The Theory of Evolution - Prove that it's true!

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (205 posts)
  1. Taurus2 profile image57
    Taurus2posted 11 years ago

Prove that this is how all life on earth, and man especially, came into existence in this planet. You got no evidence, come on samurais, you got no chop!!

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Prove that it's not.

Taurus2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

A claim has to be proved, not otherwise. cool

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
          Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This evolution and Big Bang stuff must be really hard to comprehend. I mean they use big words like fusion, chemistry along with biology and microevolution. We better leave all that stuff for big people who actually understand all that scary stuff. Meanwhile we'll stick to our Biblical coloring books. I like all that magic stuff and my favorite is coloring in Garden of Eden and that evil talking snake. lol

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7214249_f248.jpg

1. pisean282311 profile image62
              pisean282311posted 11 years agoin reply to this

@paul there is still hope...christians are now mostly acknowledging evolution ...sooner or later bible would be taken as literature work than anything else...i am not so much concerned with christian world though...my concern is more about muslim world and african countries...young generation of christians dont take bible literally but most muslims take quran literally...

2. twosheds1 profile image59
              twosheds1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1,000,000!

1. profile image51
                Robertr04posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Is it because it is not important? I remember more to the evolution picture than what is being shown in this diagram.

3. Davidsonofjesie profile image60
              Davidsonofjesieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

more like wishful thinking,their is nothing in between the monkey and the man

2. Taurus2 profile image57

Ok, in other words, you can't prove it. OMG!  lol lol Be happy with your terminologies which you have invented and have exclusive rights of big_smile

@pisean282311 I would be concerned more about the brainwashed Christians in this country because they end up in public office (i.e. Bush) and we all seen what became of that. Because if Bush wasn't so much of a Bible thumper, he'd think twice about risking troops' lives in a useless war that he claimed God told him to start. Then there are these poorly educated Congresspeople, most come from poorly funded schools in the Bible belt and other elected officials that are churched up that have negative effects on progress like stem cell research and other important scientific research along with equal rights that they deem as anti-Chirstian. And of course if some of these public schools get the proper funding, we wouldn't have these poorly educated people posting threads doubting evolution and the Big Bang. I just came from New Orleans and to get there, I had to travel through Missisippi and Lousinana and what I saw was shocking when traveling through these towns. City halls had duck tape holding broken windows together wilr grass grew through the cracks in the parking lot pavement. People living in trailers with the siding pealing off and tar paper covering the roof wih car tires holding them down. Cars that looked like they were on probation from the wrecking yards.The towns were crap holes but there was a prestine Baptist church about every 1-3 miles. Hmmmm.

hmmmmm

2. Davidsonofjesie profile image60

Our so called leaders in this country will say anything for power,they are no-more Christian than you are,Christian's do not stand up for the killing of un-born babies,they do-not stand up for gay marrage,they would-not get up there and lie about everything they do,and they would-not kick the Lord God out of our country the way these evil so called leaders have done !!!

2. profile image0
          jomineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A positive claim has to be proved, not an explanation. Evolution is a theory, an explanation. It has to be invalidated by showing a contradiction!

2. ChristopherJRex profile image83
      ChristopherJRexposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you are referring to Abiogenesis, please read my hub on that topic: http://christopherjrex.hubpages.com/hub … uire-Magic  Otherwise, why do you think scientists consider all lifeforms on this planet to be part of an evolutionary “tree?”  It’s because, genetically speaking, we are all related.  You can trace any “leaf” (organism alive today) back to its ancestral branch, trunk, and stump.  This pattern of natural selection via descent with modification is replicated in the fossil record.  The theory of evolution is as sound as the law of gravity.  It is supported by countless scientific results by thousands of independent scientists all over the world.  No other hypothesis has been supported by sufficient evidence (with >95% statistical confidence) to become a scientific theory of how life developed on this planet.  As Motown2Chitown was kind enough to point out, Science is actually all about proving things wrong in order to deduce what is “right.”  After >150 years, nobody has been able to adequately disprove Evolution by natural selection.

Logical fallacies. Anyway, no scientist has ever proved Evolution. If you would forcefully say that, then do. Makes no difference. This just like how Clergy and the Mollahs indoctrinate people. The only difference is that they would force you to believe God instead of Evolution!.

1. ChristopherJRex profile image83

In a sense, you are correct.  Science never “proves” anything because it doesn’t claim to know the “truths” of the universe.  Therefore, the only thing Science serves to do is “disprove” every possible alternative in the hopes of approaching the “truth.”  Science, unlike Religion, is flexible to newer/better ideas that serve to aid our ability to comprehend/predict the universe.  If you could, please elaborate on the “logical fallacies” that you claim were present in my statement.

