Trump supporters are on the Capitol steps; bomb threats happening now

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (196 posts)
  1. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 3 years ago

Some have pushed their way into both the House and Senate.

The Capitol Police have asked for reinforcements. The constitutional proceedings have been halted. Legislators have been told to shelter in place.

Will Trump ask them to stop? I doubt it, but maybe he will come through and do the right thing, as Sharlee once asserted he would.

1. ScottSBateman profile image71
      ScottSBatemanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Trump won't ask them to stop because he urged them to do it. I watched his speech and heard him say so.

2. lions44 profile image95
      lions44posted 3 years agoin reply to this

What happened to all that "Back the Blue" rhetoric?   The party of Law and Order is nothing but a drug cartel.   Trump supporters should be ashamed.

When it comes to winning at all costs -- even when it endangers the country and Constitution -- some people have no shame.

2. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Sigh....It gives me no pleasure to say this, but this is the logical progression of millions of people suspending their basic values of human decency to support a lying POS because he makes them feel safe.

Ugh. This is so heartbreaking watching a coup attempt in our own country.

Even GOP members of Congress are now calling it a coup.

1. GA Anderson profile image89
            GA Andersonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It's good to see you pop back in Scott? Looks like a new account.

Let me first disagree with you—one more time, just for old time's sake. ;-)

I would not call this a coup. I can think of dozens of other words, (I will give you a list), but a coup isn't one of them. After all my efforts to give Trump supporters the benefit of the doubt, on this one . . . I got nothing.

I could go with; shameful, disgusting, unamerican, dangerous, etc. And those are for Trump and his rally speech. But they would also apply to the mob in the rally.

Pres. Trump is directly responsible for this. He revved-up his rally crowd and then turned them loose.

I will continue to make a distinction between Trump's hardcore base and the rest of his 75 million voters, (there are some good people on both sides), :-0, but that hardcore base gets no more slack from me. They are worse than idiots, they are dangerous idiots.

GA

Thanks, GA. I deleted all of my high-value articles on HP and published them elsewhere.

Now I have found the time and energy to cross swords again with you.  wink

You are not disagreeing with me about the coup reference. You are disagreeing with a GOP congressman.

Paragraph 4: I agree with you, as well as illegal and anti Constitution.

Paragraph 5: I agree.

Paragraph 6: I agree.

Crud. We're off to a bad start when we largely agree. Sorry.

2. profile image0
              savvydatingposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You don't know who forced their way into the capitol. They could have been agent provocateurs from the Left.

Trump supporters are not known for violence.

We will know more after an investigation.... if there is one, which is doubtful in this day and age..

1. GA Anderson profile image89
                GA Andersonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

know, I know. I can't believe my lying eyes. Sure was a lot of "provocateurs."

GA

1. profile image0
                  savvydatingposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Like I said, Trump supporters are not known for violence.

1. IslandBites profile image90
                    IslandBitesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ha!

2. profile image0

They're actually famous for their refusal to accept reality, and this statement supports that.

2. peterstreep profile image80
                peterstreepposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Again you have could be stories. Like the election could have been a massive fraud. The right could have been the left...
                And you have the reality.
                Stick to the reality is my advise, even if you don't like it.

3. profile image0
              Stevennix2001posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Regardless, Trump needs to put a stop to this because the only people that are going to suffer is the people that storming capital hill.    Honestly, I always found when the liberal media made claims that the Republican was going to fall apart after the election, I usually dismissed it as fake news, but after hearing about this, I can definitely see it happening now, as it seems not all Republicans are behind this move, so I wouldn't be surprised once all of this is over, that we might see the republican party be split up into two different political parties.

3. profile image0

Welp, I feared something like this would happen honestly.  This is exactly why I told people regardless of who wins the election the possibility of a civil war over the results still could be inevitable.  I hope I'm wrong, but only time will tell.  I just hope nobody gets hurt during this mess; regardless of which side they chose to fall on, as that would be a disaster.

4. lions44 profile image95
      lions44posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Update:
      1. The woman shot earlier has apparently died.
      2.  One, possibly two now, IEDs have been found inside the building. 1 confirmed, but waiting on word that the other is not a fake.

5. peterstreep profile image80

And so the consequences of spreading fake alligation about stealing elections comes to  climax.

1. Ken Burgess profile image76
        Ken Burgessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Is it though?

Is this the climax?

Or is this just somewhere in the middle of what began back in March?

This wasn't a small group of people, this was between 100k and 200k people in the streets at the height of the gathering.

We had a year of "protests" in Oregon, we had the CHAZ in Washington, we have more homeless than homed in Southern California.

The election and Trump's induced volatility I believe is masking a much bigger series of issues people are choosing to ignore.

Once Trump is indeed gone, we are going to be left with all those issues remaining, and the millions of people (from BOTH sides) that are disenfranchised with their government and the system.

1. peterstreep profile image80

Once Trump is indeed gone, we are going to be left with all those issues remaining, and the millions of people (from BOTH sides) that are disenfranchised with their government and the system.

Yes. you are probably right.
          And perhaps it is time  to have a good look at the political system as this was design for different times. Today the US looks completely different then 300 years ago.
          My country Spain just underwent a drastic political change. Going from a two party system to a 5 party system and some local parties. This coming from a dictatorship in the 70's.
          Time changes a society, and perhaps the Trump years showed the flaws in the system. As two parties are perhaps not enough to embody the whole political spectrum. Perhaps 2 left-wing, a centre and 2 right-wing would be better. As it looks that people feel disconnected with the parties today.
          Just a  thought.

Revolution comes from a failed system...

Or more correctly a failed economy.

Our fiat currency has come to its end... as all fiats do.

The Dollar's demise was as certain as the sun rising in the east the day they took it off the gold standard.. and its end is imminent... and therefore so is our system as we have known it.

Isn't the dollar connected to oil? And as long as oil is flowing...
              I think the US has still a firm grip on the oil industry.
              But I can imagine that green energy like solar, wind, water etc is perhaps a bit of a threat.

More than 30% of the 'dollars' in existence were created in 2020.

In 1920... the value of  $1was 100 cents.

In 2020... a $1 has 3 cents value in comparison (and that was 6 months ago).

The dollar is backed by nothing, there was a time when an agreement was made in regards to the dollar and oil production (primarily with Saudi Arabia) but that is long past its value as the rest of the world has developed and China become the primary source of industry and user of raw materials.

In 1920... the value of  $1was 100 cents.

maybe so, but on the other hand, the standard of living has never been so high. There is less poverty in the world and fewer wars than in 1920. People are more educated. In general, the world is improving.

You are shifting focus from the USA to the world.

The American economy can collapse, the US of A can enter into the worst depression it has faced in a hundred years, and its people suffer, and the world can still improve.

One is not the other... China has never been better or stronger on the global stage... but that comes at the expense of America primarily, and its economy.  One rises as the other falls.

2. IslandBites profile image90
    IslandBitesposted 3 years ago

The left is so violent!

3. profile image0

They have a right to protest but not to storm the Capitol. I see tear gas in their immediate future.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Would you not accept the actions taken by the left in Portland and other cities during prior riots?  That is, do nothing?  Or maybe join the riots?

1. profile image0

You know, I have no more Goddamned patience for this. I have never supported violence and I have never said nothing should be done to stop it.

Stop it. Just stop.

4. profile image0

Woman has been shot in the chest on the Capitol grounds and is in critical condition

1. profile image0

Wait are you serious?  Oh my god....this is going to escalate quickly.

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The woman is now dead.

5. Credence2 profile image79
    Credence2posted 3 years ago

Nobody, anywhere or at anytime henceforth should ever complain to me regarding the excesses of the left.

Trump and his goons, this is your American Right on display.

The stench of Trump and Trumpism needs to be expunged from the universe.

I don't know the extent or the numbers involved.

I do recognize the seriousness of this, and what it portends.

Unfortunately for those of you caught up in the political posturing for your side, or against Trump, I feel you are missing the greater meaning of this.

Our Nation is collapsing in front of our eyes, and many do not see the seriousness of this moment because of the state of politics and Trump.

California, Oregon and Washington are spiraling out of control, the homeless are everywhere in those states, unemployment is skyrocketing, and anyone with the financial means are fleeing.

