Same Sex Marriage

Jump to Last Post 51-90 of 90 discussions (404 posts)
  1. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

http://www.archaeology.org/9607/newsbriefs/sodom.html

Here's what happened to Sodom and Gomorrah.

2. usmanali81 profile image61
    usmanali81posted 14 years ago

wordscribe41,

The link you just posted is related to those who are atheists like you. They believe that there occurred an earthquake type of thing and they believe that people used to live there who died of that earthquake BUT they do not believe on the story of Sodom and Gomorrah for which they give no counter evidence, they don’t relate Sodom and Gomorrah with the remains of Dead Sea for which they don’t have any counter evidence. Also the link you just posted contains only counter allegations without any supporting evidence that the perished nation was not Sodom and Gomorrah.

Regarding Qur'an and Bible i just gave you the facts BUT as you are an atheist i also gave you the archeological discoveries.  Here you have to use the thing which is known as common sense. I will show you how???

You see, Qur’an tells you about the Sodom and Gomorrah 1400 years ago but the archeologist recently discovered these remains which also the historians and archeologists (Non Muslims) themselves agree that the place belonged to Sodom and Gomorrah with the evidence of historical documentation. This implies that only God who is independent on Time could have mentioned it 1400 years ago and it could not be a human work on the sandy tracks of backward Arabs at that time. This information which Archeologists testify today was already testified and mentioned by someone with great knowledge who is not other than God Himself. 

Also it’s not so impressive for you to find a book unchanged for more than 1400 years. Ask a learned person how impressive, amazing and astonishing it is to find a book on earth which remained unchanged for more than 1400 years. I gave you the example of the critique of Islam.

Further, for your kind information, not every tom dick and Harry is allowed to interpret Qur’an according to his or her own understanding. It’s not an interpolated Bible to take it as you like. And some of the verses which I showed you regarding the people of Lut (pbuh), clearly mentions they were being knocked by God and His prophet Lut (peace be upon him) and there is no compensation for homosexuals or gays whether married or not. IT’S TOTALLY FORBIDEN.

Finally, as per science, such type of relationships expose humans to high risk of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), HIV/AIDS and cancer. The same sex relationships cause mental retardation, depression and high tendency to commit suicide.

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm wasting my time here, usman.  Not going to delve into these insane rantings.  I will, however, just state that your view is quite sad:  that God is a homophobic, non-tolerant, and violent entity.  How on Earth does that benefit this world, usmanalia?  Peace out.

1. usmanali81 profile image61
        usmanali81posted 14 years agoin reply to this

If someone goes against the rule of God then God is also against him/her unless repented just like if you as an employee go against the rule of employer, it will not be tolerated.

1. mohitmisra profile image59
          mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

God will not tolerate your nonsense as well, beware of him and stop being so fanatical.

2. profile image0

I'm shaking in my boots.

YOU MUST cool

1. profile image0

I'm pretty sure any God would accept the path I've chosen in my live.  I've dedicated it to helping people, usman.  I have a master's degree in social work and have worked tirelessly to support victims of poverty, violence, adandonment, addiction, and mental illness.  I've found wonderful homes for children who had no parents.  I've found money for people when they have none.  I've counseled victims of abuse.  I've helped vets with post traumatic stress disorder.  I've even assisted gay couples in adopting children, wonderful couples who have changed the lives of the children they've taken in.  I have no doubt any God would be smiling down upon me and my selfless work.  What have you done, usman?

Dear wordscribe,

I respect you, your work, feelings and comitment BUT if i see someone going in wrong direction or if any teacher is teaching students something wrong (out of his/her intension) then it's the foremost duty of the one (who knows) to correct / fix or atleast knock the deveated person. If you agree with me, VERY WELL and if you dont, it's also, VERY WELL. You claim God is happy with you. I don't know, may be He is or may be not BUT under normal circumstances and rules defined by God, you are going against Him. So keep in mind you are also prone to His anger and rage. You are denying His UNITY (ONENESS), You are denying His Message and Messengers especially the Last One, QUR'AN and Muhammad (peace be upon him). So, be carefull.

You see, you have to support what you say which you people are not doing. You people just use the word homophobe, irrational, illogical to justify your understandings nothing else.

The whole world, Bible, Qur'an, Science is against Lesbians, Gays and same sex marriage but your hearts have become so stiff that you can not even listen to others who try to speak to you with reason and logic.

You said "support victims of poverty, violence, adandonment, addiction, and mental illness." ... "counseled victims of abuse". Have you ever pondered upon their causes??? Have you ever thought why their is poverty, violence and mental illnesses??? did you ever ponder upon the ideology, thinking and practices of Freemasons which are behind the victims of abuse??? How many victims will you counsel??? 10, 100, 1000 ??? the next day you will get 10,000 more.

TRY TO LOOK BEHIND the false slogans of Humanists, Freemasons, Naturalists and so called Healers of the world.

1. profile image0

I will counsel as many people as it takes, usman, as many as it takes.  In fact, I highly recommend you get treatment for paranoid personality disorder.  It would be freeing for you to get these "freemasons" out of your head for a while.  There are plentiful medications you can take, as well.

