Anyone interested in the study of the book of Revelation?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (82 posts)
  1. Ms Dee profile image86
    Ms Deeposted 12 years ago

I've been studying Revelation for a couple years. I wonder if there is any hubbers who have studied this last book of the Bible. What insights and conclusions have you come to?

I'm writing a series of hubs about what I've learned. Have any of you written some hubs about this, too?  My searches on HubPages have not showed up much along the lines of earnest study of this book, so am wondering if I missed some. Thanks!

1. Captain Redbeard profile image61
      Captain Redbeardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have studied it, not in depth but studied it. IRevelations is a book that you will have four hundred different view points on. Different christian sects can't even agree on this book.

Is there anything specific you are looking at? I started to write my interpritation but realized there is too much to write genericly lol It might be better to point out specific verses and passages.

Ms Deeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, there are many different views. I'm approaching it from a cultural linguistic perspective, which I have a background in, and from the more generic level first. This seems to be helping to understand better the specifics to see how they relate to the whole of Revelation. But, I am open now to looking more at the specifics. Will check out your profile and hubs smile

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image59
        Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I personally dont see any point in spending time trying to understand a book that was clearly written by a crazy idiot.

1. Jerami profile image58
          Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I personally dont see any point in spending time trying to understand a book that was clearly written by a crazy idiot.

YES some people believe that ... too!
          BUT ?    If you saw?  where,,, in the history books that every one of these prophesy has already come to pass?

What IF ?????  in the bottom right corner of the TV screen, it says that there is only 12 minutes left till the movie is over ????

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image59
            Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You only have to google "failed bible prophecies" to see how many prophecies have not come to fruition.

Not to mention the fact that many of the "prophecies" are not actually prophecies and many of the prophecies that actually are prophecies are so vague that they could apply to anything.

1. WD Curry 111 profile image58
              WD Curry 111posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't put too much stock in what Big Brother is touting. The internet is a man made astral plane designed to keep track of the whereabouts and activies of everyone on the planet. It is not the bastion of truth.

2. Jerami profile image58

Which prophesy are so vague that they could mean anything.

Sometimes it is not the prophesy themselver, but interpretations of interpretations of mis translated prophesy.

How about this one Jesus was a hippy and Jerami? "In the last  days . . . there will be scoffers . . ." Excuse me, I must be going. I have real work to do. Peace.

2. emrldphx profile image60
      emrldphxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'll be happy to weigh in on any questions or points, but I probably won't bring up many of my own.

Good to know you are willing to share your thoughts. big_smile

3. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I did once try laying out the events of Revelation into an Excel spreadsheet to see if there was any correlation with other biblical prophesies, but to be honest I got rather bored.

As far as I'm aware there are many who don't believe it was written by John the Apostle as the language and tone are so far removed from the gentle approach of John's gospel. If it can be demonstrated that some other John character wrote it, then we have a big question mark over its validity.

Another argument is that the whole thing is a picture describing events surrounding ancient Rome and was written in code as he knew his writings would be intercepted by his jailers.

Interesting that there is no Antichrist mentioned, but in John's anyone who denies that God came in the flesh is an Antichrist; that is, the world is full of them.

I can't get excited about the book to be honest; I get irritated by those who recognise that it's all symbolism but then insist the lake of fire is literal; and those who constantly bang on about RFID chips. A one world government under a single currency cannot work as ably demonstrated by the Euro and Greece debacle.

I tried starting with and Excel spreadsheet, too, looking for correlations!  I found it got too messy though. Yes, there are those who do not believe John the apostle was the author. However, the more I look at Revelation, the more I see the correlations to both John's gospel and his epistles.

I have chosen the approach to Revelation that views it as yet unfulfilled, than fulfilled prophecy. This is making more sense to me the longer I look at it that way. It is fitting more of the O.T. prophesies this way.

Yes, I wondered about that, too--no mention of Antichrist. Makes me wonder if the beasts and Babylon in Revelation are the Antichrist.

Personally, I do not think it is as much symbolism as some seem to think.  I too do not like getting into the RFID chips and 666. I think that is sidetracking the main themes in Revelation.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60

Other than the opening messages to the Churches which can be equally applied to the wider Church through the centuries, I really don't get what the point of the book is. The many held interpretations on the imagery are controversial at best, and cause much hostility between opposing views at worst.

