Where does someone like me, with psychic ability, fit into Christianity? Do you

Jump to Last Post 201-250 of 257 discussions (593 posts)
  1. VirginiaLawton profile image59
    VirginiaLawtonposted 9 years ago

Jesus was Psychic and always knew ahead of time.  I am a Christian and a psychic medium. Spirits speak thought me.  See my story Life After Death  Does it Exist  http://wp.me/p4LXFo-l    via @wordpressdotcom on my twitter page https://twitter.com/WilsonLawton 
    God Bless You  Virginia Lawton

1. profile image0
      Ninjinkaposted 9 years agoin reply to this
    2. profile image55
      B The Greatposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The real so called Jesus was not a Psychic!  Why would the person who made everything need to psychic?  If you write a book don't you already know everything in it?  Read John 1:1 PLEASE!!!!

2. CThomas64 profile image60
    CThomas64posted 9 years ago

Jesus said in Mark 7:15 "Nothing outside a man can make him 'unclean' by going into him.Rather it's what comes out of a man that makes him 'unclean'. I was just reading in the Bible just the other day about a girl who was doing the same thing and was folowing two of the disciples around for three days announcing to everyone why they were there and what they were going to do. One of the disciples turned to the girl in frustration and said to the demon inside her "In the name of Jesus Christ, I command you to come out of her"! The demon left her, but the two disciples were run out of town because she had been a source of income for some people in the town as a result of her 'talent'. I have also read that Jesus does not condone 'seers' which is what you are doing with these cards and this psychic ability. It needs to come out. If you could read the New Testament of the Bible, it will help you understand more clearly your situation. God does not bless anyone with the 'ability' to talk to dead people.

Testam

3. profile image0
    Ninjinkaposted 9 years ago

I'm sorry, but I believe the bible is very clear on this subject. Please take a moment to read these verses and then pray about them:http://www.openbible.info/topics/fortune_tellers_and_psychics

4. Melissa lisa profile image53
    Melissa lisaposted 9 years ago

Being a believer is nothing. If you dont really submit yourself to Jesus and recieve him completely, you will never change and you will remain the same. Anything with guessing, the ocult is bad. You ladies make it look good, but with in reality it is not. Pyshic abilities are caused by bad spirits. How i know because the Apostal Paul confronted one.
    Acts: 16-18
    16 Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a female slave who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling. 17 She followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved.” 18 She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so annoyed that he turned around and said to the spirit, “In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!” At that moment the spirit left her.

When a person dies we either go to heaven or hell. heaven is when we accept Jesus and live as he did, which we need to pray all the time to be strong.
    Eve when commited sin, the earth was given to satan and his demons, the only thing pyshics are doing are hearing there lies, demons will imitate anyone to make you fall and believe. This is why they are disgusting liers and we should reprehend them and not call them in our lifes. You are not helping no one by doing this, you are really making it worse, by inviting them into the persons home or in there bodies or even worse into yours.
    Anything with guessing is bad. God does not allow it, becuase our trust is in him and in our prayers and faith. Jesus knows that the devil is a lier and he make everyone turn away from Jesus and fall in a pit of darkness. I had the ability before meeting Christ and it was hard to get rid of it. I could see black shadows, hear voices, etc. But they got violent when i was accwpting Jesus. Then i finally realized they were demons, because i yelled once in the blood of Jesus and they would go away. It got worse and worse until finally i baptized in water and it all stopped. But i have seen spiirts come out of tv screens, music and people practicing mytical things. These are all demons. Sorry its bad and very dangerous, its not a gift. You are only playing with demons and putting peoples lifes in danger. Jesus never let anything like that get near him, because they were all evil and only caused problems for the living and they are all dark liers who only hate and destroy.