Logical fallacies? Here are those. If you need explanations, then feel free to ask... The list is quite brief, anyway.

1) Otherwise, why do you think scientists consider all lifeforms on this planet to be part of an evolutionary “tree?”  It’s because, genetically speaking, we are all related.

2) The theory of evolution is as sound as the law of gravity.

3) Science is actually all about proving things wrong in order to deduce what is “right.

4) After >150 years, nobody has been able to adequately disprove Evolution by natural selection.

An explanation for each was inherent in my request for you to elaborate on these supposed "logical fallacies."

Here you go-

1) All lifeforms being genetically related doesn't conclude that this relation is an effect of evolution. What you said there is a pristine example of using logic to twist reality.

2) The 'theory' of evolution isn't as sound as the 'law' of gravity. The law of gravity can be witnessed and has practical implications. While the theory of evolution is merely a belief.

3) Science is not all about proving things wrong in order to deduce what is right. 'Deduction' is simply one of the methods employed by people who are practicing science. You have confused a method of investigation, with the investigation itself.

4) The theory of evolution has never been proved, so there is no question of disproving it. What you said there is just like saying that because 'nobody has been able to adequately disprove' the theory of God, so it must be true.

1. profile image0

Wow! Can't see the logical proof for evolution nor the logical contradiction to creation, but can see "logical fallacies" that has nothing to do with evolution, keep it up.

Good luck inventing a new religion, buddy! lol

2. thisisoli profile image69
          thisisoliposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You mean apart from all the experiments that prove that animals adapt and those adaptations are passed along genetically?

You mean that fact that you can own a dog, not a wolf, or the fact that you can trace back evolution to a bacterial stage?

Your understanding of evolution makes one ponder, actually. When did adaptation equal to evolution? When did anyone could ever prove that gradual adaptation leads to the arrival of new species? And most importantly, when did anyone prove that this is the way that a bacterium became a human being?

Don't move in air.

1. thisisoli profile image69

Follow evolutionary paths, it shows how species branch out.

That's your belief.

2. Shelby Diotte profile image60
        Shelby Diotteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Taurus2.....How is it that you can so easily believe that an invisible being took a rib out of a man, drew a picture in the dirt of a woman, and suddenly a living, breathing, reproductive  human beings were created, but you cannot believe factual science?

Where are the facts? And anyway, when did I talk about any 'invisible being'?

1. Shelby Diotte profile image60

That's fine. We can scratch the "invisible being" reference and just call him "God". So again I ask, How is it that you can so easily believe that an invisible being took a rib out of a man, drew a picture in the dirt of a woman, and suddenly a living, breathing, reproductive  human beings were created, but you cannot believe factual science?

The facts are in the tangible proof that science can create life. Embryos  can be grown in test tubes, Clones have been created, human ears for reconstructive surgery are grown on the bodies of mice and human forearms. Science has and does take God completely out of the equation. We do not need God to create life. It's been proven and done. Can you show me proof that God took a rib from Adam and drew a Eve in the dirt and she came to be?

You are dangerously becoming like a religious fundamentalist, and talking as if you have something to 'defend'.

Anyway, I still didn't get any fact that prove that the theory of evolution is true. And, when did I talk about God?

1. A Troubled Man profile image57
                A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So, either you haven't made the effort to see the mountains of facts that support evolution or you are just denying them. Which is it?

1. Rushdie profile image57
                  Rushdieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Which facts? Bring them on so we can all see it! Or is it some cryptic poetry that only you and your colleagues can fully comprehend? lol

Or have you just made it your agenda to convince people that that theory is true, knowing well that it's nothing but junk? Which is it?

lol lol

Another argument from incredulity. Have you actually even read anything about evolution?

"Anyway, I still didn't get any fact that prove that the theory of evolution is true"

Can you prove it untrue? How do you believe life was created Taurus2? If not by God or evolution, then how? I would be interested in hearing your theory, since you have denounced the two most common theories.

3. Shelby Diotte profile image60

May I suggest a good read for you? No matter your answer, I will anyway. Read "Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution"by Theodosius Dobzhansky (1900-1975). Good stuff
                http://www.2think.org/dobzhansky.shtml

Here you go...

"No matter how high evidence was stacked up against evolution in the past, Darwinists could always slip through the "...it COULD have happened..." loophole. As long as genetic mutations and slight physical changes (microevolution) were evident, interspecies transitions (macroevolution) had to be accepted as at least plausible. Not any more. In five brief pages, this article closes the Darwinian loophole, and evolutionary science will never be the same!"

