Prayer for all in the path of Hurricane Sandy (a rare hybrid storm) ...

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (254 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 11 years ago

I do not know if this is a proper way to address this, but I am making a plea for a call to prayer for all those affected in this most dangerous storm's path (many here on HP, our friends, i.e., Colin a.k.a. Epigramman, Joseph De Cross, a.k.a. Lord De Cross, Mary (tillsontitan) from NYC and many others).  I am claiming all of His promises in Psalm 91 and praying Psalm 91 for protection over all.  Please pray with me!!!  Experts say this is a rare hybrid storm of Hurricane Sandy, meeting up with a winter storm and also a coldfront.  It will affect over 800 miles of the East Coast to the Great Lakes.  NYC is shutting down its mass transit system.  I am making a plea to all . . . if you are in an area that is being evacuated, please evacuate.  Associated Press just stated, "If you don't evacuate, you are not only endangering your life, you are also endangering the lives of the first responders who are going in to rescue you. . . In a situation like this, you don't want to be overly panicked, but do need to be prudent."  Let us all join together in prayer for protection over all.  There is power in numbers when praying without a shadow of a doubt.  I love you all and I will continue to pray without ceasing.  Power may be lost over the next days, and the rest of us will be in limbo not knowing, but I know and trust in the Lord and I lift all up to Him for He is a shelter and our strong tower in time need!  We have been through these type of devasting storms in southern USA and know of their devastation, but I know and trust in the Lord too.   In His Love, Faith Reaper

1. wetnosedogs profile image60
      wetnosedogsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

FaithReaper,
      Joining you in prayer. I surely do remember storms here for the short time I've been in Alabama(just a matter of years).
      How gracious of you, and not surprising at all, that you thought of other people and posted this.

Faith Reaperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much wetnosedogs for praying.  Amen, In Jesus' Name.  To God be the glory.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

2. BlossomSB profile image80
      BlossomSBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Praying with you from Australia and following on the radio what is happening. God bless you for thinking of putting this on a Forum!

Thank you so much dear Blossom.  God bless you too.  So many of our HP friends are being pounded at this very moment.  I know right now they are without power in New Jersey and elsewhere.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

3. youcanwin profile image44
      youcanwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am joining with your prayer.

May God protect all.

youcanwin,

Thanks so much dear one for joining in prayer.  God bless you.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

4. manlypoetryman profile image80
      manlypoetrymanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Standing in agreement with you...and your very well stated prayer. Houston, Texas is my home. Understand how bad it can be....but never had to go through one with a cold front simultaneously! Praying for electric power to be restored to hardest hit areas quickly, for transportation to get back to running normal, for repairs of all kinds to come quickly, for food and water to be sent to all areas in need, for any flooded areas to recede in a hurry, and for everyone to just stay safe and warm until things get back to normal. Prayers.

Thank you so much manlypoetryman for praying here for all.  God bless you dear one.  In His Love, Faith Repear

5. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why are you giving people instructions on how to avoid getting injured or killed?  Shouldn't your prayer just cover everyone,  whether they seek safety or not?  Do you really believe your prayers will save lives, or that your instructions will?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
        Kathryn L Hillposted 11 years agoin reply to this

love is an energy which permeates and fulfills the laws of goodness and positivity.

6. profile image0
      Sueswanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have been praying and I will continue to pray for all those affected by hurricane Sandy

2. Amy Becherer profile image65
    Amy Bechererposted 11 years ago

I'm with you, dear Faith.  My BFF, Laura, lives with her family in North Carolina.  I've been listening to the news reports that since this hurricane and the series of coinciding weather factors present are compiling to create an unprecedented event, evacuations are being highly recommended.  I understand that those in its path only have until tonight to make their decision, as beyond that, it will be too late.  I understand that the N.Y. and New Jersey transit systems will be shutdown as of 7 p.m.  Storm surges are likely to reach 8' at the coastlines.  Power outages are likely to affect 60 million people, with repairs possibly taking weeks.  Believe it or not, in addition to a deluge of rain creating flooding, tremendously destructive winds, now I hear that the warm air of the storm meeting the cold east coast air may produce up to 20 inches of snow!  These are all just speculation at this point, but forecasters are classifying the consequences as dire. 

Thank you for your compassionate invitation to join in praying for those in the path of what yet remains unknown, but carries the possibility of enormous grief.

Most Precious One Amy,

Thank you so much dear one.  We will hope for the best and that the Lord shall divert this storm's path away from the coast. 

In His Love, Faith Reaper

2. Sparklea profile image59
      Sparkleaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Faith, THANK YOU for your prayers.  My husband and I and our 4 cats,not to mention children and grandchildren are right in its path, we live 200 miles from NYC in the Binghamton area.  We are facing possible power outages, flooding and very high winds.  The stores are mobbed.  We did not get a genarator as we just got back from Lancaster PA...ALL generators are sold out. 

The grocery stores are mobbed with people buying water, staples, and batteries are gone, except for the little ones.

Our cellar leaks, and we are okay as long as we can use the water vac, but if we los power, that's another story. 