If you are taking medicine, it does not mean all the world needs it.

2. profile image0

It's a scientific link, my friend, from archaelogists.  I suppose they did the study just to assist atheists, huh?   They must hae a lot of time on their hands to be so helpful.

The final claim of your isn't backed up by any evidence whatsoever.  AIDS happens in all walks of life:  fasted growing group is heterosexuals. 

Peace.

I agree that HIV is not only in homosexuals but i am sure you will agree with the following SPECIAL diseases only related to Homosexuality (men - men, women - women)

And if you have any doubts you can consult your family physician who deals with your brain frequently

Herpes simplex virus
        Bacterial vaginosis
        Generalized Anxiety Disorder
        suicidal thoughts among Lesbians
        anal cancer,
        amoebiasis;
        chlamydia;
        cryptosporidiosis;
        E. coli infections;
        giardiasis;
        gonorrhea;
        herpes simplex;
        human papillomavirus;
        Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (HHV-8)[32]; lymphogranuloma venereum; pubic lice;
        salmonellosis;
        shigella;
        syphilis;
        tuberculosis,
        hemorrhoids,
        anal fissures,
        rectal prolapse.

1. earnestshub profile image81
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What a pile of ill informed rubbish... who is your doctor? Is it the one from the Simpsons?Keep it up us asmanali, your ignorance and hate is here for all to see.

hhmmm ... it's not your fault as your mouth is suffering from rectal prolapse or may be anal fissures

2. mohitmisra profile image59

You are seriously misinformed on spirituality and medicine, you got an idiot for a teacher. Fanatic usmanali wake up to truth ,stop showing of your ignorance to the world, all you are doing is reiterating the fact that your knowledge is crude and fanatical.

why are you acting as earnestshub's twisted tail.

No like your father trying to correct you from speaking rubbish.

2. Colebabie profile image59
          Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How did I miss this?!?!? Argh!!!
          All of these ailments/diseases/infections/whatever are found in both hetero and homosexual people. They are not "special" diseases that are only related to homosexuality. My mom has had precancerous cells of the same anal cancer that Farrah Fawcett died of. Neither my mom, nor Farrah Fawcett are lesbians. Pregnant women often get hemorrhoids.  Salmonellosis is caused by eating uncooked chicken or eggs. 75% of the population have herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1) also known as cold sores, more than likely you have it too. 1 in 3 people will have an STI by the age of 25, both hetero and homosexuals. I could go on and on and on. Point is, don't talk about what you don't know. Learn some basic medicine. Stop being so closed minded and get better references. Then get back to me.

1. twill4jc profile image63
            twill4jcposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are so RIGHT!

2. profile image0

Exactly, Colebabie.  I've never heard so much rubbish in my entire life.  NEVER.  He has not a leg to stand on, there are no legitimate references for his claims.  Earnesthub is correct though, the more he goes on with his ignorant claims, the better.  It exposes him for who he truly is:  highly uneducated, hateful, non-tolerant, suffering from paranoid personality disorder, homophobic, and a fantastic representation of what is wrong in this world.  It's sad he chooses to miss out on so much in the world due to his hatred, prejudice and fear.  Some of my best friends are homosexual, my life is much better for having them in it.  Shame on you, usman.

3. usmanali81 profile image61

Dear Colebabie,

Some of the references are as follows to remove your misconceptions.

FOR LESBIANS

Orogenital contact may indicate a higher risk of acquiring HSV (Herpes simplex virus),[146] even among women who have had no prior sex with men.[147] Bacterial vaginosis (BV) occurs more often in lesbians, but it is unclear if BV is transmitted by sexual contact; it occurs in celibate as well as sexually active women. BV often occurs in both partners in a lesbian relationship;[148]

1) Frenkl, Tara Lee, Potts, Jeannette (February 2008). "Sexually Transmitted Infections", Urologic Clinics of North America, 35 (1) p. 33–46.
            2) King, p. 226.
            3) Risser, Jan M.H., Risser, William L., Risser, Amanda (December 2008). "Epidemiology of Infections in Women", Infectious Disease Clinics of North America, 22 (4), p. 581–599.

More than half the respondents to a 1994 survey of health issues in lesbians reported they had suicidal thoughts, and 18% had attempted suicide.[4]

4) Solarz, p. 70.

Generalized Anxiety Disorder is more likely to appear among lesbian and bisexual women than heterosexual women.[5][note 14]

5) a b c Cochran, Susan; Sullivan, J; Mays, Vickie (February 2003). "Prevalence of Mental Disorders, Psychological Distress, and Mental Heath Services Use Among Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Adults in the United States", Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 71 (1), p. 53–61.