...-David Summers, Publisher/Editor

http://s8int.com/dna8.html

3. Davidsonofjesie profile image60

every scientist who goes against the theory is banished

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

where them banished at?

3. Titen-Sxull profile image71
      Titen-Sxullposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Prove the theory of evolution eh?

Take one generation of life that reproduces, study the offspring. If mutations and variations in the genetic code have occurred than evolution has occurred.

Evolution is just genetic variation in a population over time, most of the changes are very small, that's where the TIME comes in. These small changes can, over the course of hundreds, thousands of even millions of generations, leave a population so genetically removed from its ancestor population that it has become a new species. This event is called speciation and has been observed both in the lab and in the wild.

Mutations happen. But that doesn't prove evolution. You're dreaming.

These are your words - "These small changes can..." Well, you're using the word 'can'. That's possibility. The same possibility that life on earth came from outer space.

4. thisisoli profile image69

There are plenty of books which provide you with evidence, not to mention laboratory experiments on mayflies, and then there are things like dogs, cows, and other products of evolution that has been steadied by human hand rather than natural selection.

Good God!! Books provide evidence of evolution? lol

Ahh we have a comedian who uses his art to shield from the act that books often contain information and data.

Ok junior, you can't hang. Bring all your books and prove evolution, OMG!! lol

('shield from the act') lol

No more than  "Bible Stories" provide proof that God exists....

5. profile image0
      Lybrahposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am torn when it comes to believing in evolution.  Could it be that God created everything and made everything evolve?  I find it hard to believe that we evolved from ape like creatures.

Perhaps, you need to take the time to understand evolution rather than just trying to believe in it, that way, you'll be able to make an intelligent decision and you'll need not have to believe we evolved from ape like creatures.

2. twosheds1 profile image59

I will echo what ATM said. I work in a med school and have to video record a lot of lectures. I am amazed daily at what evolution has produced, but rather than believe it impossible because I lack the full understanding, I have sought to advance my knowledge of how humans and other animals evolved.

1. ytbot1x profile image60
          ytbot1xposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good luck in your pursuit to find truth! lol

3. profile image0
        Rad Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You find it difficult to believe in evolution when you are surrounded by physical evidence, but you believe in God even though you have absolutely no evidence of. Someone has done a number on you.

If you need evidence of evolution look no further than the colour of you skin. Humans adapt/evolve over time to new environments.

How does the color of skin prove evolution?

"Someone has done a number on you." lol

1. profile image0

Well, ever notice that people who originated closer to the equator have very dark skin, but people in northern climates have much lighter skin? Lighter skin evolved because of the need for humans to get vitamin D from the sun. With less sunlight people with darker skin are unable to get enough vitamin D, so nature selected (natural selection) lighter skin for that environment. If natural selection doesn't occur we wouldn't have different looking people all over the world. We would all look exactly the same. Humans evolve to new environments and that is proof of natural selection and evolution.

Try harder, junior lol

"Skin color is one of the most conspicuous ways in which humans vary and has been widely used to define human races. Here we present new evidence indicating that variations in skin color are adaptive , and are related to the regulation of ultraviolet (UV) radiation penetration."

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar … 8400904032

1. profile image0

Yup, skin colour is adaptive. Adaptive meaning (modify, alter, change, adjust, readjust, convert, redesign, restyle, refashion, remodel, reshape, revamp, rework, rejig, redo, reconstruct, reorganize; customize, tailor; improve, amend, refine, tweak). Evolution is just adaptation to an environment. Thanks for helping me proof Evolution in humans, next we can look at the horse, donkey, zebra and the ass. This is further proof that when left along in an environment changes in DNA occur in an attempt to adapt.

You were a big help thanks.

1. profile image0

Thanks again for helping me make my point. It's not an accident that humans share 98% of our DNA with chimps. Darwin didn't no anything about DNA, but DNA confirmed Evolution.

6. twosheds1 profile image59

You're gonna have to do a bit of homework:
      http://cpl.bibliocommons.com/search?t=s … formats=BK

Keep feeding yourself with bogus secondhand BS that other people sell to make their wallets thicker.

1. twosheds1 profile image59

So... you're saying that books written by respected biologists and others are "secondhand BS?"

lol

1. twosheds1 profile image59

Well played, sir.

7. Dan Smith profile image62
      Dan Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What you are talking about is abiogenesis.  Not evolution. 

For evidence of evolution (albeit artifical selection), check out how the English peppered moth has evolved in the last hundred years of so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppered_moth_evolution

Abiogensis is the scientific study of the origin of life, which can be directly compared to creation.  One of the more popular concepts of abiogensis is panspermia which says life was seeded on Earth from space.  Mostly like bacteria on a fragment of rock.  The choice then becomes God or aliens.  Is Panspermia or Creation more satisfying than the alternative?

http://www.squidoo.com/faith-definition

Panspermia fails in that it begs the question as to where and how that bacteria on a fragment of rock originated?