My sister and I are praying in the name of Jesus that this storm does NOT take the turn the weather people are predicting...that God moves the storm out to sea.  My niece lives in New Jersey, and my cousin in NYC. 

I am praying for ALL those in the path of this storm.  They said on the weather channel this is the greatest storm of this generation.

We had horrible flooding a year ago here.  But God is in control.  It is a moment by moment dependence on God...THANK YOU for this prayer post, Faith.  Blessings, Sparklea

1. suzzycue profile image87
        suzzycueposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am with you. I will be praying for all to be ok and it will.

God bless you suzzy!  In His Love, Faith Reaper

2. Faith Reaper profile image83

God bless you Sparklea.  Oh my dear one.  I am praying specifically too for all those I know who are in its path.  I also know of another who I have not mentioned above, Mike a.k.a., CloudExplorer.who lives in NYC.  Please know you and your family and all are all covered in prayer.  "Don't be afraid, just believe."  Love you all.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

1. Sparklea profile image59

THANK YOU FAITH.  Winds REAL BAD NOW.  PRAYING for no power outages, raining hard.  My husband bought a generator, praise the Lord, not hooked up...it would provide light but no heat, but very thankful.  I read that over 765,000 are without power so far.  Praying for everyone in the path of this horrendous storm.  The governor of New York has declared a state of emergency, no one is supposed to be on the roads at all.  Blessings, and THANK YOU EVERY SINGLE PERSON FOR YOUR PRAYERS SO VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.  WILL STAY IN TOUCH IF WE DON'T LOSE POWER.  SPARKLEA smile

Praise God, you are safe and you were able to get a generator!!!  Yes, I know for sure in NJ, they are without power.  Yes, we will pray about your power, and praise Him your husband was able to find a generator!  I pray you have a fireplace to stay warm as this strange hybrid storm is a rare combination of hurricane, winter storm and coldfront all colliding together.  PRAISE GOD YOU ARE SAFE AND WE KNOW HE WILL CONTINUE TO PROTECT YOU AND ALL AS WELL, AS WE ARE ALL CLAIMING HIS PROTECTION OVER YOU AND ALL IN THE AFFECTED AREAS!  Thank you for letting us know of your safety, and please continue to do so when you are able and if your power does go out, as soon as it returns, please let us know you are safe.  God bless.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

Hi Faith: UPDATE: one of my wonderful Christian hub friends (YOU are, too) told me that he, in the past, had "sent a storm away" through prayer.  So my sis and I agreed, in the name of Jesus, to "send it away'...neither of us take ANY credit...however, when I woke up this morning, I learned that the state of emergency had been lifted, the high wind warning is now just an advisory...I even took my morning walk without need of an umbrella!  No flooding expected!  I think I have thanked God a million times!  Yet, my poor cousin in NYC is on the 8th floor of an apartment with NO POWER.  Praying for ALL THOSE affected.  I have no explanation for these storms, but God is in control.  I want to thank you and all my hub friends for your prayers.  I will email you within the next couple of days.  GOD BLESS and THANK YOU!

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
                A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

He was obviously lying or mentally disturbed.

Meteorologists do have explanations for storms and they don't ever invoke God as the reason.

And, if God was in control, why did innocent people die?

To A Troubled Man:  I am unable to answer your question.  I never ask God why...about anything.  Years ago I did, but I no longer do.

I wrote a hub titled, "The Greatest Pain And The Greatest Peace."
                  I have concluded (this is just MY opinion) that the greatest pain is loss and the greatest peace is acceptance of life as it is...and trusting God throughout.
                  That being said, I can only say that I see God in everything, good or bad, and I stand on my dependence on Him. 
                  I believe every single word in the Bible.  God gave me life, and He takes life away.  We are all headed in that direction.  The Bible states "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away."
                  All of the above is my personal opinion, not a debate or an argument.  I totally respect and honor the way others feel about everything.
                  Thank you for your input and feedback.  I truly appreciate it.  Sincerely, Sparklea

Yes, but unfortunately, your personal opinion is extremely selfish and insulting to those who died, those who lost their homes, etc.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

nature is nature. do not call her personal opinion selfish and insulting when that is the Last thing she Intended. some one need to flag you. there are Rules in hubPages and you are probably breaking them with your overly Disrespectful and Audacious attitude. have some respect, Man.

Dearest Kathryn,

God bless you dear one.  Yes, this is a plea for prayer not a discussion on whether or not God exists or the effectiveness of prayer, not a debate either of our beliefs, just a request for prayers for those who are hurting.  If one wants to have a forum on such other issues, then they should go from this forum and have one on such.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

3. Don W profile image83
                  Don Wposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"No one said there was a solution.  Sometimes the only way to survive is to take evasive maneuvers (sic).  Praying is childish nonsense."

To all the religious folks here, I apologise for my non theist colleague's crass and insensitive comments. Sometimes I really really wonder how low people can go.

