Do you believe non-religious people, who lead a good life, are still going to he

Jump to Last Post 101-131 of 131 discussions (1268 posts)
  1. TessSchlesinger profile image61
    TessSchlesingerposted 7 years ago

No. Then, again, I don't believe that religious people are going to get 72 virgins, go to heaven, reincarnate into someone else, etc. All happy delusions... smile

1. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

VERY "HAPPY!"
      AGAIN, I didn't go try to "figure GOD out" or "research" to find HIM!  I sought HIM w/a PURE HEART (I screamed "I'm tired!") and HE came into my life! 
      Since, HE'S been speaking to me DIRECTLY (Jer 31:33-34; Heb8:12) as HE PROMISED!

2. TessSchlesinger profile image61
      TessSchlesingerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What has your comment to do with the question Sounds like the question was just a way to preach to others.

3. profile image52

I believe the Q asked about "non-religious" ppl & you are to the one who spoke of "religious" ppl & I defended stating my personal experiences!
      ON TOPIC to your "off topic" response!

4. Misfit Chick profile image75
      Misfit Chickposted 7 years agoin reply to this

'Beliefs' don't matter: human judgments on belief is the problem from both religious & anti-religious fanatics. Beliefs are tools & toys for humans to find internal peace - which is why they are so different for everyone. There is no 'one tru

5. TessSchlesinger profile image61
      TessSchlesingerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You are quoting bible scripture and you're mentioning god. You're the one mentioning religion. I answered the question.

6. profile image52

MF: NO! Differences bcuz didn't "WAIT" (LAST command; Acts1:4) which shows NO LOVE for GOD(Jn14:15) & "consequences" (33K+denominations)!
      Tess: GOD is NOT a "Religion" but a SPIRIT (Jn4:23-24)! 
      You have a "choice" not to listen or respond!  ???

2. Damian10 profile image61
    Damian10posted 7 years ago

It still comes down to humility.  I am a Christian and I used to think that I was humble.  I really was not.  Two years ago I got MS and I would never have thought it could be a good thing but it actually has been a blessing.  I have difficult days sometimes and when I do I hold on to the coat tails of Jesus.  He has taken something bad and actually made it good.  Who does that?  Only God does that man certainly does not.   Unfortunately we cannot save ourselves and it is only by God's grace that we are saved.  You cannot earn Heaven as it has been earned for you.  For some reason the world cannot and does not get that.  Yes, those so called good people are going to Hell.  Take sunscreen.  Humility is where it is.

1. profile image52

AMEN!
      GOD "always" places us where we are to be to "draw us to HIM" after "looking @ the heart!"

Blessings ALWAYS!

2. Misfit Chick profile image75

There R good reasons for 'bad' things to happen. They R designed to cause a DESIRE that is meant to expand your soul - you're supposed to 'reach for' your desire using the bad stuff to 'push off'. You're NOT unworthy, you're right - BLESSING!

3. profile image52

On this we AGREE! 
      TEST e.g. throughout Scripture (Adam & Eve, Abraham, Moses, Jonah, David, on & on)! TEST!
      Why u don't BELIEVE; *HE* will "lead & guide into "ALL" truth" (Jn14:26)?  TEST!
      U better than them, even JESUS? 
      HUMBLE YOURS

3. jtrader profile image35
    jtraderposted 7 years ago

I think the basic idea is that none of us is really good. All of us have some sort of fault and have hurt others in some way, so all of us deserve punishment. Jesus has taken that punishment.

1. profile image52

And if we LOVE HIM for doing that, we should "obey HIS commandments" (Jn 14:15)!

That's the "basic idea!"

Most C's are taught: every time we sin, we nail Jesus to the cross all over. Guilt, much?! You don't understand 'sin': "they know not what they do". That isn't what his death was about. J came to OBLITERATE this tired OLD pagan mindset.

3. profile image52

Who has that "mindset?" I'M RIGHTEOUS BY FAITH (Rm3:22)! 
      HOLY SPIRIT "CONVICTS!" You don't want to "sin!" Did HE not say "I will remember their sins no more"(Jer31:34;Heb8:12)under the New Covenant? David said "As far as the east is fm the west"

4. MichaelMcNabb profile image59
    MichaelMcNabbposted 7 years ago

If you can live in a world where small children are sold into the sex trade and you have the slightest worry about going to some made up fairy tale place called hell, than my hat is off to you.  The only answer they have for the horrors in our existing and real world is "god works in mysterious ways" or "god has a reason for everything".  They never say there is no god or god must be a moron but that's what needs to be said.  Yes there is a hell and it's all around you.  No there is not a heaven nor a god and there is no eternal life other than your contribution to the world.

1. Let-freedom-rigng profile image60
      Let-freedom-rigngposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry you feel that way.

There R reasons for 'bad' things: 1) our 'eternal soul' attracts situations & people into our lives that support our beliefs & cause 'expansion'; 2) it is OUR responsibility to CHANGE ugly parts of reality. God is our baseline that keeps soul

3. Damian10 profile image61
      Damian10posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps you are confusing the free will.  God did not do those things.  Man does them.  Man just makes really bad choices.

Exactly. We're born an eternal being into a body to experience a physical reality beyond what we know: which is why our memories R erased. The chaos is part of us 'becoming' as we REALIZE who & what we really are: 'God in the flesh' as J was.

5. profile image52

Amen Damien!  And "continues!"
      Look @ Misfit defying Scripture (Acts 17:25) - "bad choice!" GOD is THE CREATOR & doesn't need ANYONE'S *help!* When one does, he places himself ABOVE GOD who SAID "I will NOT share MY Glory" (Is42:8)!
      "Humility?"

6. Misfit Chick profile image75

We are God's children. As such, he is no more 'sharing glory' with us than he was with Jesus. The KoG is WITHIN & has been slowly developing & expanding since the day we started inhabiting this planet ages ago & will continue for ages bey

7. profile image52

Oh! So GOD doesn't mind us being GOD! Now u don't blv the Prophet Isaiah? HE doesn't want us to TOTALLY rely on HIM? Why "humble ourselves" (IIChron7:14) or they added that too? Yes, HE'S given us authority but not over HIM (WORD)!
      If u use"conn"OK

8. MichaelMcNabb profile image59
      MichaelMcNabbposted 7 years agoin reply to this

First, let's quit pretending that people are authoring these faith based subjects because they don't want to be challenged.  Second, Free will isn't even biblical, neither is hell for that matter.

9. profile image52

Michael, provide a book written BEFORE the Bible that has as many fulfilled prophecies as the Bible?  What "man" does this? GOD gave "DOMINION" on earth to "man" (Gen1:26) so don't blame HIM for "man's" INTELLIGENCE(?)!

5. Let-freedom-rigng profile image60
    Let-freedom-rigngposted 7 years ago

I think it makes a difference in if they have known of Jesus, and rejected him.

1. profile image52

Thanks Janice!  I give WORD (Matt13) BUT GOD "gives the increase" (I Cor 3:6)!
      "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in ALL the world for a witness unto ALL nations; and then shall the end come!"
      Jer 31:33-34 "for they shall ALL know me"

Why does God require 'beliefs' about Jesus death & res 'saving' us? If he got the sacrifice he needed... Do you require your kids to 'believe in' anything you've done for them? Why did Jews get stone tablets TWICE & C's got NO 'sinner's praye

3. profile image52

GOD "WAS" the sacrifice (Acts20:28)! U believe Jesus & GOD 2 separate ppl (Trinity)?  TWICE bcuz Moses' anger (Deut19)!
      What "sinner's prayer?"  Where's that in Scripture?
      GOD you're confused! Sounds like "Catholic" teachings!

6. MarySEW profile image73
    MarySEWposted 7 years ago

You do not have to have a religion to have a connection to the higher power. I am not religious, but I do pray to the creator. So, if you really think about it, you can reach yourself completely from religion and still have a relationship with God. Religion is a man made construct in which people follow, pour mony in, and agree with another's perception on who and what God is, instead of figuring that out for themselves individually through prayer. I am of the knowing that no one has a right to tell you how to talk with God, that is between you and God. An interesting sort of thing to back this is when the dead sea scrolls that are said to have been written by Jesus's had were found, the one line of it that was translated and made public was: "split a piece of wood, and you will find me, lift a stone and I am there." That means that you technically don't need a church or a middle man to talk with God.
    So, no, if one is not a Christian they are not bound for hell. That is between them and God, not them, the church, and God.

1. profile image52

Mary I think you meant If one is not "religious" they are not bound for hell; because "Christians" or SUPPOSED TO BE followers of Christ or Disciples of Christ who we are SUPPOSED TO model!

2. profile image52

"So, no, if one is not a Christian they are not bound for hell." NOT TRUE! The ONLY WAY to the Father is through JESUS CHRIST (aka HOLY SPIRIT) Jn14:6! Definition of "Christian" is CHRIST follower or Disciple!
      No CHRIST-No GOD!

7. profile image0
    Dominique Smithposted 7 years ago

Depends on your definition of hell. Hell comes from the word meaning "sheol" which is the common grave of mankind. Therefore, all people go to hell when they died. Including Jesus - Acts 2:31, 32. - he just didn't stay there, he was resurrected to heaven.

1. profile image52

Please give Scripture where "We all go to hell?"
      Also give Scripture Why "Jesus went to hell?"

No scripture needed cuz while Jesus died so that BOTH versions of his original & twisted messages would go on; the 'resurrection' part of his story was lifted from the Imperial Cult which lifted it from Mithras, etc. Jesus did NOT come to REPEAT.

