What do you think of children?

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (37 posts)
  1. days leaper profile image60
    days leaperposted 12 years ago

What do you think of children?

Brat or Brilliant,  Precious or play thing???

2. NathanielZhu profile image65
    NathanielZhuposted 12 years ago

It depends on the child. We all begin as one. What did you think about yourself?

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

Loved my own, we had an absolute ball raising them.  But I am not crazy about children in general--just my own, and my grandkids

4. SuccessfromHome profile image61
    SuccessfromHomeposted 12 years ago

Honestly, I never wanted to be bothered with children under 5 most of my life, even when I was a aunt by 14, I didn't want anything to do with my nephew. Now he is 14 and I am 28, I am THE BEST aunt ever and have 3 and 4 year old boys (go figure).

5. wingedcentaur profile image63
    wingedcentaurposted 12 years ago

I work in elementary education, and I think children are magical and wonderful. In many ways, I think they represent humanity at our best. It's we so-called adults that seem to screw everything up!

6. twilanelson profile image60
    twilanelsonposted 12 years ago

I  love my children, I love all children and believe children, their education and their beliefs are very important.

7. profile image55
    consentinoposted 12 years ago

I love children.  Had three children now have six.  Have seven grandchildren and two great grandchildren.  I wouldn't give-up a minute I have had with them.

www.petsareagift.com

8. profile image0
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 12 years ago

Absolutely the future of the world, the successor of the old ones

9. elucidator profile image60
    elucidatorposted 12 years ago

I love being with my kids. I love that they are a little older (middle and high school) and so there is a balance of autonomy and dependence. We are all friends (while I am still the dad and not afraid to "lay down the law!") I am concerned at a societal level that in non-third world countries couples are having less children, even seeing them as unnecessary or burdens. Historically, this is bad for societies for many reasons, from compassionate reasons to the economic burden on an aging society. That said, if I were a young married, I would have some serious reservations about having a new baby in a difficult economic time. But I do know the incredible love, character building, sacrifice and joy that I have experienced and wouldn't trade it for anything.

10. onegoodwoman profile image69
    onegoodwomanposted 12 years ago

They grow up.............just as they are to do.

The void, that their growing, leaves is irreplaceable and  unfillable.

When they are babies, we , parents, wish for their childhood, when they are toddlers, we wish for them to go to school.  When they are in school, we fight the influence.  Then we buy the  "uniforms", "instruments" or dancing dresses.

Then..........then.......poof.......they are gone.  We are left empty handed....wondering, what the  hey just happened.......

At some point, much later, they come to us again, as likeable human beings.....friends, teaching  us us......but they are never, again, children.

My life's greatest regret, is that I wished that time, infancy, toddler hood, terrible two's, kindergarten, elememtary school, teens, driving lessons, dating,........ to pass.   Time would have passed without my wishing.

Brat or brilliance, precious or plaything?

None of these, and all of them...........I sense, that if you are a parent, you are the parent of a very young one.    I would give all of my tomorrows, just to have my children, young and underfoot for just one more day.............any day.

11. profile image0
    lavender3957posted 12 years ago

I love children. That is why I am a teacher, I wish I had the energy to just love and take home every little child that needs a good home. Children are the best medicine in life. They keep me living.

12. Sweet with a bite profile image63
    Sweet with a biteposted 12 years ago

Completely precious!  I feel like I didn't know what love was until I looked in my son's eyes and held him in my arms.

13. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 12 years ago

Children are part of parents.

How they are going to grow up to be will depend on our upbringing.

Proper teaching and guidance will be what they will become. As we can see nowadays, children are different from the past as parents are so busy with earning a living.

Children are feeling neglected and we can see that they are becoming wild. They do not listen to elderly. But if parents have given enough attention and teaching, they will not be such. Most children are pampered so they are no longer like what we used to be. The older generation grew up through hardships and know what it is like. But nowadays, children are pretty well-off so they do not understand what hardships are all about.

But it should not be the reason for us not doing something about it. Bringing up children and teaching them the right way is important part of being parents. I do believe as long as we guide them the right way and giving the right teaching, they will understand and know what we had gone through.

14. aefrancisco profile image59
    aefranciscoposted 12 years ago

Precious ... they are gift from above who had created all of us smile

15. vexez profile image64
    vexezposted 12 years ago

Precious

They are the next generation of living.

16. poetluv14 profile image58
    poetluv14posted 12 years ago

Brat!! All children are brats at some point or another I am one ! lol

17. dui profile image61
    duiposted 12 years ago

a living that should be take care of, until they can know how to survive and will continue for the next generation.

18. profile image50
    georgia23232323posted 12 years ago

i think children are cute and precious thats why they were invented

19. asmaiftikhar profile image78
    asmaiftikharposted 12 years ago

For me children s are the miracles of God in this modern era where miracles do not happen.They are the angles and pure creatures of God.

