What's With The New Age Thingy?

Jump to Last Post 1-45 of 45 discussions (242 posts)
  1. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

I go to some Churches and the preachers are shooting New Age from their pulpits. I read a damn book, I find New Age. I go online, all I see is New Age. Hubbers talk New Age. Everywhere New Age! Is it just some new spiritual craze, like say yoga or meditation, or is it part of scriptural prophecy fulfilled? Lets try and keep this thread on the topic...and with some sanity, if possible!

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Most of that stuff you find on the internet is practiced out of fad.
      Second, new age isn't exactly new age. It's more like as old an age as you can get. wink
      the only part about prophesy that is true is on the part of the people who actually believe it.

It's scares me to say the least but not because I believe it is or ever was meant as a foretelling of the future but since so many do, I wouldn't hesitate to say they are "sick" enough to make it happen.

2. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think religion is really a waste of effort.  I believe in God, but I don't believe God has anything to do with religion.

1. Stacie L profile image88
        Stacie Lposted 14 years agoin reply to this

couldn't agree more!!
        just because I don't label myself or go to church doesn't mean I'm not spiritual...smile

1. JonTutor profile image60
          JonTutorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good call... my thoughts exactly.

3. profile image0
      ellie1142545posted 14 years agoin reply to this

My understanding of New Age, they believe basically what every one else believes, but they have a differant perspective on the views of those who are not New Age....They are just as much a Christian, as all those who believe...

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did I take it right that all those who believe are christians? wink

1. Lady Guinevere profile image67
          Lady Guinevereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

2. profile image0

That's what I've always believed...Jesus died for our sins, and those who asked for forgiveness, are of the Christian Faith....Saved by His Grace....

1. Misha profile image62

Umm, so Muslims don't believe, Jews don't believe, Hindus don't believe... Interesting take on things, guess it's very Christian of you...

1. profile image0

Hum....They have their beliefs, which are differant than mine, do I say that they don't believe?  If you can find where I said that, I'll apologize....God alone, knows what's in their hearts, I don't, and I refuse to condemn anyone, for their beliefs.....I'm not Hindu, Jewish, Muslim....On one of my other sites, I have a Hindu friend, and this friend loves the Lord with all her heart....Muslims Believe in God, Jewish believes in God, and many of them believe that Jesus is the Messiah....Like I said, God knows what's in their hearts...Faith is what matters.....

2. JonTutor profile image60

Yes very "Christian"... Is God really what we make him out to be.... Only we Christians/Moslems seem to be hell bent on believing our brand to be the only truth.... I have met Buddhist Monks and I work in a motel owned by Hindu Indians who never deny other religious beliefs.... there is a certain difference between being proud and being vain.... be proud of your faith.... but don't look down upon others faiths... that's vain.

1. profile image0

If you see, anything, that I supposedly wrote, like you have here, then I'll apoplogize....I'm not Buddhist Monks, and again I say I'm not Hindu....I'm also not Muslim....I have never, nor will I condemn another one's beliefs...It belongs to them, and God knows where their hearts are...I've been in contact with Buddhist Monks my self....Religious is a word, that's it, just a word....It has nothing to do with ones belief.....Since you are all blowing this out of proportion, excuse me when I say...It was nice being in the forum, butthe contridiction is getting a bit too much....God's Blessings to you all....Good Bye...You can leave comments on my site if you wish, but I think I'll stay out of this forum....

You still don't get it.... Only we(christians) will be "SAVED".. every believer in whatever faith if they keep putting down others.... condemned to hell for eternity for not believing in there brand.... even if it doesn't seem judgemental to folks like you.... it would seem judgemental for an impartial observer like Misha.

2. ledefensetech profile image67
            ledefensetechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's always been a minority that have seen the Passion as saving all of humanity, what you believe doesn't matter.  This view was much more prevalent prior to the Church hooking up with the Roman State.  You can't after all get butts in the pews or money for charity if you can't scare people into coming in for service because they "have to believe" in order to be saved.  I rather believe that the story of Christ is one we should always be prepared for.  One day we may all be faced with our own Calvary, it would speak well of us if we were prepared.

1. profile image0

Isn't that kind of like pushing your beliefs on to others?  I can't do that...Yes I attend a church, but...I will not tell someone that they have to attend church to be saved, that you have to give money to be saved, The church, will not save a person, being baptized will not save a person...Telling a person they have to believe to be saved, well to me that's being pushy, and that's so not me....

4. profile image50
      WitchofWavelandposted 14 years agoin reply to this

With all due respect, I am not a religious person but, a very spiritual one. I was raised Christian as well as with Native American Spiritual Teachings. I was allowed exposure to all good, positive paths. I've gone to several churches over the years and have yet to come across a preacher who will even consider speaking of anything New Age. Which part of the country are you living in? I grew up in CT and now live in IN. IN is far more Christian since it's in the upper midwest Bible Belt. There are churches only yards away from each other. There are Billboard Signs advertising churches in every town. I don't appreciate any religion being shoved in my face. I don't know who termed it "New Age" but, many of its practices are very ancient such as Yoga, meditation/visualization, Shamanism, Homeopathic/Naturopathic Remedies, etc.. They are not crazes, although, people tend to turn such into trends. Judism and Christianity are not the oldest religions as you may believe. Shamanism and Wicca/Witchcraft are and there is nothing evil about them unless people, just as in Christianity or any other religion chooses to make it so. I believe we are all individual souls with our own lessons and Divine Purposes to fulfill. God gave us Free Will and does not interfere with his/her own Divine Law of allowing us to evolve, progress or regress. It is our own choices. Whichever spiritual path we are borne into or choose later in life, that is what level our soul is at for the moment. It does not make us any greater or any less than another. God loves us despite our sins. We are all fragmented souls from a greater Omni Potent, Perfect Whole Essence. None of us have the right to "judge" another yet, we all do it. I have exposed and taught our children to love all people unconditionally, just as Christ wants us to. "Love thy neighbor as thyself." There is more than enough hate and contempt in this world. I refuse to spread it further. My conscience is clear.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
        mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, perfectly put, I can't add to this at all as it mirrors exactly what I was thinking perfectly.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
          mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I should add that my response was for Witchofwaveland smile

5. spiderpam profile image73
      spiderpamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wrote on this very topic not to long ago, I hope it helps
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Is-your-God-rea … ake-him-up

Another close minded fundamentalist.

1. spiderpam profile image73

II Timothy 3:1-5,7 "But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.  For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God; holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

1. countrywomen profile image61
            countrywomenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Any religion can be a basis for ethics/morality but seriously ethics/morality can exist independently without being religious. Have a good weekend friends. smile

1. spiderpam profile image73

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you exhibit A

1. Sufidreamer profile image77
                Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I give you exhibit B - Aristotle wink

2. Make  Money profile image65
            Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly Bard, that web site clearly describes what the New Age movement is all about.  This paragraph from that site needs to be posted.

Pam 2 Timothy 3 could not describe the New Age movement any closer.  I think the whole chapter needs to be posted here so I'll add the rest below your part.

2 Timothy 3:6-17

"Jannes and Mambres" in verse 8 are the magicians of king Pharao.

No fear Christians, better news and days to come.

