The Perfect Breakfast ~ What Is It? by John Hansen

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (41 posts)
  1. Misbah786 profile image84
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Please take some time to read John's wonderful hub in response to Brenda's word prompt 'Breakfast'.

Here's the link to his beautiful hub: https://hubpages.com/literature/The-Per … What-Is-It

Thank you so much! smile

Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

John as always I enjoyed reading your beautiful poems. I also loved the aerobics twist and the quotes you shared are also very nice but I don't like to eat eggs neutral big_smile
      Thank you so much for sharing. smile
      Stay well and happy!
      Blessings always!!

1. surovi99 profile image84
        surovi99posted 2 years agoin reply to this

The varieties of breakfast you mention in your poem are very tempting but somehow I am not a fan of poached eggs. I prefer fried or boiled eggs for breakfast or lunch or dinner. Thank you John for your prompt response to Brenda's prompt word, "Breakfast." I did enjoy reading it and loved all of it including the images and quotes.

1. Jodah profile image92
          Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for reading and for your nice comment, Rosina. Yes, I prefer boiled or scrambled eggs myself. Merry Christmas.

2. Jodah profile image92

Misbah, thank you so much for sharing the link and your kind comment. Don't eat eggs.....hmm.....oh well we all have different tastes. Blessings my friend.

Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

You are most welcome, dear friend. smile

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image92
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hello John!
      Excellent response to the word prompt, Breakfast. I enjoyed your poems and your write up. You mention some of my delicious food items here.
      For me, Breakfast has to be nutritious, and of course eggs are included in it.
      Thank you for that special acrostic poem. I liked it.
      Thank you Misbah for sharing John's excellent work.

1. Jodah profile image92

Thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts, Chitrangada. I am glad I mentioned some of your favourites and that eggs must be included. I appreciate you liking the acrostic poem too.

2. billybuc profile image85
    billybucposted 2 years ago

I rarely eat breakfast, but when I do it is always eggs and bacon.

I didn't' pay much attention to the Hubbie Award results this year, but if John did not win Poet of the Year there was something wrong with the voting counting.  As always, John, you have proven what a wonderful creative you are. Bravo, my friend!

Misbah, when I do leave HP, I will smile knowing it is in good hands with people like you in the community.

1. Jodah profile image92

Hi Bill, there are a lot worse breakfasts then good oks eggs and bacon. I appreciate your kind words..good to know there is nothing wrong with Hubbie vote counting lol. Take care and have a great Christmas.

3. Pamela99 profile image90
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

This is an excellent poem about breakfast, John, and another great response to Brenda's word prompt. I think you covered every breakfast food I can think of, so well done!

Thank you for posting John's poem,, Misbah.

1. Jodah profile image92

Hi Peg, i tried to think of every Western breakfast I could think of, though I may think of more later. Thank you for the generous words.

4. Mike Grindle profile image94
    Mike Grindleposted 2 years ago

Loved the article and the poem John!
    Breakfast has always been my favourite meal. I don't know if the 'perfect breakfast' exists, but if it does, it must surely include eggs one way or another.

1. Jodah profile image92

Hey Mike. I appreciate you reading and commenting on this article. I agree with you about the unlikelihood of a perfect breakfast but I can’t imagine it not containing eggs in some form. Thanks again.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image81
      Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Awe...the perfect breakfast is a fruit plate that one csn only get in Pigeon Forge TN at the Cedar Mill.

5. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 years ago

Vegemite? Blech. Marmite rules.

1. Jodah profile image92

I am sure they are both an acquired taste that you need to grow up eating to appreciate, Rupert. But to me Marmite is “blech” … Did you know Vegemite was  originally called “Pa Will”?

6. Carb Diva profile image95
    Carb Divaposted 2 years ago

John, one hour ago, I finished eating my daily bowl of uncooked oatmeal. Oh my, how I wish I had had one of your suggestions instead. I'm surprised you didn't mention a Full English (although the mention of beans was a hint that you might indulge once in a while).

Your Muse must have been hungry—she certainly gave you lots of choices of what to eat to break the fast.

I wrote an article on 50 breakfasts in the USA (one for each state), but won't publish it until comments are restored. (I'm still keeping my fingers crossed).

Thanks for another fun article.

1. Brenda Arledge profile image81

I'm sure this one will be interesting.

Come on Comments...we need you.

2. Jodah profile image92

Linda, uncooked oatmeal….blech! But if anyone can make that edible I am sure it is you. I thought of mentioning a full English breakfast but thought I’d be repeating already ingredients. I didn’t include continental either. But, yes, my muse was hungry.
      I can’t wait to read your article on 50 USA breakfasts. My Poems From the Porch is  waiting for thee return of comments as well. Merry Christmas.

7. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

Would you believe that I just had half a grapefruit and some leftover cold fish for breakfast?  It's true!  I do love eggs for breakfast, but today that fish had my name on it. (Smile)  I always enjoy reading your poems.

1. Jodah profile image92

Hi Peg. Oh, I love grapefruit too and actually it is my favourite juice. Fish for breakfast sounds fine…but cold? No no no lol. I am sure you have a wonderful feast planned for Christmas. Take care.

