Why do so many people REFUSE or FIND IT DISCONCERTING to realize that they're CO

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (43 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 10 years ago

Why do so many people REFUSE or FIND IT DISCONCERTING to realize that they're CO-CREATORS with God?

Many people view religion as merely and/or blindly following the respective rules and dictates of a particular religion.  They give their power away to a minister, priest, and/or other religious figure.  What they refuse to realize that they are co-creators with God or a Universal Force. They have the power and means to create their life as they wishes. They do not have to depend upon a religion nor religious authorities to dictate to them as to how to LIVE their lives.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8513806_f260.jpg

2. kess profile image61
    kessposted 10 years ago

Each fruit ripens in its own time in its own season to fulfil its own purpose for its existence.

Like a perfectly working clock, no click is out of time...

It is the same with men.

3. word55 profile image71
    word55posted 10 years ago

I think we are sub-creators to God. He created the world all by Himself. We create things from nature or that He had already created.

4. d.william profile image74
    d.williamposted 10 years ago

Perhaps the main reason is that our religions teach us from the time we are born until our demise that we must worship God or be punished for an eternity for not doing so.
    It is true that we are all part of the Universal Oneness in a sense, and are all equals in that spiritual realm.
    But there are limitations to man's ability to be "co-creators" and rightfully so.  When man interferes with nature and trying to second guess the wisdom of the Creator it has disastrous consequences and should not be allowed to happen. 
    Example: man's tampering with natural nourishment sources by genetically "modifying" them is dangerous, and implying that the Creator has made some kind of error in supplying those nourishment sources for all of humanity.
    The second example is when man makes certain plants created by God, illegal to grow, or use, it is an affront to His intelligence.  Through recent discoveries it is found that marijuana can in fact cure cancer.  But man's greed will stop its use for personal gains.
    Everything God has created has a purpose and man has no rights in making judgments against those creations out of ignorance, or personal gains.

1. masseyken101 profile image56
      masseyken101posted 10 years agoin reply to this

The Master that I know and love would never sentence one of his children to an eternal life in some burning hell.

5. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 10 years ago

The foot is the lowest part of a man. The brain the highest part of a man. The man cannot walk without the foot. Which part is more important, the highest part or the lowest? Well for walking it is the foot and for thinking it is the brain.
    But neither part is full and whole without the other part.
    How could I exist without my wife? How could I exist without my children?
    Well, this "I" could not.
    How can "my" God exist without me to think of God? Without me there is no "my" God. God needs all of us. All of us need God.
    For the very smart brain to deny that he needs the God??? Well then the brain does not need the foot either. So be unwhole! My God will still love you.

1. cam8510 profile image91
      cam8510posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Bravo!

2. cat on a soapbox profile image95
      cat on a soapboxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

very good answer smile

3. cam8510 profile image91

Good choice gmwilliams

4. grand old lady profile image83
      grand old ladyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Nice one:)

6. WiccanSage profile image89
    WiccanSageposted 10 years ago

My religion isn't orthodoxic or revealed, so it isn't about just following rules or accepting beliefs blindly. It's orthopraxic; personal gnosis is ultimately achieved through one's own efforts to find answers.

I don't believe in creation; I believe nature exists-- the sub-atomic building blocks of the universe are simply there, shifting and changing forms.

If there are Gods, they were probably products of nature as well.

I believe we have the power to shape our lives and our own perceptions. I don't see that as being God-like though; I see it as part of being human.

Well said.

2. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wonderful clarity here. Thank you.

7. Brie Hoffman profile image61
    Brie Hoffmanposted 10 years ago

Because it's not true..next time a friend of yours dies..see if you can bring them back to life!

1. lone77star profile image72
      lone77starposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What is faith good for if you don't use it?

8. cam8510 profile image91
    cam8510posted 10 years ago

I believe that the question and comments of gmwilliams deserve some consideration by people of faith.  Certainly he is correct in saying that some follow the dictates of their religion, pastor, priest etc without question.  Many do think for themselves, but are still believers in a particular religion. 

Do we have the power and means to create life as we wish?  Do we have to rely on religion and religious authorities to dictate to us how to live? 