1. Jewels profile image83
              Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Mike do you realize this:
              "For the gate is small, and narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it." (Matt. 7:14)

is referring to the Third Eye?  Get lateral and get behind lol  Not many Christians have found it, nor do they know what to do with it when they do. lol

2. Vladimir Uhri profile image60
          Vladimir Uhriposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is nothing wrong with fundametnalism. Yes in religion but not in the Bible.

You said it... fundamentalists never find anything wrong with fundamentalism.... My Book/My God is a way of life... others "misguided" religions.... When will ya guys get the bigger picture?

6. Jewels profile image83

Similar to what Jenny wrote it was not an accurate implementation of Eastern religious philosophies into the West.  It happened around the late 1800's from India.  I understand it was initially Hinduism.  But it was a mish mash of teachings and not the true teachings of Hinduism.  Same applies to Buddhist teachings.  Yoga is a classic example of teachings bastardised to satisfy the western mentality.  Yoga is a strict set of teachings and yet you now have yoga exercises masquerading as yoga.

It's a bit sad that the teachings were watered down for westerners.  Madam Blavatsky became famous around the time for jumping on the Eastern teachings in the West.  Apparently she got allot wrong but to this day is still adored by the New Agers.  It's created today a lack of integrity in spiritual teachings that came from the East.

Having said that the West are much better off for having the influence of Eastern traditions which include Hinduism, Buddhism and Traditional Chinese Medicine which is a respected and ancient healing discipline.

You could say that around 1875, it was a period that was not unlike the 1960's here.  Western medicine was broadening it's scope of learning.  Hypnosis became well known - bear in mind hypnosis then is very different to what it is now.  But this whole era broadened many to alternate modes of medicine and healing.  And you have the teachings of Steiner and Heindel coming out of this period as well.

The western esoteric tradition does not just cover Christianity, far from it.

1. SparklingJewel profile image66
        SparklingJewelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe in a "progressive revelation" concept when it comes to religious thought and practice. Yes, some things can be subverted and perverted, but we are ending an age, and things are "coming to a head", so to speak. No one can take any specific teachings from the past and apply it exactly to today...there is too much going on "from every angle"  big_smile

7. profile image0

Just in to say...If you really want to know about New Age Religion, go to my site, and read my hub, I put up yesterday....A little investigation on my part, says it all...

Only a little?  You have to do more than a little.  See that's where the christians make a mistake - they only do a little investigating.

8. mohitmisra profile image59
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This age which has started is called the new age a time where many will gain enlightenment and usher in a period of peace and love..

9. Haunty profile image73
      Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

with this materialistic world-view, spewed up by the media, in place I am not surprised people are stared of spirituality

and that they turn to whatever is offered

10. profile image49
      The Paulposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's the inevitable result of a suspiciously silent god.  With no central authority or truth to rally around, things diffuse outward and sects begin competing for membership, trying to make themselves seem more attractive than their competitors.  The old, angry, in-your-face god of the Bible falls by the wayside as religious leaders find their "flocks" better identify with personal crystal energy, or whatever.

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL I was puzzled at first, too. As far as I understand it, it is buddhism adapted for Christians. smile

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's some truth to that, ain't it.

3. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

When I become a buddha, I will be able to answer this smile

4. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Forget "what's with this New Age thingy". Can someone tell me what is this New Age thingy??????

1. profile image0

lol. Its a religious philosophy that advocates the universality of the soul, the supremacy of self, and the inner light of soul and love. It sounds all nice and all, but its universal approach to world domination scares like mad.

1. lrohner profile image67
        lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Geez....sounds like teenagers to me.

It seems the New Age movement is anything, especially if it distorts the message of the Bible.

Just recently I heard on TV that the New Age movement is affiliated with the House of Rothchild, as is the Bilderbergers, the Trilateral Commission and the Council on Foreign Relations, all of whom are pushing the New World Order.

Obviously most New Agers do not realize this, the same way new masons do not realize what they have got themselves into.

It seems a lot still haven't realized that the push for globalization, the New World Order is the setting up of the system of the anti-christ.

@Make Money OMG.. Rothchild.... Mason....  Gosh.... even you sound like that fundamentalist Usman.. believing in some sort of giant "conspiracy"....  Even that dude Usman believes in similar stuff... Anti-Christ/Dajjal..... Gosh... when will you folks stop believing in such BS?

1. Vladimir Uhri profile image60

Jon,I am surprised how uninformed you are.

2. profile image0

When there is no more BS to believe. wink

Oh My Big Sis to the rescue... I love ya sis.

1. profile image0

You too!  Glad your here I was getting bored. big_smile

Tired of that atheism... did the final "boring" part get to you wink

2. Inspirepub profile image72
          Inspirepubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, Mike, I have a board game you must have been playing - it's called "Illuminati", and it's great fun. I don't think you are supposed to take it seriously, though.

But, just for the sake of discussion, let's suppose that the whole conspiracy theory is completely true.

Isn't that a GOOD thing?

Because Jesus won't return until the anti-christ has manifested, so people would be saying "bring it on!" to the anti-christ if  they really believed the prophecies.

If you try to interfere and slow down the rise of the anti-christ, you are in effect trying to delay the return of Christ. Aren't you?

Jenny

2. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll let you know as soon as I finish contemplating my navel.

5. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 14 years ago

New Age is no one thing - which is the problem, I think.

You have New Age folk resurrecting not-entirely-accurate ancient Druidical rituals, and you have other New Age folk gazing into crystal balls and reading Tarot cards (although some do both), and you have New Age folk doing healing work with massage, crystals, sound therapy, and other stuff (some of which may actually do some good, but whether that's just the placebo effect is yet to be demonstrated), you have New Age folk "seeing auras" and wearing particular colours to "shift their auras", and so on.

Basically, New Agers pick and choose superstitions from the entire smorgasbord of religions - Egyptian witchcraft, Hare Krishna symbology, gypsy fortune-telling, turn-of-the-century spiritualist seances, traditional Celtic nature-worship, native American mythology, a strange reconstructed hypothetical Goddess-worship, astrology, numerology, Chakra energy and Qi theory from India and China respectively, and so on.

Acupuncture used to be considered "New Age" until they gathered some scientific evidence that it actually does some good for some conditions. Now doctors use it and it's not "New Age" any more ... lol.

In common usage, New Agers are "fluffy bunny" religionists - picking the pretty colours and fun superstitious stuff out of any and all religions, and (stereotypically) avoiding the deep philosophical and personal growth aspects of any associated theology.

This is all justified by pointing at any religion which says "judge not" and "it is what it is" and "we are all one" in any form. Which is why the Buddhists get such a good run in the New Age philosophy department - it can be easy to misread Buddhism as a laissez-faire philosophy.

Jenny

1. rvsource profile image58
      rvsourceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jenny

I like your post. I like reading these forums and it tickles me to read what some believe.

For me "new age" really doesn't mean anything in particular. As you've said or others for that matter. it covers a wide range of different beliefs.

New age is a term that seems to describe "old age" beliefs long before modernization occurred. LOL

I think that to best describe "new age' it can be summed up in the word "enlightenment."

1. earnestshub profile image83
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I feel it is enlightening to look at all ideas that are reasonable, and agree that is not always the case smile I have a son at uni here in Australia, and I hang with his Uni mates as we are part of my son's sports club. What I hear is a lot more sophisticated discussions than New age at least amongst these people in that generation. (My son is 20)

6. Lady Guinevere profile image67
    Lady Guinevereposted 14 years ago

Well there is New Age right in that Bible they claim doesn't have it.  I found this gem amongst others that I have posted.

