Introducing HubCamp

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 64 discussions (153 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 13 years ago

On the final week of September, HubPages is going to hold HubCamp: an in-person meeting of Hubbers in San Francisco where we'll go over some of the finer points of becoming an effective online writer.

Wer'e still in the planning stages, but because it's all about the hubber community, we were hoping you'd let us know what you want us to cover at this first ever HubCamp.  Below are some topics we're thinking of covering - let us know which ones are most important to you, and let us know if you'd like us to cover something else as well!

Potential HubCamp Seminar Topics
    -Basic keyword research
    -Selecting topics
    -Linking
    -Driving traffic
    -How to select titles
    -Basic tips on writing content for an online audience
    -A profile of the ideal hub (a description of the optimal number of capsules, links, and words based on our analysis of hub statistics and revenue)

Also, let us know if you're interested in coming! We'd love to see you there!!

1. Aficionada profile image79
      Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How cool!  I wish it were not so far.  Any chance you could hold some of these around the country?  Say, one a quarter?  Or maybe could the one in SF be broadcast or put on YouTube or whatever?

Simone Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, we're definitely going to hold more! This shall just be the first XD
        We're also going to roll out complimentary online components, so any ideas or suggestions are most welcome!

1. darkside profile image65
          darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Put me down for the Sydney Australia event!

1. Jerrico Usher profile image57
            Jerrico Usherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I second that! Would be great to tape it just to have and you can use it to help train those who didn't attend via video... video tends to motivate people. Also there should be an awards banquet as well, sort of talking about the accolades and some people who have them etc...

Jerrico

2. Morgan F profile image59
      Morgan Fposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great idea Simone! It's too far away for me but if you're posting on the internet I'll get in there and follow along!

3. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

two things:
      1. St. George Rulebreaker
      2. A Splash of Lime

Anything else, I can bring myself and be the good student!
      Woohoo, HubCamp!

smile
      You are shaping up to be quite the commune leader, Simone. Kudos.

4. profile image0
      BenjaminBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That would be something really cool to attend if I was able.All who do get to go have a great time!

5. Teregirl profile image61
      Teregirlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can attend online. Please send more info and sign me up!

6. LillyGrillzit profile image79
      LillyGrillzitposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope you guys have fun, I cannot come to San Fransisco, but I would enjoy it.  Have fun!

Write On,

LillyGrillzit

1. Jerrico Usher profile image57

If I go I will want to tape while I'm there.. not sure if that will be allowed.

7. Anamika S profile image66
      Anamika Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would have loved to attend but i am far away from you. Is it possible to make a PDF of topics and information you share there so that we can download it and benefit from it too?

8. Second Act profile image79
      Second Actposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would love to attend, depending on cost and scheduling...  I am so lucky that I'm an East Bay person, so I'm near enough to participate!  Please keep up posted.  How exciting!

9. Uriel profile image72
      Urielposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ok...now i hate my luck sad i feel really sad that it has to me like thousands of miles away ...like two continents away [ i am staying in lebanon which is a great place in case you are thinking of FUTURE hubcamps ] though i hope we get some photos or even videos big_smile

10. alysasa profile image58
      alysasaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

HUB camp sounds like a great idea but I will be out of town at the PETA gala.  will the camp summary and list serve be available to the HUB community?

Best, Alysia
      thePHATgirls

11. Jerrico Usher profile image57

I live in Oregon but I really want to attend this. Can you give more details as far as any costs... or is parking and traveling our only expense (i.e. no cover charge to get in, do we bring a dish? (potluck would be cool)... and where will it be? in HP headquarters?

12. profile image0
      manumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

San Francisco is a great place to visit, but because I have already been there at least twice I wont be able to make the journey without thinking about all the other places I could write about on Hub pages.. So to take a break in that week, I might go wildflower walking in Western Australia, it is very pretty.
      Thanks. Titling to meet the first sentence - is my intricate topic.

13. creativelycc profile image62
      creativelyccposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wish I  could go!

14. Captain W profile image60
      Captain Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds very cool. I'd like to attend and learn as much as I can.

Where in SF will the event take place? I'm an east bay native, so it's only a 30 minute drive to the city.

2. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

I could see some advantage in holding different modules - or maybe breaking up the day - to address the absolute beginner, the hubber with a modest bit of experience, the very experienced, and the super-Hubber.  Maybe cover all of the same topics for each group, but at different levels, so that the least experienced don't get totally overwhelmed and the most experienced don't get bored and do receive good value from it.