3. profile image52

I get tired of u using Lk 17 (KoG within u) but saying NO SCRIPTURE NEEDED-HYPOCRITE! Even go so far to say there is JESUS! U can't believe that part & say HOLY SPIRIT doesn't "lead & guide" & can't do better job than *YOUR* brain!  HYPOC

8. libertyordeath19 profile image74
    libertyordeath19posted 7 years ago

I keep hearing people referring to morals.  What is morality, and what or who sets the standard for those morals?  God is the moral standard, if You don't believe that, then your perception of morality is just that, perception.  Morality is subjective without God.

1. profile image52

AMEN!
      Just "perception!"

2. MarySEW profile image73
      MarySEWposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This is true because God is pure Truth, pure Justice, and pure Love. You know morals with the Wholly Spirit.

3. profile image52

Yes Mary; they're AUTOMATIC or "Fruits of the Spirit!" How could they not be when one has Christ inside?  When we are baptized with the Holy Spirit; we PUT ON CHRIST!  His Spirit resides in us!  Even if we want to sin we can't! We're "CONVICTED!"

We're born fully-connected with the exact same kind of 'christos' Christ had within. Morality doesn't need to be taught, immorality does. Convincing people they are 'unworthy sinners', bullying, abuse & economic depression etc., creates monsters.

5. profile image52

You're confusing 'a spirit' we have inside with "the Spirit" which is activated upon BELIEF! Why does Scripture say "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of GOD:because many false prophets are gone.." (IJn4:1)?

We only have ONE spirit, Norine. We have an eternal 'christos' within - same as Jesus had; and a physical-based ego BOTH meant to guide us thru this existence. Ego falls away at death, no longer needed. Salvation message is spiritual bondage.

7. profile image52

BELIEVERS have "ONE SPIRIT" otherwise Scripture would not tell us to "try the spirits" (w/an "s")! There are unrighteous spirits as well("false prophets")! "No 1 can come to the Father but by ME" (aka HOLY SPIRIT)! If 1 didn't "WAIT"="propaganda!"

9. TheShadowSpecter profile image85
    TheShadowSpecterposted 7 years ago

I think a person has to be a really horrendous individual to get cast into the lake of fire.  Then again, I'm an agnostic.  Therefore, my opinion is going to be subjective on the matter.

1. Damian10 profile image61

The only way to the Father is through the Son.   The Only way.

2. profile image52

JB: NOPE!  Even a "nice guy" who DOESN'T BELIEVE (Heb3:19) "will not enter!"
      Problem: MOST "Christians" are "too lazy" to STUDY Scripture to find out WHAT to BELIEVE!
      Yes Damian "through the Son" who gave us the "GIFT" of "GRACE" (Eph2:8-9)!

3. Misfit Chick profile image75

Nope. You all need to get up to date with the new-old translation of "I am the way, the truth and the life, etc." Christians are leading that 'movement', themselves; and every other C should be aware of it. Also, the new C perspectives on Paul.

4. profile image52

Sure do! U included! I (aka HOLY SPIRIT; Jn 14:26 "IN MY NAME") AM the way (SPIRIT;Jn4:23-24) the truth (Jn1:14) and life(ICor1:30)! U "UPDATED" now? If so, start BELIEVING HIS PROMISES!
      What's "the new C perspectives on Paul?"

5. Kiss andTales profile image59
      Kiss andTalesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Norine then why was your reply starting off with  the same
      words. He says !Tom Ware (Tusitala Tom) says
      I'm inclined to believe that there were - and still are but to a lesser degree - .
      Then you write under his name MF you dont believe '''"

6. profile image52

Did u see me address MF (MISFIT)? Why must u continue to "try & discredit" TRUTH (aka Scribes/Pharisees)? Why make yourself appear to be Satan?  Weren't they? RELIGIOUS PPL!  Always "better than anyone else!" I ONLY tell TRUTH & ppl can take

7. TheShadowSpecter profile image85
      TheShadowSpecterposted 7 years agoin reply to this

But you know something, Norine?  What I find so interesting is that Pope Francis has even said that atheists can make it into heaven.  Coming from the highest-ranking clergyman in the Vatican, that statement sounds like some pretty powerful stuff.

8. profile image52

TYPICAL "lying Catholics!"  That's EXACTLY why there are so many Ex-Christians trying to "Debunk Salvation!" RELIGION telling ALL "We're ALL sinners" Rm3:23) but didn't CONTINUE READING!
      Next Homosexuals will go to heaven if left up to Pope!

LIES!

10. srchanda profile image60
    srchandaposted 7 years ago

I think heaven and hell are both here itself. If you do good things then good things will happen with you and same with bad things. So you experience heaven and hell during your life itself. There is no religion that says you have to follow them to reach heaven but rather says you have to be good from your soul to reach heaven. I believe heaven is inner peace of a human mind

1. profile image52

But CHRIST SAID "No one can come to the Father BUT by ME" (Jn14:6) so don't follow that and see where you end up!
      SAD!

We can go (like Moses, but not a requirement) to our inner Mt Horeb & become One with our I AM PRESENCE: same 'christos within' as Christ. I AM is the bread of life, the light of the world, the gate, and the resurrection and the life - not Jesus.

3. profile image52

Who do you think JESUS is?  Are there two Gods?  You said there is proof HE existed?  Who was HE? Who do you think I AM is?
      Catholics have you CONFUSED! 
      I Corinthians 12; I Tim3:16; Jn1:14!

Catholics don't believe this: 'I AM' the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. J uses the name of God translated into 'I AM' and the word by 'me' = christos within us ALL as 'gods in the flesh' JUST like him.

5. profile image52

Catholics don't believe a lot of TRUTH (LIARS as Romans)! "I AM"=JESUS (aka GOD)! Rev1:8 "FIRST & THE LAST!" Trinity=LIE+MORE! That's why MOST "CONFUSED" like u!  What u just finding out is OLD NEWS when "revelation" given!
      Hold on to your hat!

No, Jesus used a different word when he was talking about himself. I understand your hate 4 Catholics. Christians like you R sure you've got the how-to's right DESPITE that your dogma didn't exist before - 1500 YEARS without 'sinner's prayer'...

7. profile image52

I HATE ALL "LIARS;" especially those who use WORD to "LOSE SOULS!"
      Jesus "IS" GOD & NO DIFF fm J nor DIFFERENT MESSAGE as with Paul! 
      MY "Dogma" "IS" THE WAY, THE "TRUTH" & THE LIFE & 
      EXISTED BEFORE THE WORLD WAS!
      LYING "sinner's pray

11. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

I believe there is a God.
    I believe he will judge you by whatever standard (religion) you choose.
    I believe no one has ever perfectly met the standard of any religion.
    I believe that is why God established grace - for those of us who will never be good enough.

Blessings to you, friend.

1. profile image52

I believe as Adam & Eve didn't obey HIS "FIRST" commandment, we didn't obey HIS "LAST" commandment (Acts 1:4 "WAIT") & suffer IGNORANCE!  GOD winked at IGNORANCE then but we have no excuse now!  HE commanded us to "WAIT" for HELP fm HOLY SPIR

God is PURE POSITIVE ENERGY. Human-born beliefs, religions, languages R only relevant to us. God cannot tell between sincere worship of a Christian, Muslim, Hindu - or crazed football fans. Can only 'read' hearts cuz that is the part 'like him'.

3. profile image52

Funny! I have ALWAYS been a "good person" (nondeceptive, kind, helpful,etc;as Samaritan) but not "connected!"
      THERE IS A DIFFERENCE & I've LIVED both sides!
      U can't tell me HE "hops" in bcuz u are "nice" (crazed football fan)!
      HE didn't me!

You WERE born fully connected & remain so, we all do. U would not be breathing, if not. Christos = umbilical cord to God. If had grown up with Jesus' REAL message, U would know Y there is no need for 'salvation' or religions. Lies create bondage.

5. profile image52

There is a "carnal" life (breathe) & a "Spiritual" life! Adam killed the Spiritual! Now we have to RECONNECT or JESUS LIED "FIRST I must suffer MANY things" Lk17:25 (The Cross) & sent HS to HELP Jn14:26; Acts2:2! We NOT born w/GOD SPIRIT(Ps51

We ARE natural extensions/expressions of God. It is the most natural thing about us, but we've been taught otherwise - so we don't recognize it until we realize it. This is what Jesus came for: to show us who we really are & how to navigate life.

7. profile image52

HE sure did & to DIE for our sins or 10 C's weren't necessary using ur analogy! Why 10 C's TWICE?
      IF "ALL" like Christ, why did HE "cast out demons?"
      "*YOU'VE* been "taught" otherwise by Catholics!  The HOLY SPIRIT "reveals" LIES "man" has insert

12. simplehappylife profile image67
    simplehappylifeposted 7 years ago

I know this is an old post/question, but I just stumbled upon it. 

Jesus taught that God is boundless and religion is in the heart and actions, not a building or organization. I don't think God cares much for what groups we are affiliated with or not affiliated with so long as we choose to care for our brothers and sisters while we reside on this miraculous tiny little mud-ball.

God doesn't even require 'belief' in him (as we are blessed with Free Will -to believe or not).  I think all he requires is nothing more than a mustard seed of belief (even the bible discusses this), an Open Mind.  Even the most ardent non-believer has a mustard seed of self-doubt in the recesses of their mind.

1. profile image52

JESUS "never" taught "religion!"  HE HATED IT(Matt23)! Religion is defined in Jm1:27 "works" which we are no longer under (Old Covenant) re: Eph 2:8-9! GOD CARES or no Gal1:6-9! GOD "REQUIRES BELIEF" re: Heb3:19! Mustard seed of FAITH in HIS PROMISES

Jesus original message was meant to save souls from a defeated, hopeless, self-doubt mindset: cuz its so harmful to us. He came to restore our belief in ourselves - not create a religion about himself. Christians R realizing this & its not new.

