Alter-Egos do you want BadCo & PirateGirl Gone ?

Jump to Last Post 51-85 of 85 discussions (195 posts)
  1. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

What can I say, Captain and The Pirate Girl are some of the character that make the forums a fun place to hang out.  The Captain is both playful and harsh all wrapped up with his amusing wit.

The Pirate Girl is a passionate and amazing poet.  If her confident and seductive thoughts don't make you fall in love with her, then the various pictures she posts will.

That is not to mention the amazing banter that occurs when the two of them get together.  Interacting with them is more entertaining than anything on TV. 

I vote for both of them to live long healthy lives amongst these pages.

1. myownworld profile image73
      myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I second that...except now the suspense is killing me!

(((anxiously awaiting decision by the jury)))

1. profile image0
        bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Our lunch just won't be the same without them.

LOL!!! oh, don't worry we celebrate the first night he's back...

2. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

Honestly, I wish that you'd stop making more work over and over and over again for Maddie and the others who delete/deactivate/reactivate your numerous accounts again and again every time you get angry, BadCo.

Additionally - having an "alter ego" isn't free license to break the rules, which you've used them to do lots in the past.

It's really just a case of poop or get off the pot - you can be just as funny and you-like using ONE account, since the majority of us know it's you anyway.

1. mandybeau1 profile image58
      mandybeau1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gamergirl I bet you were Head Girl lol smile Oh Hell I was too so maybe not.

3. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I enjoy both of them who cares what others think have fun and be all that you can be ! Do not become offended by other people's thoughts some of the ones who complain may have alter egos themselves. Just be you ! smile

4. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

If we vote out everything or everybody that somebody doesn't like there will be nobody left but me. Who will I talk to?
    That is certainly a joke.  I'll be next to go and I'm just Me
       I think everyone should examine opposing points of view in their own heads.  It is easier for others to understand your opposing views when separated.
       KEEP THE DIFFRENT AVITARS but don't hide behind them for malicious purposes as some do. 
       You are alright as far as I know!   
       Do your own thang.

5. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Hey BC! Been missin' ya and it isn't just because I haven't been around much.  wink I'm can't be bothered with reading this whole thread, but for my count, let's just say that I'd love you and PG to stay.  You're here and the truth is out that you're both.  So, really, what's the hoopla all about? If they don't like, they don't read.  For us who like, we'll read and visit.  Love ya and miss ya! xxoo smile  (plus, I've discovered a few other alter egos belonging to other hubbers, so what's up with that???  They gonna leave too???!!)

6. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Well I haven't been on the forums in a while...like anyone noticed or cared...but BadCo I say you AND PirateGirl should stay. You both made me laugh whenever I was feeling down and that isn't easy trust me even my husband sometiems can't make me laugh when I'm down. So I say both should stay.

1. profile image0
      bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well I for one have missed you, and I too think that they stay!

2. Helen Cater profile image61
      Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I noticed you were not around and missed you much. Badco keep the egos plz as the forums would be really boring without them. It's all good from where I am sitting.

7. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

BADCO now is the time for your dramatic entrance!!! please don't keep us waiting any longer....

(((holding my breath here)))

8. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

Well I didn't know you had alternate egos here. It's always been my policy to treat any poster as an individual regardless of how many other ids they may have. Personally I don't see a need for multiple personalities but everyone's different and I suppose one might have a reason for such behaviour. So no it doesn't bother me how many personalities you have and post with.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i don't understand the need for it either, but a few people on here have them. one account is enough for me though...i would get horribly confused logging in and out all the time.

using them for fun, as BadCo does, is fine, but when people create an alter ego just to hide behind to attack people, that is uncool. and BadCo, i take you seriously, for all your humor and funny comments. well, have a great day!

9. RedSonja94 profile image60
    RedSonja94posted 14 years ago

I vote that both stay.  I love them both.

10. Deborah-Lynn profile image60
    Deborah-Lynnposted 14 years ago

Keep them in BadCo, I think,as a newbie, I was attracted to coming back to the forums just to read your interactions with hubbers, before I ever worked up the courage to join in!  Newbies will so miss out if you let go of any of your lovably wicked personas, they offer so much imagination and inspiration, and freedom....I was actually wondering a few days ago if you write for tv or movies because, let's face it, I was one of the people who believed that Pirate Girl was so real, if you can fool so many you can also write believably for characters of both sexes and if you aren't already, you need to give it a shot!

11. profile image49
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

I meant this question as do you want the alter-ego gone, I have already decided to kill them all off. I am Art, tis my name and in future I am just gonna be myself. Tis an Art !

No don't kill them off, do what they do in the Sitcoms, and long running Drama's like "Coronation Street, have them leave and go somewhere else, that way you can be someone else have loads more fun, and bring them back when you feel like it.

