hubpages is the worst platform to write, better to die than hubber?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (52 posts)
  1. vvaleed khalid profile image61
    vvaleed khalidposted 12 years ago

DO YOU AGREE THAT WE ALL ARE WASTING OUR TIME IN ORDER TO EARN SOME MONEY?

1. kgala0405 profile image68
      kgala0405posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Those are pretty strong words.  I think you need to put more effort into HubPages.  As of now you have only published 1 hub in 2 months, which is not enough if you are wanting to make any kind of money. 

You get what you put into it.

1. handyone profile image60
        handyoneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am trying to post a hub and I keep stripping out my article. I am told not to say Network Marketing as that is against polocy. I took ALL links out of my hub and shortened it to near nothing. Now I am up for review again? I see all kinds of hubs with affiliate links and talking about Network marketing. They are published? I am mixing my 25 years as a handyman with my love for online marketing. Can't believe it is this hard to publish here. Squidoo took my original with links and all. Am I wasting my valuable time with HubPages? 8 hours of wasted time and sill waiting. Should I submit a blank page? Probably would not publish it either! very disappointed!

1. Greekgeek profile image78
          Greekgeekposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you originally published the article on Squidoo, you can't publish it on Hubpages. Both sites have a "duplicate content policy," I think.

They're not trying to be mean. Google won't send traffic to sites that have a lot of articles from somewhere else.

(If that's not what you meant, I apologize, but that may be one reason your article got flagged.)

1. handyone profile image60

It is different now!
            It was actually for being too network marketing (MLM) because I mentioned network marketing and mlm. Lots of other hubs do.
            I then removed all reference to anything I mentioned on that. Then it was that my URL is in vioklation because it has an affiliate link on it. I removed my URL from the hub and now the article is about my handyman business pretty well.
            I just received another email minutes ago saying my article is too personal?
            What do I do?
            Submit a blank page?

2. handyone profile image60

I just deleted my only hub. bye

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Some of us are working writers and don't consider any writing a waste of time. And that is original, non-plagiarized writing.

That has got to be the ultimate, stealing content about ethics smile

3. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As someone earning a living wage from this site, I would have to say "no."

4. gregas profile image82
        gregasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

First of all I write on here because I have come to enjoy writing. I did start because I planned on earning some money, and I have. Not enough to make a living, but some. Most ob the hubbers here are here because they also enjoy writing. Granted, I'm sure there are some that can make a living here. But that is because they have really worked with that goal in mind. They didn't publish 1 or 2 hubs and sit back and cry that they couldn't make any money here on the hubs. If you don't like it, I'm sure that there is no one forcing you to stay. My opinion, and probably the opinion of most hubbers. Greg

5. Barbara Kay profile image74
        Barbara Kayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What do you expect when you have written just one hub.

6. Jason Marovich profile image88
        Jason Marovichposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you aren't an SEO expert, and you joined HubPages for immediate profit, you will fail.

What I ended up learning from writing on HubPages is invaluable.  My basic writing skills have increased twofold, I'd say.

7. Don Crowson profile image61
        Don Crowsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't really care that much about the money. I enjopy writing and want to share my thoughts.  If someone benefits from something I've written, I am thrilled to have shared some bit of wisdom, laughter, or joy with that person.

If you want to make money as a writer, you need to take a few writing courses, and write constantly. Get a full time job and write in your spare time. Maybe you wiull hit the big bucks or maybe you won't.

But writing is never a waste of time unless you don't have something of value to say.  In that case don't write it. But in the meantime, write something that is worth writing, and you won't waste time.

8. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm not here for the money.

9. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yes, especially because they won't let us copy content. geez.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
          Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, cheeky sods. lol

10. writing4action profile image56
        writing4actionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, time is money isn't it?

2. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 12 years ago

Not sure you would have put in enough effort to make that judgement yet!

There are certainly better ways, but Hubs has very little barriers to entry and a fun publishing platform so I wouldnt be quite that harsh about the platform!

3. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

This thread is a sham. Run a duplicate content check on the OP's hub, you will see that it contains copied material available on Google Books.

4. WriteAngled profile image74
      WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I just found it too. Direct plagiarism from page 8 onwards of William Lillie's "An Introduction to Ethics", first published in 1948 by Methuen, republished by University Paperbacks in 1961

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not a profitable niche for the OP to pursue.

1. WriteAngled profile image74
          WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I tend to agree with that analysis, WE, both with respect to the academic treatment of ethics and with respect to plagiarism...

5. imatellmuva profile image76
      imatellmuvaposted 12 years ago

Now that I've been on HubPages for a little over a year, I understand more ande moe what the experienced hubbers describe and explain about newbies.

Normally, I steer clear of posts like this, and must say, Waleed Khalid...you are here for all the wrong reasons. To start out with plaigarism, and then attack HubPages because you find that it's not what you desire is nothing less than an abomination.

6. ArtzGirl profile image73
      ArtzGirlposted 12 years ago

It sounds like you have an axe to grind with hub pages.com.

I have only been involved in hub pages for a total of a year, and just signed on to the google pay and adsense for about a month and a couple of weeks.  Although I haven't made a lot of money with this site, the site serves some good purposes.

It gives you a forum and venue to keep you writing.
      I'm inspired by other writers who continue to write quality content articles that I am not able to find in other venues.

They give you a lot of freedom in the content that you write about, which can be very rare in the paid writing community.

You have the opportunity to post your links and to become more known for your writing. 

You have the ability to create fans and followers of your particular articles and subject matter.

-----------

There are a lot of pluses to hub pages.
      Most probably, by writing more articles... the money will naturally grow.
      It is all a process, just like everything else in life.

------------

This site has allowed me to gain more confidence.
      I'm hosting my 1st radio show on the topic of chemtrails tomorrow on <link snipped>
      That is a breakthrough that I may not have had, if I had not had some great feedback from my most recent Chemtrail article called... Chemtrails: The "Shocking" Truth

7. KCC Big Country profile image83
      KCC Big Countryposted 12 years ago

Not a waste of time for me!

1. K9keystrokes profile image85
        K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1

8. arizonataylor profile image79
      arizonataylorposted 12 years ago

We're here, so I doubt any of us really agree with your statements about HubPages.

9. Dame Scribe profile image57
      Dame Scribeposted 12 years ago

Looking for a quick buck doesn't start with one hub let alone one that's been plagiarized hmm HP isn't a waste of time but a venue for growing a income smile

10. john000 profile image92
      john000posted 12 years ago

I read on your profile the following: "i am 35 years old and i still think myself as a teenager!"
      I have a suspicion that that might be a bigger problem for you than you could ever imagine.
      Put a question out there that has even a scintilla of meaningfulness. After one hub, you are either trying to bait people into a heated response, or your fedora is too tight.

1. imatellmuva profile image76
        imatellmuvaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

jon000...FUNeeeee!!! I think it's a combination of the two...but moreso the fedora! lol

11. Lady_E profile image60
      Lady_Eposted 12 years ago

I was going to write a comment about why I joined HP and the benefits but wanted to check your Profile to see who I was responding to.

Your Profile states:  "i am 35 years old and i still think myself as a teenager!"..... So, I think I'll reserve my comments for another time.
      Until then I wish you good luck on Hubpages and look forward to you
      publishing a second Hub.

Lovely to meet you!

Try to be positive. smile

1. K9keystrokes profile image85
        K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Huge HubHugs Lady_E, you are always a class act! cool

2. imatellmuva profile image76

You are ever so kind Lady_E!! I could learn from your discretion!

12. aware profile image68
      awareposted 12 years ago

vested interest in seeing this venue succeed.
         this boat is not sunk.

