If you heard a voice speaking to you telling you to do something. Is it God or I

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (211 posts)
  1. clivewilliams profile image74
    clivewilliamsposted 8 years ago

If you heard a voice speaking to you telling you to do something. Is it God or Insanity?

How does God speak to you? What's the difference between a highly respected religious person saying God spoke to him or a man saying he hears voices and being locked away in a insanity ward?

2. profile image0
    Snakesmumposted 8 years ago

In my opinion, neither.   It could be your conscience though - that quiet little voice which tells you what you're about to do could have consequences!

1. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"Choose!"  (Joshua 24:15)! 
      Either good or evil - "consequences!"

2. clivewilliams profile image74
      clivewilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

true

3. fpherj48 profile image60
      fpherj48posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Clive..As 2 UR Ques to Eric (above)....I know you can READ, Clive. U needn't ask what he did....READ it!  The man intentionally & repeatedly harassed me & argued w/ my knowledge. I simply will not allow this or let him get away w/ bullying!

3. Austinstar profile image84
    Austinstarposted 8 years ago

How would you know? If you were insane, you might think it was a god. If it really were a god, you might think you were insane. Since no one knows what the gods sound like, how would you be able to tell the difference?

1. profile image52

"Since no one knows what the gods sound like, how would you be able to tell the difference?"  Jn 1:1 "The WORD was GOD" so we "know what HE sounds like!" 
      Therefore, if "Voice" aligns w/WORD, it is GOD!

2. Austinstar profile image84
      Austinstarposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Norine, please go away. You don't make any sense with your bible quotes.

4. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 8 years ago

It depends on your interpretation of God,which is probably the most profound concept you'll ever be able to 'not quite grasp.'   Despite this, you will feel, in some way, that you're now in contact with something or some being far greater, more loving, more compassionate,more understanding than you know your own self-image ego self to be.

You won't be able to work it out with your mind so don't even bother trying.  Silence is the answer here.   When you realize your true identity is consciousness itself, you'll be quite a bit closer to understanding the correct answer to such a question.

1. profile image52

Yes, "you're now in contact with Something...far greater, more loving, more compassionate, more understanding than you know your own self-image ego self to be!"
      "Be still" & listen & know that HE is GOD" (Ps 46:10)!

But doesn't psychopath get that same feeling?

3. Ericdierker profile image46
      Ericdierkerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It is my understanding that they do not Clive. They are incapable of love and compassionate feelings. But maybe a schizophrenic? A remember just being insane would not prevent the hearing of God.

4. Austinstar profile image84

But, Eric, being insane would definitely prevent one from knowing the difference.

5. Ericdierker profile image46

Austin I think there are a lot of misconceptions about certain illnesses. Many hear voices (want them to stop) and know it is not real. But the voices are there nonetheless. Most never act on such voices. (not good for TV)

5. Oztinato profile image76
    Oztinatoposted 8 years ago

One of the clues is if such inner feelings result in love, peace and universal prosperity.
    If an inner impulse causes hatred, violence and poverty for others we can be sure it's insanity.
    In other words you don't need to be Einstein to know the difference. Only an atheist bent upon insulting religious minded people could possibly get "confused" about it. Any bells ringing? ?

1. profile image52

AMEN!

Suppose God orders you to kill? how would you know that it isn't him or the devil. God has ordered men to kill before, right?

3. Ericdierker profile image46

If the voice in my head is love, it could still be I suffer from insanity and hear God. What if you were so crazy that you just went around loving everyone and everything.

4. Oztinato profile image76
      Oztinatoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Clive/Eric
      my answer already fully answers both your comments. Please read it again if you have time.

5. profile image0
      LoliHeyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Always test the voice up against scripture.  God will never tell you anything contrary to it.  If the voice does, it is not from God.

6. Jay C OBrien profile image64
      Jay C OBrienposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Oztinato, you got it right! Remember all these feelings are a projection of ourselves.  We are all connected to one another at another level. We are to renounce negative voices/feelings and strive for the positive. Research Near Death Experiences.

7. Sgt Prepper profile image59
      Sgt Prepperposted 8 years agoin reply to this

In Luke 10:18 Jesus said "I saw Satan fall like lightning from on high."  According to Strong's Hebrew Lexicon BARAK O BAMAH means 'lightning from on high'.  But that was only God's Son talking.

8. Ann810 profile image49
      Ann810posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Lolita that's very true, good idea to compare that voice with scriptures. REMEMBER God speaks through individuals also when He want to talk to you, that's the beauty in knowing when it's Him talking.

6. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12959701_f260.jpg

If I heard a voice telling me to brutally sacrifice my son, then I should assume that this is the voice of God. Precisely because we know that these are the types of things that God has told people in the past, and have been documented. I would know, in fact, that I am not insane, because Abraham, the great prophet, was definitely NOT insane when he laid his son on the alter and proceeded to slaughter his own flesh and blood.
    God loves us all so much!

1. Austinstar profile image84

I think that is THE way to go when determining if it is god or insanity! What is the voice telling you to do, eh? Oh, wait, no, you still probably couldn't tell the difference between an insane god and your own insanity. What was I thinking?

2. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 8 years agoin reply to this

1 Billion people agree with me. So u know that if 1 billion people believe something, it's gotta be real! So to be on the safe side, I'm gonna give God the benefit of the doubt. We walk by faith...

3. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Geittrite, I thought you were joking, but... That is exactly why the church burns people at stake, drowns them, etc. I hope you are writing satire. I can't tell.

4. Anita Hasch profile image60
      Anita Haschposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It was a test. And God stopped Abraham in time. He did not slaughter his son

5. Misfit Chick profile image75
      Misfit Chickposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The very 'fact' that a god would ask such a thing of anyone shows how much 'god' valued children. They are barely mentioned in that thick book. Plus, wouldn't god KNOW the heart of Abraham? Some tests are indicators.

6. Kiss andTales profile image60
      Kiss andTalesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Misfit God value children when Allowed them to be born even when their parents had scared and damage their future of living forever.If he did care about their children we would not be having this conversation. And again satan is a god too by deceit.

7. Misfit Chick profile image75

We are all gods - no different than either 'god' or 'satan', just still in the process of developing and/or escaping from the matrix. Staying present in the moment eventually brings an 'awakening' bcuz you are staying 'connected' to your Source (God)

8. getitrite profile image71

Yes, Miz Bejabbers, It is SATIRE!  It's obvious just how insane these beliefs are, and the abject immorality of the brutal human sacrificing of ones own son, requested by an ALL KNOWING deity, to TEST the faith of his favorite person. Psychotic!

9. Misfit Chick profile image75

I'd guess you're a fairly new 'unbeliever', getitright. We get MAD about being manipulated and lied to. But, we're also like former alchoholics who RAGE against the harm of booze after they clean up. The baby does NOT go out with the bathwater. wink

10. getitrite profile image71

No I'm certainly not a new unbeliever! I started becoming somewhat of a free thinker in the 1970s. You called this one wrong. There are other reasons for my straightforwardness.

11. fpherj48 profile image60

Catherine.. Oh dear girl...But the "baby" grows up quickly, gains intelligence & independent thinking as well as knowing full-well how to bathe himself..in fresh, clean new waters.