3. profile image52

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! Message STILL SAME! I didn't have to "research!" HE "revealed" to me!  There is now therefore NO CONDEMNATION to those "IN CHRIST JESUS..." (Rm8:1)! New Covenant=GRACE="I will remember there sins NO MORE" (Jer31:33-34)!
      +Not new!

Not same. That verse reads completely different now that the Paul controversy among Christians is in play: "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus (your christos) has set you free from the [pagan] law of sin and of death." Research.

5. profile image52

Paul was JESUS talking (Acts1:2)! There's no "Paul Controversy" to those "IN CHRIST" for JESUS & Paul "SAME" (IICor5:20) for he (Paul) "operated in Christ's stead!"  Hold on to you hat! Much more to tell!  Create "forum!"

Close, but no cigar, LoL! Why do you insist that you're so much different than Christ or Paul? How can you possibly be made of any other kind of 'metal' than they were? God is NOT a body, yet we are made 'in his image': our ETERNAL soul/christos/KoG

7. profile image52

Paul WAS murderer! Not LIKE CHRIST - "UNTIL" (Listen) "WORD came to him!"  Same w/us!  We "MUST be born again" as Paul! 
      STOP "LYING" to peeps telling them "We "ALL" like Christ!  You are confusing "a spirit" with "THE SPIRIT" & don't have "UNTI

8. Misfit Chick profile image75

I'm not lying to them, I'm pointing out UR wrong over & over again. LISTEN: And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. KoG is within. YOU are Gods: NO SEPARATION b4 death.

9. profile image52

Well if they're IGNORANT enough to believe JESUS is A LIAR; it's on them for HE SAID "TRUE WORSHIPERS "MUST" (Did you hear?) "MUST" worship in Spirit and in Truth!" Keep telling them to "research" & to use their "brain" (flesh NOT Spirit)! UR wro

10. Misfit Chick profile image75

Even putting those verses side by side did nothing for you, huh? Jesus didn't lie - he was talking over 300 years b4 bible was pieced together. We can TELL what's fake by things like Mithras Prayer, Imperial Cult, massive executions, etc.

11. profile image52

What doesn't make sense is U? If KoG in ALL why do we need FAITH?  FAITH in what if we're Christ-like?
      O how u'd like for this LIE to be true so u can keep on doing what u're doing (I Cor 6:9-10)! 
      I KNOW!
      Why do we need to "INHERIT" the KoG?

13. profile image0
    Rick Myresposted 7 years ago

You asked so here is my answer. No matter if a person lives a good life doing good by helping others or what good is done in life.  Without Jesus nobody goes to Heaven.

1. profile image52

AMEN!

Jesus taught the Kingdom of God is within, Christianity has taught God as being separate. When Jesus spoke the I AM sayings, he was using the name of God, I AM. I AM is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, not Jesus. He was the revealer of 'the way'.

3. profile image52

NO!  RELIGION (aka Catholic)taught God as separate!
      Catherine! That's what I've been saying ALL "ALONE" & no one BELIEVES "JESUS "IS" GOD (aka "I AM") & SAME SPIRIT who "fills the heaven & earth" (Jer 23:24)!
      Yes,"revealer of "the way" J

You insist on Catholic & Protestant perspectives that we are separate from God UNTIL we 'believe in' Jesus - that's religion. "Is it not written in your law, I said, YOU are gods?" What WAS Jesus really trying to get across? WAY more amazing!

5. profile image52

In next  vs (25) HE was trying to get across "whom the word of God came" (BELIEVE)!  Why does "Word of God" have to come if ALL "gods?" READ ALL! Not "religion," but WHAT JESUS SAID!
      An Atheist has to 'believe' no GOD, why don't we have to 'BELIEVE'

'Word of God' came in form of CHRIST-man Jesus to give humans a glimpse of themselves beyond their current physical reality: pagan religions that enslaved their minds (not souls). 300 years later, Rome twisted J's REAL words to unite pagan empire

7. profile image52

SAME THING Paul (and I) preach! WORD=JESUS (aka GOD) who told us we have SAME POWER but ONLY if "the WORD come to us" (aka BELIEVE)!
      IF "in all" why Jesus cast our demons? Why 10C's? Why "we must be born again?"Why Adam disobeyed & became unlike

When U say "but ONLY if" that means its NOT same. I explain all those details in my spotlight hub that you refuse to read for good reason: it blows your C-beliefs out of the water. If I was still afraid like you, I wouldn't/couldn't read it, either.

9. profile image52

See how u don't care IF GOD "CALLS" one or not!  Didn't HE say "the Word has to come to one?"  Give me one that was NOT "CALLED" by GOD?  Until then GOD is NOT in us!  Also you don't believe there was Abraham? FAITH in what IF already Christ-like?

10. profile image0
      Rick Myresposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have seen and read opinions all over the Internet  that Jesus is not God. But none have given clear answer on why they say that. God is all three in one persons, God the Heavenly Father, God the Son Jesus, and God the Holy Spirit.

11. profile image52

Mr. Myres, GOD is a SPIRIT who operates in MANY "GLORIES;" simultaneously IF He desires! If not, how could He be in all Believers; To refer to HIM as 'a person' belittles HIM(Rm8:8)! HE is ONE SPIRIT who splits all over(Jer23:24)! DON'T LIMIT GOD!

12. profile image0

Norine, I am not sure what you mean but God is Spirit not a Spirit. There are many other spirits and those spirits are called demons.

13. profile image52

Mr Myres, I'm just "quoting Scripture!" Jn4:24 "God is 'a' Spirit..." I know HE'S 'THE SPIRIT;' THE ONLY SPIRIT that matters to "TRUE WORSHIPERS"(Jn4:23)!
      Read I Cor Chptr 12; especially v12 "and so is Christ!"  MANY "GLORIES" yet "SELF SAME SPIRIT"

14. profile image0

Well sorry,  but you have no idea of what discussions I have run into with people who pose as born again Christians then  I find they are not. As many call themselves Christians and are far from believing. One even said he was just playing me along.

15. profile image52

"The Trinity" has MANY confused! GOD is "WHAT" HE IS, the HOLY SPIRIT is the POWER(Acts1:8) returned (Jn14:26 "IN MY NAME) to HELP us but "JESUS" is HIS NAME (Phil2:10) whose NAME "every knee shall bow!"
      Rev1:8 "AlphaΩbeginning & end"=JESUS!

16. Kiss andTales profile image59

They could not destroy all evidence , Jesus and his disciples carried their own copies. That is why you have scrolls and artifacts found in caves. These have the truth written in them. The Jews lost Gods favor the reason they fell in power 70 CE

17. profile image52

K&T Why do u CONTINUE to DEFY GOD?  Did HE not SAY *HE* would lead & guide us?"Is IT NOT WRITTEN in NWT? Why then do u go on about "scrolls, Heb & Greek," etc? 
      "Neither is worshiped w/men's hands (research), as though HE needed ANYTHING

14. Jose Luis Sabau profile image56
    Jose Luis Sabauposted 7 years ago

I believe that it is not who or what you worship but rather how good of a person you actually are. The idea of a haeven represents an award to whoever was good enough to earn it. With hell it works in the opposite way, whoever was evil enough ends up burning on the underworld. The issue in this situation is not the concept of heaven or hell, but the rules imposed by religion which sometimes seem to rigid to be true.

If there is a God I believe he must be far superior from all humans, both spiritually and intellectually. Sending a man or a woman to hell just for denying his existence contradicts the forging nature which identifies God. I believe that, in a way, it is a matter of forgiveness.

The only thing that matters is that you are certain of your beliefs.

1. profile image52

Find a book that has as many "fulfilled prophecies" as the Bible & then tell me "it is not who or what you worship but rather how good of a person you actually are."

JESUS is not "rigid" IF you obey HIS "LAST" command;"WAIT"(Acts1:4) for HIS HEL

Jesus is long overdue, there are no fulfilled prophecies - only more twisting of fear to create dire belief-lies that manipulate. What Does The Book Of Revelation Really Mean? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/greg-care … 68906.html

3. profile image52

NO PROBLEM!  Hell & damnation DOESN'T EXIST for BELIEVERS who are "IN CHRIST!" 
      We don't WORRY or FEAR! 
      SO?  How does 'FEAR' in Revelation apply to those who are "IN CHRIST?"
      You believe "history," and I BELIEVE GOD (WORD)!

Is this going to be like the Mithras Prayer you can't explain? Keep ignoring it, N. Its the only way to keep belief-lies in place: fear & ignorance. What Does The Book Of Revelation Really Mean? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/greg-carey/revelatio.

5. profile image52

I "KNOW" GOD speaking DIRECTLY to 1 OUTWEIGHS any IGNORANCE! Jer31:34 "And they shall TEACH NO MORE every man his neighbor.." bcuz (Acts 1:2) "HE gives commandments via HS unto those chosen" by "putting HIS laws in our hearts & minds" (Jer31:33)!

Bible verse, blah blah, verse after verse blah blah blah, can't think for myself, blah, going to hell if I do, blah blah, can't believe I was born good, blah blah BLAH, can only experience Spirit thru bible peephole, blah, I worship bondage, blah.

7. graveyard-rose profile image72
      graveyard-roseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I love the fact that Norine WIlliams trolls religious comments and write hubs in response. Nice gimmick! LOL I was looking at all the comments out of curiosity and I think Norine has trolled them all. Anonymous picture with strong and damaging words.

That's our girl - yup, writing hubs in response to arguments she can't win is her way of 'confirming' the now-questioned but impressive knowledge stored in her head that doesn't jive with the debate. All 'bad' leads to 'good'. She HAS a purpose. smile

9. graveyard-rose profile image72

lmao.. and this is why i followed you.. btw checked out ur website... pretty good!