13. aware profile image68
      awareposted 12 years ago

deliberate and transparent actions  are rarely  misunderstood

14. israyfa profile image61
      israyfaposted 12 years ago

well. that the same as what i thought at my first month on hubpages.. but hey, after year and year sitting here, hubpages is on of my favorite site on the net..

just keep writing, and you'll be surprised by your own talent

15. sofs profile image78
      sofsposted 12 years ago

For me Hubpages is the best.. I do not enjoy writing on any  other site as much as I do here...the rewards of writing.. I mean writing not coping stuff .. is pretty good. I really have to thank HP for everything I have learned here.

1. profile image0
        kelleywardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm new here and tried a few other sites. What I've learned here is amazing. I think Hubpages by far has the best site all around. I hope you find your place, wherever that may be.

16. imatellmuva profile image76
      imatellmuvaposted 12 years ago

Khalid's hub is gone...just as Website Examiner said...this thread is a sham.

I certainly hope that people who join like the Khalid dude are not here to create a fake hub (fake on his part), and then create threads such as this to easily get the names of hubbers, to spin more articles.

I don't know about any of you, but I'm beginning to get the feeling that I need to check my articles, just a bit more regularly than I normally do.

17. sasta10 profile image62
      sasta10posted 12 years ago

Hubpages is not just about making money.  A lot of people come here to share their creativity and ideas and they enjoy just doing that.  They are not bothered about earning money, but if you do want to earn you will need to take it very seriously and publish more and more hubs everyday.  Earning money here is not easy I have to admit, you will need good quality original content, creativity, good writing skills and you have to enjoy writing.  If you don't fit into any of these then this is not the place for you.  Thanks.

1. writing4action profile image56
        writing4actionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, like it or not, most people are here for the money. Maybe 1% are not, but judging by the amount of ads they have on their pages, almost everyone is here for the money.

Of course from time to time I just write to share and not to earn, I do not even bother inserting Amazon, but most of the times I have to make money to pay bills, just like everyone else.

By the way, which capsules makes you the most: Adsense, Amaon or eBay?

Cheers.

18. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

Personally, even with any relatively minor complaints I may have about some of the things that go on on HubPages, I'd still rather be a Hubber than die (if I had to choose).  smile  Being a Hubber isn't as bad as "some people" apparently think it is.   Of course, to each is own....

19. sara xiao profile image60
      sara xiaoposted 12 years ago

Just have fun here, share what you know, learn what you do not know. I think that most of people are honest here. To write something helpful and share with some other guys, this is very meaningful and wonderful.

20. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years ago

Dear OP:  Yes, I agree you are wasting your time.  You're wasting ours, too, and the readers' time.  I can't tell you what is the better-to-do-than-writing-here choice, but it sounds like you have a good start on figuring that one out on your own.

21. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years ago

Note to self - stop using the iPad to post comments. The screen disappears and you can't edit easily. Oh well. I think I got my message across.

22. JKenny profile image91
      JKennyposted 12 years ago

I have to disagree with you Waleed, I think this place is fantastic. I must admit that part of the appeal of this site is earning money, but I also came here because I love to write, and love having people read and like my work. The money part takes time and effort, you have to build yourself up through publishing and participating in the community.

23. sparkster profile image86
      sparksterposted 12 years ago

Got plenty of traffic from this post didn't he.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
        Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL! Good point!

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
        Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey, are you coming to Austin for SXSW?  I just read your profile!

3. imatellmuva profile image76

lol @ sparkster!!! ...and the only traffic!

24. rLcasaLme profile image69
      rLcasaLmeposted 12 years ago

I'm not earning either. So what? I just love hubbing.

25. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

Successful troll is successful.

26. profile image0
      theking2020posted 12 years ago

I find Hubpages to be great you have to be willing to put the effort like anything else but is all worth it. Interacting with your audience is key, as well as writing content that is useful with that been followed the earnings should come by slowly but shortly.
      I sign up for Hubpages about 2 years ago, however never really used it until recently I decided to take it seriously and my earnings are slowly rising.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)