OMG - I HAVE to share this!

Jump to Last Post 1-39 of 39 discussions (77 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

I'm sorry, but I just have to post this: Yesterday was my best day EVER on HP. Highest traffic day since I joined, and highest earnings, too. IF (notice I said big "if") this continues, my family will have an extremely merry Christmas!

1. Talia J profile image58
      Talia Jposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!

2. seyoni profile image60
      seyoniposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on a great job. Hard word really pays off, so I guess its Pre-Merry Christmas to you and family  :-)

3. moonlake profile image82
      moonlakeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My score plunged to 89 this morning from 93 have no idea why.  It did this over night.
      Congrats on your traffic.
      I have no idea what's going on. Mine have steadily went down. Today is the worst ever.

4. MissJamieD profile image56
      MissJamieDposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's awesome sweetie! I know the feeling of wanting your children to have the best Christmas, it's a goal of mine this year as well. I think with the economy the way it is, we can all relate:) Congratulations on your success, I wish you many more days like yesterday!!

2. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Congratulations Habee!

3. thooghun profile image94
    thooghunposted 12 years ago

Nice! It's been a good time for me as well, and it ain't even Christmas yet! big_smile

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah! I can hardly wait!

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Thanks, Izzy! Have you escaped the "plunge"?

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, still stuck in the doldrums, but ever hopeful smile

5. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 12 years ago

Congrats Habee!

This is a record month for me too.  I have hit an all-time high in pageviews too.  I'm soooooo hoping this continues for awhile.

1. habee profile image92

Back atcha, KCC!

6. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

Another congrats from me, too, Habee.  My traffic has been pretty steady at high levels for about a month now (although adsense shows a fairly steep increasing curve) and earnings are definitely at record levels.  Yesterday probably beat my all time record by a factor of 4 if I don't look at last Christmas or double those figures if I include that seasonal spike.  If the month continues as it has been income will be higher than I ever expected to see from HP and I can't imagine what Christmas will be like.

It has gone on long enough now that I begin to actually hope that it will continue without the massive plunging that others have suffered through.  I just wish that whatever is causing that could be found and fixed - it isn't right that so many of our best hubbers have been slapped that way.

1. habee profile image92

Same here. It seems like my and your traffic patterns have been much the same, from what I've seen on your posts.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually I don't think so.  I had the incredible increase in traffic but no plunge at all.  It just tripled and stayed right there, dropping a couple of hundred Friday and Saturday but then coming right back up on Sunday.  Typical variations for me.

I've waited with bated breath for that huge plunge but it just hasn't happened - it all makes absolutely no sense to me.

1. habee profile image92

You never had the Panda plunge?? I did, and it hurt! Since August, however, my traffic has been much the same as yours. Are you like me - scared to look at your stats?

1. IzzyM profile image86

Do you remember the date in August, Habee, that your traffic took off?
            Was it round about the 10th?

Google had a Panda run then and some of us were well-slapped!

As much as I hope your traffic continues, if its Google-related, then who knows what might happen next time the algo is run?

I'm not the greatest writer in the world, but looking at some of the muck that is tops for some of my targeted keywords, I despair.

On the other hand, on some of the topics I write about (serious stuff), the ones above me are brilliant.

I was above them for a time and I never understood why.

But I understand even less why I am behind a site that is nothing but links to others, with no writing at all, or behind sites that are just copy/pastes from Amazon descriptions.

A Panda plunge hurts, as you say.

But a lot of the SERPS are all messed up now.

Just hoping we all come out well in the end.

1. habee profile image92

I just looked at my analytics. My traffic rose sharply on Aug.23 - same as with Wilderness. Since then it has been rising slowly but steadily. I might have a slight dip here and there, like on weekends, but it's been pretty consistent. When is the next algorithm change for big G??

2. wilderness profile image95

Yes I am scared to look.  Izzy, for instance, is AT LEAST as good a writer as I am and has a lot more experience and I have no illusions but that what she is facing could well be tomorrow for me. 

I bumped up a little the middle of July to about pre-panda levels, but then surged to 3X pre-panda on Aug 23-34 and have stayed right there.  I am slowly gaining hope that I won't see the plunge, but at the same time it has been a real eye-opener to see some of those writers on HP that have plunged.  Izzy, Randy, Nell and many more just don't deserve what google is giving them.

7. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 12 years ago

Congrats! mine has been up and down like a seesaw! but it is steadily rising, hoping to get more, fingers crossed!

8. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 12 years ago

Merry Christmas Habee! (that's my way of saying congrats and hope it continues until Christmas season and even next year) smile

9. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

Well congratulations!!!

I think I'd best figure some things out and write some more articles if I expect to have a Christmas.

10. saddlerider1 profile image58
    saddlerider1posted 12 years ago

Yippy Kyee, congratulations, you deserve it, your a fine writer if this Poet must say so:-))

1. habee profile image92

Awwww...what a nice thing to say, Saddle!

11. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Cool Habee! smile cool

12. pinkish profile image56
    pinkishposted 12 years ago

Wow! Congratulations! smile

13. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Congratulations, habee!  Merry Christmas!!!!

14. ubanichijioke profile image75
    ubanichijiokeposted 12 years ago

Well done and congrats!

15. Ms Chievous profile image66
    Ms Chievousposted 12 years ago

Congrats!  I am happy for you!

16. bgpappa profile image78
    bgpappaposted 12 years ago

Congrats

17. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

congrats! I am definately on an upward trend too!

18. andyoz profile image86
    andyozposted 12 years ago

Congrats Habee, I've also had my best month ever, after not really writing much on here for the past 4 or 5 months I'm back in the swing.  This will be my first Christmas period on Hubpages so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

19. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

You guys are da bomb! I sincerely hope that those hubbers who have been "plungers" will see a big increase in traffic and income, and that those of us who are doing well continue to do so!

20. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 12 years ago

Now that we are all isolated in our own subdomains, the writers who offer high quality reap the rewards. And those who don't, end up losing traffic.

Your best day ever is a reflection on the quality of your writing Habee.

Congratulations! And may all the days to come continue to be your best days ever!

1. shogan profile image78
      shoganposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Now that we are all isolated in our own subdomains, the writers who offer high quality reap the rewards. And those who don't, end up losing traffic."

My traffic is up, and I still don't think this is necessarily true.

Congrats, habee!  Very cool.

2. habee profile image92

Glenn, I appreciate the compliment!

21. seamist profile image60
    seamistposted 12 years ago

Glen

I have stayed silent long enough about some of these comments. I resent your comment "the writers who offer high quality reap the rewards. And those who don't, end up losing traffic." I have plunged to levels I haven't seen since my first six months here. I find it amazing that you have only written 58 hubs compared to my 255, and yet you can say those hubbers who have plunged don't have high quality hubs. I'm sorry, but if I wasn't on a public forum, you would get a good old Midwestern tongue thrashing.

1. IzzyM profile image86

Just ignore the comment seamist. It was ill-thought out and offensive, but rise above it, especially on this thread which is Habee's happy one.

1. seamist profile image60
        seamistposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am happy for Habee. However, it just finally got to me. I've already heard these type of comments on other threads, and I have stayed graciously silent, but enough is enough. Someone needs to speak up for those who have plunged. Have these negative commenters even read any of the hubs of those of who have plunged. No wonder I don't participate in these forum very much.

Seamist, I think we all know very well that it isn't just "bad" hubbers that have plunged.  I see some of our best writers reporting their plunge and just don't understand it.

Although I have seen only the huge surge and not a plunge at all I still have spent hours and hours of time trying to figure out what has happened.  I've looked at the data provided by the plungers and surgers both, I've concocted (mostly half baked) theories and done my feeble best to help out with ideas and suggestions.  To no avail, and it really hurts to see these fine writers going through this. 

Mostly I've just kept my mouth shut for the very reason you are speaking of, but it doesn't mean I don't care.  Nor am I alone; there are lots out here in hubber land that hurt right along with you.

1. Aficionada profile image80
            Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Beautifully stated!

2. seamist profile image60

Wilderness

Thank you for your supportive message; I appreciate it.

1. IzzyM profile image86

Hey, we are all in this together!

I sense a little anguish coming from you....as indeed I feel too. You have half as many hubs as me, yet we are both being punished, for what?

Habee has quite a bit more than the two of us, she has mine plus yours, in a manner of speaking.