Why not alien super-beings creating those lovely bacteria?

Or, on a more rational note, why not simply assume an unidentifiable phenomenon causing a sophisticated bio-chemical reaction in a primordial pond?

1. Dan Smith profile image62

So you have three choices...

(1) God and creationism

(2) Panspermia and alien lifeforms are responsible of all life on Earth (but no answer to where the alien life originated).

(3) unknown and unspecified fantastic event happen to to primordial organic compounds.

Which is more satisfying to you?

Actually, none of those sound satisfying.

I prefer the one on which the evidence supports.

1. Dan Smith profile image62

Which one has evidence?  I wasn't aware there was any evidence for abiogenesis.

Exactly, there are theories and experiments, but no hard evidence.

Considering that scientists estimate abiogenesis (life arsing from inorganic matter through natural processes) occurred about 3.5-3.9 billion years ago, the conditions of the earth and the environment upon it present then no longer exist today, hence scientists must attempt to synthesize those conditions in laboratory experiments, also taking into consideration the time required for abiogenesis to take place.

However, Stromatolites date back to that era and contain fossilized bacteria microbes dating 2.75 billion years ago, perhaps the hard evidence we were looking for.

"However, Stromatolites date back to that era and contain fossilized bacteria microbes dating 2.75 billion years ago, perhaps the hard evidence we were looking for."

-That's a description of a certain reality. That's not a hard evidence for evidence for abiogenesis.

2. ChristopherJRex profile image83

Please read my hub on Abiogenesis in order to better understand how "realistic" and practical the theory truly is: http://christopherjrex.hubpages.com/hub … uire-Magic

2. A Troubled Man profile image57

Rational? lol

2. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 11 years ago

I have a small piece of dinosaur crap that I use as a paper weight. That good enough? Fossilized. But still crap.

Not that I believe we evolved from a T-Rex. Lol.

ha ha. You are witty, lol!

2. profile image0
      zampanoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi FrogDroping.
      You evolved from a tadpole
      hehehe.
      Anyway, Evolution is just a theory. No faith involved.

3. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 11 years ago

I know ... I know.

But hey - I like the fact that you 'get it' too, so yeah, kudos, ok smile

4. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 11 years ago

There is a hundred billion times more evidence for evolution than there is for the existence of magic beings.

1. profile image0

Don't answer this guy, Shades.  He's a big old .... well, he's not a legitimate poster.  He used to be, but now he has a big axe to grind with HP so he's created like, a billion accounts to antagonize any and everyone.  I just made my smartass remark to play along for a minute.

That's him too:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/103995

big_smile

That comment of yours went under the 'hate speech' category, howdown!! cool

"He used to be, but now he has a big axe to grind with HP so he's created like, a billion accounts to antagonize any and everyone."

- On what basis did you say that? I am a newcomer who is trying to established myself on hubpages, and make like $3800 per month. I am no entertainment-seeking dude who is using this website as a hobby.

What do you use this website for? Is your ultimate aim is to seek an innocent victim whom you can sting and poison? Good luck with that! You're in the wrong place. Go find a crybaby whinnie to empty the vessel. Get a life, slacker!

1. profile image0

Woo hoo!  This'll be my first forum ban ever!  After they reinstate my posting privileges, I'll let you know how I spent the time.

smile

Banned? OMG, some people will have more time to clean the bottoms of the steel pans in the sink! lol lol

2. profile image0

I beg to differ.  I think the multiple voices in my head are plenty enough evidence to prove the existence of magic beings.  tongue

1. profile image0

I beg to differ, multiple voices in your head only suggests you may need some meds.

big_smile

3. pisean282311 profile image62

@shades agreed...there is zero proof of god and his role in creation of human ...In comparison evolution has far more proofs...also it is most consistent theory in understanding the world ...i dont know what makes people believe in fictions like grand daddy wihich has zero proof and question something which atleast have more proofs in comparison...

4. Taurus2 profile image57

Still, you are unable to show even one. Disappointing, nervous system!! lol

@taurus i dont have to show to u...because already there is thousands of papers published..if u are honest to urself , read those papers and be unbiased...i am sure u wuld understand because it is not rocket science ...nor is it fiction like garden , snake etc...It is pure proof based thing...just be honest to urself...all the best..i trust your logical brain totally because it contributed more than any imaginary being in our species journey..