FOR GAYS

However, many MSM do not engage in anal sex, and some groups such as frot advocacy groups actively denounce anal sex as degrading toward the receptive partner and an unnecessary health risk[a]. This viewpoint cites the increased HIV risk and physiological differences of the anus from the vagina.

a) The man2man allicance frot, an anus is not a vagina

Recent reports have documented that risky behavior is on the rise among men who have sex with men.

b) a b Center for Disease Control, Increases in Unsafe Sex and Rectal Gonorrhea Among Men Who Have Sex With Men -- San Francisco, California, 1994-1997[4], retrieved 2007-04-29

Among the diseases with which anal sex is associated are HIV,[29] human papilloma virus (HPV) (which can increase risk for anal cancer)[30] typhoid fever[31] and various diseases associated with the infectious nature of fecal matter or sexual intercourse in general. Among these are: amoebiasis; chlamydia; cryptosporidiosis; E. coli infections; giardiasis; gonorrhea; hepatitis A; hepatitis B; hepatitis C; herpes simplex; human papillomavirus; Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (HHV-8)[32]; lymphogranuloma venereum; pubic lice; salmonellosis; shigella; syphilis; tuberculosis.[c][d][e]

c) a b Anal Health, Sexual Health Channel, retrieved 2007-04-29
            d) Diseases From Anal Sex Harold Oster, MD, iVillage, retrieved 2007-04-29
            e) Tuberculosis, The Mayo Clinic, retrieved 2007-04-29

Physical damage to the rectum and anus can manifest as generalized ano-rectal trauma, hemorrhoids, anal fissures,[c] and rectal prolapse. An insufficient amount of lubricant can make it especially painful or injurious.[40] Damage is more likely if intercourse is forcible or aggressive, if alcohol or other drugs have dulled sensitivity, if communication is poor, or if technique is clumsy.

f) Importance of Foreplay dudeman41465, The Sexuality Guide November 3, 2005, retrieved 2007-04-29

Loss of control over the bowels, though rare according to some, is thought to be a valid concern[g] and is reported to be caused by repeated injury, or by the insertion of large objects,[h] or simply by regular anal sex, which "leads to internal sphincter dilation and soiling."

A 1993 study published in the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine found that fourteen out of a sample of forty men receiving anal intercourse experienced episodes of frequent anal incontinence.[j]

g) The Hot Guide to Safer Sex By Yvonne K. Fulbright p.208
            h) " Although the threat of fecal incontinence from anal sex is small, it can occur from repeated injury to the internal sphincter." Duke University Student Health Center website [7]
            i) The ASCRS Textbook of Colon and Rectal Surgery By Bruce G. Wolff, James W. Fleshman, J.M. Church, p.654; Springer, New York. 2007
            j) Effect of anoreceptive intercourse on anorectal function AJ Miles, TG Allen-Mersh and C Wastell, Department of Surgery, Westminster Hospital, London; in Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine Vol 86, Issue 3 144-147; 1993, retrieved 2007-04-29

Now you give me the references of what you have said. You told [i]"My mom has had precancerous cells of the same anal cancer that Farrah Fawcett died of. Neither my mom, nor Farrah Fawcett are lesbians. Pregnant women often get hemorrhoids."

Here tell me what the heck is precancerous cells ???
            Pregnant women often get hemorrhoids (ref required) ???
            Also some elderly men and women avoid to show off that they are homos or gays.

You talked about 75% population have got herpes (ref required). Is this 75% belong to the domain of USA or your own family ???

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
              Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not going to enter into this argument but I have to respond to a couple of things:

Precancerous cells are cells which are in the process of becoming cancerous.  Cells do not suddenly change from normal to cancer - they go through an intermediate stage.  I know this personally because precancerous cells were discovered in my stomach during a check-up, and they were safely removed.  I was very lucky, because if they had found them a few weeks later, they would have been cancerous.

Yes, it's very common, caused by the pressure of the baby.

I'm sorry,that is just being rude. How dare you accuse someone's mother in such a way?  How would you feel if someone said that about your mother?

Finally, if you are going to have an argument which involves quoting each other, please do us all the courtesy of editing your posts properly.  Only quote the relevant parts of the other person's post (as I have here) and keep your reply to the point instead of rambling.  It will make the whole debate much less painful to follow.

1. Inspirepub profile image74
                Inspirepubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, Marisa, you are the eternal optimist.

As if anything would make this debate less painful to follow ...

Jenny

Precancerous cells are abnormal cells that if not removed will turn into cancer. Pregnant women do often get hemorrhoids. Do you even know what they are? "During pregnancy, your growing uterus can increase the pressure on the veins lower in the body. This can lead to hemorrhoids."-March of Dimes
              The comment about orientation denial may be true, however not in the cases of my mother nor (as far as I know) Farrah Fawcett.

"In fact, HSV-1 infects more than 85% of the world's population, although the risk varies by region. Still, a national survey that analyzed data from 1988 to 1994 found that 73% of Americans over 12 years old have evidence of infection with either form of the herpes virus" - A.D.A.M.  So to answer your question, up to 85% worldwide, and my 75% approximation is in the USA.

Again, learn basic medicine. Because a risk factor is different than "special diseases only related to homosexuality". So what you said was just plain wrong. I can provide you will all the references you want. Just realize that I work in the field of health care and if you want to argue with me you're getting in over your head. I don't appreciate the comment insinuating my mother is a lesbian, or that my family has herpes. Just know what you're talking about.

LOL

March of Dimes lol you are giving me a reference of a charity organization whose mission is to defeat polio. WHAT NONESENSE.

Now, come to the main point.

