Can a normal human rightfully claim that their interpretation of the Bible is th

Jump to Last Post 51-61 of 61 discussions (877 posts)
  1. profile image53
    Manjunath7472posted 7 years ago

Religion is a key for unity and politics to puppetize group of people in particular region for growth and sustainability of that region.

No one follows a religious scripture 100% in any religion but it is misused more often everywhere for to conquer other region.

If people follow their religious scripture 100 %, half of the world population would have been dead by this time.

Basic examples like

Bible | Exodus
    ---------
    Six days work shall be done, but on the seventh day you shall have a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.

Quran | unveiling is haram (a sin of the highest decree) and many.

Hindu Scriptures has many more.

So, my point is.. No one is right or wrong.
    Its all about humanity..Help how much you can to others even enemies and tell them help others as well and let nations help each other and form common religion called humanity.

Respect each other, Work together, Grow stronger.

Certainly there is something out there, something powerfull !!!
    Let's wait and watch until then keep peace..

1. celafoe profile image55
      celafoeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

another ridiculous NON -CHRISTIAN diatribe that has no place in this section

2. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Amen!

3. profile image53
      Manjunath7472posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi Charlie and Williams

There you go!! Anger!! Ego!! coz am not christian.
      Jesus taught us about love, peace and Love your neighbor as yourself.
      Am talking about humanity.So, religion doesn't matter..
      Ru following bible 100%?

4. profile image58
      KingdomComeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Manjunath7472- It's people like you who take scripture out of context. Jesus called the Pharisee, sons of hell, fools, vipers and hypocrates because of their worthless and false traditions, but he still loved them and died for them.

5. profile image52

MJ: Why do u "think" JESUS is ALL "love?"  Why is  there a HELL, if so?
      Once one has "WAITED" (Acts 1:4) for the POWER (Acts 1:8) as "commanded," been FILLED w/the Holy Spirit & BELIEVE on HIS WORD AFTER ASCENSION, "RIGHTEOUS by FAITH" (Rm1:17)!

6. Ericdierker profile image46
      Ericdierkerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Very interesting. Truly a view worth contemplating.

7. profile image52

JAY C O'BRIEN: Do u believe there's a heaven?  If so, you probably believe there's a HELL!  If so, DOES that sound like a GOD who doesn't KILL? 
      Hubbers GOD will KILL you (after physical death via hell) if u don't do as Gal 1:6-9 (After the Cross)!

8. profile image53

KingdomCome-Am not blaming any religion here and ain't anti christ.Am just talking about human values and not religious values.When ur hospitalized and needs blood, u may not wait for only christian blood. So, human values first !! religion next !!

9. profile image52

FOOL!  GOD left WORD!
      OT "fulfilled!"
      GOD (Spirit) FIRST! Flesh NOTHING!
      Eternal life is what IT'S all about!
      There is "Something out there" & IF u don't believe Scripture, LOST!
      Respect "wrong" r against WORD? NEVER (Ps 139:21-22)!

10. profile image53

OK people !!
      In the name of religion all religious fools will kill other religion fools and get killed after all we are just animals with flesh and extra brain to write all these holy scriptures and puppetize people. Hav fun !! Amen!

11. profile image52

You "have fun" in HELL!  I didn't say IT!  "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned ALREADY, because he hath not believed in the NAME of the only begotten Son of GOD" (Jn 3:18)!
      Where does that leave you?

12. profile image53

Ok Norine Williams, we'll meet soon after judgment day before the entrance gate of heaven & Hell.You take left and i take right but plz get me beer case and an i Pad loaded with latest action movies while coming to relax after each punishment:)

13. profile image52

Satan ALWAYS "joins the party" w/o invitation (Job 1:6)! 
      U & Satan go on to the "right" side (Is 5:20)! 
      Have "fun!"
      Blessed Hill:  U think this kind I don't "hate?"  But I pray (Bless) for his soul!

14. profile image53

Which way is hell?? Right side is it?? okies!! You r very clear about directions too.!! Wow!! You're a heck of a guy!! Tell me what are the facilities provided in christian heaven and the draw backs of muslim or  Hindu or any other heaven??

15. profile image52

U'll find out!
      Hindu uses other means than HOLY SPIRIT for peace, joy, etc Muslim worship Prophet Muhammad!  Worship idols & other gods! 
      They'll see u there too!
      Y'all have "fun" w/all that peace,joy,happiness!