Anyway my own message to people affected here is that I'm not the praying type, but I sincerely hope you and your loved ones are safe and sound, and that you can recover from this devastating storm. You are in my thoughts, and I'll do my best to help in any practical way I can. Stay safe. Best wishes.

Are you serious? This OP is filled with crass and insensitive comments and is nothing more than a soap box for those to preach their gospel and to insult those who died. How can you possibly defend that?

2. getitrite profile image71

Although I left the forum, because of the fact that I understand the mental illness that religion imposes upon its victims, I needed to return to defend myself against this nonsensical and unwarranted criticism of my position.

Don, No one is being insensitive toward the victims of this tragedy.  This is a tragedy, I feel badly for the victims.  I am no less compassionate about the plight of these victims than the religious fanatics here.  I, however, know that prayers does nothing, and is a form of psychosis.  It seems that people like you are willing to enable these fanatics on their journey into madness.

How magnanimous of you to assert your superior morals, however, baseless your claim.   Again, I join with good people everywhere, in having hope that these victims will find some relief.  I will do what I can to help.  I, myself, was hit by the storm.  My brother lives in NJ, and I talked to him last night.  His house is flooded, and he has to share a generator with his neighbor, just to have temporary power, however, praying for him will do nothing but insult him.

3. profile image0
    Ghaelachposted 11 years ago

Hi Faith Reaper.
    I will first thank you for the prayer.
    Not just for those people that live in those areas that seem to get it each year, they have a lot of courage.
    I give thanks to you and pray for a family that are on their first holiday in many years. Namely my son and his wife with their three children (grandchildren). They had a flight on Friday from the UK to Orlando for 2 weeks. The only good thing is "No news is good news". I'm not to sure how the storm is at the moment. I've seen that NY is getting ready for it, so does that mean it has past Florida??? Here's hoping.
    LOL Ghaelach

Dearest Ghaelach,

Thank YOU dear one, and I will pray for your dear family . . . your son and his wife with their three precious children (your grandchildren)!!!  Yes, it is hitting hard on the East Coast right now.  NY, NJ are being pounded and I know they have lost power.  God bless you and your family.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

4. pearlmacb profile image69
    pearlmacbposted 11 years ago

I`M WITH YOU IN PRAYER! RARE STORM, HOWEVER WE HAVE A RARE GOD, GREATER THAN ANYTHING!!! LETS BELIEVE FOR PROTECTION!

Dearest Sister Pearlmacb,

God bless you for also praying with us all.  We do have a rare God, greater is He than anything in this world!!!  We will claim His protection over all!  Amen dearest Sister!  In His Love, Faith Reaper

1. pearlmacb profile image69
        pearlmacbposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amen! Today, I pray we will hear good reports overweigh the bad!

Let us speak forth in truth!  Amen, in Jesus' Great Name.  God bless you and all in the affectd area.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

5. A Troubled Troll profile image59
    A Troubled Trollposted 11 years ago

So much company, I too will join. Anyway it's better than doing something. And if it can protect cats, so much the better. lol

A Troubled Troll,

God bless you dear one for joining us in prayer.  God is all knowing, all powerful and ever-present.  We will claim His protection in Psalm 91 and pray Psalm 91 for protection over all, and animals and pets too.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

6. Minnetonka Twin profile image88
    Minnetonka Twinposted 11 years ago

God Bless you dear Faith Reaper for your prayers for those in the path of this dangerous storm. I too have been praying and worrying. I have been and will continue to follow the news updates and hope that our dear hub friends will be safe in the arms of our Lord who will protect them at this time.

Dearest Minnetonka Twin,

God bless you too dear one for praying also.  Yes, there are many HP friends who are being pounded on right at this minute and who have lost power.  We are praying a special hedge of protection over all.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

The following are some of our HP friends (who I know of) who are in the affected area, please pray specifically for all:

Lord De Cross

Robin Grosswirth

Sparklea

b. Malin

J.S.Matthew

Happyboomernurse

fpherj48--Effer

Cagsil

Genna East

Vincent Moore

stephaniedas

EuroNinila

melpor

ThePracticalMommy

Maria Jordan

epigramman

Karen Hellier

Julie DeNeen

Janine Huldie

tillsontitan

CloudExplorer

KDuBarry

1. pearlmacb profile image69
          pearlmacbposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Done!!!! Keep Safe Vincent Moore and Cloud Explorer!!

Amen pearlmacb!!!  God bless you.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

7. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 11 years ago

my prayers also extended to the East Coast

God bless you Rafini!  Yes, the East Coast is getting pounded on right now.

8. tammybarnette profile image61
    tammybarnetteposted 11 years ago

Prayers to all in harms way! May God protect you and keep you safe, warm, and dry...in Jesus Name

tammybarnette,

Yes, Amen, In Jesus' Great Name!  God bless you dear one. 

9. jponiato profile image89
    jponiatoposted 11 years ago

Joining you all in prayer for anyone in Sandy's path.  Also, just in case anyone disagrees with the statement that praying is "better than doing something," here's something else we can do.  Let God's mercy work through us:
    http://www.redcross.org/

Hi jponiato,

God bless you dear one for praying too.  Amen on God's mercy!  Oh, cool, thanks for the Red Cross link!!   In His Love, Faith Reaper

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

Uh, the Red Cross is not a religious organization and God does not work through it.

