At what age should people stop dating or should they continue to date until the

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Leaderofmany profile image60
    Leaderofmanyposted 12 years ago

At what age should people stop dating or should they continue to date  until the  final roll call?

2. profile image0
    ClydeSightposted 12 years ago

I assume the question refers to people not involved in committed relationships (i.e. married).

I don't see that age should have any effect on dating. A mature person (not that age is a guarantee of maturity) can bring a lot of wisdom and insight into a relationship.

Do people stop loving after a certain age? Obviously not. Love is more than sex and physical arousal or performance (and now they have pills for that anyway, I get tons of e-mails about them!). Dating is about relationships, not just "getting lucky".

However, the goals of dating probably change with age. There are many reasons to date, companionship, to share an experience with someone, to have an adventure with another person (romantic or otherwise). I don't think age would curtail any of that. Circumstances and health might affect it, but considering that dating is really about relationships, I think we humans can relate to each other throughout our lives, as long as we have awareness and cognitive ability. So obviously, we can experience love, even romance, throughout our lives.

My opinion anyway.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

That would be completely up to the individual.  There is no age to stop dating...now if someone is in a committed relationship--that would be a good time to stop dating.

4. cobrien profile image61
    cobrienposted 12 years ago

If singles desire to date until roll call, more power to them. Why stop living just because you get old? Humans need companionship at all adult ages.

5. NiaG profile image84
    NiaGposted 12 years ago

I think you should date until the final curtain. There's nothing wrong with having companionship in your life. It makes living and getting through life a little easier no matter what age.

6. dashingscorpio profile image80
    dashingscorpioposted 12 years ago

If you enjoy doing something there is no reason to stop as long as you're healthy enough to contine doing it. If I were (looking for someone special) to settle down with I wouldn't give up until I took my last breath. As George Clooney's character stated in the movie "Up In The Air" - "Life is better with company".

7. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 12 years ago

There shouldn't be an age that people stop dating.  So long as you're interested in spending time with someone and forming a relationship you should continue to date if you feel like it wink

8. supplies expert profile image60
    supplies expertposted 12 years ago

My grandma at the age of 80 met a guy in her assisted living home, the guy was 78 years old and lived a few doors down... they dated for about 3 years and just recently got married. It's never too late to date.

My grandpa passed away at the age of 54 so it's been a while for my grandma but might as well be able to spend your time with someone who really cares about you. Unfortunately my grandma is far away so we don't get to visit as much as we'd like so I think it's great she has someone.

1. bluesradio profile image57
      bluesradioposted 6 years agoin reply to this

SOunds like your grandma had the right idea.....

9. Gregoryy profile image62
    Gregoryyposted 12 years ago

It depends everyone peaks, and becomes ready at diffrent ages.

10. Escobana profile image77
    Escobanaposted 12 years ago

I'll keep on dating untill I've found my match. Even if I have to walk in to a room, holding on to a stick, wearing fake teeth and a wig. I do hope meeting that special one a little sooner though:-)

11. Rachelle Williams profile image91
    Rachelle Williamsposted 12 years ago

A person should keep on truckin' until they run out of gas...

12. hubber088 profile image60
    hubber088posted 12 years ago

Never stop dating! That is as long as you aren't married. You should keep living and dating until the very second they pull the plug.

13. Ramsa1 profile image62
    Ramsa1posted 12 years ago

Why stop? George Burns didn't, and it seems that he dated much, much younger women. He is reputed to have said that he would date women his age but there weren't any.

14. profile image51
    enwholesale-oyangposted 12 years ago

50 year-old.We need a last rest.
    enwholesale say,
    Our life need moving ,and need stopping.

15. creativebutterfly profile image60
    creativebutterflyposted 12 years ago

you should date for as long as you feel the need.   There is no age limit on wanting to have company and the pleasure of feeling good with someone else.

16. Leanna McCarthy profile image60
    Leanna McCarthyposted 12 years ago

I think it depends on how you define "dating". After a certain age priorities change. People aren't looking for someone to grow old with, marry and have kids. I think it's fine to have a close relationship at any age, so long as the intention is mutual and clear.

17. mljdgulley354 profile image60
    mljdgulley354posted 12 years ago

I don't think there is an age to stop. I think this is a question for an individual each are different. I believe if you are married you should still take your spouse on a date. Why should that stop just because you are married?

18. bwameen profile image61
    bwameenposted 12 years ago

I think stop before you start and life will probably be a lot more simple ! or maybe start when you are 60 when you are content with yourself and know who you are. Its a funny thing really you spend most of your early life trying to please the other one and working out what they like and what they are all about and forget about yourself in a way. Infact make that 85 : )

19. How To Hub profile image58
    How To Hubposted 12 years ago

I heard of someone getting married again at 96 ! Good on them !
    Love has no age limit.....

1. bluesradio profile image57
      bluesradioposted 6 years agoin reply to this

They had the right idea.........Love should know no boundaries...

20. eva43 profile image56
    eva43posted 12 years ago

If one is able and loves doing it, I think there is nothing wrong with dating. wink

21. bluesradio profile image57
    bluesradioposted 6 years ago

I believe that folks should date until the end call if they are among the single folks or in a open relationship........Now, if they are with a significant other exclusively then dating should have stopped as soon as the wedding was done especially if the bliss lasts for eternity...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)