16. Edwinoel Tanglao profile image60
      Edwinoel Tanglaoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Manju Christ has saved us fr sin, open ur heart to him, sans malice n pride, He will reveal to u, in His 'word'
      Of 'true faith' leading 2 ur salvation, urs n mine 4 Christ is above all religion. In 'true faith' u r freed fr any law of
      sin n curses.

17. profile image52

Ed: U need to "open ur heart" to the Bk of Hebrews!  JESUS (aka Holy Spirit) spoke thru Paul & said "ACCURSED" bcuz that's how IMPORTANT "The Gospel of Christ" is to HIM & u defy!

18. Edwinoel Tanglao profile image60

Marju n ol Prot n d astray Christ is d light of truth, in ur spirit u may feel as u open ur heart to d HS. Darkness can keep us in wrong path, but d cleansing of sins is in Christ blood, d H Euch. If u fail 2 renew, d light is not in u.Renew n b holy

19. profile image52

"Darkness can keep us in wrong path, but d cleansing of sins is in Christ blood, d H Euch." Defy Heb & u r "in wrong path! "H Euch" is "ritual!" U defy Scripture w/"man-made" doctrine!  GOD SEES & u will remb when u "Stand before the judgment

2. cmktk profile image60
    cmktkposted 7 years ago

Let me sum up what all the intelligent answers were...
    I'm right - what you are is up to you

(BTW I'm not christian...)

1. profile image52

No person is "right," ONLY the WORD of GOD!

2. Kiss andTales profile image60
      Kiss andTalesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Eric you are correct no has the right to judge people as fools but the one who know us inside out. It is unloving as a Christian to call people fools.
      Mathew 5:22 says you will be judge for calling your fellow human a fool.
      How can one miss this .

3. profile image52

Tell Paul that when he wrote Galatians 3:1 calling the Church in Galatia IGNORANT for misinterpreting Scripture! 
      If WORD is given, take it up with GOD because HE "inspired" IT!
      How can you get around that One or did you "miss" II Tim 3:16?

4. Ericdierker profile image46

Wow Norine you really do believe that you are equal with Paul. I am sorry but that would indicate a delusion.

5. Kiss andTales profile image60

The people here are not Galatians either .Php 4:8 brothers,
      whatever things are lovable, whatever things are well spoken of, whatever virtue there is and whatever praiseworthy thing there is, continue considering these things.
      Truth.

6. profile image52

K&T: U sit back like "an old vulture" (Scribes/Pharisees) waiting for the kill don't you?  LOL God "SEES" u!  HE has given me the things to say from HIS WORD & u can't "see!" I pray for IGNORANCE!
      Eric:I hope I am (I Cor 11:1)! My family says

7. Edwinoel Tanglao profile image60

Beza Christ is calling u n all who believe more on human intelligence. Intelligence is a gift fr God meant to be shared in d truth of ur spirit. Let d HS guide u to divine wisdom where 'divine logic' tells us 'true faith' in d light leads 2 salvation

8. profile image52

Ed: I am "sharing" what Holy Spirit told me to tell u - READ & BLV Hebrews vs "teachings!" Holy Spirit is WORD & HE "guides" so BELIEVE what "IS WRITTEN!" I didn't put It there! Get upset w/GOD bcuz WORD "tears down" ur "traditions" (Is 28:13

3. profile image53
    niconikkoposted 7 years ago

I get really confused about beliefs especially those that are contradicting. I realized this when I once pondered on a mentor of mine. He is the type of person that you will feel threatened especially if you don't know him yet. He does all sorts of unethical things that makes you irritated sometimes. But when it comes to talking about faith and spirituality, I find that there is actually no problem with him. In fact, he is a very spiritual person and you will get to admire him once he starts talking and preaching to you. The way he presents Bible verses is unquestionable and is sure to get you hooked. The problem is that he is actually a person that is hated by many people due to his personality. His enemies were also using Bible scriptures as well against him when they post in Facebook. The reason I think is for them to attract and gain support from fellow friends and therefore help spread the word of my mentor's wrong doings.

Bottomline: It turns out that the Bible can be used to your favor in many different ways.

1. Ericdierker profile image46

Interesting perspective. I see where you are coming from and it is worth thinking about.