8. AliciaC profile image92
    AliciaCposted 2 years ago

Thanks for creating the enjoyable poem, John. I had to smile when I read about vegemite. Like Rupert, I eat a similar product called marmite. I love it, as long as it's spread thinly.

1. Jodah profile image92

Hi Linda, thanks for reading. It is hard to convince the rest of the world about Vegemite and Marmite  despite our best attempts. “Thinly” is the key word here. Happy Christmas

9. Brenda Arledge profile image81
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

John,
    Your description of breakfast is quite good.
    I can see you scratching your head mulling this one over, especially since you thought I would pick "Christmas."

I'm glad your muse was willing and able to write."

Your poem, "What Will I Have For Breakfast?" Is certainly intriguing.

It reminded me I really hadn't eaten breakfast, except for that Hostess Dingdong I washed down with a Gatoarde.

So into into the kitchen I go grab myself a snack.

Eggs are certainly not my favorite...unless they are hard boiled & we
    don't have Vegemite here...

I do occasionally have peanut butter on toast.
    I love how it melts when the toast is hot.

My absolute favorite is fruit...but I don't seem to eat it alot.  It's gotta be fresh.

Thank you for explaining Aerobic...I was scratching my head trying to figure out this type of poetry...and then I just decided to read on.

"Break Fast ~ an Aerobic Acrostic Poem" definitely would make one want to eat a hearty breakfast.

This one word per line poem really has a forceful impact.
    It gets the point across.

I can picture Pooh walking with Piglet as I read your quote.

Great write for this one.

I already posted a link in the word prompt.

1. Jodah profile image92

Brenda, firstly, thank you for the prompt. I really had fun with this one and may even add a few more breakfasts to the poem as I think of them. So, you really thought an “aerobic acrostic” was an actual style of poem….haha? Sorry for that, glad you found the one word per line form worked though. Thanks for sharing on the word prompt article. Take care.

John
        You should've seen me trying to figure it out...Lol!

You had my brain scrambling for a little bit.

By the way, we can't get Vegimate in the United States.

Go figure.

1. Jodah profile image92

Brenda, I remember Linda (Carb Diva) telling me she considered buying it online but it was too expensive there. I imagine with postage it would be.

John
            I just looked it up.

This says it is yeast extract???

And that's good?

10. profile image0
    Vladimir Karasposted 2 years ago

Great poems, John, as always -- reminds me of times when I had something like a breakfast. I am on intermittent fasting, 19 hours with no food, meaning no breakfast either. Always felt heavy after eating all those goodies in the morning.

1. Jodah profile image92

Hi Val, good to receive your comment here. I was actually thinking to myself, “I wonder if Val eats breakfast?” I would have guessed not. Myself, I find I need to eat breakfast around 10am and then I am satisfied until I have a light meal for dinner. So only two meals a day for me. Last week that was thrown out the door with having to attend two Christmas lunches…but resulted in no dinner necessary.

11. vidsagster profile image88
    vidsagsterposted 2 years ago

Hi John, a great response to Brenda's word prompt. Seeing the various breakfast items you listed reminded me of some of them I have been missing. Cheese and fruit are my favorite as is peanut butter. Planning to try oatmeal now.  Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I realized there are so many options.i enjoyed reading your article and poems. The one word acrostic is new to me and loved it. Thanks Misbah for sharing. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my dear friends.

1. Jodah profile image92

Hello Vidya. Yes, there are so many options for breakfast when you think about it. You are the second to mention peanut butter. Now and then I get a craving for that so just grab a spoon and eat it straight from the jar. Not normally for breakfast. I am glad you enjoyed the one word per line acrostic poem too. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

John...
        Ya got to try it on toast.

12. Nicoartz profile image88
    Nicoartzposted 2 years ago

I can't even start my morning without my breakfast. As soon as I open my eyes in the morning my stomach tells me to get up and make breakfast. Like a tired zombie, I drag myself from the bed in search of food. It usually consists of 2 eggs over easy, bacon well done (but not burnt), a piece of toast half perfect, half-burnt (I need a new toaster, haha), a tall glass of orange juice, and a cup or two of Nespresso coffee (light cream no sugar). Once in a while, I may have a waffle with butter and syrup as a breakfast dessert. Excellent writing. I'm getting hungry.

Happy Holidays!

I can picture that zombie like walk as you search for breakfast.

If i did that...breakfast wouldn't be fit to eat.

2. Jodah profile image92

Hi Jason, I can relate, though I usually allow myself to wake properly first before attempting breakfast. A cup of coffee generally fixes that. My stomach feels a little queezy this morning so I just had a couple of crumpets for a change. Thank you for reading.

13. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this, John.  Breakfast is my favorite meal.  It works any time of the day or night for me.

1. Jodah profile image92

Glad you enjoyed this Audrey. Yes, I agree with you that breakfast works anytime of the day or night. I often go to a cafe that has “all day breakfasts” on the menu…and usually order eggs Benedict or a big breakfast.

14. Moondot1822 profile image96
    Moondot1822posted 2 years ago

Great work, as always, John. I think breakfast is incomplete without eggs. You can write on any topic. Can you share the secret of your magical pen? Lol. big_smile

15. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Haha Moondot smile If I share the secret of my magic pen it won't be special anymore. Yep, egg is the basis of most breakfasts in my book. Than you for reading this.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)