You make a good point!

3. lakeerieartists profile image63
    lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

Sounds fun.  I love SF but it is just too far for this year.  Maybe a future hub camp.  smile

4. TinaAtHome profile image67
    TinaAtHomeposted 13 years ago

I'm really close to SF and would love to come.

Awesome!  We'll have a date soon- keep your calendar clear for the final week of September!!
      I hope you can make it >_<

5. elayne001 profile image79
    elayne001posted 13 years ago

that's cool - how bout comin' to Hawaii for the next one?

Do many of the top hubbers pay to get traffic?
    free RSS submission sites
    free blog sites
    etc.

Thanks for the suggestions!

And Hawaii?  Oh I am ALL over that.  Is there much of a hubber community there?

1. elayne001 profile image79
        elayne001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

PWalker281
        Rose West
        MizJeannie
        Youngcurves19
        PegasusTeam
        Elizabeth C
        BethanyGM
        Cheriess
        jparedes
        gms
        and I am sure more are hubbers in Hawaii - oh and me elayne001

2. profile image0
        PWalker281posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm a Hawaii Hubber.  Just met Elayne a coupla days ago.  We'll dig up more for you if we have to pull them outta the ocean!

6. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

This is a pretty cool idea.

Any chance that some of the seminars be broadcast via webinar or podcast?  I live too far away to attend...though it would be a great holiday!

Yeah! We'll definitely create online components of HubCamp for those who can't attend in-person meetings.  We're looking into both webinars and more static online guides already, and podcasts are a great idea too! I'll look into that!

1. Beth100 profile image69
        Beth100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's AWESOME!!!  Thanks Simone, and pass the thanks on to the rest of the HP team.

2. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that will be great for us who can not attend the meeting.cheers!!

3. Peggy W profile image96
        Peggy Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds great for those of us too far away to attend.  Kudos to you and the hubpages team!

7. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Sounds great...I'll be there in spirit....it's too far for me to walk...look forward to more developments on this though!

1. quicksand profile image82
      quicksandposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why, it's just across the ocean! Can you swim?

1. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep I can swim but I don't want to swim with sharks and depths of the oceans evil creatures too....there's some undiscovered evil at the bottom of them seas!!

8. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

I love the idea of serving it up in levels - I am struggling with back-linking - not the concept, but the how-to. Many of the successful hubbers are sharing methods (Thank-you, thank-you to you all!) but they are way above my level of expertise, and I get lost in the techno-speak.

The San Fransisco venue sounds like a song from the 60s: "If You're Going to San Fransisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair..." - will you all be doing the same? wink

We'll definitely work on the backlinking lessons then!  And as for the flowers- you BET! Though I shall have to stick to bows.  Bows are my religion.  Along with chocolate.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
      DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL  I remember that song!

9. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Hubcamp sounds great but I can't go.  Any way it could be shown on the web?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image71
      Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Simone addressed this above, copied below. wink

10. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years ago

Great concept and I hope HP will hold a camp regularly, perhaps annually. I'll pounce on any Webinar or archive attached to it this time and next time I'll do my best to attend!

Yeah, we're Hubbin'!

Patty

Yay!  Yeah, we wouldn't dare doing something like this without online components, but we definitely want to have in-person meeting too.  The add a fun sort of kick, don't you think?

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
        Zsuzsy Beeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are going to supply plane tickets... right? hahaha

Seriously what an awesome idea, for now I will be following the works online but maybe at a future date I might be able to join in, in person.

If only! Hahaa- surely more locations are to come, and the online components shall be great for the time being, I promise!

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
          Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh say, some airlines offer 2-for-1 tickets at times. If they do that next year, that might help us from the eastern side. smile

11. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

If I had a ride, I'd be down - Sacto is close!  We could have a Sacto van??

That would rock! It's not a far drive at all!  Maybe a carpool could be set up.

12. Mike Lickteig profile image77
    Mike Lickteigposted 13 years ago

How about meeting in Kansas City sometime?  Right in the heart of the Midwest.... (and close to home for me.).  I would love to attend something like this, but not sure it is feasible with travel expenses. 

This is a wonderful idea!

Good point!  That'd be an excellent location for us to consider.  Do you know of many hubbers within driving distance?