10. Misfit Chick profile image75

Thank you! My website is very neglected. I seriously need to get back to it. Following you, too. Norine & I have been having this conversation for a while and know each other fairly well - & LOVE each other, believe it or not, LoL!. smile

11. graveyard-rose profile image72

LOL Well, it makes for some interesting reading, that's for sure. I should be doing laundry but I got into reading the comments between you two. lmao

12. Misfit Chick profile image75

Now that I know how life really works, its fun. I know I frustrate her - she does me sometimes, too. Its how people come to realize any truth: banging heads together thru knowledge. Its how I started to question things. I used to BE her. Scary! smile

13. profile image52

U all go on "trying to figure out" as do ur forefathers re: evolution or creation while I continue following the "lead" of the HOLY SPIRIT & see who ends up with "REAL" TRUTH!  What's scary you FEAR creating a forum for REAL discussion.  Why?

14. Misfit Chick profile image75

I don't feel a 'real forum' is necessary bcuz *I* already know your side. I could argue it for you. YOU are confused & clueless about what I know - which means, we don't have a common frame of reference to discuss beyond spurts. Read my hub, firs

15. profile image52

"AFRAID" of TRUTH; are you?  Keep "researching" & you'll ONLY find HALF TRUTH which is NONE!  GOD (aka HOLY SPIRIT) is the ONLY ONE who has REAL TRUTH! 
      Now call that "A LIE!"

15. graveyard-rose profile image72
    graveyard-roseposted 7 years ago

I have asked the very same question to those who are religious. I will offer up my last $5 if the person needs it, give a ride to someone in the rain, etc. Anything I can do to help someone else, I do it out of love and kindness. Now, on the flip side, I am not religious. I get the same answer most times, and that is, "God knows what is in your heart." So, the answer to this question in my opinion is that if He is real, then those who lead a good life have a place in Heaven without a doubt.

1. Misfit Chick profile image75

Right & in fact, 'evil' souls also go to heaven cuz 1) sin has a different purpose than most know; 2) hell doesn't exist, 'heaven' is only place for our life energy/soul to go. We R spirits having a human experience - not other way around. smile

2. profile image52

JESUS SAID "If you love me KEEP MY COMMANDS"(Jn14:15) like HE SAID "the KoG is w/in u" (Lk17:25) "but 1st I must suffer"!  Why believe part? Ex: The Good Samaritan!  We must EXCEED his righteousness (Matt5:20) which can ONLY be done with HELP!

Nope. You don't know the true scope of Jesus' commands bcuz your brain is convinced ONLY your verson of the bible - as it has been misinterpreted by Christians for several accidentally-human reasons - is right. Spotlight hub 2 more complete info.

4. profile image52

Nope! U don't know JESUS' Message "I will remember there sins no more" (Jer31:33-34) by "GRACE"(Eph2:8-9) "full of GRACE & TRUTH" (Jn1:14)!
      You make GOD SAD! HE DIED for "We are FREE Message" ("GRACE") & *u* doubt HIM (WORD; "lead & guid

5. Misfit Chick profile image75

Again, Jesus did not die for THAT tired, yet another 'only son of god' 'savior resurrect for sins' Mithras et al crap. He died to SAVE people from those specific PAGAN LIES that put them into spiritual bondage. YOU insult him by NOT questioning them.

6. profile image52

GOD came "in flesh" (ITim3:16)to set us FREE from EVERYTHING via GRACE (Eph2:8-9)! U can say "fm pagan lies" but that's not all! We are FREE fm ALL just like Christ AFTER "the anointing" (aka "born again;" aka the CONNECTION)! Religion w/o=BONDAGE!

7. Misfit Chick profile image75

Again, Jesus did not die for THAT SAME tired, yet another 'only son of god' 'savior resurrect for sins' Mithras et al crap. Christians currently believe the same message Jesus was trying to save past pagan's from. Talk about sacrilegious deception!

8. profile image52

Are you "the antiChrist" (IJn2:22)? You sad there is EVIDENCE that JESUS was here yet say HE's not 'the Savior?"  Didn't you say HE "saved from pagan lies?" Then HE'S "Savior!" 
      Case & Point: CONNECT! Scripture testifies of Itself! LIES "reveale

9. Misfit Chick profile image75

Technically, he did save peeps from pagan lies for the 1st few decades (disciples & Paul helped) or so after he died while his message was still fresh & correct. It was later when Rome's pagan leaders twisted their beliefs in to unite pagan m

10. profile image52

I don't worry because I have experienced the HOLY SPIRIT "reveals" but you have DOUBT making you UNHOLY!

11. Misfit Chick profile image75

We've talked about your unholy judgments, Norine. You're not the only one who has profound spiritual experiences & your obtuse insistance to force proven untruths meant to divert the attention of God's children is just a trick of light. Research.

12. profile image52

How does this "trick of light" give dreams, visions, foretell future, heal, laying on of hands, etc? How can "trick" REVEAL errors in Scripture?  How can "trick" take away unrighteous desires?  What's closer to righteousness RELY on GOD or "research?

13. Misfit Chick profile image75

Dreams & visions are only 'proof' that you have a brain. LOTS of non-religious peeps experience them from their personal persective; and 'unrighteousness' is a pagan concept that God doesn't even SORT of acknowledge. We were taught sin is wrong.

14. graveyard-rose profile image72

Norine...What does the bible say about judgmental people who think they are right and are not open for interpretation of ancient words written before our time? What does it say about putting yourself above others? Just curious! wink

15. profile image52

MF: Do they dream what's in Bible & u didn't know was there; then dream fulfilled? There's a diff btwn "we" (in Christ) & we (not)! We (not) are taught "sin" via 10 C's! "We" have NO SIN! 
      Grv: Google "Is It Right to Judge?"
      "Thorn in flesh!

16. Araaz profile image61
    Araazposted 7 years ago

There is a huge difference between praying and believing.Likewise,there is a difference between declaring and practicing religion.God exists regardless.God helps the sinners too ,then why will He punish the good people just because they don't believe in him.The goodness inside a human is also a trace of faith no matter how much he declare himself as an atheist.

1. profile image52

Just as the Children of Israel "provoked" & was grieved 40yrs; they BELIEVED NOT & COULD NOT ENTER BECAUSE OF "UNBELIEF" so it is with us! "WORKS" (doing good) will NEVER 'save!'  One "MUST" BELIEVE & let *HIM* (HAVE "FAITH") do as HE SAI

God doesn't punish - that is a concept from many manmade religions. God can only create & see good cuz 'bad' only exists in this temporary learning realm to inspire 'good' desires for our soul to 'grow into' either in this life or after body dies

3. profile image52

U can believe what u like but GOD doesn't "wink at ignorance" after HE came & died(Acts20:28)!  One MUST BELIEVE! JESUS was GOD in flesh & you said evidence HE was here! HE DIED! HE only ask u to show LOVE by obeying commandments(Jn14:15)! 2m

J was God in the flesh & so R we. THAT was his real message: we R like him. He may even have died bcuz someone nailed him to a cross 4 trying to teach peeps the reality of their existence: but not to save already-safe, eternal souls from 'sin'.

5. profile image52

We ARE NOT " already-safe, eternal souls" if we don't BELIEVE & "put on CHRIST"(Gal5:27)! We ARE NOT born that way(Ps51:5)! The world wouldn't be "fluffed up" if that were true!

I don't know what you mean by 'fluffed up' LoL! We R 'already-safe, eternal souls', THAT was Jesus' original message: you don't need Mithras, you don't need Apollo, you don't need to sacrifice animals: you're just like me: God in the flesh. smile

7. profile image52

You're confusing "a spirit" ALL have with "THE SPIRIT"  I am NOT "just like you" bcuz "I BELIEVE" which means TOTALLY "relying on GOD!" They w/held half the Bible, what makes u think they didn't w/hold TRUTH to create mess & release only HALF TRU

"what makes u think they didn't w/hold TRUTH to create mess" DUH! That's what I'm saying. You still have it in your head that you NEED to believe obvious lies twisted into J's story to unite pagans - is somehow ALSO 'the truth'. Makes no sense.

9. profile image52

I already KNOW they did to gain time to confuse peeps like you who do not RELY "TOTALLY" on "revelation" fm GOD! GOD "KNEW" this too, & why we should "WAIT" for HIS HELP or will run amuck like you! TEST
      TRUTH is WORD! Paul told u! Gal1:6-9!

17. joyce kariuki profile image48
    joyce kariukiposted 7 years ago

Yes you will go to hell no matter how good you think you are. Before you throw a fit let me ask you one simple question.
    By whose standards do you think you are good? By your own, by other people or by God's?
    You see when God created us he made us perfect and gave us free will, the right to choose. However human beings have a sinful nature. If you don't believe me let me ask you just 3 questions.
    1. Have you ever told a lie (even a white lie) in your life?
    2. Have you ever stolen anything (even downloading music that isn't yours) in your life?
    3. Have you ever committed adultery (the bible says that even by only looking at someone with lustful thoughts in your mind is committing adultery) 
    Out of these, how many charges are can you honestly say you are guilty of?
    God gave 10 commandments and his standards are based on these commands. So it doesn't matter how good you think you are.As long as you break any one of these commandments, you will face judgement.
    Some would ask, "but if God is an all loving God how can he judge you for something so small and send you to hell?" My answer is if God is an all loving God, how can he not judge you even for the smallest offense and not send you to hell? I'll use this example.
    If a rapist or peodophile was to stand in a court of law and face charges, would he be acquitted for the good he has done. No! He would still have to answer for the charge of rape and defilement and sent to prison. It is the same case with God. No matter how good you might think you are, you still have to answer for the commandments you have broken and be sent to hell. 
    But God in his infinite love provides a way out. Humans beings messed up because of our sinful nature but God still loved us. What he did is he sent his son Jesus Christ, a man who was blameless, to die and take our sins with him. It is like you being charged in a court of law and someone else comes and takes the blame for your crime. That is what Jesus did on the cross. He took all our sins and died to save us.
    The only way to avoid hell is very simple.It is not being good because you are bound to fail in this. It is simply accepting Jesus and submitting to God. It is not being religious, but it is following the one who will set you free. " For God loved the world that he gave his only son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16.) There is only one way to heaven and that is Jesus Christ.  God Bless!!