12. Misfit Chick profile image75

I stand corrected. smile

13. helenstuart profile image60
      helenstuartposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Jesus is God. Spirituallity is not religion. God let himself be a man and then killed so that we would stop thinking we need to go through all these preachers to reach the creator of the world, Great Spirit created it, and now protects it.Even storm

14. Kiss andTales profile image60

MzBe Example did Eve here a voice in the Garden. It was satan.
      Did Jesus hear a voice in the wilderness .it was satan.
      Many times he speaks but we think it is a mircle because it is not a common thing.
      Real worshipers are approach by satan
      not  good

15. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 7 years agoin reply to this

K&T it isn't wise to judge who has spoken to someone else. Do you think that it was Satan telling me to leave my abusive husband before he killed one or all of us. I don't. I can also tell you of an encounter with guardian angels who spoke to me.

16. Kiss andTales profile image60
      Kiss andTalesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Mz J I am a person of truth and truth is disliked by many .sorry we do not agree. But you did escape your situation. What about people who do not everyday. Why would he just help you and not them. Sorry but God gave us all life.he love us all.

17. Misfit Chick profile image75
      Misfit Chickposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That isn't true, K&T. One doctor can examine a patient, diagnose & treat him - and he dies bc the doctor was wrong. Another doctor might have seen the 'real truth', diagnosed him differently - and the patient lives. Truth is not an opinion. I

18. MizBejabbers profile image88

KT, why would god help me and not others in a bad situation? He would, but they're so busy reading the bible and praying noisily for him to solve the problem that they don't hear him speak. I think that's one of the points of the question.

7. manatita44 profile image72
    manatita44posted 8 years ago

Insanity as most of us know it, can include a voice and yes, some of them are termed Schizophenic or given other names.

There is also the voice of Conscience and then another voice which feels that it is the voice of Conscience. The real voice of Conscience comes from your innermost Being, from God, if you like. It is made stronger by spiritual practices, accompanied by the descent of Grace. This is not straight-forward and can take some time.

Nevertheless, the inner voice is there every day, just dim. It is not like the voice that the Schizophrenic describes, more like the one which tells you not to steal this item of clothing or you'll get caught. You steal it anyway, get caught and then wished that you'd listen to that voice.

Again, sometimes we think that it is telling us to do things, but the message actually comes from the mind or somewhere else. Conscience is always correct, for it is nothing other than the voice of God. But it needs patience, worship and a reliance on the Divine. Other voices can and do deceive us all the time. Much Love.

Suppose i said, God told me to Destroy You. Would you beleive God told me that or would you believe i am crazy?

2. manatita44 profile image72
      manatita44posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Neither. But we are all influenced by our level of Consciousness. Still, God can and does ask His messengers from time to time to behave in a particular way. Christ to die; Arjuna to fight. In both cases, there were greater good involved.

3. Austinstar profile image84

Christ didn't have to die. God could have "forgiven" mankind without killing his "only son". That is an illogical fallacy. If God can do anything, then he could just simply speak - "all is forgiven". What sense did killing Jesus make?

4. manatita44 profile image72

Thanks Austinstar. Nice to re-connect again. Valid point, to an extent. From the highest standpoint, Spirit sanctions, approves or tolerates. Nothing happens without the Will of Spirit. But this argues from the standpoint, that Spirit is ALL.

5. Austinstar profile image84

Sorry, I didn't understand that. Are you saying your god REQUIRES a blood sacrifice? And if so, why can't he change that requirement, because, you know, he's supposed to be god, right? He could just forgive and forget.

6. Ericdierker profile image46

I wonder why God set forth and allowed the crucifixion of His Son? That is a great question for mere mortals to ponder. Wow I wish God did just sit down with me and explain things. I probably could not understand it if He did.

7. manatita44 profile image72

No my Sweet Austin. I do not use those words. I have always gone the way of Love. I am saying that this Universe is really Spirit/Consciousness. As is you and I. We are all made in Its image. This body is Spirit with form, and all's done by Spirit

8. Austinstar profile image84

You call it spirit, and i call it quantum physics. Whatever.

9. Ericdierker profile image46

That is a cool agreement.

10. Zeron87 profile image94
      Zeron87posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Austinstar: Christ's existence was to prove someone could live in the flesh, endure all that animosity, and still follow God's path.  It also balanced the scale Adam tipped by disobeying God, so humans could get receive salvation.

8. always exploring profile image77
    always exploringposted 8 years ago

If I ever heard a voice speak to me, my first thought would be schizophrenia, which is a psychotic disorder when the person hears voices that are very real to them.

So God never speaks to man?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image65
      Tusitala Tomposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Are you saying that you don't not think 'verbally,'  that is, in words?   If you do, you could say that is a 'voice in your head.'   Do you think your might be schizoid because of that?   What about when you're deciding, arguing for and against?

3. beckysue33 profile image57
      beckysue33posted 8 years agoin reply to this

It could be your own thinking. Not necessarily a voice.

4. Kiss andTales profile image60

The point that everytime a voice is heard something bad has happen or will happen.
      The same with Muhammad the voice of the spirit attacked him by squeezing him breathless. Violently forcing him to repeat words because he could not read.

9. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 8 years ago

When the vast majority of people say something to the effect that "God spoke to them" or they "heard the Voice of God," they are not referring to hearing AUDIBLY as we hear the person next to us clearly speaking to us.

In the case of human beings who believe in a "Creator/Higher Power" of the spiritual nature, they have faith/believe that they are directed and/or are aware of right & wrong, behaving morally or evilly based upon an intuitive sense within.....thus, the comment that God speaks to them.

Contrary to what the average lay person may think, if a severe mental illness of a psychotic nature causes a person to literally & audibly hear voices~~they do NOT think it is due to psychosis.  Please understand this.  Genuinely mentally ill people are not at all aware that they are sick.

Those around them or those responsible & sane, can certainly see that they have mental issues, but again....they themselves are not aware.  That's part & parcel of the illness.

1. Ericdierker profile image46

Paula this is not correct: " Genuinely mentally ill people are not at all aware that they are sick." For one we would not know they were mentally ill if they did not get treatment. They get treatment so they must know they need it. (undiagnosed first

2. fpherj48 profile image60

Eric...In terms of psychosis, by it's very nature, the person affected cannot & does not grasp the concept of being a victim of this malady. U R now correcting a college Prof of Behavioral Sciences? They do not seek help voluntarily!

3. fpherj48 profile image60

Surely you must realize you have stepped over the boundaries of your knowledge & education & just made a complete fool of URself ~insisting you know better than someone who teaches these courses.  Stick to what U know Eric. This topic is not

4. fpherj48 profile image60

Do U merely submit words w/o substance & wisdom 4 the sake of seeing UR Urself in print, whether U have any knowledge or you don't?  In this case, Eric, you do not NOT.

5. Ericdierker profile image46

My logical approach still makes sense. If they are being treated for psychosis then they know they have it. Your denial of that concept is very interesting.

6. fpherj48 profile image60

Eric,  This is not a personal DENIAL. It is absolute Medical fact. You may be confusing psychosis w/ neurosis.  A psychosis is a break from REALITY. The treatment is forced or mandated under these circumstances. UR comment is absolute rubbish.