If you are interested, I posted a hub explaining the central ideal of Revelation--determined by a literary device used in the Bible. The hub is "The Central Idea in Revelation's Tribulation Chapters".

1. profile image51
              paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Unless one knows exactly who authored Revelation; one cannot understand its contents fully:

It has also been contended that the core verses of the book, in general chapters 4 through 22, are surviving records of the prophecies of John the Baptist.[18] In this view, the Lamb of God references and other hallmarks of Revelation are linked to what is known of John the Baptist, though it must be confessed that little information about him is known.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Revelation

4. jacharless profile image74
      jacharlessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Ms Dee.
      I wrote a few hubs a while back on this -maybe an old account.
      But, I am also writing a book on it, so your opinion/view would be interesting.

The conclusion I came to regarding this Letter was twofold:
      It defines the complete Work, to finalize and testify of that Work.
      The Work is the restoration to the original Agreement/Status/Lifestyle between humans and Creator.

It is not a step by step dismantling of humanity or the planet.

The two keys I found were:
      Rev 1.1 : who/what the entire letter encompasses/is about.
      Rev 20.5 & 20.6 : the concept of most (modern) theories debunked.

James.

James, wow, this sure is interesting to hear!  If you go to my profile page, I've included a link in to my hubs regarding the Bible, mostly about Revelation.

By "that Work", I assume you mean Christ's work. And, my conclusion is Christ's work is to retrieve his bride who will then reign with him eternally.

5. profile image51

Who is John of the Revelation? Is he John the Baptist, cousin of Jesus?

He was not John the Baptist as he was beheaded during the life of Yahshua.

Whether John the Revelator was John the Apostle is the matter of some dispute.

1. profile image51

That seems to be a fiction story. How you are certain that it was not John the Baptist, cousin of Jesus.

John of the Gospel did not have any visions or inspirations or revelations; he was a sinful person; he was among those who deserted Jesus when he was put on the Cross.

Since when did deserting Yashua at the cross constitute sin? Was this act declared sinful? No.

1. profile image51

Was it an act of righteousness?

Of course not. It was an act borne out of natural human fear. That is therefore not an act of sin either.

1. profile image51

If it was not an act of righteousness; then to betray Jesus is definitely sinful; it shows the persons never believed in Jesus; they were non-believers and anonymous persons.

Only one betrayed Him. Running away from the likelyhood of being handed over to the Romans by one's countrymen, on trumped up charges of insurrection, does not constitute betrayal or sin.

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
            Barbara Kayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

John didn't desert Jesus at the cross. In fact Jesus told John that Mary was now his mother and to Mary this is now your son. He did this while he was on the cross. He wanted John to take care of his mother.

1. Barbara Kay profile image74

Besides, who says any man was sinless, but Jesus. Everyone us has sinned.

6. Brooke Lorren profile image61
      Brooke Lorrenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm currently writing a series of hubs called "News and Bible Prophecy".  I haven't written any hubs on the subject, but I have written several articles regarding Revelation on Associated Content, as well as some Squidoo lenses on various Bible prophecy subjects.  I have started a book on Revelation, but I don't know how long that will take me to finish.  I'm only 8 verses into the book and it's so far 11 pages.  It seems like an insurmountable task.

I've been studying Revelation and other Bible prophecy topics for 16, almost 17 years.  It's my favorite book in the Bible.

7. Jerami profile image58

In answer to your question ...  I spent a decade searching through the prophesy and have written more than a few Hubs on the subject.
        My take on Both the book of Revelation and Daniel is that  … Unless   WE  stop imposing our own PRIVATE interpretation upon Prophesy; we will "Never" find the answers that we seek!
        2nd Peter 1:20 

Most of the symbols used in Revelation was defined in the book of Daniel. Daniel had visions   then   Gabriel gave the interpretations.

Why do people feel that we have to change the story from that which Gabriel told?  There lies the "Mystery" of prophesy.  We have created the Mystery by burying the truth of that which is written with by imposing our own private interpretations upon them; for the past 2000 years.

It is written that the prophesy proves the rest of scripture ...  NOT the other way around.

Do we prove any theory by beginning with a conclusion then working backwards in search for the answer that we are looking for? 
        Evidentially we do, which is why there are SSOooo many theories concerning the truth of what is written.