1. profile image52

Herein lies the problem "...submitting to God!" 
      We want to be "THE VINE" when JESUS told us "we are the 'branches" (Jn15:5)! When we "humble ourselves" (IChron7:14) to HIS WORD & RELY "TOTALLY" on HIM for "guidance," HE does it ALL(Jn14:23;Heb4

Cuz out of dozens of comments, this 1 hasn't been made yet, LoL! People really should read thru some other stuff b4 responding so Norine can stop seeing this as her own personal salvation soapbox. Even peeps like this need 'saving', right Norine?

3. profile image52

You just can't "submit" can you CAT?  The ONLY WAY "ye are gods" is AFTER you "submit" to THE FATHER (not your father) according to II Chron 7:14! 
      Every heard of "REPENT" (turn to GOD=FOR EVERYTHING)?
      Stiffnecked!
      I Cor 2:1-16! And u have urs

I've heard of everything U have heard of - the difference being, I now know the truth about life & death & how our christos is our direct connection to God from the day we are born - no 'belief in' Him required. Impossible for us to be separa

5. profile image52

Tell me an Atheist (example) has the "SPIRIT" of GOD!   
      U said "U have to "CONNECT!"  How are they "CONNECTED" to One they don't believe exists if "belief" isn't necessary? 
      You CONTRADICT yourself! 
      II Cor 2:10-14!
      You're LIMITED!

I'm not contradicting myself, read my hub. We're born perfectly 'connected' and remain perfectly connected throughout life: no 'belief in' ANYTHING is necessary cuz we are NATURAL expressions of Source: God's real children in his christos image.

7. profile image52

As w/the electric company; the wire (spirit) is there, but UNTIL 1 believes (not Atheist) they don't "flip the switch" to "CONNECT!" 
      I've had many tell me "There's no God, so there's no hell" not knowing they've a "switch to flip!"Until=NOTHING

18. LeslieAdrienne profile image69
    LeslieAdrienneposted 7 years ago

Religious affiliation is not the criteria for getting into Heaven, having a personal relationship with God is the ONLY criteria.

The only problem with your logic is that neither you or I make the rules, and our "logic" is fallible. The things that John Smith and John Doe are physical things....they are works and, the Bible says:

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

Salvation is not contingent upon what a person does, it is sole based upon the condition of one's heart. The sin that sends men to Hell is not a sin of evil works, it is the sin of being separated from God. The only way to fix that is to receive Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.

No matter how much we wish there was another way, there isn't.

That is thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thine heart that God has raised Him from the dead, thou shall be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10

1. profile image52

How does 1 "receive J as personal Lord & Savior?"
      Don't take Rm10:9-10 "literally!"
      U can't just believe there is a  GOD & GOD "has raised Him for the dead!" 
      "For w/the heart man believeth [ALL of HIS "rightly divided WORD]...unto salvatio

Wanna get close to God? Stay present (ALL of your energy, attention, intentions, etc.) & think on whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report. If there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

3. profile image52

Why do you ONLY quote what you want fm the Bible?  If LIES entwined, only "good parts" TRUE? GOD is NEVER angry when HE destroyed w/water? WORD LIED (Heb13:8)?  HE doesn't have feelings like us(Heb4:15)?

If God ever destroyed with water, there was a reason: to cause the expansion of souls living here. The reason for 'bad' things is ALWAYS to INSPIRE DESIRE for GOOD. Desires are the 'heart-energy' materials that God creates 'good' in our lives from.

5. profile image52

"The reason for 'bad' things is ALWAYS to INSPIRE DESIRE for GOOD."  PRECISELY!  Justification for "HELL!"  "TO INSPIRE DESIRE for GOOD" but WHO CARES when one is "IN CHRIST?" 
      You worry about "wrong thgs!" 
      So,"RE-CONNECTION" to THE SPIRIT ONLY!

19. carlmarx profile image58
    carlmarxposted 7 years ago

My question is have you seen heaven?
    Have you seen god?

If yes please give evidence. If not than sit quietly.
    All this shit is created by human being. What's a problem if a person do not want to follow any religion or god.. Be kind to everyone, love everyone, care for your family. No need to showoff you are are spiritual guy, believes in god.
    Just do your KARMA, stop worrying about haven and god.

1. profile image52

Matt 28:19 "Go ye therefore & TEACH ALL NATIONS" does that sound like disciples of Christ are to "sit quietly?" 
      You "sit quietly" & watch "As the stomach turns" & try to figure out which "rocks you'll beg to fall on u"(Rev6:16) when JES

2. carlmarx profile image58
      carlmarxposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You are a follower of Christ, you are believer of god not me.
      You beg rock to fall on u, i don't need to beg.

3. profile image52

U didn't get here by yourself & u won't leave by yourself (talking spirit)! 
      Your CREATOR will return & you will be SHOCKED!
      U can "pretend" there's no death too, but it's inevitable as well!

This is where Norine & C-fanatics enjoy a power trip: making sure people are aware of incorrect, fear-based beliefs that they are DOOMED! Nope! We're not 'bad sinners' NONE of us are: we're eternal souls in temporary body 4 soul expansion. NO TES

5. carlmarx profile image58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GScdUIYXglA
      check this video out who follow god..

Not a bad video, but this is the one that addresses the deception of 'the ultimatum' of salvation: "You Send Yourself To Hell" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaJgLBoB_Pw Here you go, Norine. smile

7. carlmarx profile image58

Check this video. This will explain my point accurately what is God.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODetOE6cbbc

8. profile image52

CM:  John 10:36-38!
      MF:  Did u watch video?  Do u see who u are in agreement with - Satan?
      I Cor 10:21 "You can not eat @ the LORD'S table & Satan's!"

No can watch vid? Imagine: I put a gun to your head & insist you 'believe in me' or I will shoot you. You bow to my will so I won't kill you. How much 'free will' was involved in that situation? Control thru fear  is only reason for 'salvation'

10. profile image52

Reverse that thought: Imagine "obeying" & obtaining HIS POWER (raise dead, heal sick, prosperous, FREE etc) in this life w/NO WORRIES of "hell,' 'salvation' or ANYTHING else!  "Woops!"

11. Misfit Chick profile image75

Now that I clearly understand what J was teaching, I know we already have our own POWER to be FREE of death, sickness & there is no damnation. Hell is where Mithras & other 'saviors' sent their 'believers'. J's message was MUCH more powerful.

12. carlmarx profile image58

Catherine Mostly: To whom you are refering "J's" here IN (J's message was MUCH more powerful)..

13. Misfit Chick profile image75

J = Jesus. His original message that is twisted with pagan dogma is so much more powerful & freeing than the imposed belief-lies stolen from previous 'saviors'. J was 'just a human': simply 'enlightened' as we can CHOOSE to become or not.

14. profile image52

"Simply enlightened" (aka "born again"Jn3:7) is ONLY when we "CHOOSE" to BELIEVE (Jn10:38) in HIM!
      Scripture WILL NEVER "LOSE MESSAGE!" 
      Jesus Christ WAS NOT "just a human" but GOD "in the flesh" (Jn1:14;ITim3:16)!
      STOP "LYING" to peeps!

15. Misfit Chick profile image75

No lying, Jesus WAS 'God in the flesh' JUST like we are! No pagan 'salvation' of Mithras needed. tinyurl.com/MLKjrStudy READ! Martin Luther King, Jr. STUDIED & KNEW how Mithras was twisted into Christianity. BRAIN + SPIRIT leads to TRUTH.

20. KatyWhoWaited profile image83
    KatyWhoWaitedposted 7 years ago

No I don't believe non-religious people who lead a good life are going to hell, nor do I believe that religious people who lead a bad life are going to hell, nor do I believe that ANYONE is going to hell because hell, to me, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  To  my way of thinking,neither heaven, hell, purgatory, limbo or any other state exists.  The blind acceptance of matters of religion do dishonor to our species.  Even Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to his nephew advising him about religion said, "Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear",

1. profile image52

Then provide a book with as many accurate fulfilled prophecies written before Bible as Bible?
      What did you "wait" for Katy?

2. profile image52

Believe "Thomas Jefferson" over your CREATOR? 
      Where does your "blessings" come from?
      If your belief "no heaven or hell," then provide a book with as many fulfilled prophecies written before Bible as Bible?

There ARE NO 'prophecies' fulfilled in bible, only far-reaching erroneous perceptions of them. Revelations is NOT about the 2nd coming of Christ. Research! If we didn't have our eternal memories erased, we wouldn't BELIEVE that we are human beings.

4. profile image52

Dear heart, u have "a spirit" CONFUSED with "THE SPIRIT" of CHRIST!  MOST "proclaimed" Christians are not "CONNECTED" either but have "a spirit" as do Atheists!  Believing WRONG is SAME! Yes, eternal memories there due to "a spirit" not "THE SPIRIT

You believe people are separate from God. You were taught this by your Christian teachers who believed it, also. It is one of the most harmful things EVER done to this planet: lying to peeps about the reality of their ETERNALLY WORTHY existence.

