President United States

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (73 posts)
  1. queelah profile image61
    queelahposted 14 years ago

I went to see obama at the pnc center in nj it was great. I thingk the president is doing a hell of a job the world is just giving him a hard to because his black. I love the wy he speeks he's.

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Speaches do not get it, results do, he can preach well, but he needs to perform, we will see as the results unfold, so far, average at best, a lot of false indicators being played up, and many temporary moves, we shall see what palys out...

2. TimTurner profile image69
      TimTurnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If speeches and motivating people was what being a good president was about, Obama wins with flying colors.  Unfortunately, he is all talk and no action.

USA Today came out with a Congressional report today that says Obama has left the country vulnerable to bioterrorism:  http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington … reat_N.htm

I think he needs to quit being a celebrity and quite giving useless speeches and get things done.

If you're happy with that, then good for you.  But I'm not.  I want a president that makes me feel safe with world issues.  Obama doesn't.

3. TimTurner profile image69

And the world is giving him a hard time cause he's black???

Didn't he just the world-wide Nobel Peace prize??? hahaha

He did NOTHING to deserve that.  You have it backwards.  The world gives him TOO MUCH credit because he's done nothing so far.

1. profile image0
        Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's called affirmative action

2. queelah profile image61
        queelahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It takes awhile to clean up the mess the last president left . Give man a chance.

1. profile image0
          A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He is not a man he is the messiah!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
            Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And that is why he can't change everything over night smile

1. profile image0

Yes, he can, thats what he told us during the campaign. It wasn't until he was the President that he decided things couldn't be done overnight!

2. marinealways24 profile image60
              marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Or over a century. lol

Believe me, he's creating his own mess with this healthcare nonesense (which is splitting his OWN party) and his international decisions that are questionable.

And for how long will you keep using that excuse?  When you want to re-elect him for 4 more years, will you say "he needs 4 more years to clean up the mess of Bush?"

Yes, you will smile

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Be for real.
      Stop accusing people you don't even know of being racist.
      And check your spelling.  Anyone who's in college should spell better;  plus not troll a site just instigating crap.

1. jiberish profile image80
        jiberishposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True, ZERO HUbs, and no spell check....hummm, hummm, hummm

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
          Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I think it's TK smile

1. tksensei profile image60
            tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow. Do you associate me with poor spelling? I assure you there is only one me here. No 'cute' performance art, multiple identity preciousness for me.

5. profile image55
      swdutchboyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know Queelah I agree with Brenda, stop the race card already. Anyone who has no argument can pull that out and say its about race, It could be said that the "It takes awhile to clean up the mess the last president left " comment you made is more repugnent and racist as the people you are condemming. And the news media thinks he's the messiah! pay attention the only news media that has negative discourse is FOX! and the White House has gone on the offensive, to bolster that. Well I was on this forum looking for food... now I think I'm going to be sick. Thank you for your time.Dutch

1. egiv profile image59
        egivposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Stating that Bush left a mess is neither racist nor repugnant. I know two R's in a row sounded good, but I'm afraid that one doesn't make any sense and the other is simply not true.

Here's a tip: turn off your TV. Legitimate news sources aren't calling him a messiah. Fox is a joke like MSNBC is a joke. The Wall Street Journal is very critical of Obama, yet not ignorant like Fox.

1. profile image55

Sorry My comments may have seemed out there. What a lively debate. The original article I commented on was leading toward the fact that if you show criticism towards Obama you must be racist, so simply put to lay blame towards Bush's policy would you be called a racist or your decision based on race if it came from a person other than a white? And  the massiah refernce was to another blogger who called him that.

6. profile image55

UKparent: in a way yes and no, congress has to do something, the Dems have control of the Congress now and THEY are devided on the health bill. From what I gather the full bill is not written yet. How can you vote on something that is so incomplete? He did tell us change was fast, change will happen, nothing has happened but to add a stagering amount of debt that will drive the dollar down, down, down. Where would we be then, how about all the other emerging nations that need the dollar? We will give him time, hell he was voted in. No other sitting president has lobbied so long for something before in our history, maybe he should back burner the issue and work on unemployment, blah, blah, blah.  I agree with TimTurner. Dutch

1. vkparent profile image61
        vkparentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree that you can't pass a bill that is incomplete and I think it is ridiculous that they are trying too.  Unfortunately, we the people are demanding that this happens.  I agree also that it is always best not to drive the dollar down...but I would just like to see other solutions.  I don't necessarily agree with the one being presented but I would like to see something happen.  And that something typically takes time.  That is all I am saying give it some time.  I also think he is doing a good job sticking to his guns and not backing down from what he believes.  I wish I knew what he could do about unemployment but I don't know if there really is much.  But that is just my opinion.  There is always something that can be done but half the time people don't want to see that change or think that its the wrong thing to do.