5. Lady Guinevere profile image67
    Lady Guinevereposted 9 years ago

I thought that I already answered this one but could not find my name or post.  Anyway you do fit into anything that you are called to fit into.  I see there are many religious ilk posting here to make you feel like you are evil.  In fact there are scriptures in that very Bible that the church does not teach or proclaim all that much is rarely ever.  The first two are: Luke 17:21
    20 And having been questioned by the Pharisees, when the reign of God doth come, he answered them, and said, `The reign of God doth not come with observation;
    21 nor shall they say, Lo, here; or lo, there; for lo, the reign of God is within you.'
    Oh and I already hear them saying that is because Jesus was talking about so and so.  BS.  Here is scripture that explains everything:
    1 Corinthians 12
    And concerning the spiritual things, brethren, I do not wish you to be ignorant;
    2 ye have known that ye were nations, unto the dumb idols -- as ye were led -- being carried away;
    3 wherefore, I give you to understand that no one, in the Spirit of God speaking, saith Jesus [is] anathema, and no one is able to say Jesus [is] Lord, except in the Holy Spirit.
    4 And there are diversities of gifts, and the same Spirit;
    5 and there are diversities of ministrations, and the same Lord;
    6 and there are diversities of workings, and it is the same God -- who is working the all in all.
    7 And to each hath been given the manifestation of the Spirit for profit;
    8 for to one through the Spirit hath been given a word of wisdom, and to another a word of knowledge, according to the same Spirit;
    9 and to another faith in the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healings in the same Spirit;
    10 and to another in-workings of mighty deeds; and to another prophecy; and to another discernings of spirits; and to another [divers] kinds of tongues; and to another interpretation of tongues:
    11 and all these doth work the one and the same Spirit, dividing to each severally as he intendeth.
    12 For, even as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of the one body, being many, are one body, so also [is] the Christ,
    13 for also in one Spirit we all to one body were baptized, whether Jews or Greeks, whether servants or freemen, and all into one Spirit were made to drink,
    14 for also the body is not one member, but many;

1. profile image55

Doesn't even matter because she's not an Israelite only they can SIN and be forgiven.  MATH 1:21 - And she (Mary) shall bring for a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save HIS people from THEIR sins.  His people are Israelites.

2. tlmcgaa70 profile image61
      tlmcgaa70posted 9 years agoin reply to this

HIS people are any who call on HIM, believing HE is the Son of GOD and their saviour. HE will graft them into the vine, and cut out any (Israelite or not) who reject HIM. read the KJV Holy Bible, both old and new testaments.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image67
      Lady Guinevereposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Do not rely on the KJV version becaue he manipulated that book.  Read the YLT

6. MelanieKaren profile image65
    MelanieKarenposted 9 years ago

I just stumbled across this question, as I am new to hubpages. I haven't read through the other answers.  I simply don't have time at the moment.  I could write a book to answer your question easily.  I'll try to keep it short here. 

I believe when you say "Christian," you may be referring more to either the Catholic church or other strict denominations that teach and believe that psychic ability and divination are wrong.  However, keep in mind that many of the earliest Christians believed in topics in metaphysics and also practiced divination (including Christ). 

Tarot's history is not as ancient as most think.  Tarot cards were only developed in Europe (Rome, Italy most likely) during the 14th century BY CHRISTIANS.  It is why you see the Christian symbolism so much throughout.  I wrote a review on a book I have called Tarot Spells.  I'd leave the link, but that might be considered SPAM here.  You could look it up by its title. It's a beautiful positive book that may be applied to all Faiths. In short, you can be psychic, practice tarot and be christian all at the same time smile

1. profile image55

WRONG!  I challenge you to find a scripture that says Tarot Cards are acceptable to God.  Or one that says that Bunnies lay eggs!!!  IMPOSSIBLE.

2. MelanieKaren profile image65
      MelanieKarenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Please don't say that others or myself are wrong.  You are exercising your opinion.  Man-made religion and Faith are two very different things.  I am not judging you.  Perhaps you could start by looking into the history of how the Bible was written.

3. profile image57
      firework23posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Not to be a stick in the mud Melanie but using history as proof doesn't say much to me because it is consistently 'interpreted' while important things are left out (focused on the dominant society). My personal experience with death backs the Bible.

7. AntjuanDavis profile image61
    AntjuanDavisposted 9 years ago

Very interesting question. You cant read the future. Things like that can only be revealed by the father. Tarot cards or anything else would not just be a lie but probably borderline witchcraft.

1. profile image55

Very true.  For her sake I hope she gives up the tarot cards and other witchcraft.

8. MarleneB profile image92
    MarleneBposted 9 years ago

No. I don't think you are evil just because you have a gift that is given to you by God. I read in the Bible somewhere that we should not seek people with your talent. I think that's because God wants us to depend on Him for answers and not other humans. I think it is a matter of how you use your talent - whether you use it for good... or evil. It's a matter of being responsible with what you have been given. I hear some Christians say that people who are psychic don't have the right to say they are Christian. I'm not all-knowing, but I certainly don't know how they come to that conclusion. If God gave the talent to you, then only God can take it away. At the end of the day, God gave the talent to you for a reason. It is between you and God how you use that talent.

1. glynch1 profile image67
      glynch1posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think you ought not to assume that her "gift" is from God; that has not been established. In fact, Scripture specifically forbids the "gift" she professes to have.

9. EtherInfomat profile image58
    EtherInfomatposted 9 years ago

I recommend a therapist, a psychiatrist and some meds. You wont have any of that. Plus, being evil is seen by what you do not what you are. Do you act evil because if you don't your not evil. Crazy but not evil.

1. profile image55

The scripture say that "the wicked go astray from the womb speaking lies."  Google it!