Bigger than political extremism of either side is the growing unrest towards these Lock Downs... there is no amount of military force that can enforce another year of lockdowns like we saw in 2020... what we are seeing in the Capitol today may be the beginning of a revolt against our government, not merely a reaction to Trump stirring the pot.

The tens of millions that have survived the last few months on unemployment and stimulus will have run out of both... and they aren't likely to be happy with more lockdowns, or losing their homes.

Trump being removed from office isn't going to change that at all.

1. Credence2 profile image79
        Credence2posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ken, you cannot see that Trump is behaving like a tyrannical dictator?

Removing Trump from office may not solve all the problems, but it is a damned good start.

I am for Biden and his administration using whatever means necessary to put down insurrection from these unwashed Trump supporter types. Treason and insurrection on this scale has not been seen since the Civil War and the rest of us will not tolerate it.

I think Biden will be reasonable about the proper balance between the public health and commerce, much more than Trump has been.

1. Readmikenow profile image94
          Readmikenowposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Cred, trust me and take this to the bank.

If the there is an actual effort to remove President Donald Trump before the next 13 days, you will see insurrection on levels you can only imagine.  It will go on all around the country.

This would be like throwing gas on a fire.  It wouldn't be good, trust me.

I hear you, but rest assured the left, Democrats and President Biden will not abide such behavior.

If Trump behaves himself he can play "President" for the next 13 days. But his lease is up on the 20th of January and he will vacate the premises even if it takes the point of a bayonet as encouragement.

So, I say, Bring it on....

Cred, seriously?

I'm sure you see this for what it is.  Impeaching or removing President Donald Trump in the next 13 days isn't going to happen.  It's impossible.

Guess how long it take to impeach a president? Much longer than 13 days.

Guess how long it take to remove a president based on the 25th amendment? Much longer than 13 days.

This is just theater.  Pelosi, Schumer and the other Democrats are putting on a show for their base. 

They know it's going to happen but it sure makes them sound great in the media and to their base.

That is all there is to it.

You are probably right about the sheer time frame involved, but he still has only 13 days.

On this...we agree.

2. profile image0

Still, Pence would temporarily serve as president until the proceedings are concluded. Trump is dangerous and must be removed.

2. Ken Burgess profile image76

Trump was finished once the election was over.
          I said that then, why would I be interested in the matter now?

As I have said many times, I don't watch MSM, gave it up years ago and my life is much improved for it. so I don't know what stupidity they have been feeding that you have been so worried about.

I told you two months ago, Trump was out, the Dems would win both seats in GA, and they would have the majority to make the drastic changes that are to come in the next couple of years.

I don't waste time dwelling on things already decided.  Trump is nothing but drama for the last two months... political drama for those who can't get enough of lunacy that passes as "news".

Ken, I am impressed because you did mention that you anticipated Democratic wins in regard to the Senate races. A remarkable prediction on your part when otherwise so much was uncertain.

Because Trump and the fortunes of the Republican Party as a whole, I would have thought for the conservative voter, could be separated

Four years is a long time, and much has changed, for the Nation, Globally and significantly for myself as well.

My understanding of how completely China has surpassed America on every critical stage, how invasive they have become in our corporations, politics, media, etc. is vastly improved from how I perceived the matter even three years ago.

My understanding of how substantially technological breakthroughs are, in just a matter of years, changing the very reality of the world around us... instant communication around the world, every person tied to the internet, every vehicle tied to the internet, every person and every vehicle tracked continuously, every purchase made, every query typed into a Search Engine.

Social Credit and Digital Wallets will be reality for all Americans two years from now, within 5 years AI will be driving vehicles for people in all heavily populated areas... owning a vehicle will begin to become a thing of the past, having to go to work will become rarer as more and more people conduct "work" from home.

For better or worse the world is changing, drastically, quickly, and those changes may be the most difficult for people to adapt to and accept here in America... Americans have had more freedom, wealth and more waste than anyone else in the world by far.  But this too will drastically change.

6. NayNay2124 profile image82
    NayNay2124posted 3 years ago

I wonder what would have happened if Black Lives Matter would have stormed the Capitol. It's funny how the right on this site are very quiet. Lol.

We already know. Trump's federal troops fired tear gas, pepper spray and rubber bullets at peaceful protesters just so Trump could have his photo taken in front of a church.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald … r-n1219751

2. Credence2 profile image79

Well NayNay, that was an interesting analogy that you propose, I offer this opinion from a person on the scene.

Have a look at this video if you find the time.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/joy … 29713.html

7. IslandBites profile image90

This says a lot.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErE9JJgXMAY_q7c?format=jpg&name=900x900

A Confederate flag on the second floor of the Capitol Building.

8. NayNay2124 profile image82

This was a breach of our national security, and there should be some accountability for what has happened today.

Somebody left the door open..

9. NayNay2124 profile image82

At the end of the day, WE ARE ALL AMERICANS. We should all be concerned about the security of our nation.

10. NayNay2124 profile image82

To the Trump supporters who feel good about what they did today, I say, keep in mind, the world is watching. what you did today puts all Americans at risk.

11. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 3 years ago

I've searched every video i can find and I still haven't seen footage of violent mobs.  The one video I saw of them entering the building,  i swear they looked like a tour group.

Anyone have a link showing violence? Other than some people rattling a barricade? That's all I've got.

Please watch the entire video. The rioters didn't invade the Capitol building and force police to draw guns just by walking past them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8MtP3KyxSM

The violence also includes at least 2 bombs, a woman shot dead and reports of rioters throwing chemical weapons at police.

I also just saw a video of police in the building <i>running</i> from chasing rioters because they were so outnumbered and in fear of their own lives.

Regardless, we just saw a mob trying to take over the government and force Congress to reject the Biden certification.

12. NayNay2124 profile image82

The Vice President, the Speaker of the House, the Majority Leader of the Senate, all of the Senate and the Congress were in the Capital today. That's concerning for me. Again, WE ARE ALL AMERICANS. Let's never forget that.

13. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 3 years ago

I'm curious how history will look back on these events over 50 to 100 years from now; assuming humanity is still around by that point.  I have a feeling the 2020 election will probably have as many conspiracies surrounding it regarding potential voter fraud, and this latest series of events, as there are conspiracies about the JFK assassination.

14. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 3 years ago

Got back from DC last night after attending the rally.

Trying to process everything I saw and experienced.

I've been to DC for protests before...I never thought I'd see what happened yesterday.  I saw some pretty upsetting things when I was in the Army.  What I saw yesterday scared me, and it should terrify you.

I made my way to the side when things started to get serious and got out of the huge push.  I still got tear-gassed.

After President Donald Trump spoke there was a lot of anger everywhere.  People were saying things like "Listen to me today or hear my musket tomorrow."

I don't think the media reported it correctly.  There were large numbers of minorities in the crowd, but pictures of them never made it in the media.

There were many, many, many veterans in the crowd.  I even spoke to some who were from other states and were in the National Guard there.

When the capital started to get breached people were screaming "Freedom" and others were chanting "U-S-A...U-S-A."  It was surreal.

I then was horrified to learn that other state capitals around the country were breached.

This violence is just the tip of the iceberg.  The next big push to protest will be January 20th and inauguration day. I don't plan to be anywhere near DC that day.  This experience really upset me.

Most of the people in the crowd believe the Democrats stole the presidential election and feel Biden and Harris are fraudulent.  The thing that upset me quite a bit is the strong belief that it no longer matters if they vote.  The Democrats have rigged the election process to where they will always win no matter what.  They feel they now have no voice in how the government is run.

This is the reason for the rage.  These are people who believe they have nothing left to lose since their participation in the election process in meaningless.

I'm telling you right now, putting your fingers in your ears, closing your eyes and saying, 'No, No, No' to the election fraud committed during this election is only going to make things worse.  It needs to be investigated on a federal level.  If not, we are in real trouble.

You can say whatever you want about the protestors.  You can post all the links you want.  Heck, even post some snarky memes if you like.

It won't make any difference.  THIS isn't going away.  It IS only going to get worse.  I don't think the Democrats realize what they've unleashed.

I honestly believe if there isn't some drastic changes, the country as we know it, will soon cease to exist.

