

Eternal, no less. That kinda adds weight to the hatred part.

But you SEEM to attack our intellect, vehemently, with your statements referring to us as "knowing everything" and "being our own Gods."  Maybe it's not hatred, AS YOU SEE IT, but that is perceived as condescension and disdain.

You don't see God's message as hate, because you are still indoctrinated.  I understand, I was too.  You are only repeating what you believe to be true...

I wish people didn't get so upset about their indoctrinated beliefs...and that they would really put the effort into really thinking them through...before crucifying the opposition.

9. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

I wish that people could see that there are many pieces of one complete truth.
      The man in the video honestly described a piece of truth as he experienced it.

He described a very small portion of a very large truth.

10. melpor profile image91
    melporposted 12 years ago

Howard  just had an out of the body experience or near death experience. He is just describing the fleeting moments of life while his brain was shutting down. Everything he is describing here are fragments of his memories and lifetime experiences.

11. profile image0
    blake4dposted 12 years ago

We all could be wrong, well all could be right, and we all might be both. It is possible that none of us know the truth, amd even more likely that none of us ever will. What is true and sad. Is that everyday someone wants to prove their way is right, not because they care about others...but they want to feel good about themselves and powerful because they were the one that led everybody to the truth. Then one of two things happens...

Everyone falls in line and does see it the way it was communicated, and that messenger becomes an ego filled manipulator, who really probably just wanted someone to tell him he is loved and that its okay that he is not perfect.

Or

Everyone turns around and starts aruguing, bickering and eventually provides the messenger with proof that the wicked are deceiving themselves. And although this proof is falsely gathered information, this person then goes and begins to believe they should fight a war for everyone's souls...

Why do all of you prey on this person with your opinions, and why do you dear sir not see that if you maybe right so may everyone else. If anyone has any spiritual motives here - then just leave do not resist and do not retaliate.

And I ummm I checked
    Jesus has definately left the building.
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5147044_f248.jpg

12. aka-dj profile image65

If someone is a non believer nd gets converted later in life, by their own free will, (day like the guy on the video ) how can you call that indoctrination?
    If that were true, then you are also indoctrinated into your current beliefs. It can't be a catch all phrase just to sooth your conscience.
    I didn't see any apology for calling me hateful. I guess you are always right, so there is no need to.

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

an atheist demonstrates instant 'conversion' of atheists

http://godconfusion.blogspot.com/2011/0 … ts-to.html

Top link Bailey!

Guaranteed not to be seen all the way through by the terminally religious! lol

1. aguasilver profile image71
          aguasilverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Shucks Earnest, I watched that all the way through, of course I have to state that by your own criterion, there is no proof that it was not set up from the start, or do different measures of proof apply to atheists?

Point Two is that the 'enemy' can also manifest as an angel of light(and they did all say they felt a 'spiritual force' present in the room, which in itself was interesting as they were, at that point, ostensibly atheists)and our friend in the video, the illusionist, would be a very suitable candidate for spiritual invasion by the enemy, especially as he set out in the first place to deceive and manipulate, two of the enemies best weapons!

No overall, that would not shake a believers faith, rather make us more aware that the enemy seeks to deceive all mankind, and would deceive even the 'elect', if that were possible.

Like the guy said, they all left in exactly the same state they arrived, deceived and deluded.

Yep! It was all a setup Aquasilver.

Goddunnit. smile

Oh no Earnest, God did not 'dunnit' if it was a setup, put the credit where it is due, the 'NMEDUNNIT' to use your 'parrotphrasing' smile

Good to see you are still spouting off! lol

It's called keeping it real in the non fairy land aqua. smile

2. profile image0

or maybe it's no god & no devil & the hypnotism is just the same

Well frankly, 18 years seems a long time to be hypnotised, especially as I would seemingly have been hypnotised in an olive grove where nobody else was present, but then I guess you do need some solace in your search for nothingness, so feel free to not believe whatever you cannot accept.