Proverbs 11
    27Whoso is earnestly seeking good Seeketh a pleasing thing, And whoso is seeking evil -- it meeteth him.

It is yet another form of "The Law of Attraction" that they refuse to believe is new age.  It was found in the OLD Testament too.  Imagine that!

1. My Inner Jew profile image62
      My Inner Jewposted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha maybe the New Age ppl took this from the Bible...like the other smorgasboard of things....but it is stating the truth...If i go looking for trouble wont trouble eventually find me???

1. Misha profile image62

It did already - looks like you got an HP addiction wink

My life is now a downward spiral...someone save me!

1. Misha profile image62

We don't have a savior on HP yet, so this looks impossible... sad wink

how about a hero?

1. Misha profile image62

Like a spiderman? I don't know, did not see one here yet smile

Then i'll just be happy with my drug

1. Misha profile image62

Welcome to the club wink

2. profile image0

dont give in to drugs yet. I've got fire-power!

2. Eaglekiwi profile image76
                  Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Batman and Superman are on the other thread,or were ,maybe they found the kryptonite smile

2. wesleycox profile image70
                wesleycoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me?

Good, I think Mike needs some saving, he's drowning in words up there. lol

@Jewels I bet Usmanali/Make money would have interesting conversations about freemasons... as long as they don't talk about religion...the truce ends there. lol

2. Candie V profile image62
              Candie Vposted 14 years agoin reply to this

GoldenToad has left the building! LOL!

7. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 14 years ago

Like Inspirepub said, new age stuff embodies many varied perspectives...but the point that someone made is that it is a "study" of the soul awakening...and I say the soul awakening to the realities of the multi-dimensional life that we all live, whether we know of it or not.
    There are some very important aspects to this "study", one being the recognition that we are each a soul of Spirit that has the potential for immortality or becoming a lost soul (needing to find one's way back to Oneness with God) and even being lost forever. The other is in the use of free will and understanding what that means. In my book these are the two most important points of life, in that they are the keys to understanding the purposes of life.
    But I view new age stuff as just repackaging of the oldest original world's religions and philosophies, which are just particular interpretations of how they heard "God's Word" of direction for re-attaining and maintaining that One ness with God-wholeness.
    I believe there is a true "story-line" for each soul to finding "their way 'home'".
    What concerns me is that a soul can get "lost" in the story and all of the imagining a soul can do when confronted with the many planes of existence that are there, but not a path that will get a soul "home"...just infinite diversions.

1. mirandalloyd profile image61
      mirandalloydposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually this seems a ripoff of at least one denomination of Hinduism, where it is believed that one is and always has been the Supreme Consciousness and/or God, and to realize this and come to terms with it is to reach Nirvana. Again, it's pick-and-choose, with no respect towards the religion they're pulling material from.

Also, I do not believe in the New World Order, nor the conspiracy against all Christians. These are commonly spun by radical Christians who believe that they can violate others' rights by discriminating against them and protesting violently against them (a la the Westboro Baptist Church), yet claim that their own rights are being violated when people tell them to back off and leave said people alone.

8. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Official addict tongue

And actually you've been accepted long ago, when I became your fan on the spot smile

Thats very true, but now i have verbally been accepted on hubpage forums which is completely different than hubpage hubs

1. Misha profile image62

I won't ever dare to decline such a pretty redhead smooth talker smile

Well, you know what they say about redheads...

9. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

They actually say a lot of things about readheads, which exactly did you mean? smile

haha...you will just have to find out smile

1. Misha profile image62

You are giving me a hard time girl! You'll have to pay a price eventually wink

10. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Never Jon smile

There are always folks who prefer to blame their own problems on Rothschild or Freemasons or even Hubpages. Don't have to do anything to fix them this way, ya know smile

I'm beginning to be impressed with your POV.

1. Misha profile image62

LOL Thank you Jon, i am trying hard tongue

11. JonTutor profile image60
    JonTutorposted 14 years ago

@Vladimir Could you elaborate "uninformed"?

Jon, I am sorry if I misunderstood something. I had an impression that you do not believe there is New Age religion. Sorry.

"New Age Religion"... good umbrella for the fundamentalists to assemble.

12. Make  Money profile image65
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

I see it the other way around Jenny.  As in new agers are supporting the anti-christ and pushing God's hand.  I don't mean you when I say God.  I am trying to warn you that you are supporting the anti-christ.  I've never seen that board game.

13. SparklingJewel profile image66

Hey Sufi,
    didn't Aristotle have a concept of a higher power, an ulitmate energy, or something like that ( God?)

14. Make  Money profile image65

So Jewels, do you have to be a master mason to be a Rosicrucian?  I'm definitely not interested by any means, that's just what I have read.

You often speak of the dark side.  Are you not concerned that you may conjure up some evil demons with this occultism?

Sir,

I am not sure if things we don't know or understand should be termed as "dark side". Although I admire your concern for her well being. But still do you think it is appropriate to address her being possessed by "evil demons"? Have a great weekend. smile

1. Inspirepub profile image72

Just as the Kingdom of Heaven is within, so, too, the evil demons are within.

Avoiding outside influences in an attempt to avoid what is already within oneself is a futile quest.

Walking in God's love is all the protection one needs to shine the light on any evil demons one may encounter, and exorcise them ... until the next time.

The greatest evil demon of all is called Fear, and all fear-mongers are doing Satan's work, even if they stand on a pulpit to do it.

God is Love, and perfect love casteth out Fear.

Jenny

1. profile image0

So I guess you're really deep into all this New Age stuff.

I'm not really deep into any belief system, fierycj - I sincerely doubt even my own existence.

I am just playing along until I get some incontrovertible proof of my own existence - and only then I will start to consider whether anything BUT me exists ...

Jenny

Get it straight CW.  Where in this thread did I say she is being possessed by evil demons.  I have told Jewels to get behind me in other threads when she referred to Lilith, a cabalistic myth.  Not in this thread until now.  It's both Jewels and Jenny themselves that speak about going into the dark side.  Scroll to both of their last posts in this thread on the previous page.  New Agers take a lot from Hinduism.  Is the New Age movement taking some things from Hinduism and corrupting it?  Or do Hindus' speak about going into the dark side as well?

Sir,
          I am sorry. I had no intention to upset you. I agree with you and GamerGirl that I may have misunderstood your words. Coming to your question: Hinduism does have many branches. I am not aware of what others are practicing and which branch of Hinduism they are getting inspired from. And what I don't know I can neither confirm nor deny. But I do know that my fore fathers were respectable priests in the temples of South India and were good people having nothing to do with the "dark side". Without sufficient evidence I personally wouldn't like to come to  conclusions about people hence I was airing my opinion. I am once again sorry if I was rude and hurt your sentiments. Have a good weekend. smile

PS: Thanks GamerGirl for understanding my point of view.

1. profile image0

The 'dark side' being used here is a light hearted joke. Example: The easiest way to identify the light is to view it from the dark side. Or dark sides light. smile

Some people don't seem to understand it so when we say it, I can only image both Jenny  and Jewels doing an eye roll because they already know what it looks like to some folks like Mike.