2. celafoe profile image55

why in the world  would you want a mentor that does all sorts of unethical things?      It sounds like his "enemies" as you call them,  probably are correct and following scripture to expose and stay away from him as he WILL  lead youastray.

3. profile image52

"Unethical" is in eye of beholder! Hubbers believe I'm "unethical!" II Cor 11:6! TRUTH hurts!
      If from Bible, you should ask the Holy Spirit to "guide you into TRUTH!"  Listen, but "Search Scripture!" 
      If "hated by many ppl" GOD says OK (Jn 15:18)!

4. profile image52

"Unethical" is in eye of beholder!  I'm "uneth" to Hubbers since against their "TWISTED" beliefs! If WORD given, "Search Scripture" asking Holy Spirit to "lead & guide" to TRUTH! If "hated" must be right in sight of GOD (Jn 15:18)!
      Eric GOD "SEES

5. Edwinoel Tanglao profile image60

Amen niko If the light is in you u will feel God's embrace. D HS will guide u to His light, to 'true faith' where u become 1 with God in Christ through God's covenant w us in His blood, d Holy Eucharist is meant 2 unite ol Christ blvrs 2 love n mercy

6. profile image52

U are really "hung up" on "traditions" (Holy Euc)! There's NOTHING we can "DO" to receive Salv (Eph 2:8-9) "Lest any man should boast!"
      CHRIST HAS DONE IT ALL (GRACE) & HATES defiance of HIS WORD (I Cor 10:20; 11:20)! DO NOT EAT THE LORD'S SUPPE

4. Joelipoo profile image77
    Joelipooposted 7 years ago

For anyone to truly broadcast the attitude of "I am right and you are wrong" is unhealthy, regardless of being a Christian or not. That haughty attitude is very off-putting. As Christians, we are called to love God first and our neighbors second. We are not called to judge one another, seeing as that is for God to do. If I live my life the way God commands me to, God's love should shine through in my life. I shouldn't have to tell someone their life is being lived the wrong way.

Really a good answer. And you are right the question can apply to all of life.

2. profile image52

Joe: Are we not to "correct" our kids if we "LOVE?" Same w/believers! GOD (WORD) is RIGHT "ONLY" not me or u! "God commands" us to live "AFTER THE CROSS" or "ACCURSED" (Gal 1:6-9)! & I didn't write IT!

5. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

They can claim it is the only correct one for them - but no one else.  God speaks to me through His Word.  I have no idea what He says to anybody else.  The reverse of that, of course, is that you can't tell me I'm wrong either.  You can disagree though.

Kathleen, I like that comment, it reminds me that the real basis of Christianity is not dogma or doctrine but rather our personal relationship. And it would not be personal if all were exactly the same.

2. profile image52

"Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus" (Phil 2:5)! What does this mean, "love?"  NOPE! "ALL" WORD is GOD'S MIND! HE says the same to "ALL!" Either we "interpret" or allow HS do HIS job! WORD (HS) doesn't "disagree" w/SELF!

6. Blessed Hill profile image61
    Blessed Hillposted 7 years ago

I agree, when I received Christ at 13 the "right"  thing for me as far as my faith was concerned to do was believe in Jesus, read my bible and go to church. That was as far as my revelation of truth went. But the more I walked in that revelation of truth the more the Holy Spirit lead me into truth. Did I always walk in truth? No! I screwed up heaps but His grace is big enough every time to pick me up, dust me off and set me in the way again. The bible is the ETERNAL LIVING TRUTH of God. All of that truth is available to us right now, doesn't mean walk in it straight away.
    As we walk in fellowship with God and develop our relationship with Him based upon His truth we get a deeper and larger revelation of His truth. Until you or I walk in all the truth of God we are not qualified to judge someone else and tell them that they are wrong and I/you are right.
    Doesn't Jesus say in John 16:8 "And when He(the Holy Spirit) has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment"
    Didn't John the apostle say that the world will know that we are followers of Christ by the love we express and show fellow believer's. Jesus being Gods expression of Grace set us free from the law of sin and death. So to be a follower of Christ means to be a follower or agent/ambassador of Grace. If you or I preach any other gospel than the gospel of Christ/Grace we are Anti-Christ/anti-Grace.
    Scripture is the grace and love of God expressed through the person Jesus Christ (the Word made flesh). So if the Word of God is His greatest expression of love and grace why on God's beautiful green earth are so called believer's using it to beat people up-side the head with it, preaching guilt and condemnation with the Word that has set us free from all of that. Just because you know what the Word says does not give you any power or authority to call someone, who God created, accursed! Who do you think you are? Jesus died and paid for every persons sin and has set us free from the CURSE of the law.
    If you have been saved by Grace then Corinthians says to work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. The Holy Spirit inside you will reveal the magnitude of the GIFT of Grace you have received and it's your responsibility to walk in that truth.
    Bible also says that the work God starts in us He will bring to completion.
    Scripture is given for YOU to walk in, not to be wielded like a club to bludgeon people into obeisance.
    The Grace and peace of God be upon all