20. world-wise profile image61
    world-wiseposted 12 years ago

As Micheal Jackson sang - "children are our future"

21. thumbi7 profile image61
    thumbi7posted 12 years ago

Children are the most beuatiful creations of God. Innocent eyes, sweet voice. They are just wonderful. I adore children and like to spend time with them.

22. yusefblack profile image59
    yusefblackposted 12 years ago

Brats when I can't find the patience, precious when I do

23. profile image0
    blog8withJposted 12 years ago

Innocent and playful and forgiving. They are just bunch of angels who can make you feel guilty and not at the same time. Lol. They are really an example of innocence.

24. Escobana profile image76
    Escobanaposted 12 years ago

I still THANK GOD, FOR NOT HAVING CHILDREN! Precious they are, only if they're welcome and well taken care of.

I simply wouldn't be a good mother but I explain all that in my Hub, with the same title. Children would take away all of the freedom I have to live a balanced and healthy life.

I do love to play with the children of my friends though, being able to go home after a few hours, not having to feel the weight of such an enormous responsibility for life.

25. Peanutritious profile image61
    Peanutritiousposted 12 years ago

I am often judged by people because I have chosen not to have children.  It's as if I am somehow abnormal not to want to breed.  I get on very well with children and teach at secondary school.  I am an Aunty to three wonderful kids who love me to bits.  I adore animals and they make me feel fulfilled and happy to come home to.  I would rather have animals than kids. Others seem to have an issue with that.  I say they should mind their own business.  I'm not dictating to them whether they should have children or not!  One things for sure, the population won't suddenly decrease because I'm not going to have children!

26. profile image0
    vperryposted 12 years ago

Adore them.  I have three daughters and six grandchildren.  I absolutely love each and every one.  I would die for them.

27. profile image58
    kdawsonposted 12 years ago

I love infants and toddlers.  Once they start to talk they become a pain in the ass, but I love them still.

28. knowledgeispowerr profile image59
    knowledgeispowerrposted 12 years ago

Now i am single, so when i will marry then i will think about the childrens, but generally i love little babies too much...

29. grinnin1 profile image70
    grinnin1posted 12 years ago

Miracles that we have a responsiblity to.. to help them see the world in a balanced, healthy way. I hope we can get a grasp on what we are doing and stop feeding them the constant stream of technology and begin to open them up to the beauty  and mystery of God, nature, simplicity, friendship and the here and now.

30. juiwei2000 profile image58
    juiwei2000posted 12 years ago

What do I think of children?  Children=Money  Children=no more freedom  children=seven hours of "Are we there yet?"

I like children, but I don't want to have any

31. cmstewart4 profile image63
    cmstewart4posted 12 years ago

Children say the funniest things in the funniest ways:

Carping sharp for Shopping Cart
    Be-ah for Banana
    Nakin for napkin
    Penny’s come from eagles wings
    Phant – those pesky little ants
    OOlasopee – Philosophy to the Lion King Song Hakuna Matata

they make us laugh, cry, scream, smile....they make us feel and experience life differently.  Needless to say - I love them!

32. stephaniedas profile image71
    stephaniedasposted 12 years ago

I love children, they make me smile and bring out a lot of affection I didn't know I had!

However, I don't want my own, and I don't want to be a pre-school teacher!

33. Arlynne1689 profile image57
    Arlynne1689posted 12 years ago

children are the best bestfriend in the world. They don't know how to hide or fake their feelings yet. The are very true in everything that they say or do. They will not lie to you just to make you feel better. All they care is happiness and that's all that matters. How i love to go back on that innocent stage of life. ^_^

34. rosika profile image78
    rosikaposted 12 years ago

Children are, I would say, very brilliant and precious. They are clever, energetic, most of the time healthy, easily able to be friend with, and the future of a country.

35. vianasya profile image59
    vianasyaposted 12 years ago

In my humble opinion, I think children are gift from God. Every child has their own uniqueness. Not just about brat or brilliant, precious or play thing. They're a lot more than that. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I can say that future is our children. So, we must take care of them carefully with love.

36. jeanniedoe profile image55
    jeanniedoeposted 12 years ago

Children are angels brought from heaven. They give joy and happiness to the family.

37. Meadow Kelly profile image66
    Meadow Kellyposted 12 years ago

Children are precious gifts & should be treated as such. Single motherhood taught me to love them intensely, support their brilliance with all my might and tolerate more of their 'brattiness' than I should have (at home). I would not have traded any one of them for anything on earth.
    That said - the best children in the world are grandchildren. By the time they come along, we can really enjoy them and they, us. Not that I do not miss my little ones sometimes, I certainly do but I always felt like I was coming up a little short back then. I have much more time & energy to offer the little ones these days.

As onegoodwoman stated, "They grow up...just as they are to do." I must say, I do so enjoy my grown daughters these days. They have grown into wonderful women who now treat me as their friend.

Children who are misbehaving in public aggravate me terribly - not them as much as their parents/guardians who allow them to live as if being a huge brat, taking advantage of others patience and kindness is acceptable.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)