First of all, no GAY or their male supporters dared to reply to the long list of diseases which i mentioned in the generalized catagory of HOMOSEXUALITY in my 1st lecture in this regard. To remind you the list is

Herpes simplex virus
                Bacterial vaginosis
                Generalized Anxiety Disorder
                suicidal thoughts among Lesbians
                anal cancer,
                amoebiasis;
                chlamydia;
                cryptosporidiosis;
                E. coli infections;
                giardiasis;
                gonorrhea;
                herpes simplex;
                human papillomavirus;
                Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (HHV-8)[32]; lymphogranuloma venereum; pubic lice;
                salmonellosis;
                shigella;
                syphilis;
                tuberculosis,
                hemorrhoids,
                anal fissures,
                rectal prolapse.

From the above list, you and some other (Lesbians or their supporters) picked up only one disease "HEMORRHOIDS" and started attacking me like crusaders. You people asked for the valid references and i gave the long list of references as well in the catagories of FOR LESBIANS and FOR GAYS. Now if you analyse my both answers, the 1st included a number of diseases in the generalized catagory and the 2nd answer divided these diseases in 2 catagories of FOR GAYS and FOR LESBIANS including references in which HEMORRHOIDS comes under the catagory of FOR GAYS.

The point is i know that HEMMORHOIDS also occurs in pregnant women but you misused this information as whenever a pregnant woman gets this disease she gets rid of it with in no time. For detailed reference " Hemorrhoids are a very common medical complaint. More than 75% of Americans have hemorrhoids at some point in their lives, typically after age 30. Pregnant women often develop hemorrhoids, but the condition usually clears up after childbirth. Men are more likely than women to suffer from hemorrhoids that require professional medical treatment.
                Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc.

Here i also know that men and women both can get this particular disease without being Gay or Lesbo BUT i was discussing it under the topic of same sex marriage that's why i mentioned it because almost all the lesbians and gays who play with each others rectums and anuses get this disease for sure which does not get cured immediatly as in the case of pregnant women smile. Similarly when i mentioned HIV, i know that it can be caused by other means BUT definitly most of Lesbos and Gays, when get this disease, the reason is that of playing with their genital organs, the most vulnerable in this relationship is the one who is ACTIVE (who takes into his/her rectum/anus; DILDOS, PENISES or some other thing, even if condoms are used the chances of getting the respective diseases become reduced but not cent percent eliminated.

Hope you got my point and hope you will agree that Gays do not become pregnant to get HOMMORHOID.

Finaly, i must touch the precancerous cells. Where did i talk about it. I had mentioned anal cancer which does not include precancerous cells. Most of the ACTIVE partners in homosexuality get anal cancer.

3. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

Oh boy.. another one of these.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

gamergirl lol

4. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Where did I read (Hubpages somewhere) that some guy tried to marry his dog !!

Maybe it was someones hub, but I cant get it outta my head lol

5. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Yes....maybe, to the above.  However, some claim that this issue 'must be settled' by popular consent.  That's part of why it is an issue, period, frankly.

6. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Wordscribe, try to let it go. I've fought this battle once before. I know its hard. Especially when one brings up science and health because that's my turf. smile But you can't change someone who thinks they know what they're talking about and they don't. I know how frustrating it is. If they were genuine they would ask questions to try to understand. But they're just stubborn and think they know everything.

1. profile image0

Thanks, Cole.  I have let it go.  I try to stay away from these topics, but lately I cannot contain myself!  You stated my feelings exactly.  It's just appalling to me that people can still have such archaic and hurtful beliefs.  I'm done.

1. JonTutor profile image60
        JonTutorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

About time too..... These fundamentalists have there minds closed.... All the knowledge directly fed through special pipes into there heads by there "GOD"... no need for any other POV lol

7. gamergirl profile image84

That was my thought, Colebabie.  Reminds me of that mohammedhmm fellow, though usman can at least string a sentence together, no matter how full of hateful ignorance.

8. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

At some point the loony religious fanatics need be seen. Having usmanali here is enlightening the world to what sort of lunatic fanatics are loose out there.
    Not just homophobic, not just narrow minded, but totally off the wall loony. Well done usmanali, you are doing more to shut down religious belief than others can by opposing it.
    We need you usmanali! You make the case for non religion better than anyone here on hubpages...congratulations!

He doesn't understand the damage he is doing to Islam and religions.Poor Muhammad and Islam is being turned into fanaticism.

2. profile image0

Couldn't have said it better, earnesthub.  Off the wall loony, no doubt about it.  I do agree we need him here, he's epitomizes the trouble I have with funtamentalists and organized religion.  There's absolutely no common sense, no love and acceptance for your fellow man demonstrated by usman.  Mohitmisra, I appreciate your comments.  Sorry for the damage usman has done to Islam.

1. onthewriteside profile image62
        onthewritesideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with all this.  Usmanali is religion's worst enemy, despite what he may think.  As an atheist, I can honestly say that we have more love, respect, and acceptance toward our fellow man than the likes of him will ever have.

And that is the plain truth of it.

Shame on your old age. Look at your old age and look at your irrational comments.

Cool! Homophobic, sexist and ageist! congrats!

9. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Religion is like the needy girlfriend that calls too much, which makes her boyfriend take her for granted.  People might actually be more interested in what some have to say if they were not preaching it constantly in a very confrontational way.

10. Kmadhav profile image60
    Kmadhavposted 14 years ago

Same sex marriage is not a good thing. It is unnatural. People hiding their sex feelings on the name of love. Nature creates some universal rules and man have to follow these things.

You are so true man, CORRECT

There may be some hope for the young man, but he will have to learn to read first. I see nothing to substantiate this belief other than fear and ignorance.

Fear is the thing which abstain you from rape, loot and plunder. Fear is the thing which you kind of silly people took from the American Nation (in particular), resultantly they have got the maximum number of prisoners in the world, there they have got the maximum number of rapists in the world.

1. profile image0

Usman, Earnesthub is referring to your hatred as originating from your xenophobia.  You fear what you don't know and choose to not know.

smile My dear, Earnesthub was referring to me but wihtout any supporting evidence or proof. He was just laying allegations and calling me homophobe. What else he had provided to support his RUBBISH which frequently comes out of his ill mouth.

Of course what can't be understood by thick skull fundamentalists like you is always "RUBBISH" wink..... Here's the supporting evidence... Usmanali 891posts lol

2. earnestshub profile image81

No, being homophobic is unnatural.

11. earnestshub profile image81

I think it is obvious that mohitmisra thinks for himself.

12. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

No comments.
    FOR NOW.

13. gamergirl profile image84

I know more girls who've had rectal prolapse than gay men, just sayin'..

But seriously - I don't know that homosexual folks are plagued by the laundry list of ailments you posted any worse than straight people are, especially since in the scheme of the total population of Earth homosexuals are a minority.  A very outspoken minority, but there do happen to be way more straight, baby-making folks out there.  smile

Honestly, I don't know where you get your information (probably from other fanatical people whose unreasonable prejudices make them hard to live with in a diverse society) but you really should take some time off the digital pulpit and go learn some things.

@Gamergirl These folks are incorrigible... Wordscribe diagnosed his problem.... hope he gets some treatment soon. lol http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/7435?page=6#post254640

14. DennisBarker profile image61
    DennisBarkerposted 14 years ago

Ok, here we go again, life is too short for this shit but if my lifestyles condemned by god (Allah, Jesus, Jehovah or whoever) let him (or her) smote me down and hurl locusts at me. I'm not about to stop expressing my sexuality in the way i express it, any got who condemns people for being people obviously has too muchtime on his 9or her) hands.

Get a life! sort out your own issues with sexual expression instead of mine, I can sort mine on my own.

Do we really need to go over this stuff again and again to help people realise how stuck in the middle ages or dark ages their god actually is.

This stuff almost converts me to rabid atheism.
    Regards
    Dennis

15. Lisawilliamsj profile image83
    Lisawilliamsjposted 14 years ago

The bible tells you over and over again that it is gods place to judge. if people find happiness and they are not lying cheating and stealing who cares what they do? people are so stuck in the old testament beliefs. what I got out of the bible is to love all those around you and not to judge. show them compasion and reach out your hand in service. DO NOT hate. mary who you wish. if you can find a little happiness in this life....go for it.

16. earnestshub profile image81

wordscribe41, that is a wonderful track record. It is exciting to know you have been able to assist so broadly! So much good done would qualify you as happy, well adjusted and very sane in my book.I wish you every personal happiness, and if I had a god, it would approve of you!

1. profile image0

Why, thank you earnesthub.  Appreciate your comments and informed, intelligent view.  I really don't know why I keep bothering with this topic, I really don't.

17. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Hmm...looks like the discussion here is, um, "vigorous", to say the least....

Okay, I'll give a few folks a fresh target:

1.  I do believe in God.

2.  I'm not a Christian.

3.  I do not believe in any written book as the literal Word of God because I do not believe the human exists who can avoid filtering information from the inner planes through his/her mental "screen".

4.  That said, while admitting that if God has advised me regarding His/Her/Its view on same sex marriage, I'm not aware of it--missed that particular heavenly email somehow--and have to exercise my own pitiful judgement.

5.  THAT said, I figure that unless I'm the one getting married, it is flat out none of my business...and thus approval or disapproval is a  scintillating non-issue.

1. Xaquizzle profile image60
      Xaquizzleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

*applaue* While I do not believe in God, I think your views are admirable. Also, most humans couldn't resist, eh, tweaking. God's word to more actively reflect their own ideas.

May I second that? I believe that no person has the right to impose their sexual preferences on anybody.

18. Colebabie profile image59

Thank you Marisa for responding to him. I'm sorry I did not get to it sooner. There is nothing more annoying than someone who searches and searches for back up to their point of view and when it isn't there they screw with things to make them different. The fact is, he doesn't know what he's talking about, and his responses are rude, disrespectful and have no basis in actual medicine. But thanks for trying smile

19. earnestshub profile image81

Lets cut to the chase. usmanali has continued to express hate for minorities and is a waste of time.

20. pep1player profile image60
    pep1playerposted 14 years ago

I dont think it is, it is an abuse of the human body from the way god made man and woman   Ab(abnormal) Use

1. Colebabie profile image59

Where did you come from?

21. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Where do these people come from? I am not a believer but from all I have read I somehow doubt that your God would accept the way you talk about people and judge them. You might be in for a rude awakening one day usmanili81.

What about other mischief mongors being rude to me smile. Look at both sides of the picture and then give your final statement.

22. Tom Cornett profile image79
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

If God is gay....some people have some splainin' to do!

Haha. Yes definitely Ricky Ricardo. smile

23. usmanali81 profile image61
    usmanali81posted 14 years ago

For detailed references you can click on the previous page 15. You asked for but you have'nt read that.

24. Colebabie profile image59

Wrong and just disgusting.

March of Dimes is a group of researchers and professionals that study pregnancy, premature birth, genetic disorders, birth defects, etc.

I'm not a lesbian. I commented on more than just hemorrhoids. In your initial post you said that only homosexuals get those diseases/conditions/infections etc that you listed. So you just admitted you were wrong. Risk factors and being the only group to get a condition is totally different. You still don't see that?

Additionally you asked what precancerous cells were. So I told you. Your comment that most active homosexuals get anal cancer is wrong as well. Grow up.

Qur’an, Ch. 2 - THE COW, V. No. 256: There is no compulsion in Religion - Truth stands out clear from error.

Regarding March of Dimes, you must read their history for clarification

hmm Dear Colebabie,

As i told you i was talking under the topic of same sex marriage, my concern was with homosexuals, gays and lesbians. The list of diseases i mentioned including HIV and AIDS, are discussed under this very topic. And the references i gave, are related to the risks and causes of these respective diseases in homosexuals. 

My style of question regarding precancerous cell was sarcastic. You have got some serious problem in your mother tounge and also in getting the stuff under a particular topic despite the references i gave are also related to the risk factors and causes of the aforementiond diseases in homosexuality, homosexuality, homosexuality.

It is you who introduced pregnant women, precancerous, other normal people getting the same diseases; totally irrelevant to the topic. You also misused the info of Hommorhoids in pregnant women by not mentioning the cure which they (pregnant women) get immediatly after giving birth.

25. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Assalam aleikum Colebabie, having fun taking to fundies? wink

Always smile

26. Colebabie profile image59

What they started as doesn't mean what they are today. I find it funny that that is what you choose to research. Have fun with your judgmental life void of knowledge and understanding. Let me know how that goes. 

You said I was a lesbian, you said my mother was a lesbian and she is in the closet. You don't know anything about pathology. And guess what? No one is taking what you say seriously or is listening to you. So why not just learn? Ask questions. Actually find out the facts. Versus assuming today's medicine based on your religion.

Where did i call you or your mother a lesbian. Don't misquote me.

"Also some elderly men and women avoid to show off that they are homos or gays" And my mom isn't elderly either. She is 47. "From the above list, you and some other (Lesbians or their supporters) picked up only one disease" If in this quote you were labeling me as a lesbian you were wrong. (As much as CabinGirl wishes I was wink)

And in what bible is it ok to judge, criticize, name call, and disrespect your fellow man? The Gospel According to Usmanali?

lol lol

Yes, following are my statements.

1) "Also some elderly men and women avoid to show off that they are homos or gays"

2) you and some other (Lesbians or their supporters)

Tell me, where i pointed out your innocent mother in the first quote. It is a general statement.

Tell me, where i pointed you out as a lesbian in the second statement, i mentioned Lesbians OR their supporter in parenthesis. I wrote OR in between, do you know the meaning of OR .

Look, my dear, your english language skills are very poor. Still, if your not comfortable then take thse statements with context to any phd scholar of English, he/she will definitly remove your misunderstanding.

27. Colebabie profile image59

YOU said that ONLY homosexuals get those diseases. YOU said that. So YOU were wrong. You should have said, being homosexual is a risk factor for these diseases, however, they are obviously not the only demographic who may contract/experience them. I used the pregnancy, precancerous cells, and my mother as examples to show you that your initial statement was incorrect.
    I did not misuse the hemorroids example. Many of the diseases/infections on that list are very easily curable as well. Homosexual patient or not.

If someone is homosexual they may not have any of those conditions. I know people that are and do not. As well as being heterosexual one may experience one or many of them. You were wrong, I corrected you. Now you are changing your wording. Yay! Finally you're learning.

1. profile image0

Cole, he isn't able to follow a logical argument.  He can't even grasp his own so-called argument.  You are correct.  He did say the above.  He is back paddling now because he's BUSTED.

Oh I know. smile Thanks so much. Its just sad he won't admit it. I would consider having respect for him if he did.

2. countrywomen profile image60
        countrywomenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Colebabie- Earlier we had Mr. Mohammedmm with similar ignorance and even after a thousand posts there was no change in his attitude. It is easier to tell people who don't know but very difficult to tell people who don't want to know.  smile

Yeh, your hearts have become so stiff like a rock. You don't want to get rid of these pagan philosophies and practices.

1. countrywomen profile image60

As salam wali kum Usman. I wish you well and hope you have good day. Khuda Hafiz smile

Wa alaikum salam ... have a good sleep with your husband.