When people have no jobs, no hope, and are told to step aside and shut up... whether or not it is because of a pandemic... or just terribly out of touch and arrogant politicians...

I believe your analysis is correct, this is closer to the beginning than the end.

1. profile image0

Sadly I fear your right....

You said it needs to be investigated on a federal level. But if there is an investigation and the result is Biden won, you (general you) wont believe it. It doesnt matter because Trump said so. You (general you) aren't mad because the elections were "fraudulent", you're angry cause Trump lost. Because you believe the world is conspiring against Trump and his followers and you need to have your way.

And I agree, things will probably get worse, for now. But day by day the group of sore losers is going to get smaller. The rats already started to abandon ship. At the end, is going to be only Trump and the fringe  babbling about it.

And yes, there were veterans. One got herself killed. A rabid Trump fan, Qanon fanatic.

I've always said, we need a federal investigation.  People need to testify before Congress.  There needs to be an official report made public.

Ignoring all of the evidence is what is making it worse. 

If a report comes out and it shows that Biden LOST the election...would YOU believe it?

How would the country handle such a thing?

Yes, an unarmed Air Force veteran was killed by a police officer.  Where's the outrage?  Was it her race or the fact that she is a veteran that makes her death so acceptable to the left?  I don't suppose the left will burn, loot and riot over the death of an unarmed white person at the hands of the police.

Left = Hypocrisy and double standards.

It is a shame that she believed all those conspiracy theories that ultimately got her killed.

But she wasnt just an innocent unarmed woman. She was a war veteran and part of a violent group that were breaking doors barricades. Police inside were outnumbered and elected officials were inside. She was part of that violent group who saw there was a police pointing a gun. She decided to enter the door anyway even though some in the group shouted for her to stop.

It is specially sad that after 14 years in the force, she apparently died cover not by the US flag, but by a Trump flag.

She shouldn't have been killed at all.

In that situation, warnings should have been issued.  People have to be told they will be shot if they continue.
            NO warnings were issued.  Once warnings are given, shots can only need to be fired if a person's life is being directly threatened.

I wonder if it would be more important to the left if she had a long criminal history, was on drugs, was a different race, and fought directly with police.

Would the left THEN be outraged by her death?

1. profile image0

Can't we simply agree that death by cop is always sad, whether or not we agree on its justification?

This woman was occupying the Capitol Building where Senators and Representatives were conducting a constitutional proceeding. The Capitol Police showed remarkable restraint under the circumstances. This was not only destruction of property or tearing down a statue. Our legislators were in that building and the police were charged with protecting them.

There was no warning.  It was an ambush.  THAT is what makes it extremely despicable.  The person who fired that shot needs to be brought up on charges of murder.

1. profile image0

I thought I heard warnings on the video.

2. Valeant profile image86
              Valeantposted 3 years agoin reply to this

And we wonder if she had been shot in the back while fleeing if you'd be fine with her death then.  Everything you say sounds like you suddenly support the Black Lives Matter movement.  Welcome aboard, sailor.

If you listen to the video, there were multiple warnings to back away from the doors.  Then you see the guy telling everyone to back away when the policeman draws his weapon.  They continue pulling back the glass and are preparing to invade.

3. peterstreep profile image80

First of all, it's ridiculous that people died here. Secondly, how was it possible that the people were able to enter the Capitol in the first place?
              There is no excuse for these Trump supporters to use violence to enter the head government building.
              There is no excuse for people who build a gallow in front of the Capitol.
              You can not defend these extremists.
              Warning!! They should not have been there in the first place.
              I have people hear saying that they own guns, for in case thieves enter the house, and so they can shoot the thieves... and protect house and family...
              By this reasoning, the police were in their right to shoot. Is it wise? No.
              The fact that people died is terrible. It's even more terrible to imagine if the extremist were black. For sure, more people would have been killed by the police. To think this makes me sad.

In our country, we have unarmed protesters who burn and loot cities such as Portland, Minneapolis, Seattle, New York City, and no unarmed people are shot by the police.

No looting or burning occurred in Washington DC. 

"imagine if the extremist were black."

I was there.  Many black people were also there.  One of the guys I went to Washington DC with is black.  Pictures of them just didn't get displayed in the media.

Explain that one.

I will say this now and again until people hear it.

This is just the beginning.  I don't think this is going to stop.  Millions of Americans believe (and I am one of them) that Biden won the presidency in a fraudulent election.

There HAS to be a detailed federal investigation.  It must happen.

No looting or burning?  They broke into a building, ruined furniture
                  They build a gallow for God's sake!
                  That's not a peaceful demonstration but an aggressive act against the government. You could also call it terrorism.
                  Definition of terrorism - "The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

https://hubstatic.com/15350137_f1024.jpg

https://hubstatic.com/15350178.jpg

Well, this protest cost a few grand.  The protests in the cities cost billions of dollars.  You have to admit, sedition is much more cost-effective when compared to rioting, burning and looting in Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis and New York City.

2. crankalicious profile image88
          crankaliciousposted 3 years agoin reply to this

There was already an investigation into election fraud after the massive fraud of the last election. Trump put together a commission and it disbanded after finding nothing.

https://apnews.com/article/f5f6a73b2af5 … b35e82c18d

How many commissions do there need to be exactly?

To paraphrase Mitt Romney, here's what happens if you put together another commission: it finds nothing and Trump just goes on with his lies and his supporters continue to believe there was fraud.

The reason you believe there was fraud is that you get your news from web sites that don't fact check what they post. When you read sites that don't fact check, you read lies and repeat lies.

Many Trump protesters yesterday are on tape saying that their intent was to execute Democratic lawmakers.

As Scott notes, how many Republican officials and judges and Supreme Court decisions do there have to be saying there was no fraud for you to believe there was no fraud? Another commission isn't going to make any difference.

Half of all Trump supporters believe that Democrats are involved in child sex-trafficking:

https://today.yougov.com/topics/politic … ry-child-s

Conclusion: Trump supporters have no grasp of reality.

Crank,

Come on, you can do better than this.

Your AP news story about an election fraud commission is from 2018.  It dealt any possible fraud from the 2016 election.  The story just proves President Donald Trump was legitimately elected. 

Different story in 2020.

Your next story is based on a yahoo/yougov poll?  Seriously? You really believe that poll from those very far left organizations has any validity?  Please.

Conclusion:  Know the facts not the fiction.

1. crankalicious profile image88

You clearly have no grasp of facts. Anyone who would consult InfoWars is likely insane.

Trump claimed the same thing in 2016 - the election was rigged. He formed a commission. It disbanded after finding nothing. The point, which I'm sure you can figure out, is that his claim was no more true then than it is now. How can you not see that? Tell me, why was no fraud found in the 2016 election? Trump claimed he won the popular vote. Why couldn't he prove it?

When are you going to realize that Trump has conned you? I'm sure Mike Pence is a bit more sober now. Trump sent him to the Capitol, asked him to commit a crime, and then amused himself watching TV as the lives of Pence and his family were put in danger.

The 2020 voter fraud charge is laughable. If people had any brains, they could easily figure out none of it makes sense - a Democratic conspiracy across multiple states. It would be impossible to pull off.

You don't have any evidence, but keep believing. It's so ridiculous and sad. Trump started a lie, put it out into the world, and when the lie was repeated, he claimed it was the truth. Honestly, you should seek help because this belief is a sickness.

Sandy Hook was a hoax. COVID is a hoax. Masks don't work. Vaccines cause autism. Democrats are all child molesters.

It just never ends with the fringe right-wing. And now they're threatening all kinds of violence. Bombs are being found around D.C. Nice crowd. Again, it's a sickness.

2. ScottSBateman profile image71

Indeed. It doesn't matter how many Republican elected officials, ballot counters and Trump-appointed judges reject fraud claims.

Trump fanatics will rationalize anything. And they now rationalize the violent overthrow of the Constitution and a legally elected President.

3. profile image0

Wow, that's a lot to take in.  Thanks for sharing that with us, as it's interesting to get the perspective of someone who was actually there.     

None of what you said surprises me, and I'm sorry to hear about what happened.      Honestly I've said for the past few months to close friends of mine that regardless of who won the election the possibility of a civil war was immenent due to the divisiveness in our country. 