10. profile image52
    staciaonthewebposted 9 years ago

No, i believe god has reason for everything and everyone also think most people dont believe in what they cant actually see for themselves. I believe in psychic abilities u are more in tunewith your instincsand beyond there are probably more people with sometype of sixsense (i use sixsense for all psychic type ) whether thats correct or not sure, i defiantly dont know alot about pschyicablities but i do believe people have it and do not think because someone can see dead people or read tarotcards are not evil and u can say your a christian a christian someone faith in god and a good compassionate person it sounds like u are care for others in the world.

11. Glenda Motsavage profile image69
    Glenda Motsavageposted 9 years ago

It all depends how you channel that gifting, Dr. Marie.  In Christianity, the ability to foresee the future is one of the revelatory gifts called prophecy.  It is indeed God-given and He desires for you to use it to advance His Kingdom on this earth.  On the other hand... the bible speaks volumes about witchcraft and psychic activity.  Great question!

1. profile image55

Only Israelites can be prophets.  There were no prophets in the Bible who were not from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and they were all men.  And women are not allowed to teach in the church according to the scriptures.

2. Glenda Motsavage profile image69
      Glenda Motsavageposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The gifts of God are given without regard to race, age or gender.  If women were not anointed and appointed by God, we wouldn't have examples like Miriam the Prophetess, Deborah the Prophetess and Judge, etc.
      (Gal.3:28) God is no respecter of persons

3. profile image55

Christ only died for the children of Israel.  The Bible speaks of ISRAEL over from Deut. to Rev. God told Moses that the children of Israel will be scattered to the 4 corners.  All 12 tribes are alive today and are AWAKENING & gathering as we spe

12. Amy Choisser profile image59
    Amy Choisserposted 9 years ago

Sounds like you are an empath. It definitely fits into God's giftings under decernment, prophesy, gift of dreams etc. As long as you are not using it for the other side....mediums, seers, recieve financial gain or summon up evil. Look up empaths check out the happy senstive website.

1. profile image55

She's reading tarot cards i'm sure that falls up under witch craft!

13. JasminRace profile image58
    JasminRaceposted 9 years ago

God does not judge, as long as you aren't using your gifts for selfish gain and messing with peoples futures then what is the harm. If you help people find comfort and give people hope then you are doing a kind thing. God created you, so god gave you this gift for a reason. Keep going and don't worry he loves you smile

1. profile image55

God does judge!  You do know that there is a book in the Bible called "Judges" right?!!?!  God said he made one vessel (person) for honor (i.e. good) and one Vessel (person) for dishonor (i.e. evil).  You can Google bible for clarification.

14. profile image55
    B The Greatposted 9 years ago

To be christian would mean to be a follower of Christ.  Christ said "If you love me keep my commandments!"  If you are not keeping the commandments you are not a christian.  And also if the God and Jesus you believe in are not Black then you actually believe in the devil because according to Revelations chpt. 1:13-15 Christ had hair of wool and bronze skin as if burned in a furnace.  And God according to Daniel's 7:9 had hair like the pure wool.  And Christ said if you have seen me you have seen the father.   One of the commandments says bad things about a witch which is not good if you continue reading tarot cards and those dead people you see are demons.  The bible says all spirits return to the father when you die so...........?!?!?!

1. profile image53
      lowellsmalleyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

why don't you read these passages correctly.... his hair was WHITE like wool or snow, not saying 'curly' his FEET were like bronze... mine are too after wearing my sandals all summer !!!  Typical how people interperate to their own want

15. blakewhite4012 profile image57
    blakewhite4012posted 9 years ago

Two verses Leviticus 19:31 and Isiah 8:19 and they both say the same thing You should not consult the dead or seek mediums, seek God instead. If you have this power or ability doesn't mean that it came from God. All good things come from God but what you are saying that you have is not from God. He wouldn't give you the power to see dead people or talk to dead people and then tell you not to use it. What we do know is that 1) this is a dark but true power and 2) God's Holy Word tells us we shouldn't speak to the dead nor seek mediums. I am not saying you are an evil person because Satan has given all of us sin to battle. Your sin is speaking to the dead my sin is something entirely different. Yet, you, me, and everyone else who considers ourselves followers of the Christ are to be like Jesus and therefore we are in need of repenting. Not just confessing with our mouths but we are to turn away from sin. I hope this helps you and I pray you do not consider staying your course. The bible speaks of this as sorcery, witchcraft it's not a gift of God and it's not the Holy Spirit.

16. profile image55
    wordswritten2014posted 9 years ago

Your an Angel with faith of god. Your helping souls. Do not get caught going towards the evilness. :.)