1. jponiato profile image89
        jponiatoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I didn't say it was, nor did I say God would work through it, although it wouldn't surprise me if He does.  I posted the link for anyone interested in taking direct action.  I said let God work through us.

just ignore him. he is famous for this attitude which is very oppositional to the light.

Yes Dear Kathryn,

Light and darkness cannot occupy the same space.  We will pray for all here, especially.  As Christ first loved us, we are able to love them as well.  God bless you.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

1. youcanwin profile image44
            youcanwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your good spirit.

Dearest youcanwin,

I appreciate your kind words here, when so many are hurting and suffering.  God bless you.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

10. profile image0
    SirDentposted 11 years ago

Praying and have been all day off and on.

Hi SirDent,

God bless you for praying without ceasing, that is the key here!!!  Amen.

11. CrisSp profile image72
    CrisSpposted 11 years ago

I believed in the power of collective calling and praying. So, count me in Faith....my bestfriend since childhood lives in NJ. I spoke to her yesterday and they're bracing Sandy with prayers.

Hi Sister CrisSp!

God bless you dear one.  Yes, there is power in numbers no doubt.  I will pray for your childhood bestfriend living in NJ.  I know they have lost power as of now.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

1. CrisSp profile image72
        CrisSpposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Faith...I'm trying to call her this afternoon, couldn't get her and not responding on my FB messages as well. Probably no network now...my sincere prayers.

12. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 11 years ago

Just found this Faith and I have been watching and praying all day so yes I join you and all the others. 60,000 or more in danger so there cannot be too many of us. I hope many more will join in with many days to go in this catastrophe.

Thanks Dearest Jackie,

God bless you dear one.  Yes, all need to be on broad praying for all concerned and many who are our friends right here on HP.  Yes, even after tonight, as you have stated, there will be many more days to go in this rare hybrid of a terrifying storm.  We have family in NY, and they are doing fine at the moment, and they have a generator.

They just said on the news that 1.6 million people in New Jersey are without power, and that if there is any way one can leave now, please leave now, as they cannot come in and rescue anyone now due to the storm surge.  Please let us all continue praying!!!  In His Love, Faith Reaper

13. Vellur profile image96
    Vellurposted 11 years ago

Praying for each and everyone in the path of the storm. I hope and pray for all to be safe and sound.

Thanks Vellur, just heard from Joseph (Lord De Cross) he is fine.  Praise God!!!  Let's keep praying for the aftermath of the terrible storms for all concerned.  God bless.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

14. A Troubled Man profile image58
    A Troubled Manposted 11 years ago

Sorry folks, God is not in a very protective mood.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/artic … ss-in-wake

1. Ciax profile image57
      Ciaxposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Bla bla bla...

15. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 11 years ago

Well it seems that  your prayers didn't work at all.  Here where I live, the storm hit last night with a destructive force.  Many people are without power, and roads are flooded.  Can't you people see just how childish and silly it is to try to pray something away?

1. Ciax profile image57

Try to get help from the theory of relativity, instead.

1. getitrite profile image71

Or these praying hubbers should just send cash or supplies, or their time, since prayer obviously doesn't work.  Put simply, prayer is a way of pretending to help, while doing absolutely nothing.  How noble!...?

1. manlypoetryman profile image80

Yet....your negativity towards the ones praying...is doing wonders for the situation...

It's doing just as much as prayer, which does absolutely nothing.  While believers fool themselves into believing they have some kind of magical powers, reality goes on around them, proving their prayers to be silly childish whims or wishes.  What a USELESS way of pretending to help...in this serious situation!

For those that believe and have witnessed first-hand what God can do...Prayer...is this most excellent thing they can be doing. Far greater then whatever man can do on his/her own!

Unfortunately, in this case, we have seen what God can't do, witnessed first-hand by millions, despite prayer.

nature and the earth do what they do. it is science. we are at the mercy of natural phenomenon. of course prayers help mankind who was made by God, who loves every last one of us... even you two.

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks so much for your lovely comments dear one.  God does love all and prayers do help mankind.  Amen.  God bless you and all who commented here ----ALL.   In His Love, Faith Reaper

A Troubled Man has been on HP for 15 months and has not published one hub, but comes on a simply plea for prayer for those suffering and leaves nasty comments.  I believe he is also "A Troubled Woman" who is bannned, but she is coming on here too leaving nasty comments.  It would be fine if the forum is to discuss our beliefs our discuss the effectiveness of prayer or our believe in whether or not there is a God, but that is not the point of the forum.  Thank you.

Yet, that is exactly what you're doing along with insulting those who died in the process.

Thanks manlypoetryman for praying.  God bless you.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

2. Ciax profile image57

Try to assert your diatribe to a person who has lost an organ. You'll find out what praying is. Internet forums come cheap.

hush.