7. Ericdierker profile image46

OK - Medical Fact: No psychotic knows that he is ill. I find that premise of yours to be ludicrous. ".they themselves are not aware." that is a gross irresponsible overgeneralization that is wrong.

8. fpherj48 profile image60

It is NOT a premise of mine, Eric. A psychosis (hearing voices) is REAL to the victim! They do NOT see it as an illness. What is LUDICROUS is U making ignorant statements on a topic UR not qualified nor licensed to make! STICK TO PREACHING, ERIC!!

9. fpherj48 profile image60

Eric, U need 2 know I have reported U 4 harassment. ACCEPT what is FACT & reality & CEASE making medical claims U know NOTHING about!  UR ignorance is dangerous 2 actual victims of illness & the innocents in their lives.UR wrong, Eric. Dr

10. fpherj48 profile image60

This is a warning 2 U Eric:YOU will not continue 2 bully me nor try to berate my forte.U obviously want to be singled out.No problem. U shall get UR wish. U should B ashamed of URself Old man!  U display ignorance & misogyny!

11. Ericdierker profile image46

You OK?

12. fpherj48 profile image60

I am perfectly OK. U, on the other hand, fail to grasp the simplest fact that individuals w/ a psychosis "THINK" they are just "fine" & NOT mentally ill. U REALLY don't get this?? U have a serious issue URSELF, Eric. ARGUING proves UR ignorance.

13. Ericdierker profile image46

You sound really upset that I disagree with you. I apologize for upsetting you. But I do not agree with you. I know two psychotic people and they both know they are ill and do fine with medication. We talk about it.

14. fpherj48 profile image60

The Q is SPECIFIC( "hearing voices") We do NOT refer to "psychotic people!" but to "victims of psychotic episodes." How insensitive UR! The 2 U claim 2 know obviously had therapy & put on Rx. When IN the episode they did NOT know they were ill!!

15. fpherj48 profile image60

U did not "upset me". U disgusted me w/ UR ignorance of mental illness I INSISTENCE to argue w/ my education & 40 yrs. of experience!  as if U know better & U do NOT! Do I tell U how to preach?? No! "Disagreeing" w/ an expert doesn't make U r

16. fpherj48 profile image60

as I have stated, it only displays UR ignorance & shows U R intentionally harassing!  Do not LIE, Eric.  U certainly meant to upset me w/ UR repeated brow-beating ~ not having a CLUE what U were talking about!. I will NOT allow U to berate me!

17. fpherj48 profile image60

Simply said Mr. Dierker,  I see thru UR BS & phony image & do not appreciate U or UR attitude.  In short, I don't like U. Do not address me on this site. I told U this B4 & UR immature reply was that "U would lecture me when U please!" Gu

18. clivewilliams profile image74

WOW....Eric...what on God's Earth did you do to this lady?

19. fpherj48 profile image60

NO! U will NOT. I have placed U on warning that U will not harass me nor dispute my comments which I have a RIGHT to state.  Find Urself another woman to bully. U preach "love" & behave like a misogynist! Back away from me is all I will say! DONE

20. Ericdierker profile image46

Clive I just disagreed with her. I think it becomes somewhat obvious to a casual observer that I did nothing wrong and that this name calling is a reflection on her much more than on me. She just kind of admitted she had overstated. "in episode"

21. fpherj48 profile image60

U R actually going to LIE some more, Eric?  You "just disagreed with me?"  No, U brow-beated & harassed thinking U could prove your erroneous BS.Trying to make me "wrong." The reflection is ALL on U. U R just not MAN enough to take it.

22. helenstuart profile image60
      helenstuartposted 7 years agoin reply to this

How do you know? When I was a small abused child, about 4 or 5, God taught me great lessons through pictures in my mind. They calmed my fears of death, and I understood them Just as physical energy cannot be destroyed, neither can spiritual.

10. Renata Kell profile image71
    Renata Kellposted 8 years ago

We can spend all day debating religion and insanity and it will always come down to what you believe. Without believing in something it will never exist. An insane person truly believes they are hearing voices and a religious person believes those voices is coming from God. In a way we are all a little insane and probably have to be to live on this earth and survive. I am a religious person and that is because I believe.
    Now think about this If the early space enthusiasts did not believe that they could walk on the moon or even get there we never would have tried. I am positive that they where also considered insane at one point and time. I do believe that now people call them geniuses. I have also read many time that people considered Einstein to be insane, once again we now consider him to be a genius inventor.
    The point I am trying to make is that whether we believe in Gods voice or whether we believe a man is insane depends on our own personal views of what is sane and what is insane. It all come down to your beliefs because there is no way to prove what a person hears in their own head. Even if they are insane who is to say that they are not actually hearing something that we can't hear. I wonder how many people are locked up that are hearing Gods voice or maybe the reason they are so messed up is that it is the Devil and Demons they are hearing and they fight it until there is no fight in them.
    This is just my opinion and I do not think that there is an answer that will satisfy every reader out there. I believe in what I believe in and that is how I make my decisions. I suppose you can say I would rather believe in God and be wrong, meaning I wouldn't have anything to regret, than believe in nothing and miss out on something so wonderful, leaving me with nothing but regrets. Once again our life and opinions are based on our personal beliefs. After all the science in diagnosing an insane person isn't based on chemical testing it based on a trained doctor making an educated guess based on their own beliefs.

1. Anita Hasch profile image60

You have answered the question with more sense and understanding than most that I have read. Imagine if the Wright brothers did not believe they could get their little plane to fly.

11. Misfit Chick profile image75
    Misfit Chickposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12962799_f260.jpg

That 'voice' could be coming for lots of reasons - not necessarily because of insanity. This is how you 'hear' God:

Christ said: "Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit."

Because we each 'are who we are'. We CANNOT CONTROL our spiritual destiny as so many religions insist we can. The best thing you can do for 'God' in this life is to LIVE your life to the fullest according to your own conscious and life experience as those things grow and develop in you.

It is said in many religions in various ways - you are closest to God when your attention is fully-present 'in the moment': when your mind is not wandering around in various forms of 'escapes'; and not concerned about the past nor worried about the future. ALL of your attention goes into whatever you are doing in any given moment.

In this way, your entire life essentially becomes a living prayer. Of course, you still take the time to plan your life. That is what your ego is for - helping you to navigate this earthly existence. But, your 'christos' becomes more involved in decisions when you make this change; and it begins to rule during your moments - instead of your ego.

Take in the occassional escape. We have this ability so that we CAN escape and relax because this life can get so hard; and so that we can participate in our lives - reading books; or going out with your friends to watch a concert or see a movie, etc.

Staying in the moment is kind of hard to do, consistently. Thoughts try to pop into your head to take you elsewhere. But, as you begin to 'practice' - it will become easier and second nature to you.

There are no magic, miracles or rituals that you need. Your connection, no matter how 'undeveloped' it may be with God is DIRECT, just as Christ's is. Religious rituals are human concepts. While some may be 'stepping stones' to help you realize some spiritual thing - they are not 'the way'; and you don't need them.

When you stay in the moment regularly, you will notice that when offensive thoughts come into your mind, you will automatically begin to reject the ones that your 'true self' does not want - and, those ugly thoughts come at you less and less.

You will also begin to realize what your 'intuition' is saying to you, more clearly.