Habee is an excellent writer, as you are too from the one or two hubs I have looked at - sorry about that, I'm not a great hub reader

There seems to be no rhyme nor reason for Google splitting us all.

So let's just stick together, and maybe soon both you and I will be back on track!

1. Aficionada profile image80
                Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ditto to K9keystrokes' comment above - for this one and the one two posts of yours back, Izzy.  Aw, shoot, how about for all of them!

You and habee are the team leaders here.  And wilderness - let's throw him in this too.  Thanks for keeping us focussed on the big picture!

Not much of a leader, I'm afraid - I'm far too ignorant of how the web works to lead anyone there.  I'm learning, and I try, but that's about it.

On the other hand, Izzy is right about us all being together here.  I've received a lot of very good advice and help from hubbers - there is absolutely no reason it can't continue.  Telling someone they can't write is no help at all - that kind of "help" need not be offered without some concrete solutions to go with it.

1. habee profile image92

You know, that's what's so ironic. I know zilch about computers and the internet. I've been wondering lately if Google, HPads, and Amazon have my ID #s confused with someone else's! lol

Like you, Wilderness, I've pondered all different kinds of scenarios as to why hubber A prospers now, while hubber B is plunging, and then A plunges while hubber C rises. I really don't know enough about Google and SEO to even make a semi-intelligent guess, however.

22. K9keystrokes profile image85
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

I am so happy for you habee! If anyone deserves to make good $ from HP it is you! I wish you and your family continued prosperity! cool

23. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

I don't think I've been successful because I'm a great writer, nor do I think all the "plungers" are bad writers. I think one thing I have going for me is a large number of hubs covering a wide range of topics. I mix "evergreen" topics with seasonal topics, so maybe I'm getting a "double whammy." I also think pure luck has a little to do with it.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image71
      Maddie Ruudposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Perseverance has a lot to do with it too, habee.  It's paid off.  Congrats!

1. habee profile image92

Prolly true!

24. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

Congratulations, habee!  It couldn't happen to a nicer person.

Eek, but wait, hold on!  I don't mean by that that anyone else who has not achieved this is not a nice person.  I really don't mean that!

Many of the plungers that I know are very nice people!  And good writers / good Hubbers too!

All told, I am very happy for you.

1. IzzyM profile image86

Gawd, in the current climate, it really gets difficult, congratulating someone doing well, doesn't it? big_smile big_smile big_smile

1. habee profile image92

This made me laugh out loud - literally! I was kinda thinking the same thing just when I saw your post.

1. IzzyM profile image86

it is true, however, that the whole subdomain issue has opened a hole between hubbers that shouldn't be there.

It used to be that what was good for you was good for the whole site, and vice versa, but not now.

I always said this issue could be divisive, and we don't want that.

We are a team. We are team HP!

And as such, we will continue to congratulate those doing well, and sympathise with those who are not doing so well.

I still believe things will work out well in the end.

It is of vital importance, now, that all hubbers think before they type something that may be perceived to be insult.

Team HP go!!

(Tuesday and keystrokes, your check is in the post smile)

2. K9keystrokes profile image85
        K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

IzzyM, this is one of the many reasons why I adore you!

2. habee profile image92

Lol. Thanks a bunch!

25. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

26. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

Well done habee and the others, 772 hubs it a lot of writing and research you deserve to see results.

May I just add that I think if it was just about perseverance surely - Izzy would be flying high she is a 'grafter' and has put much time and effort into creating her hubs, 507 hubs in less than two years wins my respect.

27. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 12 years ago

Awesome! SO happy for you!

28. MPG Narratives profile image59
    MPG Narrativesposted 12 years ago

So happy for you Habee (and your family), it's great to hear good news. Enjoy the spoils of your hard work. smile

29. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 12 years ago

I also have had my highest earnings in one month so far during this September. Congratz Habee and gl to everyone else!

~thranax~

30. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

Fantastic, Holle! You're always an inspiration!

31. sagebrush_mama profile image61
    sagebrush_mamaposted 12 years ago

Congratulations! How exciting!

32. jcmayer777 profile image64
    jcmayer777posted 12 years ago

Awesome.  I love hearing success stories!

33. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Believe me, I want EVERYONE on HP to do well! Honestly, a couple of months back, I was just about to give up, especially when practically all of us were tanking. I saw no glimmer of light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. Then, in August, my traffic returned, practically overnight. And since then, it just keeps getting better and better. Earnings do, too! Will it last? Who knows. Google scares the crap out of me. They could tweak their algorithm tomorrow, and I might be back to making $5 or $6 a day, like I was for a couple of months...l-o-n-g months they were, too. lol

I feel really bad for hubbers who are good writers and who have worked hard, but don't get the rewards they deserve. All I can say is to hang in there! If it happened to me, it can happen to you. And I might be on here tomorrow in despair because my traffic has disappeared once again. Ya know, I never have liked roller coasters...lol

1. seamist profile image60

Habee

I'm sorry if I rained on your parade. I am happy for you. Although it may seem otherwise, none of my comments today were directed at your success. They were meant to be directed to Glenn's comment. Anyway, I hope you'll accept my apologies.

1. habee profile image92

Seamist, I understand where you're coming from. No apology needed!

2. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Seamist,  I am wondering how you misunderstood my congratulatory post to Habee. My comment was meant to explain why she is doing so well. I said "Writers who offer high quality reap the rewards." 

Then I concluded it with "And those who don't, end up losing traffic."

That does not mean that those who lose traffic are not good writers. Show me where you think I said that.

A ► B does not imply B ► A

If you want to talk about losing traffic, it's a totally different issue that many good writers are struggling with.

There are many reasons why Google does not send traffic to well written hubs. But the most important reason is the one stated by Michael Wyszomierski at Google... "low-quality content can impact an entire domain."   That's why HP split us into subdomains.

So now that we are in our own subdomains, any of our own low quality hubs can effect all the rest of our hubs. Hey, I'm trying to help here. Don't take everything so personally. I had to remove a few of MY worst performing hubs in order to get the traffic up again. And all I can say is that it worked.

I hope you don't misinterpret this post too. Those who know me know that my intentions are always to help others. I looked back at my post that upset you to see if I owed anyone an apology. My conclusion is that I don't, except for the words you put in my mouth.

But Habbe, I do owe you a personal apology since I never intended for your best day ever to take such as twist.

1. habee profile image92

No problem, Glenn!

34. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

I am trying to stay hopeful but,I just had a huge surge and then a crashing drop...it's a little unnerving and I'm not sure if writing more will help or  not..

35. sofs profile image75
    sofsposted 12 years ago

Congrats Habee surge on!!! smilesmilesmile

36. iviskei profile image70
    iviskeiposted 12 years ago

Congratz and happy early xmas~~!

One of my Hubs just had a random traffic increase. 36 views in one day!! That's never happened!! Plus I had a random pile of comments, which made me super happy too. I dunno what happened, but I hope this continues~

37. Alastar Packer profile image71
    Alastar Packerposted 12 years ago

Always happy when a Georgia Lady does well. You don't think AP brought luck with his 4-leaf clover tat do you. Your own efforts are the reason of course. Congrats habee!

38. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 12 years ago

Congrats habee!  Your hard work is paying off and is encouragement for the rest of us.  I have noticed higher earnings as I am adding summaries to my hubs.  That is my one tip to people who may not have done that already.  Keep on hubbing!  smile

1. habee profile image92

I'm working on the summaries thing, but it's taking me forever. lol. Glad you have some good news to share!

39. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years ago

Habee,

Congrats to you, this shows that perseverance has paid off.

We are all in this for the long haul.

Panda came and created smoke by sandboxing all of us and made for quite a shitty 6 months for everyone. New Hubbers & experienced Hubbers as well as the staff and owners at HP HQ were affected.

We seem to be at least for the last few weeks recovering and gaining higher than before Panda. Some quality Hubbers and writers may also still be tanking and being hit hard and I do feel for them.

I just would like to see the political idiocy and bullshit fighting behind us and get back to helping each other out.

Some will whinge for eternity, but Habee, I have always found you and many others always positive and helpful.

Right on!!

May your traffic double in 12 months smile

1. habee profile image92

Awww...thank you, Jase! My positive outlook has helped me through some rough times. I'm glad to hear that you've recovered from the Panda slap!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)