Papers don't make truth. There are thousands of papers in psychology, psychiatry, astrology and on and on. Does that make them true? If Evolution is provable, then prove that! It's your claim! People, except a few gullible, aren't going to believe what Charles Darwin dreamt in his head, unless you show evidence.

@taurus u want prove right?...then please allow me to prove...first read all papers...see evidence...email and discuss with evolutionary scientist and then get back...if u can prove theory of evolution wrong , u would win noble price in biology...no religion has been able to prove it wrong till date...it is most consistent theory to understand species...right from fossils to evolution of eye to evolution of brain , proofs are extraordinary...for imaginary stories like creation theory proofs are zero...when u can believe in zero proof theory from so many years , I am just inviting u one month of serious open minded study...if u are still not convinced u can continue to belief in fantasies...i am trusting ur logical brain again because that made us reach so far not fantasies...

@pisean282311 You do realize that you're wasting your time trying to explain logic to people that are in total denial when it comes to evolution. It's like teaching algebra to a guppy.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7214288_f248.jpg

2. pisean282311 profile image62

@paul got ur point dude...

3. Taurus2 profile image57

Well, you can't teach a goat that the law of gravity is different from the theory of gravitation. How hard someone tries, they will be in cocksure denial! Goog God! lol lol

@pisean u want prove right?...then please allow me to prove...first read all papers...see evidence...email and discuss with 'Life came from space' scientist and then get back... so on and so on...

The theory of evolution has not been proven. So, there is no question of disproving it. Good luck winning "noble price"! big_smile

@taurus so u dont want to work...got that....then u wont have worked on bible too...u wuld have believed?...good luck winning best follower tag.pope would love it...lol

Well, I have checked the theory of evolution. Otherwise I wouldn't be saying all these stuff. There is no evidence that proves that theory. Meanwhile, some people have made claims that life on earth came from outer space. They are preparing their evidences for peer review. Did you know all that? Are you interested learning about that?

Go back to sleep! Worship Darwin!! OMG! lol

u dont seem to be christian by ur responses...r u christian ?

coming to ur point ...yes i am aware about that like am aware about our ancestors attempt like bible and most of bible myths are copied from their ancestors work...so m aware about that too....here question is which is most consistent ...and evolution wins the vote in terms of proofs...bible and 300 other holy books have zero chances ...so it should be discarded...now we should look at what other theories can compete with evolution...right now only evolution has given any proof...

5. Praetor profile image60
      Praetorposted 11 years agoin reply to this

*sniff* Does that mean I'm never getting into Hogwarts? sad

5. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 11 years ago

Ah yes, the proliferating sock puppet guy. I didn't bother to look at the empty profile info. Saw you jump in, thought, hey, I'm bored and procrastinating on book 3, so...

I will stop visiting this thread.

1. profile image0

Nice to see you, though.  Hit a rough patch with book 3?  Which, btw, I can't believe you're already writing. big_smile

This one went as a 'personal attack'. Get a life slacker! Stop wasting time antagonizing innocent people. Go sleep and write a book in your dream. lol

6. michifus profile image58
    michifusposted 11 years ago

"Anyway, no scientist has ever proved Evolution". - that's simply not true.

Evolved resistance to antibiotics in bacteria is probably the easiest and most clear cut example of evolution in action.

Evolution is actually compatible with Christianity, provided that you don't believe that God created the world in 7 literal 24 hour days. So many Christians seem to think that its an either or debate.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but resistance to antibiotics is an adaptation. Nowhere it sheds any light to the mystery how human beings came into this planet. You simply have a belief system, the belief in evolution.

@taurs u r right...it is adaptation...perfectly right...and when u add on series of adaptation u have different species...u r getting closer...congrats...

Bacteria developing antibiotic resistance? -That's adaptation. It has nothing to do with evolution. The concept that gradual adaptations leads to the origin of new species, is an imagination. Good luck with your Darwin deity! lol

@taurus omg...lol i was wasting my time till now?...adaptation has nothing to do with survival and evolution??????????....what did u read about evolution then till now?...coming back to my invitation...please read evolution again and then get back...

Good God! Where did you read that adaptation leads to the birth of new species?!! lol

Go back to sleep!! You're really wasting time here lol

@taurus i am...because u r closed enough not to even study evolution and from ur argument i am now convinced that u know nothing about evolution...if u can accept my invitation with open mind then only there is point of debate or else u can live for ever in your fanatisies...how to agrue with close mindness? i guess u love to sleep lol

Well, your frustration is understandable, big_smile

@taurus u r right...i normally dont argue with close minded people who dont accept to even give try to understand theories...i read ur hub and thought differently for u.....one thing can be concluded from your writeups out here that u dont know much about evolution...u have read few things about it and made ur conclusions...unless u r serious to know about it keep sleeping lol may be in sleeping u might get evolved into open minded being smile

2. michifus profile image58
        michifusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Adaptation to the environment enables one organism to survive, then it dies and so does its adaptation. You are right, its not evolution. But adaptations that are passed on to the next generation are examples of evolution.

