Where does someone like me, with psychic ability, fit into Christianity? Do you

Jump to Last Post 251-257 of 257 discussions (593 posts)
  1. alex writers profile image51
    alex writersposted 7 years ago

I do not believe people can actually see the dead. Man cannot see God, while God is a Spirit, when people also die they also turn to spirits.
    Though, if you could see the dead, maybe call on the dead like maybe King Saul was called for Samuel, and maybe helping your gift with it I wouldn't term it as wrong as long as you do not  cause harm with such a Gift.
    Since, to me evil is not about being satanic or unholy, evil is all about causing harm to others. That's what makes you wicked, to me.

2. profile image0
    snapcracklepopposted 7 years ago

Your ability to "see dead people" is not from God. As a matter of fact, being psychic and using that "uncanny power", is condemned by the Bible and  God at Deuteronomy 18:10-13....You seem to sincerely mean well with this "gift", but you are putting yourself in grave danger because it is wicked demonic forces that are really giving you your power and ability to make it appear as if you are seeing and contacting the dead. In reality these wicked demonic forces pretend to be persons who have died when in reality they are not.

The Bible at Ecclesiastes 9:5,6 and verse 10 gives the true condition of our dead loved ones and friends.....Please read those verses when you can. Or either if you like I can type those verses out for you if you don't own a Bible. Also, if you love God you will investigate deeper concerning this frightening power you have.....Demonic harassment and possession of your body could cause problems for you, your family and others who seek out your services.
    I am not trying to scare you, but you need to know this so that you can protect yourself from demonic attack. Praying and calling on the name of God, which is Jehovah can give you protection (Psalms 18:10)

1. profile image0
      snapcracklepopposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You are probably not an evil person. You are however, being mislead into thinking that your "gift" is from God, when in reality it is not from God, but from the demons.

3. Reluctant Revival profile image56
    Reluctant Revivalposted 7 years ago

I don't think you are evil. I think that once you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, The Holy Spirit will kick out the demons in you. Once the demons are out of you, you will be fine as long as you keep strong in the faith.

4. India-Nepal profile image60
    India-Nepalposted 7 years ago

According to the Bible, any involvement in the occult is one of the most serious sins that must be renounced, one by one (I mean all - palmistry, I Ching, yoga, etc.) and vowed to never be practiced again.

I also had psychic abilities. They come because someone in your past generations was a witch or working towards having those occult powers. So they eventually manifested in your generation.

They might be used by God, as Satan cannot create anything new -it can only exploit and pervert. So it's possible that these abilities can be used by God. But as long as you're involved in any occult practice, they will be used by Satan.

I too thought that there's nothing wrong in believing in Jesus and being into Tarot cards and Hindu astrology at the same time. Yet when the final 'crowning' of my 'spiritual' practice took place due to my intense practice of yoga and meditation (I even moved to India to do it) - the opening of the crown chakra, I realized that I've been fooled by Satan.

I understood that I was working not for my enlightenment, but I was simply becoming more opened for demons to take me. And when the 'flowering' of the practice takes place and the crown chakra opens, demons can directly possess you.

Thanks God for Jesus. I accepted him as my savior even before this development, so I was protected from full demon possession. But many energies entered me as a result of this opening and even prior to it (as you give them permission to enter you whenever you practice anything to do with the occult - be it Ouija boards, martial arts, acupuncture, etc.).
    So I expelled them in the name of Jesus, but there are some strong one(s) remaining which I strongly suspect is the kundalini snake since I've dreamt it's in me.So I'm hoping that tomorrow the church that I was invited to will be able to do something about it as it's unpleasant to feel energies inside my being.

At first, when you're still into all the occult, those energies might feel very pleasant, may give you excellent health and glow, and might even protect you. That's why you see snakes around Hindu 'holy' people - these people are their hosts, so of course these non-physical demons will protect their houses!

But as soon as you renounce them, they will want to kill you! They will cause so much discomfort that some people are driven to suicide. Since I've expelled a lot of them from me in the name of Jesus, only a few remain. Nevertheless, I'd rather have none inhabiting me.

5. Tricia Ward profile image82
    Tricia Wardposted 6 years ago

Evil is a strong word isn't it? I would say that as a Christian I wholeheartedly believe in a supernatural spiritual realm that is unseen to most people.
    I take part in an event called Light and Life. It started by going to physic fayres. The difference would be that the team would ask the Holy spirit for wisdom.

I don't think you would argue that their are good and bad spirits. I also don't think you would disagree that bad spirits may be deceptive.

Someone once described it like radio waves. Even when the radio is off the radio waves exist. There are hundreds of channels out there, not all of them are good... and it is possible to tune into the wrong channel. Even if you are a fraction out in tuning you may find a different message than the one that was originally intended.

I would say if you don't need the cards don't use them.

If you know Christ, then what you have is a prophetic gift. Seek out organisations or people to help you grow and develop. If used correctly it can be a blessing. If misused it could lead you and others down a wrong path. The degree or two out can make all the difference if you remain on the wrong trajectory.
    Does that make sense?

6. profile image48
    Phynewhisperposted 6 years ago

Can u tell me about my future.or how do your abilities work.

7. Deborah Minter profile image92
    Deborah Minterposted 6 years ago

I don't see why you can't be a christian, If that's what you want.... Being psychic is not that much different then being able to see or hear. The ability doesn't dictate someone's chosen religion.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)