Do we learn calculus by opening the book to the middle page reading backwards toward the first page?  No we don't!
        We need to begin with a simple truth which was written 2500 years ago and build upon that. Slowly eliminating false interpretations as we find them. One at a time.
         We do not start with scripture written 2000 years ago, form an opinion, their work backwards to 2500 years ago.
         We will never find the true starting point.

8. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I haven't studied it in-depth.  I've been to Bible Studies where the leader had supposedly studied it in-depth.  And even with my limited research on it, those leaders consistently have drawn conclusions that I recognize as off-tangent, even though they're "scholars".
      Revelation was simple for me before I started listening to the "scholars"! lol.
      Because before that, I understood it spiritually!

Ms. Dee, I would love to read your hubs on this subject; I think it's awesome that you're gonna do it.  Will try to keep up on your hubs.  I'm willing to respect your insight; good from what I've seen around here. smile

Hey Brenda!  I look forward to your comments and thoughts on what hubs I've  posted thus far. I've included a link to them on my profile page (among the other links there).

Yes, like you, I've gotten so confused from the various teachings that I have been tackling it myself. I'm even teaching a Sunday School class on it, so the hubs I have posted so far are ones I've done in class--or at least are similar to them.

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.  Yes I found the first one, I think.  Will be reading them all when/if I can. smile

Hoping so in order to hear your thoughts on it smile.  Thanks for letting me know you could find it.

2. A Troubled Man profile image57
          A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Let me get this straight, you're teaching confusion?

LOL! No, my class does not think so.

9. Barbara Kay profile image74

I did a hub on why no one can predict when the end of the world will be, but what the signs will be. It isn't a study of Revelation, but  a study of Matthew 24. I'd like to hear what others say about the end.

Good to hear about this one, Barbara K. I will go look for it!

10. skye2day profile image68
      skye2dayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ms Dee. Blessings Sister. Oh by each fiber inside I am into the study of Revelation. I have been following Pastor Joe Morecraft on sermon audio. com
      Prior to this I have read much at hubs which has been awesome but for me chapter by chapter and verse by verse is much easier to relate to and understand. Since it is audio recorded one can start the study anytime. Much has been revealed to me. Revelation is a tough one to interpret and one does not want to mislead!! I have been so Blessed. By far this has been the easiest study fo rme.

Christ4ever with Rev Ted at the hubs does allot of study around revelation and end times and he is awesome. I have learned a great deal from his awesome writings for Christ. You keep on girl, Keep on. You will Phil 4:13 Love, Skye

skye2day, these are very helpful tips. I will go take a look, and thanks for sharing this info! smile

2. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 12 years ago

The Vatican calls for the Antichrist

http://www.examiner.com/evangelical-in- … z1cjqz4DPv

yikes yikes yikes

3. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 12 years ago

This season's DEXTER is featuring excerpts from the Book of Revelation.

4. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

no. sorry.

No need to apologise; we're all friends here. smile

5. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

Ms Dee, I did a book review on a book about Revelation; if I understand the thrust of your research you might find it fascinating.  I won't post a link, but you can search my profile for Revelation.

The author would kill me for pointing it out, but it's really cheap through Amazon.smile

Hi wilderness, based on your hub I've downloaded a sample of the book to my Kindle. Certainly looks an interesting read and I'm always open to new ways of thinking about stuff.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I didn't know he had gone to ebooks.  I'll have to verify you can get the whole thing way and put it in the hub, I guess.

I know he put an awful lot of research and thought into the book, though.  He has been a bible scholar for many years and it was always through an effort to understand the people and culture of the time.  He feels (correctly, I think) that that's the only way to understand the bible.

I agree that we cannot hope to understand the bible aside from the culture of the people of the time.

2. Ms Dee profile image86

Wilderness, thanks for the book tip! smile

6. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

Ms Dee, I'd love to get into Revelation in greater depth, but that may take awhile. I'm working my way through the entire Bible and should reach Revelations next August.

I've done an in-depth study of Genesis, though. Surprising the amount of hidden wisdom therein. Amazingly, the Jewish mystics had a hand in writing it. Embedded within two chapters is the Kabbalah's "Tree of Life." Amazing!