Add up enough of these small changes and an organism becomes so different that it can be classed as a separate species. This is called speciation. It is easiest to see in bacteria due to their short lifespan. In mammals this occurs over a much longer timespan. Plenty of evidence exists suggesting that this is the case in animal species. Even Darwin managed to come up with some pretty clear cases all those years ago. Speciation of finches in an isolated community is the classic.

If you want absolute proof that humans evolved from fish to amphibians to apes to where we are today, then you are not going to find it. Is that the point of this thread?

Are you trying to prove that evolution doesn't exist, ergo God does?

"You are right, its not evolution. But adaptations that are passed on to the next generation are examples of evolution."

-Nope, you got that elsewhere. There is no evidence that all these adaptations added up for a long time, and we would witness the arrival of a new species.

As mentioned, there are examples when bacteria develop resistance to antibiotics and stuff. Those are adaptations, and it's nowhere becoming a new species.

So, what you're saying is that we should be able to observe in real time now a process that took millions of years to accomplish?

Well, guess what, we are observing evolution.

So, you really want some evidence to show evolution working and a new species emerging as a result?

http://www.treehugger.com/clean-technol … ecies.html

Well, that blogger posted experimental findings, which he claims, have been discovered by a group of scientists in Britain. That's no good than what Darwin found more than a century ago. That's adaptation, I am getting tired repeating again and again. Not evolution.

lol

"An adaptation in biology is a trait with a current functional role in the life history of an organism that is maintained and evolved by means of natural selection."

Natural selection has nothing to do with evolution. Humans can themselves manipulate the breedings of crops or certain animals to get some specific qualities in a species. Nowhere that leads to the creation of a new species.

What you get is merely a transitory variety within a species. That natural selection led to the arrival of man, is nothing more than a complicated belief system. Well, we have priests for this belief system as well lol

By the way, natural selection is a theory as well! No one ever proved it, or could explain its mechanism. I hope the priests can help us here to understand more their belief system lol

1. psycheskinner profile image84
                    psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

When a human does it, it is artificial selection.  And artificial selection can and has produced new species. The dog and the wolf are different species.

Psycheskinner has provided you with an answer to that.

Entirely false, argument from incredulity.

2. thisisoli profile image69

Actually untrue.  Their are evolutionary paths that can be traced back to the very beginnings of life, go eat some shrimp and you are eating an ancestor of one of the first animals to have evolved as a predator on this planet.

and missing links, evolutionary gaps etc are a common misplaced argument, because everytime the gap is filled, people go and find another one.  The truth of the matter is that looking for fossils is hard and unprofitable work, but 'gaps' are being filled regularly.

Everytime I hear someone say 'but there is no link between this and that' they seemingly forget how important that particular link was, as soon as it gets filled, and go find a new gap.

Every time a new fossil is discovered, a gap is filled, and evolution is proved accurate once again.

What they could ever present are fossils linking varieties, not any two completely different species.

However, those 'scientists' tried several times to establish that they got the transitional fossils. Those attempts, very sadly, were caught outright to be frauds.

3. thisisoli profile image69

Those adaptions lead to new species. 

small adjustments over time build up. You get different variations of the same species, but as different variations die off, some remain.

That is one of the most complicated belief systems that have ever been invented.

7. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

Well, Taurus2, I can't prove evolution, but I've seen plenty of evidence that shows it to be likely. Layers of species progressing through time, becoming more complex from about 500 million years ago to today.

God created this universe and all the laws in it. I see no problem with God creating laws that led to evolution.

Now, as far as the timeline in the Bible, it's all interpretation. And humility requires me not to read with preconceived notions. My cup must be empty, otherwise God cannot fill it.

Even scientists, who have any measure of success, use humility and restraint.

Using these, plus the faith that answers were in there, led me to the discovery of a code in Genesis that led to a timeline compatible with those of science. It even answered the age-old puzzle about the "daughters of men" and the real reason behind Noah's Flood.

Homo sapiens does look a lot like other species, especially Homo neanderthalensis. But I suspect that this may have been a case of parallel evolution. And humans may not have evolved, but Homo neanderthalensis did.

Humans were, quite possibly a special case, because God needed a way for His children to have continuity of consciousness and an ability to create civilization. Why? Because without the gifts of speech and civilization, we would not be able to find salvation -- the reawakening of the children of God -- to turn from the darkness of depending on physicality, to the light of spiritual dependence upon God -- the Source of all.