17. MsVirgok profile image60
    MsVirgokposted 9 years ago

Wow! I can totally identify with this issue/statement. Although I am not psychic per say (but my sister is a clairvoyant) and I am an Astrologer in training, Tarot Cards, etc. I am also a true believer in God, Chirst and the Holy Spirit. So I find this very interesting because I too wonder the same thing.

18. kalabenfield profile image61
    kalabenfieldposted 9 years ago

Not everyone can do those types of things. Me being 17, i am able to do those things as in medium spirits and apparitions and things of that sort. i am a firm believer that you wouldn't have those abilities if God did not will you to be able to do those types of things. I am a christian, and i devote my life to God in anyway i can, but i also make time to do the things that God has blessed me the things that he has gifted me in. such as writing and photography and being able to medium and help along spirits. But, i dont know if this is true or not. The spirits tat you hear and see are from hell. Trying to manifest itself into being your friend when really their trying to bring you down, which is why you see and hear such negative energy, because i feel it too. But use Gods way and wisdom to guide you through those experiences and then you will fully understand why you have those abilities.

I really hope this helped <3

1. tlmcgaa70 profile image61

do you really believe that GOD would call talking to the dead an abomination, only to turn around and "gift" someone with the ability to do just that? quit trying to justify your disobedience to GOD. denial will not save you.

2. kalabenfield profile image61
      kalabenfieldposted 9 years agoin reply to this

fuck off. dont be negative.

3. tlmcgaa70 profile image61

that is not being negative, it is being truthful and biblical. trying to justify sin and call yourself Christian, just wont work. GOD told us what is acceptable and what is not. deny HIS laws and you deny HIM.

19. cer1056 profile image44
    cer1056posted 9 years ago

The Bible says you need to test the spirits.

There are four tests of the antichrist spirit:
    1) the Father and the Son
    2) that Jesus is the Son
    3) That Jesus is the Christ; Christ meaning the anointed one of God
           1.  The Christ Spirit is the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit
    4) That Jesus Christ came in the flesh

The four (4) tests may be incorporated into one question.

Ask the spirit to tell you that : Jesus Christ, the Son of God, came in the Flesh.

If the spirit answers anything but in a positve tone - something like good and faithful servant, then the spirit is not of God.

Many (evil) spirits will try to fool (deceive) you!

If you don't test them - you are asking to be deceived no matter how foolish or stupid you may feel asking them,

20. profile image51
    DH1971posted 9 years ago

No it is absolutely not a God given ability ., talking to dead ppl and reading tarot cards and other things are of Satan . It's all sorcery and JESUS plainly tells us that in the word of God . Jesus however gives ppl a gift called a  prophet which has the ability to see what is going to happen far as future things, ect . And you are not a Christian if u only believe. That is wrong also. You have to be born again and saved to go to heaven there is no such thing as only believing and getting sprinkled with water or even praying to Mary . Or going into a Catholic Church talking to a man asking him to forgive u and calling him father. You only talk to the real father , the only father , the Heavenly Father which is God . Not a man . I'm not knocking any religion , but I'm simply stating that Mary has no significance at all. When Jesus was dying on the cross he called Mary woman and said woman don't weep for me. He never called her mother. Yes she had him and was chosen but it was a spiritual birth only . My dear as I said I'm being honest is all and I care about u . And satan comes as a angel of light . Satan uses ppl to do everything he can so u will loose your soul and go to hell.. Please do not go down your path , it is not from God only satan . Do not listen to ppl telling u this is fine because it is not fine . Read the KJV bible or the amplified bible in it u will find the truth . I pray dear that u do . God loves u and so do I .

1. elenagarcia profile image65
      elenagarciaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

you need to check your info before you speak it as fact

2. tlmcgaa70 profile image61

elenagarcia, everything DH1971 says is truth. any who claim speaking to the dead is GOD given is lying or deluded. GOD says stone them, so it isnt given by HIM. as for prophets, if they arent 100% accurate, their gift is also not of HIM.

21. profile image53
    George Timothyposted 9 years ago

You will be judged, for better or worse, by your works. If they are good works, then you'll know that you're legitimate. Good, in this context,  means that your advice will change peoples lives for the better or common good.

22. Valorie Esquilona profile image60
    Valorie Esquilonaposted 9 years ago

of course you are not evil unless you do some sort of witchcraft, black magic or something.  there is nothing wrong with having psychic abilities as a matter of fact, you are gifted!  you have a gift from God so don't ever think that you are evil.  there are so many people out there who represent the true meaning of evil.