You are an extention & experience of God.

1. always exploring profile image77
      always exploringposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Misfit Chick. I love your response to Clive's question. I believe fully as you do. Temptations will always be there, but as we grow and ask God for deliverance, they become fewer..

2. lctodd1947 profile image78
      lctodd1947posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Me too-Christ said: "Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirt.

3. Misfit Chick profile image75

No 'deliverance' or 'salvation' necessary - at all. Spiritual deceptions are everywhere; and spiritual connections are DIRECT. If you believe you need a 'god' to save you - you're being lied to. YOU are 'christos' just as Christ was. Try the above. )

4. Ericdierker profile image46

And so we are stuck with God within us. We waste that and we fail. We exalt that and search deeper we exhale life. We believe that it is love that is God and in each one of us. How great is that!? What else is everywhere?

5. Misfit Chick profile image75

"We waste that and we fail." There is no 'fail' within staying in the moment. You're not trying to connect with everything or 'everywhere' - if anything, you're connecting to yourself and of course 'god' within you - that's it. No big secrets.

6. Ericdierker profile image46

We find it and we are blessed. But we must love those still without.

7. Misfit Chick profile image75

No one is 'without' and we're all equally blessed - whether we 'realize' this connection, or not. Life certainly becomes easier to navigate when we do; and love falls in line - in fact, everything 'falls in line'. No extra effort needed. smile

8. MizBejabbers profile image88

"And so we are stuck with God within us." My God, Eric, what do you mean by that? We are stuck with God? My 40 years of metaphysical training and spirituality is happy to recognize and know my God within. Please explain yours.

9. Kiss andTales profile image60

Misfit if a child or teenager says things not right we do not say what religion or belief are you. No we think what a rotten person of character.
      Anyone christain and Atheist can say bad things

10. Misfit Chick profile image75

I'm not sure on your point, K&T. What I talk about above is something everyone can (and probably should) do no matter what their beliefs are. The civilized world is programmed to 'escape' too much. This is too simple, right? Why does Buddha laugh

11. Kiss andTales profile image60

Misfit I am missing your point.
      Are you saying a doctor can be wrong and patient still lives. I will agree with you. But from a spirtual view continued life will be based on accurate knowledge not by our opinion , not by our believe or none belief.

12. helenstuart profile image60
      helenstuartposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I try not to "hate" things, but I really hate it when Joe Shmoe and his mom think they can diagnose insanity. And that lo, they must. This is Hitleresque thinking at its dumbest. And I think never in the Universe has any group of people lived in herd

12. Kiss andTales profile image60
    Kiss andTalesposted 8 years ago

Really from my study of the subject is the only time The Heavenly Father allowed his voice heard was on special occasions. His voice is as thunder and really no one would doubt it is him.
    What people do have is the angelic evil sons playing games on humans because they want attention , worship , sexual unatraul pleasures that causes death in the end.
    The Heavenly Father is not one who needs to prove anything to unbelievers he owns the planet
    Planets and sun moon and stars. He existed before we became a reality of his creation.
    If we die tomorrow he will still be there and welcome new births. We are just a dot in time
    Satan would have you think a lie and lose your hope to keep living through out time.
    Yes many have just allowed him that power.
    But there are people who know he is there he does not allow his creations to order him to do anything , why should he , he made you.
    So the truth is no he does not speak to humans in strange voices. But the demonds do. Trickery on their part.
    The bible has everything we need to know .the next time he speaks it will not be good.

interesting

2. Kiss andTales profile image60

When Muhammad refused he attacked him by squeezing him so hard he barly could breath. This became the beginning of repeated saying and words Muhammad from
      The spirit. We should know that it was not a good spirit since violence had a part in this.

3. helenstuart profile image60

Mental Illness is a misfiring of neurons in the brain. The brain is very complicate. Neurosis is people say that voices are demons and they drag the people with misfiring Neurons to sick church. Sick in head man not get better. He feel like God no lo

4. MizBejabbers profile image88

K&T, lying on my back paralyzed in a bus accident, I called out to God for help. A voice said "WE won't leave you," and I felt gentle feathery touches on my face and arms. I was wearing a jacket. Guardian angels or insanity?

5. Kiss andTales profile image60

MzJ I am not trying to offend you. But help to think the difference. Like we all live on planet earth God allows the benifit of the sun to touch us all.
      The rain makes food grow for us all.
      And the moon keep us all from wobbling in space. The point

6. MizBejabbers profile image88

What in the world are you rambling about? What difference? The angels stayed with me until I was rescued from an overturned bus in a rain soaked ditch. Is that not how God is supposed to work? If not, I don't think I like your God.

13. profile image51
    Taja Clarkeposted 8 years ago

It could will be a matter of perception where the person feels that a verbal connection to someone. Although it is impossible if there are signs of mental deteriation or trauma this is likely to become possible but not to the person we have in mind.

1. Kiss andTales profile image60

To finish the Koran wss created from the words repeated
      From Muhammad with other parts added ftom his co temporaries.

14. hauntedpages profile image58
    hauntedpagesposted 8 years ago

I do not hear voices, but I felt that I had witnessed Jesus himself begging for spare change out side a 7/11 store, I gave to him upon entering as he was stooping down and he had the blueist of eyes, and as I exited not but 5 min he was gone, he was well dressed clean and had a back pack, I felt a certain peace about me, but kept looking around in the darkness where did he go, As I continued my journey to work at IHM to prepare for the children in morning care.

1. Misfit Chick profile image75

That is exactly how we hear God - from inside of us. He doesn't need to use a 'voice' to communicate with us. In fact, an audible voice obviously raises questions, ha! smile

2. Sgt Prepper profile image59

"...Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." Matthew 25:40

3. Angele Parris profile image61
      Angele Parrisposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I heard voices promising me many things. However, since I am from Jamaica, and I am boosting the Relay Olympics.
      https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ … amas+relay
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4ZChMj … NyPxKol_Jn

15. meloncauli profile image91
    meloncauliposted 8 years ago

I believe that hearing a voice in the 'mental illness' sense is merely a reflection of the conscience which is at that time in turmoil or in conflict with the right inner voice -.the voice of reason. Then there is the person who doesnt have a mental illness but who always possesses this inner voice of reason. We all do. When people become mentally unstable the right inner voice quietens and the conflict rules. When this happens it is open to interpretation by the sufferer.

Mental illness can cause a person to become very afraid..often this is the feeling of loss of control. When we feel out of control we are very vulnerable and are highly sensitive to suggestion. When we feel so unbalanced we question everything ...sometimes about our very being or existence. I believe this is often why GOD becomes the interpretation. It is not uncommon but it is the interpretation of an unquiet mind.
    I hope this makes sense to you. I dont believe any God or anybody is ever actually speaking to you where mental illness is concerned. It is the persons own mind in conflict with the right inner voice - the voice of reason.

16. poetryman6969 profile image52
    poetryman6969posted 8 years ago

Probably insanity.  Don't those ISIS folks say god is speaking to them before they throw a gay guy off a roof?

ISIS is America

2. Sgt Prepper profile image59

Their god Allah/Satan is speaking to them as Moslems worship death. If they can't kill an infidel to kill they will kill another Moslem even if it is a family member.