I think it was a pretty rude thing for Mike to say to Jewels get thee behind me Lilith, because I know what it means.  He was saying Jewels was possessed by demons and in his way he was saying that he has authority over her as gods true believer to rid Jewels of what Mike considers evil.

It's not really a mystery as to why Christians and all other religions or beliefs do not get along very well. big_smile

1. Misha profile image62

I don't think Julie took any offense on this Sandy. It may be rude from Christian perspective, yet I personally adore Lilith (and all her daughters), and I bet Julie at least does not have anything against her. So it might have been planed as an assault, but it failed - pretty much like I would fail calling you names in Russian tongue

1. profile image0

Oh I know, I wouldn't think that Jewels could take something like that as a personal offense. But people passing by like mabye CW might think it was a pretty offensive thing to say.  I adore Lilith too! big_smile

2. Jewels profile image83

You're spot on Misha.  I happen to understand the myth of Lillith in it's highest form and have great respect for the depth of feeling that is available by understanding it.  The connection of Lillith to the Black Madonna is beautiful.  It was portrayed nicely in the film The Secret Life of Bees.

1. Misha profile image62

Umm, I you saying I would enjoy watching this movie? smile

Well it's perhaps not what you think considering I've spoken a bit about sexual energy and this being one element that helps understand what she encompasses.  I saw it at a theater and was quite embarrassed cause I cried allot!  Have tissues handy.

The movie portrays several different angles of the emotions of a woman, some of which are very fiesty.  But above all things Lillith loathes oppression which is why she has bad press by the Christians.  (She also loathes sexual oppression because of what is there in it's purest forms.  Lost info in the Bible there - shame shame shame!)

If you want to understand a woman better watch the movie Misha.

From what I read it's the Christians who fear the devil and sexuality and the occult.  Yet allot of occult has to do with rituals which is done allot by the church.  When I talk about Lillith I don't have a problem with the myth, I also don't have a problem with sexuality.  It's you Mike who keep telling me to "get behind" I assume referring to Lillith as a sexual witch!  Not sure.  Lillith has both a positive and negative side, as do ALL human beings. 

As to your question is Hinduism corrupted by the new agers - I'd have to say yes.  It's not kept in it's purest form, same with Buddhism.  But I also think the Bible was translated differently a few times and it also is not the same as it used to be.  Things evolve, whether it's for good or bad - that's questionable.

I'm not a Rosicrucian Mike.  I prefer to be lateral, I learn what I need from many traditions and use what works for me.  There is allot of good stuff out there and allot of not so good stuff.  But perhaps it works for someone else.  Steiner schools are very well respected and I like some of Heindel's work.  Steiners model of subtle bodies is fantastic and is very useful

And no, I'm not concerned about the conjuring up of demons smile  I also don't want to fear what I don't understand.  We all have a 'dark side' and ignoring it won't make it go away.  I'm not into suppression but seeing.  I have a good awareness of myself and the mind and some occult abilities.  Not the MacBeth type though - sorry don't do cauldrons! lol

1. Make  Money profile image65

I guess it came from this quote from a post of yours in this other thread.

Is really good to read some of Steiners work, also Heindel.  This was a major time in history.  See even back in the late 1800s people were a bit jack of Christianity.  And you guys hold on like dear life, haven't learned a thing lol

Those in this thread should understand the context of the inclusion of what I wrote in the other thread.  Basically explaining that Christianity is a derivative of older teachings,  one being the myth of Horus which shows one eye - The Third eye, and Horus is a symbol of the Sun God.  Then perhaps the whole concept of Christ Consciousness = Solar Logos may make sense.  But not to Mike. lol

I don't encourage people to go to that thread - you may get a headache!

15. SparklingJewel profile image66

Hi MM,

I have had too many experiences to be afraid of the dark big_smile

I believe the strength of faith and knowledge are the greatest powers God gave humanity to conquer the dark.

It is not occult in a negative sense,when you  espouse the highest aspects of God's creation as having more power. I actually qualify everything I say in the name of the Christ.

ps...I haven't studied Roscrucians or Masonry beyond knowing that some of our Founding Fathers where of those groups...and that they had no more evil in them than one makes of anything they do or say or pray.  big_smile

Every secret society have a secrets. Many do not know what is it they are in.

16. Make  Money profile image65

SparklingJewel I was asking Jewel.  smile
    She was saying she is a Rosicrucian.

17. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

WOW Fiery you sure do come up with some amazing threads, how do you do it, and how are you...

1. profile image0

I dont know. Really. I'm fine. I'm actually no mobile now...in Church. Shhh. The pastor is really boring the crap out of us. People are dozing off like mad. I'm trying to keep busy, though.

18. profile image0

gave church a miss myself this morning..... last week I was thinking of you. I was writing a poem to put on here during our service......  that is awful isn't it..... wonder whe hub pages is so addictive, at least it is not too expensive, except of my time,,,,,, waking up in the night and tuning in even now how bad is that......  Has the service nearly finished, are you going to change your avatar...

1. profile image0

where you having sweet thoughts about me, Bren. (bats eyelids). The service has over an hour more to go. I always stay till the end. Dont know why. Just do. Wont be changing my avatar. At least no plans to. But if I do. I'm not bringing back by picture. Maybe a different kind of fire. This one is boring me somewhat.

19. profile image0

Why is the service so long....... not another fire avatar, yes it is boring all of us..... what is the service about anyway,don't say god I know that

1. profile image0

And your dog isn't? I liked the flower better. The sermon is KING OF GLORY. Cool theme huh? But half the time these preachers mess up cool themes like that. I hate to say it, but its true.

20. profile image0

oh you like the flower do you.... o.k. see what I can do, might find a picture of me one day if i can..... a bit lazy you know what I mean.... King Of Glory is that about Jesus then... do you have a fave bible character.  I like David cos he was always making mistakes but got forgiven and he wrote brilliant poetry....

1. profile image0

You lazy? Ha. No comment. David's cool. But Solomon is my man. The guy lived it up to the full, and was still the wisest man EVER! he's my role-model. Then I love Elijah, cos he's a fiery prophet. Calling down fire from heaven and all, anytime he wanted. If I was a prophet, I would be like Elijah. No kidding.

21. profile image0

They got their power from god didn't they..... maybe he would not give you the power, as fire in your hands would be dangerous, yeah would be good to have Solomons wisdom or Samsons strength......  Is that service over or what

1. profile image0

summarizing sermon...

22. profile image0

so you will be out to play soon...... do you ever wish you were a child again, and everything was just a game to play, well I do o.k.

1. profile image0

Sometimes I guess. But not too much. I mean, kids who play games dont win Oscars, you know.

23. profile image0

HA HA HA  and like you are going to win an oscar, that is just too funny kills me ha ha

1. profile image0

Dont worry, Mrs. Brenda Scully. I wont remember you when I do.

24. profile image0

If you do I will eat my words ha ha ha... now come on out to play

1. profile image0

Are you high?

25. profile image0

No just thinking that it is a shame you stuck in church, that is all ..... I am not there this morning and it is unusual, for me to be at home on a Sunday....... I am probably tired been awake all night, maybe I will get some sleep

1. profile image0

Your character now sucks. You better catch that sleep. You need it, and more.