It seems to me that most religions have some concept of freedom of choice.  We can use that to seek good ways to live.  Some of those good ways are found in various religions.  Some people find those good ways outside of religion. 

In any case, these people could be said to be creating, along with God, good lives for themselves.  I don't think we need to get bogged down in literal definitions of words such as "create."  We all have the freedom to make choices for our lives, both good and bad. 

Does God frown on people who make good choices for their lives?   As for me, I think He smiles at every good decision.

1. Reizach profile image61
      Reizachposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Excellent comment to an excellent question.  For me:
      "When I do good, I feel good.  When I do bad, I feel bad.  That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln
      Beauty in simplicity.

Reizach I never did hear or here that. Thanks. Cam, I am beholding to such fine thoughts offered me for free. Thanks

3. radixwatch profile image61
      radixwatchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing a good thought, and I'm totally agree with you. In fact we cannot even define how "Our Creator" think and see us.

9. abbaelijah profile image74
    abbaelijahposted 10 years ago

Because they cannot see the attribute of God in themseves

10. profile image0
    Sri Tposted 10 years ago

There is a saying "not two". It seems that not many people are brave enough to see it or say it. There always has to be a "God and a god." A few eastern philosophers will say there is only one. Jesus said, I and the Father are one. Psalms said know ye not that ye are Gods. I guess when people see weakness in themselves, they cannot claim to be a God, or "the God".  What they don't realize  is they don't know how to unleash the full power. You have to know how. There is secret knowledge and there are bits here and there in some religions and cults. People have been programmed to be human. If the power of the true "God" is awakened and unleashed, the whole illusory, hypnotic power structure of the government and the church would be detroyed. Nobody could be controlled. Now we can't let that happen can we? Better to suppress the secret knowledge. Who would bother working if they had miraculous powers?

11. PoeticFailosophy profile image55
    PoeticFailosophyposted 10 years ago

You should make a YouTube  series out of your questions. You could reach a wider audience.

gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, how SWEET.

12. Reizach profile image61
    Reizachposted 10 years ago

Oh, I love this question!  Though probably not for the reasons that others do.  I don't pretend to know any profound truths, but asking good questions can bring oneself closer to self-knowledge in a very Socrates sort of way, so here it goes.

I have found for myself that it is paramount that each person answer this for themselves as honestly as possible and keep answering as they travel through life. It is up to each of us to determine the values that they hold dear, as the only thing a person owns in life is the time they are given, so spend it how you think is best.  If you find solace with a church and its congregation and it fills your soul then it is time well spent.  If you can find the wonders of the universe in everything around you and it pleases you, then that sounds wonderful.  If you are chasing answers to questions and look everywhere for them, it is not time wasted...unless...you yourself consider it so.

To answer the question why do "...They refuse to realize they are co-creators with God or a Universal Force?"  I don't think it is any different than one religion wondering why another religion just doesn't see the light and realize they are wrong.  I read an interesting quote once, which I love:

"The remarkable feature of physical laws is that they apply everywhere, whether or not you choose to believe in them. After the laws of physics, everything else is opinion."
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson, Astrophysicist

I marvel at our species ability to form infinite thoughts and string them together into endless combinations.  Listen to what others have said then choose for yourself.

Wonderful, spiritual answer if there is one.  A thousand applauses indeed!

13. John Sarkis profile image82
    John Sarkisposted 10 years ago

Depending on whom you ask.  I was discussing the great philosopher Spinoza with a friend - here you have the case of a Christian, with pantheist views.  Having said that, Spinoza may have been saying this to disprove Cartesian theories about the external/internal world as interpreted by our minds.  Furthermore, as a Christian I don't like people saying that we think of God as an old man in the sky.  God made us in His own image - could be metaphor, don't know?  Only when we come face to face with our creator will we ever know His purpose and not before.

14. svenster profile image59
    svensterposted 10 years ago

My personal opinion is it makes some people uncomfortable to think that who they are and what they can become is largely between them and god and that there is great potential in this ie. it's possible though not necessarily true at that moment that we can become co-creators with god.

