Whoopee I finally made $2.00

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Eileen Hughes profile image62
    Eileen Hughesposted 16 years ago

I am definitely a slow worker, I have finally made $2.00 today on hub pages.

So now I have to work harder and improve my articles. Thats for sure.

1. prems4u profile image58
      prems4uposted 16 years agoin reply to this

i get only .5$ and only advantage is i get  traffic up to 1000 which help my ctr

2. The Indexer profile image81
    The Indexerposted 16 years ago

Do you mean that you made $2.00 in a single day? Or have you made that in total? If the former, I find that absolutely amazing! I am rejoicing over yesterday's triumph at amassing a whole three cents, following a gap of about five days with nothing at all.

My total since I joined has not yet reached $12.50 after nearly three months (81 hubs in total), and I wonder if my experience or yours is the more typical?

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
      Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I was earning about the same for the first few months, but then it gradually picked up.  The gradual pick up continued to steadily grow.

I try not to be super promotional with my hubs (but have on occasion, particularly with some flagship hubs or during the hublove contest), but still get a google check every month now.  Keep creating quality content, and your earnings will get better.

3. Eileen Hughes profile image62

You have excelled  mine is Total of $2.00 in hub pages and taken me 5 months to get that far for all my hubs.

4. About-The-Home profile image59
    About-The-Homeposted 16 years ago

I don't like to brag but I've made $6.80 from adsense on hub pages.
    I must have hit on some really good niches!!!

5. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 16 years ago

I've been tracking google ads on my hubs since October and find about half the days are complete non-earners. My best single day produced $3.50, but my total from hubpages is still just under $25. On the other hand, I've not tried any of the promotional techniques talked about here. And at least half of my hubs are literally just for fun and will never pull a crowd. All I do is write them, not very prolifically, and group them (which seems to help quite a lot), then hope for the best smile

6. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

Congrats. Keep at it. The more unique and compelling your hubs, the more traffic, the more clicks, the more money. I don't remember what my adsense was like within my first 5 months, but it took 2 or 3 months to really get cooking. I'm loving what I'm making now; granted it's not enough to live on, but it's enough to put a smile on my face. :-)

1. topstuff profile image59
      topstuffposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Im seriously looking forward to listening from you if you could give some good advices to newbies and share some more experiences.Would you mind telling your todays earning with adsense.I hope it would be encouraging.Thanks

7. Eileen Hughes profile image62

A smile is what we need most of all but I still would love some icing to go on top.
    have a great day everyone

8. elisabeth reid profile image65
    elisabeth reidposted 16 years ago

I'll reach the lofty 2.00 level sooner or later.  Hopefully sooner, but....

big_smile

9. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 16 years ago

I agree with Whitney.   In my first three months, earnings were very slow, but since Christmas things have really picked up for me.   I just checked my earnings to find I've broken the $50 barrier!

In the last month or so I've hardly written anything new, but I have spent time going over all my Hubs and improving them.  Eileen, maybe you should do the same?   Concentrate especially on the ones with low Hub scores.   

I had a look at a few of your Hubs and noticed a couple of things.  Mind you, I am no expert!  One is that some of your Hubs are quite short - maybe you could beef those up a bit, or combine them together if they're on similar subjects.  The other is that some of your Hubs are just too darn helpful - there are lots of links, which invite your readers to go off to some other site instead of clicking on your ads.  I find I'm doing much better since I cut down on the number of outside links I give. 

I also suggest you play around with capsules a bit more.  Make your Amazon capsule half-width and put in beside your article, not beneath it.  Make some of your pictures half-width, or move them down the page, so the first thing the reader sees is the first line or two of your article instead of just a picture - it may "grab" them better.

Have a look at your statistics. Which of your Hubs is getting the most traffic?   Write some more Hubs on that subject. 

Finally, I wonder if someone can advise whether writing your Hubs in italics makes any difference?  I notice a lot of yours are in italics - is that accident or design?

10. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 16 years ago

Oh, and I forgot to say - I know you're doing a bit of promotion, but is it in the right place?

It's nice to post comments on other Hubbers' Hubs but fellow Hubbers aren't going to click on your ads.   You need to attract traffic from outside HubPages.  For instance, how about finding a forum about keeping birds, becoming a member and once you get to know people a bit, start mentioning your Hubs?

11. Eileen Hughes profile image62

Thanks Everyone for your help.

Marissa Yes I just went in last week and added more videos and links so maybe I should take some links out.  And no I didnt deliberately do them in Intalics. Must check that out

Will take all of this on board and keep trying at it.  Thanks again everyone.

12. profile image0
    jooles01posted 16 years ago

These posts have been most illuminating for a newbie like myself.  I did wonder whether the 'buried' hubs would still be found by the search engines and I know I need to pay more attention to positioning of the Amazon capsule and I need to add pictures etc.

Hey, I'm quite inspired now.  Just to think that if we stick at this for the next 10 or 20 years we could maybe have a decent income for retirement.  As the pensions are not doing much here in the UK that could make a massive difference to me in the future.  i know the Internet is forever evolving too - I'll just have to keep learning.

Thanks for the information.

13. rmr profile image67
    rmrposted 15 years ago

I can only aspire to reach the $2.00 mark. In my first three months on hubpages I have amassed the vast fortune of 63 cents! Good thing I'm here to learn rather than make money! Keep up the good work.

14. topstuff profile image59
    topstuffposted 15 years ago

It shows all the new hubbers are going more or less at the same speed.I was just thinking i'm very slow but having looked at others i suppose its the same with others.I checked today my total earning 3.37$ with adsense and was approved for adsense two weeks later after joining hubpages.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)