26. profile image0

oh dear maybe I had then, apologies....... oops that is telling me isn't it

1. profile image0

Is there something you wanna confront me about. Just say it. And quit being such an ass.

27. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

This makes me begin to wonder about you, Brenda. Who's the real Brenda. Cos sometimes you're so extremely sweet is unbelievable. Other times you're such a jerk. So who's the real Brenda?

28. gamergirl profile image87
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

Make Money,

None of the "new agers" I know- those being individuals who are labelled such because they are followers of Earth-worshipping/revering religions, myself included - are into bits and pieces of Hinduism, and the whole "evil demons" thing is kind of repetitive - both of the ladies have answered you on the point.

Take it easy on CW, too - she may've misunderstood your meaning.

Hope to see you move on to a different talking point soon, and hopefully one that doesn't involve being mean. smile

Yeah well gamegirl we keep hearing all this lovey dovey stuff from the mother earth self worshipers.  Lovey dovey stuff for anything but Christian.  It's very clear now why the vile attacks on Christianity in these forums.  It's because a cabal of New Agers are trying to control these forums.  Let's not beat around the bush gamegirl, we know now from the web site that Bard posted and from 2 Timothy 3 who the Christian enemies truly are.  They are amongst us.  There is a possibility that some of you New Agers may have fallen into this by mistake.  But it's all on the table now if you decide to change your ways.  This thread will not be moving on to different talking points gamegirl because that is what this thread is all about, uncovering the vile nature of the New Age movement.

1. gamergirl profile image87
        gamergirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the attacks stemming from atheists are a direct result of attacks and affronts on their choice of not believing without reasonable proof and concrete evidence.

Speaking only for myself and those I choose to linger around in spiritual settings, I choose to reject your conspiracy story, because I know that there are plenty of good, worthwhile people in this world who are pagan minded and worship Earth-based religions and do not reject or abhor Christianity.  They believe differently than Christians do without resorting to argumentative opposition.

Have you ever stopped and re-read the things you have said to people here and wondered how you are being viewed? I have, and that is why I barely participate in the 'Christians vs. All other Faiths' threads anymore.  These types of arguments flood the religious forum, and are NOT what this forum was created for.  I should know, I asked for it.  I tried to set up ground rules.  Looking at where it's gotten us as a Hubpages community, I am both glad and not glad that this section is here.  I only wish that it was not used for breeding negativity, conspiracy, and destructive conversation.

29. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

As I understand it the "New Age thing" is part of the Illuminati plan for the New World Order. It is being deliberately ushered in but none of it is new.

See this link for some more info: http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/NewAge … _Order.htm

You guys prove what 2 Timothy 3 says and what Bard of Ely says in his post.   

Here's a couple of quotes from another page from the link that Bard of Ely posted.

And from the title of "The Occult Meaning of the All-Seeing Eye"

Imagine, some people think they have just joined a fraternity to better their career.

Do you guys realize what you belong to?

MM, you really think the leader of the Satanic stuff is going to tell you the truth about anything?! or that anyone else "knows" all the ultimate truth about everything?

Stick with the Christ of your own being and with Jesus as the wayshower and not others' interpretations of what Jesus the Christ means, and least you will protect your soul for another lifetime big_smile, so that you will be able to know the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God, in your next life big_smile

30. my-success-guru profile image57
    my-success-guruposted 14 years ago

It's kind of a funny thing- even though it's called new age it seems like it's been around for ages!!! LOL

1. my-success-guru profile image57
      my-success-guruposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What do you think?

It's roots stem right back to Nimrod the first human after the flood to be called a god.  Nimrod was responsible for having the Tower of Babel built.  Nimrod (or Nemrod) was Noah's (or Noe) great grand son (Genesis 10).  Noah from the flood.

1. profile image0

It predates anything christian. big_smile

It doesn't predate the God of Christianity.

1. profile image0

Your so blind. big_smile

31. mirandalloyd profile image61
    mirandalloydposted 14 years ago

Can we please have a conversation in these forums without pulling up ridiculous Milkman Conspiracies? Earth-based religions have nothing to do with the devil, Satan, the New World Order, or any number of "anti-Christian" propaganda.

Christians are in the <i>majority</i> in this country. You're on the top! Most of the Senate is Christian. Most of the House is Christian. Every single one of our United States presidents have been Christian!

...where is the "great anti-Christian movement" you claim exists?

Do you ever think that it's maybe because your faith or particular denomination is so smothering, exclusive, and high-and-mighty, we're-right-and-everyone-else-is-wrong that people have turned toward more positive faiths such as Buddhism? Last time I checked, nobody has ever been killed in the name of Buddha, the Wiccan goddess, or any number of "new age" deities.

So please, <i>please</i> let people who believe differently have their faith, just like you have yours, and stop spouting lies and baseless conspiracies about lizard men and world domination. The last I checked, a very specific denomination of <i>Christianity</i> is the only one pushing for a New World Order, whatever the cost. I don't think anyone wants to see the days of "convert or we'll shove snakes down your throat" again.

32. Make  Money profile image65

Jewels you saying "Christianity is a derivative of older teachings,  one being the myth of Horus" comes from the zeitgeist movie, which has been completely debunked by scholars, including the Horus crap.  Just do a Google search for 'zeitgeist debunked'.

Geez mike, the myth of Horus has been around way longer than the zeitgeist movie.  Come on read books.

Actually, Mike, when I included information on Horus in my Hub, The Risen God, all the information I used came from the Encyclopaedia Brittannica - all of which is peer reviewed for academic accuracy.

I have never seen Zeitgeist, and it doesn't sound like I would want to. I just read the academic literature on comparative religion.

And I have no emotional investment in any particular brand of "absolute Truth", which helps with the clear-eyed rationality part.

Jenny

Christianity is not a derivative of older teachings, Horus or any of them.

It can easily be proven that this was not stolen from ancient Egyptian mythology, as has been claimed by the film zeitgeist and other sources.

According to the transcript of the film zeitgeist, the story of Horus is as follows: ‘Horus was born on December 25th of the virgin Isis-Meri. His birth was accompanied by a star in the east, which in turn, three kings followed to locate and adorn the new-born saviour. At the age of 12, he was a prodigal child teacher, and at the age of 30 he was baptized by a figure known as Anup and thus began his ministry. Horus had 12 disciples he traveled about with, performing miracles such as healing the sick and walking on water. After being betrayed by Typhon, Horus was crucified, buried for 3 days, and thus, resurrected.’

If true, this would certainly be unsettling to Christians. However, examining each point in detail is quite revealing. According to the Egyptian legend Horus’ father was Osiris and his mother was Isis (but there is nothing to connect this name with Mary / Meri). Osiris was killed by his brother Set who wanted his throne. Isis briefly brought Osiris back to life by use of a spell that she learned from her father. This spell gave her time to become pregnant by Osiris before he again died and she later gave birth to Horus. Horus then killed Set. The combination of Osiris and Horus became linked in Egyptian mythology with the idea of death and rebirth. As in all pagan religions there was a connection with the seasons (winter = death, spring = rebirth) and with the sun setting and rising. In the Egyptian myth it became associated with the flooding and retreating of the Nile and thus with the new harvest each year in the Nile valley.

