60 Reasons Why You Should Love NBA
Throughout the years, NBA continues to provide the world with awesome sports spectacle.
One of the only three nations that treats basketball as a national sport and past time (the other two, the Serbia and Lithuania), the basketball-crazy Philippines was once a powerhouse in Asian basketball in the 1950’s, 1960’s and early 1970’s. Philippines had the highest placing for an Asian country in both FIBA World Championship for men (a bronze medal finish in the 1954 edition) and in Summer Olympics (fifth-place finish in the 1936). The Filipinos immense love and passion for the game is still present until now, a testament of this is the enormous love and attention Filipinos gives to the National Basketball Association (NBA).
Here are some reasons why you should love this game:
- NBA is truly a nonstop, action-filled game.
- The dunks are explosive yet creative, a showcase of might and craftmanship combined.
- Lay-ups are done with grace and flair.
- Three-pointers can instantly change momentum of the game.
- Nail-biting buzzer beaters will decides the outcome of the game, clutch time eh.
- Refs sometimes act like “Single Ladies,” they are capable of dishing out make-up calls.
- Where in the universe you could find constellation of brightest superstars in one league. Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Tracy McGrady, Kevin Garnett, and et al doing their part in giving us larger than life entertainment.
- The NBA is a mini-United Nations; players from various countries around the globe are well represented here. Turkey’s Hedo Turkuglo, France's Tony Parker, Argentina’s Manu Ginobili, Spain’s Pau Gasol, and China’s Yao Ming to name a few international players are all gathered to play here.
- Players wear sneakers that could make a teenager crazy nyahahaha. Poor parents they are bound to purchase the same shoes for their mind-controlled children.
- Trading cards of NBA stars are a good investment, e.g. Kobe Bryant common rookie card cost $5 when they we're initially released, now one will fetch as high as $60, this translates to a whopping 1,200% percent increase over the years, tough luck I have a binder full of Kobe Bryant's rookie cards and premiums and they were all washed up by a typhoon, hayz.
- Jerseys, shorts, and other NBA merchandise and memorabilia, are trendy and indeed cool to wear.
- The players are fighting tooth and nail for one single ball (the basketball), why not give each of them a ball each, hehehehe.
- In slam-dunk contest (in an All Star contest) features a lot of novelties, gimmicks, and even costumes.
- The coach gets hysterical when Refs becomes out of sync or perhaps angry with his players.
- Fans are unforgiving and some often look like clowns, when cheering for their favorites (team or even a player).
- Some players are often seen making various rituals before taking a free throw attempt, e.g. Jason Kidd making a flying kiss intended to his wife hehehe, before shooting his free throws.
- All Star three-point shootout is a competition for deadly snipers - sharpshooters shooting treys beyond the arc.
- Potential stars square off in the All-Star rookies versus Sophomores during the All-Star break.
- NBA brightest stars are grouped into two teams namely East and West, then they struts theire wares in the main All-Star match.
- Intercepting a ball just made someone accredited with a steal but doesn’t end up in jail hehehe, I hope your belongings are still intact after watching the game though.
- Bloopers are shown weekly, hehehe, funny moments that will surely make your day.
- Top ten plays are always a sight to behold, Kobe Bryant slicing his way to nail an acrobatic shot or a thunderous dunk, Lebron James escaping tough defenders en route to a masterful lay up or an electrifying dunk.
- Teamwork is well-coordinated, a testament that “No Man is an Island.” Creative blind pass and as fast a bullet ally-oops always deserve nice replays.
- Splendid plays spontaneously surfaces, crisp pick and roll, triangle offense and other offensive strategies will surely merit the resourceful open man a well deserved points off the basket.
- Sights and sounds are endless. Mascots doing their comical ways of generously entertaining the audience with funny antics as well as their patented aerial dunks and stunts.
- Halftime shows are indeed relaxing and entertaining.
- Players will readily sign autographs to the delight of avid fans.
- Playoffs action is intense as emotions and tempers of the players and coaches are flying all over the place.