I've also discovered a simple explanation for the incredible ages of the early patriarchs (one compatible with science) and a new Genesis timeline, also compatible with those of science. And I may have discovered the true identity of the Daughters of Men mentioned in Genesis 6. It seems they were the culprits behind the reason for the Flood. They were the true wickedness which the Flood cured -- yes, cured! God said He would never again use the Flood because the Flood had done its job. No more wickedness -- but a very special kind of wickedness targeted by the Flood. There is so much to tell on Genesis, I'm writing a book about it: "The Bible's Hidden Wisdom: God's Reason for Noah's Flood."

As for Revelation, there has been a great deal said about how many of the symbols match the events of recent history and possibly the near future.

It seems that the re-establishment of Israel was crucial to the fulfillment of Revelations. That was 1949, if memory serves me correctly.

One part that seems particularly compelling pertains to the "great star" named "wormwood." That may have been fulfilled in 1986.

Imagine how a primitive would describe objects of modern technology. Seen in a vision, such things might seem wondrous and terrible to behold. If any understanding filtered into the vision, the primitive might not even have the vocabulary to describe it accurately.

A star cannot fall to Earth. Earth is tiny compared to a star. But what is a star but nuclear energy from light elements (hydrogen and helium). A "great" star might also be a "heavy" star. Nuclear energy from "heavy" elements might signify uranium and plutonium as in a nuclear reactor, such as Chernobyl, which in Ukrainian means "wormwood." And the pestilence spread across 1/3 the world, which is exactly what happened with the fallout from Chernobyl. In fact, my sister-in-law's father died of cancer likely from the radiation which passed through Romania. Cancer deaths spiked in that country in the years after the accident.

Could 9/11 be in there and the terrorist groups? Now that Bin Laden is dead, could his successor be the wounded head revitalized?

One of the O.T. prophesies (Daniel, I think) talked of a statue -- gold head, silver chest, etc. The feet were clay and iron. Great strength mixed with great weakness, easily vanquished. Could the feet have been Saddam Hussein's Iraq. I read in Time magazine in the 90's how Iraq had the 4th largest military force in the world at one point, supported by the USA. Could that be the iron? When the Second Gulf War took place, Iraq seemed to shatter. Could that be the clay?

More to learn. Only humility will let us see it.

1. Timlove profile image60
      Timloveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hello Ms Dee, I agree with Jacharless. Revelation is a book about the completed work of Christ. There is a remnant of people who will be the first to attain, they are called the overcomers, the manchild. the book is about the events that surround that day time period which i believe has already begun. Also known as the day of the Lord. It is a culmination of the entire bible. I started a hub on the subject but i find it difficult sometimes to put into words what God reveals to me by his spirit.

Timlove, I think so too. I've written a hub about the Jewish Fall Feasts which foreshadow the work of Christ in his second coming and how that relates to Revelation, which is about his second coming: Jewish Fall Feasts Reflected in Revelation. Would love to hear your comments on it.

Lone77star, wow, your study sounds great!  Your book on Genesis sure sounds very interesting. Yes, I think a lot of the imagery in Revelation are descriptions of objects of modern technology. Like, Ezekiel's wheels are, I think (along with others), views of solar systems with orbiting planets. The beasts in Revelation I'm thinking are, at least, the Islamic belief system of death. Agreed, so much to learn!

7. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

Revelation 1:1   Things which must Shortly come to pass. 

"shortly come to pass"; Interpretation  ... "at least 1900 years later

NOT !
    FOR THE TIME IS AT HAND;   Interpretation ...   "at least  1900 years later ?
       Not!

Jerami, an interesting fact I read recently is that it was almost 1900 years from the time of the Babylonian captivity in the first century--and the land of Palestine turned to wasteland--to the time the land started becoming more fruitful again. Then is when many Jews started returning to Palestine and then lead to the 1949 recognition of Israel as a sovereign nation.

I don't know about the 1900 years of desolation.  I do know that the Jews began returning back to their promised land in mass numbers at the turn of the 19th century, and in 1844 the Caliphate signed a decree of tolerance allowing the Jews to once again enter into the cities of what had once been known as Israel and Judea.

I believe that at the 1290 days mentioned in Daniel 12:7 came to an end with the signing of that decree. And the 1260 days that the woman is carried into the wilderness came to an end when mass numbers of Jews began returning to their homeland.  1600 years ater Hadrian deported ALL of the Jews from the area. For 1750 years the Hebrew people were all strangers in a foreign land having no home to call their own.

I believe that these are VERY important details to consider when looking for answers of prophesy.