23. profile image53
    notprintposted 9 years ago

I always had the impression that someone that truly had an ability like this was considered to be a prophet. The ability to connect and communicate with another generation through communication with the dead and the ability to see the future all sound like the same abilities of some biblical people we have learned about through the years in both history classes and sunday school. Please do not let labels be placed upon you. People are more reluctant in today's world to accept modern prophets because we are so set on the belief that the days of lore and communication with other worldly beings is gone. I wish you the best of luck and do not think that these gifts make you not a Christian. I think it makes you closer to the "people" and entities that truly matter most.

24. profile image53
    Leigh Wellsposted 9 years ago

We are all made in God's image, that is what we are taught and we are also taught that God knew us when we were in our mothers womb THEN  GOD knew your  Gifts. You are child of the True and Only God.  I believe God loves the believer and if you believe that Jesus was born, died and was resurrected for our sins then you are alright with me.

Just because we are all made in God's image does not mean that all of us are therefore children of the true and only God. Jesus died for our sins, but was not raised for our sins. You need to be more careful with your use of Scripture.

25. profile image53
    lowellsmalleyposted 9 years ago

I believe the prophets of the Bible were 'psychic'. If not, what were they?

If God is behind it, it is fine. If you are not being truthful (in what you say) it is of course ,sin.

26. CD BushJr profile image60
    CD BushJrposted 9 years ago

The gift is from God, but how you use it is your responsibility. The bible doesn't have an expiration date. By this I mean that if it is true 5000 years ago it is still true now. The bible warns that in the end time many will be deceived i.e. it okay to use tarot cards or it's a natural gift. We walk by faith and not sight so if someone tell you it is okay they are being spoken through just like Job's wife with no clue because their pride want to be right more than the truth. My advice is ask God, not broken opinionated people. He will share his will with you so people who do not know HIM or love sin to much to turn away from it. READ READ READ your bible and ask the Holy Spirit to lead you. Do not turn from the doctrines of God to follow the doctrines of people,

27. Ralargait profile image60
    Ralargaitposted 9 years ago

If you will read in the book of 1st Corinthians you will see that God provided us all with special abilities, talents and gifts. However, these talents must only be used to give God the glory and praise. The short answer is no, you are not evil. Just be sure to use your gift for the edification of Christ Jesus.

1. CD BushJr profile image60
      CD BushJrposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Love your answer.

2. glynch1 profile image67

God gives spiritual gifts to true believers in Christ alone; he doesn't give spiritual gifts to people who communicate with the dead through Tarot cards. The latter are not Christians.

28. Vortrek Grafix profile image60
    Vortrek Grafixposted 9 years ago

Good versus evil is often a question of whether one's altruistic nature can overcome one's ego.  We all have a tug of war between these parameters going on within us. For instance, how charitable can we be before our own self-interests are compromised? Fanatic do good-ers sacrifice themselves completely, while selfish egotists step on others relentlessly to advance themselves. Most people settle for something in the middle of those extremes.

Is being psychic evil? Not enough info. If 'psychic' means you are exceptionally astute at reading subtle body language and other unspoken human behaviors, then I'd call that "intuitive". Great, power to you! If "psychic" means a "special gift from heaven" then that statement's credibility is subject to scrutiny at face value, and doubt can lead to mistrust. I have a very liberal and open mind, and there are many things as yet unexplained about the human brain, but I don't accept dubious statements at face value.

While the "psychic" phenomenon may have some validity (my own mother seemed to have some abilities in this regard), the fact that it is as yet undefined and too often misrepresented for personal gain, turns rational people away from the concept.  Edgar Casey is supposed to have been a selfless psychic, who did a lot of good for people. Not sure how much of it was accurately documented, but when personal gain is taken out of the equation, people tend to be more tolerant if phenomena they might otherwise doubt upon their initial impression.

So are you evil for being 'psychic'? Not necessarily. It depends on whether this 'gift' is misrepresented and used for personal gain, or if it being genuinely used to heal troubled souls. If you are intuitive as defined above, then you can get a good read on what someone's relationship was like with their loved ones whom have passed away. That can even place you in a "counselor" position where you can reassure people seeking you 'gift' their loved ones would have "wanted it that way" or whatever. But anything beyond that is dubious, and in most cases probably highly dubious. Depending on how highly dubious or not, that would be an indication of eveil or not.

No accusations\insults intended - don't know you - just giving my opinion to a question on a hub board. I always leave open some redeeming acceptance of something which has yet to be fully proved or disproved, but make no secrets about any reservations I might have until the proof is in.

29. Besarien profile image73
    Besarienposted 9 years ago

Personally I think any talent is no more good or evil than what it is used to accomplish. If you never use whatever talents you have to do harm, you can not be evil.

30. Dynablob profile image60
    Dynablobposted 9 years ago

If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him” (Deut. 18:22).

“But the prophet who prophesies peace will be recognized as one truly sent by the Lord only if his prediction comes true” (Jer. 28:9).