I found something tangibly real and effective in changing my life, which I have managed to convey to others, once they had reached the limit of their disbelief.

Now it seems they had seen something about my life that they wished they could share, and as I knew exactly what it was that had transformed me, it has always been simple to provide the link, when someone wants to have it.

For those who wish to wallow in non belief, I feel sorrow, but nothing more sinister than sorrow, for they chose to not believe what they wish, and seem intent in attempting to drag others into their belief in nothingness.

Strange, but their perfect free will choice.

1. profile image0

Here's some more mass hypnotism for ya - sadly of children

http://godconfusion.blogspot.com/2011/0 … ldren.html

this is the main reason I speak out against indoctrination into such nonsense

1. DoubleScorpion profile image78
                  DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

WOW...Reminds me of my church when I was a kid.

You know..I have seen things simular in Wiccan Rituals...The only difference...They don't allow anyone under the age of 18 to attend. And in some groups, rituals are off limits to anyone under the age of 21.

I also know that a person can be easily manipulated if they refuse to think for themselves. If this wasn't the case, guys wouldn't patrol the bars looking for drunk ladies to trick into going home with them. Inability to think for oneself, leaves you vunerable to predators of all types.

2. profile image0
                  Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That video was sickening. If there hadn't been children in it, I wouldn't have believed it was real. That should be illegal.

3. profile image0

At the end, he himself is confused as to whether it's fiction, or real?
              I guess he's clueless about the spirit he's operating in. hmm

Hi aka,

Well he seems to be making a good living out of his deceptions, so no wonder he's staying ignorant about his 'power source'! smile

Any news on travel plans yet?

1. profile image0

to break the hypnosis of years of what I had been brainwashed with, I took myself away & applied rational thinking.
                  His aim wasn't to deconvert people from their beliefs - he was illustrating how easy it is to make people feel like they are having a 'spiritual' experience

2. profile image0

he doesn't have any supernatural power source.  He's a mentalist & illusionist.  He makes it clear when he 'reads minds' etc that he's not psychic - he doesn't believe in the supernatural.  He used to be a pentecostal christian

Ahh! I see, so because he tells you he has no 'supernatural power source' you believe him, his word is sufficient evidence for you, but a believers is not, OK I can see the logic there, no need for further examination.

I've seen the 'Jesus Camp' rubbish before, no more a supporter of that than you are, actually don't think it works and more likely to drive them into the enemy's hands when they reach puberty, like I said the enemy takes his deceptions where he finds them.

Now if you were brainwashed, your conversion was not hypnosis, with hypnosis you cannot make a person do what they will not do, or so I was taught when I started to study it 35 years ago, (it looked like a good living then).

That fact alone makes one question the validity of the video, I mean, were they all atheists who secretly wished they could believe? and as such were able to be hypnotised?

Brainwashing on the other hand takes serious conditioning, and mainly will be retained because the person brainwashed would stay stuck in their conditioning, unless you re brainwashed them into some other brainwashed mutation.

Which is why I dislike the 'Jesus Camp' stuff, 'cos it opens the kids up to receiving fresh brainwashing from the enemy.

Did you attend something like 'Jesus Camp'?

1. profile image0

I thought you were right into the pentecostal scene.  I went to many 'jesus camps' and every week at church was this kind of performance. 
                    This was brainwashing that suffocated the development of my rational brain for many years. 
                    The only enemy is the religionists who indoctrinate children with this garbage.
                    You obviously haven't heard of conversational hypnosis.  It is not necessary to ask permission to hypnotise before it works.  People in the pentecostal scene are wide open to suggestion with all the music etc.
                    The more traditional churches get in the 'trance' state with their traditions, candles etc

2. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Baileybear
        Illusionist 'converts' atheists to believe in God: interesting

The mind of suggestion is a very powerful thing, a hypnotist had me almost doing a strip tease on a hypnotist stage show. He then told me after the show that he could not get me to do it because my mind was too aware of what was going on

1. Castlepaloma profile image76

Maybe!!! I could start a God cult too and make a great deal of money.