Sure, there's been division between all sides in the USA before but it's reached a boiling point now.   I do agree the Democrats need to do something or else they risk losing everything.    Same goes for Republicans.  If there was ever a time they needed to work together to save this country then now would be the time.   

I also think social media and the media would be wise to try to be neutral right now and not simply choose to bash Trump because all they'll be doing is making him a martyr in those protestors' eyes.

4. Credence2 profile image79

You do really believe all this stuff, don't you Mike?

I am going to share something with you.

Trump and his lawyers have had plenty of opportunity to make their case regarding voter fraud, and virtually all of them were found not to hold water under close analysis. The real issue is the urban areas and African American/ minority group voter who is the true hero behind the removal of your "King".

Let's face it, it is more than a coincidence that the counties in the states in question are where large numbers of Black voters reside. Republican plots at voter suppression failed as provisions made in response to the pandemic encouraged more to submit a ballot. Republicans never intended that the urban vote would be as intense as it was or would not be mollified in some manner.

So, what was really racism is now called voter fraud. There is this attitude that the counties where Blacks reside have to be associated with fraud instead of accepting the reality that our group generally do not support Republicans nor their agenda. Would not their votes reflect this reality?  A very simple explanation made complicated by Republicans and right wingers

Republicans and the Right need to recognize that the more they try to suppress, the more we all are encouraged to get to the polls. The same excuse is used by Trump and Republicans as to their losses in the Georgia Senate races: voter fraud.

Can the non Trump side ever win an election without it being considered fraudulent?

I suspect that there is a lot of white supremacy attitude behind all this when you dig deep down. The question which has not been raised before as this society maintained the veneer of democracy along with white supremacy. But, now when more of us are understanding the power of our ballots, the Rightwinger Republican types may well jettison Democracy in favor of White Supremacy as the two may no longer be able to coexist in the future.

Will this society de-evolve into what it was in the past for the (Right white) to maintain control? Lynch mobs, church burnings, vandalisms, murders, assaults, etc. It may be premature on my part but I think we are heading in that direction. But that threat will be met by our groups in a manner that made the 1960s look like a folk dance in comparison, so we should all be stepping lightly.

15. Readmikenow profile image94

Here is the unarmed Air Force veteran being shot and killed.  Where is the outrage...

https://www.infowars.com/posts/shock-ne … int-blank/

1. profile image0

It s sad that she was killed, just as it is sad when any unarmed person is killed by police. But to say the left are hypocrites is entirely premature. I haven't seen video nor have I heard any eye witness or heard from the police about what happened.

Sorry, I will never visit infowars for accurate information. If the video makes it to, say, the Washington Post or The New York Times then I will know it has been verified as legitimate and will view it then..

Here is the moment the group was breaking the doors and she was killed.

https://youtu.be/V-fkunG5J6k?t=216

1. tsmog profile image83
          tsmogposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Powerful video!

2. profile image0

So sad and disturbing. All of it.

What upsets me it the lack of training of the person who fired the shot.  Anyone, who has had any training in crowd control knows you fire warning shots first and issue warnings next and only fire if your life is threatened. 

Why wasn't this done?  It was like an ambush.  A mysterious hand holding a gun comes out of a doorway and fires a shot and kills a person.  It then retreats back into the doorway. 

I feel for her husband and family.  This shouldn't have happened.

2. profile image0

Since you were present at the rally, how many shots did you hear?

3. Valeant profile image86

Considering an armed mob broke into our nation's Capitol, went office to office looking for our elected reps, planted at least two bombs, put actual law enforcement in danger - I don't fault law enforcement at all for protecting themselves.  Why should we be outraged? 

In fact, I'm more outraged in the differences in the lack of force and preparation used yesterday than what we saw with the Black Live Matter marches in D.C.

And your blaming the Democrats for what happened yesterday is pretty disgusting.  The only fault lies with your own inability to discern fact from reality and follow a known liar and grifter.

Antifa caused it all, don't you know?

4. ScottSBateman profile image71

No need for outrage about a seditionist who attacked the U.S. Capitol building with an illegal insurrectionist mob.

Her death is a tragedy, but the responsibility falls on her, the mob and Trump the instigator.

She was unarmed.

She was more peaceful than the rioters in Portland, Minneapolis, Seattle, New York City.  She wasn't trying to loot or burn anything.  She was protesting.

None of Washington DC was taken over and declared a police free zone.

1. profile image0

Okay Mike, you're embarrassing yourself now. Take a moment.

Fortunately, there's video to prove how ridiculous is your argument.

Any video of looting and rioting and shooting at police?

Waiting?

1. Valeant profile image86

Guess he was just an interior redecorator hire by the Trump Campaign.

https://hubstatic.com/15350128.jpg

Oh, and now it takes someone shooting at the police for them to have the right to defend themselves?  Wow, you've really joined the BLM movement.

The cop who died was assaulted with a fire extinguisher, I think.

16. Readmikenow profile image94

I was too far away yesterday to see what happened when people started moving toward the capital building.  It appears, the Capital police moved the barricades and let them it. This is unreal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFfAeNZ … e=emb_logo

17. Valeant profile image86
    Valeantposted 3 years ago

I'll help Mike understand...

An angry, armed mob breaks into the nation's Capitol.  They are destroying things and looting the place.  Their intent may be to harm the people you're sworn to protect.  If they've gotten this far, they've already thwarted multiple levels of armed guards. 

You warn them to back away from a door, they continue to proceed, you draw your weapon.  They continue tearing the door apart, savagely.  You are now afraid for your life and defend yourself in the hopes of causing them to flee since they are clearly there illegally and it's your job to defend the building and the people inside it.

Now, imagine they are black.

Well said. Let's also add at least 2 bombs, guns drawn, repeated warnings to stand down and 14 injured police officers.

2. Readmikenow profile image94

''They are destroying things and looting the place''

Proof?

Do you know what looting involves? Look up the protests in Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis and New York City.  That is looting. 

''You warn them to back away from a door, they continue to proceed''

Proof of a warning?

As I've said before, there were many black people there.  One of the guys I was with was black.

Proof?  Did you even watch the video IslandBites posted?  Did you turn up the volume to hear the warnings issued?  Did you watch them smashing the doors before the woman got shot? 

18 US Code 2384
        If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

The second these people entered the Capitol during Congress' certification process, they all were guilty of this.

And that's great you have a black friend.  But you're already on record in this thread being critical of what you perceive to be black mobs in other US cities.  How did you feel about Kyle Rittenhouse?  Don't remember hearing any outrage then.

''But you're already on record in this thread being critical of what you perceive to be black mobs in other US cities?"

Show me where I used the words "Black Mobs"  I think it is YOU who are focused on what YOU perceive as black mobs.

There was no warning shot.  That is just your imagination.

Kyle Rittenhouse...excellent strawman argument.  Well executed.

Actually...they were let into the Capital building by the Capital police.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/v … ction=view

Actually...there were Capital police taking selfies with the protesters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-ZqX4i1lCg

Alright, I admit I infer black mobs based on you naming cities with social justice rallies.  You got me there.

But we'll call it even as I never said there was a warning shot.  I said there were warnings.  Are you saying it's police procedure now to have to fire a warning shot into the air now when they feel threatened?

I figured you'd have trouble explaining Rittenhouse.  I'd bet you're pulling for him to win his case.

So this is them being let into the building?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWMpTHLJXbw

18. Readmikenow profile image94

https://hubstatic.com/15350108.jpg

19. IslandBites profile image90

One Capitol Police officer is in critical condition and 15 were hospitalized after up to 60 officers were injured after a violent pro-Trump mob stormed the Capitol on Wednesday.

Not too bad considering that four protesters were killed.

Those numbers are still not as impressive as the numbers of police injured during the riots in Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis and New York City. 

In Portland alone there were over 2,000 law enforcement officers injured.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/police-chief … ured-riots

Four were killed?  One was shot, three were described as medical emergencies such as cardiac arrest. 

As for Portland - let's compare apples to apples.  The July 26 protest, lasting just under six hours, led to 14 injuries and no deaths.  I guess if we gave Trump supporters some more time, they could have broken Portland's marks.