3. Kiss andTales profile image60

MzJ Leviticus 19:31 say do not turn to the spirit mediums or fortune tellers.
      They were enemies of the true God.
      Now it makes all sense now.
      We  have a different God ,yours play games with you and do cruel things and make you hear voices .

17. RJ Schwartz profile image87
    RJ Schwartzposted 8 years ago

What if the voice was a false god or a demon?  Plenty of people claim to have heard voices instructing them to commit acts of violence or depravity.

Very true remember Eve never saw the face of satan only a voice pitched from a serpent.
      Same tatic ,same place,  new face.
      It also said that Muhammad also heard a spirit voice that told him what to repeat from a cave. He could not read.

18. polonium profile image59
    poloniumposted 8 years ago

i think  not necessarily because of insanity but

19. Ann810 profile image49
    Ann810posted 8 years ago

It's God speaking to someone if the voice is in-line with what He already requires of us in the Bible. And it's not Elohim if the voice is saying the opposite of what He's require of us in the Bible. It's an urge of wanting to do righteous things when God speaks. But first an individual must know the difference between righteousness and the opposite.

Some individuals might  hear negative voices that's obviously not from God, maybe if they would fill their mind with God's ways and renew their mind, the voices will cast away.

That is MzJ people will not know anything about The Fathers personality because they reject his inspired messages from the bible. That is why people do not know his personality but judge wrong.

2. MizBejabbers profile image88

I'm psychic, KT, I don't expect you to understand. I think Ann does.

20. Sgt Prepper profile image59
    Sgt Prepperposted 8 years ago

In 2009 God spoke to me and told me the Freemasons were behind putting Kenyan-born Obama into our White House.  I believe I am on a mission from God to sound the alarm that, not only is Obama illegal, he is the Antichrist.  I also believe Jesuit Pope Francis is the False Prophet and that Allah is just another name for the devil.
    Freemasons, Skull & Bones, the CFR, Jesuits, Bohemian Grove & a whole myriad of other secret societies are working in combination to establish the New World Order for their Zionist masters and Satan. Ephesians 6:12
    www.threeworldwars.com

MzBe very interesting experience. But I do not doubt what experiences people have. I have had my own. But I do not contribute everthing I may experience or can't explain to God and Angels.
      But I do have faith that if he wants to help he will.

21. Ericdierker profile image46
    Ericdierkerposted 8 years ago

What a wonderful concept. How would you know? I would like to say that I would. In the normal construct of belief and God anyone could hear God. So how would you know if it were God and not just a voice in your head gaining prominence? Any idiot that says they do not have voices going on in their head is a lost cause. Everybody has multiple voices evaluating and determining facts and situations. We just do. If you do not then see a shrink because that means you see only one side of any situation. And that is not only sad but dangerous. We are talking billions of neurons firing all simultaneous in our brain and nervous system. We are on fire with internal thought.
    Now take an old simple preacher man like me. I talk to God. I believe God hears me. I wonder if God really does. If I have a billions neurons how many does God have? (just kidding but fun for thought)
    It would be my considered thought and experience that I have to somehow block out the now, the past and the future in my mind to be in the present. The voice of God only comes in such a time of meditation and patience. I am talking hard core work and concentration combined with a let go. This is not something the highly fraught and trouble diseased mind can do. So it is not random but through a connection started by man reaching toward God.
    On the other hand my wife, while I was dying in a hospital bed and she walked through snow for her first time in it to get to me had an Epiphany and visit. I worked countless hours to find the voice and she merely was ready to hear it.
    My elder son just told me in love about that my health will be fine, and my younger just told me that Jesus loves us. Was that God speaking to them?
    I just love science and logic and paradigms to contemplate and cogitate. The pupae to the chrysalis to the butterfly fascinate me to all heights. My own cancer is a point of learning and understanding that brightens my day.
    But to speak with God, oh my. To hear God's voice, oh my. I have no doubt that some have heard the singing of angels and the glory on high. Why not breach the barriers we have constructed. Why not reach to the heavens and hear the Lord.
    Saul was not chosen to hear the word of the Lord. And then he was. Let me.

1. MizBejabbers profile image88

I'm sorry to hear of your cancer, Eric. I don't believe the same way you do, but I believe. I will put you in my prayers and send you healing energies if you will accept. Love.

2. Ericdierker profile image46

Cool thank you. Thank goodness we all have our own beliefs. All show a special bond with something beyond themselves.

MzJ example we have people that hear voices that say kill people.
      Do harm to themselfs,  do terrorist acts
      And they think the same as you.
      No ! God does not work the way humans think and if people reject his word they will know him.

WRONG! People who hear voices and kill people DO NOT think the same as I do. You have convinced me that your god is not my god. Sorry.

22. roselinsojan profile image59
    roselinsojanposted 8 years ago

yes, it our mind speaking .it is our spirit, that is God itself.

interesting beleif

2. helenstuart profile image60

People who have hallucinations may have many kinds of voices. I have my opposite twin, I can sit invisible in a room and listen to strangers talk, I hear people call for me or give me information. And I also have heard what I thought were bold burgul

I know what you are saying Helen. In the old days of landlines, my aunt claimed that she could hear people conspiring against her through the phone ... without lifting the receiver off the hook. She had dementia and went to a nursing home.

4. Ericdierker profile image46

Cool roselinsojan. You say so much in so few words. God is in each of us.

The point MzJ satan plays voice games as spirits creatures. They really want you to think the experience is from God. Ask your self who set the stage of the evil event that you fleed from?

Roselinsojan, that's a great statement.

7. Kiss andTales profile image60

Now the true God who gives life would not have us hurt another human in our family. Sorry but voices that tell you to do evil is satan spirits or demons.
      God the Father would not confuse us.

23. profile image0
    Nishita sisodiaposted 8 years ago

Well ,we can't exactly say god saying or insanity but still some people say that they can hear god's voice if really god speaks to them then why god don't tell them how to improve country's situation, how to get rid of crimes how to make the world full of betterments.
    God only spokes to us when we are doing something wrong our conscience don't support us but out brain makes us to do that bad work.
    U know if highly religious person says that he hears the voice of God and he feels god then asked him did he nvr lied in his whole life or he is so great that he can  hear voice but then also people believe him taking him as a  great respected religious person he can never lie as well as taking them as they are our well wishers they are God's people. I believe in this case,"100 times spoken lie becomes truth."
    And when layman says that he heard the voice of god,  people dont believe him/her and called them insane as blaming them they are doing for money.
    Thus, it's a optical illusion. In this generation of lies no god refer to spoke to all.They only shows us good path and helps us,gives us strengh to fight with the obstacles coming in the way.

MzJ please do not misunderstand me.
      I am not trying to say there is something mentally wrong because you heard a voice .Many do but it does not mean God is behind it like with Eve.
      Did you know Mohammad also heard a spirit voice from a cave.

24. profile image0
    Hxprofposted 8 years ago

That's for you to determine if you hear a voice speaking to you, telling you to do something.  The question is, will you be correct in your determination?

1. Tusitala Tom profile image65
      Tusitala Tomposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Could it have something to do with the PART of you which is doing the interpretation?

2. MizBejabbers profile image88

Tom, It could, a voice kept telling me to divorce my abusive husband. I knew it was right, but I wouldn't obey. I finally listened and obeyed when he kicked me out with the kids, then wanted us back 3 weeks. later.