The new Genesis timeline pegs Noah's Flood at 27,970 BC. That's right when Neanderthal ceased to exist as a species (broad scientific consensus). Hanky panky with the wrong species could've resulted in a hybrid that could not speak, negotiate, find their ways to forgiveness, or to building civilization. That seems to have been the reason for the Flood. All forms of "violence," "wickedness" and "corruption of flesh" (as mentioned in Genesis 6) that men have done since the Flood could not have been the reason for the Flood. The only corruption of flesh that would threaten God's purpose would be genetic pollution with a non-human species.

But the new Genesis timeline pegs Adam (the earliest tribe) at 10,454,130 BC. That's in the middle of the Miocene Epoch -- when "giants" roamed the earth that dwarfed today's modern elephants.

This really throws a wrench in anthropologists' timeline for Homo sapiens.

And the really sad part, for me, is that the fact that it took an act of God to create humans, implies that a civilization building species could not have originated on its own. Neanderthal -- the closest thing offered by "nature," was too "selfish" and reactive to build civilization. That means that all the star systems out there may be teaming with life, but none of them may have a civilization. No Klingons for some future Captain Kirk to battle. sad

Thanks for giving us a brief idea of your belief system.

@Taurus2 There YOU have a belief, pisean282311. Your belief is that there is a 'missing link' and that we would find that out.

right...u r right in it....since we got most links , it is my belief that we would find missing link too...

but how does that change anything?...let us assume we fail to find missing link....does that give any strong evidence to nullify evolution theory?...

this is accepted theory not because it is popular but because it is most consistent theory with findings....circumstantial proof...

You have a belief that the "Theory of Evolution" will one day be proved to be true.

2. Paul Wingert profile image60

@pisean282311 - There is no "missing link". That was an early 20th century name coined by the media at the time. To disprove evolution, one has to nullify biology, chemistry, DNA, geology, and earth science.

1. profile image0

You forgot to mention logic smile

No one could ever prove it. Well, I know some people would still try to disprove it, OMG!! lol

8. ftclick profile image55
    ftclickposted 11 years ago

The additional complex DNA strands and loss of body hair from neanderthal to man are not all that logical.  Any scientists can make up a "theory" to fit their agenda.  There is not 100% scientific proof this is the way it happened. However, it is the most plausible for the masses in the scientific community to believe & passed down from there. Just as it was the most plausible to believe the earth was flat centuries ago.  I believe in the thread title. Prove it is true without a doubt.  Science does not rely on biblical passages or magical theories. Where do I stand? part magical part science.

Oh please the loss of hair is a natural progression after we started to find other ways to keep warm and protect ourselves. Do you realized how many diseases and medical issues occur from hair?

a rash from dandruff might be fine in human society but go back a few years and that sore could become a fatal infection.

The loss of hair can be explained easily through natural selection.

'Can be explained' is very different from 'proving that this is how it happened'.

9. profile image0
    jomineposted 11 years ago

Yup, this evolution is all bunk, humans were always there.

You've a fantastic belief system! There are some folks who hold a belief that aliens dropped human beings in this planet. I guess you can fuse this alien concept into your ingenuous belief system, to construct a sophistically complicated belief system!! lol

1. profile image0

Like, for example a supreme intelligent being, who is un-created, created the less intelligent humans- who couldn't evolve from lesser forms, nor can't be always here, but had to be created?

OMG! You're going in a fantastic direction!! Keep that up, dude, and we might even witness the birth of a brand new religion! lol

1. profile image0

Why, the existing BSs are not enough?

That is for you to explain big_smile

1. profile image0

Au contraire, I think it is you who got to explain. You are the person who says evolution didn't happen.

lol

10. eusaphzae profile image41
    eusaphzaeposted 11 years ago

Well! why not all of you have a look of Harun Yahya work who officially declined the Darwinist.
    http://harunyahya.com/list/type/1/name/ … /undefined

Have you actually ever read through any of those books?  You can find far less nonsensical bullshit in children's stories...  He probably supports what's going on in Louisiana too: http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/ … ax-dollars

1. eusaphzae profile image41
        eusaphzaeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well! its up to understanding and difference in beliefs.....I would refer Holy Quran to read.....and if want better understanding can search for Dr. Zakir Naik, on youtube......an Indian Muslim Scholar will probably have the best answers.

2. eusaphzae profile image41
        eusaphzaeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

anyhow link you have posted is interesting.

11. ocbill profile image53
    ocbillposted 11 years ago

I would like to hear some proof too.  All I've read are just some sarcastic condescending remarks which is not a constructive way to explain a theory.