4 dead as Trump supporters stormed US Capitol

https://www.ketv.com/article/trump-supp … n/35141408

Yes, four died.  You said, 'four were killed.'  As in, they were killed by someone else.  Three died, one was killed.  Slight, but important, difference.

20. profile image0
    ValKarasposted 3 years ago

Mike - Being a Canadian I hardly know anything about the American justice system.. By the way, I am not into politics, because I don't have an education in economy, diplomacy, and the rest of what it takes to run a country -- but then I am heavily into logical reasoning.

So, after reading about your position about a stolen election, here I come with a couple of questions.
    Like, what do YOU, PERSONALLY, know about the proofs of a stolen election that Giuliani and other Trump's lawyers could not present before some 70 judges, and proofs that Barr could not find?

No sarcasm here, just some logic, because it seems that you know something that none of them knew. Were YOU, PERSONALLY a witness of a massive wrongdoing in the election process -- or you are just repeating something that you heard from Trump?

The main question here being -- do you call all those judges "corrupt leftists"?
    I mean, a claim by a president is too big to be ignored by any court. We are not talking about a drunk homeless dude suing another one for stealing his blanket -- but "the most powerful man on earth" being ignored by so many judges after claiming that his presidency has been stolen from him.
    Indeed, what's wrong with a justice system of a country where even YOU, an obvious layperson, possess some proofs which they could not accept from bona fide lawyers.

Now, about your calling Ms. Harris a "Communist". You don't seem to know the first thing about communism -- I was raised in one and ESCAPED FROM IT into this "free world", as a legal immigrant.
    So you obviously don't know that big business is not allowed in communism -- and according to the renowned scholar Noam Chomsky, there is only one party in the US -- Business Party, branching into Republicans and Democrats, politicians of both being merely its puppets. Meaning that there could never be, and will never be anything like "communism in the US". It's simply one of the symptoms of a massive paranoia in a country where civilians need guns, and government needs over 75 military bases scattered worldwide to "defend themselves from a bunch of imaginary enemies".

So, what have you achieved by that act of vandalism? What was the business in that building of the woman who got shot? Will Biden be "less of a president" now after that?
    You didn't make a political statement at all, you just proved an intellectual appetite for vandalism.
    And, by the way, I am not interested in having a discussion with you about all this.
    You can use Trump's tactics of "proving me wrong" by calling me all kinds of names -- I won't be responding. Happy New Year.

Val,

Always good to hear from you.

There is proof that has not been permitted to be shown in court.  Much proof.  The problems are too many judges were afraid to take on the issue.  Some are left wing followers.  The frustration was the courts and even the SCOTUS to look at the evidence.

I always tell everyone let's have an investigation on the federal level.  Have witness testimony before our Congress.  Then have a report with all of this presented to the public.  That would put the issue to rest.

"So, what have you achieved by that act of vandalism?"

I think it put those in Washington on notice there are millions of people who believe Biden is an illegitimate president.  He is going to have a difficult time being a leader.

"What was the business in that building of the woman who got shot? Will Biden be "less of a president" now after that?

Biden will be less of a president because he was fraudulently elected.

"You don't seem to know the first thing about communism -- I was raised in one and ESCAPED FROM IT into this "free world", as a legal immigrant."

The only experience I've had with Communism is when visiting my relative in the Ukraine in the 1970s and 1980s.  I would stay there the allotted 60 days you were permitted at the time.  It was an eye-opening experience to say the least.

I'm not going to respond by calling you all kinds of names.  If I did...I believe then you've won the argument.  It means I have nothing left to make my case.

Happy New Year to you as well.

There's no proof. A post-it note. A drunk witness. A registered sex offender. And a military cyber expert who has no actual experience as a cyber expert.

Mike, I just feel sad for you. This was the BEST Trump could do? Don't you present your most convincing witnesses right away? Instead Powell and Giuliani made themselves look like fools to anyone paying attention. I'm sad that logic is not prevailing. The party of "law and order" has suddenly become the party of "sedition and insanity".

Trump is using you. He's lined up all the suckers and losers he can and he's making our whole country look crazy. Just sad.

If there's massive fraud then there are massive witnesses. You simply can't cover up massive fraud. It's not possible to cover up something this big. The CIA tried to kill Fidel Castro with somebody from the mafia. They tried to cover that up along with a lot of other stuff. That was way smaller than massive voter fraud. And somebody found out.

It's just all sad and pathetic.

In all honesty, I think it is YOU who have been played.

You actually believe that Joe Biden's lackluster campaign got more vote than obama?  Seriously?  That senseless, babbling old fool got more votes than the articulate, confidant obama?

You can't seriously believe it.  The energy with obama's first run for the presidency was unbelievable.  He was a force that was not going to be stopped.

Yet, you expect me to believe, that mindless, clueless Beijing Biden...got more votes.

Do you really think that makes any sense at all?  You actually think it's true?

1. profile image0

I have been reading that many Trump supporters are feeling betrayed by Trump. They went to war for him and now he's conceded the presidency and told them they were wrong. Quite a few face serious charges, one of them murder. And what does Trump do? Roll over to protect his white, delicate, cowardly, elitist @ss. Of course, we have been telling you he doesn't care about you or America. Do you see it yet? Or, are you still carrying the torch for your idol?

Do you see what they're doing to President Donald Trump right now?  He's been banned from Twitter, they're drafting articles of impeachment, he's been silenced. The Swamp is doing everything in their power to diminish him.

"And what does Trump do? Roll over to protect his white, delicate, cowardly, elitist @ss"

What does this even mean?  I know you can be coherent and make a point.  I don't even know what this is.

Let me tell you something...they're making him a martyr.  He is going to come out of this with even more followers after what they are doing to him.

What I see is China having a president they own.  I will always refer to him as senseless, babbling Beijing Biden.  The man who sold out America and got elected president.  Can't you see he is mindless tool? I refuse to believe he got more votes than obama.  Do you honesty believe that? Thing about it.

1. profile image0

What does it mean? Didn't he tell his raging supporters at the rally that day that he would be right there with them? What was the point of storming Congress with guns, bombs, and zip ties and getting killed or arrested? Wasn't it to save the country from a stolen elecrion? What did Ttrump do while you all were putting your lives on the line to save America? He watched from his comfy chair. He wasn't right there with you even though he said he would be. Why wasn't he?

And if he's a martyr it's only because his worshippers make him one. The rest of us see him for what he truly is: a very, very sick man.

2. peterstreep profile image80

Do you understand Readmikenow that you are defending/supporting a coup, an illegal power grab!!!

It's easy to understand how Biden got more votes than Obama when you factor in that many Americans saw the danger Donald Trump posed to the country.  44% of Biden voters voted against Trump, not for Biden.  You certainly understand how Trump motivates his base - but somehow you're blind to the same motivation he instills in those he calls the enemy. 

He was never a president for America, he was a president for his base and those willing to personally enrich him.  By legislating for only his base, he united the entire left as well as many in the GOP who jumped ship.  And Biden, while not flashy, has something Trump will never have, caring for all Americans.

I could not disagree with you more.  Biden is an incoherent babbling idiot.  The left has gone to great lengths to hide this and it still is evident.  He gaffs are legendary.  His yelling at workers in a plant is something the left tries to hide.  He's told regular working people "You're full of shit" to their face. Then there is his work with his criminal son Hunter Biden.  That is a loooong discussion.

So, if you think, based on Biden's lackluster campaign, his insults to common people, his constant gaffs of speech, his touching of children in public, and more make him a good leader.

I really BELIEVE it is YOU who has been played.

I have not been played.  I would have voted for a used tampon if it was running against Trump.  At least the tampon had a use, once.

Biden was the most moderate candidate that would appeal to the greatest amount of the GOP - and he was an old white dude - just what the GOP feels most comfortable with.  Turning Trump's claim to be running against socialism into a falsehood, and then watching him continue to try and make people think Biden was Bernie was comical.

More from Trump's supporters:

"we will storm the government buildings, kill cops, kill security guards, kill federal employees and agents, and demand a recount."

And from Trump himself: "know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard".

Obviously incitement to riot and destroy.  According to liberals that will spin anything and everything into something evil, anyway, for the truth is not in them.