That is really well said. Yours is a very valid viewpoint.

2. Blessed Hill profile image61
      Blessed Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Eric - thank you for your truthful and level headed approach to God's Word. My heart breaks as I'm sure the Lord's does too when the people He died for bicker and argue over interpretation of doctrine. We are to unite in faith not doctrine.

3. profile image52

BH: The "Gospel of Christ" DID NOT BEGIN until *"AFTER THE CROSS!" "Fellow believers" are *those & who oppose are "ACCURSED" or "anti-Christ" (Gal 1:6-9)!
      I DIDN'T write IT!
      Stop looking @ Paul as "just a man," for he was JESUS talking, or "ACCUR

4. Blessed Hill profile image61
      Blessed Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Nor: If Paul is "not just a man but Jesus talking" then so is every believer that is filled with the Holy Spirit. Which means you need 2 listen 2 and consider what evry believer has to say if that is your viewpoint. u were accursed till u believed

5. profile image52

You're RIGHT! I was "ACCURSED!" 
      If their holy spirit does not align w/WORD, they're ONLY "testing the spirits!"
      If they don't believe in NEW COVENANT, we live AFTER Acts 2, we are saved by GRACE thru FAITH, they should "GO BACK!"

Norine are you a follower of the ACM movement?

7. profile image52

GOD won't let you "leave me alone" will HE?  You need to humble yourself and let GOD do HIS job in your life which will benefit generations to come in your family! 
      I had to google!
      NOPE! I'm a member of the JESUS MOVEMENT!

8. Ericdierker profile image46

What are you talking about Nor? Look at the question -- I am the one who asked it and you come here and suggest I am following you? You are amazing.

9. profile image52

NO! You asked me to "leave you alone" & I was saying "GOD won't let you be left alone" will HE?  Heb 12:11 "Now no chastening for the present seem joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness.."FM

10. Edwinoel Tanglao profile image60

B Hill If faith in doctrine aligns w d 'word' then doctrine of 'true faith' lives in d light of truth. If u judge 4 self interest d light escapes u, when Mammon rules u not d Spirit n truth in Christ. Feel d light n feel Christ in u n remain in Him.B

11. profile image52

"if u judge 4 self interest d light escapes u, when Mammon rules u not d Spirit n truth in Christ." Tell the Catholic Faith that for I don't make a dime! I don't judge, WORD does!
      I'm telling u, You are involved w/FALSE DOCTRINE! 
      I pray!

7. cam8510 profile image91
    cam8510posted 7 years ago

Eric, great question.  It has taken me a while to finally join in the discussion here.  There were serious disagreements about the interpretation of scripture at the very beginning of the Church. 

Paul and Peter went round and round about what to require of gentile converts.  Both could not have been right.  If one could have been wrong, then they both could have been wrong.  The Bible can be absolutely true down to the crossing of the t's and the dotting of the i's, but that would not answer the question of interpretation which you have raised. 

The New Testament tells us that the Spirit of God instructs us and that we have no need of  a teacher.  It balances that statement with other references to the need for being taught by others. 

All of this should prepare us to expect differences of interpretation.  Faith in the God of the Bible must not be confused with faith in one's own understanding of that God.  He is who he is regardless of the beliefs we distill from the words of scripture. 

Humility is the key.  Hold strongly to the God of your faith.  Hold loosely to the tenets that are the result of human interpretations of sacred texts.

1. profile image52

Men "interpret" but the Holy Spirit "reveals" TRUTH! 
      If Scripture says HS will "lead & guide us into ALL TRUTH," it is commanded of us to "WAIT" (Acts 1:4) for HIS assistance then we would have Faith in SAME "ONE MIND" (JESUS) & not "DIFFER

2. profile image58

Christ is and will alway be our TEACHER through the Holy Spirit.  Read John 16:14 (NKJV) He will glorify Me, for He will take what is Mine and "DECLARE" IT TO YOU.