1. Mike Lickteig profile image77
        Mike Lickteigposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Although many "hubbers" don't list specific locations in their profiles, I've seen several hub writers speak of being from the Midwest, calling Ohio, Minnesota and Missouri home.  There are also a few from Texas--all within approximately one day's drive to Kansas City.  Kansas City also has a major airport, and one can get to either coast in a few hours.  It is also a nice city with much for visitors to see and do.

Really, I heartily recommend Kansas City as a central location for meeting up with folks.

2. JulieKLM profile image59
        JulieKLMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm one! :-)

Nice! This is great to know!

13. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years ago

Cool--usually things are held across the country from me, and I can't go.  SF, though, we live just about 45 min away across the Bay. 
    Actually, I was born & raised in SF...couldn't wait to move away so I could enjoy REAL summers!

But I can probably get back there pretty easily...pending a turnaround in my current income, which at the moment even leaves me short for bridge toll..  :-(

Aw' c'mon! It was 90 in the city today!
      Well, pending income fluctuations, I hope you might be able to make it!

1. Jane@CM profile image59
        Jane@CMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You even made the Sacto news with those temps.  Lucky you get to cool right back down!  We will be at 107 today!!  And then this weekend, these poor people (remember I'm from Minnesota) will have to suffer with the mere 80's.

Carpooling from Sacramento - lets do it!

Back to regular scheduled programming....

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
        DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL  I know all about "90 in the city."    wink  A very rare event, you get 2.5 days, and the afternoon of the 3rd day, the freaking, freezing fog comes rolling back in.

I remember once, when I was a child, we had out of town guests, whom we'd advised what kind of clothes to bring.  We were at Fisherman's Wharf, and noticed some uniformed tourists shivering in shorts.

As we passed them, my father quipped, "I'll bet you thought San Francisco was in sunny California!"  wink tongue

14. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Darn I hate living in Australia sometimes - if it weren't for the face you Americans got yourself in a silly recession I'd consider it!

It would be great if there could be some kind of online hook up or video event?

We can definitely work on that!

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awesome! big_smile

15. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

HubCamp, Phase II:

Jan. 2011 in Australia
    April 2011 in St. Louis
    July 2011 in Toronto
    Oct. 2011 in London

How's that for some creative thinking?  Now, if I could just reach my first payout.....

1. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Instead of London... what about Bristol!  That is more central for everyone in the UK big_smile

Oh, that's good to know!!

2. MPG Narratives profile image61
      MPG Narrativesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

January in Australia is beautiful. Love to have one here. Great idea Simone. How about a topic on how to reduce scamming?

16. fetty profile image65
    fettyposted 13 years ago

I can't attend in person either, but would really like to see a video or the web cam, etc.  All of your topics are needed . Perhaps one on hub safety. A lot of times the information that is published in a hub is incorrect or could be harmful especially involving back links , seo's etc. Newbies are susceptible to this misinformation because we are new. Thank you.

Ah, I see your point, and it's a good one!  What do you think is more important- lessons on how to recognize and flag incorrect/harmful hubs, or lessons on how to avoid making them?

1. MPG Narratives profile image61

lessons on how to recognize and flag them.

17. nasus loops profile image64
    nasus loopsposted 13 years ago

Personally would love to come, but really it is way to long a plane trip for me.  However, I do think it is a great idea.  I think good areas to cover for the relatively new and inexperienced hubber would be traffic driving and general basics on writing good quality hubs.

Sounds good- though it's a shame you can't make it to this one! We'll definitely have those topics covered though!

18. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Sounds fun, Ive been flying back and forth from Ny to San Diego rather frequently, havent made it up to San Francisco yet, I still need one of those pictures of myself in front of the bridge.

Im down as a maybe.

Will there be free coffee or some branded knick knacks

Nice!
      And you KNOW there will be.

19. ross670daw profile image59
    ross670dawposted 13 years ago

I was really hoping something like this would be happening with Hubpages one day, and maybe, just maybe, if we ask nicely enough, coming to Australia too, unfortunately can't make it to SF, but would really be interested in participating online in a webinar if that were possible. I'm with Aficionada and WryLilt here.
    Come to Aussie, c'mon, c'mon.

1. agvulpes profile image84
      agvulpesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm another Aussie joining the list. Put me down for the Webinar smile

Hey, if enough Aussies can make it to an Australia HubCamp, we'd certainly hold one there!  We'll develop a better way to drum up potential attendees in a certain area soon - it'll make it easier to decide on the next HubCamp location!