Here's what Trump said in the speech prior to the riot:

“We’re going to have to fight much harder and Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us,”

“You’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength. You have to be strong,”

Trump began his speech by urging the media to “show what’s really happening out here because these people are not going to take it any longer. They’re not going to take it any longer.”

“You don’t concede when there’s theft involved,” he said. “Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore and that’s what this is all about.”

Trump encouraged his listeners to march to the Capitol following his speech “to see whether or not we have great and courageous leaders or whether or not we have leaders that should be ashamed of themselves throughout history, throughout eternity.” He did mention in passion that he was confident they would march “peacefully,” but his fans seemed to hear a different message, at one point chanting “fight for Trump!” as Trump said, “We will not let them silence your voices. We’re not going to let it happen.”

Trump closes with this: "We're going to walk down Pennsylvania Ave ...  and we're going to [try] to give our Republicans -- the weak ones because the strong ones don't need any of our help -- we're to try and get them kind of pride and boldness they need to take back our country"

Others:

Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) began the day by angrily yelling, “Today is the day American patriots start taking down names and kicking ass!”

Donald Trump Jr. followed that up by warning Republicans in Congress that if they didn’t “fight” for his father later that day, “I’m gonna be in your backyard in a couple of months.”

“Let’s have trial by combat,” Rudy Giuliani added later.

From the protest:

I heard at least 3 different rioters at the Capitol say that they hoped to find Vice President Mike Pence and execute him by hanging him from a Capitol Hill tree as a traitor. It was a common line being repeated. Many more were just talking about how the VP should be executed.

Who is doing the spinning here?

Congrats. In a one hour and fifteen minute speech, you found one sentence where he advised calm.

https://scontent.fsig3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/137362237_242876927201670_8159334692900711418_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&amp;ccb=2&amp;_nc_sid=8bfeb9&amp;_nc_ohc=DuifjivcRqIAX_U77hP&amp;_nc_oc=AQmO97J5_6d3tKA6HSfnU4im82AVDgsFbKlQpSbijtPQHTEEwye20E4dzXJJU4yHkTk&amp;_nc_ht=scontent.fsig3-1.fna&amp;oh=a41240338711c49ddcbd597e18837556&amp;oe=601F7D1A

The left is so violent!  wink

3. crankalicious profile image88

Babbling idiot?

You voted for a racist who cut his political teeth questioning the birth place of the first black President. During his term, Trump spewed out an estimated 30,000 different lies. Among them, masks are stupid and possibly injecting yourself with bleach will cure COVID.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics … e_manual_2

Here are a few choice babbling idiocy from Trump:

“There are now only a few states yet to be decided in the presidential race. The voting apparatus of those states are run in all cases by Democrats....The election apparatus in Georgia is run by Democrats.”

“ANY VOTE THAT CAME IN AFTER ELECTION DAY WILL NOT BE COUNTED!”

"I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

"I look very much forward to showing my financials, because they are huge."

"We will immediately repeal and replace ObamaCare - and nobody can do that like me. We will save $'s and have much better healthcare!"

Oh, and remember the hurricane incident and the sharpie? A president so stupid that he drew a black pen mark on a map and expected people to believe that was where the hurricane was supposed to go.

Here's to you, Mike:

Covfefe!!

People voted for Biden because they went some semblance of decency and order back in our executive branch.

Just curious, in the middle of a pandemic, how many people were masked down in D.C.? Oh, wait, I forgot, wearing a mask is weakness.

2. profile image0

Perfect.

21. IslandBites profile image90

Long prison terms for these lawless acts against our Great Country! - Trump June 26

Well, that didn't age well.

Im sure his followers are not that happy now about that executive order. smile

22. Readmikenow profile image94

https://hubstatic.com/15350455.jpg

23. NayNay2124 profile image82

Credence, thanks for that. So very true. I totally agree with her.

24. NayNay2124 profile image82

Mike, we can only hope and pray Trump is removed from office as soon as possible. He is a real threat to our national security. The terrorist that attacked the Capital had every intention of doing bodily harm to our members of Congress. They just couldn't find them. The fact that you feel these terrorist are going to be allowed to continue to terrorize this country is just ridiculous. This country has dealt with terrorist before, and these terrorist will also be dealt with.

White supremacy is wrong. Period. There is no race better than another. We should all be able to receive the same rights and respect as anyone else. If you associate yourself with such groups, you too are a racist. So maybe that's the problem. Are you looking for solutions to this problem, or to escalate an already horrible situation? We all have a responsibility to leave this country a better place for our future generations. Terrorism whether foreign or domestic is a threat to every American.

''The fact that you feel these terrorist are going to be allowed to continue to terrorize this country is just ridiculous''

Where did you get that?

''White supremacy is wrong. Period. There is no race better than another. We should all be able to receive the same rights and respect as anyone else. If you associate yourself with such groups, you too are a racist.''

What are you even talking about?

25. Valeant profile image86
    Valeantposted 3 years ago

Only Trump admitting he lost would convince his cult following of the truth of the 2020 election. If an audit came up with the same result as the courts, DOJ, FBI, and State investigations, Trump supporters would just claim deep state or RINOs. They're beyond reaching at this point. 

And the sad reality is that Trump is too mentally broken to ever concede, so the only solution is to cut off his platform that aims to corrupt those too dumb to realize he is lying to them as it is painfully clear his words will lead to further cases of domestic terrorism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm0NtgnA0qg

26. NayNay2124 profile image82

Mike: "If there is an actual effort to remove President Donald Trump before the next 13 days, you will see insurrection on levels you can only imagine."  You did say that, right?  That's what I'm talking about.

Wow...White supremacy and terrorists from that?

In the English language that is known as an observation. 

Observation is....''a remark, statement, or comment based on something one has seen, heard, or noticed:''

I was at the rally in Washington DC.  This observation is based on what I saw and people I spoke with during the event.  There were some motivated people there.

Tens of thousands of people attended.  Less than a hundred stormed the capital.  That is a fact.

27. NayNay2124 profile image82

Mike, my bad. you were probably in DC vacationing and sightseeing.

28. emge profile image80
    emgeposted 3 years ago

Newtons famous law 'action always has a reaction'. The protesters on Capitol Hill is the result of many people feeling aggrieved. Nobody can deny that. An election must be transparent and to many of these people it appears that the election was not transparent. I also have a point and not able to understand how the majority of the postal ballots favor Joe Biden while at the booths Trump was the winner. I am not that optimistic about China as you are because there is every chance that it may implode from inside.

As America is imploding from the inside now?

Your pessimism over China fails to recognize its dominance. 

It also fails to recognize that it has a strong ally in Biden and the Dem Party at large. 

It is irrelevant what personal feelings you have towards China, the issue at hand is who is dominant in industry and technology... China is by far more dominant today in both than America.

China has its hands in everything. The Webull trading platform that is replacing Robinhood in popularity, is owned by Alibaba, which is controlled by the CCP as all businesses from China are.

The Dell or HP or Apple computers used by everyone in America, made in China.

AMC Entertainment, Cirrus Wind Energy, First International Oil, G.E. Appliances, IBM (P.C. division), Motorola Mobility, etc. etc. owned by China or components/products are made in China.

And their strength only grows, especially now, while America is about to go through another round of Lock Downs and political hysteria, China is marching along gobbling up every trade and production advantage it can.

Time is going to prove me overwhelmingly correct in this, as you will see in the coming years.

2. Readmikenow profile image94

You are spot on in your assessment.

The interesting thing has been the reaction...

I have seen some speeches by Lindsey Graham and other Senators, calling these people Domestic Terrorists, Traitors, etc.

Very angry responses from these politicians...

It is highly likely, that with additional lock downs, and continued economic woes for the many millions who have been long out of work because of these lock downs, that such unrest is going to continue to manifest.

And I seriously doubt they have the ability to project out into the future the potential dangers posed when the "activists" on the Right and Left no longer point the fingers at one another, blaming each other, but rather focus their aggressions fixedly on their government.

29. Readmikenow profile image94

It's true the outrage is mostly manufactured by the left and the media.  Unfortunately, this needs to be updated as one police officer has died.  The rest is spot on.

https://hubstatic.com/15352478.jpg

The headline is definitely spot on.  Your outrage was definitely manufactured.  There's the biggest difference between BLM and Capitol Hill riots. 