“When all this comes true - and it surely will - then they will know that a prophet has been among them.” (Ezek. 33:33).

31. CarrieG profile image74
    CarrieGposted 8 years ago

I know that if you are a Christian then you would be reading the bible. You would know what the bible says about this topic. Are you an evil person? No but what you clamed to do is not a gift from God. You are asking for a Christians point of view and I am giving it to you according to scripture please I ask don't anyone come back and fight with me. I'm just giving a answer to a question.
    Deuteronomy 18:10-12“anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, 12 for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord.”
    Leviticus 19:31 (NIV)
    31 “‘Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the Lord your God.
    Exodus 22:18 (NIV) 18 “Do not allow a sorceress to live.
    Leviticus 20:27(NIV)
    27 “‘A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.’”

God condemns many of the so-called practices that predict the future and these include horoscopes, astrology, tarot cards, Ouija boards, witchcraft, sorcery, seeking unfamiliar spirits or the spirit world, trying to communicate with the dead, palm reading and anything or person that tries to predict the future.  Predicting the future is trying to enter into the territorial rights and privileges of God Who alone has this right reserved unto Himself.  If you are practicing any of these you can know for certain that God will not leave unpunished anyone who does such things.

So you have to judge for your self according to the scriptures. You will get all kinds of answers. But I believe the bible speaks for it's self.

Carrieg

1. Vicki Perry profile image85
      Vicki Perryposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The bible also states that it's okay to marry your brother's wife and have children with her should you die...it's a form of slavery. Is that okay? Is it okay to own slaves as the bible states?

2. CarrieG profile image74
      CarrieGposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Vicki, it's not okay, you are speaking of the traditions of that time and it wasn't a form of slavery, it was keeping the family blood line going..  They did not have this attitude "I am woman hear me roar" it was their customs.

3. Vicki Perry profile image85
      Vicki Perryposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Carrie...I understand that the bible is written for those times it was written in. That was a point I was making in another comment.

I disagree completely that her gifts are not given to her (and us) by God. Do you have intuition? Gut feelings?

32. profile image57
    Vivskyposted 8 years ago

For me I think u need to hve positive outlook in life god dn judge people people we are not perfect

33. Vicki Perry profile image85
    Vicki Perryposted 8 years ago

We're all born psychic. What we do with this God-given ability is up to us. The intention behind its use is what matters, just as our intentions behind everything we say, do and think is what matters.

We all have psychic abilities. When you get that "gut" feeling that something isn't right about a situation or that first feeling about someone you have just met, that's intuition. Intuition is God-given, as we all have the ability to receive those first impressions/feelings. It's how we're built.

Intuition is a gift included inside the realm of psychic abilities. One simply has to be open to the fact that we all have the ability to "feel" in this way. It is the beginning of the opening of other "gifts" we are given and a gift on its own.

It amazes me when we can believe all the miracles in the bible, yet we refuse to believe that we have abilities that are as profound as the insight we are given by God, we shun the idea.

You are not evil. You are blessed. We are all blessed, but some of us don't comprehend these things so we fear them. We mock what we fear. As INXS once wrote, "We all have wings, but some of us don't know why."

Be yourself. Keep opened to the gifts you are given. Once you stop using them, you'll lose them. Trust me, I know. God bless you on your journey.

34. passionatelearnr profile image86
    passionatelearnrposted 8 years ago

you are just a good reader of people thats all.nothing more

35. clivewilliams profile image71
    clivewilliamsposted 8 years ago

Can you read my future?
    Everyone is given gifts or talents when they were born, some talents are much more interesting than others. Lets say Usain Bolt is the best sprinter the world as ever seen....nice talent everyone loves, he can run really fast. Lets say clivewilliams is brilliant scientist who can perform magnificent surgery with his hands, another talent that people love. But when talents become out of the Norm like "seeing dead people" then peopl tend to be scared because of the unknown. The stigma is that death is bad and scary...you get the point! But it is a talent just the same and your talent does not separate you from your beliefs.

36. profile image53
    peter565posted 8 years ago

Do you know what I think? I think, the AntiChrists are the real gods and the Christian god is the real demon. While doing some research online, I notice, there isn't a single AntiChrist, in Christianity. Anybody or thing that is none Christian is the anti Christ, ranging from other religion, science and human right activity that is not in favor of the church. The Anti Christs within the final war between heaven and hell in the bible, is only one of the many AntiChrists. From a Christian point of view, we simply assume the AntiChrist is an evil demon, because we accept the idea that there is only one true god and that is the Christian god, all is evil, except following him without question.