7. STLien profile image61
      STLienposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i think obama's great too, but those days of being in the limelight are over. seriously, we all have a lot of work to do.

8. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Rev. Sharpton said,"Blacks can't be racists because they don't have the power." Well they do now so it's time to do the eggshell walk like the rest of us. Leave race out of it lets see what he actually does then decide if he's great. The tendency to not see what is reality because we're blinded by color is not helping anyone.

2. Tamarii2 profile image58
    Tamarii2posted 14 years ago

I agree I wish the news media would give Him a chance.They keep saying negative things.He inherited a lot of stuff by taking that position.I just wish for once they would say good things about him.He's young at this kind of position.They treat him like he has been doing this type of work forever.

If they gave him any more of a chance he'd need a bigger bed!

3. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Isn't this the food forum?

1. Lady_E profile image63
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol. Queelah would like to meet Obama at the pnc center. So, maybe he/she's thinking about lunch/dinner with Obama at the center.

1. queelah profile image61
        queelahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I already sow obama at pnc center did'nt say I wanted to meet him.

2. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL it's obviously the 'food for thought' forum!

3. tksensei profile image60

Yeah, well, some people will swallow anything...

4. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Yea he hasnt invaded any countries lately ???
    Whats up with that America lol

1. TimTurner profile image69

What are you talking about?  How does this relate to his speeches?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

About the same as your statements duhh

5. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Why do you have this posted under food? smile

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Umm, he should be tasty... Anybody tried Obama with A1 sauce? wink

1. profile image57
      C.J. Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And heaping handfulls of BUTTER!!!!!

7. vkparent profile image61
    vkparentposted 14 years ago

People keep talking about how he hasn't done anything yet...umm...doesn't he have to wait for CONGRESS to do something?  Unless I don't know my US Gov system the President is a figure head that ultimately signs off on the bills but he can't just go in there and say 'this needs to be done so make it happen'  He is talking about what he is trying to accomplish.  America has been come a nation of 'we need it now'  and 'if its not done right now then its to done right.'  Patience!!!  Do people forget about that essential part of life.  When you find out your are pregnant you don't just go in a get the baby out.  Or if you get a new job you don't just instantly move up the rank.  You really think that he was going to get into office and make things happen right away? That is naive.  Haven't we learned from the last President that if we push for things to happen to fast its going to turn around and bit us in the butt?  I mean come on first we went to Iraq because of WMD then it was because of terrorist and then when neither of those satisfied the American people they said 'it was to free the people from the tyrant Saddam.'  Results don't happen over night!  If they did Obama would have already passed his Health Care bill that so many people are against.  And then this place would be America!  Its not just the President that does the work its Congress: the Senate and the House all those people that really are behind it all.  I really don't get why people think that Obama should have already done stuff.  He is, after all, just the President. (as ironic as that sounds)

Also, just to comment on the Nobel Peace Prize thing.  The definition points to people who have intent to do things.  So from what I heard that is why they gave it to him.  Also, the only place that is giving him a hard time is the States Obama has high ratings over seas!  I don't remember exactly but it was like less that 20% in the UK approved of Bush and more than 80% approve of Obama.  Not that that necessarily matters here...but I sometimes think that Europe has the right idea.

Also, since this is a food chat I made Obama Martinis on Election Day!  Which were blueberry Martinis! Lol.

I'm afraid you don't know your US Gov.

Care to explain it then?  Because from my understanding and seeing that I did very well in US Government on top of my work in international relations.  Congress is the law makers.  So I would happily be enlightened.  But simply just saying I don't know doesn't prove to me that you know either.

You really think the president is just a "figure head"? You couldn't have done that well.

Still not explaining that much...and if you think that he has that much more power than that then its a shame you are misinformed.  He can veto, declare war and sign some bills...beyond that there is a number of hoops he has to jump through...and even when declaring war he is suppose to get Congresses approval.  But we have seen how Presidents can get around that. Obama is trying to do it the right way not the Bush way.

Wow. I'm afraid you need more instruction than I have time to give you. No offense.

Good luck.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
                Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Blatantly offensive statement followed by no "offense".  Classy

I said "no offense" because I meant no offense. Sorry I didn't include a 'cute' picture  roll

2. vkparent profile image61

I am not to worried about it.  Cause like you said you obviously can't give me any instruction you said so yourself...which is completely fine with me seeing that at least I was able to present my thoughts and you have simply given blank statements of disapproval...but thanks for the encouraging Good Luck.

Sorry, I get paid for that sort of thing and can't afford freebies.

2. profile image0

You are correct that the President has limitations to what he can do, but whose agenda are the Democrats in power trying to push? Hint, it ain't GW Bush's!

Oh I agree that the Dems are pushing Obama's agenda.  That is why the VP sits in the Senate to make sure the agenda gets pushed.  I will agree that Congress pushes always for what the Pres wants especially in a situation where the Pres is from the same party as the Congress.  I wouldn't disagree with that statement at all.  Still doesn't mean it will work out...just like a couple people pointed out dealing with Health care the Dems are divided...which, in my opinion, doesn't show very good support for their Dem Pres.  That is just me.