Your meme definitely left out the part about searching office-to-office for our elected reps.  Imagine if they had found Waters, Schiff, Pelosi or even Pence.

And then there was this that you're so proud to be a part of:  https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/im-just … 00280.html

Oh, you want to play the race game.  Let's do it.  There are MANY stories about black supporters of President Donald Trump being stabbed, beaten and killed.  Here's one for starters.

''The shooting death of a black Trump supporter in Milwaukee has state Republicans calling for a federal investigation.

Bernell Trammell, 60, a dreadlocked activist known for carrying handmade signs through the streets reading “Vote Donald Trump 2020,” and posting them on his storefront, was gunned down by an unknown assailant on his sidewalk Thursday afternoon, police said."

https://nypost.com/2020/07/25/black-tru … milwaukee/

Here is one in Portland where a black man was luckily only stabbed.

''White man charged with stabbing Black Trump supporter in Portland''

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 … k-trump-s/

Here is the lovely story of a black Trump supporter being beaten in San Francisco.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/1 … h-knocked/

The big, tough people on the left even have to pick on a black supporter of President Donald Trump who is in a wheelchair.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/0 … ump-rally/

There is Denver, Los Angeles, New York and even Miami.

Now the Hispanic Trump supporters have been treated even worse.

So, I guess you are proud to be part of this group...aren't you?

I got over 54 different cases of Trump supporters using violence or harassment against minorities I could throw out here.  I've got a long list of domestic terror incidents being committed where the perpetrator cites Trump or Trump ideology after committing those acts, with El Paso being the largest example of Trump-inspired violence.

If you want to compare body counts, it won't even be close.  No amount of deflection will change the world's view of how dangerous Trump and Trumpism has truly become.

That's it...that's all you have?  Please.  You should talk to someone from BCM (Black Conservative Movement).  54 incidents of violence from the left happens to them monthly.  I agree...you can't compare to our the body counts of minorities at the hands of the violence of the left. 

I merely point to the riots in Seattle, Portland, New York, Chicago, Minneapolis and more to show how dangerous the left is and always has been.  Billions of dollars in damage and multiple deaths and injuries.

Nice try...you lose.

Go ahead, supply the vast incidents of conservative minorities being killed by liberals.  I'll list the 51 deaths and 40 wounded in New Zealand (inspired by Trumpism), the 23 victims and another 23 wounded in El Paso (inspired by Trumpism).

That is funny.  Talk about delusions.

You are desperate.

El Paso...good luck proving that one.

New Zealand?  That is really funny.

If this is all you have...you have nothing.

Only nothing to someone ignores their manifestos because he doesn't want his idol linked to the violence taking place in his name.

https://theintercept.com/2019/08/04/el- … ald-trump/

Are you kidding me?  Seriously?

President Donald Trump is guilty when the man doing the shooting did not even mention him in his manifesto?

Maybe the shooter liked to wear blue ties and President Donald Trump is guilty of motivating him because he also wears blue ties.

I would classify your article's logic of fallacy as Circular Reasoning.

This is all going to be used to clamp down on those on ANY side that want to protest against their government and the ruling elite... I mean elected officials.

If I were to write a script on how to create an environment of unrest and political instability which would allow me to create a new system where we could clamp down on 'free speech' and voicing one's dissatisfaction through social media, we have been witness to it these past days, weeks, months.

Now when they create a Social Credit system and Digital Wallets for people (these things exist per se but will be directly or indirectly controlled by the government in the near future), you can bet those that tow the line and support the system will be rewarded and those that try and rebel against it will have their movement and freedoms restricted.

This system is in place and working well in China, and it is on the precipice of being enacted here in America as well... what was required was the catalyst of events to enable its acceptance.

Actually, it's been building for the past four years as the leader of one political party has been telling his followers that their fellow Americans are their enemies.  The media, Democrats, minorities, the FBI - all the enemy.  The seeds of domestic terror have been sowed with that kind of speech - some were willing to buy into it, 81 million others understood its danger.

LOL  The seeds of the DC riots have been building for the past four years alright...as liberal leaders ignore the riots and even join in them.  The direct result of the appeasement policy of the left for the past few years was seen in DC.

Encourage such activity and it will grow.  Which is exactly what was seen; the only difference is that it was the right doing it, not the leftist domestic terrorists.

Liberal leaders were in riots?  Please post that proof.  They joined in protests during daylight hours, for sure.  You seem to not be able to discern between the protests and the riots.

Rioting and looting done by opportunistic members of both the left and right took place at night in those cities.  But you and Mike seem to have no problem putting all the blame on the left - no people protesting social justice mind you, but the left, as in Democrats.  The fact you cannot discern between the two shows how brainwashed you are.

No leaders were encouraging looting and rioting, they were encouraging the exercise of protest in the face of unarmed black people being killed in the streets or their homes.  Standing up for innocent loss of life versus ransacking the nation's Capitol, killing police, and hunting for elected members of Congress all based on evidence squarely debunked at the state and federal levels is a significant difference.

Remember the "riot" where a private HOA was entered?  The gate broken down and marchers proceeded to where they thought a legislator was at home?  Was it the Portland mayor or other functionary that was right in the lead there, exhorting the rioters to continue?

LOL  "No leaders were encouraging looting and rioting".  They just looked the other way, refused police protection to homeowners and businesses alike, allowed rioters to occupy and control a good sized section of Seattle without response, refused federal help in controlling the destruction and so on and so on.  You may not consider that to be "encouragement", but I certainly do. 

When the powers that be refuse to enforce our laws it can, and does, encourage additional law breaking.  Which is what we saw in DC.  It didn't go to nearly the extreme that other riots did - destruction was minor - but it was, once more, completely out of line.  And once more the response from police was minimal - they should never have been allowed to enter building.

Want to watch Maxine Waters inciting people to commit violence?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJCDe7v … e=emb_logo

Here is a story complete with video of leaders and media on the left promoting violence.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/viral-vi … harassment

Deflection and false equivalence.

Not surprising you completely take Waters comments out of context.
                    'You push back, you tell them...'

I will never agree with your point of view.  You can stop trying to sell it to me.  I think you're pretty deep into Trumpism.  And Trumpism disgusts me.

Like myself recently, I think you got one wrong here.  The HOA was in St. Louis at a community named Portland Place.  They went there to protest the mayor's house and ask for her resignation.

Yes, we are definitely going to disagree on encouragement.

We will also definitely be disagreeing about the invasion of our Capitol, the killing of police, and the hunting of our elected reps as they perform their Constitutional duties of certifying an election as where it falls on the extreme scale.

That's one perspective.

And the counter would be that 72 million did buy into it.

Of course I don't buy into the absolutism of such a statement... 

I think far more people voted Democrat simply because that is what they always have voted, and in their minds the Party represents what they believe in than anything to do with feeling Trump was a danger.

But whatever floats your boat...  it matters little what got us to the place where all forms of Social Media and the MSM work together to silence a President and those who support him... we are here now, and where things will lead going forward have been laid out quite clearly.

Except when asked in multiple surveys, 44% of people voting for Biden said they were doing so as the not-Trump option.  And when a President has incited a violent attack on Congress by his supporters, he got himself to a place where social media should be banning him.

30. Sharlee01 profile image81
    Sharlee01posted 3 years ago

Saw that... you're brave enough to post it. I mean the food delivered quickly that Trump told them to more or less go riot. Once they ate it, too late.

31. crankalicious profile image88
    crankaliciousposted 3 years ago

Yes, I'm the one who sounds ridiculous. Fraud! Fraud! Fraud! Child sex-trafficking ring under a pizzeria!

And after the rioters tore through the Capitol, Trump issued a statement: "We Love You!"

32. crankalicious profile image88
    crankaliciousposted 3 years ago

Here's more:

Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore, and that is what this is all about.

And to use a favorite term that all of you people really came up with, we will stop the steal.

Today I will lay out just some of the evidence proving that we won this election and we won it by a landslide. This was not a close election. You know I say sometimes jokingly, but there's no joke about it. I have been into elections. I won them both and the second one I won much bigger than the first, okay?