12. bettybarnesb profile image59
    bettybarnesbposted 11 years ago

Prove that He doesn't.

13. Praetor profile image60
    Praetorposted 11 years ago

To take a break and jump off topic for a brief moment, I know that there are a lot of authors here and I just wanted to take a sec and let you all know that Google has updated their Webmaster Guidelines.

Here's the link for the updated version: http://support.google.com/webmasters/bi … swer=35769

14. sparkster profile image86
    sparksterposted 11 years ago

Darwin's theory of natural selection can proven via the self-mutating gene, evolution is very real.  However, it does not explain how the genes actually came into existence in the first place (although it was attempted).

15. Dan Barfield profile image73
    Dan Barfieldposted 11 years ago

The evidence in support of the theory of evolution is incontrovertible. There is so much evidence available now that to attempt to deny it is arrogant, willful ignorance. I do not try and argue that there is no God... but for others to try and claim that evolutionary theory is not the best available explanation for the current state of living organisms is quite frankly laughable. If those religious fundementalists who disagree with me, would first like to have a look through the explanations and evidence provided in the following links, then make objections to specific instances of evidence... feel free. Blanket denials without reference to any basis in the real world or the information that we have available about it through hundreds of years of scientific research, are not worthy of response.

URLs leading to explanations and evidence in support of evolutionary theory:

http://anthro.palomar.edu/evolve/evolve_3.htm

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar … 0/lines_01

http://www.nature.com/nature/newspdf/evolutiongems.pdf

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar … history_23

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar … history_16

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar … rgstrom_01

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar … 01_warming

http://lightyears.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10 … tists-say/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC372862/

If this is not enough, then tell me why it hasn't convinced you. If you cannot come up with a specific objection that clearly disproves or discounts the particular aspect of evolutionary theory that you are attempting to debunk, then don't bother. Anyone who is capable of debate will instantly discount your argument if it is not backed up or thought through logically. Neither should you reference any premise that cannot be tested as a basis for an argument. Evolutionary theory has evidence from plenty of scientific trials using species that have rapid breeding cycles. This is undeniable, check these links out if you don't believe me:

http://myxo.css.msu.edu/ecoli/

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 … 090021.htm

Do you understand the term 'macro evolution'? lol

1. profile image0

Micro and Macro evolution are terms made up to discredit evolution by eliminating the immediate example of evolution by just calling the example's micro evolution. Then they can make the ridiculous claim that Macro evolution is impossible because we don't see any of that.

lol

16. taburkett profile image58
    taburkettposted 11 years ago

what came first -
    the chicken or the egg?
    and where did it come from?

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Neither. They evolved at the same time from an animal that was similar to a chicken.

How does the Bible answer that question?

1. eternals3ptember profile image61
        eternals3ptemberposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Did you read to the bottom? Evolution?

3. profile image0

The egg clearly came first. The egg has been used by reptiles, birds and dinosaurs for millions of years. Now, if the question was "what came first the chicken or the chicken egg" that would be a little more complex, but the answer would still be an egg. The domesticated chicken would have been bread for it's yumminess much like we breed dog for the cuteness. The first chicken would have come from a chicken egg. You just can't get a chicken without an egg.

17. profile image0
    zampanoposted 11 years ago

Also true for omelettes smile

1. profile image0

Can you even imagine a world without chickens?

1. profile image0
        zampanoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely !
        Where would poor people get some protein from, otherwise ?

18. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
    PaulGoodman67posted 11 years ago

Science quantifies doubt.  Evolutionary theory has far less doubt attached to it than any other rival theory, as an explanation of the development of organisms over time. 

To make make a solid case for evolution would require at least several thousand words.  To disprove it would take just a single fossil to be found that is out of chronological order - so far no one has done this.

Regarding how life began, we simply don't know yet.  The trend appears to be that simple life forms gradually developed into more and more complex ones, so the earliest form of life is likely to be very simple.

The ground breaking discoveries relating to genetics were a huge step forward in understanding the origins of life.  Discovery of any form of life on Mars will also help to solve the problem.

Simple life can (and does) develop from abiotic materials.  Amino acids can form spontaneously in many places throughout the universe.  It only takes five nucleotides (which are not much more complex than amino acids) to bond together and form a piece of RNA capable of performing the simplest functions of life.  Life just gets more complex and intricate from there via the process of Evolution.  For details on Abiogenesis, please read the following hub: http://christopherjrex.hubpages.com/hub … uire-Magic

2. ytbot1x profile image60

"To disprove it would take just a single fossil to be found that is out of chronological order"

-Is that the only evidence that you have? lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)