Ha! lol (Now that's funny...right there...i don't care who you are...that's funny right there...I tell ya')

Dearest Ciax,

No one is trying to force anything on anyone here dear one.  I see that you a very new to HP, WELCOME!!!  I will explain this one more time, the purpose of THIS forum is to simply request prayer for those who actually wish to pray.  This is not a forum to discuss the issues you are speaking of, and you are free to do so in a forum of your very own, and I am sure you will get many comments dear one.  Go in peace.  I love you, and better yet God loves you.  We all have been through many trials and tribulations in this lifetime and we will continue to go such trials until the end of our days on this planet. I will pray for you each and every single day of my life until my life ends here on this planet.   In His Love, Faith Reaper

1. Ciax profile image57

God said!

2. Ciax profile image57

Then we must pretend that we are trying to find a scientific solution of the problem. How noble!

No one said there was a solution.  Sometimes the only way to survive is to take evasive maneuvers.  Praying is childish nonsense.

1. Ciax profile image57

Says our hero the superman!

In other words you have no debating skills whatsoever, and prefer to be a troll, childishly harassing and insulting anyone with whom you disagree.

1. Ciax profile image57

The way you handled that praise, says a lot.

getitright, be quiet. you are getting it wrong.

Ok.  What if I told you that I had a magic horse shoe, and that if you touched it, you would be cured of cancer?  Would that appear to be sound to you?  That's how silly prayer is.  No difference...both are superstitious nonsense.

they are praying to God. the spirit that created all life... including Yours. God is a spirit of Love. try feel with your heart what is going on in this forum. Don't be argumentative. That is a boundary for you, for the sake of harmony and love Of all concerned and For all concerned.

Kathryn,

Yes, dear one, we are praying for all, even every single person who has commented here.  God is love ---divine love.  Thank you for your prayers for all concered.  Agape love to all here and to all affected by the storm.  God bless you.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

Speak for yourself.  Your 2000 year old book of childish fairy tales had absolutely nothing to do with creating me.  How offensive.  You are talking to the ceiling, that's all.

You are promoting fraud, and I'm just pointing it out, by stating the truth that:  PRAYERS DOES NOT WORK.  It's a way of pretending to help, while doing absolutely nothing..  The victims of this hurricane deserve more than that.

16. Faith Reaper profile image83

Please be mindful that the purpose of this forum is to request prayer for all affected by the devastion in the path of this storm.  Of course, there will be loss of life, devastation and hurting people when there is a disaster.  When our nation has had such disasters in the past, people pray and come out in droves and come together to help one another like never before. Here, in the south, we had devasting storms like none ever seen before just last year, and people came together in prayer and in action, as of course people were hurting and needed a helping hand, which I know will happen here.  We, the people of this great Nation, will come out and give a hand and help others like never seen before. Those who have lost loved ones or are hurting, need our continued prayers.  I will not be home until after 6:00 p.m. to comment any further, and I am not sure if this comment will even go through.  Once agin, please do not come on this prayer forum, if you do not wish to participate in prayer.  That is fine.  The purpose of this forum is to pray and especially now, continue to pray. Thank you so much, and please respect the purpose of this forum here.  God bless.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

Pray all you want if it helps you justify doing nothing, just leave God out of it.

you are such a meany.  Just go away.

In other words, let the insanity continue, and pretend as if prayer is actually doing something.  Why can't you just be satisfied by the fact that people came together in ACTION?  Action is what causes change.  Prayer does nothing.  But believers will still drive themselves to madness, doing a completely useless and absurd act.

you too.

Dearest getitrite,

I have explained the purposes of this forum three times now, and that is simply for those who wish to pray to pray.  It is not a forum for debate as to each of our beliefs, which we do have a choice to make as relates to this issue, but that issue is not what this forum is concerning.  If you wish to begin a forum on that issue, then please do so dear one.  I am sure you will get many comments.  I will pray for you each and every single day for the rest of my days here on this earth.  I love you, and better yet God loves you!  Go in peace.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

OK.  But please don't waste your time praying for me. That's very insulting, since  you have, obviously, read my views on prayer.   I know that it doesn't work.  There are studies that prove that.  So I respectfully ask that you not include me in this useless delusional activity.  Also, your tone is very condescending, but maybe that's just your style.
          Thank you
          Good bye

Go in peace dear one.  I have no tone or insults for anyone, as you have come onto this forum with such as you speak of, and once again this is not a forum on anyone's beliefs, and we are all free to believe how we so choose to believe, no one here is stating otherwise, but this is simply a plea for prayer for those needing prayer.  You are free to go and have a forum of your very own where you discuss these issues.  In His Love Always, Faith Reaper

17. teaches12345 profile image76
    teaches12345posted 11 years ago

My friends and family in the storm area are seeing some relief from the storm's wrath, but still without electricity.  They are making the best of the situation.  The post storm activities will include clean up and restoration, this is the time when they also will need to be covered in prayer.  Many times unforeseen dangers exist and cause further complications.  After hurricane Wilma in 2005, many people were injured (and worse I'm afraid) due to traffic lights out, flooded areas, looting and loss of shelter.  Praying for all and knowing that God will provide.