1. Deborah-Lynn profile image60
        Deborah-Lynnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HA Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !!!  Mandy beau  you don't know, is this why the closed forum was re-opened...?  You need to know.....Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!OMG

2. profile image49
        HealthTipposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I haven't just the pirates, two new personas House and Thirteen have taken their places. To be honest I get seasick smile

2. Deborah-Lynn profile image60

You can't kill them off doll, by your own word you gave us until Saturday to vote aye or nay!

12. mandybeau1 profile image58
    mandybeau1posted 14 years ago

Tell me I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Didn't even realise it had been closed.

13. mandybeau1 profile image58
    mandybeau1posted 14 years ago

Oh No just read about it hahahahaha  perhaps I should volunteer for the Court jester position left open  until he does return.
    Forums are addictiver writing Hubs are O.K. But prefer Forums.

BadCo never really left sweetie, he's just someone else now....and he will be introducing a new female persona tommorrow, don't be sad, I was feeling just like you  until I found he's been tripping around the Forums the past three days with a new advitar.

I had a feeling that he would. I just can't understand why people take it to heart, its the net, no one means anything they say on here. I mean in terms of Bitching, its Cyber.
        Yet so many threads are closed to reply.
        Me and Badco, were banned at the same time, and He told me off. But I didn't give a toss, we were I suppose technically in the wrong, but all these feelings got hurt. Pretty sure Brenda will be back.
        Thanks for bringing me up to speed i had no idea he had gone again, nor any idea that the thread he had started was closed to reply and reopened.

Sure, I think so too, family squabbles, like in any community, not to minimalize anyones' feelings, but it came out, and it will be worked out, and if others do not keep stirring the pot...everyone will come out of this just fine.  You put people of talent together and conflicts will happen...it's just reality.

14. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

I have no problem with alter egos...I think the alter egos adds creativity to the forums - I vote yes to stay

15. profile image48
    Thirteenposted 14 years ago

That's really nice of you, I hope to enjoy writing loads of good helpful hubs on here. Nice to meet you.

16. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

I only hope you do what's good for you.  Either way your writing reveals the identity you want.  That's the magical part of what you do my friend(s)

17. shamelabboush profile image50
    shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

They are so much fun, so my asnwer is deff: NO! Don't let them go...

18. profile image49
    HealthTipposted 14 years ago

Lol they are gone my friend, if any Hubstaff are reading could you please close this to reply.

19. shamelabboush profile image50

Well, sorry I came late sad I had no idea sad

1. profile image49

I told you I was starting again with 2 new accounts, I think I need to book you in for treatment lol. Enjoy your weekend moi friend smile

1. shamelabboush profile image50
        shamelabboushposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I need an urgent treatment HT smile My heart is aching actually. I had some beer and wine yesterday and I have nice headache today smile

20. myownworld profile image73

oh are we at it again?  god, they won't let u rest HT will they?  after all the battering in the forums (not to mention the endless advice)  it's a wonder u're still alive....

21. shamelabboush profile image50

Well, being a great doctor is not easy! It's his curse and he has to deal with it...

22. myownworld profile image73

yes, we so enjoy destroying people and making heroes out of them...martyr them to death...and once we're thru...go on and on endessly talking about it....!

1. profile image49

Shamel meant no harm my friend, he is in fact one of my best friends on the site, and I mean one of my top 3 friends. It was my own fault for starting the damn thread, I guess if you seek the attention it's the price you pay, doncha think smile

smile I know...I didn't intend that comment towards shamel...just generally venting frustration with all that's been going on...I wish people would just cuddle more and talk less...here's a hug!

23. profile image49
    HealthTipposted 14 years ago

Well Art is always up for a cuddle and a hug be it male, female or a Great Dane with nice breath. Muchness Thankness for the hug and enjoy yer weekend smile

In fact anyone reading enjoy yer weekend !

24. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

I don't mind people having multiple accounts as long as neither account is rude or annoying.

25. love my yorkies profile image61
    love my yorkiesposted 14 years ago

I don't care if people have alter-egos, heck, truth be told, most of us probably do in real life to some extent anyway.  I like your alter-egos and think you should keep them.  I don't know why people get so upset about this.  Heck, been thinking about an alter-ego myself.

26. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

I love the ultra-ego's but HealthTip is my favorite, it just does something to me, Doctor.  :-D

1. profile image49

Why thank you young lady, just booked you in for a full medical next week smile

1. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How fun, and I'm so healthy, but you can never be too, um, what's the word, ummm............

1. profile image49

Lol to be honest I prefer this ego, it's more who I am. I recall someone calling PirateGirl the Tart with the Heart, well I think this new ego is the real Art, the Fart with the Heart, anyways I am off, enjoy yer night Kimberly smile

1. profile image0

LOL have a good one!

27. profile image49
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

Like I care DS I am who I am, I am back and if any don't like it I don't care. I actually used to respect you Darkside, albeit it for 2 minutes !