He has to present a report tomorrow and working on it. I am yawning and going to bed now.  Have a good day everyone. smile

What an evil burden these Freemason have put on ordinary people. People loosing jobs by Credit Crunch and other innocents like your husband is working for them day n night.

It's not everyday he works so late(in fact he has been looking forward for tomorrow's meeting with the higher ups for a while) and my husband loves his job. When somebody loves something it doesn't seem like a burden. My final good night. smile

2. Paper Moon profile image80
            Paper Moonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are bitter and have issues.  I dont think your religion is working for you.  Religion is not meant for such twisted hatred.  Perhaps you should find a new one or drop religion all together.

your brain also seems to be twisted as your neck in your display pic.

1. profile image0

Hey, now, enough is enough.  There's nothing wrong with my neck, ask anyone.  http://media.independent.com/img/photos/2008/01/10/gemina_1.jpg

Where is your head though?

SweetHeart, (is it ok)

Believe me only stressing and crying out loud YOU YOU YOU WRONG WRONG WRONG will not satisfy you.

You should have said, being homosexual is a risk factor for these diseases, i agree but not 100 %. Your suggestion must be as You could have said, being homosexual is a great risk factor + cause for these diseases in homosexuals specially when the partner is Active.

And i think you will agree that lesbians, without giving and taking DILDOS, BOTTLES, STRING OF BEEDS, CUCUMBER ... (seems never ending list) homosexuality is NOTHING, Gays in homosexuality usually make use of their penis, rectum and anuses. These are the high risk factors and major causes of the list of diseases which i mentioned in the case of homosexuality. 

You said Many of the diseases/infections on that list are very easily curable as well. Have you got any reference here. Regarding HOMMORHOIDS being easily cureable in Pregnant Women, i gave you the complete reference which you misused. Again the reference is

The point is i know that HEMMORHOIDS also occurs in pregnant women but you misused this information as whenever a pregnant woman gets this disease she gets rid of it with in no time. For detailed reference " Hemorrhoids are a very common medical complaint. More than 75% of Americans have hemorrhoids at some point in their lives, typically after age 30. Pregnant women often develop hemorrhoids, but the condition usually clears up after childbirth. Men are more likely than women to suffer from hemorrhoids that require professional medical treatment.
      Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc.

THE RED LINE IS THE ONE WHICH YOU ATE UP TO JUSTIFY YOUR FALSEHOOD.

Nay, We hurl the Truth against falsehood, and it knocks out its brain, and behold, falsehood doth perish! Ah! woe be to you for the (false) things ye ascribe (to Us)." (Qur'an, 21:18).

28. Colebabie profile image59

Learn to spell. Although I still believe that was your meaning, text can be taken out of context. That is not a misunderstanding of the language. And you didn't answer my question. Oh and don't call me "my dear", are you kidding? I'm not your anything. Thank "God" for that!

1. janni321 profile image58
      janni321posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh.. colebabie

29. janni321 profile image58
    janni321posted 14 years ago

keep your passion up people
    I started to love hubpages just because of you ;)Great debaters

Haha smile At least I'm entertaining someone

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, you are entertaining at least half of Hubpages. I personally would prefer a different kind of entertainment from a pretty girl though wink

Watch yo self! We are in the religion forum Mr. Misha. Let's take this outside wink

1. Misha profile image63

LOL I guess the word sex (in the title) does not go too well with religion anyway, so it's already compromised by OP smile

2. profile image0

Cabin Girl would gladly join any number of these debators in a steamy lesbian encounter.  That could be highly entertaining.  smile

1. Misha profile image63

And how about you? Would have been a nice dressing. wink

1. profile image0

Absolutely, Misha.  I think that's exactly what this thread needs at this point.  The logical approach to Usman (soon to be spit-shining the old water pump).

A Freemasonic thought of misusing women

And tell me then, how do you "use" them? I've never been "used" before.

2. profile image0
      mdawson17posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I too am loving hubpages for the many various points of views and the wide range of debates

30. Colebabie profile image59

Been over it countrywomen smile I'm suffering from a bit of insomnia right now. It is about 2am here. Just waiting to see if he admits he was wrong and that he can actually learn for others. (Doubtful) I'm off to bed soon smile

http://promotehealth.info/wp-content/uploads/insomnia-cartoon.jpghttp://images.pharmaventures.com/review/cartoons/356/300/2007_01_insomnia.jpg

Hehe. Those are cute. I'm sure as soon as I hit my bed I'll pass out. Long day today smile

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z29/206Rickster/goodnight-8.gif

31. Colebabie profile image59

No "sweetheart" is not ok. Get over yourself.

32. Colebabie profile image59

Bacterial vaginosis
    chlamydia;
    E. coli infections; 
    gonorrhea; 
    salmonellosis;
    syphilis;

All cured by an antibiotic. That's it. In fact, e. coli and salmonella can even clear up on it's own. And you also mentioned pubic lice which is cured by an over the counter lotion/shampoo.

And again, being homosexual is a risk factor, not a cause.