Hi teaches,

Yes, now, it is of the upmost importance that we all continue to cover your friends, family and all in prayer dear one.  Yes, God will provide.  And we will see many who will come out and lend a hand to their neighbors, as we always do pull together in a time of great disaster as Americans.  God bless you.  We pray for those families who have lost loved ones in this horrific storm.  Thank you for praying and for continuing to pray, especialy now in the aftermath of such devastation.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

FaithReaper,
        Just wanted to add to your list a hubber I follow, SuperMom_NY.
        Thanks for your great faith. Your encouragement is doing great wonders.

Thank you dearest wetnosedogs,

We will pray for SuperMOM_NY.  Thank you for your kind words here dear one.

God bless you.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

18. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 11 years ago

Giving blood is a good way to support people in catastrophes if can't donate time & money.

Barometric pressure bottomed at 27.76 inches during Sandy superstorm - a near record low. Standard at sea level is around 29.92 inches of mercury. This low PSI will make your joints hurt - an infinitesimal sample of having the bends and a hyperbaric chamber will relieve the pain.

Thanks ptosis,

Yes, giving blood is a good way to support people no doubt.  Thanks for the added information here.  We will know what to specifically pray.

God bless you.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

19. Lady_E profile image60
    Lady_Eposted 11 years ago

May God shield and protect everyone in that Vicinity.

Hi Lady E,

Amen!  Thank you for joining in praying, especially now, in the aftermath of this terrible storm.  We know that all we come together and lend each other a hand as we always do here when there is a disaster.  That is what makes us great, that we do show up and lend a hand and help out others in time of trouble by prayer and by actions.  God bless you dear one.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

He didn't, isn't that obvious? People died and all you believers can do is praise God. Disgusting behavior.

1. A Troubled Woman profile image56
        A Troubled Womanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Quite so! Doesn't it matter though that a jerk is alive to abuse others?

Dearest  "A Troubled Woman", 

You have been BANNED FROM HP.  God bless you.  I am sorry you have been abused, and I will pray for you each and every day for the rest of my life concerning this.  I love you, and better yet God does too.  We all have been through our own trials and tribulations in this life.  The purpose of this forum is simply to request prayer for those who wish to pray.   Go in peace.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

A Troubled Woman, you are BANNED FROM HP.  I have no idea to what you are referring, but I will pray for you if that is the reason you have come on this prayer forum, then as I said before, I will pray for you each and every single day until my last breath.  God bless.  Peace.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
            paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Talk to me. smile

Ya know what? Never mind. God bless.  Peace.  In His Love. Serious. You are a lot nicer than many people I've met. smile

20. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 11 years ago

i can't believe i didn't know about it until late last night...asleep at the wheel i guess....phoned ma mere this a.m. since it was moving north into Canada as well....calmed down though in her area

peace everyone.....

Hi SomewayOuttaHere,

I am glad "ma mere" area had calmed down.  Over the weekend, I had my two granddaughters up, so I had been totally clueless too, unltil I saw a comment about storm from another hubber on another hub, and I thought, oh my, I need to get busy praying for all, especially now too, in the aftermath of its devastation.  God bless.  In his Love, Faith Reaper

21. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 11 years ago

Many were blessed. This could have been so much worse in life loss. Yes our prayers are still needed and let's pray for the unbelievers too, for God's hour is near and there will be no more opportunity for those. The knock is at the door. It is a very exciting time and may our prayers go out for revival in the world to bring many in before that day comes. Death for believers is simply walking through one door into another. No damnation and no judgement, in this life or the next.
    Bless your prayer group Faith, and keep it strong in Christ.  Amen.

So, those who were not 'blessed' died? Do we praise God because more didn't die? How many must die before we stop praising God? How about the tsunami that killed hundreds of thousands a few years back or the one that devastated Japan?

So, you too are taking the pulpit in order to preach the gospel at the expense of those who died, lost their homes, etc.

Have you folks no shame at all?

1. A Troubled Woman profile image56
        A Troubled Womanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Rightly said, brother! There is no G_d, and if even if it exists, it is actually a satanic entity. Therefore we must now pray to the theory of relativity for protection.  lol

Get out of here both of you!

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRN3lXhMlu95tTiuricxigwn0YglnwgLABFFXJMVIo1SlSb1JmgMg

big_smile

Did you hear me?

No, it is hopeless... and I am just making it worse. I cannot get these insensitive ego-maniacs to leave. So I will politely bow out. God Speed, Faith Reaper, with your continued and undaunted prayers.

What is insensitive and egotistic are those who stand on soap boxes preaching the gospel at the expense of those who experienced loss. Why can't you see that?