- NBA championship game is indeed a treat and will go down as part of the History.
- Your favorite team making it in the playoffs will indeed make you happy.
- Your favorite team winning the much coveted championship crown, will indeed uplift your spirits for a long time.
- Your favorite player clinching awards of reaching a milestone makes your very happy as well as if you were the one that was given the elusive recognition hehehe.
- Every time your favorite team win in playoffs excitement will surely run through your veins otherwise keep an eye on your blood pressure because its like eating the bullet when your pick loses hehehe.
- The extra-curricular activities of favorite players are big deals, paparazzi are all over the place.
- Trading of players will bolster or weaken a team basketball roster.
- Players doing weird things will surely be caught by the sharp eyes of the cameramen.
- If your favorite team became the champion you can tease your friends with their losing team, careful though when doing this you might figure out in a fist fight LOL.
- You can learn spectacular moves by mere watching ad observing some players in action.
- Like everybody else, NBA players are not perfect they are prone to make turnovers and errors as well.
- You could see ball-blocked in mid air.
- Giants patrol the center, hehehe, hmmm how about the trolls, hehehe Mugsy Bogues and Spudd Webb are long gone hehehe.
- Rebounds can be hauled down with sheer might and strength.
- Coaches outcoach each other.
- Picks will make a player immobile.
- Some players loves to travel especially those error-prone.
- A team can initiate a rally hehehehe when trailing.
- NBA games are shown live.
- A defensive player can be as tough as a nail.
- A superstar literally glitters with jewelries.
- Fashionable clothesline worn by the players look really great and trendy.
- You could see how your favorite player rips through tough defender(s) for a mesmerizing dunk or an acrobatic lay up.
- Players can graduate (foul out) one game at a time.
- Players can be actors as well, hehehehe, when there is an offensive foul.
- Home and away games gives audience opportunity to see their favorite players.
- Rafters are filled with jerseys of legendary players.
- Records are broken, most points, assists, rebounds, blocks, etc.
- Rookies are given chance to shine. Great rookies that amazed NBA fans were Shaquille 'Neal, Dwight Howard, Grant Hill, Amare Stoudemire and more.
- Legendary player’s exploits are recalled and given due recognition.
- Great players are enshrined to the Naismith's Hall of Fame, recent additions were Michael Jordan considered to be the best ever basketball player of all time and assist and steal all time leader John Stockton of the Utah Jazz.
- Monickers like Bulls (Chicago), Celtics (Boston), Magic (Orlando), etc. gives fans some identity and something to get associated with.
My sixth hub in the HubChallenge...
- Which Team Will Win the 2011 NBA Title
The playoffs time in the NBA is fast-approaching as the cast of those team that will figure out...
- His Airness Michael Jordan Inducted to Hall of Fame
Michael Jordan was enshrined in the Hall of Fame joining other NBA legends like Larry Bird, Wilt Chamberlain, Gorge Gervin, George Mikan, and Magic Johnson in the illustrious list. The final award he could...
- 60 Reasons Why You Should Love NBA
One of the only three nations that treats basketball as a national sport and past time (the other two, the Serbia and Lithuania), the basketball-crazy Philippines was once a powerhouse in Asian basketball in...
- Which Team Win the 2011 NBA Title
The playoffs time in the NBA is fast-approaching as the cast of those team that will figure out...
You might also be interested in:
- The Beautiful Superwoman of Surfing
Surfing is perhaps one ot the most thrilling sports on earth. Surfers from all over the world that converge in different competitions are truly a bunch of magnificent performers as you see them unleash great...
- A Tribute to Cycling Legend Lance Armstrong
talents and at the same time was his way to escape the jaws of poverty. On September 18, 1971, a bouncing baby boy in the name of Lance Armstrong was born to a poverty stricken parents. Linda, Armstrong's ever...
- Gracie's Jiu-Jitsu in UFC
The UFCs popularity has soared for the past few years. The excitement generated by this very taxing sport considered by many as brutal is enormous and its induced entertainment reverberates through the...