1. ross670daw profile image59
          ross670dawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Simone, that would be awesome, everyone is welcome at my place.

2. MPG Narratives profile image61

I'm in for the Aussie one definitely. Webinar will have to do for first one.

20. salt profile image61
    saltposted 13 years ago

wonderful, for us international hubbers, could you make it possible to view via webcam? or web seminar...???

1. sofs profile image78
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am with you salt and others who have said this. Please don't leave us out!!!

1. Beth100 profile image69
        Beth100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Simone and Maddie already stated that they are including online venues for those who cannot attend.  smile

21. Denise Handlon profile image86
    Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

Excellent idea.  I am bummed I'm on the east coast and will miss this.

22. vydyulashashi profile image58
    vydyulashashiposted 13 years ago

wow really great..but is there any facility for hubbers from other countries??

It would be really a fantastic opportunity for us.

Definitely!  There will be online components and subsequent meetings smile

23. rui paiva profile image61
    rui paivaposted 13 years ago

Great idea. The next meeting has to be in Europe .... heehhehe. All topics are important. Do not forget to publish the ideas that come out of the meeting.

24. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 13 years ago

Too bad I am on the Exact opposite coast of the US.

Id go if I didnt need to pay for an airline ticket+hotel.

Hope its a great success!

If there is an online webcam live type thing that would be neat!

~thranax~

We're definitely on it with the online part, and not to worry! I'm sure there will be east coast HubCamps in the future!

25. Sara555 profile image68
    Sara555posted 13 years ago

That sounds awesome! I live a little too far away, but I can join online! smile

1. Joy56 profile image67
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i can join online.  Come to Ireland, everyone wants to visit Ireland, this would be a good opportunity for all hubbers to come over for a holiday

Oooh- Ireland O_O 
        Tempting!!!!

26. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

Great idea!!  I can't make it to San Francisco, though, but maybe a later one somewhere else.  smile

27. MMMoney profile image60
    MMMoneyposted 13 years ago

very nice idea

28. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 13 years ago

I wish I had the money to travel. sad

Me too T_____T  ... though we're certainly going to make it easier for future HubCamps to be held in more locations in the future, so no worries!

29. Cheeky Girl profile image66
    Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

Simone, this is a great Idea, and I love the list you have here. It will really help raise the standards. There is certainly no harm in pointing out the ways a hub can be optimised and rating improved. What Hub Pages writer does not want that?

Too bad I love the other side of the Atlantic ocean, otherwise I 'd happily attend, and meet the great people behind Hub Pages! And Hubbers! I hope to attend one some day! Cheers!

I'm glad you like our ideas! If you think of any others, don't hesitate to let us know!

30. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Very cool idea!  Wish I could go, but not this go around.  Keep us posted!

Yah! Maybe next round!

31. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 13 years ago

Gosh, I love the idea but, unfortunately, I'm an ocean away sad. I'm looking forward to the 'online' HubCamp. Just say when and what time (I'll figure out the time difference later) big_smile.

32. nikipa profile image63
    nikipaposted 13 years ago

Amazing idea! Looking forward to online HubCamp!

1. samsons1 profile image59
      samsons1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm for the Hub Camp online..., you would definitely draw a larger audience...

33. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 13 years ago

Living across the US and having another trip planned at the first of OCT would make the trip impossible, however, i think it is a grand idea.  Hub camp online sounds excellent as well.

34. Shopping-Online profile image63
    Shopping-Onlineposted 13 years ago

That's a great idea! I hope the Hubbers would get to learn more and also build friendships that way.

I am looking forward to see a HubCamp organized in India. Still I could have planned a Holiday abroad if it would not have been in such a short notice. Still.... I can try next year.

35. gracenotes profile image89
    gracenotesposted 13 years ago

Great idea.  I'd like to see a "hot topics" panel discussion with questions afterward.  Make the selected subjects somewhat controversial.

If you can give more notice (and for the future), if you find out that some very experienced hubbers are planning to attend, you could ask one of them to lead a sharing session on a topic of their choice.  Spreading the responsibility around benefits everyone.

Also consider holding a future hub camp here in Dallas/Fort Worth.  DFW Airport is a "hub" of its own, centrally located, and a direct destination flight from many cities in the U.S.