He had 80 million computer votes. It's a disgrace. There's never been anything like that. You can take third world countries just take a look take third world countries their elections are more honest than what we have been going through in this country. It's a disgrace. It's a disgrace. Even when you look at last night, they were all running around like chickens with their heads cut off with boxes, and nobody knows what the hell is going on. There's never been anything like this. We will not let them silence your voices. We're not going to let it happen.

Not going to let it happen.

Sounds like what the left says every time abortion is curtailed.  Or any other politician when opponents try to get something passed they don't like.

But of course it was the dreaded Trump, so anything he says must be interpreted, and added to, to put it in the worst possible light.

(Ever hear a politician say there would be a rally...and then that it would be boring?)

Here is The NY Times review of Trump's incitement to riot speech:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/10/us/t … e=Homepage

33. IslandBites profile image90

As DC Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone lay on the ground at the US Capitol building, stunned and injured, he knew a group of rioters were stripping him of his gear. They grabbed spare ammunition, ripped the police radio off his chest and even stole his badge.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/resizer/kPLY_7A6Gbz9QNHhHLm-ae6Nyhw=/1484x0/arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/RGU6R6CSIII6XIPV7WXSRT6KSA.jpg

Fanone, one of scores of officers who were injured in the brutal battle, shared his story for the first time, still suffering the effects of a mild heart attack.

"Some guys started getting a hold of my gun and they were screaming out, 'Kill him with his own gun,'" said Fanone, who's been a police officer for almost two decades.

He thought about using his gun but knew that he didn't have enough fire power and he'd soon be overpowered again, except this time they would probably use his gun against him and they'd have all the reason to end his life.

"So, the other option I thought of was to try to appeal to somebody's humanity. And I just remember yelling out that I have kids. And it seemed to work," said the 40-year-old father of four

A group within the rioters circled Fanone and protected him until help arrived, saving his life. "Thank you, but f*** you for being there," Fanone said of the rioters who protected him in that moment.

"We were getting chemical irritants sprayed. They had pipes and different metal objects, batons, some of which I think they had taken from law enforcement personnel. They had been striking us with those," said Fanone.

More

This is terrible.  But not as terrible as the riots during the summer.  What happened to the Defund the Police crowd?  Where are they?  Here is what some police officers experienced this summer.

Albany, N.Y.: Officer sent to the hospital after protester throws a brick at him

Atlanta: Officer Maximilian Brewer underwent surgery after a protester hit him with an ATV

Brockton, Mass.: One state trooper and a few local Brockton police officers suffered minor injuries

Buffalo, N.Y.: Two police officers are hit by a vehicle and one other has his leg broken and pelvis shattered after protesters run him over

Champaign, Ill: Several police officers suffered minor injuries after allegedly being assaulted

Cincinnati, Ohio: Officer narrowly escaped death after a bullet struck his ballistic helmet

Columbia, S.C.: 15 law enforcement personnel injured during a Saturday riot

Chicago: 132 Chicago Police Department officers injured in violent riots in the city

Davenport, Iowa: A plainclothes police officer injured after an individual opened fire on his vehicle

Denver: Three city police officers sent to the hospital after a hit-and-run that also injured a bystander

Harrisburg, Penn.: Two police officers sent to the hospital during a violent protest on Saturday

Las Vegas: One cop put on life support after he was shot in the head during a violent protest on Monday; 12 additional officers injured during Friday’s rioting

Los Angeles: 27 LAPD officers injured during weekend rioting

Lynchburg, Va.: Several officers were shot at during protests but were not injured 

Minnesota: Police officers shot at during a protest, and a precinct in the city was set on fire by protesters

Maryland: Protesters injured four county police officers and damaged several police cruisers

New York City: Dozens of NYPD officers injured during weekend rioting with one video showing an officer being struck by a car in a hit-and-run.

Over 350 NYPD officers injured in two weeks of protests. Injuries include being hit by vehicles, head injuries from bricks and fire extinguishers as well as other serious wounds.

Oak Lawn, Il.: Three officers injured during Monday’s protests

Oakland, Calif.: FBI officer Dave Patrick Underwood was shot and killed while providing security for a courthouse, and another officer was injured in the shooting

Oakdale, Calif: Two officers suffered injuries after a clash broke out at a protest.

Philadelphia: City police reported several assaults on officers and multiple police cars set on fire

Pittsburgh, Penn.: Nine police officers hurt and sent to the hospital in clashes with protesters

Providence, R.I: 9 officers injured after protesters threw bricks at them as violent protests erupted in the city

Richmond, Va.: Two officers hurt during a protest after being hit with a baseball bat and a beer bottle

Rhode Island: Nine officers injured amongst rioting

Sacramento, Calif.: Seven police officers received minor injuries at the hands of violent protesters

Salt Lake City, Utah: 21 police officers required medical care after being injured by protesters, with one reporting that he was hit on the head with a baseball bat

San Antonio: Three officers were injured after being hit by bricks and bottles

San Jose, Calif.: Several officers sustained injuries during a May 29 protest and one was sent to the hospital

Santa Ana, Calif.: Two officers had to be taken to the hospital after being hit in the head by projectiles thrown at them by protesters

Springfield, Mo: Springfield Police Department officer Mark Priebe was hospitalized in the ICU with a spinal cord injury after being rammed by an SUV. Priebe has to undergo surgery and will likely never be able to walk again.

St. Louis, Mo.: 77-year-old David Dorn, a retired police officer, was shot dead by looters. His death was broadcast live on Facebook. Four other police officers were also shot in downtown St. Louis by violent protesters

Washington, D.C.: 11 Washington police officers injured during Sunday’s protests. One officer required surgery after being hit by a brick in the leg. Over 50 members of the Secret Service were also hurt during clashes, some sustaining injuries from Molotov cocktails.

https://tnc.news/2020/06/10/a-comprehen … -us-riots/

2. Sharlee01 profile image81
      Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Wish we could see their faces...  maybe they could be held accountable for their violence. Such peaceful protests.  I should have posted photos of all that died during the Summer "peaceful protests". Photos are powerful especially those of the dead.

https://hubstatic.com/15369370.jpg

https://hubstatic.com/15369371.jpg

https://hubstatic.com/15369373.jpg

https://hubstatic.com/15369379_f1024.jpg

https://hubstatic.com/15369381_f1024.jpg

34. IslandBites profile image90

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/9HzeSMlGCirnXkgf7i-hn3b3bGrMiG-Fk8hOk8Z6orp3lsIpvRV4_9SWJn86iV2Lpa4WTwRJRMpzagR6SeB3aP4-FFm0VamrTFb8FANvqxNNXNFQtPPlXzortOTKA7tRT8Q

There is a saying I was told that goes "Don't put an standard off on me that you yourself can't live by."

The word of the day for liberals should be "Hypocrisy."

What happened to the defund the police crowd?  Where are they right now?  Haven't heard from them for awhile.  Where did they go?

35. profile image0

This is true. "When we can see their faces." One of the reasons so many rioters from the summer were released after being arrested is that it was difficult to find evidence to prosecute "beyond a reasonable doubt. "

These guys at the Capitol made it easy in thatregard. It just shows how entitled they felt. Many of them flat-out stated they thought the police would welcome them

Both the summer rioters and the insurrectionists at the Capitol obviously committed criminal acts. Some will be more easily prosecuted than others.

Most of those arrested for the summer riots have been released. This is just in Portland.

"Hundreds of Portland, Oregon, protesters arrested during two months of clashes with law enforcement won’t be prosecuted, the city’s district attorney announced.

Multnomah County District Attorney Mike Schmidt unveiled the policy change Tuesday regarding hundreds of the 550 protest-related arrests since late May.

Under the new policy, Schmidt’s office will “presumptively decline” to prosecute cases that don’t fit his criteria, including interfering with a peace, parole or probation officer; second-degree disorderly conduct; first- or second-degree criminal trespass; third-degree escape and harassment. Rioting charges will also not be prosecuted unless accompanied by another crime not included in the list, Schmidt said.

The move will likely lead to no charges for “hundreds of people” arrested since May 29, a spokesman for the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office told The Post."

https://nypost.com/2020/08/12/most-char … ecuted-da/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)