3. Ericdierker profile image46

K&C and Norine, is it possible for the Holy Spirit to talk to us all differently, as he did to Peter and Paul? If your answer is no, then you two are lost causes.

4. profile image58

Eric- If you truely want to seek truth, then you have a lot to learn.

Have a good day.

5. Ericdierker profile image46

Hmm, let us see -- K&C and Norine both think they are guided by the Holy Spirit yet they are divided in their understanding. So either they are guided differently, one is not guided or both are not guided. You decide.

6. profile image52

Eric, read Acts 11! HS (aka JESUS) "revealed" circumcision to Peter too! Not "differently" but as our FAITH allows! If we "block" HE will not "reveal!" Why we MUST stay "OPEN" not throw n trash or delete! If so, "meat too strong" & Jn 16:12-15!

7. Kiss andTales profile image60

Romans 9:16 it depends on God the owner of his messa
      1Cor 3:6-7 is clear that niether the one that plants or water.
      But it is God who makes it grow.
      The message in the letter is Gods word
      That makes disciples. We are just carriers that deliver

8. profile image52

Yes, BUT we MUST "plant the seed!" 
      Now get busy!
      Stop "running" when one questions your belief & do as I Peter 3:15 say "Give an answer to EVERY MAN that askethu a reason of the hope that is in you" or will u cont to listen to "Miller?"

9. Gaurav Oberoi profile image67
      Gaurav Oberoiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

NW I dont give two boots to what you r saying, there is no 'Burden of proof" here, this is not a criminal trial.If u dont wanna read it urself-----up to u

10. profile image52

You will when you "stand before the judgment seat of Christ" and have continued to violate II Kings 17:29-41!

I pray!

8. Gabriel Wilson profile image90
    Gabriel Wilsonposted 7 years ago

I must say after reading some of the comments on here I'm thinking ''a little unbalanced'' is but too kind.
    I do think that such a clear cut notion of ''I am right and you are wrong'' is not a healthy perspective for any Christian in so far as belief in God and belief in what man has written in the word of God are two different things. Can I believe in God without believing in the words written by man, yes I can, but of course that just inspires those who are a little unbalanced to go fall right of the edge. Makes for some interesting reading all the same albeit a bit scary.

1. profile image52

Do you believe? If so, believe 2 Tim 3:16; Jer 31:33;Heb 8:10;10:16; Jn 14:26;16:13;Acts 1:4;8; 2:2;38!  Now you believe in New Covenant & should live under as did the disciples in Acts 2:42!
      If "unbalanced" u're looking as those in Acts 2:13!

2. Gabriel Wilson profile image90
      Gabriel Wilsonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Norine, if I was to take the things you write seriously I would not believe for no other reason than they way you deliver, with very little conviction and all based on hearsay that was and has been written and rewritten by man. Unbalanced, go figure.

3. profile image52

OH! So u are an "Unbeliever?" "Man?" Who can withstand the Hand of GOD (aka Holy Spirit)? Don't "Believe" or you would KNOW - NOBODY! If u don't believe HE will "lead & guide u" into LIES OF "MAN" u r an "Unbeliever!

4. Gabriel Wilson profile image90

I rest my case.

5. profile image52

Since an Unbeliever, provide a book with as many "fulfilled prophecies" written BEFORE Bible or "I rest my case!"

6. Gabriel Wilson profile image90

Norine you are missing the point here, read what I wrote: Can I believe in God without believing in the words written by man, yes I can. Your quotes were all written by man and to deny that you are off your rocker. No higher power wrote the Bible.

7. profile image52

Well GOD LIED! II Tim 3:16 says "All Scripture is INSPIRED BY GOD..." and if u blv man inserted that provide a book with as many "fulfilled prophecies" written BEFORE Bible?
      If u blv, u must become as child & BELIEVE "ALL" of HIS WORD or LOST!

8. Kiss andTales profile image60

G.O The Heavenly Father is the only one who created human life.
      He feeds us all by providing the earth to produce.
      Matt 5:45 says the truth.
      Answering a prayer does not mean you keep his approval , Judas walked with Jesus but betrayed him.