Thank you so much dearest Kathryn, and I appreciate your prayers.  God bless.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

Dearest "A Troubled Woman,"  I see you have been BANNED here from HP.  I will pray for you and your counterpart "A Trouble Man" each and every day of my life, as it is evidenT you are a very troubled woman.  God bless you.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

1. Happyboomernurse profile image84
            Happyboomernurseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh my, Faith Reaper, your prayer and all the loving prayers of other hubbers who have been responding to it really touched my heart.
            The destruction in Sandy's wake, particularly in my neighboring state of NJ and in NYC, is terrible, and sadly some lives were lost, but there weren't  nearly as many deaths or injuries as could have occurred so I do believe prayers for protection have been helpful and thank you so much for leading this one.
            Up until a few hours before landfall, Sandy was looking like it was going to make a direct hit in my home state of DE, but we were spared the brunt of Sandy's force and our beaches, though flooded, did not experience the devastation that our poor neighbors have endured. I too, have been praying for everyone that was and still is being effected.
            May God watch over all of us as the many people and states that are affected go into recovery mode.

Dearest Happyboomernurse,

Praise God for your safety and letting us know you are safe!!!  Thank you for your constant prayers, as they are still needed now in this aftermath of Sandy no doubt.  Yes, I know that New Jersey was hit so hard and NYC, and that our fellow hubber, Joseph, Lord De Cross, is safe also.  Praise God!  We must continue to pray for those families who are suffering the loss of loved ones.  Yes, may God watch over all of us.  I know that when our country is struck by devastation, our neighbors, friends and all come out to lend a hand and pull together despite any differences and build each other up again.  God bless you dear one for this post.  I am praying continually.  In His Love Always, Faith Reaper

FaithReaper,
                Just wanted you to know that hubber tillsontitan who I believe is on your hubber prayer list just commented a while ago to another hubber I follow. So hopefully tillsontitan is doing o.k.
                You are doing a great work, FaithReaper. God is certainly watching over you and your family and all others. Thanks so much for putting this on the forum.

Was God watching over those who died? Shameful behavior.

1. cynthtggt profile image76
                    cynthtggtposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, He was bringing attention to the those ignoring the situation, which He often does, and in Revelations vows vengence on those who in their hearts (whose depth of darkness is so deep within that others cannot see it plainly on earth in the material world) will be faced with their own countenance face-to-face in the world to come.  The dark secrets of the heart always manifest as "guilt" and manifested guilt reveals itself in the hate you demonstrate here in this forum.  Those projections will manifest themselves as projections of the "self" reflected back in the world to come.  That is the hell.  Revelations is about the unconscious and the spilling of unconscious contents that were never faced in the life lived, like the feelings of hate or guilt we harbored towards others.  But I ask, if you do not believe in God and have the conviction in your heart of His non-existence, why would you even be moved to write on this forum?  That people live in the hope of something greater in this life and beyond, why does it perturb you?  Have confidence in your unbelief and demonstrate that courage of unbelief by leaving those you deem more lowly than yourself alone.  Why not?  Be a proud atheist and have the courage of your convictions.  It should not matter to you at all - if you have such a conviction - that others believe in something you do not.  Rather, your rude commenting demonstrates a hatred that reveals a "guilt" or some other manifestation.  Don't you agree?  I mean, if someone believes in a God that you regard as nothing more than a Santa Claus, so what?

Thanks wetnosedogs for letting me know.  Amen.  God bless you.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

Obviously, those prayers were not helpful for those who died or for the losses due to destruction. By stating prayers for protection have been helpful, you insult in the worst possible way those who died and their grieving families and friends. Absolutely shameful to say such things, have some respect.

Dearest "A Troubled Man" you have been on HP for 15 months and have not published one hub.  It is evident of what your purpose of being here is on HP.  God bless you, as do seem to be a very troubled man.  Once again, this is a prayer forum for those who desire to pray.  This would be a great time for you to write a hub of your own on what it is you want to say or have a forum of your own, since you have not published one thing here in 15 months. I am sure you would receive many comments on your own forum or hub.  I will pray for you each and every single day until my last breath on this earth. This is not a forum to discuss each others' beliefs, but simply a plea for prayer for those who really desire to pray.   Go in peace dear one.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

A worthy post as to first noted sentence.  As to second noted sentence, I am positively amazed that there are people out there that think that wishing for something will actually make that something happen. Ya got to go out there and make it happen; simple as that. This is reality; not fantasy land.

Anyway... I shall try to not post here again...

No one is wishing for anything here paradigmsearch.  Peace.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

2. CrisSp profile image72
                CrisSpposted 11 years agoin reply to this

ATM, what is your definition of the word "respect"?

22. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

"Prayer for all in the path of Hurricane Sandy (a rare hybrid storm) ..."

Wouldn't donating $5 to the Red Cross accomplish more...?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1

This is a forum for those who really desire to pray.  If you desire to have a forum to discuss another issue, please do so.  I am sure we and many more are giving whatever they are able in addition to prayer, as always when there is a terrible diaster.  This country does come together and we all get out and lend a hand to one another in time of great need.  We have been through terrible storms down here and we have all united in prayer and in giving and action to help one another.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

23. profile image0
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 11 years ago

Faith you are wonderful putting this in. I have been praying and I have been following through as this awful storm devastated my hometown NYC and my playground Atlantic City. I have been worried about everyone and had a hard time reaching all my friends. Now I just hope that everyone is alright and hasn't suffered too much damage. I have fallen so far behind because of all of this but that doesn't matter what matters is that everyone is alive and well. I still pray this week and I'm looking on FB to be sure everyone is accounted for. Hope you weathered the storm alright. Sending you lots of love and hugs and still praying.