But in what way do we even know he is the real god.  In Christianity we image the Christian god to be this caring a loving god, but that is how we image him to be, base on what we believe a god is suppose to be like. If you really study the bible in detail, this god, is no where close to imagination. He is a cruel tyrant that demand complete obedience and give nothing in return and sometime even screw with you, for no good reason. Why would anybody who is truly good and kind do something like that, so if god is good and this really is god, would he really act this way? I took a look at the Buddhism text recently, they speak of very different gods. In Buddhism there are many gods. The gods are souls whom have reach a level of enlightenment and once that happen they assent to become a god and once you become a god, you can go to heaven.  It is not the gods' job to take care of mankind, but because they are kind, sometime, they will lookout for mankind, but they won't demand for us to follow them or to obey them (I mean they would defend them self if you attack them, but that's it).  They just take a live and let live attitude towards anything.  Even when the gods are here to help humans, that would only through various form of methods to help you (sometime via giving you a dream, sometime they reincarnated to become a person etc) But they will never force you to follow them or to obey them. 

Take a look a western history, all the horrible things, that have happened and done in god's name. Yet, the west live in poverty for over 1000 years, till science finally triumph over religion. No region in all of human history, have ever experience been a 3rd world region, for as long as the west have and even today, Eastern Europe, is still in poverty.

37. profile image53
    jimdynamiteposted 8 years ago

If you believe in GOD and Jesus's Holy Spirit then that is all that matters. You do not need anything else, like Tarot Cards. What is the purpose for them when Jesus has given us all the answers. What can the dead tell you that GOD himself can not?

Christ's words and Teachings are very simple and very simple to Follow. Matthew 28-29 states 28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[e] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[f] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[g] There is no commandment greater than these.”

As for you being evil, Christ said in John Chapter 8, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground. 9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”11 “No one, sir,” she said.“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

As for what I or any of us thinks, Christ tell us in Matthew Chapter 7, 1Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. 6Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

To sum it up it does not matter what I or any of the other responders think. What matters is what GOD thinks. Read the words of Jesus, he tells us what to do, your answers are there.

38. lovesamrat profile image61
    lovesamratposted 8 years ago

My best recommendation to you is to Thank God everyday for your special Spiritual Gifts and acknowledge Jesus Name in everything you do. Then He will give You Wisdom as you ask for it. Then you will never need tarot cards again! According to my point of view the god is the great and solve our each and every problem in a very few seconds.

39. SpiritusShepherd profile image61
    SpiritusShepherdposted 8 years ago

I choose to label myself as an Existential Christian Druid. While the beliefs I follow most closely are those of Christianity, I also agree with the practices of Druidry (minus human sacrifice and certain rituals).
    The Existentialism is born from my own cynicism.

While I would not say I am psychic, I have been blessed with the gift of dream interpretation. I also have seen demons.

I do not think these gifts make us evil or unchristian, I do believe, however, that we need to turn to Jesus with these abilities and let him guide us on how they are to be used.

40. Talers profile image69
    Talersposted 8 years ago

What's your MBTI type? It seems like certain types are more heavily correlated with Schizotypal Personality Disorder, a condition in which one adopts beliefs like the ones you've mentioned.

41. Matthew Harvey profile image60
    Matthew Harveyposted 8 years ago

i believe god created people just like his angels you have the warrior, worshipers, and preachers you'd fall under the warrior place like me no fear want to fight no matter the out come with the ability god gave us mine is physical fighting i fear no man and love fighting your ability is to see the dead my it be demon or not and help people with it. we all are not perfect with the gifts we have you believe in god and have Jesus Christ as you lord and saver then you are a christian gods not going to judge you for this ability since he gave it to you but id lose the tarot cards those are of a demonic thing and my hurt your gift instead of helping it and as you said you don't need them.

42. platinumOwl4 profile image72
    platinumOwl4posted 8 years ago

Are you talking about Christianity or Christendom. Christianity is a religion. Christendom is the hand maiden of colonization. There is a place for you in one of these but one there is not a place for you. Your first have to make the distinction;

43. glynch1 profile image67
    glynch1posted 8 years ago

What do you mean by "believe"? Believing involves more than intellectual assent to historical facts; it consists in an obedient trust in the Person and finished work of Christ on the cross for the forgiveness of sins.
    How do you know your "psychic" ability is God-given? Has He personally revealed this information to you? Since God no longer gives special revelation to people in the Church age, I would say that you have either psychologically convinced yourself this "ability" is from God, or Satan has deceived you into believing a lie. Your consulting tarot cards--a spiritualistic practice--shows me that you do not understand spiritual things rightly, for God forbids such things. So, you are right. You cannot label yourself as "Christian," because you are not one (despite your "belief").