NAHHH, my conscious would bother me to death.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
          Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good point Castle.

Its funny isnt it ,we send our children to school and various clubs and groups to be what educated?.....well we hope they are being educated.

When I was working in the education system ,most parents were unaware of what we were teaching their little darlings.

But of course thats not called being indoctrinated ,evolution slides in through a different door...

3. profile image0

I watched a video clip of this hypnotist making a guy 'drunk' - was quite amusing
          http://youtu.be/zryGzTbU49I

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You know the answer to that DJ

Because they can....and they do.

It would be refreshing if eveyone left the word "you" out of responses though.

Y'know attack the subject and not the person smile

13. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 12 years ago

Since the "converted" person seems to always "choose" the religion prevalent in their culture(the one they've been exposed to from childhood)it suggests that there is a subliminal suggestion already present.

I'd like to see an atheist whose been raised in another culture, and know nothing of Christianity, convert to Christianity...after a near death experience.

Does anyone have any examples?

1. profile image0

problem these days is that unless you are in a tribe or cult isolated away form the internet, radio, TV you will have awareness of different religions globally.  When I was researching my hub on death, I found a quote about an atheist NDE where a middle eastern woman took away his pain.

2. aguasilver profile image71

Nice aspect, I will take a look for that, but you are giving us a three part triangulation.

If I found that, would you change your stance, or just call it a fluke?

It would, of course, be open to further investigation.  I am not prone to just taking things on face value.  Especially since not one believer has produced ANY evidence of this concept that they worship...yet.

Every believer is evidence!

I will grant you that the majority of professing Christians would be hard pressed to offer evidence from their lives, but believers are living testimony in themselves. First hand evidence.

1. profile image0

measurable evidence that would hold up in a court of law?  I think not

14. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 12 years ago

There is no hell.
    Even if there is one, it can not be a tourist spot, nor can it be open to visits by anyone, be he an atheist, agnostic or fervently religious.

15. Eaglekiwi profile image75

An Asperger's View

Nothing really new with respect to the Pentecostal movement.

Bit like a rock concert ,no two meetings  are quite the same.

I thought the whole Amazing! Howard Storm Show was too extreme. From extreme atheist to extreme Christian and he make money from both.

Must be like:  I was always high drugs now I’m high on Jesus

A better ending would be the Wizard of OZ show, at first he was enjoying the high on power and hiding from the witch. Then later he found middle ground solutions for courage, the heart and mind

1. profile image0

which howard storm show?

Baileybear

It's from aka-dj first post

Please watch this video from beginning to end before you post a comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vj0qKth … re=related

1. profile image0

apparently most people report pleasant NDEs, even atheists.  Having a 'hell' one is not so common

2. profile image0

some pentecostal churches are like a rock concert - coloured lights, crowds etc.
      Here's a mega church in Australia: 

http://youtu.be/m_OVrA_wjwI

16. dutchman1951 profile image61
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

Hell is a Christian Invention to scare religionists strait!

athiest, real ones, have no fear or concern for it.

Satanism, from what I have seen of the practice, and been around in my years, are usualy, afronted folks, insulted by religion and its practice of overwelming people and are countering it with open distain. Problem is Satanism, is also a religon! and it also denies reality.

as proof I offer you the Opening sentences in the "Satanic Bible!"  quote" everything real is un-real" Everything True is un-true"  We have advanced to far as a planet to know the universe and earth is not real or un-true?

neither Devil, Satanisat etc.. have anything to do with atheism, and true practice of the lifestyle and personal belief that God does not exhist.

it is freedom of choice, not a sin, or any other Christian concept of it.