Topic = Homosexuality:

Risk factor + Major cause for homosexuals. Do you have any idea what Major is ??? Major does not mean COMPLETE or 100%

By the way it's logical not to do a thing which leads you to take antibiotic smile

1. Paper Moon profile image80
        Paper Moonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then pull your head out of your butt!

But it still isn't a cause!

"A risk factor is a variable associated with an increased risk of disease or infection. Risk factors are correlational and not necessarily causal, because correlation does not imply causation."

YOU NEED A SLEEP

Why because I'm right? I can argue you all night. It isn't going to change my point of view or knowledge. Sleep? I have tomorrow off of work so I get to sleep in. Work on your comebacks, and improve your knowledge, or just admit that you don't know everything and could learn from someone. Maybe even someone like me?

I learned a lot from you. Even the suggestion which you made previously, i agree with but not 100% as i mentioned.

Then good night! I'm going to the beach with my homosexual friends tomorrow, I hope I don't catch a disease! Peace be upon you smile (not so much blessings though, I'm not one to bless people) Have a great day.

smile Thanks and share the knowledge just presented, to your homo friends. Wa alaikum salam (peace be upon you too)

Well I definitely won't be doing that. They are science majors, and they are well educated virology, and microbiology. So they don't need your input. But thanks! big_smile

A final piece of advice:

When you go to the beach, avoid wearing BIKINI. It produces a high risk + major cause for being molested or raped.

3. profile image0

Have fun, Cole!  I hung out with my lesbian friends today.  We had a great time, went blueberry picking near a nude beach.  It was fantastic.

Nude Beach ideology is also a trash gift from Humanists, Materialists, Freemasons and Zionists.

2. Susana S profile image95
          Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bacterial vaginosis
          chlamydia;
          E. coli infections; 
          gonorrhea; 
          salmonellosis;
          syphilis;

All cured by an antibiotic. That's it. In fact, e. coli and salmonella can even clear up on it's own. And you also mentioned pubic lice which is cured by an over the counter lotion/shampoo.

And again, being homosexual is a risk factor, not a cause.

Being sexually active is a risk factor - unprotected sex is a risk factor - being promiscuous is a risk factor - can't see what that's got to do with sexuality. There are more straight people with these diseases than gay people.

33. earnestshub profile image81

Homer is a nerd by comparison!

34. profile image50
    923juliaposted 14 years ago

I think  there is nothing for same sex to marry.

http://www.mandike.com

35. Colebabie profile image59

http://i27.tinypic.com/qx28go.jpg
    Bye!

hmm BAAAD GIRL

1. fishmox profile image61
        fishmoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agree. 
        She should face her critics and fans.
        But I think she has her back to the camera because THAT'S what looks good.
        Her boobs must be so low from being mashed by guys and lesbians that they're likely hanging and swinging against each other near her belly button.
        Yuck !

That's not me. I have more fans than critics smile And I'm 22, I've only been with one guy, and my breasts are very perky and sexy. So ha! You know what's "yuck" you! smile And why am I a "BAAAD GIRL" because I'm smart?

That's you, eh ?
            Yeah, right.
            That could be anybody's mama.

2. janni321 profile image58

Hey..mad don't go into deep water

36. Colebabie profile image59

No babies here! Some day. You don't have to believe me. That's cool. I would just hold back on criticizing people, especially ones you don't know, who is actually a nice person, on a website you just joined.

1. profile image50
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ignore it Cole !

2. fishmox profile image61

Okay.
      When do I get the right to be rude.
      After a hundred posts ?

Besides, you're right, I don't know nothing really about what those breasts look like.
      Maybe they aren't even there.

LOL

37. Colebabie profile image59

Noted Captain smile Why is it you always catch me before the beach? I think its a sign you're supposed to come!

1. profile image50
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jeeeez you just love telling me about yer damn beach trips, have fun Cole you wench smile

2. janni321 profile image58

well you didn't sleep

38. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Smelling a stinky sock puppet smile

Yep, I just got a whiff myself.

39. danielle p profile image58
    danielle pposted 14 years ago

If two people love one another who are we to deny that. We are not God on earth.

Precisely!

Agreed but the two people must be of opposite sex and should get married and must avoid adultry.

says god on earth! See this guy does not get it.

40. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Who is Fishmox? and what do you write about ?

Trying to decide on that yet, sweetie.
      I thought maybe religion ?
      But from the looks of most posts here in the religion forum, I don't think I'd want to write about Somebody dearest to my heart and soul right now on this site.

I'll prolly look around some more.
      Maybe about travelling, done a lot of that in my time.
      Maybe about keeping faithful to your spouse, without touching on religion ?
      You got any suggestions, I'll be glad to think on it.
      What do you write about.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I write about the nocturnal habits of the slug lol

and  'making hot love' and well all kinds of things really.

Realllyyy !!
          Uhmmmmm.
          Sounds educational to me.
          I'll see if I can locate your hubs.

2. fishmox profile image61

Hey, EagleKiwi (can you give us a little background on your handle?), I found one of your hubs.
      Interesting.
      kinda like being there and not being there, you know, your hub on why America has replaced God yadayada ?
      Keep at it.
      I think I'll be a fan.
      Serious.

cheers.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)