Deferring to a certain religion or pastor or teacher etc. takes some of that perceived "pressure" away and allows us to be more passive in our relationship with god. We live in a society where many aspects of our lives can be managed by paying for another person to take care of them for us. For example we hire accountants to manage our money, hair dressers to make our hair look good, plumbers to fix our plumbing etc. This is all fine, but we've allowed this notion to creep into our religious and spiritual views so that now we sometimes quite literally pay or "hire" a man or woman to manage our relationship with god and tell us what we ought to believe. This is decidedly easier and more "efficient" than going through the careful self reflection and time consuming and emotionally trying soul searching that comes with defining our own relationship with a higher power.

You say "they have the power and means to create their life as they wish" I say this means if our life isn't how we want it then thats largely on us. However, we don't want to put in the work and time to fix this so we sometimes pawn the responsibility off on others as a means of justifying what we consider a weak relationship with god.

Strong answer, svenster.

Great and I renew my vow to never take money to preach. Thanks for the lesson.

3. cam8510 profile image91

Eric, I took money for preaching for seven years.  Never again.  People don't need to be spoon fed by a professional, spiritual nanny, they need to fix their own spiritual food and feed themselves.  Unpaid folks like yourself can help when needed.

4. Ericdierker profile image45

Mano o Mano I love it when my phone don't ring. But when it do, I am a happy man going to give freely. A death the other night kind of rocked me. I reckon I will put it in my tool belt and learn. But I would rather sweet dreams and staying at home.

15. IDONO profile image61
    IDONOposted 10 years ago

Maybe I'm not sure I'm understanding the question, but what the heck.
         I say it is impossible for us to be a co-creator of anything. The definition that I've learned about the word "create", is to make something from nothing. Everything we have ever discovered, invented or developed has always had some sort of a foundation to begin with. Even if that foundation is only a need. Even cartoon characters are spawned by something before  it's inception. Maybe that's a word we confuse with create. Even the example someone gave about genetic engineering, even though good, was a result of years and years of scientific advancement, which was motivated by a need; by a source of knowledge; by innovation itself. We, as God's creations, were given the ability to grow. But there has to be a seed. There was no seed when God created us.
         I guess, without making a whole new discussion on someone else's question, this is why there is such a divide between Christians and scientists. A divide between "creation" and "evolution". But even evolution states that we started from something, whether it be the Big Bang theory or the one cell organism. Belief in God's creation says we came from nothing.
         The lives we grow into always has a basic starting point. That may be something deeper than education, income, beliefs of people we grow up with. But every decision we make is based on something we learned somewhere along the line, even if it was learned subliminally.
         Can we make a life out of ruins? Yes. Because the ruins were something before they were ruins. Can we create a life out of nothing? No. Only God can.

16. jdm832002 profile image61
    jdm832002posted 10 years ago

Why does one believe that everything in the bible is factual? It was created millions of years ago and yet each person in the bible has a different story to tell. So why would you take it and live by it? Its like this, I told my friend that something happened, and then my friend told another, and another, and another. Before you know it, it been said to many people all with different versions and now multiple it by millions of years later. Don't you think it would be distorted? Not only that, it was written in a different language and then put into English. Who is to say that what's in the bible is what actually on the walls. Religions dwell on a dead person, not on the intent he once had. He wanted to grow this land and the people and make changes for the good in the earth. All we've done is destroy it and continue to do so, while religion still makes people believe that they can keep repeating their negative behavior and keep getting "Saved". This part drives me nuts. Religion= zero accountability=no change in earth=more negative people just like the religion.

17. profile image53
    shona-09posted 10 years ago

I think your bad characteristics or sins are the ones which hide the word of God in within yourself or what you understand about  God because God never told us to act in a bad way that's his enemy.

18. Ranveer Bhatia profile image60
    Ranveer Bhatiaposted 10 years ago

What is God? How do you define it?

I am sure we all have our own definition or thoughts to define what God is.

The definition of God has been redefined end number of times since the early stage of human race. We have evidence of animal worship during the time of stone age which is also known as The Paleolithic age, then with time human brain becomes more complex and we have created a more complex definition of God. Then the concept of Omnipotence - one almighty power has come some where between 800 AD - 1000 AD. So what God is today, it is us who have created it. More precisely it is our brain that came with more complex formulation of what god is with time.