Jerami, interesting. Thanks!

2. profile image51

Why do you post a reply but the not say anything Paar? You do it a lot.

1. profile image51

To highlight a post or point

1. aka-dj profile image65
            aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's only good if the point is worth repeating.

Sadly, your comments on the Bible are so off, they don't qualify! sad

2. Timlove profile image60

Jerami all scripture is moving to a culmination of an end. all prophecy had a meaning to the people of the day in which it was given and has a spiritual meaning to the people who read it today. to suggest Daniels prophecy was only forshadowing  natural events is a very narrow veiw. unless you are saying the natural event is a sighn of a more significant event happening in the spirit world. If it does not speak to us in eternal signifigance it is not the meaning.

8. Rhonda Elisha profile image60
    Rhonda Elishaposted 12 years ago

I would like to hear of what the Holy Spirit has revealed to you. I have written and recently published a book inspired by the Spirit (titled) In Scripture "God Gift to Man" and it covers many of God hidden secrets related to Daniel and Revelations. yes, I would enjoy sharing with you!

1. mom101 profile image61
      mom101posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have read several amazing ideas in this forum.

As I read them, I get this overwhelming feeling that (The Creator) has many revelations for many people, but something is hindering them from receiving them.

The longer I try to "figure out" what is keeping them from receiving, the only thing my heart/brain whatever can think is: be still and listen.  It's like a song you hear and can't get out of your head.

Every time I ask the question, what is keeping people from hearing, its like my brain goes into the be still and listen default mode.

1. Timlove profile image60

MS Dee is right on in her hub on the jewish fall feasts and how they foreshadow the work of christ. Jesus is the cornerstone of the columnation. Its all about the completed work of Christ which is handed over to the father for his dwelling place. the garden of eden was a foreshadow of this. if the richest person on earth wanted to build a dwelling place would he build a 1000 sq ft home.When almighty God decides to have a dwelling place it takes seven thousand years and the lives of every individual in that period to complete it and his son is the head of the project. that is my revelation in a nutshell Rhonda.

mom101, so interesting to hear what you are experiencing. It is like those who are not hearing are not seeking to be still and listen. I'm puzzled by the non-hearing, much like you are.

Rhonda, would you like to take a look at my hubs on Revelation? I have a link to them on my profile page. I would be very interested in your perspective on what I have there.

9. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

Timlove wrote

Jerami, all scripture is moving to a culmination of an end. all prophecy had a meaning to the people of the day in which it was given

= = = = = = =

Me
    I don't know if I agree or not??  I think I would express this slightly differently.  And I do not intend to argue  just stateing my opinion!

I see scripture as the way to live our lives.
      Scripture of prophesy is a different matter.

The prophesy written in the book of Daniel were given to that Hebrew peoples of THAT time.  Gabriel interpreted it so.
      Those specific prophesy were fulfilled exactly as stated. The first kingdoms as described in Daniel 2nd chapter (the statue)  was in power at the time of these visions of which Daniel saw. 
       There should be no doubt that Persia was the 2nd kingdom and Greece was the 3rd. The 4th kingdom wasn't specifically mentioned because it didn't even exist at the time. It had just become a small province/town. Daniel had never heard of it.
        The point is that these prophesy "IS" talking about the FIRST four kingdoms to receive dominion over that Hebrew Nation to which these prophesy were given.
        It is true however that history seems to continue to repeat itself.
    This does not change the fact that these prophesy WAS given to that Hebrew people that was scattered to the four winds, scattered through out the Roman Empire in 135-139 AD.  98% of these prophesy listed in the book of Daniel was fulfilled at the time of Hadrian’s death, (Daniel 11:45).

At that time Michael shall stand up for the children of Daniels people.
       Who are the children of Daniels people?
       Now lets not apply our own interpretation to this.

And then the power of the holy people shall be scattered for a period of time described as; a time, times and an half.  This time, times and an half began around 138 AD, and was finished in 1844 when the Hebrew people were allowed entry into the cities held by the Caliphate.
       The 1335 days (Daniel 12:12) would have been accomplished sometime around 1890. At this time the little season began, that Satan is given to gather the kings of the earth to battle.
        The sixth bowl judgment is poured out.