1. danielklein profile image60
      danielkleinposted 8 years agoin reply to this

First off, whose the authority saying God no longer gives revelation? Let me guess, some guy who says he's in contact with God, but is lying. Next up, I thought Christians accept anyone to be a Christian? Clearly you don't know this about Christians

2. glynch1 profile image67

The Scriptural argument for cessationism is extensive. To learn the truth, read MacArthur's Strange Fire. Christians accept others who make a credible profession of faith in Christ and show evidence of new life. Clearly, you don't get Christianity.

44. Eldercurk profile image67
    Eldercurkposted 8 years ago

The living has no contact with the dead, remember King Saul when he went to inquire to the witch? For he thought that he was communicating with Samuel when he said, "What form and what shape ?" he communicated with an evil spirit. If you're not operating under the influence of the Holy Spirit, you are operating under an evil spirit, however, you can seek God for the impartation of his spirit and thereby being led by the spirit of God.  You have a gift indeed , but your gift will be heightened with a relationship with God. Ask the Lord to receive his Holy Spirit and he will give him to you.

45. profile image0
    SonOfSkyrim201posted 8 years ago

Answer: you're not actually a psychic. You're just trying to get attention.

46. markeleazer profile image65
    markeleazerposted 8 years ago

Appropriate verses. Apparently the Scriptures hold no authority in the lives of most of the responders to this question. Still, it is good that you cited them.

47. Sgt Prepper profile image61
    Sgt Prepperposted 8 years ago

My experience has been that when I am oversleeping or deprived of sleep that I am seemingly more in touch with the unseen world.  The author of "Futility, or The Wreck of the Titan" Morgan Robertson, which foretold the Titanic disaster by 14 years, and others with prophetic powers claim their premonitions come to them when they are in an almost dreamlike state but still awake.
    There really are only two kinds of people - the regenerate & the unregenerate. 
    Bottom line question is: Where will YOU spend eternity?  In Heaven with the virgin-born Son of God, Jesus the Christ OR in the lake of fire with the Kenyan-born son of a porn-star Obama the Antichrist, False Prophet Francis and their master Satan(AKA: Allah)?

48. profile image0
    roobposted 8 years ago

If you are physic then what am I thinking or what is my future? Or how about what is my favorite sports team? Or how about what kind of dog do I have?

People who mess with the occult (tarot cards, seance, trying to call spirits) open their minds up to the devil. The Bible says so. You are playing with fire. You remember in the Bible when pharaoh had his magicians do magic but there magic was lacking compared to Gods power? Well the devil can make you think your physic, but do you really know all things or only sometimes something correct pops up? I use to mess with the occult and I had visions and physcic thoughts as well. I was haunted by demons and began to worship them. Now I am back with God, I don't mess with that stuff anymore. Like you said you cannot label yourself a Christian because you are messing with evil things God said to avoid.

1. Sgt Prepper profile image61
      Sgt Prepperposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you  Robert. Iron sharpens iron. I might be wrong about BHO being the Antichrist & Francis the False Prophet but God did reveal to me Freemasons/Illuminati put that Kenyan-born usurper into our White House for their master the devil. Eph 6:

2. profile image0
      roobposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You are way too into conspiracy theory. Sgt Prepper? Free masons... Illuminati? Lol been reading too many forums online. Read the Bible as that is the truth, its not a conspiracy! I used to be into that stuff too but its a waste of time, ask a pastor

49. LeslieAdrienne profile image71
    LeslieAdrienneposted 7 years ago

It doesn't matter that you believe in God & Jesus & the Holy Spirit....what matters is that you cannot call Jesus Christ your Lord. Many people are born or rather become aware of supernatural gifts in their lives. These things are not rare.

All gifts come from God, but all gifts are not being operated by God. (And, please don't be deceived to think that you are operating those gifts... you are not.) There is a spirit behind it all...either from God or from Satan.

Your gifts are listed in the Bible in 1 Corinthians 12. Because you have not given your life over to the Lord, your gifts are operating by familiar spirits and not by the Holy Spirit of God.

When and if you accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior according to Romans 10:9-10, you will see a change in your abilities. You will no longer be subject to the unwanted appearances of the dead. You will no longer operate at the whim of any spirit guide or human spirit.

The Bible says that the gifts and callings of God are without repentance...  (Romans 11:29) The gifts are given by God,and they are designed to be used by God to serve mankind, not for financial gain, not for self-promotion and not for manipulation.

By your own admission, you are not a Christian, so, why do you care if you are "evil" or not? By the way, we are all evil to one degree or another. That is why we need Jesus...

if you want to be a Christian, then you can become one...

,…8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: 9 that if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with your heart you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved.…
    Berean Study Bible -Romans 10:8-10

50. Terrex profile image67
    Terrexposted 7 years ago

yes. eeeeeeeeeeeeeevvviiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllll.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)