- The Importance of Intramurals or Sports Fest in Schools
The school is a place where students are nurtured to become a responsible and productive member of the society. It provides a complete means of molding students to become an employee or professional, to the...
- How to be a Sports Editor or a Sports Writer
(Editor's Note: This Hub contains a brief story and insights on how to be a sports editor or sports writer). Sports writing has its own distinct identity, very interesting and yet enjoying. It has dimensions...
- The Importance of Sports in Your Kid's Life
What is elementary life without sports? Probably boring and lifeless as it is. Sports is vital in the very young lives of your kids for it gives them a lot of things to learn about life aside from...
- What are the Qualities of a Good Coach
Coaches are indeed essential in any field of undertakings. In a pack of wolves a coach can be likened to the alpha male which spearheads the attacks on other animals and defending territory against aggressors....
- Tiger Woods Losing Sponsors and Popularity
Manny Pacquiao the worlds undisputed pound-for-pound king as what the boxing pundits says of him, is also dubbed as the Pacman. Well, not a very appealing and nice to hear at moniker so as to speak but...
- SPORTS HUBS ***Funny and Hilarious Manny Pacquiao Images or Pictures***
- Mayweather Versus Pacquiao in Blockbuster Dream Match Next Year
(Fight Update: Both Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather agreed to a 50-50 split of the fight purse which is equivalent to an astronomical amount of $50 million guaranteed purse, whoa. The windfall of cash does...
- Manny Pacquiao Rewrites Boxing History With Win Over Cotto
Whenever boxing icon Manny Pacquiao enters the ring, expect the daily life of Filipinos to be halted as they are glued to their television to watch the planets undisputed pound-for-pound king struts his...
- Classy Manny Pacquiao
The world witnessed the rise of a humble bakery helper to the pinnacle of boxing heights. Manny Pacquiao amazed boxing fanatics and aficionados anew as he scored a riveting 12 round unanimous win over...
- Who is the Greatest Boxer of All Time Muhammad Ali or Manny Pacquiao
Few decades ago, the planet witnessed the heroics of Muhammad Ali in the boxing ring. Alis rise to the pinnacle of the sports was mercurial and truly inspirational. He was an immovable force with...
- Chess Tips for Intermediates and Beginners
Chess is one of the most commonly played boardgames in the world, it requires strategy, tactics, stealth and mental toughness to be able to extract a win or force a draw against stronger opponents. Here are...
- Wesley So the Latest World Chess Sensation
The world chess community is indeed dazzled and in awe with the recent exploits of GM Wesly So of the Philippines. The 16 year-old So, which totes an Elo rating of 2640, the highest in his country and his age...
- Wesley So the Philippines' New Chess Sensation
Philippines chess has something to be proud of, GM Wesley So, the latest chess wunderkind continues to reap honors for his country and his growing lists of achievements continues to spellbound and amaze the...
- A Sneak Peek at Chess Prodigy Anish Giri
(April 29, 2010, Manila) The changing of guards in the world chess scene seemed to be inevitable, as aging Super Grandmasters of World Chess circuits sanctioned by the FIDE are slowly losing grip of their...
- Why the Philippines Should Concentrate on Football
It is high time for the Philippines to concentrate too in sports where height is not a big factor like the football. The dream of barging into the basketball glory just like in the yesteryears is now somewhat...
- The Asian Teams in the 2010 Soccer World Cup
The contagious World Cup Fever will soon prevail again this June as billions of people from all four corners of the world are expected to be helpless about it and who cares, most them are dying to get infected...
- Meet The Equally Tough Philippine Azkals
(Updates: The Philippine Azkals trounced Mongolia 2-0 at the start of their 2 game home and away series at the jampacked Panaad Stadium, Bacolod City in the AFC Challenge Cup. The 1-2 combo of Jieffy Caligdong...
The 2010 FIFA Soccer World Cup will kick off this coming June in South Africa and everyone is seemed upbeat with it. I whipped out this article that is teeming with different perspective and attacks to loosen...
- SPORTS HUBS The Impressive Philippine Azkals