9. profile image52

Thank GOD for Judas for he was "vessel" used in order for JESUS to go the "THE CROSS" & "FULFILL SCRIPTURE!"

10. Gaurav Oberoi profile image67

K&T then lemme ask u a ques. Who do  u think answers a prayer?

11. Kiss andTales profile image60

G.O good question , Matth 7:11 tells the truth. To prove the point.
      Read At Matt4:9 tells us who grants and gives.
      Many think God the Father hear all No!
      Lament 3:44, So your prayer may not pass through.
      Isaiah 59:2 says he refuses to hear you.

12. profile image52

GOD is so "GRACIOUS" HE "RAINS ON THE JUST & UNJUST" (Matt 5:45)! 
      II Kings 17:29-41 SPOKE of those "Serving other gods!"

13. Gaurav Oberoi profile image67

"just and unjust" so Norine u have now resorted to calling all the non christians unjust? Wow!

14. profile image52

Why do u say "*I* call" when I was only quoting what JESUS SAID?
      Do u not believe Bible either?  JESUS was talking in Matt 5:45, not "me!"
      U sound like the "Christians" on HP!

15. profile image0
      jonnycomelatelyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Gabriel, you cannot win, but you don't need to. That "God" they pray to only exists in their minds.  If a prayer gets answered as they want it to, God was the giver.  If it doesn't get answered they will always find an excuse.  Convenient, eh?

16. Gaurav Oberoi profile image67

"serve other gods?"....Norine, so according to u it is not possible that a person can be a non Christian and still be a righteous and just human being? What is more imp being a christian or being a benevolent and honest human? I want a straight answr

17. profile image52

How can 1 be "a righteous & just person" yet don't BELIEVE the "CREATOR?" "Rt & just" is NOT "in the eye of the beholder," but is according to what GOD HAS SAID!
      If not fm BIBLE ("inspired WORD of GOD;" II Tm 3:16), NOT "RIGHT!"
      TRUE ANSWER!

18. Ericdierker profile image46

Truly amazing to believe that you know more than God about everything. What do you say about the books of the bible that the Nicene council threw away Norine. Was the council God inspired like you? Or were they political clergy beasts?

19. profile image52

Who "KNOWS MORE THAN GOD?" R u "IGNORANT?" Nicene Council has NOTHING on the HOLY SPIRIT Who tells 1 "ALL THGS!" Did HE not SAY HE would "lead & guide into ALL TRUTH?" I BELIEVE! How about u?

20. Kiss andTales profile image60

Jonny  not true .let me apply that statment you made to you.
      If I communicate with you and you do not answer me you dont exist?
      Also consider move ahead thousand of years people , the same words would be said about your existince
      you are real.He is

21. profile image52

Girl Jony "MOCKS" GOD! SATAN n disguise as he puts it he's "impregnated w/demons!" The only x u see him "come out" when TRUTH is coming forth & someone believes; then he comes & "tries" to prevent (Jn 10:10)!
      "Resist the devil&he will fle

22. Gaurav Oberoi profile image67

Oh Norine are u that unilluminated? When did johnny ever mock God? Its nothing more than ur glaring ignorance.READ get your history right!U r proving urself nothing more than a misfit

23. profile image52

Keep denying II Kings 17:29-41 & you will find out who the "misfit" is!  If u can't provide "the book" w/as many accurate fulfilled prophecies written BEFORE Bible & deny the "JEALOUS CREATOR, u r the "misfit!"

24. Gaurav Oberoi profile image67

are u that stubborn? I have provided u "that book" with more fufilled prophecies millions of times, u never listen!

25. profile image52

Provide AGAIN w/an "ACCURATE FULFILLED PROPHECY" that is NOT IN BIBLE since there are "MORE!" 
      Prove I'm "STUBBORN!"

26. Gaurav Oberoi profile image67

stubborn=having or showing dogged determination not to change one's attitude, hence proved/ hinc probatur.Read the 12 prime prophecies of Geeta each containing 9973 prophecies in the subset.

27. profile image52

Can't Google. Tell me what they say & how fulfilled in this era!

28. Gaurav Oberoi profile image67

I am nt your slave norine. Do it urself or forget it

29. profile image0

"God" has caused bad weather here, power cuts for 36 hrs,  your god is out of control, Norine.  Tell him to get the climate organised or I will be suing him for damages.   You are laughable Norine.  And you too, K&T.

30. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

jonnycomelately, NW & K&T are in a class by themselves.  They're QUITE UNIQUE ..........in a NEGATIVE way.  Don't encourage them, they AREN'T happy people.  If they were, they wouldn't act the way they do.

31. Kiss andTales profile image60

gmwilliams lol! You forgot your name but I will put it there ! NORINE, KT, GMWILLIAMS
      Are a class of their own .
      Now that's true ! lol, I am rolling you hp hubers keep me laughing but I love you.

32. profile image52

GO:  The "Burden of Proof" is on YOU! YOU STATED IT! OTHERWISE; u LIE!
      K&T:  Ignore "Ignorance" (Unbelievers)! "Resist the devil & he will flee" (Jm 4:7)!

33. profile image0

Norine, if you can see the devil in me, there is no wonder you cannot ignore me.... must be some sort of fascination with the devil.

34. profile image52

I never stalk you or your comments; therefore, it is proven there is fascination of GOD'S WORD from the devil!  He constantly fulfills John 10:10 through whomever (you too Mr. Jony)!  You should recognize him better than u are (spiritually)!

35. profile image58

I, too, believe that Alan was spawned by satan

36. Ericdierker profile image46

This is a bizarre exchange. I have not heard "spawn of devil" in a long time. I thought they only cooked up these notions for low cost movies. I definitely remember some suggesting Christ was of the devil.

37. profile image52

Satan is spirit Eric! He enters "anyone" & is why we have to "put on the WHOLE ARMOR of GOD" (WORD) Eph6:11-18 to fight him! I ASK u to STUDY for knowledge & defense!

38. celafoe profile image55

if you dont ignore the Chistian bashers like alan, g.o., etc they will not go away.   if you stop feeding them they we go away.  and of course their great facilitator eric feeds the fires too.  just ignore and delete them

39. profile image52

I like to do what WORD says "GIVE THEM TRUTH" (Lev 19:17) then the "Ball" is back in their court (Ezk 3:18)! 2Pet 2:21 "For it had been better for them not to have known the way  of righteousness, than after they know it, turn from it when delv'd

40. Gaurav Oberoi profile image67

first of all Norine this is not a criminal trial so there is no 'burden of proof on me' secondly the Devil u keep talking about is mostly 'In ur head' maybe memmon,maybe even Balthazzar, AAmon, Agaliarept, botis are also in there somewhere.BEWARE!!

41. profile image52

Let me repeat what I said of Jony: [GO] "MOCKS" GOD! SATAN n disguise & impregnated w/demons! The only x u "come out" is when TRUTH is coming forth & someone believes; then u come & "try" to prevent (Jn 10:10)!
      READ IIKgs17:29-41! I pray

9. NatashaL profile image79
    NatashaLposted 7 years ago
    1. profile image52

But you hear!

10. Gaurav Oberoi profile image67
    Gaurav Oberoiposted 7 years ago

Hello Eric, that's a very imp question!! I feel that the answer to this question is a crystal clear 'No.' And that not only relates to the Bible but all the other holy scriptures as well. Though there are different sections in various scriptures which are to meant be followed as they are for e.g. if I talk about the Vedas there are certain steps called 'Vidhis' (Protocols) to be followed for example before you start the prayers or a 'Yagya' (ritual done in front of a sacred fire, with mantras.)

Secondly, It is pertinent to mention here that, perception precedes interpretation. Now there are a plethora of experiments that prove that each and every one of us perceive things differently. Thus will interpret them differently.

Lastly, As much as we would like it  to be so, the world is not Unipolar. Everyone is not made the same way and the orientation of people's thought process is not linear. We are different and thus we cannot claim that our interpretation of the Holy Bible or any other Holy Book for that matter is Correct, Immaculate, Fool-Proof, Watertight or whatever else people may like to call it.

1. profile image52

What happened to the "WORKS" of the Holy Spirit?  Is HE (GOD) not in your RELIGION?

2. Gaurav Oberoi profile image67

hello Norine. I knew you would sneak your way in! Anyway, read carefully before you comment.