6. profile image52

If we're not "separate fm GOD" in unrighteousness (who is HOLY so u can't be w/HIM), then there is no Satan nor unrighteousness! What?
      You will stand before the judgment seat of Christ for most harmful things EVER done to this planet: lying 2 ppl

No lying, just a little more truth finally. God is Holy, Jesus is Holy, Paul was Holy, WE are Holy - unconditionally, no 'belief in' The Father required cuz we ALREADY KNOW Him AS Jesus: we just don't remember, yet - like he was able to & taught.

8. profile image52

IF "unconditionally holy" then NO Satan or unrighteousness huh? FOOL!
      Until u get that "stinking Catholic thinking" out of ur head that Jesus is another person fm GOD, u r "CONFUSED"!
      "ONE SPIRIT" (ICor12) who "manifested Self in flesh"(ITim3:16)

No Catholic thinking, N - LISTEN! I've NEVER said that 'Jesus isn't God'. What I'm saying is that Jesus came to SHOW PEOPLE that we are EXACTLY LIKE HIM: God in the flesh. No need for ancient pagan 'salvation' of God thru Mithras OR Him NEEDED.

10. profile image52

We DON'T "disagree" cuz we are "EXACTLY" like HIM; LISTEN:  "IF" we BELIEVE to "activate" HIS POWER!  Atheist are NOT going to "activate" THE POWER cuz they DON'T BELIEVE which leaves HIM "paralyzed!" 
      HE doesn't FORCE HIMSELF on ANYONE(Josh24:15)

21. The Indexer profile image81
    The Indexerposted 7 years ago

What annoys me are the people who go around telling others that they are "condemned" unless they go along with the religious claptrap that is being peddled to them. Worst of all are the "faith without works" brigade who are convinced that they are "saved" through being "chosen", whereas others - the "unchosen" - will go to Hell however morally they live they lives.

If people want to play religious games, they are are perfectly free to do so, but please - if this means you - stop imposing your absurd and pernicious ideas on people who do not deserve to be the objects of your diatribes.

1. Misfit Chick profile image75

*applause* I would pick this as the new best answer if I could. I'd add, it isn't good to have inferiority complex like, "you're born unworthy" - its not good for YOUR heart.  There is no condemnation, you KNOW this. Listen to undo the twists.

2. profile image52

We ALL have "choice" don't we?  Either u "RECONNECT" to your CREATOR or remain where you are!  You'll find out 'in the end' when we stand before the judgment seat of C who was RT!
      But remember "GOD'S HAND IS STILL STRETCHED OUT" (Isaiah)!
      Blessings

I'm sure you find the fatalistic idea of God's judgment to be validating & isn't it FUN to point the finger & tell people, "God's going to punish U for making fun of my beliefs!" Not gonna happen, N. That is a Mithras concept U have embraced.

4. profile image52

Do u believe "The Flood?" Heb 13:8 says "JC is the same YESTERDAY, TODAY & FOREVER" & if HE killed then, HE'LL kill NOW! GOD doesn't *change* man does w/IGNORANT 'ideas' "trying to figure HIM out!"  "CONNECT" & let *HIM* "lead u into "ALL

'The flood' is another story that was told in other cultures, in the same way other saviors b4 Jesus had similar stories. "The Influence of the Mystery Religions on Christianity" by Martin Luther King, Jr http://tinyurl.com/MLKjrStudy

6. profile image52

Just saying, IF u believe GOD is the CREATOR, what "other stories" could have come first?  Man 'held back' TRUTH to create stories to confuse IGNORANT people & they BELIEVE to makes them NOT BELIEVE GOD was FIRST! 
      U "took the bait!"NO HS "guide

That doesn't even make sense, Norine. There were LOTS of other cultures & religions developing on this planet - not just Judaism & Christianity. Bible is not only book with a creation story - and other stories that are similar. HS is my guide

8. profile image52

Just saying, I BELIEVE!
      HOLY SPIRIT doesn't LIE & IF HE'S "guiding u," HE'S "guiding" AGAINST HIS WORD which says *HE* would "lead & guide!"  Does that make sense?  If HE "guides" AGAINST HIS WORD, HE'D BE A LIAR & we BOTH know, *HE* "gu

22. shamyat profile image59
    shamyatposted 7 years ago

Of course, because they Khalqo to worship God Almighty did not Akhalqo to rest and enjoy the pleasures of this world Armageddon

1. profile image52

Do you mean "because they desired to worship God Almighty & did not desire to rest & enjoy the pleasures of this world will result in Armageddon?"

23. abidingtwiggy profile image58
    abidingtwiggyposted 7 years ago

Thats tremendous.........................

1. profile image52

What?  TRUTH?

24. SkaChild profile image62
    SkaChildposted 7 years ago

The question pre-supposes that I believe in a religion, probably mono-theistic (islam, judaism, christianity), along with precepts like good/evil and heaven/hell. Billions of people don't follow this type of religious belief. And I would argue that for these people, like myself, there is no hell to go to. If you believe in Hell, then you accept that this is a possible destination for you should you transgress or not adhere to the rules. So, in my humble opinion, non-religious people cannot go to hell.

1. profile image52

Non-religious people weren't just "farted from stars" but 'created' by GOD! 
      If u created a robot; u would expect it to report to u!  So it is w/GOD & u WILL eventually report to your CREATOR!

Let's start at the beginning in Genesis, HOW God IMAGINED our world then gave it to Jehovah to CREATE. He created US to continue co-creating thru & with us: http://newthoughtlibrary.com/fillmoreCh … og_005.htm Forward is info

3. profile image52

ALL SPIRITUAL! Gave it to Jehovah? JEHOVAH IS GOD! IIPet3:8 "One day is as 1K thousand yrs" [w/GOD]! Yes, we're "in HIS image" cuz we have "a spirit" to CONNECT when RIGHT "CHOICE!"GOD doesn't "make us" "CHOOSE" HIM! Do u 'make' ur kids when grown?

Read links I leave or remain ignorant while I keep pointing out your flaws. We could not BREATHE without KoG WITHIN ALL.Fentons translation of Genesis 1:1 "By periods God created that which produced the Suns; then that which produced the Earth."

5. profile image52

BREATHE? Yes we became "a living soul" ('mind, will & emotions to "CHOOSE") & "man" chooses what makes happy=EVIL; USUALLY!  Why GOD had to come HIMSELF(Ezk22:30)! GOD "waits" for us to come-WILLINGLY; not MAKE us come! Did HE 'make' u come?

God made us EXACTLY like him by 'breathing life' into us. THAT is our KoG within. Jesus came to SHOW people the 'christ-part' of themselves that WAS ALREADY (at that time) just like his: but they didn't know it cuz PAGAN lies put minds in bondage.

7. profile image52

I AGREE! "BUT" we MUST "BELIEVE!" Atheist have IT too but don't ACTIVATE via UNBELIEF!  Do we agree?
      ONLY able to obtain AFTER THE CROSS (Lk17:25) AFTER HE "sent" or CAME BACK as HOLY SPIRIT! Not "born" w/HIS SPIRIT but BELIEF/"WAIT"=CONN
      I Pet3:19!

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." Christ is ALSO 'in heaven'. His SPIRIT remains in heaven WHILE he is 'in the flesh' - original message of Christ: BORN like him!

9. profile image52

For the KIZILLIONTH TIME there is ONLY "ONE" SPIRIT who FILLS THE HEAVENS & EARTH=Omnipotent in DIFF "GLORIES!"(Jn3:31)Not "Born like HIM"(Jn3:7)! Why couldn't disciples heal if KoG in them;they BELIEVED! No POWER until AFTER THE CROSS(Acts1:9)!

10. dancergirl238 profile image71
      dancergirl238posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hell is described very symbolically in the bible. For me, hell means "without God." So if you want to live with God, live for him. This world is a Godless society. It's a whatever you think is fine, kind of thing. Does the world really operate well? Can you say it's fine the way it is? If so, fine. But if not, then what is the problem? Why is there so much suffering? The answer is this. There are evil people in teh world. Do I want to live with evil people when I die? NO WAY. So there has to be a place for people that have no desire for God. This earth is completely Godless. Just something to ponder on..... What would separate good from evil if there wasn't more than one place? Imagine a world without terrorism.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If no one wants to live with evil people, they're likely to be living alone for everyone has their own concept of what is evil.  Either accept some "evilness" or be very lonely.

What separates good from evil is the concept in every single person's mind; don't forget that those terrorists are doing God's will and are thus hardly evil.

25. David Branagan profile image75
    David Branaganposted 7 years ago

NO! As my grandmother once said to me when I was about 10 years old, "You don't need to go to church for God to love you or to go to Heaven, you just need to be a good person and help people". Religion is man made. Love is God. Have love in your life and be good and you will go to Heaven.

1. profile image52

Natural love is not GOD'S LOVE (AGAPE)! Could you love someone who killed someone you loved?  IF you BELIEVE there's a GOD, you MUST BELIEVE on HIS Son; JESUS(aka WORD)!  "Assemble yourselves"(Heb10:25)! "Being good" won't get to heaven. Atheist are

1. dancergirl238 profile image71

Amen!

Shut UP, Norine!! Get OUT of this question or I will BOMBARD you with more logic that you can't handle while the good people who continue to read this continue to make & alter spiritual realizations & decisions. Go start your own damn questio

3. Damian10 profile image61

Let us try to be nice that is God's real way.  God loves us enough to provide Jesus.  Without Him none of us stand a chance.  It is pure grace and only grace.  The ONLY way to the Father is through the Son!

AMEN well put.