MzJ to help you undestand better. Eve heard a voice in the garden that told her to eat a piece of fruit it would give her the knowledge of God her Father. Was that voice a good voice ? It told her to eat fruit ,nothing wrong with fruit
      A trap.To die

KT I have all the understanding that I need. The psychic understand. The head blind do not. They quote somebody else's book.

MzJ now it is very clear why so much trouble with your voices. And why you do not like the bible.
      You mention ( physic know ) they work with the realm of satan. You believe in them.
      Well there it is ! They are afraid of the Heavenly Father.

6. Misfit Chick profile image75

What a typically rude judgment, K&T. Could you possibly be any more insulting? Just tell her she is EVIL and get it over with!! What is WRONG with you?!! Obviously, some part of you wanted you to be safe, MzB - and trying to be LOUD about it. smile

Mifit your opinion and your words are in your mind. My comment was to her not you.
      When she is the one who admitted we had different Gods. What did she mean by that. Its rude to take over a comment your name is not on .MzJ direct not you.

8. Misfit Chick profile image75

I am sure MzB can defend herself - but sometimes, another voice is good up against judgemental believers full of religious dogma. I've 'believed' like you in the past and I know why you ignorantly said it. So yeah, I defend whether you like it or not

9. Kiss andTales profile image60

Misfit I am not up against MzJ
      there is no argument here.
      But why are you starting or creating one . what ever I comment about you take delight in criticizing it.
      And creating havock
      No one wants to argue so stop the madness.Iast post

10. MizBejabbers profile image88

Catherine, thank you for the defense. I have to just consider the source and go on. I never said I don't like the bible, nor that I have TROUBLE with voices, just her inability to reason. Her eyes are clouded in judgment, she can't see what I said.

25. beckysue33 profile image57
    beckysue33posted 8 years ago

Honestly, one night I swore I heard a voice singing. Maybe it was me. I had a major wake-up call after this.  I just feel a lot better now. I decided it is time to get out of bed and to live!!!!

good for you

2. beckysue33 profile image57
      beckysue33posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks smile

Clive every strange unatral experience does not mean its good because it happen to you .people can be used as baite to tamper with bad doomed spirit forces.
      Example what message of good is coming from it?
      Is its Jesus work.Anything else is satans

26. helenstuart profile image60
    helenstuartposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12887574_f260.jpg

Oh Wow. This question has brought out another reason fear each other. We say, "Well I don't know any schizophrenics. I just don't know how to deal with Mentally Ill People. The Church says that the sins of the father will be revisted on the son, Or he might have blew his mind out on drugs. We might look like taquitos to him, and he's hungry"

I recently noticed something, at the age of 51, and I have been seeing psychiatrists and taking pills since I was 17. I thought that my psychiatrist would understand everything I told her, She went to college for at least 8 years, did internship and did even more school that MDs don't require, but all that schooling but does not give her a clue as to what my mind feels like. She looked at me like I was from another planet and she badly wanted to understand. She did look afraid, and on  some days she is escorted down the hall and to her chair by a pair of security trained German Shepherds. For six months I was crying a lot at our appointments because a very sad thing was happening to me and when I go to the shrink I think about it, and because it is the kind of thing that would change anyone's life, fill them with deep grief, and memories of the person you may never see again flow through your mind and you torture yourself with thoughts of what you could have done better, what you attempt when you get home. That was an example of what one "Mental ILLness" feels like. Not too different. But people can be very out there and not be mentally ill, like people with personality disorders, you know your average psyco path. That is not considered a mental illness. I know my father was one, know what else he was? A preacher, graduated from Duke Divinity. But you could tell he didn't really believe in God, and I don't know how he felt about Mental Illness. I was experiencing CPTSD, disociation identity disorder, and then they wanted to add on bipolar 1. If you are scared of "Crazy" people or think that God made them that way, you are hard core trailer trash ignorant. Most of the ungodly medicines they use to actually "treat" Mental Illness, (these days everybody needs pills, no since working through it, you might kill us. The mentally ill used to be the least likely people to kill you, now everyone is afraid of them because of (mostly teens and young adults) having their brains used like guinia pigs. Every time I was placed on a mood stabilizer, I would hallucinate fully and vividly, something I have never done in my life.

1. MizBejabbers profile image88

So sorry, Helen, but I understand. My sister killed herself at age 30 because she was placed on antidepressants instead of being treated for thyroid disease (Hashimoto's). I know because the same thing nearly happened to me.

2. Anita Hasch profile image60

I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you have had in your life Helen. But believe me their are many many people that have had a difficult life. It is how you deal with it that counts. Read a good book when you feel sad. Change you mindset.

3. clivewilliams profile image74

Sad Story

4. Misfit Chick profile image75

You're right. This is something that is wrong with most religions. For instance, people will say things to a sexual violence victim like, 'You must have had bad karma in another life' or 'it must be God's will' BULLSH*T!!!

5. helenstuart profile image60

That's Horrible MizBejabbers. My daughter has Hashimotos, but when she was unjustly taken by Texas CPS, (she also has aspergers) they took her off her thyroid meds. She's only 18 and she was diagnosed before 14 years old. CPS declared her healed liar

Now that's horrible, Helen. Taking anyone off their thyroid meds is begging for trouble. Need a good lawyer.
      Anita, when someone has a chemical imbalance, a good book does not help. Can't keep one's mind on it when a person is ill.

27. smcopywrite profile image60
    smcopywriteposted 8 years ago

this is a question appearing simple to answer, but is certainly not the case. one answer is a personal belief in god when it comes to who is talking to you about what. joan of arc was said to have heard the voice of god and now the historians believe she had epilepsy. hundreds of diseases have a possible symptom of hearing voices. huntingtons is another.

there are more than a few possibilities to explain why a person is able to differentiate between a sane or insane individual and hearing voices is only one of them. how about what the voices are saying?

my daughter has epilepsy and has had all sorts of seizures from mild to grand mal. some included visual and auditory hallucinations. after the seizure she generally is unable to recall sights and sounds she experienced. they were there, but were lost when she came up for air. proof of their existence is possible in modern science.
    Docs are able to give a diagnostic test called an EEG to look at the brainwaves of a patient while having a seizure after medically inducing one. The EEG displays if the auditory centers of the brain are working during the episode proving a person is hearing something, for example voices, without insanity or the voice of god.

this certainly does not account for god not speaking to us.  i strongly believe he spoke to moses at the burning bush as well as to millions of souls before and since that time. check out all sorts of religious documentation in all varieties of faiths.

i will never understand why someone harbors the belief god only speaks to those folks paying him the most attention. for instance, priests rabbis are there are conduits for the written word of god. this does not mean they are a vessel for his voice. though, some are just that. on the other hand, my grandma used to say newborns smiled in their sleep because they were speaking with god and his angels.....

remember noah? he was a drunk and admitted to god he didnt know how to build a boat. he was more than reluctant and now his feats are immeasurable. there are all sorts of examples where the lowest man on the totem pole became the most important to god. he sees souls and not careers.

great question without a simple and easy answer.
    my faith is in god speaking to anyone about anything at anytime. i believe he does. it is even possible or the epileptic patient to hear him as well. perhaps a seizure brings this soul better hearing than the rest of us. there is a lot we do not know and will never know.