According to this myth Isis was not a virgin, there is no link to the name Mary, however there is a death and rebirth story in line with the nature gods of paganism and fertility rituals. While this may be of interest in understanding the ancient religions of the world it has absolutely no bearing on the events recorded in the Bible. Horus was supposedly born during the month of Khoiak (Oct/Nov), and not on December 25th, a fact which doesn't make any difference to the claim that both Horus and Jesus were born at the same time since the Bible never says that Jesus was born on December 25th!

We don't know the exact date that Jesus Christ was born. The dating of the birth of Jesus on December 25th came in as a result of the Roman Catholic church trying to entice Roman pagans to convert to Christianity without forsaking their midwinter festival. The earliest reference to the Christian celebration of Christmas is found in the Calendar of Filocalus, a manuscript compiled in Rome in AD 354.

The film states that a star in the East announced his birth and that three kings came to bring gifts to the “saviour.” However, when stories detailing the birth of Horus are examined, there is no star or three kings who come to visit him. Trying to link this to Christianity fails in any event as the account of Christ’s birth in Matthew has magi (wise men, not kings) coming to Jesus with their actual number not being stated.

The movie states that Horus was “baptised” by Anup and started a “ministry.” The only accounts remotely related to Horus and water are the stories told of Osiris (his father who is sometimes combined in ancient accounts with Horus to form one individual) whose body was cut up into 14 pieces by his enemy, Set, and scattered throughout the earth. Isis supposedly found each part of the body and after having Osiris float in the Nile, he came back to life or became the lord of the underworld, depending on which account is read. In any event, stating that Horus was “baptised” is simply playing fast and loose with Christian terminology.

In addition, Horus had no “ministry.” There is nothing in the myths about Horus becoming a teacher at age 12, nor in fact did Jesus. Luke 2.45-52 simply states that the teachers in Jerusalem were astonished at the answers given by the boy Jesus at the age of 12. Neither are there any statements to the effect that Horus had 12 “disciples.” According to the accounts, he had four semi-gods that were followers and some indications of 16 human followers and an unknown number of blacksmiths that went into battle with him. No accounts of Horus being betrayed are found in his portrayals and he certainly did not die by crucifixion in any account. There is an incident described in one story of Horus being torn to pieces, with Iris requesting that the crocodile god fish him out of the water he was placed into, but the movie does not mention this as it does not fit in with their agenda. The movie puts the account of Horus as originating in 3,000 B.C., which predates the practice of crucifixion, so there is another historical problem that must be overcome.

The claims of Horus being buried for three days and resurrected are not to be found in any ancient Egyptian texts either. Some accounts have Osiris being brought back to life by Isis and going to be the lord of the underworld. But there is no mention of a burial for three days and no mention of his physically coming out of a grave in the same physical body he went in with and never dying again. And there is certainly no account of Horus dying for others as Jesus did.

In the end, the attempt to prove Horus was a picture/forerunner of Jesus simply fails from lack of any historical evidence. The movie continues in this same vein citing other mythological pagan deities that pre-dated Jesus (Attis, Krishna, etc.). It says that Hindu’s Krishna was also crucified and resurrected. However, Hindu teachings state that Krishna was killed by an arrow shot from a hunter who accidentally hit him in his heel and after he died, he ascended to be with Brahman. None of the pagan deities, when accurately examined, mirror the Son of God recorded in the New Testament gospels.

The transcript of the film gives two major sources for its information - the work of Raymond Massey, a 19th century English writer, and Archarya S, the pen name of D Murdock, author of ‘The Christ Conspiracy’. Massey was a spiritualist and an initiate into the order of Druids, who also studied Egyptology. Massey’s work is widely discredited by serious Egyptologists.

Archarya S believes in UFOs and alien encounters and makes a huge number of untrue claims in her work. For example she writes, “In reality, it is no accident that there are 12 patriarchs, 12 tribes of Israel and 12 disciples, 12 being the number of the astrological signs.” In fact the division into the 12 zodiacal signs was the product of Babylonian astronomy in the fifth century BC, long after the events recorded in Genesis took place. She also claims the Israelites were moon worshippers based on Psalm 8, 104, Isaiah 47 and 66. Three of these passages speak about worshipping the Lord who is the creator of all things and Isaiah 47 speaks of judgment about to fall on the Babylonian, not Hebrew, astrologers.

The Egyptian myth of Horus is more closely related to Nimrod and his wife Semiramis.  Here's a couple of quotes from this web site about Nimrod.  This first quote is very similar to the story of Horus above.

See, what you New Agers are trying to claim is all psycho babel.  Meaning from Nimrod and the Tower of Babel. smile

"Ever learning, and never attaining to the knowledge of the truth." 2 Timothy 3:7

Mikey, if you only ever read from one reference you're going to get tunnel vision lol

It's also logical to see that Christians are subject to similar psycho babel (babble) and I'm not sure Timothy wasn't referring to you similarly.  The truth will never come from written words Mike, it will only ever come from within yourself and whilst your bible tells you you will be saved only by believing, then may a divine source help you when they/he/she/it find out you've not done an inch of self awareness and you've not discovered the Eye has it.

@Jewels  Thanks for those links..Gotta learn new stuff everyday.... Make Money/Usmanali can't be changed.... these fundamentalists have "tunnel vision" and nothings gonna make them see any other POV.

Hey Jon, glad you liked em.  Those guys won't change, but it's fun playing with them sometimes.

At least their ignorance is on display, that has to be a good thing.

Not only ignorance but intolerance too.... I dunno whether I should get upset with such folks or pity there ignorance... I can understand somebody from a insulated environment like Usmanali having those fundamentalist rigid beliefs... but Make Money is from a progressive country like Canada.... doesn't make sense to me.

It would have started at an early age, the indoctrination I mean, how far from reality can one reach with religion?

2. glendoncaba profile image73
                    glendoncabaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Insulated.  Progressive. 

In some places you could be sued for discrimination.

33. gamergirl profile image87

You know, the one thing I dislike about you, Make Money, is that you completely ignore reality in favor of biased media to base your opinion of fact on.

Zeitgeist was a sensationalist piece of junk.

The Bible is also biased media, and Christianity is one of the younger religions found on the planet.

Believe how you wish, but at least broaden your scope of knowledge prior to attempting to call people out as if they don't know anything.

@GamerGirl Very tough to reason with fundamentalists like Make Money/Usmanali... they are far too fixed in there narrow views to see any other POV.

Not sure yet about all the sensationlist junk of that movie gamergirl.  The 9/11 enquiries are still going on and they are damning against the US government.  Anyway, that's a different topic. I'm happy to sit on the fence there and see what transpires, I'm not going to throw it out just yet.  Just my thoughts and wanting to stay open to the truth as it comes out.

34. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

I think its Communism adapted for Democracy smile

1. Misha profile image62

Thanks for the giggles lol

It seems like it Eaglekiwi.

SparklingJewel I don't follow this New Age crap at all.  I am posting this to show what New Agers are a part of.  I am sure that there are a lot that don't know.  You claim to be a New Ager yourself, don't you?

By the way for anyone that is interested, the author of this web site that Bard of Ely originally posted and that I am quoting from is also from a progressive country, the US of A.

Mike, it's no different to you and your bible.  It's all a matter of interpretation.  As many see your scriptures as crap, so you see 'new age' words as crap.