4. profile image52

WoW CAT! What have I done? Tell him u can;t "be good" as some Atheist are & make it in? UNTIL u believe the Holy Spirit "leads & guides" you DEFY SCRIPTURE! 
      You're right Damian "GRACE!" 
      Go "STUDY" Scripture vs "science"CAT!

My intention IS to defy your STUPID brainwashing book - and thanks so much for the extra push, Damian. I guess this is where I need to be: keeping this question on TOP of HP's site while continuing to correct Norine's belief-lies. Spotlight Hub is ON

6. profile image52

CAT: If I believe LIES so do u!  U "CONNECTED" then Something told u; LIES! SO *YOU* set out to find out thru "SCIENCE" whereas *I* "LET THE SPIRIT LEAD ME!"U're not there yet! IF there is GOOD (GOD), there is EVIL (Satan)! Up/down;cold/hot! CHOICE!

Again, God created you with a brain AND Spirit for a reason: so you could use them both while you're down here. God is ENERGY, not a 'man-person' sitting on a literal throne, somewhere. Human beliefs including religions R only relevant to humans.

8. profile image52

NOTHING in heaven is "carnal!" HE SURE ISN'T a "man-person" sitting beside HIS "Big daddy!" There is ONE SPIRIT which is HOLY & IF we want to RECONNECT we MUST attain HIS SPIRIT! We disagree we are just like HIM w/o BELIEF,NO RELIANCE on HIM!

There is only 'reliance on Him': as we learn how to become the CREATORS we were meant to be. Jesus showed people thru miracles 'how to do it' & we are JUST like him w/KoG CONNECTED. Roman pagan beliefs were OLD. Jesus taught REAL truth beyond lie

10. profile image52

IF KoG in disciples & they were JUST LIKE JESUS, why couldn't they heal sick, raise dead BEFORE "The Cross"(Lk17:25)? 
      Why Jesus say "You must be born of water (mama) & Spirit (HS) or can't enter KoG"(Jn3:7)?

Why?

11. Ivan Tod profile image61
      Ivan Todposted 7 years agoin reply to this

norine said; "Could you love someone who killed someone you loved?"
      Job did, didnt he? so i guess it's not impossible. unless that story is fake too.
      "God is energy"  I like that, Catherine. So how do you think that fits in with the 'heaven' idea?

12. Misfit Chick profile image75

Heaven certainly exists bcuz we return to our natural 'just like God' FULLY-REALIZED state of 'being' when we die. We R eternal mini-Universes, divine models 'in the image' of God. If you scroll down in my spotlight hub, you'll come to that info.

13. profile image52

U ever heard of "Opposites; up/down; heaven/hell?  Unless one BELIEVES you'll find out!  CAT Why do you keep referring to your HUB as *my* "spotlight HUB?" If you're working for GOD, shouldn't u give HIM "THE GLORY?" Pride?
      Q:Why couldn't disciples

26. Ransom Ezhim profile image72
    Ransom Ezhimposted 7 years ago

My opinion based on my knowledge of the Christian religion is this: Yes they would still go to hell. The question you'd have to ask yourself is what does "good" mean? The Bible says only God is good. In this case, it makes the issue of leading a good life, yet being non-religious questionable. There's no true good outside God and so every Christian lives a good life because of his dependence on God to make him good through Spirit. You may be charitable, kind and all that but what saves people from going to hell is not being good but their belief in Jesus as Lord and Savior.

1. profile image52

Not "questionable," IF we "OBEY" (Jn14:15)! HE told us to "WAIT"(Acts1:4) for "HELP"(Jn14:26) of HOLY SPIRIT to "lead & guide us"-IF we BELIEVE! 
      Yes, ONLY "through HIS Spirit"(Titus2:11-12"TEACHING") IF we've "WAITED" (Acts1:4)! 
      Then Rm3:22;2

Is 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." God is all things including 'good' & 'bad' - JUST like us. We are his kids as much as Jesus. What parent requires 'belief'? None, not

3. profile image52

'Tho HE "created" evil (+*ALL*) HE IS NOT "EVIL" as 'man!' Comparing GOD to "just like man," is BLASPHEMY! Is45:8 "...let the skies pour down RIGHTEOUSNESS..." Is57:15"..I dwell on a high & holy place..in order to REVIVE the spirit" Why?

You are RIGHT, Norine! Ding, ding ding! God can only create good cuz that's all he is; BUT he uses 'evil' to inspire good. If you're sad, you DESIRE to be happy; if you're sick, you DESIRE to be well. This is the purpose of 'bad' & 'evil' things.

5. profile image52

Therefore, we are NOT "just like HIM!"  We "DO" evil! Ur "theory" has already been proven wrong cuz disciples couldn't heal until HS sent why Lk 17:25 HE had to FIRST "suffer" & send (Jn14:26;16:13)! ONLY WAY like HIM "WAIT" (Acts1:4)!
      Merry Xmas

Disciples were healing & casting out demons LONG B4 the HS was supposedly sent. They were not able to heal until they could believe in the TRUTH about themselves & everyone else: That we R just like Jesus. It was easier for them since they ha

7. profile image52

"But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of GOD, then the kingdom of GOD is come unto you" (Matt12:28) JESUS TALKING!  Why "come" IF "in?"
      ONE "MUST" BELIEVE" or KoG not "ACTIVATED!" Until BELIEF, not like JESUS!   
      (vs31-32) "BLASPHEMY!"

27. Brians Review profile image63
    Brians Reviewposted 7 years ago

This is a purely philosophical question that assumes there is a Heaven and Hell. Believing in neither, it's impossible for more to make predictions on what, most likely, doesn't exist.

1. Kiss andTales profile image59

Brian very interesting answer, but let's look beyond our planet
      Earth, there exist heavenly space ,as where the sun, moon,stars hang. There are countless stars not discovered, but they exist. You are right about hell, but we look up into heavens

2. Brians Review profile image63
      Brians Reviewposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Kiss, I am looking beyond our planet. The heavens, in the secular term, are what you described, the moon, the planet, and the stars. I certainly believe in the reality of our existence in a vast universe. My reservations are with the religious ideals

3. Kiss andTales profile image59

Brian my point is you say there is no Heaven , Heaven is a location as we know it as space that contains the luminaries , religion is about God or gods of worship, you may doubt religous belief, but you can not in what is the moon , stars , sun .

You make no sense, K&T. What does the moon & stars have to do with heaven? They are as 'real' as we are, which makes them easy to believe in.

5. profile image52

Yup!
      MF, go answer my Q "What Does it Mean to be "Born Again" (Jn3:5-7) & why did Jesus say If not, "...he cannot enter into the kingdom of God" (v5) if KoG ALREADY IN US?

6. Ivan Tod profile image61

being 'born again' means absolutely nothing to sane sensible people, but I'm sure it means a helluva lot to you, norine.

7. profile image52

I'm glad you're "sane & sensible," Ivan! 
      Now when you're on your death bed, see how much all of that "sanity & sense" will get you!  When you're ready to enter into the Spiritual world (and you will), then what?

8. Ivan Tod profile image61

I'm already in heaven here with my family & being on my deathbed won't change my mind about anything because I'm okay with death as its a NATURAL course of ALL living things. only fools believe they can beat death by sucking up to any so called g

J said U can't enter the KoH without being 'born again' BEFORE he actually died. In same verses, "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." When did J's spirit split off?

10. profile image52

I: U say that NOW; but wait!
      MF: J's Spirit NEVER "split!" I've been saying there is "ONE" Spirit all alone; so NO "TRINITY" (aka "Persons" when Spirit?)!
      How do u get "born again" CAT? And w/o; NO KoG! Why we have to "SEEK" (Matt6:33)!
      Mk15:43!Dan7

11. Ivan Tod profile image61

what about enoch, Catherine. the bible says that because of his righteousness god took him. and what about the saints? according to the bible they're already in heaven.

28. Dog Redeemer profile image39
    Dog Redeemerposted 7 years ago

If you don't except Jesus as your Lord and Savior. You will go to hell. You must be born again!

1. profile image52

Tim!  Answer my recently posted Q:  "What Does It Mean To "Be Born Again?"

29. dancergirl238 profile image71
    dancergirl238posted 6 years ago

The Pharisees often did good "works" and prayed long prayers in the streets for the praise of men. They were so called "Christians." Jesus stated they were carnal and did not even follow the law of Moses which they preached. They would not make it to heaven. I am a Christian and I cannot profess to know who will make it to heaven and who won't and wouldn't DARE take on the role of Judge, I have my own sinful nature to keep in line in the hopes that I make it. But i know that if you KNOW God and deny Him, then you probably won't make it.  But, if you believe in Heaven and Hell, you probably believe in God since the bible teaches about heaven and hell. That,  or you  are seeking answers to questions, so my challenge is to ask God to show you the truth. God searches the heart, aand will judge by that. It is by faith that we are saved. A person can give money to every organization out there, and have the worst heart. Maybe only doing it

1. Ivan Tod profile image61
      Ivan Todposted 6 years agoin reply to this

"Stockholm syndrome, psychological response wherein a captive begins to identify closely with his or her captors, as well as with their agenda and demands..."   

"...Psychologists who have studied the syndrome believe that the bond is initially created when a captor threatens a captive’s life, deliberates, and then chooses not to kill the captive. The captive’s relief at the removal of the death threat is transposed into feelings of gratitude toward the captor for giving him or her life. As the Stockholm bank robbery incident proves, it takes only a few days for this bond to cement, proving that, early on, the victim’s desire to survive trumps the urge to hate the person who created the situation..."

The bible is rampant with such godly "threats" to the lives of the people. And just think, the so-called "believers" have been exposed to such treatment for millennia! It's no wonder they get so heated when someone brings doubt into the equation.