1. getitrite profile image71

U sounded sane right up until u started talking about unknown deities speaking to people. There is no evidence of any God or gods, but somehow u seem to think that hearing voices from things that do not exist is not the same as insanity.

What is considered a God. People keep on saying no evidence of God, A god is a creator of life. Evert hing we see around is created. There is no bang and things just happen. One day i would like to see an explosion that brings a nice designed car at

MzJ the point is that he is perfect we all receive his blessings.when he does something for us he does it for us all
      Not picking and choosing .but we can be misinformed because of an experience is not common we say God did it. not so.

28. Anita Hasch profile image60
    Anita Haschposted 8 years ago

Is it God or a Angel. The Angels are God's messengers. I don't think that they speak to you directly. However, if you have prayed about something that is worrying you, you might open the Bible or even a book and amazingly you have your answer.
    Remember the young girl Bernadette at Lourdes (read my hub)
    the Angel spoke to her although I would imagine that she did not hear the Angel's voice but read her thoughts as none of the
    other people present could hear a voice.

Maybe, but did God talk to Moses directly? Why not us, how do you differentiate?

Certain times God sent Angelic messengers.even Jesus is called the word. Our true mediator.
      So far was it true that God told Adam not to eat from the tree. Not Eve directly.No sin existed at that time.
      But interesting he talked to Adam direct.

29. MizBejabbers profile image88
    MizBejabbersposted 8 years ago

A truly spiritual person can translate the thoughts of what they perceive as God, spirit guides, or whatever their belief system. I have been studying metaphysics and meditation for 40 years, and my interpretation is still similar to the Christian whose preacher has told him to listen to the “still, small voice within.” Been there, done that, too. In both eras of my life I found that if I didn’t heed the warning, I usually made a mistake, so I don’t think what we believe the source is, is important. As far as who is speaking, I was taught that if it went against my conscience or if “it just didn’t feel right,” it was not our higher self or God speaking because God only speaks through love.
    As far as a psychotic person hearing voices that cause him or her to do bad things (or things they would never do when in right mind), I’m not qualified to say where that voice comes from. Evil spirits, the devil, twisted reasoning, I don’t know. I do know that before my sister’s suicide, the doctors diagnosed her as psychotic, the type to harm herself not others. The voice in her head kept saying to her “I want to die.” The psychosis was medically induced by her body’s rejecting antidepressants when all she needed was synthroid.

1. always exploring profile image77
      always exploringposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Miz Bejabbers, Your story concerning your sister touched me. It is added proof that the Doctors are misdiagnosing medical conditions more and more, and so quick to prescribe antidepressants when not needed.

Sorry to hear of your suffering. This resonates with me and my beliefs: "if “it just didn’t feel right,” it was not our higher self or God speaking because God only speaks through love."

My thanks to you both, Ruby and Eric.

30. flpalermo profile image59
    flpalermoposted 8 years ago

Has God spoken to you lately?
    That voice that you hear once in a while, is that God talking to you?
    Let’s see what the Bible reveals:
    [Numbers 12:5-8 KJV] “And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth. 6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream. 7 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house. 8 With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?
    It seems that if God has spoken to you, he should have appeared to you in person, in a vision, or a dream. Anything else is insanity on your part and you should consider medical advice.

Misfit I have heard comments towards victims of violence as well but it is not limeted to ones belief or faith it is the character or person from the heart.
      Religion is not the fault of everthing.
      Because free will of mouth anyone can use.

Insane people do have visions, dreams, and see things in broad day light too. So if i have a vision, it must be from God?

MzJ I have had death in my family but I do know the one responsible .Until this system comes to a complete end of satan who has ruled it as he pleases many injustices, crime, sickness , confusion of right and wrong will be the experience of many.

31. emge profile image78
    emgeposted 8 years ago

My grandmother claimed she had voices coming from god. It became extreme and she had to be treated for mental illness. I am not sure that anything like voices from god exists. Perhaps it's just a  hallucination.But someone may hear an inner voice that comes from inside, but a voice being " heard" looks a case of mental sickness.

32. Virginia Allain profile image87
    Virginia Allainposted 8 years ago

This question makes me think of many of the Republican presidential candidates. A number of them said that God told them to run for president. I think Cruz is the only one of those still in the race.

Perhaps they misunderstood God or else he/she was trying to give them a character test by persevering under great odds. Anyway, I don't want someone as president who responds to mysterious messages.

1. Sgt Prepper profile image59

God wants you to vote for Trump.  God told me the Freemasons put Kenyan-born Obama, the man of lawlessness, into our White House illegally.

I believe you and I believe that your communication abilities as far as reception goes are in deep trouble. But I don't doubt that you believe.

3. Angele Parris profile image61
      Angele Parrisposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Interesting answer. God did not say they would win. God told me there would be a black president of America. I am backing Trump because I want to see a Relay Olympics.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvl2y34puhY

4. Sgt Prepper profile image59

I am backing birther Trump because I want to see Hellary behind bars and usurper Bathhouse Barry in front of a firing squad.

MzJ the Heavenly Father loves us all .
      Like a Father with many children he gives us all what we need. As a parent would you feed one child and not the other. give medicine to only one child when the other needs meds too.
      No. We can mis understand.

33. profile image53
    micksy1983posted 8 years ago

I would say it depends where you sit in your own mind, to the right or to the left,

Lolita we need to really be sure of what the bible really say . its a messages from our Heavenly Father.a good thought to remember is satan knows and  quoted scritures as well he did to Jesus as he repeated scriptures Palms 91:11,12 in temptation.

34. Zeron87 profile image94
    Zeron87posted 8 years ago

I think using the message delivered is the best way to tell the difference between someone receiving a message from a mental condition (or a demon) and God.  It's safe to assume if a voice is telling you, or a voice is telling someone else, to help someone in need, to speak one's mind about an unfair situation, or to testify, it's from God.  On the flipside, if something is telling you to  burn down a house or cause harm to others, it's from a mental condition or of maleficent origin. 

Another good way, I believe, to correspond this is how you "feel" about the voice or the person saying a voice is telling them to do something.  Does your gut tell you the person or voice is steering you in the right direction, or is it telling you to run in the opposite direction?  That could actually be the voice of God pushing you the just way.  Remember, some things can seem good, but actually aren't.  If you question whether someone or yourself is receiving messages from The Divine, and if the message isn't maleficent, I recommend consulting a person more seasoned in such matters.  If the message IS  maleficent, seek mental help, or run in that other direction ^_^.

Good analogy...But God could tell you to do something you think is bad right? like sacrifice your son!

2. profile image53
      micksy1983posted 8 years agoin reply to this

No not me, Jacob

3. Zeron87 profile image94

People, ya gotta read your Bible.  God did tell Abraham to sacrifice Issac... but then told him NOT to because God was testing Abraham's loyalty.  But I digress...
      If that happens, I'd consult another party to place things in perspective.

4. fpherj48 profile image60

Zeron, I do not "gotta" read such filth! The times I read the bible it served 2 sicken me & push me AWAY from any God. Much murder, rape, incest,genocide, slavery, blood, hatred, cruelty, bigotry, narcissism!! THIS from an all-loving Creator??!

