Whats been Your best/closest pet

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Eternal Evolution profile image71
    Eternal Evolutionposted 15 years ago

What pet do you have or have you had that's been the best/closest to you,

I had a Boston Terrier named Slade, he passed away not quite a year ago. I miss him terribly, he was the last christmas present my dad gave me before he passed away. That little dog was with me through many hard times, he'll never be forgotten.

1. lawretta profile image63
      lawrettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My pet's name is Timmy and it's a dog(German Shepard). I love my dog so much!

2. alekhouse profile image72
      alekhouseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A wonderful Golden Retriever named Samantha. We called her Sam. She was an angel. She died 5 years ago, but I think about her all the time.

3. alekhouse profile image72
      alekhouseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A golden retriever named Samantha. She was the sweetest, smartest dog I ever had. We were so bonded that, when she died a few years ago, I couldn't talk about her for a year without crying.

2. icewave5 profile image60
    icewave5posted 15 years ago

The only pet i had was a fish <>< , all they are for is too look good and get fat....and low maintenance work smile

Eternal Evolutionposted 15 years agoin reply to this

lol i have fish too, i love to watch them. We had a parot fish that would actualy interact with people, it was weird nd funny.

3. Christian HomeBiz profile image60
    Christian HomeBizposted 15 years ago

I also had a Boston I had to put down last July - she was 13. They're really good dogs, great size too. I now have a Staffordshire Terrier (well, actually he's 5, had him while she was still alive).

Eternal Evolutionposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My Boston was only 4 when he died, but i don't think he was well breed. The place we got him from looked like a puppy mill sad but i coulsn't just leave him there. I curently have a Boxer Joda and a Pit Bull Bowser. They are both great dogs but that little Boston will always hold a special plae in my heart.

4. JamaGenee profile image78
    JamaGeneeposted 15 years ago

A cross-eyed Siamese cat.

5. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 15 years ago

My Parrot who nibbles my butt it kinda tickles but I love him to bits.

6. Solorya profile image68
    Soloryaposted 15 years ago

My pound puppy Roy. He's a big 90 lb snuggling lab who sits on my feet, climbs on the couch or bed to cuddle up to me, and thinks I'm the best thing in the world. What's not to love? (his pic is on my hub about dog breeds...i couldn't resist!)

7. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 15 years ago

The pets I was closest to were two long lived cats...at different times
    The first was a cat that wondering into our family garage when I was 9 years old. She lived 26 years...
    The second was a cat I picked out of a litter of kittens after another cat disappeared.
    She lived 23 years...

8. distinctive1_mg profile image57
    distinctive1_mgposted 14 years ago

Probably my two adult beardies. My grandfather who loved reptiles and had a passion for them, left them to me. I still have them so I continue to grow fond of them. They love relaxing on my shoulder to watch tv.

9. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 14 years ago

My closest pet was the Redbone cross in my profile picture. I got him when I was almost nine years old and he was only two days old. His mother died right after giving birth, so I bottlefed the litter and kept him. That dog was the first I ever obedience trained (I've now trained hundreds), I showed him in 4-H for 10 years, and he used to go everywhere with me. Many people have commented on how close we were, that dog would never let me out of his sight unless he absolutely had to. He passed away just two months ago at the age of 15.

10. k@ri profile image85
    k@riposted 14 years ago

My two best friends were Emma a chocolate lab and Pumpkin a big orange tabby.  I was lucky enough to have them both in my life at the same time...however that meant they both left me at about the same time.  I could say they broke my heart, but that would dishonor our love for each other.  They enriched my life and still do by their memories.

11. Ellandriel profile image74
    Ellandrielposted 14 years ago

My cat Pif, he followed me to school and waited for me ...

The only thing he didn't have was voice to speak...so smart!

12. frogdropping profile image79
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Hard choice. Had a fantastic german shepherd and now a bengal. Both fabulous animals.

I have also aqcuired two ducks in my local park and a pigeon on my apartment window sill. They're not very fabulous though.

And none will respond to voice commands.