Now my perception is even if God Exists or if there is any almighty power behind all this, or it is just The Nature, it is not possible for the human brain to find out the truth, because we are itself a part of the race or the system whatever you'd like call it, and to solve this paradox our brain has to have something which is greater than the Nature or Equivalent to God or The Almighty.

I think still most of us don't think rationally as far as this discussion is concerned. So if we don't like to be driven by some religious head, priest or somebody like them then we have to start thinking rationally or else it will always be like this, as it was and it will be. We have to start asking questions ourselves before to believe in something whether it is right or wrong, then only we can say that we have made progress in true sense.

19. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 10 years ago

GM, at the heart of your question is the most important topic in the universe.

Something in us is a co-creator, but there is also a pretender -- a liar who isn't. Telling the difference is the crux of God's creation of Homo sapiens. These human bodies were a major tool for the rescue mission to redeem His children.

God created us in His image and He is not Homo sapiens. God is non-physical, spiritual, timeless (immortal) and a creator. And that's what we are.

The human body is the most obvious part of us. The next most obvious part is the ego -- the "I" which is separate from the whole. This is the part that Jesus referred to as "first" that will be "last." This is the seat of selfishness.

I have been without ego in my past, but only for mere moments of bliss. Each of those times, miracles happened. One of those times, I could see without human eyes, and could think without the human brain. This was the everlasting life of which Jesus spoke -- the continuity of consciousness not dependent upon the physical.

Some people are not smart enough to figure things out. Others are too smart for their own good and think they have it all figured out. It takes humility and a hunger to know more to make progress. We cannot stand in one place and expect to find salvation. The path is narrow, but many insist in taking only one step and then sitting down, thinking that they have already arrived.

There is a great wisdom hidden in the Bible that is unavailable to those who think they know it all already (arrogant) or are unwilling to dig for the spirit (lazy). The biblical literalists feel that the Bible should be simple enough for anyone to understand. If salvation were for the lazy, perhaps they would be right. But Jesus taught with difficult-to-understand parables -- not easy lessons for the lazy literalist.

There is a timeline in Genesis compatible with those of mainstream science -- an old universe that is billions of years old.

http://thebibleshiddenwisdom.com/

1. choosetolive profile image72
      choosetoliveposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well said

2. gmwilliams profile image84

All intelligent people knowt that the bible was written as metaphoris to be interpreted figuratively.For example, when Genesis stated that God created the world in seven days, it was a metaphor for the evolution of life forms, resulting in humans.

3. lone77star profile image72
      lone77starposted 10 years agoin reply to this

GM, evolution? I think it meant something else. As a software engineer, we use classes (templates) and objects (finished creations). Rest perfects a creation, just as the Sabbath is the day of perfection. Evolution is implied in the resting.

20. masseyken101 profile image56
    masseyken101posted 10 years ago

There is no doubt that we are co-creators with God.  It cannot be otherwise.
    People who are uncomfortable with this concept were taught Christianity at an early age and cannot accept that we are 'Masters of our own fate'.  Once realized and accepted people then know there is not an external God.  Their hero, Jesus supposedly made a statement 'I and the Father are One'.  It cannot be otherwise.  We human beings are a part of the whole and were never separated from God and never could be.  The Universal Spirit fills every cell of our body and is closer to us than our own breath.  Get over the myths of the bible and find your true inner self.  He but waits!! God is all Love, all Wisdom and all Power.  Become acquainted with him, the Master within and you will need no external sources for peace, joy, love, health and total euphoria.  Live it, Love it.  Be happy.

Beautiful answer indeed!

2. Brie Hoffman profile image61
      Brie Hoffmanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This is a complete and utter lie that will do you much harm if you believe it.

3. masseyken101 profile image56
      masseyken101posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Brie I have been on a Spiritual path of greater enlightenment for 46 years after evolving away from the 'old time' teachings I was exposed to as a child.  Knowing and embodying the above beliefs has provided me a life of total bliss.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)