5. fpherj48 profile image60

God is all-knowing? Then he should have known Abraham's heart & loyalty w/o needing to test him. All-Powerful? He could have stopped all sin, destroyed Satan, forgiven men w/o sacrificing his human son, All-loving? He can protect us from pain.

6. fpherj48 profile image60

You would "consult another party???" U would not believe UR Almighty God spoke to Clive? Y should Clive believe it's God? WHO has ever audibly heard God w/o being psychotic? No one or how do we know? We don't! Period. It's all blind faith.

Paula if that is your understanding and what you get when you read I will not doubt how you feel .but people read and do not get that understanding if that was the case hp forum would not exist.
      People are individually different in what they hear.

8. Misfit Chick profile image75

People are individually illogical. If the HP forums do anything - they should encourage people to do thorough research. Christians are taught that lying is Ok. For instance, Its ok that Matt, Mark Luke & John did NOT actually write their gospels.

9. MizBejabbers profile image88

Why would an all-knowing God have to test anyone's loyalty? It's enough evidence to me that he may have been of a superior race, but not "God."

10. Kiss andTales profile image60

MzJ this is where the confusion comes in.
      There is more then One god of the situation.
      The heavenly Father is the one responsible for life.
      The other is a self made god who is a fallen demonic angel. This one testes all humans. He is responsible

11. Zeron87 profile image94

Paula: I think YOU need to consult another party for that wrath of yours.  The Bible is not a book for the ignorant.  It tells the story of Christians and Jews, their falls and their triumphs, without sugar-coating anything.

12. fpherj48 profile image60

Zeron...UR opinion means nothing. I don't know U & U surely do not know me. Perhaps U should focus on playing UR games since this seems 2B all U may know. Do not address me. Thank you, young man.

13. Zeron87 profile image94

And perhaps you should stick to your subjective universe of dogmatic opinions, instead of trying to angrily force them on others, since that seems all you know, older lady. You call someone's holy book FULL OF FILTH, don't expect them to like it smile.

14. fpherj48 profile image60

As I said, U know NOTHING about me. We'll leave it that way. I try 2 force nothing on anyone, ever. I call UR History book as I see it, like it or not,child.U entertain fantasy.So be it, B proud & B happy. I certainly am~~even of being "older."

15. Misfit Chick profile image75

Yes Zeron, your 'holy book' if full of lies for SMART people who choose to be sheep, trusting in a very manipulated text, following blindly. Lying is Ok. For instance, Its ok that Matt, Mark Luke & John did NOT actually write their gospel

16. Zeron87 profile image94
      Zeron87posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Paula, you're right, I don't know you; I can just work with what you give me.  I'm just going to end this by writing a Hub on the reality of God, or as us humans can perceive it anyway.  Not enough space in these comments to express my opinions.

35. pooja prashar profile image61
    pooja prasharposted 8 years ago

I am not sure if God speaks to us or not.. bt yesss wen we try we sure can communicate with our soul... n thts too shows us the difference between gud n bad... Who r those HIGHLY RELIGIOUS PERSONS??? Who makes them??? God creates everyone equally... thn people around us and so called society gave us such names.. Religious person n all ..... Its about their own benefit and about their own choices not God who comes in front of us and shows us who is RELIGIOUS n who is not.. those who locked such people in insanity ward,,,,,, does tht for their own thoughts, for their own opinions.... cause probably they can't hear their souls....
    Long discussion though.... but a gud question to ask ourselves... :-)

1. profile image53

Check ur bible, I've met god face to face, I will call the place pineal.

Mic1983 which God there are thousands even satan is a god. And the truth is the living true God no  man has seen or can see and can
      live.
      No so it was something else you seen( imposter.) appeared to you.

3. Misfit Chick profile image75

Definitely be careful with that, Micksy. Many people have gotten caught up in metaphysical religions and rituals that go 'pineal' beyond the Christian concept. There are MANY 'beings' in the realm you have 'seen god in'. Deceptions are all around.

4. profile image53

Not me jacob he said it

36. Angele Parris profile image61
    Angele Parrisposted 8 years ago

I have heard God speaking to me, many times in my life. Currently I am unemployed and broke (have no assets- house, car, insurance, or bank account).  I have had so many experiences with super-natural that I really need to know if it is the voice of God. I would like a confirmation as to whether I am a religious person saying God spoke to her  or a woman saying she hears voices and should be locked away in an insanity ward.

In the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, I went to give a friend who worked with the New York City Port Authority some money. As soon I got off the elevator, I heard a loud bang. I asked what was that noise. She said she did not know. I kept asking if they did not have a person or persons responsible for calling to find out what happened, or someone in charge of the emergency procedures.  Maybe, I was there a minute, but it seemed more like half-an-hour to me. I told my friend I had to leave, because I had to get back to my job.  She told me to  wait because they had worked out emergency procedures, everything would be handled professionally. Anyway, I left.

When I got in the stairway, ( because the elevators were not working), I was able to go down about one or two flights of stairs easily. However, I eventually came upon a group of people sitting on the stairs. I sat down for a few minutes. There were some people who were weaving in and out of those sitting still making their way down. I decided to join them, so I got up. A white man sitting beside me, pulled me down, and said to me in a situation like this the only solution is to pray, and he started to pray. While he was praying, I felt like a spirit come over me, assuring me that everything would be alright.

By this time, the stairway was filled with smoke, but the lights were still on. The security told us to come out of the stairway. We went into a room.  A group of men sat at the table and said that we should be able to figure out what to do in a situation like this. They decided to break the windows. Upon breaking the windows. all the smoke went swoosh towards the open window. We went to the other side and they told us not to break any more windows. Finally, we made our way down about fifty flights of stairs in darkness.

The Easter of that same year, I had an out of body experience, where I visited Disney World.  Like Harold Campin, I have predicted many dates where my vision would be realized, but like Donald Trump says -lying Ted and crooked Hillary.

what a story

I have learned Clive that experiences of dreams , even the ones Paris is explaining does not always mean God is behind the scenes. There are a lot of good people in the world and God does not have to manifest himself through them .but satan does .

37. profile image0
    snapcracklepopposted 7 years ago

God speaks to me through the pages of the Bible. The good and bad examples outlined in the Bible give me clear indications and directions of what is acceptable to God and what is not.....So there is no need  for God to speak to me audibly to tell me to do something when I can read what He wants me to do by consulting His Word the Bible. If I heard a voice most likely it would be my Bible trained conscious directing me to avoid a negative situation, to think before I make a move or decision, or my Bible trained conscious is directing me to help others by sharing a Bible based hope with them (Matthew 24:14).....When people hear voices telling them to do something, it could be 3 things going on: (1) demonic invisible wicked spirit forces have invaded their life. Or  (2) Some sort of mental or emotional event is taking place, or (3) Someone's medication may need adjusting. Or it could simply be their conscious talking to them.

Good point example of a puzzle it comes with instructions .does the maker or inventor have to personally visit your house and verbally tell you how to put the puzzle togather.
      There are many types even dimensional 3 D.Instructions included.

38. profile image52
    Patricia Hollinsposted 7 years ago

Some people have claimed to hear messages from God about the future,

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)