3. Kiss andTales profile image60

gAberoi , your defention is ok for you.
      But evidence proves different , the bible is not of human content even tnough humans were used like secretaries to write the Heavenly Father thoughts.
      The moon ,stars ,animals are named in the bible are real

4. celafoe profile image55

go- in looking ar your profile it shows you are nt a Christian so anything you say has NO VALUE to Christians and is out of place here.   Your comment certainly does not pass the scripture test.   Also=NO  book is holy the contets may be but not book

5. profile image52

GO:  I rest my case!  These believers are looking w/the eyes of a Christian (although FAITH needs increase)! 
      Happy 4th guys!  Read my Happy 4th HUB!
      I pray!

Gaurav, what an interesting comment. I always like a comparative religion perspective. There is so much to learn in this world. Thank you for your enlightening comment.

7. Gaurav Oberoi profile image67

Kiss&Tales:Definition of what?+What U say about Bible is exactly What the Hindus say about Geeta.But the point being raised is  about 'interpretation' of humans. CHARLIE:Not a Christian? Really?That's the reason to disqualify someone's views?

8. celafoe profile image55

go-- on a supposed Christian discussion ABSOLUTELY YES.

9. Gaurav Oberoi profile image67

Thanks Eric!! I appreciate your point of view.

10. Ericdierker profile image46

There is that pesky - "only I am right" problem again. Interesting how it comes up on a question like this one. Interesting if a non-Christian believes exactly what a Christian believes about a given scripture is the non still wrong?

11. Gaurav Oberoi profile image67

Exactly my point Eric!!

12. Edwinoel Tanglao profile image60

Guarav once you open your heart and soul to d HS, that's when u may experience a revelation from d HS dt we need to live in spirit, not ruled by d flesh, to see d correct interpretation from
      one who possesses d  Spirit of God, Gal 5:1, 13-18.

13. profile image52

Eric, when u welcome other gods, u worship 2! Same w/"Christianity!" If u believe any doctrine but "AFTER THE CROSS," you worship other god (Gal 1:6-9)! WORD "MUST BE" - "RIGHTLY DIVIDED!"

11. Ajax 2016 profile image61
    Ajax 2016posted 7 years ago

I just wrote a hub on this. I am fascinated with religion and its utilization to control masses. I have encountered so many views and opinions and research-wow! I focused on the controversial topics. To your question I refer you to Buddha and the 14 questions. For I really find Buddha most enlightening especially when he refers to breaking the chains of questions we cannot answer and instead just learning all we can to feed the soul.

1. profile image52

"Learn all u can to feed the soul" goes against THE CREATOR!  READ Proverbs 3:5 "Lean NOT to "your own" understanding" but TRUST HIM to "lead & guide u into ALL truth" (Jn 14:26)!
      This is an ALL SPIRITUAL journey!

2. Ericdierker profile image46

Very interesting Ajax.

3. profile image52

Eric, u DON'T CARE what SCRIPTURE says, do u? U keep thinking u r to "learn man" to confuse u w/what HE HAS SAID, don't u? U r a FOOL!Trash n=Trash out!Who can "withstand the knowledge of GOD" (aka HOLY SPIRIT)?
      R u so "immature" in spirit to defy?

4. Ajax 2016 profile image61
      Ajax 2016posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Norine I love it! I would like to feed your soul. In fact have you studied more than just the scripture? I ask you to study your religion across all disciplines. Biblical history is shocking. Add in social and political influence. Good reads.

5. profile image52

Sure! Hrs toward Masters degree n "Theology!" So (Phil 3:8)?
      "I BELIEVE" WORD! U don't (Prov 3:5)!
      GOD told me to "got out of that mess" & do as HE SAYS! What about u?

6. Kiss andTales profile image60

Budda is a man made god. What can this god do for the future of death ? Nothing. What can it promise humans nothing ? Many gods exist but are a destaction to the most high and living Father who deserves our attention and time.
      It is idol worship.

7. profile image52

I keep trying to tell Manita that but he doesn't believe II Kgs 17:29-41 or the POWER of the Holy Spirit who will tell everyone ANYTHING about what has been added or deleted from Bible!

8. f_hruz profile image60
      f_hruzposted 7 years agoin reply to this

How can you feed something which doesn't exist? You can sharpen your perception of what is real & rational, versus what is unreal & irrational so you can select the things with a higher value to collect in your mindspace for you to build on .

9. profile image52

How can you NOT provide a book with as many "accurate fulfilled prophecies" written BEFORE Bible?  Please provide!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)