No need to argue about it - just accept your bible as crap and new age stuff as crap and all is okay in the world! lol

2. SparklingJewel profile image66

No, I don't associate myself with what i call the New Age people...those that are into psychics and channeling...and involved with what i perceive are astral plane energies (misuses of the God's Pure Light Energy {you would call it evil...I could too}, but choose to define it differently).

I define New Agers as people that communicate (psychically and in channeling) with imposters of God's hierarchy of angels, ascended masters, saints and sages,etc..

My focus has been on mystical traditions of the oldest religions and philosophies of the world. I did go through a phase of finding out what new age stuff was all about, that is why I can make my own definite differentiations about new age stuff.

35. earnestshub profile image83
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I think a lot of it is just lousy logic.

36. gamergirl profile image87

Oye freakin' vey.

37. SparklingJewel profile image66

Sir Dent, even you had to learn to know God, right? So where is your compassion and loving service intending to bring souls to know Gods love?

if you spent less time defending God and yourself and your beliefs, and cared more about others finding God than about yourself and your beliefs, you could be a bigger help in others learning to know God.

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Defending God? I thought a discussion was going on here. it has nothing to do with defending God. It has nothing to do with defending myself. A quick question. If I was to give someone a line to pull them out of danger, would you cut the line and let them stay there?

The more important question was "...even you had to learn to know God, right? so where is your compassion and loving service intending to bring souls to God..."

even you SirDent had to learn to know God

1. profile image0

I had to meet God before I could know Him. Do you not want to answer the question I asked you?

I know there are many who would cut the line, though do it unknowingly. if I speak the Word of god to anyone and someone comes and cuts it down, they are essentially cutting a lifeline that was thrown out to someone.

a life line you throw out to another is for the benefit of the other person, not yours. when you can't speak to them with at least some degree of understanding and acknowledgment of who they are and where they are, then how is it a life line for them? Its just you defending your version of God, and not genuinely trying to help them at all. compassion is for the benefit of the other person, not for your own comfortability. with that attitude, you are the one cutting the line.

SparklingJewel you answered SirDent's question with another question.  You did not answer this question below.  Can anyone answer this question?

How does someone become God?

I will attempt to explain the lifeline that SirDent speaks about.  But first I want to say that this thread was meant to show what to avoid, particularly on page 6.  In that category of what to avoid I would also include Christians that try to tell you to avoid organized Christian religions and I'll explain why.

Jesus mentions that lifeline in John 6:54-55 which says this,

"Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day."

What Jesus is talking about here is the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist which is truly His flesh and blood.

We can not properly receive the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist without previously receiving the Sacrament of Baptism (Matthew 28:19) and the Sacrament of Reconciliation (John 20:23).

And we can not properly receive all three of these Sacraments without receiving them from a priest or minister that has been properly ordained through apostolic tradition into the priesthood of Melchisedech in an organized Christian religion (Genesis 14:18, Psalms 109:4, Hebrews 2, Hebrews 3, Hebrews 4, Hebrews 5, Hebrews 6 and Hebrews 7).

Jesus did not say to learn about eastern philosophies.  Jesus said to take His Word to all nations "and then shall the consummation come" (Matthew 24:14, Apocalypse 12:5, Romans 1:5, Matthew 28:19, Mark 13:10, Luke 24:47 and Apocalypse 15:4).  How many nations has the Word of God not been taken to?  Not many, if any.

Jesus speaks about entering by way of the narrow gate in Matthew 7:13, Matthew 7:14 and Luke 13:24.

That narrow gate is the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist received from a priest or minister of the order of Melchisedech.

That is the lifeline that SirDent speaks of.  That is where he meets God.  There is no other way to say it in a nicer way.

I see it as not becoming God, but as uncovering the unity of God within oneself. We have years and lifetimes of karma, a sense of separation from that unity with God. Life is all about balancing/healing that karma...remembering our love and our oneness with the Creation/God. We are to remember how to be co-creators with God, using our love to do God's work in living with each other and creating a good life to benefit all of humanity.

Just a question Sir Dent, with respect, what makes you think it was God that spoke to you?  Why was it not your own consciousness that decided this is what I want to do?  Why do you disregard your own ability to make decisions that you see are in your own best interests?

There are many layers and/or flavors of feeling. You could even use a barometer sometimes as to the intensity of feeling that comes with self-revelations.  Positive and life changing decisions we make in our lives often bring intense feelings. Why do you call them God?

38. countrywomen profile image61
    countrywomenposted 14 years ago

Jewels, Yes it has been awhile. smile http://www.coolfreeimages.net/images/namaste/namaste_01.jpg

Shucks!  I love that gift CW. Thankyou. Blushing but receiving with pleasure.  Must be a "God" moment.  NO, it's a ONE moment.smile

If you really liked it then here is another one for you. smile
        http://www.coolfreeimages.net/images/namaste/namaste_09.jpg

1. profile image0

smile  My heart filled with butterflies.  You girls are so awesome... that means you to Sparkling Jewels. big_smile

Feelin' the love. Beats waiting to be saved!

1. profile image0

You don't have to wait.

MM the lifeline I mentioned is purely Jesus. He is the way and the only way. His Word is set and the path paved by Him. (A short explanantion of what you said.)

It seems not one person is able to answer the question I posed earlier.

I'm not waiting Sir Dent, not at all. I'm just doing it differently to you.

Re your question - I did answer you. According to your belief obviously it was the 'wrong' answer. smile

I personally don't believe Jesus is the lord and savior of the world.  I can swallow that this myth is that of an ordinary man who sought and attained enlightenment through disciplined actions.  This is inline with other esoteric teachings.  The christian doctrines are a guide to show you how to do it yourself, not for this poor guy to do it for you.

39. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

In order to answer your question about "Why" one must first understand "What"

According to wikipedia The New Age also known as the New Age Movement, New Age spirituality, and Cosmic Humanism is a decentralized Western social and spiritual movement that seeks "Universal Truth" and the attainment of the highest individual human potential.

It combines aspects of cosmology, astrology, esotericism, alternative medicine, music, collectivism, sustainability, and nature.

So looking at it in all its parts it is understandable why people are choosing it as their religion because it allows them to individually seek meaning to the purpose of life and how they will manifest it through self healing and natural resources.

40. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

New Age is everywhere. Everything on TV anymore is New Age. (In the USA at least) New Age is antichrist and is probably the antichrist of the book of Revelation in the Bible.

Once a person gets away from sound doctrine, lies and deceit are easily accepted by them.

Very true Sir Dent, and in line with eastern philosophies, the anti-christ could easily be the christian doctrines that lead it's believers to think that god is an external deity. Lies and deceit are everywhere and that is why Truth is such a difficult construct until one reaches the Absolute - ie a return to your divine self. It's superfluous to utter God is Truth, when it's common knowledge and experienced by everyone, including Christians, that man is a fallen emanation of 'God.'  Truth therefore is relative to everyone's current standpoint at any given moment.  Absolutely (and I use that word literally in this context) everyone is surrounded by fallen principles of life, including dogma, doctrines, lies and deceit, including christian doctrines. Be very aware!

1. profile image0

You always put it much nicer than me. big_smile

I'm blushing again!