"Hell is a Christian Invention to scare religionists strait!"
      Actually, it was Jesus who spoke of it, here;
      4“Dear friends, don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot do any more to you after that. 5But I’ll tell you whom to fear. Fear God, who has the power to kill you and then throw you into hell.a Yes, he’s the one to fear.

I'll look after my body if it's all the same to you thanks! smile

By all means, do.

It's actually scriptural for you to "love your flesh", IE take care of it.
          Even more if you are a Christian, because we are told that "we are the temple of the Holy Spirit". So, we ought not defile it with , . . well, . . anything harmful, immoral etc.

If the picture of you is accurate, you look pretty healthy to me. big_smile

Well I feel at least that good DJ. And all without religion. smile

Good for you.
              I don't care much for religion either, but that discussion has been flogged to death, so we won't go there.

You ARE religion DJ. smile

The last time I looked in the mirror, I was a man, but I will take it under advice!

Are you ATHEISM? hmm

I doubt it. Or are you just trying to wind me up?

Just winding you up mate! smile

17. Dannycrafts profile image68
    Dannycraftsposted 12 years ago

I'm not religious, but I think that experiencing reality without a body makes gives you the opportunity to see it all. I think even though he is following the bible, he has a more clear idea of how things work.

18. Bibowen profile image87
    Bibowenposted 12 years ago

I watched that video and it's sobering. Like many others, I am skeptical about the contents, but I also believe that things happen that are not subject to empirical investigation because of their unpredictability. It's too simplistic to deny their happening because we could not verify them by the rigors of scientific analysis.

It also struck me that if what this man experienced was real (and there have been other similar reports of such events--both of heaven and of hell--then the worst, the very worst people in the world are those that are deceiving people, their children, their friends, by going around and saying "there is no hell" when they really don't know.

We all have (or did have) a fear of hell. It's not just a "psychological condition" because of the conditioning of our teaching or "existential dread."

Anyone who has ever seen the movie "Ghost" knows what I'm talking about. I have forgotten many more graphic images on film, but I have never forgotten the image of that man (I don't even remember the character's name now) being dragged to the eternal basement, and it's been a long time ago since I saw it. And I don't imagine any one else has forgotten it either who saw the film, regardless of whether or not they were taught to believe in hell.

19. Eaglekiwi profile image75

At least Earnest has a keen sense of humour,I like that in an Atheist -hehe smile

A very Australian sense of humour though.... doesn't always travel well.

Do German's even have a sense of humour?

My German mate gets none of my humour at all! lol

With apologies to my German grandfather of course!

20. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Waiting for the bus the other day, the wind blew all but one of the umbrellas inside out.

I commented that it may get windy later, and never raised a smile. Geez what a tough audience! lol

That's Melbourne for you! lol

Must be, people are like the weather. sad

Agreed DJ, usually a friendly lot, and it was a lousy day. smile
        I thought they may all have been from outta town. smile

Ex-Queenslanders returning.big_smile

lol lol lol Ya know, there could be a whole bunch of that going on!
            We just got a right wing government after about a million years of the left.
            Come to think of it they would have been arriving! lol

What I should have said was, ex-Melbournians who moved to Qld, returning!

Spot on DJ.
                We get a fair bit of that. Victoria is a very strong economy, and stable to boot. smile Queensland has a lot of "banana benders" who think and move pretty slowly. smile

21. danishkaleem profile image59
    danishkaleemposted 12 years ago

u did ur best efforts

22. Richard Fernandez profile image63
    Richard Fernandezposted 12 years ago

From an objective standpoint:

You have to consider the source. Really, consider the sources, both of them.

In law anecdotal evidence has been PROVEN as unreliable at best, do not even ask about the scientific method.

If you want to try and prove that an afterlife exists, I would recommend utilizing empirical methods to persuade us who favor reason and logic for our beliefs.

As for HELL vs. afterlife: To believe in hell you must believe in evil. Evil simply does not exist. I would love to open a dialogue with anyone who would like to open up the OBJECTIVE discussion.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)