Dearest Gypsy, I know you have been praying and we all have, and this was not even necessary really, as those who pray, do pray.  I have been praying without ceasing dear one.  I know the Joseph, Lord De Cross, is safe and some other friends here on HP.   I live in southern USA, so we are fine here, but I remember all too well last year when the supercell tornadoes came and caused total devastation here,wiping out whoel neighbors, cities and towns, but we all prayed and all came out to lend a hand to all those who were suffering.  That is how this country does in time of disasters, no matter what our differences, we do come together and unite and help our neighbors like never before.  I know we will all continue to pray for all.  I wll pray for you too dear one, for peace, His peace, that surpasses all understandingwill  just rain down on you, as we lay it all down at His feet.  Lots of love to you too dear one.  God bless you. I have fallen way behind and haven't been able to write anything or hardly do anything as my heart has been so heavy with all of this and just been praying too.  As it is the weekend again, I will try to write something.  Your poem was so beautifully written as always.  Love and lots of HUGS your way.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

24. Sulabha profile image76
    Sulabhaposted 11 years ago

My family & I pray for the safety of all. In India, we are seeing it all on channels & its frightful. We sincerely hope things come under control fast.

Thank you so much Sulabha for praying, as I am sure all everywhere who pray are praying without ceasing.  God bless.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

25. Faith Reaper profile image83

If you wish to donate or provide help to those who are suffering:

The following are some agencies: 

CARE http:www.care.org;

Brethen Disaster Ministries http://www.brethen.org;

National Emergency Response Team http://www.nert-usa.org

These are just a few, but you may go to the Top 10 Disaster Relief Agencies via the Internest for a complete listing.  All of these mentioned above do help in the aftermath of such storms.

Thank you so much and God bless.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

Now, that's more like it, Faith Reaper. Well done. That is the kind of message we need to get out there. Kudos.

And many of the these agencies are "religious" based.  Troubled man, now you see the light!

Yes, I know, they have ulterior motives to convert the people they help, however the point is that they are helping others rather than just coming onto forums preaching the gospel and insulting the dead. You'll also notice the Red Cross is one of the agencies and they are not religious based.

Aren't you just sooooo good.

Hi cynthtggt,

I'm just getting in some another long day.

Thank you for your comments dear one.  God bless you.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

2. Ciax profile image57

Sorry to see that it was a Christian who has made the first effort. The atheist went on and on saying (and antagonizing) how meaningless it all was that some people prayed for the wellness of others.

An atheist has nothing practical to offer, except offence. It's the spiritual people who have the courage to come forward to make the first move.

Actually, it was the Red Cross who made the first move. It was believers here who capitalized on the misfortune of others to preach the gospel.

1. Ciax profile image57

"It was believers here who capitalized on the misfortune of others to preach the gospel."

Well, surely they did. And then they called for donations for the victims of the storm. What did you do, on the other hand?

Red Cross is one of the many organizations who have come forward for relief. It's a simultaneous move to help others. Religious organizations (like the one that Faith Reaper linked) are always willing to help victims.

26. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

I just thought I'd amble by and make peace.

Most believers are good, kind, decent people.

Most non-believers are good, kind, decent people.

For me, that's all that really matters. smile

Thank you dear one for the lovely comment.  I agree, most are . . . Peace. 

27. Faith Reaper profile image83

I want to thank each and everyone who commented here.  I now have to get busy writing a hub or two. 

Peace to all here.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

28. Faith Reaper profile image83

Additional ministries to help with the victims of the storms:

www.billygraham.org

www.samaritanspurse.org

God bless.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

Peace to all.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Some more ways to help are here:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat … e-victims/
      https://www.nyc.gov/html/fund/html/donate/donate.shtml
      http://www.redcross.org/
      http://foundationbeyondbelief.org/crisis

No religion though - sorry. Can't say I am empowered to speak for any Invisible Super Beings unfortunately so it is just me.

Pax.

Thanks for the resources you have listed dear one.  In His Love, Faith Reaper 

No religion for me either, as I am a Christian.   Peace!

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
          Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Christianity and speaking on behalf of an Invisible Super Being is not a religion now?

Weird.

29. Mark Johann profile image59
    Mark Johannposted 11 years ago

My fervent prayer to the victims and their families. May the good Lord Jesus Christ show mercy and graces towards them.

Thank you Mark for your fervent prayer.  God bless you. 

Another great ministry to help is:

www.joycemeyer.org Hands of Hope -  Their goal is simply to help as many hurting people as possible, to alleviate human suffering.

30. Faith Reaper profile image83

Thanks Sueswan, cynthtggt and all who have commented here, and for continuing to pray.  God bless you all.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)