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you are what you are, and apparently a waste of the time you have and the talent you possess as you prefer to gallivant around the forums as both it's king and queen.

1. profile image49
        BadCoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I tried a different approach which was actually ok but you insulted that as well. I don't want to be king of the forums, I leave that to you my friend, note the sarcasm tone in the word friend. Get off my case DS you dont own Hubpages !

I pointed out, quite civilly actually, the irony of the outcome. Now sadly, I see your true colours.

1. profile image49
            BadCoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

DS being civil just was never you, you were just plain sarky as hell not that I care because in a million years you will never have my shoot at the hip talent. You are a researcher, you compile facts from other people then write, and please spare me the civil crap, you have been on about me for months with your sock puppet crap and the alter ego stuff with your wikpedia links, civil my ass yer a sarky git and you know it.

Spare me the I see your true colours crap, have you ever thought about a career in acting ?

Shoot from the hip flask more like it.

If you put as much effort into using your talent for something worthwhile rather than playing with imaginary friends and dancing around like a monkey for a forum audience you'd be in a better position to brag and boast instead of making it into a pissing match.

I think you are being unpleasant Darkside, now thats not like you Babe.

2. profile image49
        PirateGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My Captain is modest, he actually does have a talent at writing, you my friend are just a long list of factual words, we are done, enough said unless you want to take this further ?

Perhaps later when you're less intoxicated you might want to reread what I wrote.

3. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LUNAR ANTICS: The Moon DownUnder (NZ & Australia) was RED last night (it is pm Sat. now).  Such a moon allows us to read between the lines and make extremely relevant comments. smile

It's always a pity when that relevance is lost to those who only see the Blue aspects; without taking the time to consider that from where we each stand: The view is different. hmm

This thread is largely Now Irrelevant after 4 Days.

2. ClaudetteK profile image58
      ClaudetteKposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile This is amusing, as I feel that you have the talent,(your material is all new original, and as you say, not just researched clutter) and obviously some of us don't. I wasn't going to comment, but going through the variety of answers, all I could feel was green eyes. Jealousy is a terrible thing, and when [people are jealous, it eats away at them. So don't worry we love both the characters, Majority rules and I believe that there was a particularly unpleasant attack on you, by someone that should know alot better.
      Also I am aware that you will not rush to press the report button. I however will be. I think that this thread should be closed, as you asked some time back.
      ClaudetteK

28. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

was there a full moon tonight somewhere? maybe it was crashing into the moon earlier ... lots of tension in the forums today.

29. profile image49
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

They just won't let this thread go PD !

30. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

I was kinda secretly bonding with 'House' hes such a lovable prick lol

1. Jackson Riddle profile image49
      Jackson Riddleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Personally I prefer BadCo and PirateGirl, you have created these people in your own unique way rather than get a character that everyone likes and put your own spin behind them, saying that I did enjoy HT and 13 but BadCo and PirateGirl have reserved a place in my heart.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yea but if Jack the ripper had used Johnny Depp as his avatar , I probably would have added him too lol

(the mind is a powerful thing,is it not?)

1. Pearldiver profile image67
          Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

NOT For Everyone lol

lol How are you downunder mate , Spring has sprung and all those daffies , n lambs awww...smile
            Finally the heat of the deep south has abated , my god I must have sweated half the pacific ,so glad we have rain now!!!

Yeah hows brumble town Pearldiver.??????? Or whetre is the blasted place, not o9n any map I have hahahahaha

Nah my point was Arts avatar is a drawcard to newbies is all ,and cool good for him,whatever rocks ya boat.

Dont think this thread is nasty (yet) lol but Ive been wrong many times.

Mandy be frightened ,nahhh youre a Kiwi dammit!

Im ok ,read and commented on ya hub too. Im going to a large flea market this morning set on 65 acres,maybe I will write  a hub about it smile wish I had more than pennies to spend thats for sure! smile

Hey let me know How the large flea market goes, I want to hold one on the large property where I live, course I will wait till the crops are harvested, gotta keep Wangavegas, at the top D. Capitol and all.

31. missalyssa profile image61
    missalyssaposted 14 years ago

Wow BadCo - you really get people fired up!! I love you any way you come...I don't care what name you write under as long as the writing is good and you are having fun! I love you BadCO...I'd re-fan you a million times!!

32. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i think you should stick with BadCo and PirateGirl and just write a bunch of hubs 'til things blow over. nice to see you back! i couldn't quite get used to Dr. House and Thirteen smile

p.s. i found this and thought of you...

http://i36.tinypic.com/2lix5p5.png

cheers mate! wink

1. rmcrayne profile image89
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree smile

1. profile image0

Welcome Back Indeed

33. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

well BadCo I am back on the forums so you and PirateGirl both have to stay for me big_smile

34. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Have you considered lithium to help you through this identity crisis?

35. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

I like 13 ,keep her wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)