I am just saying that this is what the scripture are saying when we untangle them from the mountain of man made interpretations that has been constructed over the past 2000 years.
       Underneath this mountain of interpretations, lies the truth of that which was written, (in its original form).
       When will we stop interpretation the interpretations of interpretations? 
    When we do that; we find ourselves farther and farther from that which was written.

Jerami, the book of Revelation expands on what was revealed to Daniel. Have you studied Revelation much? I am thinking that it is the book Daniel was told to seal up in Dan. 12:4.

Hello again Ms Dee

I see these two books as sequels.
          Daniel being Part One.   And 634 years later sequel two comes out.

John was told in his vision to wright those things that he has seen ,,, and those things that are and those things that are to come.

This to me, indicates that the book of Rev. pretty much sums up the whole story.

Or something like that.

Jerami, yes. Revelation pulls together, in a sense, a lot of the O.T. prophesies. It alludes to a lot of them and then adds to them.

10. profile image0
    Paddington Greenposted 12 years ago

I studied the Revelation of St. John in detail years ago, and I believed it had literal meaning for the present day.  However, it is now believed, even by many Christians to refer to the time in which it was written, with references to the Roman Empire.

1. brettt profile image57
      bretttposted 12 years agoin reply to this

quite often, biblical prophesies had double fulfillment. So both are true. It was fulfilled then and will be in the future.

11. Rhonda Elisha profile image60
    Rhonda Elishaposted 12 years ago

The truth's of gaining God's wisdom, knowledge, understanding and his hidden secrets within Scripture.

The Holy Spirit is the author of God's word (Scripture); he belonging to the Father, thus, united with the Son (the Lord Yeshua ha Meshiach) as his representative. In Scripture (Colossians 1:15-16) The Holy Spirit says: “The Almighty Father and his Son the Lord Yeshua being united as one.” And also as noted: In Scripture (Hebrews 3:7-10) “Speaks of the Holy Spirit giving warning to man against not obeying the will of God.” Thus, bringing understanding to the Holy Spirit position as the Lord representative to those his creation (man).
    As representative of both the Father and the Son, the words of Scripture are those of the Father and shared with the Son in agreement; which is why things spoken against God wisdom (not man wisdom) of scripture, but that being said of the Holy Spirit (the author of  scripture) is an unforgivable sin.

As noted: In Scripture (Hosea 11:9) “God is not a Man.”   God thoughts and ways are that beyond the comprehension of man; therefore, gaining insight of  God knowledge, understanding and wisdom is allowed only through the gift from the Holy Spirit. Man cannot generate God wisdom through his own self-awareness through the use of man made technical study. It is only through sincere love, faith and obedience being that of God's will can one be allowed access to God's many secrets. No one can skip this process! As noted: In Scripture (Psalms 1:2) “No one can outwit God” nor manipulate him. God judge and chooses a man by his thoughts and intentions as was spoken by him to his prophet “Samuel”as noted: In Scripture (1 Samuel 16:7) God says: “I don't judge by a man face or height...I don't make decisions the way you do!” Men judge by outward appearances, but I look at a man's thoughts and intentions.”   

Man can only receive God's insight into his word of scripture but through the spiritual process (not that of man wisdom); This being the gift awarded through the Holy Spirit; by those being in complete submission to him and the faith and obedience to God: As noted: In Scripture (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) “Only those who love the Lord, receive his Holy Spirit and the access of his gifts” and in-turn: In Scripture (Yohanan/John 14:25-26) “The Holy Spirit teaches the paths favored from God.” Thus, in-turn: In Scripture (Yohanan/John 16:13) “The Holy Spirit will reveal the future” Meaning: Allowing man to receive God's understanding of his word, so to generate God's deep truth's to others. God do not hide his truths nor leave man absent of his understanding: As noted: In Scripture (Isaiah 45:19) God says:“I publicly proclaim bold promises; I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner so that no one can know what I mean.”  God do not hide his truths.

