How To You Keep Your Hub Scores High

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (77 posts)
  1. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 15 years ago

Just noticed that the Hub score decreases after a period of time, I know learning all the time. Also noticed your overall Hubscore goes up and down, so what does one do to make them get higher or just remain constant ?

1. Whitney05 profile image83
      Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The hub rank fluctuates depending on the number of hubs you have and their traffic, the number of comments you post on other hubs, participation in the forums, making hub requests in the Q&A section, and just participating in the site overall. So keep participating in the forums, and you can potentially increase your hub score, but I don't think there's a real method to keep the score constant.

1. belief713 profile image60
        belief713posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That pretty much sums it up! My HubScore was holding steady around 90-94 and I hadn't published in quite some time. Now, in the past week I've published a few Hubs and participated in the community some more and my HubScore (at the time of writing this response) is a 97 - so it does go to show it is not just one factor, but many. I think the only way you could keep it constant is if you manage to stay at 100!

Actually, Marisa, I do think it can reflect (not effect) your earning ability somewhat. In the sense that a higher HubScore usually translates to more traffic, which also translates to more money!

Actually, now that you mention it, that's probably very true. I'd be interested in knowing where the HubPages home page stands in respects to pageviews (compared to other popular pages).

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
          Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The home page probably gets a lot of pageviews because every time a Hubber logs on, that's where they start.  But that's not relevant, because Hubbers aren't (usually) paying traffic.

Most of your paying traffic comes from search engines, and that traffic goes straight to your Hub.

2. alekhouse profile image72
      alekhouseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mine goes up every night and down every morning. I'd like the answer to your question too.

2. waynet profile image67
    waynetposted 15 years ago

Post more hubpages that get comments, post in forums, keep active on here and increase your profile and community value here then it will rise (er... your hubscore that is!!)

1. lawretta profile image61
      lawrettaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Waynet is right! am enjoying mine.

2. profile image0
      shreekrishnaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i think this thread is the best written,

forget about your hubscore ,
      contribute daily , you hub score will definitly increase.

3. alekhouse profile image72

"increase your profile and community value here" How do you do this?

3. Everyday Miracles profile image84
    Everyday Miraclesposted 15 years ago

LOL waynet!

My hubscore hit a high of 94 yesterday. I'd been here five days.

I write a lot. My intention in writing as I do isn't to increase hubscore (though it's nice) or revenue (VERY nice!) but to get things out of my system. I'm a writer. Writers have to write.

It has, quite fortunately for me, caused me to have income for the past two days. Given that this is my seventh day here, I'm pretty happy with that record!

1. marisuewrites profile image58
      marisuewritesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm very amazed when people say they have an income here, especially since you've been here just 7 days.  I've been here for 14 months and have made only a few dollars....do you have secret??

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yea Id love to know the secret too , my personal view is that Google runs Hub Pages like other similar sites,all designed to increase traffic for them ( not me)..what was I thinking lol

1. D Cortez profile image61
          D Cortezposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you gals. I'd like to know how to make some income from Hub Pages, especially after a few days. I've been here only a few weeks, and don't expect to make anything. However, if there's a secret out there, I want to know about it.

2. aniketgore profile image60
          aniketgoreposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol if google was running hubpages....................

Goggle is the Bank
            Writing Sites pay the banks and get their profit

We(Hubbers) get paid leftovers lol

4. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 15 years ago

You can't get a HubScore to remain constant.  The system isn't designed for them to ever be static.  Each Hub is going to wind up fluctuating over a range.

And here's my thoughts on How To Improve Your HubScore.

1. profile image0
      ysdataposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have notice that too -- I think you are right

5. skydiver profile image61
    skydiverposted 15 years ago

Mine is like a yo-yo, up and down anywhere between 75-90! I think my problem at the minute is that I don't have many Hubs, just 3-4, so that may be one reason why it fluctuates a lot! Even if I had 10+ I'm sure that would help keep it slightly more stable.

yep same for me ,in fact I scored high ( well I thought so) hahaha...91 for my first hub ,then bombed on my next so bit like everyday miracles said...I just love writing ,eventually once I get all the fluff of my chest maybe I will develop a writing style..everyone has one or simply and I probably prefer this method...it meant something to at least one or two people.

Being honest though money would be welcome , but as I made 15c I can see changes are ahead ...or my next hub will be on surviving Poverty

6. DonnaCSmith profile image84
    DonnaCSmithposted 15 years ago

I was thrilled one day to have hit 100, only to have it drop back down in a few hours:o( I have no idea what I did to get it to spike for a time, but enjoyed it while it lasted.

7. aniketgore profile image60
    aniketgoreposted 15 years ago

i know one thing if you are 95+ u can get on main page and get more hits.

8. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 15 years ago

I would say that the hubscore considers all factors of your participation and contribution to the hubpage community.

9. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 15 years ago

Cheers for the replies, was just curious.

10. dwilliamson profile image61
    dwilliamsonposted 14 years ago

I just hit hub score of 89!!! My highest yet and I've been here 8 days now!!!

1. profile image49
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well done you, you deserve it !

1. dwilliamson profile image61
        dwilliamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, BC.

11. Jules Wright profile image60
    Jules Wrightposted 14 years ago

I signed up for Hubpages 2 years ago, but didn't publish any hubs.  Now my score is only 16.  Yikes!  I guess it's time to start publishing some hubs already.

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What made you come back?

1. Jules Wright profile image60
        Jules Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Darkside, I would like to showcase some of my writing and promote some websites I have.  I notice Hubpages ranks very well in the search engines.  I think this is because the rating system keeps the quality of the writing high. I will need to work to get my score up!

1. Everyday Miracles profile image84
          Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hubpages does penalize overly-promotional hubs, so be careful. I've mentioned one of my sites a few times and have gotten at least one e-mail about it, but that really wasn't my intention.

Hubpages *is* a great way to share your writings though, and I, for one, am doing pretty well with it according to Analytics and my url trackers smile

1. Jules Wright profile image60
            Jules Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, Everyday Miracles, you are off to a great start!  Yes I don't plan to produce overly promotional hubs.  I think the key is to produce good quality hubs and then you can provide links out to other good information that relates to the hub.

12. lindagoffigan profile image57
    lindagoffiganposted 14 years ago

Everyday Miracles, you only been on Hubpages for five days and is satisfied with the earnings.  You are probably qualified to show the rest of us the workings of Google Adsense.

13. frogpatch profile image58
    frogpatchposted 14 years ago

I notice that my overall score went between 95 and 86 in a couple days and my hubs scores just dropped dramatically when I stopped driving traffic for two days. Is that normal?

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Traffic and traffic dynamics are the main components of hubs scores. So yes, it is normal for hubscores to go down when traffic drops. smile

2. profile image0
      shreekrishnaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i don't know why this happens ,

but whenever we get high traffic for 2-3 ays ,

then it decreses & remains 3/4 ,
      hubscore decreases rapidly.

this is the problem of software that calulates the hubscore.

there is some micoding in program.

14. Trekkiemelissa profile image66
    Trekkiemelissaposted 14 years ago

I think my highest is 97.  Mine pretty much stays in the 90s range now.

15. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

The main thing is not to get too hung up on your Hubscore.  It's not that relevant to your earning ability, or the amount of readers you get outside of HubPages.

Yes, a high Hubscore will get you on the front page, but very few people arrive at HubPages via the front page!

16. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

My personal score is going up, but get this - my hubscores are down? I don't get it! hahaha I thought each of the two elements would directly affect one another, but apparently not.

1. profile image49
      ladyvenusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My score now is depressing just look! hehe

1. JamaGenee profile image79
        JamaGeneeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ladyvenus, I've noticed mine goes way down on Sunday nights, then pops back up Monday morning.  So yours probably will too.

1. profile image49

Maybe. I just have to observe if it does. hehe

2. MotherHubber profile image60
          MotherHubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Seriously?  I am going to watch that, Jama.  How funny!

17. MotherHubber profile image60
    MotherHubberposted 14 years ago

As I've mentioned before, get your mom to becomea fan.  Your hub score will go up instantly.  :-)

1. profile image49

Haha . you mean I need to register my mama in hp so she can make comment a lot and view my ads so I will keep my hubscore high? brilliant. I thought about it already coz my mom is my no. 1 hp fan hhehe. But my mom doesn't know computer unlike  your mom.

18. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

I wasn't worried about my score as its the earnings that count, just wanted to know how it worked, cheers all for your replies.

1. profile image49

Can you whisper to me how much you earned cause you've only been here less than a month if I'm not mistaken because I only had in my adsense account 0.17 cents. How about you.

1. profile image49

Its not allowed by google adsense to discuss what I earn but I certainly won't be retiring on it : )

1. profile image49

Not allowed ? have you not read what other hubbers told in forum about there earnings lol.

2. profile image49

Not allowed ? have you not read what other hubbers told in forum about there earnings lol. please read more.

1. profile image49

I have but trust me google can remove your account for doing it, if they want to risk losing their account that is their choice but the google rules clearly state that discussing your earnings isnt allowed and can lead to loss of membership.

2. profile image49

I have but trust me google can remove your account for doing it, if they want to risk losing their account that is their choice but the google rules clearly state that discussing your earnings isnt allowed and can lead to loss of membership.

1. profile image49

Really but those people I'm telling you belongs to the top 10 highest performing hubbers.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73

seems google are just being a bossy boots

19. bgpappa profile image78
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

I have the same issue - Personal hubscore good, inidvidual hubscores on hubs decrease.  I think it is almost all traffic driven.  More traffic, higher score.  Makes you want to promote so that is a good thing.

20. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

Just keep writing hubs!!!  Original content scores better and likely draws more views. Most of us seem to be here for the same reason which is to write and get our thoughts and feelings out there, so without even trying, your hub score should go up. As long as you keep up the hubs, that is. I don't know how commenting and forum participation helps, but it probably does. 90% of my hubtivity has been writing hubs and my score has risen continuously. I haven't had a ton of comments or anything, just kept publishing. smile

21. caderade2 profile image57
    caderade2posted 14 years ago

I've noticed that it will jump by like 10 if you are below 70 just by making a new hub.  I would imagine they reward people with a higher score the more they use any of the features in Hubpages.

22. TimFischer profile image61
    TimFischerposted 14 years ago

I can't get up to 75;(

23. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Wow...my numbers upped since I linked some Hubs together...now that I remembered tongue lol ... omg yikes didn't realize I had unfinished Hubs either hmm I am embaressed

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
      GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For a small fee of $19.99 I'll track down your dignity for you. wink

Smile! big_smile

G|M

24. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Thanks GM lol out to save me, how sweet, wink lol

1. profile image49

I don't know if this is fair but I've noticed a few hubber with  a few hubs but they have high score. I don't know whats wrong when I'm also active in forum an comment lately.

25. dwilliamson profile image61
    dwilliamsonposted 14 years ago

I've been here for 3 weeks now. My hub score is at the highest yet 91!!!!!!!!

1. JamaGenee profile image79
      JamaGeneeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on the 91. Hang in there, it'll get higher. cool

26. jayb23 profile image72
    jayb23posted 14 years ago

Well my author score has fluctuated between 85 and 92, but one of my hubs "The other side of subprime loans" which came 2nd Hubnuggets competition has a hubscore hovering between 90 and 99. This particular hub initially did not attract much traffic but after a week or so, the hub score reached 99. I have been here since 3 weeks and have so far published just 3 hubs and 1 of them was voted among the 5 best hubs from the newcomers. So I can safely conclude that the quality of hubs that matter and not the quantity.

27. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Ooh - I got to 98 for the first time for about an hour and a half today, but then I wrote some Hubs and it went down to 97 (my previous all-time high).  I'm expecting it to be about 92 by tomorrow (because that's how it seems to go)  smile.  If there's any way to keep it even sort of constant I don't know what it is.

1. profile image49

Dont you hate it when you go down smile

28. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

I still can't figure out how it works, because you get a lot of traffic and comments but you don't get the score, a new hubber comes in and within a week is 100.  I don't get how it works, people have explained but what they say and what happens doesn't gel.

1. profile image0
      Whikatposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you Cindy, I can't figure it out either. I just have fun running around and reading the great stories from all the expert writers here on hub pages and write a hub of my own when I get the chance. :-)

29. rugsdynamic profile image60
    rugsdynamicposted 14 years ago

I don't 'get it' either but have enjoyed reading all the interesting tips and ideas here.

Thanks

30. qual7868 profile image40
    qual7868posted 14 years ago

I have been here two years and just started participating in forums and commenting on good hubs. I have not noticed any major increases in Hub score but I still participate. I have a question, do all Hubs start out at 50 or so then raise as time passes?

1. profile image0
      Janettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

not necessarily. I've seen other noob's with lower scores than that. It helps if you put up a hub right away and gt active right away. The more you participate in the community, and write good original hubs, the higher your score will get. smile

31. Pete Maida profile image62
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

I'm clearly not very clever with hubs.  I like to write and I write what I feel and enjoy.  I don't look at tag words and try to build something around them and I don't make sure I hit the hot topics on purpose.

That's probably why that after two months I haven't had a score above 84; oh well.

32. rapmanual profile image40
    rapmanualposted 14 years ago

my score fluctuates, but I get high traffic. I promote through links, too much pointing in one direction...

33. Don Simkovich profile image60
    Don Simkovichposted 14 years ago

I wrote a Hub last August on top tier gasoline that did okay. Hub score for that one Hub was probably in the 60s or 70s. A week ago it started getting all kinds of search engine traffic and now the score is in the 90s.

Traffic is only one variable, though.

34. Ms Chievous profile image66
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

My personal hubscore has always been in the nineties.  I just keep writing a hub every few days and it seems to help.  I think my all time high was a 96.  What I really need is to boost the hubscores on my hubs.  My best hubs don't even reach 90..

1. alekhouse profile image72

When you say "best scores" who has determined that? How do you know they are you best scores?

1. Ms Chievous profile image66
        Ms Chievousposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When I say my best scores I am referring to my highest scoring hubs.  I can't seem to get any of my hubs to score higher than eighty something..

Who determines that?  Mysterious unknown forces that use calculations beyond my comprehension smile 
        Seriously though, I think the hubcore calculation is described in the help section.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)