That's a great idea! What sort of hot topics are you thinking of?  Perhaps we could set up a poll and have hubbers choose.
      We'll definitely want to have experienced hubbers leading sessions at future HubCamps (and at this one too, if anyone steps up, though you make a valid point about the short notice).    We're just as interested to hear what they have to say as the next hubber!
      And we'll definitely consider DFW - it's a major hub indeed! And I bet a lot of hubbers live nearby already smile

1. gracenotes profile image89
        gracenotesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Simone,
        I am sure that you'd get a lot of hubbers voting on a poll on what hot topics to include, since many hubbers will view the streaming videos of the hub camp sessions.

I'm thinking (1) the future of Amazon affiliation or of affiliates of any kind (2) the SEO vs. whatever (sorry, can't think of name)issues debate that has been argued back and forth in our forum discussions about Google.  And those are two topics that come to mind right away (not that I feel qualified to discuss either of them).

36. R Stolarczuk profile image61
    R Stolarczukposted 13 years ago

This sounds like a great idea Simone! The location is too far away for me but hopefully you will be updating in the forum.  What do you think the hot topics will be?

Certainly monetization, and also more on keywords and optimal titling... Any suggestions are appreciated!

37. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

AWESOME Idea Simone and I can't wait to see the results of this initial Hub Camp. I am a newcomer to writing as well as a new Hubber. I live on the East Coast in Historic Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and a bit far to cycle. Your agenda is perfect to start with.  I will stand by for more details and the results of this FANTASTIC Idea of yours.

They're from the team, hahaa- I'm just sharing them!  We're really excited about this first HubCamp though, and hopefully there can be a HubCamp in Philadelphia someday soon!

38. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

I do hope so Simone and you can bet I will be there. I will also be glad to give Free tours of Historic Philadelphia to all Hubbers. My tour will begin at the Liberty Bell.

39. profile image0
    Medkh9posted 13 years ago

thats really a great idea to hold in person seminars i wish i was near i woul love to attend an event like this , tell me is there any online version of this meeting where we can log on and participate ,

40. KathrynF profile image59
    KathrynFposted 13 years ago

Simone -  This sounds fabulous!  Why not help Hubbers get together in their own 'hoods the day of your HubCamp?  smile  I'm about to drop you a line about with some ideas!  Hope to talk to you soon, Kathryn

41. adrienne2 profile image66
    adrienne2posted 13 years ago

Hey HubCamp is an awesome idea. That is a great way to get a chance to actually meet our fellow hub writers, and become better online writers. 

Any chance of one being held in Chicago?

42. 4wardthinker profile image71
    4wardthinkerposted 13 years ago

What a great idea! I'm new to hubpages and I'm still trying to figure out the system. The best part...I live in the Bay Area! Thanks for this amazing opportunity to learn and connect with other hubbers!

43. profile image0
    devsirposted 13 years ago

I would like to be there but the distance stops me. I wish all of the hubbers who will join, enjoy and benefit a good luck and good time there. I hope to learn the things from my friends who will join the HUbCamp

44. 2besure profile image81
    2besureposted 13 years ago

Is the HubCamp going to be taped so that others who can not attend can take advantage of this great information?

Yes! Definitely.  It'll also be complimented by original online companions.

45. TinaAtHome profile image67
    TinaAtHomeposted 13 years ago

How long are you expecting the HubCamp to last?

Probably about two and a half or three hours- nothing crazy, but good enough for some hearty discussion and development!

46. SANJEEV KHURANA profile image60
    SANJEEV KHURANAposted 13 years ago

Hi there,
    How about posting a video or a PPPT after the event for the benfit for people like me living far far away.
    Thanks.

Definitely!

47. travel_man1971 profile image62
    travel_man1971posted 13 years ago

Thanks, Simone. I wish I could attend. My budget in traveling is not enough. I'll just stay in touch here in Forums.

Sounds good!  Perhaps a later HubCamp will be closer to you smile

48. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

I would love to come but I think the bus fare will be prohibitive tongue

Darn those busses!!!!!!!!

49. kazeemjames01 profile image58
    kazeemjames01posted 13 years ago

Am far away. Won't be able to come. Anyway, kudos to you guys

50. chrysstil profile image60
    chrysstilposted 13 years ago

That's great opportunity to learn the new hubbers like me. I am far away but I 'll watching.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)