"...The survival instinct is at the heart of the Stockholm syndrome. Victims live in enforced dependence and interpret rare or small acts of kindness in the midst of horrible conditions as good treatment. They often become hypervigilant to the needs and demands of their captors, making psychological links between the captors’ happiness and their own. Indeed, the syndrome is marked not only by a positive bond between captive and captor but also by a negative attitude on behalf of the captive toward authorities who threaten the captor-captive relationship."

Just say something negative about god and you'll see this "negative attitude" quick and in a hurry!

Nothing more needs be said, other than the hostages of god and religion need to wake up and break free of the greatest Stockholm Syndrome effect ever.

An atheist becomes very angry when the topic of God comes up as well. I am in no way forced to serve God. I choose to willingly. If someone threatened your child you would become angry as well. Someone with as carnal mind cannot understand things of the spirit. It will be a consistent struggle until the end of time when everything is made known. I could absolutely be wrong .... but what if I'm not. If I am wrong about God, everyone is fine. If i am right....then you may have missed out on the most important thing of your life. I don't get angry with anyone who doubts God, it's easy to doubt God in the world we live in. I simply challenge a person to pray, and study to find out for themselves. My God doesn't tell me to kill people or hate. Man made religion is a big problem in today's society. There is a very evident evil in this world and it says do whatever you want, don't live by any morals it's easier that way.

"If someone threatened your child you would become angry as well.:"

What if the person threatening your child is god? What would you do then? God has been known to not only threaten the lives of children by telling people they will fight with wild beasts over who will get to eat their children, but he sent the israelites on missions of genocide which included the killing of any children the israelites didn't keep as slaves, and he curses people for 12 generations, which means EVERY child in the lineage of the cursed person will be effected for over 100 years! Are you angry about that? Or is that another one of those "god works in mysterious ways" things that the faithful simply accept? Did it ever occur to you that the so-called "evil" in the world is simply a matter of perspective, as apparently things like genocide and killing children seemed to be an okay means when it came to satisfying gods' desired ends. Many millions of people pray every day and yet their lives are still very difficult, so I would ask what is the problem? These people obviously "believe" and have faith and yet, nothing. I think what you call "doubt" in god is really a matter of people believing there is no god at all rather than them doubting god is who he says he is or can do what he says he can do. And evil, as it were, has its own morals. And not all believers in god get angry with atheists and not all atheists get angry with believers when the topic comes up but there are zealots on both sides.
          Finally, morals are where you find them. Each society and religion has its own set, adhered to by some and ignored by others...it's called being human.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Canaanites … ation.html This is a good article to explain your question. Do you believe Hitler should have been killed for his injustice? If you could foresee how evil Hitler would become, and what he would do to so many lives, would you rather he was never born or died before he got the chance to destroy so many people? God knew what would happen if an evil people survived..... Not unlike today....the only difference is that God doesn't put his hand in now it's up to us. We have armys of people that fight for our injustices now.  We are responsible for the evil of today, mens decisions. We could argue it endlessly, but we no longer live in the dispensation of law either, we are now in the dispensation of Grace. JESUS God gave us his son to be sacrificed on the cross. The law of moses simply pointed out that we could not beat sin on our own. This world is NOT what it was meant to be. This world we are born into sin, that is why there is so much terror. Not because of GOD because of You and Me. Sinful people that without God, we cannot proclaim to be righteous and make a ton of errors. Look at politics it's not perfect. God didn't promise our lives would not be difficult, he promised that after this life, because of Jesus Grace, we would live with Him forever without pain or suffering. But when you pray for God to be in your life, and trust Him, he will always bring you through things. This world is what life is like without God, but you can choose to have God in your life and that makes a difference.  There is so much more out of God's word you are missing. You aren't seeing past the cover, and one bible story, it's like spiritual building blocks. I can see that you must have sought out some things for yourself in the past, and maybe something or someone burnt you. The problem is that some Christians can turn us off God because we are imperfect people, the idea is to let Jesus show you who God is, not man.  But....that is my opinion and in the end your own choice no one can force you.  and God gives us a choice to either choose him or not to choose him and live our own way. Yes there are bad christians and bad atheist absolutely AGREED!.  But, unless you have the mind of Christ you can't understand the things of the spirit. You can study the bible to death and you will not understand it unless you have the spirit of God in you, and that takes a certain transformation. Much like the pharisees in the bible. Jesus could explain things until he was blue in the face and they would not get it because they were in their own head and their flesh even though they shouted righteous long prayers that were for show only. Much like some tv preachers. There are good and bad ones. Heck I believe Satan sits in the front seat of the church just waiting to pounce. But he knows his destiny....he only has a small amount of power on this earth, whatever we give him. Yes God does work in mysterious ways, we cannot possibly understand God and put him in a box. Doesn't work that way. I don't understand all of it, but I know that God is love. Man made religion is the problem of terrorism today. We have wars today. Do you not think people in third world nations aren't getting killed for the sake of freedom here in America?   This could be argued to death, and in the end we each are on our side of the fence. I don't hate anyone who believes differently and everyone has their own doubts and reasons etc, but in theory, we know two things to be true on both sides. There is EVIL in the world, and there is GOOD. I refuse to believe there is no God, when there are miracles all around us even in the midst of tragedy. I have seen people healed with my own eyes, marriages restored, a deaf person could hear again. Jesus is still working today, but only if we let him.  Watch the Case for Christ it's a really good movie. Or God's not dead 1 and 2. Or don't, but  I'm just going to end this by saying GOD LOVES YOU regardless of your doubt and unbelief. I know this because he loved me while I was a sinner. And hopefully one day you will see it and maybe you wo'nt. This world is not perfect, don't you think there has to be something better? Or do you believe that we die and that's it. There is a hope. I won't reply anymore I think this has been discussed to death lol Sorry if I have offended you in anyway shape or form, I guess we wouldn't be human if we didn't share our opinions. But before you completely drown out God, take a minute to be honest with Him. Yell at him even! Scream at him and tell him how you feel about him, ask him why.... you will get the answers you seek I can promise you that.  He will never get angry with you, God loves the doubter, because it means you are honest about seeking the answers & everything and not just accepting some belief for the sake of it. And he rewards those who diligently seek Him. Take care.

"This is a good article to explain your question."

I asked what YOU thought about god being directly responsible for the killing of children, not what an article can explain. But since you pointed it out, I'll respond with this:
              Article excerpt: "God did not order the extermination of these people to be cruel, but to prevent even greater evil from occurring in the future."
              So, I guess the causation for gods actions is to prevent the very thing he is doing (genocide) from occurring in the future. Isn't that the exact same mindset of todays muslim extremist terrorism? To kill the infidel before they can kill the muslim? I'm sorry, but the idea of killing to prevent killing is simply absurd, regardless of whether it's extremist muslims or god who proclaims the mindset. But then again, like father, like son!

"Do you believe Hitler should have been killed for his injustice? If you could foresee how evil Hitler would become, and what he would do to so many lives, would you rather he was never born or died before he got the chance to destroy so many people?"

I believe that ALL people conceived should be allowed to live. Given the right circumstances in life ANY one can turn into a terrible person, even you and I. It just so happens that our circumstances effected us to the contrary of where hitler's circumstances led his psychology. And actually, Nostradamus DID foresee Hitler and his killing machine, why didn't god?  And why didn't god kill or order hitler's killing knowing what he would do on such a large scale (though not quite as large as the russian genocide against the jews, that you never hear of)? Perhaps the jewish people fell out of favor with their god once again.

" God knew what would happen if an evil people survived..... Not unlike today....the only difference is that God doesn't put his hand in now it's up to us."

So, now it's up to "us"?  Sounds like rationalization to me.

"We have armys of people that fight for our injustices now."

I just don't see the justice in killing women, children and elders like the 700 plus thousand civilians that where killed when george w. attacked Iraq. And in case you haven't noticed, the armies of "today" go out and invade and kill for things like oil, pipelines and subverting sovereign foreign governments not rightiousness.

"This world we are born into sin, that is why there is so much terror."

Or, this world has so many gods and religions, to which they ALL claim that their god is the one true god, that the god ideology IS the problem. And where was this god before the jews were held by the egyptians?

"Heck I believe Satan sits in the front seat of the church just waiting to pounce."

"Satan", is an office head title not an actual being. The morning star, better known as "lucifer" is the being that holds that title. Most are totally unaware of this. And I can say that lucifer is definately NOT sitting in any church. As this is esoteric knowledge I don't expect many people to know about it.

"There is EVIL in the world, and there is GOOD."

How do you know? As what is evil or good is a matter of perspectives held in various societies and religions. For instance, killing homosexuals is a "good" thing in Iran, unless, of course, you are a homosexual in iran. It used to be a good thing amongst christians at one time as well. So, the "good vs. evil" thing is relative to your positions held.

"I'm just going to end this by saying GOD LOVES YOU regardless of your doubt and unbelief."

I thank you for that...And it's a good thing that he does or else he may have me killed.

"I won't reply anymore I think this has been discussed to death lol Sorry if I have offended you in anyway shape or form,"

You haven't offended me at all. I do however, believe that both sides of the picture should be presented in order for a better understanding. Like, if everyone was vegetarian how would anyone know how good meat tastes! lol! At any rate, open discussion from all sides is always best, no matter what the topic. Since you stated you will no longer respond, I respect that and so, have a nice day!

30. Jomine Jose profile image72
    Jomine Joseposted 6 years ago

Isn't it interesting, God's power is proportional to the development of science and medicine. In ancient times god couldn't heal leprotics and had to banish them, now god can cure them.....
    God saves, provided there is a doctor nearby.

31. Jessie L Watson profile image66
    Jessie L Watsonposted 6 years ago

stupid question

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)