41. Watch Tower profile image60
    Watch Towerposted 14 years ago

The New Age, as many have already stated is really philosophies and beliefs re found, dug up, re packaged and sold. People would most likely call me a esoteric new ager, Yet I didn't realize I was born as one, only to then find later in life  it had been given a title / name / box for it. In other words I always found myself thinking a certain philosophy long before the "New Age" was the hot thing to get from your local store.

The question really is then, as I see it. Why is there this  so called  New Age ?

In Order to know your present and why it is you have to know your history and in the westren world much of our present day is based  in histroy of the the Roman empire. so as a simplistic answer is,the New age has come about because of the age of information. The age of Information as it is knowen is an age of the presant, where information is no longer so strictly controlled. People cry out against the control  of the Un-Democratic strangle hold of information in China, what people do not realize is  Christan religion has had this same strangle hold for almost 2000 years.

A very genrailised history of cercumstances / events to presant day
    People have come to learn certain truths. The main one being for the last 2000 years ( there abouts)in the Western world, which has its main foundation on and in the empire of Rome. All Christan Church's and dominations have preached as fact the only way to the Divine, to God is via them and their belif and Doctrine. One good example would be, ask a christan why they worship God on a Sunday, chances are they do not know. Nor do they know that Caesar Flavius Valerius Aurelius Constantinus Augustus also knowen as Pope Constaine the first and or Saint Constantine. Declared Sunday the day of worship as his power of authority as he was God's main representive on earth. Changing it from the Sabbath being Saterday to Sunday or in Latin Sol Invictis meaning the the invincible Sun, which was the day of a solar religion and worship which COnstaine was  a follower and was up to the last day of his life, only being baptised onhis death bed. I hear you say, but I am not of the Catholic church nor ever have been, While that may be, the fact still remains that the majority of Christan's follow the same basic principle and doctrine set down by the early Catholic church, worshiping on a Sunday is just one of them.

As more truths about the doctrine and beliefs that were put forth  as fact along with the lore of Christan's comes falling and crashing down about them, more and more people are searching to find their own personal relationship with the great creator the Divine, only now are we learning that God the Divine is not only in us via our souls but is apart of us and flows through us and all things, but most importantly, we as individuals do not have  nor are restricted to a relationship with the Devinne Solely and only via the Christan faith and beliefs.
    In doing so  they have looked back and re visit the old 'pagan' beliefs  which greatly centered around the natural world. The Coin phrase of the New Age, is in fact true  in that the New age is the age that has come out from under the yoke of Western Christan belief and Lore. just as we had the dark age's and then the age of the Renaissance so the wheel has turned further  and brought by past events the age of enlightenment and inforamtion. Hub Pages is just one of  the latest part's of this New Age. This New age where we seek the devine, No longer Holding God and Saten responsible for all good and eivil in our life, that we as indervidual are responible for our own actions, that we as inderviduals seek to better ourselfs and the world around us and seek a true realtionship with the Devine Creator. Without the flimisy doctrine of the Christan religion, of for that matter with or through any other religion
    The the New age is really seeking the face of God on and in our personal way. Its not always right, but then nor is religion. The New Age is seeking God on apersonal level and allowing and respecting that others may seek the face of God in their own way, if we happen to dissagree with it, then that is our right. How we seek the face of God to know God, is not so important as Not seeking to Know God at all.

Watch Tower I replied to one of your posts in another thread with this below.  It needs to be posted here as well.

42. earnestshub profile image83
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

And me!

Hey ernestshub, thanks mate.smile I think I'm learning from these forums.

43. JonTutor profile image60
    JonTutorposted 14 years ago

@Jewels,

Gotta reply to ya... been a lil busy... my aunt and cousins came over.... these folks consider anything unknown as the devil/satan itself.... this antichrist BS.....hah

Unfortunately you have personally been on the receiving end of christian tongue lashings.  Damaging to the soul Jon.  Undoing their influences can be like picking chewing gum from the bottom of your shoe!

1. profile image0

I think jon has a new name.  SoulJon.  But I will still call him lil'brother. big_smile

Cool name Sis. smile

Now we'll make Jon blush.  He's a real fine mind. I've noticed a few Gen y's who can discern and hold themselves away from the influence of dogma.  They just know where to align themselves.  At least those that think for themselves anyway!

Ya folks make me smile smile ... I'm glad I joined this place... so many cool folks.... albeit a few fundamentalists like Usmanali to entertain us.  lol

Is character building at the very least:lol:

Yes it is.... Thanks Jewels smile ... Thanks Sandra smile

2. JonTutor profile image60

I'm trying Jewels... but I still believe in some sort of higher power.... although my mom thinks I'm gonna be an atheist like my step dad..... I dunno... I'm still seeking answers.

If you're a 'thinker' the questions don't stop and even if you think you know the answer, more questions come. Even if you think with your heart and feel something divine, there is always another level of opening

You're right... each little answer raises even more questions.... I dunno about Karma.. Is everything predestined.... no individual free will?

Karma is quite complicated and I don't follow the simplistic nature of how karma is viewed in new age circles.  Rhyme and Reason come into play and even then not everything is as it may first be reasoned.  Where a person may appear virtuous, if the undercurrent to their giving is one of martyrdom then this is likely to be seen as a negative.  Also if a virtuous person gives and that giving serves to disempower the receiver, this also could be seen as negative.  Cause and effect is not that simple and takes discernment. If you follow a path of transformation of the soul which includes past lives, then the actions of ones past life comes into play. This makes karma more mysterious when you have no conscious recollection of your actions to create the karma in the first place.  This subject is a mindfield the more inward you go with it.

Thanks Jewels.... Is my theory right?.... Good intentions and good actions gonna lead to good karma?.... How much of good intentions/actions is  predestined or free will or both together?... Is karma intricately part of reincarnation?

Sorry for the delay Jon. Yes that appears to be the simplistic view and in my experience it is 'carried forward' from past lives. Can't wipe the slate clean at death and start again next life - damn it!!  But like I said, good intentions can be seen as meddling and create negative karma.  If you have a good ability for discernment then following your truth could be preferable to doing the 'right' thing.  Not so simple in this case.

44. CEN7777 profile image60
    CEN7777posted 14 years ago

Yes new age is quite selective and well aware of the facts. actualy new age peoples has so many references and most of the informations are easily available for their references due to active media and internet access. That's why they can think and plan thier sucessful future.

45. Make  Money profile image65

That's good that you don't recognize yourself as God like some of the others SparklingJewel.

Not sure anyone has said they are God, least not that I'm aware of. There is one guy who says he's enlightened - is that what you're referring to?  Have you heard the term emanation Mike?

But MM, I do recognize myself as becoming more one with God...I think it is just the individual perception and wording that people get stuck on.

for instance...there are days when I feel like God (or how would imagine that feels like !) you know, when the sky and everything in the environment has that certain "shine" and every action and situation flows smoothly and you just feel ok and wonderful about everything...when that happens I feel like God. That I am an important and significant part of God. Its a unity feeling or joy and wonder and correct use of power.

instead of...when someone is having the same kind of day, but in their mind they choose to think of themselves as a god, in the sense that they have power and can use it to manipulate or control things and people.

its all in the eyes of the beholder...or rather the attitude of the beholder hmm

@Sparkling Jewel Great thoughts.... you, "Jewels" shine bright with inner realizations. smile

2. Earthscribe profile image78
        Earthscribeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now you're talking Jewels!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)