In Scripture (Psalms 25:14) “Friendship with God is reserved for those who reverence him. With them alone he shares the secrets of his promises.” Therefore, one must: As noted: In Scripture (2 Peter 1:6) “Allowing God’s way with you.”This being done to receive his wisdom; In-turn, as noted: In Scripture (Colossians 4:5) “Sharing generously in the knowledge the word of God.” Though, there are many whom: As noted: In Scripture (Jeremiah 4:21-23)“Those foolish, Clever and no Understanding.” Thus, being those, as noted: In Scripture (2 Corinthians 4:3-4) “Those to eternal death, are blinded to God’s truths”
    This is why: As noted: In Scripture (Ephesians 4:30) “The Holy Spirit pronounces to the Lord those marked ready to receive the salvation from sin.” Meaning: That man is ready, he has repented, he is sincere, in-turn, that man is allowed in the presence of God and is awarded the gifts of God's many secrets so to help others. In the task appointed of God, man is to perform as directed of the Holy Spirit; speaking through confirmation of only that of scripture, through the given knowledge of verse; and also having the knowledge of understanding that their will be multitudes whom may not hear.This is why the Holy Spirit first brings forth that man to the state of humility, he will know some may listen/ some may not. For, God's coming wrath of those today just as in the time of Noah during the flood of man destruction: As noted: In Scripture (Isaiah 13:11-12) “There will only be a few to survive God punishment.” and the Holy Spirit says: As noted: In Scripture (Hosea 4:6) “Those not knowing God will be destroyed.” bringing purpose of God's words: In Scripture  (Obadiah 1:7-9) “Death to those having no understanding.”
    In Scripture (Jacob/James 1:8) “God only answers from a man of faith.” Not through a machine nor a man of self-appointment whom only desire is to to gain fame, wealth and earthly contributions. God gives freely at no cost to all whom desire his will but only to those of sincere hearts. In Scripture (Isaiah 28:29)The Holy Spirit says “The Lord Almighty is a wonderful teacher, He gives the farmer wisdom.” Remember: Those whom follow him, plant seeds of righteousness (These men are farmers), God says of man: In Scripture (Hosea 10:12) “Plant the good seeds of Righteousness”
    “To know God, you must know of him” and “to do better, you must know better.” This is what the Holy Spirit desire to instruct for man salvation and being the only way to gain God wisdom, knowledge, understanding and his many secrets.

12. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

Revelation 22:18-19

[18] For I testify to every one that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book: If any man shall add to these things, God shall add unto him the plagues written in this book. [19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from these things that are written in this book.

http://www.drbo.org/chapter/73022.htm

Catholics and Protestants don't have equal number of books in the Catholic Bible and the Protestant Bible; both are, therefore, outside "the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from these things that are written in this book."

1. profile image51

The warning in Revelation was for that book alone. The Bible had not been consolidated yet. Sometimes I wonder what the Counsel of Nicaea (the group of once heavily persecuted church leaders who decided on the content) may have missed. I have worked with committees. There are several disciples who don't have accounts. The bible is not God. The bible is about God. Just like in Islam, not everyone interprets it the same or recognizes the most important factors. The most impotant definition of God is found somewhere in the bible, "God is love." All will go well if we would heed these words, "Love your neighbor as you love yourself." Muslims often make the best neighbors from my experience.

13. WD Curry 111 profile image58
    WD Curry 111posted 12 years ago

I have studied the book at great depth. The most important and powerful passage is,"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. Whosoever hears and opens, I will come in and sup with him."

Yes that is one of my favorites.

And that is still true today!!!!!

14. sparkster profile image85
    sparksterposted 12 years ago

The oldest version of the book of Revelation that was discovered was 1700 years old and was translated once again.  Upon translation it appeared that the number of the beast is actually 616, not 666.

The book of Revelation can be attributed to many of the things that are going on around us today.  Either the bible is true or it's being used as a roadmap... or maybe even collective consciousness has an effect.

15. brettt profile image57
    bretttposted 12 years ago

I've spent the last two years studying Revelation, along with the rest of the Bible. It was very confusing at first, but once I decided to map out the events chronologically, it all started to fall into place. Eventually I was able to put it all together and created a timeline of all the events (Seals, Trumpets and Vials) in both a strictly-Revelation version and a modern interpretation.

One thing you need to know when trying to decipher it is that the OT Israelites were given a lot of information that most modern scholars overlook or simply don't see the connections. Namely, the Feasts of the Lord as given in Leviticus 23 were very specific precursors to the 1st and 2nd comings of Christ. The four Spring Feasts were dress rehearsals for His crucifixion and resurrection, along with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost.

That leaves the three Fall Feasts (Feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement and Feast of Tabernacles) which will be fulfilled on specific End Times events. And yes, it is possible to determine what they will involve based on the jewish traditions associated with each.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)