My best month ever!

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Nicole Winter profile image60
    Nicole Winterposted 14 years ago

Hi, guys!  I just wanted to tell everyone that this last month of March has been my best month ever at Hub Pages.  I almost ended the month with $30.  I know, it's not HUGE money, but I'm so happy and so proud.  I made my payout a couple of months ago, (whooo-hooooo!) and it's looking like I'm already more than half-way to my next pay-out.  Thanks you guys for being so encouraging and making Hub Pages such a wonderful community!

--- NAW

1. Chaotic Chica profile image60
      Chaotic Chicaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!  Even thirty bucks is something!

2. elayne001 profile image78
      elayne001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

that's great - I see you have been here two years so it does take a while, doesn't it. I look forward to my first payout - there is hope : )
      Have you done anything special to promote your hubs?

3. Aya Katz profile image83
      Aya Katzposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, Nicole!

4. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile congrats!

1. calicoaster profile image77
        calicoasterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow..thats really great...Congrats!! big_smile

5. Dorsi profile image88
      Dorsiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah that's great! You are on a roll now - and it's just like a snowball that gains momentum!

2. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

My best month, also!!

3. Madison22 profile image59
    Madison22posted 14 years ago

Hi Nicole, that is inspiring to know. Way to go!!

4. Nicole Winter profile image60

Awesome, habee!  So happy to hear it.  It sounds to me like internet usage was up for the month of March, in general.  (More people buying off the internet, looking at sites, etc...) This is derived from what friends of mine in the biz have said about the month of March.

elayne001: I post my links when I've published a new hub on my Facebook and Twitter account.  Also, towards the end of the month I got my approval for using a site called SheToldMe.com ... there are other hubbers on there, as well, from what I've seen.  I've *no* clue what I'm doing, SEO is something I'm just starting to learn / read about... (Go O'Reily Hawks!)  It took two years to get my first payment, yes, but I know that there are hubbers on here who did it in much less time.  They seem like they write / publish on a near constant basis, though, too.  You seem like you've done VERY well for yourself in the last seven months, (wow, 129 hubs!!!,) so I have NO doubt that you'll be getting that Google AdSense payment any time now.

Thanks, Chaotic Chica!

1. rmcrayne profile image91
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Nicole.  I made payout for the first time 22 Mar.  I had a great March!  If those stats held, I'd make payout every other month, but I'm not counting on it. 

Here are some helpful hubs by sunforged: 

http://hubpages.com/hub/Writing-for-mon … nt-revenue

http://hubpages.com/hub/One-Year-at-Hub … bPages-pay

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-use-SheT … -backlinks

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Ultimate-Wr … -backlinks

5. Nicole Winter profile image60

Hey, Madison Parker, thanks to you, too!  I'm thinking if we all buckle down this month we can make April an even better month than March was!

--- NAW

6. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Congratulations! I too just had my best month. smile

7. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

Congrats to all best-monthers. smile

8. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Yes ... March has been good to many of us. smile

9. Nicole Winter profile image60

Hey, guys, thanks!  It does indeed look like March was a great Month for many of us.  Hopefully we can all keep this momentum going this month.  I had an interesting thought about broadcasting our hubs on Craig's List in the Rants 'n Raves forum, other people seem to be advertising their video, website, blog, etc... why not us?!?

--- NAW

10. CMHypno profile image84
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Nicole! Strangely enough I had a better February than March, but then I always was peverse!  Hope your next payout comes real soon.

1. Nicole Winter profile image60
      Nicole Winterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aw, that stinks, CMHypno.  Weird, because everyone I've talked to at the end of Feb. was bemoaning what an awful month they'd had!  You must have tapped into the Feb. frame of mind... thanks, I appreciate your support.

--- NAW

11. nikipa profile image63
    nikipaposted 14 years ago

March is the first day of spring so means its a new beginning for all of us!

12. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Nice one. smile

13. fastfreta profile image73
    fastfretaposted 14 years ago

Congrats, Nicole, I'm told it only gets better from here.  smile smile smile smile

14. flread45 profile image59
    flread45posted 14 years ago

Keep writing and the money will increase.smile

15. shibashake profile image81
    shibashakeposted 14 years ago

Congrats Nicole! I love your writing and you definitely deserve all this success and more.

I will do a happy dance for you and drink some vodka big_smile

16. dinkan53 profile image71
    dinkan53posted 14 years ago

I got my payment too this month. Congratulations to all Hubbers who got their payment this month

17. sagbee profile image58
    sagbeeposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Nickol.. $30 is no less you see!!

18. profile image0
    houseazposted 14 years ago

That is awesome and gives me such hope! Good luck!

19. Nicole Winter profile image60

Thanks, guys!  I'm so happy to hear of so many people getting their first pay out this month...  But, again, I wonder what would happen if we started posting our new stories / hubs to Craig's List under rants and raves... has any one tried this?

--- NAW

20. Nicole Winter profile image60

Thanks, Dorsi!  So, I bit the bullet today, guys, and posted my pictorial, "... when it's okay to drop the "f" bomb..." up under this title: Trying to get over the hump day," Wednesday funnies... on the Craig's List Rants and Raves section...

By nine AM I'd gotten up over 100 page views. 

It's four-thirty now and I'm over 200.  Usually, on an average day I get around 115 page views and make anywhere from a penny to dollars...

Until now, (4:30 PM,) I didn't make any money, but I just got three clicks and made 33 cents...

Has anyone else tried this out?

Basically you just put the link up with a little description of what it'll be, I'm going to try again tomorrow with another hub and see what happens, but it seems like a pretty good deal.

--- NAW

21. Nicole Winter profile image60

Oh.. shucks... I should clarify, I posted the link, not the hub itself.  That's cool, right?

--- NAW

22. Nicole Winter profile image60

Well, I've been posting links to Craig's List and a couple of other sites every day now for a few days.  I'm getting 2-3 times as many page impressions.  At first it didn't seem like I was making any more money, but now, it seems like it is paying off.  Either way, it's very interesting...

--- NAW

1. Dao Hoa profile image61
      Dao Hoaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on your success. I did not look at Craig's List. Gotta check it out! Thanks.

23. mythbuster profile image71
    mythbusterposted 14 years ago

Congrats Nicole Winter!

I haven't been posting to Craig's List...but since you've mentioned this, I'm going to figure that darned Craig's List TOS out this month and do the same.

I'm not too good at promoting my hubs, so my earnings aren't what I'd like. I'm glad to hear you're making $30 a month now - hopefully your balance keeps going up and up now.

24. Nicole Winter profile image60

Hey, guys... thanks, (much thanks,) to all who've responded.  It seems to me like the whole Craig's List thing is a bunch of looky-lou's...  They come, they look, they don't click.  So while my page impressions have increased almost triple-fold, I'm still seeing around a dollar a day, (maybe a little more,) for this month. 

Still... not bad... and possibly worth taking a look at.

--- NAW

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)