13. anime_nanet profile image59
    anime_nanetposted 14 years ago

My cat Menchi... except it's not really my cat anymore since the break-up.

It was a nasty litlle fellow but I loved him just the same...

14. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

This is very hard for me...  But, I will have to say my 16 year-old cat that passed away last year named Roscoe.  He was my "first" cat I owned all by myself.  He was a feisty little beast sometimes, but I rather enjoyed how he could hold his own.  In fact, he was dog-like.  We got even closer when he developed diabetes and I had to keep a close eye on him.  I almost lost him twice and brought him back.  In the end, he died of intestinal cancer.  I still miss him dearly.

15. babedoll50 profile image60
    babedoll50posted 14 years ago

Our Chocolate lab named Diesel passed away about 3 weeks ago.  He was 11 and the best friend anyone could ever ask for.

I never thought I would miss a pet but everyday I cant believe how hard it is around the house without him.

I have a hub on here about him. 

It was a tragic loss to all of us

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am so sorry babedoll.  I feel for you, we've had 2 recent losses.  My dog died last Halloween and it's been miserable.  I am so very sorry and understand how lonely it is around the house.  Hang in there.

1. babedoll50 profile image60
        babedoll50posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you,  time heals all wounds but its going to be my time and no one elses

Once again thank you

16. Ladybird33 profile image65
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

When I was younger, I had a basset hound, named snoopy, loved that dog so much.  But now, it's my golden retriever, eyestein, awesome dog.

17. Eternal Evolution profile image71
    Eternal Evolutionposted 14 years ago

Thanks to everyone who has posted. I still really miss my boston terrier Slade. I now have a pitbull named Bowser, i've had him for a year now, i wouldn't say i'm closr to him than i was Slade, Slade had a very special place in my heart, but Bowser is the next cloest pet to me. He's such a good dog.

18. Purple Perl profile image49
    Purple Perlposted 14 years ago

I know how you feel about your Slade.
    I currently own 2 dogs,Jerry(male) and Brownie(female).My family loves them both. smile

19. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

Yubie was my soulmate Dog.  I will never love another animal like I loved him.  I miss him.
    http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images16/MiniLabradoodleFIF1b25Lab75MiniPoodle4.JPG

1. martinrocks_88 profile image59
      martinrocks_88posted 14 years agoin reply to this

sooo cute looking...

20. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

My closest pet was a parrot, it was such a great bird, only repeated the words I wanted to hear most: "your the greatest"

21. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

My current cat Boo is the one I am closest to. He is so much more affectionate than any other cat I have had. He's almost like a dog in that he follows me all around the apartment.

I wrote a hub about him:

http://hubpages.com/hub/My-ocicat--Boo

22. martinrocks_88 profile image59
    martinrocks_88posted 14 years ago

my pet dog...

23. Beth100 profile image66
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

My first rotti Brutus and his mate Molly.  He died at the age of 13 and she is now 11.  He was fabulous and we all miss him!

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs192.snc1/6455_1130265950556_1644457577_331531_4802201_s.jpg

24. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

My Best Pet was a Frog... big_smile

Serious low maintenance... Had his own swimming pool in a scallop shell and never complained. smile

25. gurgel1 profile image61
    gurgel1posted 14 years ago

Maddie my old cat we had for 14 years, we had to put her down.
    sad

26. BarbieGirl79 profile image60
    BarbieGirl79posted 12 years ago

Hard Question to answer All my pets Are The Best/Closet to me!!

27. AliciaC profile image92
    AliciaCposted 12 years ago

I’ve had several dogs and cats in my family and all of them have been special. I miss them all very much when they pass away, but I was closest to Sam, my golden retriever, and Nicholas, one of my rescue cats. I love all my pets, but those are the two whose deaths most upset me.

28. Eternal Evolution profile image71
    Eternal Evolutionposted 12 years ago

Wow I forgot I even posted this lol. Its been nice reading the stories I've missed out on. Pets leave a hole in our hearts when they leave, at least I know mine have.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)