Even though I believe Congress should do what is best regardless of who is Pres or who is Lobbying...but that is just idealistic at best to think that could ACTUALLY happen.

1. profile image0

They are not supposed to show support for their Dem President! They are supposed to act on the behalf of their constituents! That seems to be the problem with most liberals in office, they forgot that!

That is what I was saying...but I don't think its just liberals that have that problem with going for what the people want and only supporting what the Pres wants...GOP had a problem with that during Bush Admin seeing that he had one of the lowest approval rates and for some reason his bills kept getting passed.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Those constituents voted Obama in and rejected Bush Lite.

Obama's party has full control of Congress and still can't pass anything or get anything done.  His own party is split on the healthcare bill.

Meanwhile, it's been about 3 weeks since Obama met with military leaders to decide on Afghanistan.  Our soldiers are dying there almost every day and he has yet to MAKE A DECISION.

He just flies around the world, making speeches and being a celebrity.  His approval rating is falling here in the U.S. because everyone is finally figuring out he is all talk and no action.

Europeans will find out soon.  Somehow, we voted for a celebrity as president with almost no political background or experience.

8. profile image0

Really Ron? All of the people they represent voted for Obama? I wonder if the election were re-held how many of those people would stick to their obviously bad decision?

It now takes 100% of the vote to win?  Please, tell me more.

1. profile image0

So the Representative only represents those of his political party? Not all those who voted for Obama are going to vote for him again, not many at all!

Yes, I'm sure they'll vote for Palin.

1. profile image0

Palin wont be running, but they will vote for whoever is running against Obama. You don't like that do you?

No, I love reading fiction.

1. profile image0

You think he will get another term?

I would be less certain if ANYONE the Republicans might run had a snowball's chance in Hell.  You don't win simply by being against something, you have to stand FOR something.  The Republican account is empty.  They used to have a semi-plausible stance as the party of limited government, foreign policy competence, and family values.

They pissed all of that away over the past 15 years.

9. aware profile image68
    awareposted 14 years ago

obama cant jive talk his way tru 8 years . i support him despite the fact i didn't vote for him .  so far he is biz as usual . he takes on issues and sets goals that ar'nt realistic thus fubar . i have high hopes for him because he has vision . but we need fruistion  . not just lofty speeches .

10. profile image0

Fox news is not being "negative" toward Obama they are just not fawning all over him like the rest of the media does. They question his policies which is exactly what reporters are supposed to do.

Fox commentators are critical towards Obama and they were just as critical of Bush. MSNBC commentators are critical of the GOP, whats the problem?

1. livelonger profile image86
      livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This was amusing. big_smile

1. profile image0

And true, but you have never seen Fox so how would you know?

11. jiberish profile image80
    jiberishposted 14 years ago

I read this hub earlier, it's short, but the video is worth a million.  Anyone who is disheartened needs to watch it. 

http://hubpages.com/hub/Congressman-Mike-Rogers

12. jiberish profile image80
    jiberishposted 14 years ago

I read this hub earlier, it's short, but the video is worth a million.  Anyone who is disheartened needs to watch it. 

http://hubpages.com/hub/Congressman-Mike-Rogers

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
      Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for pointing that out.  I'm afraid he was making too much sense in that video, though.

13. garynew profile image61
    garynewposted 14 years ago

I would take you seriously if you would learn to spell.

14. profile image0
    oldenuf2nobetterposted 14 years ago

I've seen a few presidents come and go.Obama has not been in office long enough to rate his performance.His detracters are obviously Republicans who have yet to accept defeat.
    I don't think intelligent objective people take their comments seriously.

1. profile image0

Really, how long will you give him before you or "intelligent objective people" see that the unemployment that he said would not rise above 8% is at 10%? When are the Millions of jobs promised going to materialize? I think your objectivity is more "its Bush's fault"! But it ain't, its Obummers fault!

How long did it take Reagan to help turn the economy around?

1. profile image0

Obama ain't Ronald Reagan, hell he ain't even Ronald McDonald!

2. Friendlyword profile image59
      Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HubPages!
      The problem is these are true believers on this hub.  So you are going to have to hold your temper, and your nose alot  while reading the Forums. Tip: Many of the Republicans on this hub are very educated regardless of how stupid some of their responses might sound to you. ALWAYS CHECK YOUR SPELLING BEFORE POSTING YOUR COMMENT. If they have no response to your comment they will attack your spelling.

15. Dr.Why profile image62
    Dr.Whyposted 14 years ago

A fool never admit wrong!
    And a Lier never admit Truth!
    and Evil always shows hate!
    How can you say you'll better than those who hate America
    If you are one of the Above!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)